PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Mexican team....

9erempiree
11-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Congrats to the Mexicans for beating the Kiwi's. They played very well today and didn't look like their usual self on offense. Perhaps, it was do or die and they stepped up their game.

They left out their Euro players and brought in their Club American players.

Americans are great when it comes to do or die.

knickballer
11-13-2013, 06:57 PM
lol, why do you take pride in from teams in Central and South America? Just because they are "American"?

9erempiree
11-13-2013, 07:08 PM
lol, why do you take pride in from teams in Central and South America? Just because they are "American"?

They are one of the best or arguably the best continents in soccer.

Patrick Chewing
11-13-2013, 08:02 PM
The both of you are ****ing idiots. Mexico is in North America :oldlol:

9erempiree
11-13-2013, 08:04 PM
The both of you are ****ing dolts. Mexico is in North America :oldlol:

I'm referring to South America too, to the his post.

Reading comprehension dummy. Please read the context of the thread in it's entirety before just responding.

Ancient Legend
11-13-2013, 09:51 PM
7 Club America players, 3 from Leon and 1 from Santos was their starting 11, worked out pretty well. Their coach (Barney Rubble) is also from Club America.

9erempiree
11-13-2013, 10:15 PM
7 Club America players, 3 from Leon and 1 from Santos was their starting 11, worked out pretty well. Their coach (Barney Rubble) is also from Club America.

Although it was just New Zealand, I think they should field this team in the WC. I know it's not going to happen but these guys played with heart unlike there original 11.

Andrei89
11-14-2013, 07:00 AM
They are one of the best or arguably the best continents in soccer.

Nope, not even arguably.

Europe is the best continent in football.

Ancient Legend
11-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Nope, not even arguably.

Europe is the best continent in football.

In terms of World Cups

Brazil 5
Argentina 2
Uruguay 2
Total 9

Italy 4
Germany 3
Spain 1
England 1
France 1
Total 10

Europe wins but only because Spain won last.

Andrei89
11-14-2013, 07:06 AM
In terms of World Cups

Brazil 5
Argentina 2
Uruguay 2
Total 9

Italy 4
Germany 3
Spain 1
England 1
France 1
Total 10

Europe wins but only because Spain won last.

You can't base your argument on World Cups won.

I rank Brazil as one of the greatest football nation of all time, but I would not rank the Americas on the best continents in soccer. It has always been Europe having more quality teams.

RagaZ
11-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Mhm, the last 2 World Cup finals have been between European teams.

Ancient Legend
11-14-2013, 07:11 AM
You can't base your argument on World Cups won.

I rank Brazil as one of the greatest football nation of all time, but I would not rank the Americas on the best continents in soccer. It has always been Europe having more quality teams.

You mean Europe has more parity and the better domestic leagues, but in terms of international play, it's a continent based tournament where Europeans win in Europe, and American teams in America. The only time this was "broken" was Spain winning in Africa, and Brazil winning in Japan, so the trend remains.