PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Discuss Shump for Faried (with Nuggets)

niko
11-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 3m

J.R. Smith is starting & Iman Shumpert could be departing. I'm hearing Knicks-Nuggets continue to discuss an Iman for Kenneth Faried trade.

I love my Knicks and would never rep another team, but for my sanity I may take a break on rooting if that occurs. It makes no sense and banging my head against the floor is not a sport I enjoy.

2LeTTeRS
11-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 3m

J.R. Smith is starting & Iman Shumpert could be departing. I'm hearing Knicks-Nuggets continue to discuss an Iman for Kenneth Faried trade.

I love my Knicks and would never rep another team, but for my sanity I may take a break on rooting if that occurs. It makes no sense and banging my head against the floor is not a sport I enjoy.

You'd rather have Shump than Faried? That deal looks like a steal to me from the Knicks perspective.

RoundMoundOfReb
Would be great for the Knicks. Shumpert is probably the most overrated player in the league.

Haymaker
This makes no sense. What kind of need the Knicks have for Faried??? I want to punch Dolan in the neck :banghead:

Haymaker
11-13-2013, 02:33 PM
As far as I know, Felton is not starter material. They should get a solid PG before anything else. Faried is an undersized PF. This is how the Knicks **** up their rosters. It's like playing Tetris, putting one block over another until you have no room to play and you lose.

EveryManALion
11-13-2013, 02:34 PM
**** I was just about to post this ha Bleacher Report alert app ha

Levity
11-13-2013, 02:38 PM
I havent watched many knicks games this season. find them painfully boring for one reason or another. but does that team even run? and if not, then no need for faried.

i feel faried would look good with the wizards and gortat.

scm5
This makes no sense. What kind of need the Knicks have for Faried??? I want to punch Dolan in the neck :banghead:

Well, the Knicks are one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA and Faried is one of the best rebounders in the league.

Real Men Wear Green
Bargnani is starting at center right now and you ask this? If this is true NY needs to complete the swap right now and get Faried out of Colorado before the Denver PD is contacted because this is highway robbery.

IGotACoolStory
Bleacher Report...
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/41750194

I cannot believe how popular that awful site has become. Whoever was responsible for the rise of that site is a marketing genius.

imdaman99
11-13-2013, 02:39 PM
So why has Faried been a bust? Wasn't everyone on his balls after his rookie year? MANIMAL?

I guess his defense is really that bad. Shump is my favorite KNICK, but word is that he is being a problem within the Knicks. I'm sure Francesa is just trying to throw shit out there, I sure hope so.

MP.Trey
11-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Well, the Knicks are one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA and Faried is one of the best rebounders in the league.
Really though lol. It may not be the highest value you can get for Shump, but it's getting rid of a player who has a log jam at his position and filling a glaring hole/need for the Knicks. If you think this can't bring positives, you haven't watched Knicks basketball this year.

ProfessorMurder
11-13-2013, 02:42 PM
So why has Faried been a bust? Wasn't everyone on his balls after his rookie year? MANIMAL?

I guess his defense is really that bad. Shump is my favorite KNICK, but word is that he is being a problem within the Knicks. I'm sure Francesa is just trying to throw shit out there, I sure hope so.

There's been a couple rumors of Faried having 'attitude problems' whatever that means.

Dumb trade for Denver, Faried is like the most popular guy on the team and they already have like 8 SGs

DuMa
11-13-2013, 02:42 PM
knicks and nuggets sure love trading with each other.

el gringos
11-13-2013, 02:44 PM
It makes alot of sense, but only if they've done everything possible to get a pg out of shumpert first. I was thinking shumpert, Felton, and hardaway jr for dragic but if they can't pull that off and there isn't another gaurd out there the fit of faried (until chandler comes back is perfect)

Real Men Wear Green
11-13-2013, 02:44 PM
So why has Faried been a bust?
He isn't a bust.

