inclinerator
11-12-2013, 12:11 AM
mvp

Dr. Ice
11-12-2013, 12:15 AM
The only player with heart

JimmyMcAdocious
11-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Was obvious tonight. The Rockets team gravitated to him in the OTs. Harden was passing it and saying get out of his way.

hawkfan
11-12-2013, 12:28 AM
He is tonight.

nathanjizzle
11-12-2013, 12:31 AM
jeremy lin is legit.

imdaman99
11-12-2013, 12:32 AM
how does he end up with 0 assists? is that pick and roll with dwight not working?

Inactive
I was annoyed with all of the Linsanity hype a couple years ago, but I really like what he's done so far this season.

FKAri
I dont know why some ppl accuse him of not having heart. Dude's all heart.

shoops
11-12-2013, 12:37 AM
how does he end up with 0 assists? is that pick and roll with dwight not working?
He had one assist, but it got credited to Casspi by mistake. He hasn't run it much with Howard at all, he was mainly running it with Asik, but Asik had a lot of trouble finishing today and got fouled on most of them.

Micku
11-12-2013, 12:38 AM
I was annoyed with all of the Linsanity hype a couple years ago, but I really like what he's done so far this season.

Very impressed with Lin this season. He has improved his shooting and doesn't play out of control like he used to, but he is still turnover prone. I guess you take the good with the bad.

bagelred
11-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Jeremy Lin's amazing play is just....well....for lack of a better word...it's insanity!

If there's only a way to get that message across in one word.....I dunno....I'll think of something.

KungFuJoe
11-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Jeremy Lin's amazing play is just....well....for lack of a better word...it's insanity!

If there's only a way to get that message across in one word.....I dunno....I'll think of something.

Lincredible!

No. That doesn't have the right ring to it.

inclinerator
11-12-2013, 12:47 AM
i wish he'd stop throwing the ball the harden so much

HoopDreams247
11-12-2013, 12:47 AM
He really seems to be one of them.

DuMa
11-12-2013, 12:53 AM
niko = :mad:

Eric Cartman
11-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Lin: Carmelo nigg'a tell me how my ass tastes.

:roll:

11-12-2013, 01:21 AM
It's only 1 game guys. Wait until he comes back to earth and his performances will go back to average.

KungFuJoe
11-12-2013, 01:32 AM
It's only 1 game guys. Wait until he comes back to earth and his performances will go back to average.

You that dude that waits all season for someone to have a bad game yellin out "I tol' you so! I tol' you so!"

InspiredLebowski
11-12-2013, 01:35 AM
he'll be back on the bench when Beverly's healthy. that's not a knock on Lin, Bevery's just an oustanding defender and Houston needs it in a major way on the perimeter.

DuMa
11-12-2013, 01:36 AM
he'll be back on the bench when Beverly's healthy. that's not a knock on Lin, Bevery's just an oustanding defender and Houston needs it in a major way on the perimeter.

Bev has been back for 3 games and has been starting. McHale just runs Lin more minutes.

InspiredLebowski
11-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Bev has been back for 3 games and has been starting. McHale just runs Lin more minutes.oh yeah? guess I better pay more attention to the West.

hawkfan
11-12-2013, 02:06 AM
It's kind of irrelevant whether Lin starts or not - he gets starter's minutes.

InspiredLebowski
11-12-2013, 02:11 AM
It's kind of irrelevant whether Lin starts or not - he gets starter's minutes.right, it's irrelevant whether anybody starts. I wish people didn't make so much of it. it's lineups and minute distribution, not whoever plays first until the 4 minute media TO.

Micku
11-12-2013, 02:22 AM
It's kind of irrelevant whether Lin starts or not - he gets starter's minutes.

Yup. I think it was good move to put him starting off the bench because you can let Harden do his thing and Lin do his thing when Harden gets out.

But Lin has been off to very good start of the season. This probably influence Mchale to play him more to finish games. He has been very efficient and is coming off as their third best player so far. I wonder if he can keep it up?

westside_baller
11-12-2013, 02:49 AM
Mchale's a moron. This team can't score since he starts asik and beverley, who both suck on offense.

Beverley is 0-15 from the field in 2 of his last 3 starts. Asik can't even catch the ball.

Lin has been on fire the entire season: 16 ppg on 55% from the field and 46% from 3's. Incredibly efficient.

Beverley is shooting just 34% from the field and a lowly 26% from 3's.

No one's stupid enough to think beverley should be starting over lin.

Except Mchale.

InspiredLebowski
11-12-2013, 02:52 AM
Mchale's a moron. This team can't score since he starts asik and beverley, who both suck on offense.

Beverley is 0-15 from the field in 2 of his last 3 starts. Asik can't even catch the ball.

Lin has been on fire the entire season: 16 ppg on 55% from the field and 46% from 3's. Incredibly efficient.

Except Mchale.scoring isn't their problem

redboy
11-12-2013, 03:40 AM
it sucks that dwight treats him as a scapegoat

SpurrDurr
11-12-2013, 04:01 AM
So far he's been the best Houston player.

He got too much hype during Linsanity and too much shit last season.

