PDA

View Full Version : X Box One or PS4

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2013, 04:04 AM
I plan on buying one of these and since I'm sure some of you know more about gaming than I do I ask you: Which should I buy?

LJJ
11-14-2013, 07:56 AM
As with all these things, the single most important factor in this choice should be what your best friends get. You can play online together, you can share games, this should be more important than anything else. Regardless of what the crazed fanatics say, both of these consoles are going to provide the same experience to a very large extent.

If the choice of your friends isn't an important factor, I'd go with the PS4. It's a hundred bucks cheaper and Sony has provided much better exclusive content for their system than Microsoft in recent years.

Rose
11-14-2013, 11:04 AM
As with all these things, the single most important factor in this choice should be what your best friends get. You can play online together, you can share games, this should be more important than anything else. Regardless of what the crazed fanatics say, both of these consoles are going to provide the same experience to a very large extent.

If the choice of your friends isn't an important factor, I'd go with the PS4. It's a hundred bucks cheaper and Sony has provided much better exclusive content for their system than Microsoft in recent years.
This. Especially if you don't like Halo/Forza. And I guess Gears since they have the IP, but aren't letting Epic deal with it anymore.

And the only company I trust to launch a new console and innovate with a "gimmick" is Nintendo.

Qwyjibo
11-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Pretty much that. The price will probably end up being the deciding factor for me when I decide to buy one next year. It just seems that there is far less separating the two consoles technologically this time around now that Xbox is going with a blu-ray drive. Although if that 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on Xbone is true, that'll be a factor for some people.

TheWINdyCity
11-14-2013, 03:54 PM
regardless of which you choose I'd recommend waiting at least until next year before getting a PS4 or Xbox one

Ai2death
11-14-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm getting the PS4 on release day, however I would've went with xbox purely for the controllers. The 360 controller was amazing compared to the ps3 one.

However after the whole xbox pre-owned games blah blah stuff, I went with the ps4.

outbreak
11-14-2013, 05:54 PM
regardless of which you choose I'd recommend waiting at least until next year before getting a PS4 or Xbox one

why do you say that? I know they won't really hit their stride and the games won't be built to fully utilize the new specs for a while but if you like games coming out now and plan on buying one anyway there's no reason not to buy one now...
I'll be waiting a bit myself probably but that's just because I have other games to finish first.

Brujesino
11-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Ya iam not waiting a year.A couple of months most likely sometime around january or february.I think if theres anything wrong like the red rings it should be known in a couple of months.

Rose
11-14-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm getting the PS4 on release day, however I would've went with xbox purely for the controllers. The 360 controller was amazing compared to the ps3 one.

However after the whole xbox pre-owned games blah blah stuff, I went with the ps4.
I played the xbox one controller. I hate the new bumpers. I feel like they're a complete downgrade. It's still probably the better controller though, but I won't know till tomorrow.:D

LJJ
11-14-2013, 07:07 PM
why do you say that? I know they won't really hit their stride and the games won't be built to fully utilize the new specs for a while but if you like games coming out now and plan on buying one anyway there's no reason not to buy one now...
I'll be waiting a bit myself probably but that's just because I have other games to finish first.

Well during the last generation both Sony and Microsoft released a better, upgraded version of the console within a year. The launch 360s had horrible built quality. And Sony dropped the price of the PS3 by a hundred bucks within a year.

Those all sound like excellent reasons to wait a year.

TheReal Kendall
11-14-2013, 07:50 PM
I really don't know what to do.

I got a 360 now but I'm leaning more towards the PS4.

Seem like you need the kinect to really enjoy all of the Xbox one's functions and I keep seeing that it's only 720p whereas the PS4 is 1080p.

I'm still gonna wait til about 6mths to a year before I get one.

The games that's coming out for the Xbox looks better than the ones lined up for PS4 though.

My supervisor said that there been a lot of bugs with the PS4 software so far but I'm not sure how true that is

Levity
11-14-2013, 08:03 PM
anyone watch south park last night? they had this same debate, game of thrones style

Rose
11-14-2013, 09:40 PM
I really don't know what to do.

I got a 360 now but I'm leaning more towards the PS4.

Seem like you need the kinect to really enjoy all of the Xbox one's functions and I keep seeing that it's only 720p whereas the PS4 is 1080p.

I'm still gonna wait til about 6mths to a year before I get one.

The games that's coming out for the Xbox looks better than the ones lined up for PS4 though.

My supervisor said that there been a lot of bugs with the PS4 software so far but I'm not sure how true that is
The 720P/1080P is really bullshit. Xbone has more than enough power to display everything at 1080P consistently. It'll just take longer because Microsoft's studios aren't as well managed as Sony's. But when Titanfall drops that'll for sure be the turning point. There might be an exception here or there, but it'll be pretty much 1080P the rest of the way.

bigkingsfan
11-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Don't get anything at launch, there is some report of the hdmi connectors on the ps4 being faulty.

FireMcFailPlease
11-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Don't get anything at launch, there is some report of the hdmi connectors on the ps4 being faulty.
very few.

my friends and I were all 360 guys. now we're gettin ps4s.

do what your friends are doing. unless youre just a fanboy then theres no changing sides.

Scholar
11-14-2013, 11:47 PM
I'm likely going with the PS4 some time next year.

XB1 lost my consideration when that whole "no game sharing/always logged into online in order to play games" bullshit went on a few months earlier. They really don't care about their customers. It's money first, all other things second. Who's to say they won't introduce other bullshit, money over everything schemes later on in XB1's shelf life?
It took thousands of pissed off fans to force Microsoft to change their upcoming XB1 policies, but in a few years, they'll have sold enough systems to pull other bullshit that XB1 users won't be able to do shit about because they'd have already blown money on the system anyway.

Sony >>>>

Rose
11-15-2013, 12:12 AM
new Uncharted confirmed.:bowdown:

Ai2death
11-15-2013, 12:17 AM
new Uncharted confirmed.:bowdown:

I just jazzed my pants to this :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

FireMcFailPlease
11-15-2013, 12:21 AM
did anyone see that guy in San Fran get bitch slapped on camera...lol

Rose
11-15-2013, 12:22 AM
did anyone see that guy in San Fran get bitch slapped on camera...lol
I thought he did but I thought I was crazy. :oldlol:

Second Son on March 21. :banana:

Rose
11-15-2013, 12:28 AM
I really dislike eye tracking shit.

TheReal Kendall
11-15-2013, 12:33 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/playstation-4-countdown/

They showing off the games and trailers

FireMcFailPlease
11-15-2013, 12:57 AM
those two black guys behind joey looked like they were gonna beat his ass to be first in line LOL

Brujesino
11-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Were they playing COD on the ps4? that shit looks the same on every console.

TheWINdyCity
11-16-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm likely going with the PS4 some time next year.

XB1 lost my consideration when that whole "no game sharing/always logged into online in order to play games" bullshit went on a few months earlier. They really don't care about their customers. It's money first, all other things second. Who's to say they won't introduce other bullshit, money over everything schemes later on in XB1's shelf life?
It took thousands of pissed off fans to force Microsoft to change their upcoming XB1 policies, but in a few years, they'll have sold enough systems to pull other bullshit that XB1 users won't be able to do shit about because they'd have already blown money on the system anyway.

Sony >>>>

Well I agree that what Xbox one was trying to do was supremely idiotic, but lets be real here, are you really surprised a company is after your money? Also there have been many reports/rumors that ps4 was going to do the same thing with drm and the PS eye, and that really wouldn't surprise me.. its a business. and no im not an xbox fanboy

sommervilleCdn
11-16-2013, 10:03 AM
http://www.abload.de/img/ibzg4p2wboflcl0oup5.gif

sommervilleCdn
11-16-2013, 10:03 AM
and..

http://abload.de/img/untitled-32299u5x.gif

Shade8780
11-16-2013, 11:15 AM

From what I heard, the PS4 controller is >>> Xbox One controller. It's supposed to be better than the 360 controller as well. That shit supposed to feel and fit perfect in your hand.

Of course that doesn't matter too much when buying a console, but I'd pick the PS4 anyway, unless your friends are all buying the Xbox.

Rose
11-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Microsoft's problem wasn't their restrictions it was their lack of explaining what they wanted to do, and their disorganization.

I would have had 0 problems not being able to buy used, had I been able to share full games with 10 different friends. Unfortunately rumors started that it was only a fraction of the game...Microsoft never did anything about it until it was too late. Hell I didn't even find out full game sharing until after the 180. :lol And I consider myself a very informed gamer.

The internet connection thing if it wasn't a daily thing but a bi-weekly thing or something I think would have worked better for people.

With that said, I understand why people buy used and wanted to keep that feature. (hell it's why I bought a PS4)

Also I still feel that the 360 controller is better than the PS4 one. Not by a significant amount, but it's still preferred.

sommervilleCdn
11-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Amurika fck yeah 1. Million already sold out. Euros (Sony land..if last generation was any indication ) ....soon guys

http://i.minus.com/ibcZK5InijpgzF.gif

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/17/5113704/sony-playstation-4-1-million-sales.

Draz
11-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Ps4'controller definitely improved

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 05:21 AM
Looks like most of you are saying PS4. My biggest issue with the ps3 was the controller - How much better is the new one? How does it compare with the 360 one?

Undisputed
11-18-2013, 06:17 AM
Played with the PS4 controller today, and holy shit! My new favorite controller. A bit bigger than the PS3's and improved in so many ways that I don't feel like typing it on my cell phone right now. Really looking forward to getting a PS4 with Killzone and Injustice. That pad is gonna be great for shooters and fighting games, especially fighting games. This generation... :bow

dunksby
11-18-2013, 08:58 AM
I can't afford one :( I'm gonna wait a while, see if prices drop significantly or a slim kinda version comes out, like last time.

Mr Exlax
11-18-2013, 02:53 PM
I can't say which system is better, but I was at the mall and played Killer Instinct on XBOX One and that controller shits on my PS4 controller so bad. The new xbox controller might be the best controller i've ever used.

ihoopallday
11-19-2013, 02:42 AM
I feel like a complete idiot for canceling my ps4 preorder. Now I can't find it anywhere :banghead:

glidedrxlr22
11-21-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm not getting an XBOX1, but for my fellow ISHers hoping to score one at midnight release.....Bestbuy might be your best bet. My local Bestbuy got about 120 PS4s....I was #43 in line. Even people showing up at midnight got one. Good luck.

ukballer
11-22-2013, 03:17 AM
I feel like a complete idiot for canceling my ps4 preorder. Now I can't find it anywhere :banghead:

I felt exactly the same. :oldlol: I cancelled mine as I convinced myself I'd be fine waiting for 8-9 months, but about a week later I was regretting it. Thankfully I made another order online and it's been guaranteed for launch (29th for the UK, which sucks :facepalm ).