Real Men Wear Green
11-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Really though lol. It may not be the highest value you can get for Shump, but it's getting rid of a player who has a log jam at his position and filling a glaring hole/need for the Knicks. If you think this can't bring positives, you haven't watched Knicks basketball this year.
People really think Shumpert has more value than Faried?

niko
11-13-2013, 02:49 PM
knicks and nuggets sure love trading with each other.
This was my first though.

Note: I don't think Shump is this future HOF we cannot move but I think if we move him it has to be for a better fitting piece than Faried.

alenleomessi
11-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Bargnani/Faried/Melo

now thats career game for whoever the bigman is on the opposite team..

niko
11-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Bargnani/Faried/Melo

now thats career game for whoever the bigman is on the opposite team..
Faried is a good defender, probably better than whoever we could put out on the four.

bagelred
11-13-2013, 03:00 PM
I hate commenting on these rumors, but....if it's just Shump for Faried I'd be on board, but..

WE KNOW KNICKS GIVE AWAY DRAFT PICKS LIKE CANDY!!!!

Knicks would probably throw in a first rounder and I'd be pissed......

el gringos
11-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Nugs- shumpert

Suns- chandler, hardaway jr, Felton, ny picks

Knicks- faried, dragic, frye, green

Dragic
Jr smith
Carmelo
Faried
Bargnani

Championship

niko
11-13-2013, 03:08 PM
I hate commenting on these rumors, but....if it's just Shump for Faried I'd be on board, but..

WE KNOW KNICKS GIVE AWAY DRAFT PICKS LIKE CANDY!!!!

Knicks would probably throw in a first rounder and I'd be pissed......
We can't (luckily?)

bagelred
11-13-2013, 03:10 PM
We can't (luckily?)

The Knicks will just go deeper into future. Whatever is available. (2018?)

DStebb716
11-13-2013, 03:10 PM
If this happens then I'll run around the streets naked. I LOVE Shumpert, but Faried would be a coup.

DStebb716
11-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Nugs- shumpert

Dragic
Jr smith
Carmelo
Faried
Bargnani

Championship

No team is winning a championship with Bargnani at center. Please die.

bdreason
11-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Nuggets going tank mode or what? :oldlol:

NugzFan
11-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Nuggets going tank mode or what? :oldlol:

Already are. Smart move

NugzFan
11-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Nugs- shumpert

Dragic
Jr smith
Carmelo
Faried
Bargnani

Championship

Which chandler is that?

MP.Trey
11-13-2013, 03:22 PM
People really think Shumpert has more value than Faried?
Yeah. Not saying he is more valuable but people see a 23 year old perimeter player with above average defense and an alright jumpshot and they jump all over it. Faried is an offensively challenged big man with a large motor, potential double/double guy. Good for the Knicks, would fit right in imo but Shump's an attractive prospect. Shop him around and I'm sure more talented/better players than Faried become available.

bagelred
11-13-2013, 03:32 PM
2013 ESPN PLAYER RANKING:

Kenneth Faried - 47
Iman Shumpert - 119

Wow, that's a much bigger difference than I thought. That doesn't feel right. Too high for Faried.

senelcoolidge
11-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Faried is worth Shumpert...I guess Faried has little value. Other teams should be jumping on this.

bdreason
11-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Pelicans gonna trade Gordon and Anderson for McGee and Bargbusti?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

kurple
11-13-2013, 04:01 PM
faried has to be worth more than shumpert

i'll believe it when it happens

but i kinda like shump and we really need a SG

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Pelicans get raped in that trade.

kurple
11-13-2013, 04:03 PM
faried would be great on the right team. could be denver if we find a way to dump mcgee

he was more vital to last years team than iggy

kNicKz
11-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Dolan doesn't like Shumpert

ballup
11-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Denver should probably give up a perimeter player while they are at it. They have a logjam in the backcourt too. Knicks need to give up draft considerations.

LoneyROY7
11-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Pelicans get raped in that trade.

Meh, they deal two positions of surplus for one severely of need.

ProfessorMurder
11-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Denver should probably give up a perimeter player while they are at it. They have a logjam in the backcourt too. Knicks need to give up draft considerations.

Give up Fournier, let that dude bust out.

ProfessorMurder
11-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Meh, they deal two positions of surplus for one severely of need.

+ Bargs is a shooter like Anderson
+ Back to the basket C to play with Davis

I like that trade.

Eric Cartman
11-13-2013, 04:14 PM
why does denver want to trade faried doe?

give hickson more minutes? :lol

Teanett
11-13-2013, 04:16 PM
shumpert is too valuable.
how bout melo for faried?

:D

ballup
11-13-2013, 04:17 PM
why does denver want to trade faried doe?

give hickson more minutes? :lol
Probably something along the lines of that. The Nuggets have too many front court players that need significant minutes.

imdaman99
11-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Next dwyane wade :bowdown:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1151751
What a surprise. Some guy on ISH who obsesses over the Knicks follows their team forum on another site :bowdown:

hawkfan
11-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Another Nuggets-Knicks trade.
Can't these two trade with other teams.

Clutch
11-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Shumpert for Farried looks good but as usual the Nuggets will probably find a way to screw us and completely rape us if the deal happens :lol

francesco totti
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Faried is worth more then shumpert, not to forget pf/c rate higher then sg.

what will the rotations of knicks be in guard role? felton, prigioni and smith?

this trade would also make the bargnani trade more useless. with all healthy chandler - faried are starters, amare off the bench..bargs 4th guy.

outbreak
11-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I'd imagine the Nuggets will be getting back more than just Shump. Faried is a far more useful player in general I think. For the knicks though I would have thought shump more useful going ahead unless they know Melo is leaving already.

hangintheair
11-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Maybe they should get McGee instead to add an additional laughter to this team..:lol

Clutch
11-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Maybe they should get McGee instead to add an additional laughter to this team..:lol
That would actually be pretty hilarious :roll: :roll: :roll:
Also a very Knicks move to make :lol

outbreak
11-13-2013, 05:39 PM
I'd love to see a line up of

felton
smith
melo
bargnani
mcgee

haha, would that be one of the lowest IQ teams ever?

longtime lurker
11-13-2013, 05:41 PM
Wow Knicks are determined to not have any defensive presence on their team

NuggetsFan
11-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Love Faried but I wouldn't have a problem moving him. It's hard to say how he'll adjust when your not running every single time down the floor. Great rebounder, great hustle, has improved his offensive game but he's actually not that great of a defender and reaaallly thrived in Karl's run n gun system. I don't want Denver to have to pay what he'll end up getting.

Better than Shump tho, Nuggets going tank mode which is another reason why I'd love this trade. Defensively AB, Faried is ugly but Faried would eat up all those rebounds and bring that hustle. If your the Knicks I say pull the trigger, and as a Nuggets fan I'd be fine with this deal. Shumpert has potential, could be something eventually.

christian1923
11-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Shumpert would be a beast for Denver if they still play that fast pace basketball. He can do a lot of things offensively that he can't show in the Knicks three or melo ISO system they play. This is a typical Knicks panic move after the chandler injury. Faried isn't the answer but whatever who cares we ain't winning shit one way or another with lebron and kobe still in the league.

ZenMaster
11-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Faried is a good defender, probably better than whoever we could put out on the four.

