PDA

View Full Version : Who Says No to a Melo/Griffin Based Swap?

ChuckOakley
11-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Or more specifically.....

Melo, Chandler, Hardaway
for
Griffin, Jordan, Crawford, Dudley

This deal would be done when Chandler is healthy and assumes both teams continue to not impress. NY may worry more and more Melo is leaving and decide to get what they can for him.

Knicks
Felton / Prigioni / Udrih
JR Smith / J.Crawford
Shumpert / Dudley / MWP
Griffin / K.Martin / Amare
Jordan / Bargnani / Aldrich

NY decides to make a major move and move on from Melo who might be leaving them regardless. They keep Griffin's BFF in Jordan. Jamal Crawford comes back to NY and Dudley adds a younger, better version of MWP. Essentially NY looks like a slightly better version of the Clippers at the 2-5. Of course there is that downgrade from Paul to Felton thing.

Clippers
Paul / Collison / Wayns
Reddick / Hardaway / Green
Barnes / Bullock
Melo / Mullens / Jamison
Chandler / Hollins

The Clippers have to assume Melo isn't going anywhere as he would be in LA playing with Paul. Melo adds a post game to the Clippers that is better than BG's. Chandler is reunited with CP3. Hardaway is added to close the value gap as Melo is paid much more and expiring.

niko
11-14-2013, 04:35 PM

Melo, Chandler, Hardaway
for

This deal would be done when Chandler is healthy and assumes both teams continue to not impress. NY may worry more and more Melo is leaving and decide to get what they can for him.

Knicks
JR Smith / J.Crawford
Shumpert / Dudley / MWP

NY decides to make a major move and move on from Melo who might be leaving them regardless. They keep Griffin's BFF in Jordan. Jamal Crawford comes back to NY and Dudley adds a younger, better version of MWP. Essentially NY looks like a slightly better version of the Clippers at the 2-5. Of course there is that downgrade from Paul to Felton thing.

Clippers
Paul / Collison / Wayns
Barnes / Bullock
Melo / Mullens / Jamison
Chandler / Hollins

The Clippers have to assume Melo isn't going anywhere as he would be in LA playing with Paul. Melo adds a post game to the Clippers that is better than BG's. Chandler is reunited with CP3. Hardaway is added to close the value gap as Melo is paid much more and expiring.
I don't like it. I rather Melo leave and we retool in 2014 than this team. Also I think without Paul those guys drop off massively.

talamo
11-14-2013, 04:36 PM

Melo, Chandler, Hardaway
for

Knicks
JR Smith / J.Crawford
Shumpert / Dudley / MWP

Clippers
Paul / Collison / Wayns
Barnes / Bullock
Melo / Mullens / Jamison
Chandler / Hollins

is kenyon martin really ahead of amare on the depth chart? lol sad :facepalm

KyleKong
11-14-2013, 04:37 PM
The Knicks don't need a PF who can't hit mid ranges consistently, although Griffin is showing a lot more improvement this season.

I also think Paul/Melo combo wouldn't work, to much Triple-Threat and ISOs from Melo in my opinion.

b0bab0i
11-14-2013, 04:40 PM
We don't want another chucker on our team.

guy
Melo for Griffin might be fair, but I don't see why the Clippers would trade Jordan, Crawford, and Dudley for Chandler and Hardaway. Makes little sense.

RoundMoundOfReb
JR smith hangs up the phone. No way he'd do this.

DuMa
11-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Doc Rivers, Senior VP of basketball operations vetoes this.

niko
11-14-2013, 04:54 PM
JR smith hangs up the phone. No way he'd do this.
See, you were funny before but you went too far. You ruined it.

ChuckOakley
11-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Doc Rivers, Senior VP of basketball operations vetoes this.
You don't think he would want Chandler and Melo on his team?

ChuckOakley
11-14-2013, 04:55 PM
We don't want another chucker on our team.
Who is we and who are the other chuckers?

ChuckOakley
11-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Melo for Griffin might be fair, but I don't see why the Clippers would trade Jordan, Crawford, and Dudley for Chandler and Hardaway. Makes little sense.
Because Chandler is the better player with the resume to prove it. Clippers are a win now team, so I'd rather have Chandler. Crawford and Dudley are mainly added to make salary match.. they also aren't anything special.

guy
11-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Because Chandler is the better player with the resume to prove it. Clippers are a win now team, so I'd rather have Chandler. Crawford and Dudley are mainly added to make salary match.. they also aren't anything special.

They are win now, so the Clippers are going to give up Crawford and Dudley for the rookie Hardaway? Chandler has the better resume, but its debatable if he's better for this year then Jordan. Jordan looks like a different player about to have by far the best season of his career, while Chandler is injured and has been injury prone. Makes little sense.

DuMa
11-14-2013, 05:32 PM
You don't think he would want Chandler and Melo on his team?

Chandler maybe but definitely not Melo. He used to dissect his game quite easily when facing the Knicks being a Boston coach

Haymaker
11-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Why is Shumpert suddenly a SF?

Kobr
11-14-2013, 05:34 PM
The Clippers.

iDunk
11-14-2013, 06:12 PM
It'd be tough, but I'd take it as a Knicks fan.

secund2nun
11-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Griffin> Melo

alenleomessi
11-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Griffin is much younger and actually even better this season... so even a straight swap is laughable... but OP even adds deandre, dudley and jamal.. wow gtfo dude

alenleomessi
11-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Also I think without Paul those guys drop off massively.
wow are you that ignorant?
rookie griffin took a huge crap on you in the middle of madison garden while posterizing each one of your white players that you traded for the chucker later on..

christian1923
11-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Griffin> Melo
At basketball? :eek:

ChuckOakley
11-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Griffin is much younger and actually even better this season... so even a straight swap is laughable... but OP even adds deandre, dudley and jamal.. wow gtfo dude
That's because Chandler is better than Jordan and has history with CP3.
Meanwhile Dudley and Jamal are completely expendable role players.

alenleomessi
11-14-2013, 07:57 PM
also jordan is much younger and actually better this season.
and dudley and jamal are quality role players

Fiasco
11-14-2013, 08:00 PM

Just stop.

ChuckOakley
11-14-2013, 08:05 PM
also jordan is much younger and actually better this season.
and dudley and jamal are quality role players
Of course he is better this season. Chandler is injured and we're 8 games in.
Chandler can change the defensive complexion of a team like he did with Dallas and then NY. That is their biggest need.

Dudley is overrated trash. Crawford is an ok player but they are needed to match salary in the trade.

ChuckOakley
11-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Just stop.
If JC wasn't they wouldn't have traded for more perimeter players in Reddick and Dudley, drafted Bullock and resigned Barnes.

red1
11-14-2013, 08:08 PM
knicks lose in this trade

Fiasco
11-14-2013, 08:19 PM
If JC wasn't they wouldn't have traded for more perimeter players in Reddick and Dudley, drafted Bullock and resigned Barnes.

With your logic, Battier, Allen and now Beasley are expendable for the Heat.

Just stop.

ChuckOakley
11-14-2013, 08:22 PM
With your logic, Battier, Allen and now Beasley are expendable for the Heat.

Just stop.
I don't get it. Those guys replaced some serious scrubs over the years and some aging player (Mike Miller, E.House, J.Jones, etc) and they have proven to better with them. The Clippers have gone nowhere with JC.
I'm not saying he's not good.. he is, but he makes the salaries match. He's also replaceable.

The Clippers are not going anywhere with a Griffin/Jordan front court as the past has shown and this season reinforcing. Melo/Chandler can take them much further. Melo is the better player with a better post game. Griffin should be on a running team.

Sarcastic
11-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Knicks say no first. Clippers easily take the trade. CP3 and Melo have dreamed of playing together for years. Plus everyone knows CP3 doesn't like playing with Flake Griffin.

red1
11-14-2013, 08:25 PM
For all the hate melo gets here because of wildhomo09/freshkid he is still a top-5 or top-10 player in the league. Blake griffin is not

Fiasco
11-14-2013, 08:43 PM
I don't get it. Those guys replaced some serious scrubs over the years and some aging player (Mike Miller, E.House, J.Jones, etc) and they have proven to better with them. The Clippers have gone nowhere with JC.

I'm not saying he's not good.. he is, but he makes the salaries match. He's also replaceable.

Huh? Do you even know what our wing rotation was like before we picked up guys like Redick, Dudley, and Crawford? The Clippers are following the exact principle you just described. And I have zero idea how you determined the Clippers have gone "nowhere" with Crawford, implying he's been with the team for anything more than a year. Winning their first division title with him last year aside, LAC is 6-3 with wins over Minny, OKC, and GSW.

Again: please stop.

The Clippers are not going anywhere with a Griffin/Jordan front court as the past has shown and this season reinforcing. Melo/Chandler can take them much further. Melo is the better player with a better post game. Griffin should be on a running team.

6-1 in the conference. Undefeated at home. 3 game win streak. Huh?

Where are an injured Chandler and impending free agent taking the Clippers, exactly? Griffin is averaging more assists and rebounds while taking nearly 5 less shots a game than Anthony (averaging a little over 1 point a game less).

All that's been reinforced this season is you have no idea what you're talking about.

qrich
11-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Clippers laugh you off the phone and proceed to block your number from any future calls.

Why would they get older, make major changes to a team that is building chemistry and is yet to gel, pay more just to put an inferior product on the floor.

Only way I would have considered this would have been this past summer when Chris was a free agent and asked for Melo on the team and this was the only way to acquire him.

Vancouver-Grizz
11-14-2013, 09:12 PM
I don't like it for "Basketball Reasons"

La Frescobaldi
11-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Those who say AYE:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QduaZTCx-gU/TpROL_TcKsI/AAAAAAAABBg/BCDmHV_fE1o/s1600/madison-square-garden-picture.jpg
http://silvervelvetsky.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/bowery-bum-new-york-c-1932.jpg

Those who say NAY:
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID1819/images/pic13.jpg
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/07/11/milky_way.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dqvzxEcHKDY/TuuY8P37P4I/AAAAAAAAB3M/VhhyEBFk310/s1600/Fantastic_universe_Wallpaper_j7jwx.jpg

AintNoSunshine
11-14-2013, 10:20 PM
So who's gonna create for the knicks? JR? :roll: It doesn't make any sense for the knicks