PDA

View Full Version : Jazz #1 pick dilemma

Ca$H
11-11-2013, 05:57 AM
If the Jazz get the #1 pick then do they get Wiggins and keep him for seven years(rookie contract plus restricted free agency) or do they get Parker for his whole career(let us say 15 years)?

BlackWhiteGreen
11-11-2013, 05:58 AM
They wait 7 months and decide on draft day.

Xiao Yao You
11-11-2013, 06:32 AM
They wait 7 months and decide on draft day.

Yep they might want Smart with the way Burke looked or Gordon if he shows he can play the 3. Long ways to go.

Random_Guy
11-11-2013, 07:56 AM
The Jazz wont have to worry until they actually get a pick(even if you have the worst record its like a 25%chance), but still there a fairly big chance the the Jazz will end up with one of the two.

And from the way things are looking, Parker might be picked regardless.

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2013, 08:14 AM
If the Jazz get the #1 pick then do they get Wiggins and keep him for seven years(rookie contract plus restricted free agency) or do they get Parker for his whole career(let us say 15 years)?
And you know one goes while the other stays how?

JimmyMcAdocious
11-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Wiggins actually seems to have a Durant/Duncan mentality and personality. Wouldn't surprise me to see him stay in a not LA/NY type of team for most of his career. Depends on how well the organization build around him, like every other situation.

noob cake
11-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Parker is a mormon

shallehalle
11-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Wiggins actually seems to have a Durant/Duncan mentality and personality. Wouldn't surprise me to see him stay in a not LA/NY type of team for most of his career. Depends on how well the organization build around him, like every other situation.
:biggums: completely different personalities

Miss Bella
11-11-2013, 05:43 PM

He is probably basing it on Parker being mormon.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-11-2013, 05:55 PM
:biggums: completely different personalities

The low key, not particularly outgoing, not particularly egocentric personality?

DuMa
11-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Cleveland won the Bron Lotto
Chicago won the Rose Lotto
Toronto will win the Wiggins lotto.

Eric Cartman
11-11-2013, 06:03 PM

canada doesn't deserve greatness

DuMa
11-11-2013, 06:20 PM
canada doesn't deserve greatness

toronto has already mailed their check. you cannot stop this train

Purch
11-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Where's the issue? Parker is the best player in the draft.

kshutts1
11-11-2013, 06:35 PM

If that happens, I may turn into a conspiracy theorist. Particularly if Toronto's chances are low (out of top 5).

CelticBaller
11-11-2013, 08:04 PM
if i was them i would get Parker. An efficient scorer that would fit perfectly with the low post big men, and hayward who plays like a PG

ILLsmak
11-11-2013, 10:54 PM

Yeah, I mean, you can't predict that because it's mostly the culture of the team that keeps a player. Location is important, sure, but depending on who else they have, the coach, and the style they play, they will be more or less interesting to a player. A player would have to be dumb to leave a good situation for a better location. Altho it has happened before. Don't draft dumb players.

-Smak

Xiao Yao You
11-11-2013, 11:15 PM
if i was them i would get Parker. An efficient scorer that would fit perfectly with the low post big men, and hayward who plays like a PG

Hayward could be gone? Might be his replacement.

Qwyjibo
11-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Hold on guys, I think I have a crazy idea that might just work. Here goes:

How about if Utah gets the #1 pick then they work out all the top prospects and then simply take the one that looks like will be the best overall player?

Eric Cartman
11-12-2013, 01:19 AM

How about if Utah gets the #1 pick then they work out all the top prospects and then simply take the one that looks like will be the best overall player?

Get out of here, idiot.

Myth
11-12-2013, 01:40 AM

For the record, in the 2007 draft many believed that if Portland drafted Durant, he would bolt when he could, which was another reason people were saying they should draft Oden.

Also, Dwight Howard was considered a goodie goodie (compared to David Robinson in personality) who could do no wrong.

Point is, people predicting what the player will do when he ages and enters the NBA is not an exact science. Therefore, they should go with the best player and do what they can to convince them it is worth staying.

red1
11-12-2013, 01:42 AM

who does this guy think he is? there is no room for logic here at insidehoops

Xiao Yao You
11-12-2013, 09:10 AM
There are a few NBA front-office executives and scouts, however, who aren't completely sure Wiggins will even be the No. 1 overall pick. "Until Wiggins learns how to play hard," one NBA scout said, "he's Kansas' third-best freshman." Yahoo! Sports

"Wiggins has been advertised pretty high," one long-time NBA scout said. "Is he that good? The jury is still out." Yahoo! Sports

While Wiggins has drawn some comparisons to LeBron James, one NBA scout said Wiggins' "worst-case scenario" is he's Vince Carter. Another scout likened him to Tracy McGrady. "He's not LeBron," one NBA general manager said. "It's not his fault regarding all the hype. People say he's pretty humble. He's a top-three pick for sure, if not No. 1." Yahoo! Sports

"Julius Randle is the real deal," one NBA scout said. "Jabari Parker is really good. Dante Exum, he was super impressive at the Hoop Summit at practice and is smooth and can shoot it. Marcus Smart, if a team needs a point guard, he can be a high pick, too. This upcoming draft class is outstanding." Yahoo! Sports

Wiggins and Parker will face off on Tuesday when Kansas plays Duke in the Champions Classic in Parker's hometown of Chicago. Randle is playing in the other game of the Classic doubleheader when Kentucky takes on Michigan State, giving scouts a chance to see three of the top prospects in one location. Yahoo! Sports

Still a long ways to go as I said!