TheReal Kendall
11-22-2013, 06:14 PM
So who has the Xbox 1? I need some feedback :D

EnoughSaid
11-24-2013, 04:00 PM
The way I'm deciding is by looking at what's important to me and what I want. All of the Kinect features, the TV streaming and sports aren't really anything I need at this point. I get all the sports I need with Time Warner Cable. I just want to be able to play games and do it comfortably. The PS4 is that and in my opinion will have better exclusives as time goes on. Most of the PS4's features are centered on GAMING, as opposed to the Xbox One which is heavily orientated around a total entertainment package. Naughty Dog alone, and Ubisoft favoring Sony are enough to pull me onto their side. And saving a $100 doesn't hurt.

Heavincent
11-24-2013, 04:16 PM
PS4 is more powerful and $100 cheaper and will probably have better exclusives (already has a great one in Killzone Shadow Fall). Was an easy choice for me.

EnoughSaid
11-24-2013, 04:37 PM
PS4 is more powerful and $100 cheaper and will probably have better exclusives (already has a great one in Killzone Shadow Fall). Was an easy choice for me.

Exactly. If you're only looking for a gaming console, PS4 is the easy choice.

Brujesino
11-26-2013, 04:35 PM
For those waitig for a drop in price from either console

Game console price cuts by the numbers

"The two new consoles will likely not have official price drops until spring 2015, at the earliest," Matt Matthews, a game industry analyst who writes for Gamasutra, forecast in an interview with CNET.

That falls in line with history. The Xbox 360, launched in November 2005 to warm reception, didn't see a price drop until August of 2007, and even then it was only $50 on its middle-tier model and $20 on its low- and high-end models. The Nintendo Wii, on the other hand, launched at $249 in November of 2006 and didn't cut its price for nearly three years due to the strength of its sales; the Wii ended up outselling its competitors by tens of millions of units and broke December sales records after its 2009 price cut.

LJJ
11-26-2013, 05:27 PM
For those waitig for a drop in price from either console

Game console price cuts by the numbers

//"The two new consoles will likely not have official price drops until spring 2015, at the earliest," Matt Matthews, a game industry analyst who writes for Gamasutra, forecast in an interview with CNET.

That falls in line with history. The Xbox 360, launched in November 2005 to warm reception, didn't see a price drop until August of 2007, and even then it was only $50 on its middle-tier model and $20 on its low- and high-end models. The Nintendo Wii, on the other hand, launched at $249 in November of 2006 and didn't cut its price for nearly three years due to the strength of its sales; the Wii ended up outselling its competitors by tens of millions of units and broke December sales records after its 2009 price cut.//

The information here is deliberately misleading. The PS3 price dropped $100 within a year for an upgraded system with more storage space.

The Xbox 360 didn't drop in price within a year, but the biggest reason for that is the strategic launch of the system which gave it a "monopoly" on modern home consoles for over a year. As soon as PS3's started becoming readily available Microsoft dropped their price.

Right now with MS and Sony competing for the same consumer more directly than ever before, expect price drops and/or improved products soon. 1TB or 2TB consoles are coming within a year at the same price, I'm calling it now.

ihoopallday
11-29-2013, 06:46 PM

Finally found one in stores. Will give you my impressions as soon as possible.

http://i43.tinypic.com/ztj3gj.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2en251s.jpg

TheReal Kendall
11-29-2013, 07:16 PM

:cheers:

Done_And_Done
12-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Although incredibly lengthy, this dude does a pretty solid job at providing a breakdown of both consoles and why either or would be the better choice for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ik4UhbMOYg

Bosnian Sajo
12-04-2013, 06:35 AM
I could buy a ps4 now but...I still have a lot of games I'd like to finish on my 360, and I don't really see the need of upgrading my console right away, especially when they will still be making games for the 360. It's not like it all of a sudden became obsolete because of these new gen consoles, xbox 360 is still top of the line quality imo. That being said, I will probably be owning a ps4 before 2015.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-04-2013, 08:39 AM

kingjames99 Lebron fan to the core :applause:

So, how is it?

Draz
12-04-2013, 12:00 PM
I can buy either console right now but it isn't a matter of being able to purchase either, it's about knowing which one benefits me most. Ill be holding back a little more.

outbreak
12-04-2013, 11:13 PM
has anyone here has any overheating issues with the ps4? heard some people were having to turn it off after 4-5 hour session and let it cool down for an hour before playing again. Not sure how legit but people were telling me it's happening with most consoles after a long period due to them making the size so small? Thought I was set on a PS4 this time until I heard this.

Rose
12-05-2013, 12:25 AM
has anyone here has any overheating issues with the ps4? heard some people were having to turn it off after 4-5 hour session and let it cool down for an hour before playing again. Not sure how legit but people were telling me it's happening with most consoles after a long period due to them making the size so small? Thought I was set on a PS4 this time until I heard this.
Mine's ran more than 6 hours straight at least 4-5 times. Admittedly 2-3 of those times was just downloading games and stuff though.

Undisputed
12-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Sounds like something Microsoft fanboys would spread considering all the bad pub the Xbone has gotten for it's size and weight. I wouldn't put too much stock into anything that isn't first hand, see with your own eyes proof this early into both consoles being out.

Brujesino
12-05-2013, 12:43 AM
maybe the blue light? the blue light is real but it doesnt effect the vast majority of the ps4's.

outbreak
12-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Sounds like something Microsoft fanboys would spread considering all the bad pub the Xbone has gotten for it's size and weight. I wouldn't put too much stock into anything that isn't first hand, see with your own eyes proof this early into both consoles being out.
sony acknowledged it and there's videos of the way the lights go when it over heats, people had those thermal videos showing over heating too. Guess I'll wait for a larger sample size

CelticBaller
12-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Xbox 1 is both more expensive and inferior to the PS4 :no:

Mr Exlax
12-05-2013, 12:25 PM
if you're only going to be playing video games then I'd go with the PS4. If your system is going to be your central media hub then go with the Xbox One. No system is better than the other one. It's about what you need.

Shade8780
12-05-2013, 02:50 PM
if you're only going to be playing video games then I'd go with the PS4. If your system is going to be your central media hub then go with the Xbox One. No system is better than the other one. It's about what you need.
What does the Xbox One have over the PS4 for all-around entertainment? I'll be getting a PS4 at Christmas but just wondering.

jaydacris
12-05-2013, 03:26 PM
What does the Xbox One have over the PS4 for all-around entertainment? I'll be getting a PS4 at Christmas but just wondering.

doesn't support DLNA at the moment

Shade8780
12-05-2013, 03:35 PM
doesn't support DLNA at the moment
What's DLNA? :P

CarlosBoozer
12-06-2013, 01:33 AM
I'll be getting the ps4 this month, I might get the xbox one next year though.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2013, 04:30 AM
What's DLNA? :P
this

jaydacris
12-06-2013, 04:58 AM
DLNA compliant devices allow for network sharing/streaming of media from one device to another.

ps3 had it, xbox one currently has it. ps4 will eventually get it, confirmed by sony

so lets say you download a movie to your computer, if ps4 and pc are configured correctly (not hard), you can access your media from your ps4 and watch it on the big screen.

Mr Exlax
12-06-2013, 09:58 AM

You can hook it up to your cable box and watch TV in a little sidebar while playing games. That would come in more handy than you would think. Ummm they have the Kinect thing and that's family fun right there in itself. They both have Netflix. I'm not sure if the PS4 can do it, but you can Skype and all that other type of stuff on the XBox One. I have a PS4 as well and it's a fantastic machine. I'm going to get an Xbox also, but I won't utilize everything it can do. I just want it for games as well.

Mr Exlax
12-06-2013, 09:59 AM
DLNA compliant devices allow for network sharing/streaming of media from one device to another.

ps3 had it, xbox one currently has it. ps4 will eventually get it, confirmed by sony

so lets say you download a movie to your computer, if ps4 and pc are configured correctly (not hard), you can access your media from your ps4 and watch it on the big screen.

Oh cool. I didn't know they said it would eventually come to the PS4. I can't wrap my head around why they left it off to begin with.

TheReal Kendall
12-06-2013, 06:34 PM

Why not just hook your computer up to your tv?

You can hook it up to your cable box and watch TV in a little sidebar while playing games. That would come in more handy than you would think. Ummm they have the Kinect thing and that's family fun right there in itself. They both have Netflix. I'm not sure if the PS4 can do it, but you can Skype and all that other type of stuff on the XBox One. I have a PS4 as well and it's a fantastic machine. I'm going to get an Xbox also, but I won't utilize everything it can do. I just want it for games as well.

I don't really care about being able to play games and watch tv at the same time that's kinda overkill.

When I play the game I'm focused on that game.

Shade8780
12-06-2013, 07:00 PM
I don't really care about being able to play games and watch tv at the same time that's kinda overkill.

When I play the game I'm focused on that game.
This. Seems like I'm making the right purchase with the PS4.

ihoopallday
12-07-2013, 03:17 PM
kingjames99 Lebron fan to the core :applause:

So, how is it?

:lol Yeah I've had that gamertag since like 06. Anyways, I know there are hundreds of reviews out there, but I'll just give my impressions so far.

Pros:
-The interface is very smooth. Everything is easy to find and if you're feeling too lazy to search, just use your voice and tell the Kinect what to find.

-I love the snap feature. Basically, I can watch sports, news, etc. from my tv while I'm playing a game. It's fairly simple connecting your tv to the xbox. Just plug in your HDMI cord from your xbox one to your cable reciever. I use cox btw.

-The controller is fairly similar to the 360. I think the size is perfect for everyone. Most of my friends who I've played with loved it. The mic is great too, but it's kinda annoying taking off the controller. Feels like I'm gonna end up ripping off the cord.

-There's a lot of apps to mess around with on this console. Like many people have stated, it's more than a gaming console. I pretty much haven't even touched my computer in like a week. I do everything on there.

-Games/graphics. So far, all the games I've played (2k14, Battlefield, COD, and Forza) have been great. Huge leap from the previous consoles. My friend has a ps4 and I don't see much of a difference. Btw, watching gameplays on YouTube or whatever doesn't do either of the systems justice.

Cons:
- Game installs take a ridiculous amounts of time. Took me like 45 minutes to download 2k14. Maybe it's my internet connection, but I've seen other gamers also complain. PS4 installation times are way faster. I mean like 99% faster. But it does help you can do other things on the console while it installs the game.

-Glitches. So far I've had no success starting a party with my friends while playing a game. Other glitches include the Kinect not recognizing you when you turn on the console so it takes forever to sign in. Also, the Kinect will sometimes randomly pick up sounds from your tv and think you're giving it a command.

