PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunately for Antony Bennet. Mike Brown is his coach.

LakersDaBEst
11-11-2013, 10:43 PM
This guy has potential... but too bad Mike Brown is coaching him :facepalm

Bennet for Pau Gasol. down.

scott0326
11-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Unfortunately for Anthony Bennett, he sucks.

senelcoolidge
11-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Damn, Bennett dropped below 1.0 ppg again. Keep your head up.

East_Stone_Ya
11-12-2013, 07:38 AM
hitting that rookie wall...hard

CeltsGarlic
11-12-2013, 08:32 AM
so far hes on a roll to be the goat bust of all time.

Haymaker
11-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Brown can't make his buckets for him. :pimp:

kells333
11-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Unfortunately for Anthony Bennett, he sucks.

This

chocolatethunder
11-12-2013, 11:08 AM
What is wrong with you people? This dude has played something like seven games. He's a rookie and he's young let him figure it out. I assume that you must have thought that Jeremy Lin would just keep up Linsanity because he looked so good in that stretch of good games he had? Jesus, get a grip and let him figure it out. Maybe he will suck but there's no way to know that after seven or eight games of his first season. Kobe averaged 7 points and shot 41% his rookie year and shot four air balls in five shots in the deciding game of a playoff series. So I guess it would be safe to say that he was gonna suck? I have no idea if this kid sucks or not but you're all just a bunch of idiotic kids. Brandon Jennings drops 50 in one game and he's gonna be a stud but it turns out that he isn't. Anthony Bennett is abysmal in his first 10 games but who knows what his career will be.

Eric Cartman
11-12-2013, 11:30 AM
hitting that rookie wall...hard

1 knockout punch left him in a trance state :roll:

Pra
11-12-2013, 08:29 PM
:roll: :roll:

outbreak
11-12-2013, 08:32 PM
small sample size, the kid has shown in pre season that he has some moves. Give him time and I think he'll pan out. I don't see him being a star or anything but I don't think he'll be a terrible bust like he looks at the moment.

Miss Bella
11-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Did he not suffer a shoulder injury that he is still recovering from? his numbers are alarming but we should wait before judging.

noob cake
11-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Out of shape, shoulder injury, rookie big, shitty coach.

Bennet will be fine.

You guys really think Bennett will average less than 1 PPG on 0.12 PER for the rest of the year? That is like Derrick Rose level bad.

RedBlackAttack
11-12-2013, 08:55 PM
so far hes on a roll to be the goat bust of all time.
So far, this is on a roll to be the woat overreaction to how a guy starts his NBA career.

Eric Cartman
11-12-2013, 09:01 PM
So far, this is on a roll to be the woat overreaction to how a guy starts his NBA career.

To be fair he wasn't a top prospect or highly ranked on draft day. He could become a bust just by were he was drafted. Like a Joe Smith, Marvin Williams type.

coin24
11-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Its still puzzling why the Cavs took him at #1

I<3NBA
11-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Its still puzzling why the Cavs took him at #1
because the Cavs suck.

RedBlackAttack
11-13-2013, 12:12 AM
To be fair he wasn't a top prospect or highly ranked on draft day. He could become a bust just by were he was drafted. Like a Joe Smith, Marvin Williams type.
Wasn't a "top prospect" according to whom? Jay Bilas? Obviously, the consensus "top prospects" amongst GMs and the supposed "experts" varied greatly, with Noel and McLemore both falling out of the Top 4. And, Bennett was considered one of the best prospects in the draft pretty much all year long in the lead-up to the draft.

Was he supposed to be the No. 1 pick? No. Was he considered a definite Top 7 or so pick? Yes. That's a top prospect in my book.

And, you can compare Bennett to Smith/Williams/whoever after a couple years. Seven games, though? Really? With no training camp, Summer League, coming off an injury, on a team that is struggling as a whole offensively with a new coaching staff/system and behind a third year guy who was the No. 4 pick in the draft himself?

And, while everyone focuses on Bennett, not many are talking about Tristan Thompson, who many looked at as a sure-fire bust in his first month as a rookie. He wasn't "supposed" to go in the Top 4, either. He looked pretty bad at the start of his career, too.

Now, just a couple years later, he's averaging 13+/10+ with good defense and still a ton more room to grow. Clearly one of the very elite players in that draft and the main reason Bennett is struggling for minutes.

Marking this guy a bust after seven games when he's playing 8-12 minutes a night is really a new low for ISH. And I wanted Noel before the draft, btw.

I was playing along with it at first when it took him four games to score or whatever, but now I see people are actually serious about evaluating this guy's career already.

bail
11-13-2013, 01:24 AM
he will be fine. remember yao ming in his first few games?

kurple
11-13-2013, 12:50 PM
trade him to denver

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2013, 12:52 PM
would've taken noel.

Dengness9
11-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Out of shape, shoulder injury, rookie big, shitty coach.

Bennet will be fine.

You guys really think Bennett will average less than 1 PPG on 0.12 PER for the rest of the year? That is like Derrick Rose level bad.

Unfortunately for Bennett, he wont win the ROY, or tie Kareem's playoff scoring record of 36 pts by a rookie in their first playoff game.....

Hush.