PDA

View Full Version : Could Lakers fans be any more insecure? I am loving this.

Orlando Magic
11-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Dwight Howard is a clown and watching him run away from intentional fouls while laughing about it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The guy continues to prove himself to be one of the more mentally fragile players the league has ever seen.

Despite this, he is still the best big in the NBA today. That might not remain the case for much longer, but unfortunately he still is. To watch Lakers fans deny this and act like he's irrelevant and that they're happy he's gone is hilarious and sad at the same time.

If they were truly happy that he's gone they wouldn't follow every Rockets game closer than they're following the damn Lakers games, LOL.

You guys have no future to look forward to until the day Kobe retires. Enjoy mediocrity with no hope for a rebuild while Kobe's albatross ego and contract are still around. Guess that's why you cling to Dwight despite the fact that you claim how bad he is on a daily basis. Oh what could have been.

You guys only put up with his antics for 1 season and truthfully with the Lakers he was mostly behaved. As a Magic fan we put up with a hell of a lot more than that. Get over it. Move on with your lives. Or don't, and continue to provide me entertainment every time I come to this board. :)

TLDR; Dwight is mentally fragile and a clown, and so are Lakers fans. I love it. :)

elementally morale
11-12-2013, 11:06 AM
As a Magic fan we put up with a hell of a lot more than that.

Shogon... some people have decent long-term memory here.

Dwight Howard is a clown

Some people claimed otherwise for many many years, Mr. Ramel. Remember?

You guys have no future to look forward to until the day Kobe retires. Enjoy mediocrity with no hope for a rebuild while Kobe's albatross ego and contract are still around.

You guys remember having said Kobe will never ever win anything w/o Shaq? I do. You guys remember having said Dwight is almost as effective as Shaq was? I do. You guys remember........

Some people do, Shogon. Some people do.

SCdac
11-12-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't understand the point in picking on Lakers fans for pointing out the obvious... that Howard is a clown with flawed game.

I'm sure they realized, last season, that the "best big man in the NBA" doesn't really mean much nowadays.

"Best big man" is a career 18 ppg player and can't make a FT to save his life.

As a Magic fan, shouldn't you understand Laker's resentment a little? .... Howard was getting criticized well before his time with the Lakers was up.

http://bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/media/ap/f7b012b3b0264e2a804bae6d4673429f.jpg
(Orlando radio)

Orlando Magic
11-12-2013, 11:20 AM

You guys remember having said Kobe will never ever win anything w/o Shaq? I do. You guys remember having said Dwight is almost as effective as Shaq was? I do. You guys remember........

1) Kobe was gifted Pau which is why he won. I remember him missing the playoffs in his prime while he's supposed to be the "best player in the NBA". LOL. As I've always maintained with Kobe... he's an all time great and he's also the MOST overrated player EVER. Yes it's possible to be both.

2) Dwight is still the best big in the NBA by a considerable margin. That says more about the NBA than him but it's still true that he is. He is a great basketball player and with the right team and coach he could win a championship. That team is not Houston. Van Gundy was criminally underrated as a coach and I miss him dearly.

Dwight needs to see a hypnotist about his free throws otherwise they're never going to improve and it is the only aspect of his game(not that it's a small part because it's not) preventing him from winning an MVP award RIGHT NOW despite the fact that he played better in Orlando...

elementally morale
11-12-2013, 11:27 AM
As I've always maintained with Kobe... he's an all time great and he's also the MOST overrated player EVER. Yes it's possible to be both.

I have the same sentiments towards MJ. He is most likely the best player of all time and he still is the most overrated player ever. It is possible to be both. At any rate, there were many many people who thought Kobe would never win anything w/o Shaq and he did. Pau's playiff success before joining the Lakers was marginal, to be honest.

Eric Cartman
11-12-2013, 11:29 AM
lakers are just laughing at the class clown

class (NBA)
clown (dwight)

no different than other fans in this league

rezznor
11-12-2013, 11:35 AM

wait, OP is Shogon?

Doranku
11-12-2013, 11:40 AM
This dude has multiple accounts on a basketball forum to undertake multiple personas and preserve different reputations and he's talking about other people being fragile...

:roll:

elementally morale
11-12-2013, 11:55 AM
wait, OP is Shogon?

He sure is.

fpliii
11-12-2013, 11:59 AM
**** Dwight.

Mr Exlax
11-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Honestly, I think they have a right to laugh at Dwight's struggles so far this season. The crappy part is that they're nowhere in sight when he has a good game. At least they can be consistent if they're gonna make threads.

Nick Young
11-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Dawg we're the best team in NBA history, and the based lord Gawdbe is returning soon for a second coming.

There ain't no insecurity here. The clown Dwight Howard is out court jester.

Never seen a star player run away from clutch time freethrows as fast as Dwight did a week ago.

I don't think he's the best big in the NBA. I think Marc Gasol, Tim Duncan, Roy Hibbert, Anthony Davis, Zach Randolph and many others are better.

When Kobe leaves we got Westbrook, Kyrie and Kevin Love eager to come in and become our next superstar.

rezznor
11-12-2013, 12:06 PM
He sure is.
I thought he got killed while trying to loot new orleans. hadn't seen him in years

Yao Ming's Foot
11-12-2013, 12:07 PM
If Lakers fans are insecure for following Dwight Howard's comedic performances this season even though he has nothing to do with the team what does that say about Magic fans following Laker fans reactions even though they have nothing to do with each other.

Don't be so hard on yourself OP.

Nick Young
11-12-2013, 12:13 PM
1) Kobe was gifted Pau which is why he won. I remember him missing the playoffs in his prime while he's supposed to be the "best player in the NBA". LOL. As I've always maintained with Kobe... he's an all time great and he's also the MOST overrated player EVER. Yes it's possible to be both.

Stop this bullshit.

Before Pau got there, the Lakers were the #1 seed in the west that year.

The lakers weren't 'Gifted' Pau. Mitch Kupchak the GOAT GM traded for Pau. Memphis obviously got fair value in return in Marc Gasol and the capspace from Kwame's expiring contract to sign Zach Randolph who are currently the two best Grizzly players. They also recieved draft picks and Javaris Crittenton in the trade, who didnt pan out but at the time was considered a lottery level talent with huge upside.

Memphis wanted to rebuild, LAL wanted to win now. In return for Pau, Memphis got 2 allstar level front court players and went farther then they ever have in the playoffs. Lakers won two titles.

Both teams won the trade. It was one of the best two sided trades in recent memory.

I<3NBA
11-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Both teams won the trade. It was one of the best two sided trades in recent memory.
no. when one team wins 2 championships and the other still hasn't won one, it's clear who won that trade.

Nick Young
11-12-2013, 12:29 PM
no. when one team wins 2 championships and the other still hasn't won one, it's clear who won that trade.
With Pau, Memphis didn't even win a single playoff game.

After trading Pau, Memphis won a playoff game for the first time, and went to the second round for the first time. For a franchise like Memphis, that is a huge progression.

hawkfan
11-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Howard is not the best big in the game.
Lopez, Gasol are better.
Davis and Drummond will soon catch up to Howard.

scm5
11-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Dwight is not the best big in the game anymore.

Anthony Davis has been a beast this season and an absolute defensive monster. Davis has no glaring weaknesses in his game. He's got good hands, is a strong finisher, can handle the ball well enough.

You're looking at a 20 year old average 22/12/2/2/4 so far this season. He's a good FT shooter and barely ever turns the ball over.

Then you have Kevin Love putting up a ridiculous 26/15/5 on .594 TS% while only averaging 2.5 TO/gm.

Dwight has too many glaring weaknesses in his offensive game and he isn't the same defensive player he used to be. He turns the ball over at an alarming rate and can't shoot FT's.

Droid101
11-12-2013, 12:38 PM
1) Kobe was gifted Pau which is why he won. I remember him missing the playoffs in his prime while he's supposed to be the "best player in the NBA".
Ah, the biggest, lyingist lie gets trotted out again I see.

Kobe missed 25+ games the season they missed the playoffs. You know, the year they traded Shaq away for peanuts, traded GP away for garbage, and Karl Malone decided to retire? And they were still on track to make the post-season until Kobe went down? That season?

I'm going to neg you 1,000 times.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr94/whokabowie/negged_gif_52892521.gif

scm5
11-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Ah, the biggest, lyingist lie gets trotted out again I see.

Kobe missed 25+ games the season they missed the playoffs. You know, the year they traded Shaq away for peanuts, traded GP away for garbage, and Karl Malone decided to retire? And they were still on track to make the post-season until Kobe went down? That season?

I'm going to neg you 1,000 times.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr94/whokabowie/negged_gif_52892521.gif

This.

The Lakers were on pace to make the playoffs until Kobe went down. We also lost our head coach, Rudy Tomjanovich, halfway through the season.

You're definitely a hater if you think you can blame Kobe for not making the playoffs that season.

riseagainst
11-12-2013, 12:54 PM
goodness, OP getting destroyed in this thread.

Droid101
11-12-2013, 01:00 PM
goodness, OP getting destroyed in this thread.

http://richkidsbrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/coffin.gif

The Iron Fist
11-12-2013, 01:21 PM
With Pau, Memphis didn't even win a single playoff game.

After trading Pau, Memphis won a playoff game for the first time, and went to the second round for the first time. For a franchise like Memphis, that is a huge progression.
On the flipside, no team, with Pau at the helm, has ever won a playoff game. Lol @ dude saying "gifted Pau" as if he was some proven commodity. Pau can't even lead a team with a two time's mvp and three time dpoy to a single playoff win. But it was Pau who was the savior of the Lakers?:roll:

Brokenbeat
11-12-2013, 01:36 PM
This thread didn't go so well. :oldlol:

outbreak
11-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Some silly things being said to knock kobe here,
but back to the OP's topic it is pretty sad that some lakers fans are making threads every game about Dwight and ignoring what he actually does well in the game.

We have threads about how he played yet he managed to put up 18pts, 24rbs. 5 blocks and alter countless more. Do you guys even watch the games? he's never been a goto guy in the 4th but he alters the way opponents play on offence and on defence and that's his strength. He may drop off from the top centre in the game but you can hardly act like he is not a franchise player like a bunch of lakers posters are desperately trying to make out. I get maybe he isn't the guy who will win you a ring as your number one, but he is still an elite big man and on defence he is still the best option to build around in the league. If he defers more to an elite scorer he would be better.

I hate the guy more than most people and even found our system a little boring to watch when we had him but you can't just act like he isn't a top calibre player when he's putting up stats like that. If a lakers player put up 18pts, 24rbds, 5blks and altered the game like this we'd have 10 front page threads about how he's the next Wilt.

Also orlando fans aren't following lakers fans, it's just hard to miss when there's 4-5 threads knocking details of his game every day.
Also imagine I'll get plenty of negs just for voicing an opinion against the same lakers fans to which is pretty silly

poido123
11-12-2013, 09:36 PM
wait, OP is Shogon?

Pretty sure it's spelt 'Shogun'

Legends66NBA7
11-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Pretty sure it's spelt 'Shogun'

You're right, but apparently it seems that OP's old account had the name "Shogon", so spelling doesn't really matter here.

Jameerthefear
11-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Fvck off op. You're not a Magic fan. You even said so yourself that you were "done with this team".

Juges8932
11-12-2013, 11:14 PM

I think people say these kinds of dramatic statements without really giving it much thought. I also doubt that you have enough knowledge on the history of the game to accurately assess who is the most overrated. I can't recall the term, but it is just making a hyperbolic statement to cause a splash and generate some buzz (which I guess is working since I am responding). Not much thought went into the statement and there is absolutely nothing supporting your claim. It is quite literally an empty statement.

For the record, something like this could be argued as largely subjective (how do you quantify overratedness?), but they can be logically supported. State and defend your reasoning instead of making wild claims with no evidence. Unless your supporting evidence is missing the playoffs...once, lol.