-Music. I don't know about you guys, but I love listening to music while I play. For now, the console won't play music via USB, bluetooth, etc. There is an app for XBOX music you can have up while playing, but not all the music I listen to is on there.

Overall, it's a pretty solid console. Lots of work to be done though like most expected. Very grateful mines hasn't broke down...........yet. So far, I'd give it an 7.5/10.

ihoopallday
12-07-2013, 03:20 PM
^^^^^^^ :cheers:

shaq2000
12-08-2013, 06:30 PM
How are you guys even finding a PS4? Shit's sold out everywhere.

Rose
12-08-2013, 07:47 PM
How are you guys even finding a PS4? Shit's sold out everywhere.
Preordered.

Shade8780
12-08-2013, 07:56 PM
I cant ****ing wait till Christmas. Really want to play the PS4.

TheReal Kendall
12-09-2013, 06:56 PM
^^^^^^^ :cheers:

Thanks for the review. :cheers:

I think I'm gonna get the PS4 first then get the Xbone later

TheMarkMadsen
12-09-2013, 07:14 PM
PS4 is amazing. Im about 50 games deep into Myplayer

ihoopallday
12-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the review. :cheers:

I think I'm gonna get the PS4 first then get the Xbone later

Yeah can't really go wrong with either system. One big factor for me choosing the xbox one is that's which console most of my friends are getting

Mr Exlax
12-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Yeah can't really go wrong with either system. One big factor for me choosing the xbox one is that's which console most of my friends are getting

This is kinda why I regret getting my PS4 and not having the money for my Xbox One. I have 2 friends that I would game with that have the PS4 and they don't play anywhere as often as I do. On my Xbox I had friends galore.

outbreak
12-10-2013, 06:27 PM
How are both consoles doing with issues? I keep thinking I've decided on one then hearing about a problem then I think I'll get the other then I hear about another issue.

Ai2death
12-10-2013, 06:48 PM
How are both consoles doing with issues? I keep thinking I've decided on one then hearing about a problem then I think I'll get the other then I hear about another issue.

Honestly, I haven't had a single issue with my PS4 touch wood, It gets warm to the touch, but I've had it gaming for a good 8 hour session and didn't skip a beat.

The only issue's I've had are with NBA 2K14, but that's the game, and has also been widely documented.

miller-time
12-10-2013, 07:29 PM

As far as I can tell the PS4 is pretty good, the percentage of people that are having problems is hovering around 1%. By comparison the Xbox 360 had a failure rate around 30 - 50%. The PS3 was 10%. I'm not sure what the Xbox one failure rate is but apparently it is higher than the PS4.

The thing is the both the PS4 and Xbox one have sold over a million consoles so even if 0.1% make YouTube videos showing defects it would still be 1000 videos which might look like a lot but it really isn't.

outbreak
12-10-2013, 07:45 PM
As far as I can tell the PS4 is pretty good, the percentage of people that are having problems is hovering around 1%. By comparison the Xbox 360 had a failure rate around 30 - 50%. The PS3 was 10%. I'm not sure what the Xbox one failure rate is but apparently it is higher than the PS4.

The thing is the both the PS4 and Xbox one have sold over a million consoles so even if 0.1% make YouTube videos showing defects it would still be 1000 videos which might look like a lot but it really isn't.

Yeah wasn't so much failures but I had heard from a few people about the ps4 over heating if you played for 5 hours or more and needing to be left to cool. Xbox I was hearing about the disk drives being horrendously loud. I've told family members to get me gift vouchers for christmas this year so I'm planning on ordering one after christmas, usually there's some good exclusives that sway me but at this point most of the exclusives look pretty poor.

Shade8780
12-14-2013, 02:28 PM
11 days till I have a PS4. Can't ****ing wait.

Thorpesaurous
01-10-2014, 02:09 PM
I've been hunting for a PS4 since just after Christmas. The girl who answers the phone at Best Buy actually recognized my voice. I would call all 6 Best Buys within an hour of me pretty much every night as I left work, and all the the Gamestop's in that area, which was more than I figured. I'd check the Target website. Try Toys R Us. And occasionally Walmart, but getting through their customer service web is a mess.

So I stopped at the Gamestop that I pass on the way home instead of calling. Still nothing. But as I'm leaving I'm facing the light that goes into the Walmart, HomeDepot, Shop Rite parking lot. I hate that place. But coming home that way, it often makes more sense to cut through the parking lot. As I'm going through, I figured I'd give Walmart a shot, and they had three.

I had already bought AC4 and a second controller a few weeks ago. I went back to Gamestop to look for a camera, but they didn't have them either.

Spent a few hours going through set up last night, logging into everything. The whole deal. I downloaded a bunch of updates. Had to update AC. But now I'm ready to go. I almost wish there weren't Saturday playoff football this weekend. But my weeknights are ocupado for the forseeable future.

TylerOO
01-10-2014, 03:14 PM
I've been hunting for a PS4 since just after Christmas. The girl who answers the phone at Best Buy actually recognized my voice. I would call all 6 Best Buys within an hour of me pretty much every night as I left work, and all the the Gamestop's in that area, which was more than I figured. I'd check the Target website. Try Toys R Us. And occasionally Walmart, but getting through their customer service web is a mess.

So I stopped at the Gamestop that I pass on the way home instead of calling. Still nothing. But as I'm leaving I'm facing the light that goes into the Walmart, HomeDepot, Shop Rite parking lot. I hate that place. But coming home that way, it often makes more sense to cut through the parking lot. As I'm going through, I figured I'd give Walmart a shot, and they had three.

I had already bought AC4 and a second controller a few weeks ago. I went back to Gamestop to look for a camera, but they didn't have them either.

Spent a few hours going through set up last night, logging into everything. The whole deal. I downloaded a bunch of updates. Had to update AC. But now I'm ready to go. I almost wish there weren't Saturday playoff football this weekend. But my weeknights are ocupado for the forseeable future.

Every store in my area is sold out of PS4's, but they all have numerous Xbox One's :oldlol:

SkipToMyLou
01-12-2014, 06:25 PM
PS4

Shade8780
01-12-2014, 06:30 PM

What's your PSN?

Ed Wachter
01-12-2014, 09:29 PM
What are they?

Draz
01-13-2014, 01:05 AM
I'm guessing Sony totally turned things around and won the sales battle

Undisputed
01-13-2014, 05:51 AM
Thorp, keep checking in on Amazon throughout the day. They've been splitting up their stock and dropping some units throughout the day since the 9th. I got lucky and caught one. The lot they put out when I ordered sold out within 5 minutes, but still, you'll find one if you keep checking in. Just be ready to buy it, meaning have all your card info saved in and account made already.

It is unreal how quick the stock is going out everywhere. Sony is going to really benefit from this momentum. I predict crazy good exclusives in the coming years for the PS4.

Undisputed
01-13-2014, 05:58 AM
I've heard scattered reports of error messages, but a lot of that is due to bugs and glitches still being worked out. I wouldn't believe much I hear at this point. A lot of garbage out there trying to sway customers. If there was something to be worried about with the systems, it's not hitting a big enough percent of consoles to make the headlines and stay there.

Just make your decision and jump in dude. If your console fails, it'll be under warranty for a while I'm sure. It's the world we live in.

phelix2000
01-30-2014, 05:51 PM
I have an Xbox One that I don't use much for gaming at the moment since I think the games suck and I prefer PC gaming. Honestly I would probably go for the PS4 at this point.

Pros
Skype & Camera - Skype is really awesome and camera is really good.
Interface - Nice and Easy to use.

Cons
Amazon Prime - You cannot on demand movies through your Xbox. You have to purchase them on your PC then they will save in your Library and you can view them on your Xbox. You cannot actually purchase the movie on the Xbox. This is because MSFT is asking for a revenue percentage from AMZN.

3D - No 3D support. This sucks for those of us who have a 3D TV. I bought a super high end 65" 3D Samsung and cannot rent 3d movies (are you kidding me MSFT? you talked about this being a media center).

HDMI IN for Cable - Yes, you can plug your cable box into your Xbox and it does integrate. However, there are a few key features missing which include the inability to view DVR. You cannot record or view your DVR shows. This kind of renders the integration somewhat useless as you cannot use a feature you pay more for.

outbreak
01-30-2014, 06:35 PM
I'm guessing Sony totally turned things around and won the sales battle

the latest articles had xbox killing it recently, sony shipped less consoles to the western regions and more to asia whereas xbox has flooded the western market and ignored asia. Their both about the same at this point, just look at the exclusives and pick whichever console has more games you want to play.

ihoopallday
01-30-2014, 08:58 PM
HDMI IN for Cable - Yes, you can plug your cable box into your Xbox and it does integrate. However, there are a few key features missing which include the inability to view DVR. You cannot record or view your DVR shows. This kind of renders the integration somewhat useless as you cannot use a feature you pay more for.

What cable provider do you have? I have Cox and I'm able to do all these things from my Xbox.

phelix2000
01-31-2014, 01:56 PM
What cable provider do you have? I have Cox and I'm able to do all these things from my Xbox.

OneGuide enables you to control your TV, cable or satellite box, and AV receiver with your Xbox One. It does not control DVR capabilities or other advanced features of your home entertainment system.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/live-tv/troubleshoot-oneguide

Not sure how you are doing controlling your DVR with your Xbox One as MSFT has stated it doesnt work. ATT is my provider.

Draz
02-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Honestly I'm waiting a bit longer for the new Gen consoles to get some burn in first.

Mr Exlax
02-23-2014, 09:49 PM
I just got my xbox one. I got DR3 and Killer Instinct. Both next gen consoles secured

outbreak
02-23-2014, 10:14 PM
I just got my xbox one. I got DR3 and Killer Instinct. Both next gen consoles secured

dr3 is fun, pick up ryse too. Ignore the bias reviews and actually play it on a difficulty higher than easy (you do need to complete the quick times to survive on higher difficulties, something the "professional" reviews sites missed completely on their easy mode deadline run throughs) and it's a fun game.

zoom17
02-24-2014, 12:11 AM
dr3 is fun, pick up ryse too. Ignore the bias reviews and actually play it on a difficulty higher than easy (you do need to complete the quick times to survive on higher difficulties, something the "professional" reviews sites missed completely on their easy mode deadline run throughs) and it's a fun game.

how far are you in it.

outbreak
02-24-2014, 12:42 AM
how far are you in it.
finished it a couple of times. haven't done much of the online play though just 3-4 co-op gladiator battles. I was expecting it to suck based on the media reviews but other people i knew kept saying it was good and i ended up really liking it. It's not a deep game but it's a fun experience.

