PDA

View Full Version : Rubio can really PASS the ball. Next Magic?

LakersDaBEst
11-14-2013, 04:32 AM
Although his stats are not as impressive as "stars" PG, but Rubio can really pass the damn ball. He just gotta sharpen his jumper then he will be the next Magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km6Kpp4igs4

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2013, 04:33 AM
He's like a poor man's Kidd.

pauk
11-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Although his stats are not as impressive as "stars" PG, but Rubio can really pass the damn ball. He just gotta sharpen his jumper then he will be the next Magic.

Maybe he has to also grow 4-5 inches and 50-80 lbs first and dominate almost all other positions.... :)

BigTicket
11-14-2013, 04:53 AM
There's no doubt he's a great passer, but the problem is that he's one of the worst scorers in the league, which really limits his effectiveness.

If he could get his shooting numbers up to 42%+ then defenders would need to start guarding him more closely, which would open up his teammates and make his passing even more efficient.

This is one of the main advantages that Nash always had, his shooting is so deadly that you can't possible leave him open.

FKAri
11-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Rubio is only good at passing.

Awful at shooting, awful at defense.

whaaat? lmao

BoutPractice
11-14-2013, 04:56 AM
I can't help but think that he is one of the best point guards in the league regardless of raw stats (I felt the same about Rondo before he broke out). He's got something that most of them lack - pure court vision and understanding of the game. If he ever decides to get himself a reliable jumpshot, he instantly becomes an elite player.

VIntageNOvel
11-14-2013, 04:57 AM

typical ISHer,
never watch the game,
yet judge a player based on boxscore and stereotype (that white people = unathletic? = cant defend shit?)
he is their best defender

BoutPractice
11-14-2013, 04:58 AM
I think it's also because he reminds people of Nash, but he's closer to Kidd, Rondo, and Stockton (not that he's as good as those guys)

LakersDaBEst
11-14-2013, 04:59 AM

Actually no. Rubio is really good at defense.

Stop repping yourself with so many accounts because a ret@rd like you wouldn't have so many green bars. Especially April 2013..

BigTicket
11-14-2013, 05:06 AM
I think it's also because he reminds people of Nash, but he's closer to Kidd, Rondo, and Stockton (not that he's as good as those guys)

Of the three, I think the Stockton comparison is the closest in terms of style, but obviously he is nowhere near as good.

FKAri
11-14-2013, 05:07 AM
Of the three, I think the Stockton comparison is the closest in terms of style, but obviously he is nowhere near as good.

I'd go with Rondo without the rebounding.

East_Stone_Ya
11-14-2013, 05:14 AM
next Magic?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-q8sqPS1ZLFs/UFX4eCxwZjI/AAAAAAAADA0/klUUE2ZMbf8/s320/robert-deniro-laughing.gif

Inactive
11-14-2013, 05:19 AM
I'd go with Rondo without the rebounding.This.

SpurrDurr
11-14-2013, 05:19 AM
The only thing that he might have in common with Magic is AIDS.

Don't let this magic Wolves moment fool you, he's nothing more than an average PG.

roffie
11-14-2013, 05:33 AM
The only thing that he might have in common with Magic is AIDS.

Don't let this magic Wolves moment fool you, he's nothing more than an average PG.

LOL WTF.. gtfo of here.

Bigsmoke
11-14-2013, 05:37 AM

Magic can score too. Rubio can't consistently

KyleKong
11-14-2013, 05:42 AM
Actually no. Rubio is really good at defense.

Stop repping yourself with so many accounts because a ret@rd like you wouldn't have so many green bars. Especially April 2013..

Granted, I don't watch nearly as much Timberwolves games as I should, but from what I've seen Rubio is just a ball thief. If I am wrong on that, than I am wrong on that, no problem.

and FYI, I don't have any alt accounts, I found this website in January of 2013. :lol

Must feel salty people like me more than you.

Asukal
11-14-2013, 05:50 AM
Next Magic? looool... not even close. :rolleyes:

Ancient Legend
11-14-2013, 06:40 AM
He can pass no doubt and he plays great defense.

But it's staggering how Rubio shoots a pathethic FG% (.354 this year, .356 for his career), while attempting so few shoots per game. Kinda similar to young J-Kidd.

francesco totti
11-14-2013, 06:51 AM
if he develops his shooting, he be great. and even dish more assists if he draws some more defenders with some scoring threat.

robert de niro
11-14-2013, 10:08 AM
next Magic?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-q8sqPS1ZLFs/UFX4eCxwZjI/AAAAAAAADA0/klUUE2ZMbf8/s320/robert-deniro-laughing.gif

my face exactly

Scholar
11-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Rubio's passing ability is awe-inspiring. It's reminiscent of a younger Steve Nash.

B-Easy8
11-14-2013, 11:49 AM
I'd go with Rondo without the rebounding.

He is a very good rebounder for a PG. Got a triple double a few games ago.

His passing his obviously incredible and his D is very good as well. He is also first in the league in steals.

AirFederer
11-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Love his style :applause:

FireMcFailPlease
11-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Rubio can't play defense, he can't shoot, can't pass.

Loves fat, cant jump, slow, cant create his own shot, can't defend.

FireMcFailPlease
11-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Rubio is the best passer in the league. His feel for the game is unbelievable. He knows what you're going to do with the ball before you even know.

He's 2 steps ahead of everybody. it's a shame his shot can't go in consistantly. It does during practice-they say- but its broke as hell when the lights come on.

he's a magician with the ball and it's been a joy for him to architect the leagues best offense

SHAQisGOAT
11-14-2013, 12:50 PM
He's an amazing passer, great ball-handler also and can play D, but he's still far from a consistent/nice scorer and a reliable shooter. If he doesn't improve in those areas he can't be one of the very top pg's in the league.

As for next Magic, just no... Magic was considerably bigger, even a better passer, could run an offense better, was a really efficient scorer with his really good post-game and the way he could finish inside, really good rebounder also, plus he was never a great shooter by any means but he'd make teams pay if they gave him the same space as they do to a player like Ricky.

Rubio can't play defense, he can't shoot, can't pass.

Loves fat, cant jump, slow, cant create his own shot, can't defend.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Nastradamus
11-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Rubio is a stud. Gotta fix that shooting percentage, but the passing ability and defense are elite. He can be another Rondo or Kidd. He's a better passer than Rondo though. Rondo has probably never gotten a "hockey assist" in his career. Rubio makes the offense flow right.

SoCalLakersFan1
11-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Wait until he converts 50% of his layups over a season before making ridiculous comparisons.

La Frescobaldi
11-14-2013, 02:21 PM
He's an amazing passer, great ball-handler also and can play D, but he's still far from a consistent/nice scorer and a reliable shooter. If he doesn't improve in those areas he can't be one of the very top pg's in the league.

As for next Magic, just no... Magic was considerably bigger, even a better passer, could run an offense better, was a really efficient scorer with his really good post-game and the way he could finish inside, really good rebounder also, plus he was never a great shooter by any means but he'd make teams pay if they gave him the same space as they do to a player like Ricky.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
He's bein sarcastic bro. He's one of like 3 Wolves fans on ISH

Bigsmoke
11-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Rubio is the best passer in the league.

No he is not

FireMcFailPlease
11-14-2013, 03:26 PM
No he is not
Oh ok. Well thats just like, your opinion, man.

scm5
11-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Rubio is like a slightly lesser version of Rondo.

I would say they both have similar passing, rebounding, and defensive abilities but Rondo is a much more efficient scorer. Hell, Rondo's midrange game looks like Kobe's compared to Rubio.

Flash31
11-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Chris Paul is the best passer,playmaker in the League
followed by Rondo,Rubio

If you're comparing today's pg,playmakers to past goat pg it would go like this

Chris Paul=John Stockton
Rondo=Jason Kidd
LeBron=Magic
Rubio=Jason Kidd
Rose=Allen Iverson
RW=Steve Francis
Curry-Nash

The best pg in the league bar none is CP3
He has it all,playmaking,passing,defense,shooting,ft%

Rondo,Rubio have no offense
Rose,RW have no efficiency and aren't great playmakers,passers
Curry,Irving don't have much defense
Deron has become a shell of his all-star self
Jennings doesn't have efficiency or good offense
Tony Parker isn't good on defense

If Rubio can get an offense he'll be one of the best pg in the league

There are no Isiah Thomas,Gary Payton,Oscar Robertson players in the league

The three closest playmakers to all time goat pgs today are
LeBron-Magic,Penny
CP3-Stockton
Rondo-Jason Kidd

Micku
11-14-2013, 04:16 PM
In terms of passing skills, he's really good. He's not Magic tier passing, but he's probably the best passer of the NBA.

Too bad of his lack of his offensive capability. He defense is elite, passing and court version is elite as well.

I find it amazing how he is a very good FTs shooter, but can't make a jumpshot.

chips93
11-14-2013, 04:19 PM
does anybody makes this pass as well/often as rubio

http://i.minus.com/ibi088DM50Sanj.gif

hes made that pass more than the rest of the league combined

CeltsGarlic
11-14-2013, 04:22 PM
this gif is pure sex

Jailblazers7
11-14-2013, 04:41 PM
He's like a poor man's Kidd.

Yeah, I think that is a pretty decent comparison.

tobethdope
11-14-2013, 04:51 PM
however good he is, he is one of the most entertaining players in the leauge right now
there are less than 5 players in the leauge that make me watch games i usually wudnt, he is one of em

DuMa
11-14-2013, 04:55 PM
I call him the Spanish Jason Kidd

*Spanish meaning inferior

Rondo
11-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Rubio is a stud. Gotta fix that shooting percentage, but the passing ability and defense are elite. He can be another Rondo or Kidd. He's a better passer than Rondo though. Rondo has probably never gotten a "hockey assist" in his career. Rubio makes the offense flow right.

Debatable. I think he's just a bit flashier than Rondo for the most part.

outbreak
11-14-2013, 05:30 PM
he's a more flashy version of rondo but lacks the rebounding and the driving ability of rondo. He's a solid point guard if you have other guys who can carry the scoring load

HomieWeMajor
11-14-2013, 05:58 PM
White man's Rondo with less rebounding

Buzissa
11-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Only Ricky can play 34 mpg in a Playoff team with such scoring limitations. His elite passing and defense make up for that.
The Wolves look very good and their key pieces (Love and Rubio) are still young. Impossible not to be excited with this team:cheers:.

jdm_dc_fan
11-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Rondo is more efficient, better rebounder, defender, higher IQ, and a playoff performer. Rubio is a poor mans rondo but flashier passer.

La Frescobaldi
11-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Rondo is more efficient, better rebounder, defender, higher IQ, and a playoff performer. Rubio is a poor mans rondo but flashier passer.
efficient?
Rondo 2p% .499
Rubio 2p% .367

Rondo 3p% .241
Rubio 3p% .367

Rondo FT% .621
Rubio FT% .807
if you believe in eFG (being a Wilt/Shaq type guy, I tend to think it's mostly hogwash) then Rondo has advantage there.
USG% dead even.

Rebounding?
Rondo 4.5 RPG
Rubio 4.6 RPG
huh.

Rondo is not better than Rubio is, at any facet of defense. He's had better teammates so his so-called advanced defensive ratings look better. He's not better on ball, nor off-ball, doesn't get more steals, nor is he better in transition D. Rubio has destroyed at least 2 4on1 fast break opportunities this season which is elite.

rondo higher bb IQ than Rubio is lulz

Assists
Rondo to guys like Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett & Paul Pierce: 8.3 - 11
Rubio to guys like (D-league 10-day contract) Chris Johnson, Wes Johnson & Luke Ridnour: 7.7-8
Rubio to guys like Kevin Martin, Nikola Pekovic & Kevin Love: 9.7 & climbing

And last: how do you know Rondo is a better playoff performer? Rubio's Wolves have not been injury free long enough to know what Rubio will be like in the playoffs.
So really.......... your post needs a lot of work.

B-Easy8
11-14-2013, 08:22 PM
When his feet are set he is actually a pretty good shooter. He hits a decent amount of 3's due to this and he is shooting roughly 90% from the line.

When he is shooting off the dribble is the problem. It is awful watching him try those.