He's a good player who deserves some credit so far in this season. Also playing with Howard and Harden isn't easy at all i'd guess.

FKAri
11-12-2013, 04:09 AM
Lin is to the Rockets what Harden was to the Thunder.

Micku
11-12-2013, 04:21 AM

Except Mchale.

I disagree. I think Lin is great coming off the bench and act as a sixth man similar to Manu, Harden back in his Thunder days, or JR Smith. This will let Lin do his thing while Harden takes a break, and it gives the bench some fire power.

So far, he has been on fire this season. Very efficient and making very solid plays. He improved on his shooting a lot it seems, but we'll see if he can keep it up.

I don't think Mchale expected Lin to play this well, but it's been working out. With that said, Lin and Asik may get traded. Asik isn't really useful since Howard is there and Lin keeps playing this way, he can become a good trade value and get some defenders on the team.

But they could use a better coach as well if they want to contend, especially one that could issue defense to them. SVG would've been great, but Howard and SVG can't work together. It's too early in the season, so the team could work themselves up to shape with the defense. They don't have to be the best, but at least top 13th.

miggyme1
11-12-2013, 04:32 AM
I disagree. I think Lin is great coming off the bench and act as a sixth man similar to Manu, Harden back in his Thunder days, or JR Smith. This will let Lin do his thing while Harden takes a break, and it gives the bench some fire power.

So far, he has been on fire this season. Very efficient and making very solid plays. He improved on his shooting a lot it seems, but we'll see if he can keep it up.

I don't think Mchale expected Lin to play this well, but it's been working out. With that said, Lin and Asik may get traded. Asik isn't really useful since Howard is there and Lin keeps playing this way, he can become a good trade value and get some defenders on the team.

But they could use a better coach as well if they want to contend, especially one that could issue defense to them. SVG would've been great, but Howard and SVG can't work together. It's too early in the season, so the team could work themselves up to shape with the defense. They don't have to be the best, but at least top 13th.

Trade lin where? I dont think hou gave him all that money just to trade him. Plus the only team i could see wanting lin is the lakers but they dont have any trade friendly pieces that would suit the rockets. Trading asik would be a better move but in my opinion still costly. Imo i would like to see howard start at the four and asik at the five. Asik is better with his back to the basket. When asik draws a double team u have howard cuttin to the basket for a nice alley or to clean up the miss. Just my take on it

Nick Young
11-12-2013, 04:47 AM
Do you not watch Dwight properly? He doesnt know how to screen or how to roll properly. Even Steve Nash feeding him on the roll it would bounce off his hands 50% of the time and the other 50% of the time he would bring the ball down low and get fouled and shoot his 50% freethrows.

Pick and roll is a low percentage play with D12.

Micku
11-12-2013, 05:13 AM
Trade lin where? I dont think hou gave him all that money just to trade him. Plus the only team i could see wanting lin is the lakers but they dont have any trade friendly pieces that would suit the rockets. Trading asik would be a better move but in my opinion still costly. Imo i would like to see howard start at the four and asik at the five. Asik is better with his back to the basket. When asik draws a double team u have howard cuttin to the basket for a nice alley or to clean up the miss. Just my take on it

As you said, Lakers could really use him, but there is nothing in return. Pacers could use Lin as well, but the turnovers could be an issue and I don't think they would want to ruin the good thing they have going atm. The Pelicans could use Lin and Asik and you could possibly get Ryan Anderson for either or you can get Jrue Holiday. With the Magic you could possibly get Arron Afflalo. New York (lol) also may want Lin back as well, but I don't think see anyone besides Shumpert that you would want. But it depends on how well he plays.

Bandito
11-12-2013, 07:05 AM
So far he's been the best Houston player.

He got too much hype during Linsanity and too much shit last season.

He's a good player who deserves some credit so far in this season. Also playing with Howard and Harden isn't easy at all i'd guess.
Exactly and that's what he is, a good player. Not an all star but a good bench player to ok starter.

Micku
11-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Exactly and that's what he is, a good player. Not an all star but a good bench player to ok starter.

I see potential because he sometimes seems like a bigger version of Tony Parker, but he had his chance last year to prove what he could do and wasn't impressive. This year he is starting off very good, but we'll see if he can keep it up. I have a feeling if he was with Pop, then he could be a bit better.

But regardless, even if he was really good, the West have too much competition with PGs. CP3, Tony Parker, Westbrook, and Step Curry.

dgaras
11-12-2013, 08:27 AM
its better he comes off the bench. that way harden is sitting and the ball can move. lin isnt such a blackhole as harden but he needs the ball in his hands to create anything. not a good off the ball player.

strifed169
11-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Lin is leading the league in PG FG %, not an easy feat

scm5
11-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Do you not watch Dwight properly? He doesnt know how to screen or how to roll properly. Even Steve Nash feeding him on the roll it would bounce off his hands 50% of the time and the other 50% of the time he would bring the ball down low and get fouled and shoot his 50% freethrows.

Pick and roll is a low percentage play with D12.

Dwight needs lobs. Nash loves bounce passes or precision, thread the needle type passes which somehow Dwight is bad at either catching or recognizing.

hawkfan
11-12-2013, 04:42 PM
The Rockets should trade for Steve Novak - he'd be great in a reunion with Lin.

Right now, Lin is the perfect third option on this team. With teams having to focus on Howard and Harden, he is getting a ton of good looks. And he is skilled enough to convert them.

He has the ability to carry a team to victory - a lot of point guards can't do that.

Pointguard
11-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I heard he was being bullied. That Harden flat out ignores him on the court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c9dClaPKgk

Even if knows the play he shouldn't act this indifferent.

DuMa
11-12-2013, 04:49 PM
hell he's still the leader for some of the raptors

http://i.imgur.com/CBmKl2Y.jpg

hawkfan
11-12-2013, 04:54 PM
hell he's still the leader for some of the raptors

http://i.imgur.com/CBmKl2Y.jpg

Lin's telling his guys - "Don't worry, I'll get you down in Houston in no time."

Droid101
11-12-2013, 04:56 PM
I heard he was being bullied. That Harden flat out ignores him on the court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c9dClaPKgk

Even if knows the play he shouldn't act this indifferent.
Wow... Harden is really coming off looking like a whiny bitch this year.

Who melts down first, Harden or Dwight?

hawkfan
11-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Wow... Harden is really coming off looking like a whiny bitch this year.

Who melts down first, Harden or Dwight?

I don't see why they would.
This team needs a third option and that is what Lin is.

KungFuJoe
11-12-2013, 05:25 PM
He really should be the 2nd option...or 2a/2b with Parsons.

I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep if Howard never touched the ball in the post again.

longtime lurker
11-12-2013, 05:28 PM

I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep if Howard never touched the ball in the post again.

Lol already Rockets fans?

strifed169
11-12-2013, 05:46 PM

Mchale is too stupid to ever run his offense this way, it would be perfect if Dwight never touches the ball unless on lobs and putbacks, the Rockets don't need to throw away touches to his garbage post game when you've got triple threats like Parsons, Harden and Lin

Micku
11-13-2013, 02:04 AM
Mchale is too stupid to ever run his offense this way, it would be perfect if Dwight never touches the ball unless on lobs and putbacks, the Rockets don't need to throw away touches to his garbage post game when you've got triple threats like Parsons, Harden and Lin

What? Howard seems better in the post this year than last year, and is better than anyone on the team in the post I think. But we can check that with some stats if anybody look for it.

I always felt that he should be the main guy on the offensive end, but it seems Harden and Lin should run the offense. More Lin tho. I always liked how he run the offense, mistakes and all.

KungFuJoe
11-13-2013, 03:52 AM
What? Howard seems better in the post this year than last year, and is better than anyone on the team in the post I think. But we can check that with some stats if anybody look for it.

I always felt that he should be the main guy on the offensive end, but it seems Harden and Lin should run the offense. More Lin tho. I always liked how he run the offense, mistakes and all.

Just because you're the best of the worst doesn't necessarily mean you're any good.

It's true he's the only post threat for the Rockets...but he's so awful from there. For every nice move he makes, he throws up a nasty brick or turns the ball over.

Nick Young
11-13-2013, 04:04 AM

Rockets fans beginning to see the truth about Dwightmare.

Don't worry, soon Dwight will start whining to the media asking for more touches and blaming his teammates for not being able to get him the ball.

I will pray for you Rockets fans.

Nick Young
11-13-2013, 04:09 AM

The stats say Dwight averages well below the league average in points per post up opportunites.

The stats show that Dwight has gotten progressively worse since 2009, which is exactly what i've been saying for years.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/019/544/ScreenShot2013-08-20at10.07.52AM_crop_exact.png?w=650&h=431&q=85

Micku
11-13-2013, 04:19 AM
The stats say Dwight averages well below the league average in points per post up opportunites.

The stats show that Dwight has gotten progressively worse since 2009, which is exactly what i've been saying for years.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/019/544/ScreenShot2013-08-20at10.07.52AM_crop_exact.png?w=650&h=431&q=85

That was last year when he was fighting through his injuries. This year he looks better, but still not the same he was in Orlando. I read that his post Up: 0.74 PPP 45.2%. He had the similar efficiency as JJ Hickson last year.

I don't know what is his PPP of post up this year is.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is the best post player in the game or anything. I just think he looks better this year than last year. And the Rockets could go to him a few times down there. Still early in the season tho.

niko
11-13-2013, 09:58 AM
If Dwight or Harden don't become the leader of the Rockets then that team is in a lot of trouble.

grantz
11-13-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't think harden should be leading any team honestly.

KevinNYC
11-13-2013, 08:27 PM

bagelred's best?

I laughed.

LakersDaBEst
11-13-2013, 10:02 PM
28 pts, 10 assists after 3 qters :bowdown:

noob cake
11-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Start Lin at 2 guard. Move Harden to 6th man.

Nuff Said
11-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Dust off the linsanity gifs!

ClutchOver9000
11-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Start Lin at 2 guard. Move Harden to 6th man.

:oldlol: I would laugh so hard if that ever happened...