TheReal Kendall
02-24-2014, 06:27 PM
finished it a couple of times. haven't done much of the online play though just 3-4 co-op gladiator battles. I was expecting it to suck based on the media reviews but other people i knew kept saying it was good and i ended up really liking it. It's not a deep game but it's a fun experience.

I think I might check this out. I know it was $39 on live over the weekend.

Is it repetitive? That's what I heard mostly about this game.

Is DR3 worth it? I played the demo but I didn't spend too much time on it.

I'm looking to get some new games cause all I have right now is BF4 and 2K14

outbreak
02-24-2014, 07:23 PM
I think I might check this out. I know it was $39 on live over the weekend.

Is it repetitive? That's what I heard mostly about this game.

Is DR3 worth it? I played the demo but I didn't spend too much time on it.

I'm looking to get some new games cause all I have right now is BF4 and 2K14

Do you like other beat em up action style games? There's not much depth to it but I didn't find myself thinking it was any more repetitive than any other action game. One thing I liked about it was that it didn't feel like it was being artificially lengthened with boring sections (tomb raider had this abit).

Dead rising 3 is worth it, probably the best next gen game out right now imo.

I really wish ryse had come pre installed on the xbox one though.

TheReal Kendall
02-24-2014, 07:37 PM
Do you like other beat em up action style games? There's not much depth to it but I didn't find myself thinking it was any more repetitive than any other action game. One thing I liked about it was that it didn't feel like it was being artificially lengthened with boring sections (tomb raider had this abit).

Dead rising 3 is worth it, probably the best next gen game out right now imo.

I really wish ryse had come pre installed on the xbox one though.

Yeah I do. How's the online? I think I might get it if they still have it for $39

Undisputed
02-24-2014, 08:42 PM
X-Box One owners, how do you guys feel about the controller? I know the opinion on the DualShock4 is all positive, and personally, it has become my favorite controller all-time in just the month and a half I have been using it. I briefly got to fiddle with an XBone controller without any gameplay going on, and I really didn't like the size change, it has to be smaller than the 360's and the PS4's, unless I got the wrong impression. I refuse to give an honest opinion on it though, can't give final judgement on a controller from how to feels at first touch.

jaydacris
02-24-2014, 09:28 PM
if ur planning on getting an xbox one.

might as well wait till march 11

and get the titanfall xbox one bundle

same price, but you get titanfall for free

outbreak
02-24-2014, 09:39 PM
X-Box One owners, how do you guys feel about the controller? I know the opinion on the DualShock4 is all positive, and personally, it has become my favorite controller all-time in just the month and a half I have been using it. I briefly got to fiddle with an XBone controller without any gameplay going on, and I really didn't like the size change, it has to be smaller than the 360's and the PS4's, unless I got the wrong impression. I refuse to give an honest opinion on it though, can't give final judgement on a controller from how to feels at first touch.

easily the best controller I've ever used. The size isn't really any smaller than the 360, it is lighter though and maybe my one complaint would be that it could have a little more weight to it. Everything just feels so natural using it for me though, the thumbsticks are by far my favourite from any device too. I also wish they'd put a battery indicator on the controller rather than having it on the screen.

Myself I've only used the ps4 controller a few times and while it shits all over the ps3's controller (hated that thing) it's still behind the xbox ones for my comfort levels. I plan on getting a ps4 next year when some more exclusives that interest me are released for it, the controller is more than good enough I just prefer the xboxs ones.

outbreak
02-24-2014, 09:39 PM
if ur planning on getting an xbox one.

might as well wait till march 11

and get the titanfall xbox one bundle

same price, but you get titanfall for free

i read it was only for europe? is that correct?

outbreak
02-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Yeah I do. How's the online? I think I might get it if they still have it for $39
the online could have been a lot better than it is. So far in it I've played the random matches where you and another person are put into the Colosseum together and must play through a scenario against other gladiators. Mainly killing waves of enemies and getting objectives. Some of them are pretty hard though and you gain xp to level up and gear up your character. If they had a 1v1 mode it would good.

jaydacris
02-24-2014, 10:52 PM
i read it was only for europe? is that correct?

will be available in NA

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Titanfall-Bundle/dp/B00IIHU44E/&tag=editorial08-20

amazon link

TheReal Kendall
02-24-2014, 10:59 PM

I really don't like Xbone controller. It just feels off to me for some reason. I prefer the 360 controller over it.

The PS4 controller feels better to me and it's a big upgrade from the PS3.

Draz
02-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Titanfall is looking really good though.. Dam I love fps so hopeful that both consoles can offer that

Levity
02-26-2014, 04:38 PM
any good PS4 bundles out or coming out? I want to buy a ps4, but there isnt much incentive yet since my friends dont plan on getting on til this summer or even later when destiny comes out.

However, if theres some good games coming out before then, ill go ahead and get one.

outbreak
02-26-2014, 05:01 PM
any good PS4 bundles out or coming out? I want to buy a ps4, but there isnt much incentive yet since my friends dont plan on getting on til this summer or even later when destiny comes out.

However, if theres some good games coming out before then, ill go ahead and get one.

wait until e3 and see what's announced imo.

Mr. Jabbar
03-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Titanfall? pfff Get the xbox one for the freaking Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare :bowdown: :bowdown:

TheReal Kendall
03-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Titanfall? pfff Get the xbox one for the freaking Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare :bowdown: :bowdown:

I watched gameplay of this and it looks dumb and boring

Undisputed
03-03-2014, 09:02 PM
I watched gameplay of this and it looks dumb and boring
I totally agree. I was hearing all kinds of raving reviews for it, but holy shit is this game bad. The gameplay just does not feel natural, the controls are very unnatural and stiff. Kids would absolutely love it, though. I only played about 5 deathmatches with two other friends yesterday, but that was enough to say I wouldn't buy it even if it was on the PS4.

ihoopallday
03-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Xbox One update is out. Read some good things. Will update mine when I get a chance later.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57619916-75/microsoft-rolls-out-xbox-one-update-ahead-of-titanfall-launch/

TheReal Kendall
03-05-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm glad you can see a recently played with players list now.

I'm still undecided on titanfall

ihoopallday
03-05-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm glad you can see a recently played with players list now.

I'm still undecided on titanfall

:lol I know. Especially since I play the park mode a lot on 2k14. Once in a while I'll play some games with great team players but forget their username. Now I'll be able to add them and play later on.

lilgodfather1
03-06-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm very disappointed with both systems. The xbox is bombing in terms of sales, and ps4 has no games. I wish I'd waited it out and picked one later, but I grabbed a ps4 right away.

Brujesino
03-06-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm very disappointed with both systems. The xbox is bombing in terms of sales, and ps4 has no games. I wish I'd waited it out and picked one later, but I grabbed a ps4 right away.
Except that its not.

Its not ahead of the PS4 for sure but its doing pretty good.Its also way ahead of the 360 was at this point.

Shade8780
03-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Except that its not.

Its not ahead of the PS4 for sure but its doing pretty good.Its also way ahead of the 360 was at this point.
do you have any bruj?

Brujesino
03-06-2014, 06:20 PM
do you have any bruj?
No not yet, probably wont for a while.

lilgodfather1
03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Except that its not.

Sure. It's not bombing perse bad choice of words. It's just not doing all that well even compared to the wii u's launch. For those of you that don't know the wii u is a new console from nintendo, not a wii accessory (yes sarcasm). The comparison with 360 is pretty flawed though. The 360 was incredibly supply limited, where as anywhere you go you could buy a pallet of ones. Selling 140k in the us in january is not good.

Ps4 while being supply constrained sold nearly 2x as many in january in the us. Things don't look good for ms. If I was in the market for a console in the near future I'd steer away from the xbox simply because it's on it's way to an early price drop. They already had one in the uk, so personally if I was interested in the one I would be waiting until the price cut. If that word gets out then most people won't buy it simply to avoid spending an extra 50-100 bucks for two weeks of play, which then hurts ms more because sony will build a bigger lead.

I'll just leave this post at the wii u selling 3 million by this time of it being on the market, same as the one...

TheReal Kendall
03-06-2014, 06:24 PM

I feel the same way.

My main gripe with the Xbox is that 500gb is not enough. I'm already at 230gb and I only have 2 games and a few apps.

This installing every game is a buzz kill.

Any word on how they're gonna up the memory for Xbox ones???

I know PS4's you can remove the hard drive and add a new one so when I get one in April I'll probably just buy all future games for PS4.

Brujesino
03-06-2014, 06:30 PM
I feel the same way.

My main gripe with the Xbox is that 500gb is not enough. I'm already at 230gb and I only have 2 games and a few apps.

I know PS4's you can remove the hard drive and add a new one so when I get one in April I'll probably just buy all future games for PS4.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-external-storage-aims-to-be-open/1100-6418143/

Gonna be sometime in the future and that it is big on their list of things to do.

lilgodfather1
03-06-2014, 06:33 PM
the latest articles had xbox killing it recently, sony shipped less consoles to the western regions and more to asia whereas xbox has flooded the western market and ignored asia. Their both about the same at this point, just look at the exclusives and pick whichever console has more games you want to play.
Except we know this not to be true. This was posted before the npd results for january, but damn you couldn't have been more wrong. Ps4 outsold the bone 2:1, and is currently at 6 million sold compared to the 3-3.5 million sold for xbox.

Titanfall may be the xboxs best chance. If the xbox doesn't beat ps4 in the us in march it's pretty much over. Could be a repeat of the ps2 era, which is great for everyone imo. More games, more genres.

TheReal Kendall
03-06-2014, 06:34 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-external-storage-aims-to-be-open/1100-6418143/

Gonna be sometime in the future and that it is big on their list of things to do.

Thanks.

lilgodfather1
03-06-2014, 06:35 PM
I feel the same way.

I thought they were going to patch in support for external drives. I agree about the full installations. Ugh what a drag that can be. At least it isn't as bad as on ps3 in terms of the time it takes haha.

outbreak
03-07-2014, 12:47 AM
Except we know this not to be true. This was posted before the npd results for january, but damn you couldn't have been more wrong. Ps4 outsold the bone 2:1, and is currently at 6 million sold compared to the 3-3.5 million sold for xbox.

Titanfall may be the xboxs best chance. If the xbox doesn't beat ps4 in the us in march it's pretty much over. Could be a repeat of the ps2 era, which is great for everyone imo. More games, more genres.

depends what site you get your numbers from, plus microsoft don't announce their figures. Some of the popular sites update sony's numbers like crazy and end up way higher and need to be dropped back again when sony actually announce sales while the microsoft sales don't increase.

Anyone claiming doom and gloom for any console is a retard though, both are selling incredibly well and both will be successful. Pick whichever has the games you want, if the other console has games you want down the line buy it when the price drops.

plowking
03-07-2014, 01:06 PM
From reading your posts on here outbreak, in the video game section you seem very pro Xbox, and not so much into Playstation.

