PDA

View Full Version : Evan Turner - dropping bust label?

StateProperty
11-10-2013, 09:57 PM
7 games
23.4 ppg
6.7 rebounds
3.3 assists
1.3 steals
52%

If Sixers trade him, what's he worth as a 25 year old? Should they keep him as a building piece? Will he go back to being the ET of his first few seasons? Is he a legit 2nd scorer on a team, a 3rd scorer, or better suited as a 6th man with more range to create?

SpecialQue
11-10-2013, 09:59 PM
No.

Eric Cartman
11-10-2013, 09:59 PM
No.

don't be like that Que everybody deserves a second chance

Legends66NBA7
11-10-2013, 10:05 PM
He's a very good all-around player. Certainly isn't a bust, just needs to be in the right role. I'd say he could be 2nd or 3rd option, but could definitely be your top defensive wing.

STATUTORY
11-10-2013, 10:11 PM
less athletic version of Iggy, great utility player. never a bust

JimmyMcAdocious
11-10-2013, 10:14 PM
I haven't watched enough Sixers games, but is he playing this well because of the expanded role into a #1/#2 option? Would he be much less effective like in the past if you reduced him to a #4, or around there?

All I know is that I probably don't want Turner as my #1 or #2 if my aspirations are to legitimately compete.

I have to watch him play more this year, tho.

chips93
11-10-2013, 10:31 PM
both times ive seen him, against the cavs, he out up big numbers, without dominating the ball, so i dont see why he couldnt be effective as a 3rd option on a good team.

andremiller07
11-10-2013, 10:32 PM
both times ive seen him, against the cavs, he out up big numbers, without dominating the ball, so i dont see why he couldnt be effective as a 3rd option on a good team.
If I were the Thunder I would be offering the Sixers come nice packages for him.

HomieWeMajor
11-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Nothing to see here just a statpadder on a bad team.

chips93
11-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Nothing to see here just a statpadder on a bad team.

have you watched him play this year?

he has added a lot to his game

HylianNightmare
11-10-2013, 11:08 PM
he has been beasting, i hope he can keep it up all year, cause i expected more out of him

tmacattack33
11-10-2013, 11:08 PM
He could be a similar level player as Igoudala. He might make an all-star game or two if the competition at his position is weak for a couple years.

And if that happens I wouldn't consider that much of a bust. A true bust at the second pick is M. Beasley (or Darko of course...but Dark woulda been a bust even if he was picked at tenth overall).

Dro
11-10-2013, 11:09 PM
I never thought he was a bust anyway...He's always seemed to be a good all around player...

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Ppl thought he was a bust? Don't they realize it takes the average NBA player like 3~4 years, sometimes even longer, to fully develop?

GOBB
11-11-2013, 09:39 AM
He handles the ball far better than Iggy and is better at attacking the rim. Iggy has more range is a better playmaker.

Not sure what Sixers should do with him. He's not worth a max. He's probably going to seek it or settle for a Derrick Favors like deal if teams throw offer sheets his way in that range.

Contract year ontop of the fact he said this past season was the first time he took training seriously. So that tells me for 3 years you werent putting in the work? Comments like that rub me the wrong way. He's definitely a player that needs the ball in his hands. Without Doug Collins breathing down his neck he can just go out and play. Playing more confident than before.

That said I'm not sure what I would do. Wouldnt mind swapping Turner for Monroe at the end of the season. Not sure if that is within the rules given both are RFA. Not sure if Detroit would even consider it altho they have Drummond and can slide Josh in Monroe spot. I honestly dont care for an extra first rd pick. We have two if NO doesnt draft top 5. Why 3? We building a college bball team? Turner is more proven than the prospect we get with that pick.

:confusedshrug:

Ppl thought he was a bust? Don't they realize it takes the average NBA player like 3~4 years, sometimes even longer, to fully develop?

:oldlol:

DukeDelonte13
11-11-2013, 10:11 AM
his shot looks much improved and he's still a young player with lots of room to grow.

To4
11-11-2013, 10:29 AM
contract year

TheReturn
11-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Still don't like his game a whole lot, but he is playing better.

cos88
11-11-2013, 10:42 AM
only idiots labeled him as a bust. sure underperformer but never a bust.

chocolatethunder
11-11-2013, 01:30 PM
have you watched him play this year?

he has added a lot to his game

Yes he has. The biggest thing that I noticed is that he has added a mid range shot to his game and is killing it with this. That's huge in a league where it's all 3pts or drives to the cup.

Although his numbers look like Iggy's, there aren't a lot of similarities to the way the play. Turner is a better rebounder and sees the floor better. Not to say that he'll average more assists but as a passer, he sees stuff unfold better than Iggy. He's a better shooter than Iggy but he's not even close to the defender Iggy is and he's not athletic. They both can do a lot as players and neither is amazing at anything but how they do what they do is different.

That being said, it's only seven games into an extremely long season so I'll reserve judgement until the season is over. Anyone can have a stretch of seven good games.

Styles p
11-11-2013, 02:31 PM
i love the way he's playing and hope we keep him, if i trade anyone on this team it's probably thad. it's amazing what some work in the offseason can do and a new coach who doesn't have you standing in the corners the first 3 seasons of your career, that being said **** doug collins :rockon:

Dbrog
11-11-2013, 03:02 PM
I never thought he was a bust anyway...He's always seemed to be a good all around player...

This

Walker
11-11-2013, 03:15 PM
You put a bunch of terrible players out on the court the whole game someone is gonna look good... but with a real team they're rubbish.

See "Linsanity" as a prime example.

Duderonomy
11-11-2013, 03:18 PM
This is ISH bust labels come out after 1/2 a season. :oldlol:

OhNoTimNoSho
11-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Team doesn't have much talent so he gets to shoot/handle a lot inflating his stats. Dont be fooled, still has the basketball IQ of a retarted person. Makes bonehead plays regularly.

He'll never be able to become a player that has the ball in his hands on a good team cus he is just f*cking retarted. And I don't know if hell ever be a good role player because hes one of those cant function without getting a lot of touches type player. But that could change and he could become the latter if he works on it. The former, def not, he is so stupid.

chocolatethunder
11-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Team doesn't have much talent so he gets to shoot/handle a lot inflating his stats. Dont be fooled, still has the basketball IQ of a retarted person. Makes bonehead plays regularly.

He'll never be able to become a player that has the ball in his hands on a good team cus he is just f*cking retarted. And I don't know if hell ever be a good role player because hes one of those cant function without getting a lot of touches type player. But that could change and he could become the latter if he works on it. The former, def not, he is so stupid.
He's no worse than Iggy who thinks that he's a three point shooter and would be good for at least one airball from three a game, and if the game was on the line he'd be guaranteed to dribble the ball off his foot. Every game w Iggy here he would invariably lose the ball out of bounds for no reason and shoot an airball and at least one other ill advised three. At least this kid is young so he has a chance to get better. Iggy has been the same player since his rookie season.

Legends66NBA7
11-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Do you guys think Turner can become a better scorer than Iggy ? Or even a consistent 20+ppg threat ?

Eric Cartman
11-11-2013, 04:45 PM
You put a bunch of terrible players out on the court the whole game someone is gonna look good... but with a real team they're rubbish.

See "Linsanity" as a prime example.

He is averaging 14 points on 53% with really good players around him this year. Sure not superstar level numbers he had in New York but real solid.

Which is what I expect from Evan Turner and eventually a 3rd or 4th option on a championship contender.

statman32
11-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Turner has always had a nice mid range jumper, but this year it has been money. He is attacking to score, and also finishing better than he has in past years. Still doesn't have an outside shot because he doesn't get the elevation needed. Can create for others, but is needed more as a scorer on this team. Dumb mistakes are still there but his confidence is sky high.

Shade8780
11-11-2013, 06:51 PM
How do you see games, chips?

chips93
11-11-2013, 07:09 PM
How do you see games, chips?

i occasionally watch them live using firstrowsports, but usually i just watch them the day after. i either torrent them from davka, or use the leaguepass hack that people were posting about just before the start of the season