No he's not, he gets rebounds but he's not a good defender.

bagelred
11-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Reads title quickly: Shump likes Fries with Nuggets

Levity
11-13-2013, 05:58 PM
knick fans, do you really think faried is a good fit?

hes great for a team that likes to run. but in the half court, his numbers and impact drop dramatically.

theres reason why jj hickson started for the nuggs this season. and its not just cause his hamstring injury. the nuggets offense has slowed down, and shaw felt hickson played better in the halfcourt compared to faried.

kurple
11-13-2013, 06:14 PM
No he's not, he gets rebounds but he's not a good defender.
this, and i love the manimal

ZenMaster
11-13-2013, 06:17 PM
knick fans, do you really think faried is a good fit?

hes great for a team that likes to run. but in the half court, his numbers and impact drop dramatically.

theres reason why jj hickson started for the nuggs this season. and its not just cause his hamstring injury. the nuggets offense has slowed down, and shaw felt hickson played better in the halfcourt compared to faried.

Also, wouldn't this just put them right back into bad spacing?
Chandler-Faried-Melo is supposed to work but Chandler-Amare-Melo couldn't?

Real Men Wear Green
11-13-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm amazed that people think Faried/Shumpert would be fair for Denver. Faried is going to be a double-double big as soon as he starts getting 30+ minutes per. Shumpert is basically a younger Tony Allen. That's valuable but not worth a guy that can be one of the elite rebounders in the game.

Ai2death
11-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Oh god I hope this trade doesn't happen. Shump would be terrible on my Nuggets.

el gringos
11-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Also, wouldn't this just put them right back into bad spacing?
Chandler-Faried-Melo is supposed to work but Chandler-Amare-Melo couldn't?
No doubt that you are right. The jr in place of shumpert will make a difference though. It's really chandler that is difficult to play with. Offensively Carmelo, Bargnani, and faried would be much better than Carmelo, Bargnani, and chandler. Chandler doesn't understand how terrible he is offensively. With chandler and Felton they believe that they are the 1st option on offense and have no ability to play weak side - nobody will cover them, nor do they move smartly without the ball

ZenMaster
11-13-2013, 06:38 PM
No doubt that you are right. The jr in place of shumpert will make a difference though. It's really chandler that is difficult to play with. Offensively Carmelo, Bargnani, and faried would be much better than Carmelo, Bargnani, and chandler. Chandler doesn't understand how terrible he is offensively. With chandler and Felton they believe that they are the 1st option on offense and have no ability to play weak side - nobody will cover them, nor do they move smartly without the ball

It doesn't sound fixable without getting a different combination of bigs.

Chandler-Faried-Melo won't work on offense, Bargnani-Faried-Melo won't work on defense.

Their lineup became a cluster fkuck when they traded for Melo because he operates in the mid-range more than the 3pt line. They got half way bailed out when Amare went down because they could move Melo to the 4 spot but it's over now because there's no real possibility of balancing offense and defense with the current players.

R.I.P.
11-13-2013, 06:42 PM
How about Faried-Chandler-Mozgov-Gallo for Shumpert-Melo? :oldlol:

MetsPackers
11-13-2013, 06:43 PM
yes yes yes would be sad to see shump go but a guy like faried is exactly what the knicks need for the godfvckingawful rebounding we have. id take it in a minute as long as the dumbass front office promises not to give faried an insane contract aka business as usual

andremiller07
11-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Bargs + Faried on D :roll:, I would just keep Shumpert tbh

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2013, 07:07 PM
David Aldridge
Told there's "nothing happening" regarding proposed @I_Am_Iman deal to Denver for @KennethFaried35.

Would've been a good move for the Knicks. Oh well.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow
Denver has made it clear to Kenneth Faried's reps: There are no active talks involving him. Knicks offered Shumpert. Denver rejected idea.

Real Men Wear Green
11-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Follow
Denver has made it clear to Kenneth Faried's reps: There are no active talks involving him. Knicks offered Shumpert. Denver rejected idea.
That, I can believe.

STATUTORY
11-13-2013, 07:18 PM
:roll: dolan getting petulant cause another guard is taking "too long" to return from injury and overreacting with a trade?

Knicks basketball is BACK

andremiller07
11-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Can Shumpert play as a full time SF? Or is he too small? Kings could use someone like him we got plenty of useless PF's to give away.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Can Shumpert play as a full time SF? Or is he too small? Kings could use someone like him we got plenty of useless PF's to give away.
He's more suited as a 2 for sure.