You propping up Xbox and taking contrived jabs at the Playstation won't change sales figures, so I don't see the point in doing it. I've never understood console debates.

lilgodfather1
03-07-2014, 08:23 PM
depends what site you get your numbers from, plus microsoft don't announce their figures. Some of the popular sites update sony's numbers like crazy and end up way higher and need to be dropped back again when sony actually announce sales while the microsoft sales don't increase.

Anyone claiming doom and gloom for any console is a retard though, both are selling incredibly well and both will be successful. Pick whichever has the games you want, if the other console has games you want down the line buy it when the price drops.
I think the fact ms hasn't given an update to their 3 million sold in 2013 number is all the proof we really need. They would likely be shouting from rooftops if they were having good sell through (sold to consumers).

From the last numbers made available ms was at 3ish million 60/40 split between usa and rest of the world. Jan npd says 140k giving us a total sold as of jan of approximately 3.3 million.

Thats not good if after launch your numbers drop off in the us from 900k in december to 140k in jan. That is wii u level of sales.

Seriously I went to bestbuy on tuesday to pick up a sony 70r550a tv and they had a stack of xbox ones. Two by six by six on the floor, and another stack up top. Lets call it 120 xbox ones in a relatively small area (kingston ont).

Not a ps4 in sight. Was looking for a buddy, but I still haven't seen a ps4 in the wild yet.

I even saw a day one edition xbox at eb games on boxing day in trenton.

I don't hold any personal preference for either company besides nintendo, but ms is in bad shape imo. This thirsday is the new npd numbers so it will be interesting to see with the announced titanfall bundle just how well the one sold in feb. I am personally expecting 120k, but imagine if it is sub 100k? Then can we say the xbox is in trouble? Or de we have to wait a year to pronounce it dead like nintendo fans have been saying.

Rose
03-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Hey at least they finally sold out of the day one version of the xbone.:lol

lilgodfather1
03-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Hey at least they finally sold out of the day one version of the xbone.:lol
Yeah that's a positive lol. It kind of looks bad though eh. A month after launch you see a day one edition, kind of a bad omen.

I can't imagine too many xboxs sold between the announcement of the tf bundle and the release of tf. Basically ms gave up 2-3 weeks of sales.

outbreak
03-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeah that's a positive lol. It kind of looks bad though eh. A month after launch you see a day one edition, kind of a bad omen.

I can't imagine too many xboxs sold between the announcement of the tf bundle and the release of tf. Basically ms gave up 2-3 weeks of sales.

funny that the stores at my local shopping centre have a shit load of PS4s and are sold out of xboxs. but your arguments use your own local findings and out dated info to claim doom and gloom for a company that's selling consoles faster than their previous generations.....

wake the **** up and realise sony and microsoft are both doing exceptionally well with their consoles. Sony may have sold more but acting like microsoft is struggled is just stupid.

Ai2death
03-10-2014, 08:00 PM
funny that the stores at my local shopping centre have a shit load of PS4s and are sold out of xboxs. but your arguments use your own local findings and out dated info to claim doom and gloom for a company that's selling consoles faster than their previous generations.....

wake the **** up and realise sony and microsoft are both doing exceptionally well with their consoles. Sony may have sold more but acting like microsoft is struggled is just stupid.

I'm not going to say either is struggling. however, I have noted that also in my area, I haven't seen a single ps4 available to buy. Xbox ones however are numerous.

Now I don't know if that's because there's limited-no supply of ps4's or just way to many xbox ones. I don't know.

lilgodfather1
03-10-2014, 08:00 PM

Sony is doing exceptionally well I agree. They are literally selling what they can make. Microsoft as of December 31 had shipped 3.9 million consoles, and as of February 1st had sold 3.5 million tops. Their estimated production is 1 million a month, so we are up to about 6 million shipped at the end of February. Less than 60% sell through isn't exceptionally well. Having to cut the price by about the equivalent of 50usd in the uk isn't exveptionally well. And lastly bundling the most hyped game your console has with the console is not exceptionally well (on top of the price cut in the uk...)

in the uk they added 110 dollars of value to the console because they are selling so exceptionally well lol.

thursday we get the hard numbers for February, and since ms basically told people not to buy the console in February with their titanfall bundle, I assume those numbers won't be great.

March will be the true measure though. If with titanfall, by far the most anticipated game bundled with the console, the xbox doesn't outsell ps4 then the price drop will come rapidly. Likely by or at e3 in june.

Edit: and you should give that report to the stock checker sites. Ps4s have been scarce on those sites, very rarely they show in stock.

lilgodfather1
03-13-2014, 08:52 PM
I can admit when I'm wrong. Xbox sold well in feb with 258k. Ps4 hit 286k or around (not looking at number). Hell even wii u did well (for wii u). Good month overall.

Rose
03-14-2014, 11:33 AM
I wonder how many of those were returned toward the end of the month, once the rumors started about the Titanfall bundle? I know I would have returned mine. :lol

JimmyMcAdocious
03-14-2014, 02:21 PM
What did you guys use your Microsoft credit on? From the leftover 360 stuff, Microsoft turned it into usable credit. Just got my email yesterday and I know some got their's 5+ months ago.

I'm having trouble figuring out where I can even use it. Microsoft store's navigation is shit and when I put a random item in my cart and take it to the final total, it's not using the credit.

Do not understand. Do not have a shitty Windows phone. Do not use Windows 8 (nor do I want to). Do not have an X Box One.

Why can't I use it to buy some Microsoft PC game? They had a decent sale, but of course it all sold out by now. Or at least some cheap headphones.

lilgodfather1
03-14-2014, 03:10 PM
I wonder how many of those were returned toward the end of the month, once the rumors started about the Titanfall bundle? I know I would have returned mine. :lol
No idea if npd accounts for that. I would assume not, but I know I would have taken it back that day. Same with ps4. They give you a month on these things for that very reason. No need 5o get screwed over by buying on the 10th and two weeks later being able to save 60 dollsrs or 70 in canada...

Rose
03-14-2014, 03:53 PM
No idea if npd accounts for that. I would assume not, but I know I would have taken it back that day. Same with ps4. They give you a month on these things for that very reason. No need 5o get screwed over by buying on the 10th and two weeks later being able to save 60 dollsrs or 70 in canada...
Exactly. Props to them for having a good month. I'm excited to see the weekly sales for Titanfall though, specifically if it gets an individual platform breakdown.

Probably gonna pick it up on my 360 when it drops in a couple weeks.

Rose
03-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Also damn Wii U had a good month, no idea what made it sell well considering DK:TF didn't exactly perform great. 130K in 8 days. Pretty good for the install base, but I don't think Nintendo is proud or disappointed by those numbers.

lilgodfather1
03-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Also damn Wii U had a good month, no idea what made it sell well considering DK:TF didn't exactly perform great. 130K in 8 days. Pretty good for the install base, but I don't think Nintendo is proud or disappointed by those numbers.
Well it had a good month by wii u standards... If ps4 or one had sold like that someone would be getting fired lol. Btw I've never been a big donkey kong fan, but since I'm starving for games I picked it up, and I must say it is very challenging for a "kiddie" game. The install base in the us is somewhere around 2.2 million for wii u, if I am correct, so 7% or so of the userbase picking the game up is actually worrisome I would think. Still fun game, and ninty games always seem to have good legs, so who knows maybe it can hit a decent amount by years end.

I thought about picking titanfall up on the 360 I got as a gift a couple years back, but honestly I'm pretty much shooter'd out. I bought bf4, and ghosts, and I haven't touched cod in about 2 weeks, and before that I was only playing a match or two then shutting it off. As for bf4 I haven't touched it since ps4 launch day. The troubles it had, and still has put me off of it. Can't sell it because digital.

Another big problem I have with buying titanfall is I never bought gold for 360, since all my friends played on ps3, and I was never a halo fan, so I never bothered. Now I've got ps+ for ps4 (which is bullish... suck fony) to play online, so buying tf means another 60 bucks. Pretty much not paying 130 bucks for a single game.

Rose
03-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Well it had a good month by wii u standards... If ps4 or one had sold like that someone would be getting fired lol. Btw I've never been a big donkey kong fan, but since I'm starving for games I picked it up, and I must say it is very challenging for a "kiddie" game. The install base in the us is somewhere around 2.2 million for wii u, if I am correct, so 7% or so of the userbase picking the game up is actually worrisome I would think. Still fun game, and ninty games always seem to have good legs, so who knows maybe it can hit a decent amount by years end.

I thought about picking titanfall up on the 360 I got as a gift a couple years back, but honestly I'm pretty much shooter'd out. I bought bf4, and ghosts, and I haven't touched cod in about 2 weeks, and before that I was only playing a match or two then shutting it off. As for bf4 I haven't touched it since ps4 launch day. The troubles it had, and still has put me off of it. Can't sell it because digital.

Another big problem I have with buying titanfall is I never bought gold for 360, since all my friends played on ps3, and I was never a halo fan, so I never bothered. Now I've got ps+ for ps4 (which is bullish... suck fony) to play online, so buying tf means another 60 bucks. Pretty much not paying 130 bucks for a single game.
Yeah by Nintendo standards. I think it's the 4th biggest month it's had. So props there. DK:TF is probably the hardest platformer I've ever played. I died on the first boss 12 times before I finally beat it. :facepalm I think it's not that bad because DK is one of the lesser used?(not sure on the right word) Nintendo guys, and there's some major platformer fatigue amongst the Wii U fanbase.

Besides when almost (and I do mean literally almost) every person has NSMBU and something like 75% has 3D World, they know they're doing a good job on the Mario front. Plus that's only 8 days sale.

BF4 is soooo soooooooo much better now. It never crashes anymore, the servers are stable 85% of the time. The bad 15 comes from conquest large, which is up and down depending on the server patch. The problem with the game now is they fix 1 thing and break 2-3 more things.:facepalm

Aw yeah I can't blame you for not buying Titanfall then. Complete waste of a purchase.

Undisputed
03-14-2014, 10:50 PM
It's funny how a lot of the PS3 owners are still mad that you have to pay for your subscription to play online on the 4. PSN was probably good enough for you when it was free, but XBox Live shit all over it in every single way. XBL was a big reason I chose the 360 over the PS3 last gen. It would be impossible for PSN to compete with XBL if they keep giving their service away for free. And how do you expect them to maintain good security for it's users with no funds?

I am glad Sony is charging now, the service is and will become much better for it.

lilgodfather1
03-15-2014, 08:59 PM
It's funny how a lot of the PS3 owners are still mad that you have to pay for your subscription to play online on the 4. PSN was probably good enough for you when it was free, but XBox Live shit all over it in every single way. XBL was a big reason I chose the 360 over the PS3 last gen. It would be impossible for PSN to compete with XBL if they keep giving their service away for free. And how do you expect them to maintain good security for it's users with no funds?

I am glad Sony is charging now, the service is and will become much better for it.
Sorry that we don't want to pay to use our own internet connections. 90 bucks a month for my internet, and another 5 bucks a month is just not necessary. If you morons that paid for live didn't pay for it then we wouldn't be forced to pay to use our own internet connections in the first place, but you know what the 30ish million dummies that paid for live showed mega corps? Hey screw us over, make us pay two times for something that I already pay for.

Microsoft has been nothing but a detriment to the video games industry as a whole in my eyes. Seriously try and think of one good thing they have done for gamers, gotta think hard about it right? I can think of a couple pretty bad things they have done for gamers in a heartbeat. DRM, and paid subscriptions.

I swear to god if you say halo... bungie would have made halo regardless, epic would have made gears regardless, etc.

Anyways as for xbox live being better than psn, prove it. Games that had dedicated servers had them on both, games that had p2p servers had them on both. All you got for xbox live is a placebo effect. If you're told it's better it is. That was true for at least 5 years, hell it still might be, I'm not sure.

I don't blame sony for charging online play now. Why shouldn't they? Ms, and morons showed them they were leaving billions on the table by not charging for online.

Sorry if I came off rude. The subject of paywalls pisses me off. I find it rediculous, and when consumers offer corporations their rights, the corporations will take them.

@rose

No kidding on the platformer fatigue lol. I bought my wii u mainly for zelda. I kinda like an odd mario game, but damn every game is mario, or another platformer. Kinda excited for bayo, and x, but don't know too much about x though.

Don't know if I will buy kart, but smash I am day 1!

As for bf4, I broke the cardinal rule, don't buy ea games! It's something I try not to do, but I often fall into the hype. Dragon age is my one exception, and apparently bf4 lol. I might give it a whirl sometime, I'm just glad I didn't buy elite like I bought the ghosts season pass.

CelticBaller
03-15-2014, 09:41 PM
There's a reason why 360 had faster updates, more doc exclusives and was never taken down, you paid top dollar for it

lilgodfather1
03-15-2014, 10:32 PM
There's a reason why 360 had faster updates, more doc exclusives and was never taken down, you paid top dollar for it
The 360 had better download speeds because of 1 of two reasons, either you had a download on 360 on a low traffic time, and the ps3 at a high traffic time. Or you were using wireless, because the ps3 wifi quite frankly sucked, even for it's time. Using wifi on a console is a waste anyways, but I do see the need for some. Not everyone can run a 50ft cord, I get that.

Maybe im wrong, but when I downloaded stick of truth the other day it took 25 mins. Don't know how long it would take on 360, but can't get much faster than that.

Edit: and I would never argue ps3 didn't have serious design flaws. It was a horrible system at launch. They made the thing incredibly difficult to work with, and it showed in nearly every single game.

It came around as the devs got used to it, but very rarely did it ever get the best version of games. The savings of 60 a year, and blu ray made it worth it to me, but the system had real problems. Ps4 doesn't have anywhere near the media functions of the ps3 or 360, and the lack of interesting games until friday make it a paperweight, but games will come, and so will the media stuff for the one, there is no way to patch in 50% gpu power to make up graphical differences, so it will always be hamstrung. Ps3 and 360 were just so different with 360 having a good gpu, but weak cpu, and unified ram, and ps3 havimg split ram, weak gpu, and a powerful (even to this day) cpu.

Sony got cocky, like ninty after the snes to n64 transition. They decided that they would force devs to make games to their hardware, not just make games. It bit them hard, as it should have.ms on the other hand built a machine that was much easier to code for, and it really showed, skyrim, and bayonetta being the two best examples I can think of.

Sony learned, ms is about to learn, you make developers happy by giving them something easy to work with, and they will reward you with good games, you don't, and you get the worst version of games.

The biggest difference between the 1/4 add the 360/3 comparison is the 4 holds every advantage, it's more powerful, and easier, where as with the 360/3, each had an advantage. 360 was easier to work with, while ps3 had a powerful cpu. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 years from now 720p games on ps4, and sub hd games on the one, once devs really grit their teeth and flex the graphics muscles.

Rose
03-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Gold was completely revolutionary on its own. It created a whole new generation of gamers who played online that would never play multiplayer unless friends were over. Made it so you didn't need a pc to play games online. Catered to the casual person who liked playing multiplayer games, but didn't have friends that wanted to play pc games. Which in turn ushered in the entire era of console gaming we have now where (for better or worse) FPS are dominant.

Made it so you can have an all in one-ish set top box (xbone with cable) instead of having a console and cable box. If you're fortunate now you don't need the cable box anymore.

Where M$ went wrong was upping the cost from 40-50 because they got ESPN. Then upping 10 more in a recession because....:confusedshrug: And hiding everything behind a paywall. They made up for that by consistently updating the dashboard, getting new apps, (Netflix, HBO GO, Amazon etc etc), having servers that almost never went down last generation, and having party chat amongst other things. Honestly, if PSN+ wasn't the best bargain in gaming there still would have been a slim chance I would have went xbone. But I'm not paying 60 a year (although usually you can find it for 40) for the same shit behind a paywall. When the nearest competitor has a cheaper, comparable service.

Do I think that charging for online gaming is a bitch and completely unfair? Yes, but I'm also not willing to build my own pc right now. Am I glad Sony decided to charge for online service? Absolutely. I love getting free games, having party chat, etc etc. That to me is absolutely 100% worth it. But I almost certainly won't get an xbone this generation because I'm not paying for online on two systems. Personally, I think gold was a terrific thing for the xbox, brilliant idea, just the company got greedy and hasn't made it worth the purchase this generation, and really not since PS+ launched.

Rose
03-16-2014, 10:19 PM
No kidding on the platformer fatigue lol. I bought my wii u mainly for zelda. I kinda like an odd mario game, but damn every game is mario, or another platformer. Kinda excited for bayo, and x, but don't know too much about x though.

Don't know if I will buy kart, but smash I am day 1!

As for bf4, I broke the cardinal rule, don't buy ea games! It's something I try not to do, but I often fall into the hype. Dragon age is my one exception, and apparently bf4 lol. I might give it a whirl sometime, I'm just glad I didn't buy elite like I bought the ghosts season pass.
Dammit 3D world is fantastic!!! Platformer or not!

Not a lot is known about X, but the developer has a kinda short history but a solid one. Right now and probably for the next three or so quarters the main thing will be indie games like it was for the 3DS, then hopefully like the 3DS Nintendo has so much shit coming out for it regularly that it doesn't matter that there's no third party support.

Undisputed
03-17-2014, 09:11 AM
Sorry that we don't want to pay to use our own internet connections. 90 bucks a month for my internet, and another 5 bucks a month is just not necessary. If you morons that paid for live didn't pay for it then we wouldn't be forced to pay to use our own internet connections in the first place, but you know what the 30ish million dummies that paid for live showed mega corps? Hey screw us over, make us pay two times for something that I already pay for.

Microsoft has been nothing but a detriment to the video games industry as a whole in my eyes. Seriously try and think of one good thing they have done for gamers, gotta think hard about it right? I can think of a couple pretty bad things they have done for gamers in a heartbeat. DRM, and paid subscriptions.

I swear to god if you say halo... bungie would have made halo regardless, epic would have made gears regardless, etc.

Anyways as for xbox live being better than psn, prove it. Games that had dedicated servers had them on both, games that had p2p servers had them on both. All you got for xbox live is a placebo effect. If you're told it's better it is. That was true for at least 5 years, hell it still might be, I'm not sure.

I don't blame sony for charging online play now. Why shouldn't they? Ms, and morons showed them they were leaving billions on the table by not charging for online.

Sorry if I came off rude. The subject of paywalls pisses me off. I find it rediculous, and when consumers offer corporations their rights, the corporations will take them.

X-Box Live was vastly superior than PSN was last gen. You can bitch, moan, whine, and finish the piss poor book you just wrote here, but it doesn't change the fact that PSN was inferior to Live as an online service, and the quality was never up to Live in any way. I don't need to go into all the details, nor am I inspired enough with this argument to do so. Any gamer that experienced both services knows this, unless they're a bias because of brand or the fact that you don't have to pay for one.

I don't like paying for subscriptions, but hell, I don't like paying for gas and insurance for a damn car I already bought, I don't like buying batteries for product I already paid for, and I don't like paying taxes on a house I own every year, but it's the way of life. If you work for a living and have enough money to buy a damn gaming console, then you shouldn't have an issue affording small subscription prices for something you will use. There is no way something like online gaming on consoles can remain free and continue to maintain the network properly in this day and age.

We're all morons as consumers in some way. I will gladly pay for my consoles online subscription if that means it will continue to improve, keep it's users secure, and keeping the brand I invested in competitive.

I'm sure that free service was excellent for you when there were outages for nearly a month and hackers were able to steal 77 million PSN account passwords and credit card information...God I'm a moron for using X-Box Live. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Undisputed
03-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Btw, I do agree with you that Microsoft is a piece of evil shit when it comes to what they have done to the gaming industry. I am just saying that paying for services like Live and PSN was inevitable and totally justifiable considering the social and entertainment content that is being demanded from them...and of course, the security maintenance to protect all of your information(which costs money).

LJJ
03-17-2014, 09:45 AM
X-Box Live was vastly superior than PSN was last gen. You can bitch, moan, whine, and finish the piss poor book you just wrote here, but it doesn't change the fact that PSN was inferior to Live as an online service, and the quality was never up to Live in any way. I don't need to go into all the details, nor am I inspired enough with this argument to do so. Any gamer that experienced both services knows this, unless they're a bias because of brand or the fact that you don't have to pay for one.

Xbox live was a superior service to PSN, right up until PS+ started getting good. Sony's paid subscription plan put Microsoft's to shame, still does.

lilgodfather1
03-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Gold was completely revolutionary on its own. It created a whole new generation of gamers who played online that would never play multiplayer unless friends were over. Made it so you didn't need a pc to play games online. Catered to the casual person who liked playing multiplayer games, but didn't have friends that wanted to play pc games. Which in turn ushered in the entire era of console gaming we have now where (for better or worse) FPS are dominant.

Made it so you can have an all in one-ish set top box (xbone with cable) instead of having a console and cable box. If you're fortunate now you don't need the cable box anymore.

Where M$ went wrong was upping the cost from 40-50 because they got ESPN. Then upping 10 more in a recession because....:confusedshrug: And hiding everything behind a paywall. They made up for that by consistently updating the dashboard, getting new apps, (Netflix, HBO GO, Amazon etc etc), having servers that almost never went down last generation, and having party chat amongst other things. Honestly, if PSN+ wasn't the best bargain in gaming there still would have been a slim chance I would have went xbone. But I'm not paying 60 a year (although usually you can find it for 40) for the same shit behind a paywall. When the nearest competitor has a cheaper, comparable service.

Do I think that charging for online gaming is a bitch and completely unfair? Yes, but I'm also not willing to build my own pc right now. Am I glad Sony decided to charge for online service? Absolutely. I love getting free games, having party chat, etc etc. That to me is absolutely 100% worth it. But I almost certainly won't get an xbone this generation because I'm not paying for online on two systems. Personally, I think gold was a terrific thing for the xbox, brilliant idea, just the company got greedy and hasn't made it worth the purchase this generation, and really not since PS+ launched.
Pretty sure even dreamcast had online functionality, but yes let us give credit for microsoft for creating online gaming...

I didn't play 3d world. Hear it is a goty candidate though, so it is on my list eventually.

An all in one set top box, if you live in north America you mean. They patched it for the uk, but you can't use snap to watch tv because the one will recognize the 60hz of the game, not the 50hz of the broadcast.

@ undisputed

Certain things were superior, party system, and achievem being the most obvious. But factually the actual gaming aspect of the services were the same. Ms made you pay for p2p servers.

I don't think ms is evil, just money sucking. They like to nickel and dime you, and now sony is followin, because why wouldn't they.

Steam seems to do an alright job of protecting info, no sub there right? Origin seems to do fine, again no sub. Psn got hacked because sony was/is incompetant. They used cheap protection measures, and got caught with their pants down.

Ms, apple, amazon, nobody is safe from hacking. If anonymous wanted to destroy these companies infrastructure they would. It might be harder than psn, but it could happen.

jaydacris
03-17-2014, 06:07 PM
ps4 price raise in Canada to $449.00 :(

Undisputed
03-17-2014, 07:32 PM
ps4 price raise in Canada to $449.00 :(
What was the reason for this? I am out of the loop on this news.

jaydacris
03-17-2014, 09:00 PM
What was the reason for this? I am out of the loop on this news.
sony said it was due to the declining value of the Canadian dollar

i already got my ps4, so phew... but they are raising game prices too

59dollars for new games to 69 dollars for new games... :(

Draz
03-19-2014, 03:58 PM
$70 for games? I'll pass for now.

outbreak
03-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Pretty sure even dreamcast had online functionality, but yes let us give credit for microsoft for creating online gaming...

I didn't play 3d world. Hear it is a goty candidate though, so it is on my list eventually.

An all in one set top box, if you live in north America you mean. They patched it for the uk, but you can't use snap to watch tv because the one will recognize the 60hz of the game, not the 50hz of the broadcast.

@ undisputed

Certain things were superior, party system, and achievem being the most obvious. But factually the actual gaming aspect of the services were the same. Ms made you pay for p2p servers.

I don't think ms is evil, just money sucking. They like to nickel and dime you, and now sony is followin, because why wouldn't they.

Steam seems to do an alright job of protecting info, no sub there right? Origin seems to do fine, again no sub. Psn got hacked because sony was/is incompetant. They used cheap protection measures, and got caught with their pants down.

Ms, apple, amazon, nobody is safe from hacking. If anonymous wanted to destroy these companies infrastructure they would. It might be harder than psn, but it could happen.

you really going to act like psn was the same as microsoft live? Fanboy status confirmed....

CarlosBoozer
03-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Got my second controller for the ps4 http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/24814/2532538-9901586357-ku-xl.png

lilgodfather1
03-20-2014, 04:29 PM
you really going to act like psn was the same as microsoft live? Fanboy status confirmed....
I understand peoples need to justify their purchases. If calling me a fanboy helps you with that than so be it. I tore the ps3, and ps4 apart in this very thread, but yes I am nothing but a frothing sony pony.

Brujesino
03-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Got my second controller for the ps4 http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/24814/2532538-9901586357-ku-xl.png
I like the color of it for some reason.I think the touch pad is ugly as **** though.

lilgodfather1
03-21-2014, 03:38 PM
For anyone interested, apparently the titanfall bundle is down to 449 at a few retailers. If you are one of the people who bought the Titanfall bundle last week, go price match to get some money back. The difference would be roughly the cost of a game.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-21-2014, 03:53 PM
How loud is the Xbox one? Does it sound like a jet engine like the 360?

TheReal Kendall
03-21-2014, 05:39 PM
How loud is the Xbox one? Does it sound like a jet engine like the 360?

It's quiet. I barely hear it while playing.

Has anyone had problems with the homepage on the Xbox one not loading up the apps?

Mine has been doing this for a week now

magnax1
03-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Im hoping someone will come out with a PS4 controller designed like the 360 controller. By far the best controller ever.

Undisputed
03-26-2014, 05:52 PM
Im hoping someone will come out with a PS4 controller designed like the 360 controller. By far the best controller ever.
Best controller ever for shooting games. I feel the Dualshock 4 is an all around better controller. I play fighting games mostly, so a good D-Pad is essential, and the 360 happened to have the worst D-Pad of all time.

$LakerGold
03-26-2014, 06:13 PM
The L/R button for my PS4 controller have all been making stupid annoying noises now every time I push them.

Overall, I feel like this is best controller ever. The way it's designed. Just wow.

lilgodfather1
03-27-2014, 01:11 PM
I personally don't like the ds4 sticks. Everything else is far better than the ds3 though. The sticks just feel too stiff to me. I'll get used to it, but not a fan as of now. The one's sticks seem a lot better, at least during forza it did. Still don't like the dpad on xbox though. Weird placement.

Undisputed
03-27-2014, 08:29 PM
I personally don't like the ds4 sticks. Everything else is far better than the ds3 though. The sticks just feel too stiff to me. I'll get used to it, but not a fan as of now. The one's sticks seem a lot better, at least during forza it did. Still don't like the dpad on xbox though. Weird placement.
Stiff? I thought the sticks needs a bit more tension. On my controller, the sticks feel a bit too twitchy for me, a little more tension would be nice, but maybe it's just my controller? Unless, you mean something different when you say stiff. I much preferred the sticks when I started using a KontrolFreek made for the 360 on my right thumb stick of the DS4. Much better control over my aim now.

lilgodfather1
03-28-2014, 07:43 AM
Stiff? I thought the sticks needs a bit more tension. On my controller, the sticks feel a bit too twitchy for me, a little more tension would be nice, but maybe it's just my controller? Unless, you mean something different when you say stiff. I much preferred the sticks when I started using a KontrolFreek made for the 360 on my right thumb stick of the DS4. Much better control over my aim now.
What I mean is I feel like I have to jam it side to side to turn the camera. I used the ps3 sticks, basically every day for 6 and a half years, so adjusting to such a revamped controller is understandable I guess. With ds3 I had perfect control, with ds4 in games with shooting, I'm a hack lol.

Ai2death
03-28-2014, 08:21 PM
The L/R button for my PS4 controller have all been making stupid annoying noises now every time I push them.

Overall, I feel like this is best controller ever. The way it's designed. Just wow.

Get a bit of WD40 or whatever it's called where you are eg. Rost Off, CRC, HHS, Yield etc. etc.
& Spray just a touch next to the buttons

TheReal Kendall
04-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Just got a PS4 Sunday, so now I have both.

The PS4 controller feels a lot better then the X1 and the system actually feels like a gaming console and not a gimmick.

I love that they have free games also. I probably buy all my games for the PS4 unless they're Xbox exclusives.

Brujesino
04-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Just got a PS4 Sunday, so now I have both.

The PS4 controller feels a lot better then the X1 and the system actually feels like a gaming console and not a gimmick.

I love that they have free games also. I probably buy all my games for the PS4 unless they're Xbox exclusives.
Since you have money can you buy me a next gen console?Either one will do thanks.

lilgodfather1
04-17-2014, 09:41 PM
So ps4 beat xbone by 60k (apparently) in the us 311k to 371k.

Not looking good for ms. Titanfall launch, bundle with the console, and the best us deal I saw was 450 including tf and a year of gold.

Tf the best seller of the month.

Edit: sony announced 7 million ps4s sold, ms announced 5 million shipped. Ms only shipped 1.1 million consoles this year, sony sold 1 million consoles last month...

Rose
04-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Newegg has a ridiculously good deal for the Xbone right now.
Console comes with titanfall and forza 5 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105084&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-Xbox%20One%20System-_-Microsoft-_-68105084&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=6335121&SID=)

Honestly I'm tempted to pick that up.

Mr Exlax
04-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Newegg has a ridiculously good deal for the Xbone right now.
Console comes with titanfall and forza 5 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105084&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-Xbox%20One%20System-_-Microsoft-_-68105084&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=6335121&SID=)

Honestly I'm tempted to pick that up.

Get it. You won't be disappointed. Forza is amazing. I am kinda bored with Titanfall. I think I'm the only person that doesn't like Titanfall on XB1 and Infamous on PS4 lol.

$LakerGold
04-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Since you have money can you buy me a next gen console?Either one will do thanks.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

lilgodfather1
04-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Add one more game to sonys fall line up, driveclub october 8th. Looks pretty bare for xbox, but maybe things will change for e3.

May - watchdogs, sony marketing, exclusive dlc
June - tlou remastered
September - destiny, sony marketing, dlc deal
October - driveclub, ass creed

Then potential 2014 games like the order, and uncharted. Could be a big end of the year for sony. Not so much for ms, they got... call of duty, and an obscure game sunset overdrive.

Shade8780
04-30-2014, 03:44 PM
If MS didnt have exclusive legends in FIFA UT and early map packs in COD that PS4 dont get, they would have a lot less sales too.

PS4 is easily the better, and more popular system.

lilgodfather1
05-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Ps4 sold a measly 199k in april in the US, xbox one sold a horrible 115k.

It does make sense, I mean nothing came out for either machine. May is going to be horrible for xbox, I wouldn't be surprised if it was under 70k with the price cut announcement starting june 9th.

Watch Dogs this month, so ps4 sales should rebound nicely considering the marketing.

Rose
05-16-2014, 07:59 PM
I doubt PS4 "rebounds" People are gonna wait and see if E3 brings a bundle.

It's what I may or may not be doing for the halo 2 remake. :D

lilgodfather1
05-17-2014, 09:29 PM
I doubt PS4 "rebounds" People are gonna wait and see if E3 brings a bundle.

It's what I may or may not be doing for the halo 2 remake. :D
I don

Brujo
05-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Who the **** cares if it "rebounds" or not.

lilgodfather1
05-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Who the **** cares if it "rebounds" or not.
Well if you play video games you should. The faster current gen gets picked up by the masses, the faster the dinosaurs get dropped. We need to ditch ps360.

Brujesino
05-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Well if you play video games you should. The faster current gen gets picked up by the masses, the faster the dinosaurs get dropped. We need to ditch ps360.
those are still great consoles though

lilgodfather1
05-21-2014, 03:40 PM
those are still great consoles though
Not really in 2014. In 2008 yep, in 2010 maybe. In 2014 they are just holding back the development of games. They make it more expensive to port games because the games have to work on ps360. A ps4/xb1 is more or less a pc. It will be incredibly economical to build games for pc, and port them to consoles once ps360 gets dropped.

Besides they hold back graphics for the new consoles, and pcs. Hopefully 2014 is the last year ps360 games are made.

Heavincent
05-22-2014, 03:46 AM
Not really in 2014. In 2008 yep, in 2010 maybe. In 2014 they are just holding back the development of games. They make it more expensive to port games because the games have to work on ps360. A ps4/xb1 is more or less a pc. It will be incredibly economical to build games for pc, and port them to consoles once ps360 gets dropped.

Besides they hold back graphics for the new consoles, and pcs. Hopefully 2014 is the last year ps360 games are made.

They are still great consoles, but I agree. Cross gen games need to die.

I really hope The Phantom Pain is PS4/XB1/PC only. I don't want it being held back by ancient hardware.

lilgodfather1
05-22-2014, 11:21 AM
They are still great consoles, but I agree. Cross gen games need to die.

I really hope The Phantom Pain is PS4/XB1/PC only. I don't want it being held back by ancient hardware.
Well especially with last gen sales falling off a cliff the past year, and more so likely this year. The return on investment will likely not be worth the risk by the end of this year. If the ps4 continues selling the way it has been, it will likely be at 500-700k sales a month over the next five months of sales (may, june, july, august, september), giving it around 9.5 to 11 million of total sales going into the best sales period of the year. It wouldn't be a surprise if it sold nearly 2 million a month in Nov and Dec, and maybe a million in october.

A 13 month total could have the ps4 around 20 million if everything went absolutely perfect for them. More realistically they would be looking at 16 million.

Now if we say the xb1 worst case scenario is 50% of ps4s sales, and best case is 80% we would be looking at anywhere between 24 million and 28 million next gen sales. If ps4 does 20 million the numbers balloon to 30 million to 36 million consoles sold.

Hopefully the latter happens, although very unlikely. That should be enough to stop cross gen development. I hope at least.

Qwyjibo
09-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Well, I might have bought a PS4.

Amazon.ca had a pricing error for a couple hours and listed the PS4-The Last of Us bundle at $339.99 before changing it to the correct $399.99. I got an order in. We'll see if they honour the price.

Draz
10-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Girlfriend got me the ps4 for my birthday the 27th. For the few days I've been playing, coming from Xbox 360 competitive gaming on COD my biggest fear was the controller. Easily, it's noticeable that controller has been upgraded. I'm enjoying it very much. I haven't tried any cods on it yet, but what I can say is I'll make the switch in a few more weeks when it comes to the controller.

The system is great. I enjoy the graphics, only played killzone. Eye candy for sure. PS3s latest killzone was similar graphics however. Gameplay wise I didn't spend much time on the PS3 version but I'm getting used to shadow Fall.

The operating system feels very simple. I grew up with PS1 and PSP. Competitive gaming I did on the 360. I just can't support Microsoft anymore. I'm hoping some new exclusives come out, as well as the older ones. While the simplicity of the os is nice but it easily has gotten boring. Perhaps an update will fix that in the future.

TylerOO
10-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Copping Xbone tomorrow for 2k. Leggo

Qwyjibo
10-06-2014, 01:02 AM
Copping Xbone tomorrow for 2k. Leggo
That's kinda expensive. I'm sure you can find a better deal somewhere else.

TylerOO
10-06-2014, 01:16 AM
That's kinda expensive. I'm sure you can find a better deal somewhere else.

:yaohappy:

Draz
10-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Battlefield 4 is amazing on PS4. I must say the graphics on the next Gen is definitely noticeable. The games play smooth. So much shit was put into BF4. Planes flying over sends the trees to shake and the leaves swirling.

I'm noticing with the 2 games and demos I have downloaded I am close to running out of space in no time. I'm sure the PS4 allows upgrading the HD and the X1 doesn't. For now I'm sure the PS4 doesn't allow external HD but I'm sure they will.

How does game sharing work on here?

I like the uploading capability on here. Haven't used it yet but it seems simple and I believe it's 15 minutes of upload cap compared to X1s 5 minute cap.

You can also stream on this, which is great. Link it to twitch and give users your link. I'm going to be using this a lot too.

Competitive wise, I'd have to wait and see how COD Advance Warfare does, I know Xbox runs the competitive at a larger scale for COD.

magic chiongson
10-14-2014, 11:43 AM
which one is better for motion-sensor types of games? i'm gonna buy one for my dad, he liked the sports games on the xbox 360.

Ai2death
10-14-2014, 04:07 PM
which one is better for motion-sensor types of games? i'm gonna buy one for my dad, he liked the sports games on the xbox 360.

Doing the real sport. Motion Sensor still has many flaws. But best would probably be the Wii U

magic chiongson
10-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Doing the real sport. Motion Sensor still has many flaws. But best would probably be the Wii U

thanks, i'll consider the wii u. also, he's too old for the real sport :/

Draz
10-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Can't stand the wii u controllers which is why I didn't and can't buy it

Kungfro
10-14-2014, 05:51 PM
The Wii U pro controller is great, maybe my favorite of this gen.

http://media.engadget.com/img/products/465/9yy6/9yy6-800.jpg

outbreak
10-14-2014, 05:59 PM

I actually like the wii u gamepad after using it for awhile. Much more comfortable than I expected and much more comfortable once I spent some real time with it.

Draz
10-14-2014, 06:12 PM
I actually like the wii u gamepad after using it for awhile. Much more comfortable than I expected and much more comfortable once I spent some real time with it.
But there's only one game pad, everyone else uses the old wii remote right. And that controller is what, $60 and above?

Just buying the console alone you'd have to buy the controller at those prices to match current or last Gen controls. They fd up on that part imo

outbreak
10-14-2014, 06:27 PM
But there's only one game pad, everyone else uses the old wii remote right. And that controller is what, $60 and above?

Just buying the console alone you'd have to buy the controller at those prices to match current or last Gen controls. They fd up on that part imo

Not sure I follow that reasoning. There's only one gamepad but there's only one controller with my xbox too. By gamepad I mean the controller the console comes with. The wii u pro controller is what I'd recommend as a second controller and is cheaper than a second controller for the xbox or ps. Either way though I much prefer my xbox but the wii u is still worth buying if you can find it cheap as a second console.

LJJ
10-14-2014, 06:31 PM
The Wii U pro controller is great, maybe my favorite of this gen.

Too bad it doesn't come with the Wii U and it doesn't have triggers, but otherwise a great controller. Great battery life.

That's the one thing with the PS4 controller. The buttons are all great and properly placed this time. I love that I can plug my headphones into it. Great that it has all these useless features like the touch pad, light bar, speaker and motion controls. But the battery life is shite, you get about 5 hours out of the thing.

Draz
10-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Too bad it doesn't come with the Wii U and it doesn't have triggers, but otherwise a great controller. Great battery life.

That's the one thing with the PS4 controller. The buttons are all great and properly placed this time. I love that I can plug my headphones into it. Great that it has all these useless features like the touch pad, light bar, speaker and motion controls. But the battery life is shite, you get about 5 hours out of the thing.
You get 5 hours? Is that the ultra battery ps4 controller you have? I get like 3 to 4 and I barely used my ps4 yet.

LJJ
10-15-2014, 09:49 AM
You get 5 hours? Is that the ultra battery ps4 controller you have? I get like 3 to 4 and I barely used my ps4 yet.

I'm being optimistic here. :oldlol: I almost never sit down and game for 5 hours at a time anyway, I just know that it's noticably much worse than the controllers of the previous generation.

Draz
10-15-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm being optimistic here. :oldlol: I almost never sit down and game for 5 hours at a time anyway, I just know that it's noticably much worse than the controllers of the previous generation.
I figured.

They should of just let removable batteries be an option. I prefer battery packs. Also, the controller is however a huge upgrade from ps3. Other than the battery of course. It must be the light beam motion sensor gyro being on at all times.

outbreak
10-15-2014, 05:02 PM
I figured.

They should of just let removable batteries be an option. I prefer battery packs. Also, the controller is however a huge upgrade from ps3. Other than the battery of course. It must be the light beam motion sensor gyro being on at all times.

Has yours worn out quickly? I know 3 people who picked up ps4s and all have had the thumbsticks wear out within a couple of months and one friend had the casing start coming apart at the seam so that holding the controller has a sharp edging where they should meet. They do feel really nice though, I never liked the ps3 controller but the ps4 is good.

Draz
10-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Has yours worn out quickly? I know 3 people who picked up ps4s and all have had the thumbsticks wear out within a couple of months and one friend had the casing start coming apart at the seam so that holding the controller has a sharp edging where they should meet. They do feel really nice though, I never liked the ps3 controller but the ps4 is good.
It hasn't. Maybe they're playing fighting games? I know that happens to the joysticks on ps4 controller they wear out quickly for fighters. The controller feels amazing though, perhaps even better than the 360s. xb1 control feels different, not as good as the best controller in the 360. Ps4 matched if not outdid the 360s controller.

You know how to take off the vibration on the ps4 though? That also kills battery and is bad for FPS games competitively.

outbreak
10-16-2014, 04:46 PM
It hasn't. Maybe they're playing fighting games? I know that happens to the joysticks on ps4 controller they wear out quickly for fighters. The controller feels amazing though, perhaps even better than the 360s. xb1 control feels different, not as good as the best controller in the 360. Ps4 matched if not outdid the 360s controller.

You know how to take off the vibration on the ps4 though? That also kills battery and is bad for FPS games competitively.

Nah I don't have a ps4 year myself have only played on friends consoles. I have an xbox one at the moment and I prefer that controller to the ps4s but at the same time when I eventually get a ps4 I know that this time around the controller won't piss me off every time I play.

Ai2death
10-16-2014, 05:15 PM
thanks, i'll consider the wii u. also, he's too old for the real sport :/

Yeah, i didn't quite mean like that, but personally, if i'm going to play a sports game, i like to use a proper controller.

Using motion sensing stuff just doesn't feel accurate enough for me to truely enjoy it.

Ai2death
10-16-2014, 05:17 PM
wii U pro controller is the best, built on the same cast as the 360 controller but doesn't have the annoying battery pack in the way and last heaps longer, i read somewhere that the battery can last up to 80 hrs???