PDA

View Full Version : Rocket fans....were Laker fans right about Dwight?

9erempiree
11-12-2013, 06:07 PM
We told you what to expect from Dwight this season because we saw what he was capable and incapable of.

Have we met your expectation with our analysis?

Nick Young
11-12-2013, 06:09 PM
The league knows. Dwight's exposure is complete. He keeps reaching new lows. Still can't believe he was running away from an intentional foul with a clownish smile on his face because hes afraid to shoot clutch freethrows. I can only hope for Houston fans they didn't lock this guy in long term. I can only imagine how shit he's going to be as a 30+ year old with less athleticism.

outbreak
11-12-2013, 06:12 PM
isn't he averaging like 18pts, 15rbds and a couple blocks or something?

9erempiree
11-12-2013, 06:14 PM
I see two things coming out of this....Rocket fans are going to have to

1. Admit that Laker fans are righ.

2. Admit denial.

I will accept any of those two.

Jameerthefear
11-12-2013, 06:15 PM
isn't he averaging like 18pts, 15rbds and a couple blocks or something?
he's had like on bad game lol. lakers fans are so butthurt it's ridiculous.

ispin69
11-12-2013, 06:16 PM
NickYoung, 9erempiree

All faker fans making Dwight hate threads. Get over it, he dumped you guys during free agency. Move on. Stop stalking his stats and games.

:roll: Dat dumped ex behavior.

9erempiree
11-12-2013, 06:19 PM
NickYoung, 9erempiree

All faker fans making Dwight hate threads. Get over it, he dumped you guys during free agency. Move on. Stop stalking his stats and games.

I disagree with your assessment. Real Laker fans never wanted Dwight on the team.

The bad part about all this is that he had to play for the Lakers and now we have to hear how he dumped us when in reality, nobody wanted him.

He didn't not deserve to be a Laker.

STATUTORY
11-12-2013, 06:21 PM
NickYoung, 9erempiree

:facepalm

real lakers fans were hating on dwight and his signing before dwightmare even began

oh the horror
11-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Their sample size isn't large enough to make any real statement on the matter.

PleezeBehave
11-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Lakers fans are acting like Dwights' flaws were discovered when he was a Laker by Lakers fans, but he was the OMFGJIZZ player of the year when he was traded TO the Lakers and a dynasty was born, LOL'd at Magic fans for gifting the All-World center to them for a broken Bynum... yet made fun of him during the 2009 Finals as a member of the Magic, for being limited and owned by Bynum and Gasol while being called the games' best center and Magic fans being excited for having him on the team.

His flaws, both mental and as a basketball player/human being, were known way back and but Lakers fans are sourgrapes at him for being Dwight Mini last season and ruining a Lakers season and eventually leaving the team in ruins, pouting like Dwight always is, and laughing at the Rockets for potentially heading straight towards a head-on crash a.k.a. "Dwightmare v3.0 featuring The Beard".

Kinda like us Magic fans last season, while watching and laughing the downward spiral called The Premature Lakers Championship Parade 2012-2013.

It goes round and round and round and round....

outbreak
Doesn't Gasol, Bosh and Okafor make nearly the same amount as Dwight? Not up to date on all their contracts but I think their all close. Isn't Tiago and Javale getting paid a fair bit too? Out of all those big men do any of them impact a game these days like Dwight can? How have the rockets made a bad move picking up Dwight?

9erempiree

real lakers fans were hating on dwight and his signing before dwightmare even began

This.

If Dwight stayed and Kobe eventually retires, the Lakers would be the west coast version of the Orlando Magic.

I was glad he left because we can go a different route.

outbreak
11-12-2013, 06:25 PM
This.

If Dwight stayed and Kobe eventually retires, the Lakers would be the west coast version of the Orlando Magic.

I was glad he left because we can go a different route.

The difference would have been that L.A could have signed an elite scorer to pair with him, no one wanted to come to Orlando.

9erempiree
11-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Lakers fans are acting like Dwights' flaws were discovered when he was a Laker by Lakers fans, but he was the OMFGJIZZ player of the year when he was traded TO the Lakers and a dynasty was born, LOL'd at Magic fans for gifting the All-World center to them for a broken Bynum... yet made fun of him during the 2009 Finals as a member of the Magic, for being limited and owned by Bynum and Gasol while being called the games' best center and Magic fans being excited for having him on the team.

His flaws, both mental and as a basketball player/human being, were known way back and but Lakers fans are sourgrapes at him for being Dwight Mini last season and ruining a Lakers season and eventually leaving the team in ruins, pouting like Dwight always is, and laughing at the Rockets for potentially heading straight towards a head-on crash a.k.a. "Dwightmare v3.0 featuring The Beard".

Kinda like us Magic fans last season, while watching and laughing the downward spiral called The Premature Lakers Championship Parade 2012-2013.

Dwight was the Lakers weakest link. He is not a first option and he wanted to be first option. Limited post game will not cut out as a go-to guy when you need a basket.

Laker fans did not want Dwight for these very reasons. It was an automatic championship playing against Orlando. We knew Dwight wasn't capable.

It just sucks that he had to play for the Lakers. Playing for the Lakers prevented us to speak our true feelings.

Now that he's gone we can speak up.

Nick Young
11-12-2013, 06:32 PM

Nope I was calling him out for being shit since 2009 when people started calling him a top 5 player in the league. It is all on record on ISH. Real lakers fans know what a quality big man looks like. Real Lakers fans could tell Dwight was a pretender a mile away, especially after injured Bynum and bitchmade Pau destroyed him in the finals on both ends of the court.

riseagainst
11-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Nope I was calling him out for being shit since 2009 when people started calling him a top 5 player in the league. It is all on record on ISH. Real lakers fans know what a quality big man looks like. Real Lakers fans could tell Dwight was a pretender a mile away, especially after injured Bynum and bitchmade Pau destroyed him in the finals on both ends of the court.

:coleman:

PleezeBehave
11-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Why don't Lakers fans just move on and be glad he's off the team then :lol:

Nick Young
11-12-2013, 06:35 PM

:coleman:
I used to have loads of other accounts doe, that got permabanned.

9erempiree
11-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Why don't Lakers fans just move on and be glad he's off the team then :lol:

How are we suppose to talk about him without someone saying we are butt hurt?

The fact of the matter is we are happy he's gone.

My motivation for talking about Dwight is for Rocket fans to admit that I am right and they are wrong. You should have seen all the threads made by Rocket fans when they got Dwight.

Dwight was lucky to play for the Lakers because that prevented one of the biggest fan base to protect him. Now he's no longer a Laker we are free to speak candidly and honestly.

Mr. Jabbar
11-12-2013, 06:43 PM
How are we suppose to talk about him without someone saying we are butt hurt?

The fact of the matter is we are happy he's gone.

My motivation for talking about Dwight is for Rocket fans to admit that I am right and they are wrong. You should have seen all the threads made by Rocket fans when they got Dwight.

Dwight was lucky to play for the Lakers because that prevented one of the biggest fan base to protect him. Now he's no longer a Laker we are free to speak candidly and honestly.

yeah, i dont know where they get the idea we wanted him here, theres a reason no d12 jersey was burned (perhaps none was sold in 1st place?), i dont know what front office was up to when hanging those "stay d12" jokes, la fanbase had zero allegiance with a guy who pretty much, was the reason of our problems

ChrisKreager
11-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Dwight can't win for losing.

Houston could win the title, Dwight could win Finals MVP, and we'd have threads saying HE'S NOT HOLDING THE TROPHY CORRECTLY

Seriously, 24 rebounds and no comical FT misses tonight. I am utterly convinced ISH hates everybody.

STATUTORY
11-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Dwight can't win for losing.

Houston could win the title, Dwight could win Finals MVP, and we'd have threads saying HE'S NOT HOLDING THE TROPHY CORRECTLY

Seriously, 24 rebounds and no comical FT misses tonight. I am utterly convinced ISH hates everybody.
sometimes fans get bogged down in the boxscores and they can't see the forrest for the trees. You can't win with someone like Dwight and taht's all you need to know about that smiling, corny clown

Nick Young
11-12-2013, 07:31 PM
sometimes fans get bogged down in the boxscores and they can't see the forrest for the trees. You can't win with someone like Dwight and taht's all you need to know about that smiling, corny clown
A team could win with him if he accepts the fact he is a defensive roleplayer who is useless on offense and doesnt demand touches except for alley oops or when he's wide open under the basket.

Think Ben Wallace, only of course D12 is nowhere near as good as Wallace was on D or on the boards.

D12 could win a title as that type of player. As a first, second or third option, no , he will never be able to win a title like that.

Stuckey
11-12-2013, 07:46 PM
9empire and Nick Young should start their own kobetard forum

rezznor
11-13-2013, 10:31 AM
A team could win with him if he accepts the fact he is a defensive roleplayer who is useless on offense and doesnt demand touches except for alley oops or when he's wide open under the basket.

Think Ben Wallace, only of course D12 is nowhere near as good as Wallace was on D or on the boards.

come on son...

kurple
11-13-2013, 11:49 AM

no they werent

KungFuJoe
11-13-2013, 11:52 AM
He's a game changer on interior D, but I don't like Dwight and I just don't see ANY team winning a ring with him, unless they have VERY specific pieces around him...and Houston doesn't have it.

Perhaps if DH played with someone like Lebron or Kobe in his prime...a true alpha to his own beta mentality...he could have won.

But I just don't like his body language out there. The Laker game was a microcosm of Howard's attitude. One second he's laughing and running trying to avoid getting fouled in the 4th (that clip of him running from Kaman is hiLARious). Then the next second, he's bricking free throws, losing them the game, acting all somber and sad talking about "OUR free throws sucked" and "THEY just screwed up on the play" (referring to the last play of the game).

KungFuJoe
11-13-2013, 11:55 AM

THIS.

Watch the games. DH tries to block every freakin shot that is taken...so much so that the other team ends up getting a lot of offensive boards because he's taken himself out of the play.

I can understand blocking someone going to the rim, but he seriously will leave his cover to go block someone (who is already being covered well) who is attempting a turn around jumper 5 feet from the opposite block.

When Asik is out, the Rockets have NO reliable rebounder other than DH himself...so when he's flying all over the place trying to swat everything out into the stands, the other team is getting easy put backs.

Mr Exlax
11-13-2013, 01:32 PM
I don't know exactly what the Laker fans were right about. Everybody already knew he sucked at freethrows. I can say he looks better than he did while he was in LA. He's more explosive and he's actually putting forth some effort. The only thing that I'm disappointed in from him is his post play. I expected him to regain some of the moves he had prior to his back surgery. I know it will come in time. The following season he worked with Hakeem the first time, he looked really good. This time though it's just blah. All in all, I'm glad we got him. Once our perimeter players start playing some kind of defense I think we'll be ok. Our offense will get better as the players get used to playing with each other pause.

OmniStrife
11-13-2013, 01:59 PM
There's so much salt in LA right now...

HurricaneKid
11-13-2013, 02:12 PM
THIS.

Watch the games. DH tries to block every freakin shot that is taken...so much so that the other team ends up getting a lot of offensive boards because he's taken himself out of the play.

I can understand blocking someone going to the rim, but he seriously will leave his cover to go block someone (who is already being covered well) who is attempting a turn around jumper 5 feet from the opposite block.

When Asik is out, the Rockets have NO reliable rebounder other than DH himself...so when he's flying all over the place trying to swat everything out into the stands, the other team is getting easy put backs.

This must be why Houston is the #1 rebounding team in the league.

OhNoTimNoSho
11-13-2013, 02:12 PM
While he hasn't been that bad, he hasn't been that good either. He puts big stats but they are mostly empty. Hes not the defensive presence he used to be and he provides almost no leadership. He'd be a great addition to a solid team to put them over the top, but hes smoking crack thinking he can be a 1st option. A team led by a player like Dwight is guaranteed to fall apart in the playoffs.

