PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the NBA should implement more rules to protect D12?

MavsSuperFan
11-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Dwight Howard is being stopped with hack a shaq strategy. No one enjoys watching that.

It cost houston the game against the lakers.

Would you support the NBA in implementing more rules to protect howard? such as extending the last 2 min foul away from the ball rules to the whole 4th quarter?

I probably wouldnt support a rule change, but that wasnt a fun game to watch

Eric Cartman
11-10-2013, 04:32 PM
tbh they should eliminate the last 2 minutes rule

LoneyROY7
11-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Or here's another suggestion, Dwight Howard could actually learn how to shoot free throws...

kamil
11-10-2013, 04:34 PM
the 'delay of game' rule needs to be scrapped. WTF is that?

Eric Cartman
11-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Fiba rules are were it's at.

The way basketball should be played, not this shit.

ZenMaster
11-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Fiba rules are were it's at.

The way basketball should be played, not this shit.

It's so simple.

Haymaker
11-10-2013, 04:38 PM
That wouldn't be fair to Shaq. They created rules to help stop him.

ZenMaster
11-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Or here's another suggestion, Dwight Howard could actually learn how to shoot free throws...

There has always been 50% free throw shooters in the NBA, doesn't look like it's changing in the next 20 years.

fpliii
11-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Maybe not protect Dwight in particular, but shit like this is lame as hell. :facepalm

The NBA has tried to marginalize the big man for years. I know seven footers don't sell shoes but the anti-center bias in rules development/progression is pathetic.

ILLsmak
11-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Yea intentional fouling is stupid. As I've stated many times before, fouls, I believe, were intended to happen during actual basketball.

Drawing fouls is equally stupid, but sticking to the topic, I don't think there should be any intentional fouling (even at the end of games.) Basically the only thing it does is allow for more advertisement (which obviously means it will never be completely gone.)

Fouling players just to troll them is not a strategy. How can someone force a player to shoot FTs when he doesn't even have the ball? The only people who support that strategy, IMO, are haters who can't understand how some bball player can be a poor FT shooter.

-Smak

ispin69
11-10-2013, 04:49 PM
http://1o983vok8t81oeev33de64c8nq.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/820340106.gif

Touching with one hand is a foul?

[QUOTE]Hand Checking: A defender may not place and keep his hand on an opponent unless he is in the area near the basket with his back to the basket. [I]A defender may momentarily touch an opponent with his hand anywhere on the court as long as it does not affect the opponent

Eric Cartman
11-10-2013, 04:51 PM
http://1o983vok8t81oeev33de64c8nq.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/820340106.gif

It's all about intention. What do you want, meeks and blake piledriving him into the ground?

MavsSuperFan
11-10-2013, 04:52 PM

Houston's games will just become a game of tag with dwight out there.

Dwights sucky FT shooting + current rules = unwatchable games.

Eric Cartman
11-10-2013, 04:55 PM

hack-a-asik will also keep you entertain

TheMarkMadsen
11-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Yeah not like the NBA doesn't already have enough rules in place to make offensive easier..

Hit your free throws, the last thing the NBA should do is cater to this man child who already believes everything should be handed to him..

That'd be like saying "it's not fair when teams have off shooting nights, that shit isn't fun to watch, let's give them a half point for every shot as long as it hits the rim"

ispin69
11-10-2013, 04:57 PM
It's all about intention. What do you want, meeks and blake piledriving him into the ground?

How about a legit foul, two hands or an arm hold? Refs just want to help the other team save time since they can barely catch up to him.

OldSkoolball#52
11-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Dwight Howard is being stopped with hack a shaq strategy. No one enjoys watching that.

Im pretty sure everyone enjoys watching that.

Ai2death
11-10-2013, 04:58 PM

Dwight probably enjoyed that game of tag more than playing actual basketball anyway.

OldSkoolball#52
11-10-2013, 05:00 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone wants that.

bdreason
11-10-2013, 05:01 PM
There's only a handful of players that get the hack-a-shack strategy in the NBA. Changing the rules for a handful of players is dumb.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Dwight probably enjoyed that game of tag more than playing actual basketball anyway.

:oldlol:

KrizMiz
11-10-2013, 05:05 PM

impossible!

talamo
11-10-2013, 05:39 PM

http://i.imgur.com/GTxiUsm.gif

TheCorporation
11-10-2013, 05:42 PM

Exactly lol...

sc19
11-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Solution: Sit his ass out in 4th quarter.

kamil
11-10-2013, 05:44 PM

Truth!

This guy gets paid millions of dollars per year to play PROFESSIONAL basketball, trains hours a day... if he's not averaging a respectable percantage from the line, ship his ass out. Theres NO EXCUSE to sit around 50% at the line in the NBA. Find a way to make your shots. PERIOD.

ralph_i_el
11-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Maybe dwight should learn how to hit free throws or shit the goddamn bench in crunch time

ZenMaster
11-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Truth!

This guy gets paid millions of dollars per year to play PROFESSIONAL basketball, trains hours a day... if he's not averaging a respectable percantage from the line, ship his ass out. Theres NO EXCUSE to sit around 50% at the line in the NBA. Find a way to make your shots. PERIOD.

Your post is so dramatic because it's out of touch with reality.
In the Rockets-Clippers game there where two guys on the floor who where fouled on purpose right after each other, this takes away from watching real basketball. One makes 20 million and the other 10, they're not even close to "having their asses shipped out". They do other things so well that there's a spot for them in the NBA.

I agree they should be shooting better, but these players have always been there, some players just can't shoot.

Jon_Koncak
11-10-2013, 06:30 PM
There's only a handful of players that get the hack-a-shack strategy in the NBA. Changing the rules for a handful of players is dumb.

NBA implemented the stupid 5 seconds back to the basket rule because of one player,Charles Barkley.

Hack a whoever strategy isnt a smart tactic,it's just a stupid gimmick,a loophole that evil coaches took advantage of.It slows the game and bores everyone to hell. It could be eliminated easily.Each foul off the ball should be punished with free throws and the possesion back.That's what happens under FIBA rules,heck that's what happens in last two minutes of the game in the NBA.

SpecialQue
11-10-2013, 06:34 PM
If they didn't eliminate this for Shaq, why the hell should they do it for the Dollar Tree knock off version?

MavsSuperFan
11-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Maybe dwight should learn how to hit free throws or shit the goddamn bench in crunch time
not that I fully support expanding the last 2mins foul away from the ball rules, but with this argument, couldnt we say:

"there should be no charging or blocking in the NBA, Weaklings should learn how to deal with the physical play"

Dwight can't shoot Free throws. no coach with a triple digit IQ would avoid hack a shaqing him if he needed to.

Jameerthefear
11-10-2013, 06:37 PM
I just wish you could be more physical under the basket.

LONGTIME
11-10-2013, 06:38 PM
NBA implemented the stupid 5 seconds back to the basket rule because of one player,Charles Barkley.

"Mark Jackson rule".

Nick Young
11-10-2013, 11:07 PM
The other team is giving him free easy shots. If Dwight can't do something basic like shoot freethrows at a competent percentage, he deserves to be exposed like this game after game. Houston knew what they got when they signed this scrub.

Look at this shit, running away from an intentional foul and freethrows with a laughing smile on his face in a close game against his ex-team on his home court? WTF is that shit Dwight? It's embarrassing for the game.

He's literally running away from clutch freethrows because he's too scared to have to take them.

peejay89
11-10-2013, 11:25 PM
"Mark Jackson rule".

"Steve smith rule"

wakencdukest
11-10-2013, 11:34 PM

It cost houston the game against the lakers.

Would you support the NBA in implementing more rules to protect howard? such as extending the last 2 min foul away from the ball rules to the whole 4th quarter?

I probably wouldnt support a rule change, but that wasnt a fun game to watch

Where were you last year when Popovitch was pulling this shit in the second quarter.

robert de niro
11-10-2013, 11:42 PM
being exposed is way funnier

SyRyanYang
11-10-2013, 11:56 PM
I don't understand, even if he's hitting them at slightly below 50%, that's still a little bit higher than a team's average FG%.

bdreason
11-11-2013, 12:40 AM

Hack a whoever strategy isnt a smart tactic,it's just a stupid gimmick,a loophole that evil coaches took advantage of.It slows the game and bores everyone to hell. It could be eliminated easily.Each foul off the ball should be punished with free throws and the possession back.That's what happens under FIBA rules,heck that's what happens in last two minutes of the game in the NBA.

So every off-the-ball foul is FT's and the ball? Or only "intentional" fouls? Because if it's only "intentional" fouls, then how do you prove it's "intentional"? And if it's EVERY off-the-ball foul is FT's and the ball... that's only gonna slow the game down even more.

The game is better with less rules. The more rules you add, the more constraints you put on strategies. With the modern NBA rules, all you see these days is guys trying to get fouled and get to the FT line, and it's ridiculous.

And the 5-sec back-to-the-basket rule is fukcing retarded. You don't want a guy to back you down in the post? Then double him, or put a bigger defender on him. Instead the NBA created a rule to make it illegal? What a joke.

Purch
11-11-2013, 12:47 AM
I swear every time a rule change happens its to protect the offensive players. lf a coach chooses to put a poor ft shooter on the court, the other team should be able to exploit that. Coaching in the nba is a game of chess, and essentially you're trying to take away pieces from coaches

LONGTIME
11-11-2013, 12:50 AM
"Steve smith rule"

"Sam Cassell rule"

Jakeh008
11-11-2013, 12:57 AM
Keep the last 2 min rule.
Then add a rule that if the player is standing out of bounds on the sideline (not baseline) he cant be fouled. That would force Dwight to stand out of bounds rather then getting fouled but also hurt the rockets because there forced to play with 4 players.