Real Men Wear Green
11-13-2013, 07:27 PM
He's 6'5 (allegedly) and a good athlete so a team could get away with it, in fact I think that's what NY did with him last season. But most players are better off being big for their position, not undersized.

andremiller07
11-13-2013, 07:28 PM
He's 6'5 (allegedly) and a good athlete so a team could get away with it, in fact I think that's what NY did with him last season. But most players are better off being big for their position, not undersized.
For some reason I thought he was 6'7 maybe the hair fooled me, but yeah I agree with you about better being big.

Real Men Wear Green
11-13-2013, 07:31 PM
:roll: dolan getting petulant cause another guard is taking "too long" to return from injury and overreacting with a trade?

Knicks basketball is BACK
We don't know that Dolan initiated this, and even if he did, there's no harm in trying to get a good power forward. Rebounding and the bigs in general are a weakness for the Knicks while they have 2 starting-caliber sgs and a first round pick SG as well (I don't know why they did that but whatever). Trading excess for lack is basic GM work. They just need to aim a bit lower because Faried's price is probably more than they can afford.

niko
11-13-2013, 07:37 PM
We don't know that Dolan initiated this, and even if he did, there's no harm in trying to get a good power forward. Rebounding and the bigs in general are a weakness for the Knicks while they have 2 starting-caliber sgs and a first round pick SG as well (I don't know why they did that but whatever). Trading excess for lack is basic GM work. They just need to aim a bit lower because Faried's price is probably more than they can afford.
The "Dolan hates Shumpert" came from Isola who said last year he thought that Shump was in the doghouse. It's not this widespread thing, it's just people like conspiracy. So if Shump doesn't start "Dolan". Shump plays poorly and gets scolded, it's not his play, it's "Dolan".

Dolan's not a good owner but half the shit people say about him they are pulling out of the sky and have no proof of. Or just are being nitpicky, like his "guarantee" which was pretty much at a private party he held to perform at. People are acting like held a press conference.

I'd like a new owner if at all possible but the nitpicky shit people pin on him sometime is irritating.

Note: The SG pick was thinking JR might be leaving, as a backup wing. That and "best player available". It's funny because we took the athletic wing the Nets would like, and they took a big we could use.

niko
11-13-2013, 07:39 PM
I have a question for you as a Celtic fan, have you seen Garnett this year? He's really slow and his legs aren't under him, shots just terrible. From what you saw last year could this be real fall off just accelerrating, or he's just not in tune with his teammates. (assuming you have seen him play this year...)

NuggetsFan
11-13-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm amazed that people think Faried/Shumpert would be fair for Denver. Faried is going to be a double-double big as soon as he starts getting 30+ minutes per. Shumpert is basically a younger Tony Allen. That's valuable but not worth a guy that can be one of the elite rebounders in the game.

I think the Nuggets are trying to sell high on Faried. He's not good defensively, elite rebounder and a very flawed offensive player outside of the high octane run every position. More garbage buckets, more chances to run in transition, he's basically the perfect fit for a running team. Elite rebounder but the question remains if you actually want to play him thirty minutes a night. Teams really cheat off of him in the half court.

Who knows, maybe Faried goes on to be a borderline All-Star. Certainly possible. He's also struggled at times this year and could peak as a below average defensive player that averages 12/9 and you have to pay 8 or 9 mill a season.

I wouldn't mind moving him, one of my favorite players too. Better than Shumpert tho and I'd hope the Nuggets could do better but wouldn't have been completely disgusted by a Shumpert return given the way we've looked early on.

Real Men Wear Green
11-13-2013, 07:57 PM
I have a question for you as a Celtic fan, have you seen Garnett this year? He's really slow and his legs aren't under him, shots just terrible. From what you saw last year could this be real fall off just accelerrating, or he's just not in tune with his teammates. (assuming you have seen him play this year...)Way off-topic, but ok.