Bodhi
11-13-2013, 03:39 PM
This must be why Houston is the #1 rebounding team in the league.
By what measure? Because their defensive rebounding rate is actually below average and they're giving up the most offensive rebounds in the league
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014.html

Mr. Jabbar
11-13-2013, 04:26 PM
While he hasn't been that bad, he hasn't been that good either. He puts big stats but they are mostly empty. Hes not the defensive presence he used to be and he provides almost no leadership. He'd be a great addition to a solid team to put them over the top, but hes smoking crack thinking he can be a 1st option. A team led by a player like Dwight is guaranteed to fall apart in the playoffs.

:applause: :applause:

hawkfan
11-13-2013, 04:28 PM
If the Lakers had signed Jeremy Lin last year, with Kobe Bryant-Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard, that team might have won 55 games and Kobe might not have gotten hurt.

Nick Young
11-13-2013, 04:34 PM

come on son...
You think D12 is better then Big Ben Wallets?:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nick Young
11-13-2013, 04:37 PM
I don't know exactly what the Laker fans were right about. Everybody already knew he sucked at freethrows. I can say he looks better than he did while he was in LA. He's more explosive and he's actually putting forth some effort. The only thing that I'm disappointed in from him is his post play. I expected him to regain some of the moves he had prior to his back surgery. I know it will come in time. The following season he worked with Hakeem the first time, he looked really good. This time though it's just blah. All in all, I'm glad we got him. Once our perimeter players start playing some kind of defense I think we'll be ok. Our offense will get better as the players get used to playing with each other pause.
Are you not upset by his loser attitude, running away from clutch freethrows with a smile on his face, and throwing his teammates under the bus to the media?:confusedshrug:

Nick Young
11-13-2013, 04:38 PM
By what measure? Because their defensive rebounding rate is actually below average and they're giving up the most offensive rebounds in the league
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014.html
Despite having Asik and Dwightmare starting? WTF! How does that happen!

Eric Cartman
11-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Are you not upset by his loser attitude, running away from clutch freethrows with a smile on his face, and throwing his teammates under the bus to the media?:confusedshrug:

if he was a laker i'd be upset, but now find it just hilarious :lol bad or good dwight is entertaining

Mr Exlax
11-13-2013, 04:41 PM

I don't really understand what you mean about the loser attitude. He doesn't look like he's too happy when we lose, but then again, these regular season games. They mean more to fans than they do for players. The running from the freethrows thing was funny to me. It also burned a few seconds from off the clock. Throwing the guys under the bus to the media? About the bad rotation? I mean, that's speaking on only one particular play out of the entire game. Even then, it wasn't just terrible to me. He's not the biggest flaw on our team if that's what your trying to say.

9erempiree
11-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Can people finally admit that Laker fans were correct.

I told Rocket fans about those turnovers in the post and he did just that. He turned the ball over on the last possession.

Mr Exlax
11-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Would we have been in that position in the game without him?

SCdac
11-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Feel like the Rockets roster is decent for Howard, young and they can grow together, but their style of play is so not the kind of team he should be on. Not a defensive team and not a team that's going to win on low post basketball. All summer I was wondering if they were going to adapt to him (not the other way around) and from what I can tell they haven't... but I haven't watched every Rockets game, so idk?

Mr. Jabbar
11-13-2013, 11:15 PM
ill try to summarize it so ppl dont get confused by stats boxscores and such: dwight howard doesnt make teams better, in fact, worse.

as per the urban dictionary

1 - Dwight Howard
The act of adding something to the mix that ends in a worse result.

Dude 1: Ill add some salt to this icecream

Dude 2: Yuck

Dude 1: Damn, I dwight Howarded it..

Replay32
11-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Is dwight still missing clutch freethrows, getting stripped in the post, committing dumb fouls, and always smiling/laughing on the court?

KungFuJoe
11-13-2013, 11:30 PM
You can't blame DH for tonight's game. I thought he played a good game. He hit a clutch free throw off an and1 and hit a clutch baby hook in the lane. Had nice blocks and played D like he always did.

But, there is one thing he needs to stop doing...and that's trying to block every shot that goes up within 15 feet of the basket. The reason why they give up so many offensive rebounds is because when he goes to block a shot, his man ends up with the ball. Happened tonight with the Hawes put back dunk.

Mr. Jabbar
11-13-2013, 11:34 PM
You can't blame DH for tonight's game. I thought he played a good game. He hit a clutch free throw off an and1 and hit a clutch baby hook in the lane. Had nice blocks and played D like he always did.

But, there is one thing he needs to stop doing...and that's trying to block every shot that goes up within 15 feet of the basket. The reason why they give up so many offensive rebounds is because when he goes to block a shot, his man ends up with the ball. Happened tonight with the Hawes put back dunk.

I find his defense extremely overrated because of this. He will get those 4 blocks per game and they would be complete non factors cause they always end up on the stands or rivals, for a new possession. not to mention the times he will goaltend cause as you see, this is a guy that jumps for the block before thinking

plowking
11-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Did I miss something?

When did 23/15/6/6 become a bad game?

KungFuJoe
11-13-2013, 11:56 PM
I find his defense extremely overrated because of this. He will get those 4 blocks per game and they would be complete non factors cause they always end up on the stands or rivals, for a new possession. not to mention the times he will goaltend cause as you see, this is a guy that jumps for the block before thinking

Yeah...they look impressive, but don't mean THAT much because the opposing team just gets the ball back and they get to run a set play from out of bounds.

And he needs to know when to go for the block and when not to. There's been plenty of times where a guy goes up for a jumper just outside the block AND is being covered well by his man and yet Dwight STILL tries to jump OVER the defender and block the shot, leaving his man wide open underneath for the offensive rebound/tip in.

PickernRoller
11-14-2013, 12:25 AM
Were we right about his offensive woes? Yeah obviously. He's still arguably the best defensive big in the NBA. Dwight can not be trusted to be an offensive go to guy in the 4th. Not only that, his free throw woes can lose you games - guaranteed - specially Hack-a-Dwight in the 4th.

LakersForlife
11-14-2013, 12:29 AM
howard is a proven cancer. SVG made him look like a super star. now he is exposed with a bunch of L. not a good teamate and leader

9erempiree
11-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Let's not forget Laker fans told Rocket fans that they will win games even when Dwight was a no-show too.

coin24
11-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Did I miss something?

When did 23/15/6/6 become a bad game?

You probably missed watching the actual game..
Always impressed by dwights statlines, try actually watching him play.

Mr Exlax
11-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Man he really really stunk it up last night. Still contributed on defense and rebounds. That's pretty much all we need from him. I imagine that the limited post moves he had prior to surgery will come back. I expected them hoes to be back by now though.

Nick Young
11-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Were we right about his offensive woes? Yeah obviously. He's still arguably the best defensive big in the NBA. Dwight can not be trusted to be an offensive go to guy in the 4th. Not only that, his free throw woes can lose you games - guaranteed - specially Hack-a-Dwight in the 4th.
:lol
Tyson Chandler
Marc Gasol
Andrew Bogut
Roy Hibbert
Anthony Davis
Asik
Vucevic
Petkovic
+many other centers.

Are better then this undersized 6'9 guy with low IQ who the refs allow to goaltend

9erempiree
12-05-2013, 05:41 PM
That Houston lack of an effort.

I hope you guys realize we were right.

Da Kobester
12-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Dwight Choward's a clown he will never win a championship guaranteed coz this dude is NOT :no: a go to guy when game's on the line. He doesn't utilize his foot works properly nor does he react quick enough when posting up his opponents allowing defenders time to square up on him. Plus the fact he will get 2 or more offensive fouls per game coz he uses his upper body to post rather then his legs and of course opponents will always use the hack a howard against him Brrrick :lol this dude is cancer on the team as well as a clown!:roll:

Mr Exlax
12-09-2013, 02:42 PM
I realized that this thread goes silent EVERY SINGLE TIME he has a good game. Give credit where credit's due. If you're gonna talk after a bad game, be a man and talk after a good one.