PDA

View Full Version : Shaq was right about Dwight the whole time

Nick Young
11-14-2013, 01:46 PM
I remember Shaqs comments on Dwight being a loser a few years ago, everyone was trashing Shaq. I personally thought the things Shaq was saying were insightful and spot on.

It turns out now, Shaq was right. Lettuce all forgive the big Aristotle.:bowdown:
http://images.cbssports.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img12962815.jpg

Mr. Jabbar
11-14-2013, 01:47 PM
ppl at that time: "shaq is bitter"
reality at that time: "nostradamus"

KyleKong
11-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Shaq saying someone is a loser is not insightful at all, that's just being salty. :oldlol:

I can't remember if it was Barkley, Kenny, or someone else that said his offensive game hasn't improved since he was 18 years old. Whoever said that, hit the nail.

CanYouDigIt
11-14-2013, 01:53 PM
The coon preached for Dwight to average Wilt numbers in a league filled with good post defenders and rebounders. :biggums:

Shaq didn't even average 28-15 during the regular season. He only average that number twice in the 2000 and 2001 Playoffs playing on a team with scrub rebounders.

Nick Young
11-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Shaq saying someone is a loser is not insightful at all, that's just being salty. :oldlol:

I can't remember if it was Barkley, Kenny, or someone else that said his offensive game hasn't improved since he was 18 years old. Whoever said that, hit the nail.
Shaq was saying all day Dwight didnt have killer instinct, was a bad scorer, had no fundamentals, etc and was TRASHED BY EVERYONE.

Shaq was right though! He knew exactly what he was saying!

Since 2009 Dwights game has only gone downhill. His offensive game is the same as ever and his defensive work rate also has gone down. He has a reputation as a defensive force but isn't really one. He gets away with a lot of goal tends that inflate his block stat for example.

CanYouDigIt
11-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Shaq was saying all day Dwight didnt have killer instinct, was a bad scorer, had no fundamentals, etc and was TRASHED BY EVERYONE.

Shaq was right though! He knew exactly what he was saying!

Since 2009 Dwights game has only gone downhill. His offensive game is the same as ever and his defensive work rate also has gone down. He has a reputation as a defensive force but isn't really one. He gets away with a lot of goal tends that inflate his block stat for example.
http://blogs.plos.org/obesitypanacea/files/2010/10/SaltShaker.jpg

Nick Young
11-14-2013, 02:02 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-l2f8Gm1vlxI/URHlx3CXkyI/AAAAAAAAAyE/sFHaioDnmCg/s1600/DWIGHT+CLOWN.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/black-sports-online-dwight-howard-to-voice-turkey-in-movie.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Dwight-Howard-Clown.jpg

http://aidanfromworcester.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/funny-dwight-howard-lakers-meme.jpg

2LeTTeRS
11-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Question for all the Trolls; don't you guys get tired of saying the same shit everyday?

hitmanyr2k
11-14-2013, 02:07 PM
The coon preached for Dwight to average Wilt numbers in a league filled with good post defenders and rebounders. :biggums:

Shaq didn't even average 28-15 during the regular season. He only average that number twice in the 2000 and 2001 Playoffs playing on a team with scrub rebounders.

Sophomore Shaq was close enough. In his 2nd year he put up these numbers - 29.3 ppg (60%) shooting, 13.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 2.9 blocks. In Shaq's era this was only good enough for All-NBA third team :roll:

In Dwight's overrated, crap era he'd be the ****in MVP with those numbers.

CanYouDigIt
11-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Sophomore Shaq was close enough. In his 2nd year Shaq put up these numbers - 29.3 ppg (60%) shooting, 13.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 2.9 blocks. In Shaq's era this was good enough for All-NBA third team :roll: In Dwight's era he'd be the ****in MVP with those numbers.
Your acting like Shaq had players with his size and strength. :facepalm

Dwight is a 6'9 Center who can easily average 20-15 a game.

CanYouDigIt
11-14-2013, 02:16 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/dwighthowarddunksonkobebryant7.jpg

ispin69
11-14-2013, 02:24 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Kobe-Bryant-Dwight-Howard-Fighting.jpg

11-14-2013, 02:25 PM
I am baffled at the people (fans, media, etc) who think Dwight can be a great offensive center. He just doesn't have the IQ, talent, and footwork to compare to shaq or Hakeem.

At least Tyson Chandler (for example) doesn't the same delusions or entitlement about being the next Hakeem or David Robinson. He's tall, athletic enough, and is/was becoming a great defensive presence (making the best of being 6'11+ tall). He's accepting his role as a 7 foot wall of meat in the paint. He won't whine about getting touches on offense and is happy getting easy dunks off lobs or offensive rebounds.

juju151111
11-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Your acting like Shaq had players with his size and strength. :facepalm

Dwight is a 6'9 Center who can easily average 20-15 a game.
Dwight has no type of post game to speak of. He been horrible except 2011/12 in the Post. Other then those two Yeats he been horrible in the Post. Shaq was aching like 8-10 pts in 4th Q scoring.

Nick Young
11-14-2013, 02:27 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/dwighthowarddunksonkobebryant7.jpg
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/17736-kobe-dunk-on-dwight-howard.jpg

TylerOO
11-14-2013, 02:27 PM
I really want to punch D'Antoni's face in that picture

11-14-2013, 02:44 PM
I remember it. I thought Shaq was just bitter and insecure at the time. Clearly, he was right. Obviously, he does know his stuff. But in all fairness, Dwight just isn't the same player he was in Orlando although he did clearly rely completely on his athleticism.

Mr Exlax
11-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Shaq was bitter to me. If he had said Bynum or Lopez were better at offense I would have totally agreed. Without looking at their head to head numbers, I would think Dwight came out better each time.

andgar923
11-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Shaq was bitter to me. If he had said Bynum or Lopez were better at offense I would have totally agreed. Without looking at their head to head numbers, I would think Dwight came out better each time.

But he did say Bynum was good. He's praised good centers on a normal basis.

greymatter
11-14-2013, 03:12 PM

Shaq never even averaged 14rpg any single season in his career. His best defensive season was his rookie year. Goes to show you how much of a lazy bum he was.

The only thing Shaq has any right to bash Howard for is for being a weak low post player.

kamil
11-14-2013, 04:24 PM
I am baffled at the people (fans, media, etc) who think Dwight can be a great offensive center. He just doesn't have the IQ, talent, and footwork to compare to shaq or Hakeem.

At least Tyson Chandler (for example) doesn't the same delusions or entitlement about being the next Hakeem or David Robinson. He's tall, athletic enough, and is/was becoming a great defensive presence (making the best of being 6'11+ tall). He's accepting his role as a 7 foot wall of meat in the paint. He won't whine about getting touches on offense and is happy getting easy dunks off lobs or offensive rebounds.

I'd take Chandler over Dwight any day. Give the ball to someone who CAN score and let Chandler shut down opponents on the other end. Defense really does win the game.. as can be seen with the Pistons back in 2004.

STATUTORY
11-14-2013, 04:26 PM

You should consult the numbers then cause Bynum always tore Dwight's shit up, bad knees and all

Micku
11-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Shaq never even averaged 14rpg any single season in his career. His best defensive season was his rookie year. Goes to show you how much of a lazy bum he was.

The only thing Shaq has any right to bash Howard for is for being a weak low post player.

No. His best defensive year was 2000. He was very active of keeping the paint lock down. He had other good defensive years as well.

Mr Exlax
11-14-2013, 04:37 PM
But he did say Bynum was good. He's praised good centers on a normal basis.

My bad. I meant to say if he said they were only better at Dwight on offense only.

Mr Exlax
11-14-2013, 04:38 PM
You should consult the numbers then cause Bynum always tore Dwight's shit up, bad knees and all

Are you sure? I'm not gonna go look it up bro. I'm lazy. I'm going off memory alone.

Nick Young
11-14-2013, 04:41 PM
I remember it. I thought Shaq was just bitter and insecure at the time. Clearly, he was right. Obviously, he does know his stuff. But in all fairness, Dwight just isn't the same player he was in Orlando although he did clearly rely completely on his athleticism.
After 09, Dwights work rate on defense went down. He used to combine his freak athleticism and strength with the hustle and work rate of Rodman/Mark Madsen hustle type on the defensive end of the court. I don't mean that as a slight. His work rate and hunger on the defensive end lead to true dominance.

Offensively he has always been challenged, his touch is bad and he has bad fundamentals that he refuses to work on but that was ok in 09 when he didnt demand the ball and worked his ass off on D.

After the finals the hype went to his head and he seemed to start thinking he was the next Shaq. His defense got worse and his work rate kept going down. On offense he started demanding the ball and trying to do things hes not capable of doing.

Now he is a diva. What he once had, he has lost. 2009 was 4 years ago. It is time to stop judging Dwight for 2009. He has only gotten worse since then. The guy peaked early.

Nick Young
11-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Are you sure? I'm not gonna go look it up bro. I'm lazy. I'm going off memory alone.
Do you not remember the 09 finals? Even injured Bynum dominated Dwight. Head to head, Bynum owned Dwight. Bynum is legit 7'2. 6'9 Dwight always struggled against legit size and still does.

Mr Exlax
11-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Do you not remember the 09 finals? Even injured Bynum dominated Dwight. Head to head, Bynum owned Dwight. Bynum is legit 7'2. 6'9 Dwight always struggled against legit size and still does.

I don't think Shaq was talking about that far back though was he? Dwight was a different player after that Finals. That's what I'm referring to. Do you have any of those numbers handy? I will agree with you about the bigger centers though. It makes sense.

outbreak
11-14-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't think Shaq was talking about that far back though was he? Dwight was a different player after that Finals. That's what I'm referring to. Do you have any of those numbers handy? I will agree with you about the bigger centers though. It makes sense.

dwight average 15pts, 15rbs, 2asts, 1.6stls and 4 blocks
bynum averaged 6pts,4rbs,0.6ast,0.4stls,0.6 blocks

yeah bynum killed him hard in that series....
His points are down but isn't it more likely that considering he was the best player on that orlando team that the lakers focuses on shutting him down which opens up more looks for his perimeter players to up their scoring?

Mr Exlax
11-14-2013, 05:00 PM

Thank you my good sir. If anything. I thought Pau was the one that did the most damage. Since LA wasn't doubling Dwight and the rest of the Magic weren't really that good to constantly create their own shots, they settled for contested 3s all series or something to that effect.

Ahh see i just saw the rest of what you typed. That's exactly what I was saying. :cheers:

BarberSchool
11-14-2013, 05:01 PM
I really want to punch D'Antoni's face in that pictureDitto.

Only my hand will be chock full of BBQ Pringles.

BarberSchool
11-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Now he is a diva. What he once had, he has lost. 2009 was 4 years ago. It is time to stop judging Dwight for 2009. He has only gotten worse since then. The guy peaked early.Many low IQ players who rely on athleticism, and not talent, often do just that. And teams that sign them on their athletic decline i ntheir late 20's and 30's, always wind up overpaying for reputation, and angry in their dissapointment.

outbreak
11-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Thank you my good sir. If anything. I thought Pau was the one that did the most damage. Since LA wasn't doubling Dwight and the rest of the Magic weren't really that good to constantly create their own shots, they settled for contested 3s all series or something to that effect.

Ahh see i just saw the rest of what you typed. That's exactly what I was saying. :cheers:

that's pretty much how orlando got by really, if a teams interior D was poor Dwight would dominate and get easy dunks and lay ins, if a team had good interior D they would just look to get it back out to the perimetre and jack up shots, lived and died by the 3 against good teams which is why they were so streaky. It worked as the whole system was really set up well and the players all fit their roles. Dwight on his own isn't great on offence but in this kind of system he looked it.

russwest0
11-14-2013, 05:12 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-l2f8Gm1vlxI/URHlx3CXkyI/AAAAAAAAAyE/sFHaioDnmCg/s1600/DWIGHT+CLOWN.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/black-sports-online-dwight-howard-to-voice-turkey-in-movie.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Dwight-Howard-Clown.jpg

http://aidanfromworcester.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/funny-dwight-howard-lakers-meme.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mr Exlax
11-14-2013, 05:17 PM
that's pretty much how orlando got by really, if a teams interior D was poor Dwight would dominate and get easy dunks and lay ins, if a team had good interior D they would just look to get it back out to the perimetre and jack up shots, lived and died by the 3 against good teams which is why they were so streaky. It worked as the whole system was really set up well and the players all fit their roles. Dwight on his own isn't great on offence but in this kind of system he looked it.

I already know bro. I watched Orlando for years and years. Well before they got to the Finals. I will add that after that Finals loss, he worked with Hakeem and he did gain a few moves and then the following summer he added a little more. Never was polished or anything close, but he didn't have to dunk it every single time anymore. Then the back surgery came.

outbreak
11-14-2013, 05:31 PM
I already know bro. I watched Orlando for years and years. Well before they got to the Finals. I will add that after that Finals loss, he worked with Hakeem and he did gain a few moves and then the following summer he added a little more. Never was polished or anything close, but he didn't have to dunk it every single time anymore. Then the back surgery came.

yeah i remember when he first added that running hook kind of sling shot, it was kind of effective at first even if it looked horrible.

STATUTORY
11-14-2013, 05:47 PM

I'm certain, am a lakers fan. remember all the matchups against howard vividly.

greymatter
11-14-2013, 05:59 PM
No. His best defensive year was 2000. He was very active of keeping the paint lock down. He had other good defensive years as well.

You obviously weren't paying attention to his rookie year. He was most mobile and active during his Orlando days. He cut down on being "active" so as to be less likely to get into foul trouble and to focus more on his offense. The only reason why he didn't make an all NBA defensive team his rookie year is because he had guys like prime Robinson, Olajuwon, and Mutumbo to contend with.

ILLsmak
11-14-2013, 06:18 PM

You like stats, huh?

-Smak

greymatter
11-14-2013, 06:28 PM
You like stats, huh?

-Smak

And how old are you?

Anyone who actually watched Shaq since his rookie year can tell you that he backed off a bit on defense because he wasn't able to play aggressively without getting into foul trouble.

Stats only confirm what I said.

Nick Young
11-14-2013, 06:42 PM

His points are down but isn't it more likely that considering he was the best player on that orlando team that the lakers focuses on shutting him down which opens up more looks for his perimeter players to up their scoring?
No, Lakers didnt focus on shutting down Dwight. Phil Jackson exposed how to guard him to the league, didnt hurt that he had the personel to do it.

Phil encouraged Dwight to post up, then they swarmed him when he caught it. Phil realized once Dwight gets the ball and decides to score hes never gonna pass out of it and doesnt change his mind.

He also realized how Dwight stupidly keeps bringing the ball low when he doesnt have to.

Lakers did nothing special against Dwight, except encourage him to post up and not let him get easy dunks to boost his confidence up.

PickernRoller
11-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Yes Shaq was right. Nick Young sucks btw......gotta be honest from Laker fan to Laker fan.

francesco totti
11-14-2013, 06:44 PM
didnt shaq also had issues with chris bosh? seems he gave up on bosh now that he is winning rings..

PickernRoller
11-14-2013, 06:56 PM
didnt shaq also had issues with chris bosh? seems he gave up on bosh now that he is winning rings..

Actually no one holds Bosh to the standard of "best big man" in the game. Thus why no one cares and why Shaq no longer cares about criticizing a jumpshooter PF. There is no double standard. There is however a standard to protect when a guy like Dwight is mentioned along the lines of Shaq, Hakeem, Ducan etc. If Dwight wants to be along those names like he usually says - then Shaq has the right to rip him apart for not doing the things that will get him there. And rings is not the only measure.

outbreak
11-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Not in Miami, Orlando used to do well against Miami

Jax
11-14-2013, 09:10 PM

But watch the same nikkas say Bron plays in a weak defense era :coleman: