PDA

View Full Version : Lebron at the post

Nash
11-13-2013, 01:21 PM
I feel like he's down there all the time at the start of this season. I haven't watched all the games but from the ones I've seen and the highlights I've checked on nba.com it looks like he's down there a whole lot.

Next step in order to get that high FG% even higher?

OldSkoolball#52
11-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Probably working on adapting his game as his athleticism starts to decline. Nobody stays young forever.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2013, 01:40 PM
He's at 1.29 ppp in the post so far according to synergy. #1 in the league.

scm5
11-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Or personnel issues. Lebron's been playing a lot of 4.

Haymaker
11-13-2013, 01:44 PM
He's at 1.29 ppp in the post so far according to synergy. #1 in the league.

He's good at scoring on mismatches.

coin24
11-13-2013, 01:57 PM
It's about time, heat don't need him dribbling the ball at the 3 point line they have plenty of guards and 3 point shooters..
He's built to beast in the post, take advantage like everyone has been suggesting for years now.. If so he will have a long career, if not watch the rapid decline, he already struggles to get past defenders now..

Dust off that post game:oldlol:

Indian guy
11-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Probably working on adapting his game as his athleticism starts to decline. Nobody stays young forever.

Funny thing is, this season is the most athletic he has been since 2010, but it's also the first season where he's shown a genuine willingness to play down low. It's the first time in 10 years someone can actually say LeBron posts up quite a bit and not be an ignorant fool. He's also VERY good at it. Far better than before.

coin24
11-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Funny thing is, this season is the most athletic he has been since 2010, but it's also the first season where he's shown a genuine willingness to play down low. It's the first time in 10 years someone can actually say LeBron posts up quite a bit and not be an ignorant fool. He's also VERY good at it. Far better than before.

How is he looking more athletic this season? Please explain..

Indian guy
11-13-2013, 02:09 PM
How is he looking more athletic this season? Please explain..

Well, he's notably more explosive off the dribble this season than the last 3. He is making drives in the half-court that he just wasn't making before.

magic chiongson
11-13-2013, 02:12 PM
:applause:

i used to criticize him for not posting up on smaller defenders in his younger days

inclinerator
11-13-2013, 02:14 PM
i dont get why sometimes the first half he's down there and the 2nd half he goes back to the perimeter

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2013, 02:14 PM
He's good at scoring on mismatches.
Thing is everybody in the league is a mismatch for him. Too fast for bigger guys. Too big for smaller guys. If he can keep up the post play he will be truly unstoppable.

Leftimage
11-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Lebron has reached Shaq levels of unstoppability in the post. It's pretty insane. He's one of the strongest PF's in the league... and he's not really a PF.

He was backing down Griffin without a sweat the other day. Seriously, how many PF's out there are stronger than Lebron? Maybe West, Boozer, Nene, Randolph...

It's unfair really.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Lebron has reached Shaq levels of unstoppability in the post. It's pretty insane. He's one of the strongest PF's in the league... and he's not really a PF.

He was backing down Griffin without a sweat the other day. Seriously, how many PF's out there are stronger than Lebron? Maybe West, Boozer, Nene, Randolph...

It's unfair really.
:biggums:

ispin69
11-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Gotta let Wade and Beasley be wing men.
So he gonna dominate the post nao.

Leftimage
11-13-2013, 02:41 PM

Care to add something? When he gets the ball where Shaq got the ball, he's automatic.

61% on 2-pointers this season (=Shaq career high). How many jumpshots did Shaq used to shoot?

asdf1990
11-13-2013, 02:43 PM
he should focus just on scoring like yesterday instead of scoring 20 and then looking for the 10 assists, he can drop 30 without breaking a sweat on 90% of the teams in the NBA.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Care to add something? When he gets the ball where Shaq got the ball, he's automatic.

61% on 2-pointers this season (=Shaq career high). How many jumpshots did Shaq used to shoot?
Shaq is the most unstoppable low post player of all time. LeBron is good but not that good.

Leftimage
11-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Shaq is the most unstoppable low post player of all time. LeBron is good but not that good.

Teams would send more resources at Shaq, because he wasn't as capable of finding the open man (mind you he was quite capable) and he was also the biggest player on the floor - always. So Shaq was more dominant in that sense, but the end product is quite similar.

Sure if Lebron was being double-teamed by PF'S and centers in the low block, his output would be different. But doing that would also be a disaster for the other team for obvious reasons.

imo they are the two most problematic post players I've seen play.

DuMa
11-13-2013, 02:53 PM
i dont get why sometimes the first half he's down there and the 2nd half he goes back to the perimeter

if in the 2nd half the team has a big lead, he sees no reason to potentially injure himself in the post.

jlip
11-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Any video?

che guevara
11-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Any video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbP83ustMnA

First half of this game he was dominating in the post.

All Net
11-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Lebron is very smart he knows as he gets older becoming a quailty post player will make him elite for a very long time.

Mass Debator
11-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Thing is everybody in the league is a mismatch for him. Too fast for bigger guys. Too big for smaller guys. If he can keep up the post play he will be truly unstoppable.
Everybody CAN be a mismatch. Guards in the post and big men on the perimeter are mismatches to him. To be honest, he's more of a mismatch to players at his own position than with others. He will never try to post a Marc Gasol or out-quick a Mike Conley.

Mass Debator
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbP83ustMnA

First half of this game he was dominating in the post.
He took OJ Mayo and Gary Neal to the post. Both 6'4" players who aren't built to bang at all. He was looking to pass out of the post when he was on the bigger dudes. Not very impressive to me but I can see how it looked impressive.

NumberSix
11-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Not to be too nitpicky, but...... "At the post"?

Greg Oden 50
11-13-2013, 08:27 PM
I feel like he's down there all the time at the start of this season. I haven't watched all the games but from the ones I've seen and the highlights I've checked on nba.com it looks like he's down there a whole lot.

Next step in order to get that high FG% even higher?

his post game is ugly,lacks fundamental,disgraceful :oldlol:

Greg Oden 50
11-13-2013, 08:30 PM

It's unfair really.

MAILMAN will destroyed him in the post and much stronger than Leflop :oldlol:

livinglegend
11-13-2013, 08:31 PM
MAILMAN will destroyed him in the post and much stronger than Leflop :oldlol:
:coleman: ......

Greg Oden 50
11-13-2013, 08:39 PM
:coleman: ......

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vbowV5xeDEY/UIGkh2_DVZI/AAAAAAAAMr8/dTIfqXUOInI/s1600/Karl-Malone.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1008/karl.malone.rare.photos/images/malone-bicep.jpg

http://www.top100lists.ca/images/lebron_james_muscles.jpg

http://www.ckwik.com/Lebron-James-Pictures/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lebron-James-Flexing-Muscle-Picture-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

compare to Mailman,LeBron James's muscles is nothing :oldlol:

ispin69
11-13-2013, 09:18 PM
He took OJ Mayo and Gary Neal to the post. Both 6'4" players who aren't built to bang at all. He was looking to pass out of the post when he was on the bigger dudes. Not very impressive to me but I can see how it looked impressive.

You can't have it both ways. Trying to discredit him because he's playing against shorter players? Then put a large PF or center on him. Then Lebron will run circles around them and get an easy dunk. You don't think coaches have thought of that? Of course players will exploit that, you don't think MJ or Pippen backed down smaller wing men? That's how the game is played.

russwest0
11-13-2013, 09:23 PM
You can't have it both ways. Trying to discredit him because he's playing against shorter players? Then put a large PF or center on him. Then Lebron will run circles around them and get an easy dunk. You don't think coaches have thought of that? Of course players will exploit that, you don't think MJ or Pippen backed down smaller wing men? That's how the game is played.

Sorry, you're retarded if you think any smart coach is gonna put Gary Neal on LeBron. They are the Milwaukee Bucks, that game proved nothing. Games that WILL prove something will be like what he does when they play the Pacers this year

Greg Oden 50
11-13-2013, 09:29 PM

DUN COMPARED TO PIPPEN & PIPPEN,LEBRON IS SO UGLY

Lebron23
11-13-2013, 09:45 PM
GREG_ODEN52 IS TRYING HARD TO BE A GOOD TROLL. YOU SUCK AT TROLLING BROTHA.

Lebron has been a dominant post player this season.

TheMilkyBarKid
11-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Sorry, you're retarded if you think any smart coach is gonna put Gary Neal on LeBron. They are the Milwaukee Bucks, that game proved nothing. Games that WILL prove something will be like what he does when they play the Pacers this year
I think it was game 3 or 5 of the ecf, he did pretty well against the pacers in the post.

AintNoSunshine
11-13-2013, 10:38 PM

It's unfair really.

Come again?

Greg Oden 50
11-13-2013, 10:58 PM
GREG_ODEN52 IS TRYING HARD TO BE A GOOD TROLL. YOU SUCK AT TROLLING BROTHA.

Lebron has been a dominant post player this season.

but still ugly and disgrace :oldlol:
heis ugly at everything

Odinn
11-13-2013, 11:18 PM

It's unfair really.
And these kinda idiots make you hate LeBron.