He's 37, turning 38 this year. Two decades of NBA on those legs. He's bound to decline. I don't think 32% is representative of what he can do, even now, but every year he will get worse. That's nature.

He's only getting 23 mpg, a career low by a wide margin. Maybe he should get some more pt just for the sake of rhythm? It's not about his teammates, as a jumpshooting big he's really just firing open Js. The only teammate his game may miss is Rondo (Pierce is with him) but it's not like Deron Williams is a slouch. The downside of being too old to post plus not being the post-up guy for the team anyway is that his FG %age is going to be all about the jumper sometimes. I don't watch the Nets religiously but the games I've seen he's not used in the paint much. Celtics didn't make his posting a featured part of the attack but there would be a few plays ending in the turn-around jumper. Rondo used to throw him an alley-oop here and there as well.

But I think, most important of all, he didn't play less than half the game.

So there's a number of things going on which an honest Nets fan would have better insight into than I would at this point. There's the possibility at his age that he's just finished but I bet if they make the playoffs he'll grit out some double-doubles and I don't want to say it's over for KG yet. Everyone needs to understand that he probably won't be in the league as a player in two seasons.

Real Men Wear Green
11-13-2013, 08:08 PM
I think the Nuggets are trying to sell high on Faried. He's not good defensively, elite rebounder and a very flawed offensive player outside of the high octane run every position. More garbage buckets, more chances to run in transition, he's basically the perfect fit for a running team. Elite rebounder but the question remains if you actually want to play him thirty minutes a night. Teams really cheat off of him in the half court.

Who knows, maybe Faried goes on to be a borderline All-Star. Certainly possible. He's also struggled at times this year and could peak as a below average defensive player that averages 12/9 and you have to pay 8 or 9 mill a season.

I wouldn't mind moving him, one of my favorite players too. Better than Shumpert tho and I'd hope the Nuggets could do better but wouldn't have been completely disgusted by a Shumpert return given the way we've looked early on.
I wouldn't be so focused on his negatives in your position. Very few players have no flaws and so long as he's not expected to be a franchise player Faried can be a major asset. Hustle guys with size and athleticism contribute to teams in various ways almost by accident and Faried is the embodiment of this. He will need to develop something extra in his game, be it range, post d, or whatever to have a long career but he's similar to Rodman and Wallace not just in the ability to dominate the glass but the way his hustle can inspire a whole team to play better. It's an asset that won't make a guy a franchise player but is often a component of a great team. It's not exactly leadership, it's more like instant momentum. He's an energy guy. I'd take a player like that on my team every time.

CarlosBoozer
11-13-2013, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't be so focused on his negatives in your position. Very few players have no flaws and so long as he's not expected to be a franchise player Faried can be a major asset. Hustle guys with size and athleticism contribute to teams in various ways almost by accident and Faried is the embodiment of this. He will need to develop something extra in his game, be it range, post d, or whatever to have a long career but he's similar to Rodman and Wallace not just in the ability to dominate the glass but the way his hustle can inspire a whole team to play better. It's an asset that won't make a guy a franchise player but is often a component of a great team. It's not exactly leadership, it's more like instant momentum. He's an energy guy. I'd take a player like that on my team every time.
That was an awesome reponse :applause:

niko
11-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Way off-topic, but ok.

He's 37, turning 38 this year. Two decades of NBA on those legs. He's bound to decline. I don't think 32% is representative of what he can do, even now, but every year he will get worse. That's nature.

He's only getting 23 mpg, a career low by a wide margin. Maybe he should get some more pt just for the sake of rhythm? It's not about his teammates, as a jumpshooting big he's really just firing open Js. The only teammate his game may miss is Rondo (Pierce is with him) but it's not like Deron Williams is a slouch. The downside of being too old to post plus not being the post-up guy for the team anyway is that his FG %age is going to be all about the jumper sometimes. I don't watch the Nets religiously but the games I've seen he's not used in the paint much. Celtics didn't make his posting a featured part of the attack but there would be a few plays ending in the turn-around jumper. Rondo used to throw him an alley-oop here and there as well.

But I think, most important of all, he didn't play less than half the game.

So there's a number of things going on which an honest Nets fan would have better insight into than I would at this point. There's the possibility at his age that he's just finished but I bet if they make the playoffs he'll grit out some double-doubles and I don't want to say it's over for KG yet. Everyone needs to understand that he probably won't be in the league as a player in two seasons.
Thanks. I didn't want to bother you with a PM and if i made a topic i'd get ten people arguing. This seemed easier. :lol The minute thing is valid. The minute restrictions clearly piss him off, and he comes in and tries to get 10 minutes of effort into five minutes. It doesn't work.

NuggetsFan
11-13-2013, 08:28 PM

Oh I'm not focusing on the negatives, I know he can bring crazy momentum among many other positives. Problem is we've paid McGee, and probably can't move that contract. Him and Faried defensively are a huge problem. Faried doesn't bring size either, listed at what 6'8 probably closer to 6'6-6'7 for a PF.

Were slowing things down too, 6 months from now his value could fall off. Plus if the Nuggets are shopping him there could be problems behind closed doors we don't know, something obviously has to be up. Nuggets could end up falling off this season, missing the playoffs. Could be trying to maximize his value for the rebuild.

Denver is stacked in the frontcourt with players, J.J Hickson while not even close to being as good as Faried IMO can bring rebounding/better post play and Faried will obviously bring back a much better return than J.J.

It's really a toss up how this season plays out for Kenneth. Wouldn't be shocked to see him have a great year, same time won't be shocked to see him have a subpar year. If the FO believes the latter is more likely than makes sense to move him.

livinglegend
11-13-2013, 08:30 PM
who cares? As long as Melo is on that team, Knicks wont win anything.

Fudge
11-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Knick fans DONT want this trade to go down? :roll:

Okay then, stay mediocre for...life.

bagelred
11-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Follow

Oh you don't want Shump, eh? Well GOOD. We didn't want to do that trade anyway. And you know what? Now you CAN'T have him....how do you like THAT?!

shit

bagelred
11-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Knick fans DONT want this trade to go down? :roll:

Okay then, stay mediocre for...life.

Mediocre For Life? I like it.

"Underdog....put it on a TShirt!"

Real Men Wear Green
11-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Oh I'm not focusing on the negatives, I know he can bring crazy momentum among many other positives. Problem is we've paid McGee, and probably can't move that contract. Him and Faried defensively are a huge problem. Faried doesn't bring size either, listed at what 6'8 probably closer to 6'6-6'7 for a PF.

Were slowing things down too, 6 months from now his value could fall off. Plus if the Nuggets are shopping him there could be problems behind closed doors we don't know, something obviously has to be up. Nuggets could end up falling off this season, missing the playoffs. Could be trying to maximize his value for the rebuild.
When I say "hustle guy with size" I'm talking about non-guards. Rodman and Wallace weren't 7-footers either. As for trade rumors ticking him off, that's not a concern when a guy is going to restricted free agency. I don't know what his personality is like but most players go wherever the money is so if Denver comes with market value he'll take it. If there is a team out there willing to max him out his agent will know that regardless, and in that case the team may have to move on but there will be plenty of time to engineer a trade in that final year. It's only the unrestricted FAs that can just do whatever they want.

Fudge
11-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Mediocre For Life? I like it.

"Underdog....put it on a TShirt!"
YES! ASAP :applause:

paguy1955
12-05-2013, 03:03 PM
they better not trade Manamal.....this is their hard worker and best big....plus we could end up with a top 3 pick net year. why would we want to do anything to HELP the Knicks:coleman: