PDA

View Full Version : Leonard/Drummond for Melo?

Amar'e_Juwanna
11-12-2013, 04:01 AM
10 cat 8cat

J Wall
M Conley
R Felton
A Bradley
OJ Mayo
K Martin
K Leonard (traded)
T Young
P Millsap
Markieff Morris
A Bargnani
A Drummond (traded)
M Gasol
S Hawes

Now I have Melo. He's been boarding well, and I think his numbers will improve.
Assists and Blocks are my weak point, boards I can get from the waiver wire. Marcus Morris or DeJuan Blair maybe.

Myth
11-12-2013, 04:10 AM
I have all 3 on my team :lol

The main things Melo does is score, rebound, and keeps your free throw % pretty high. But if you can get rebounds from waivers, that means it is mostly scoring and free throws that Melo is really helping with.

Drummond+Leonard keeps your blocks high (which is a weak point of yours), keeps steals high with Leonard, and rebounds high (Drummond is likely higher in rebounds than what you can get on waivers by a bit).

I'd say unless FT% and scoring would really help you, I wouldn't go for Melo, because the other categories are likely better under Drummond/Leonard. Although, it would be helpful knowing who is available on your waiver wire that can fill up blocks/steals/assists/rebounds next to Melo if you go that route.

Amar'e_Juwanna
11-13-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm weak in Blocks and Assists.

I have great STL, could afford to lose Kawhi.

longtime lurker
11-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Yes. blocks and assists can always be made up.

Amar'e_Juwanna
11-14-2013, 01:35 AM
Yes. blocks and assists can always be made up.

Is this sarcasm? I'm not awful in BLK btw.

longtime lurker
11-14-2013, 02:17 AM
Is this sarcasm? I'm not awful in BLK btw.

Take the deal for Melo. You're trading a 4th and 6th rounder for a first rounder. Pick up guys off the waiver wire. You're in a 10 team league there's lots of value there. sorry if my post wasn't all that clear.