PDA

View Full Version : Omer Asik asks Rockets to trade him

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-14-2013, 08:57 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/11/omer-asik-asks-rockets-to-trade-him/

@Jonathan_Feigen: Sources: Omer Asik asks Rockets to trade him: http://bit.ly/1hJS0P3

who wants him...he is owed 15mil next yr but is an expired

hawkfan
11-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Asik to Atlanta for Millsap.
Rockets get a good power forward, Hawks get a center.
Good trade for both teams.

KungFuJoe
11-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Another McHale blunder. No surprise this comes right after Asik gets sent to the bench and plays him for how many minutes?

FOUR.

NumberSix
11-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Wow. Major bitch move if true.

Ugh. Whatever.

juju151111
Another McHale blunder. No surprise this comes right after Asik gets sent to the bench and plays him for how many minutes?

FOUR.
They can't play together through.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan

FOUR.

lol...they should have traded him this summer after signing Dwight...

I dont know why the Rockets signed Dwight...if Asik can give them the same but with less drama and no b!tching for shots

Ai2death
11-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Pretty sure I read somewhere before the acquisition of Dwight that if they got Dwight, he would ask to be traded.
Really didn't want to play with him, could you blame him?

outbreak
11-14-2013, 09:04 PM

I dont know why the Rockets signed Dwight...if Asik can give them the same but with less drama and no b!tching for shots

because Asik can average 18ppg 15rpg 2bpg while still not playing to his best am i right?

Levity
11-14-2013, 09:06 PM
who's surprised. he left chicago because he wanted a starting role. played great all of last year. almost led the leauge in rebounds. then they sign dwight this off season and throw asik on the bench

of course he would want to be traded, and houston should do it. whats the point of paying him as much as he gets to play 20 minutes off the bench.

longtime lurker
11-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Somehow this is Dwight's fault.

A Roc 23
11-14-2013, 09:08 PM
This is Dwight's fault.

JK

TonyMontana
DWYANE WADE FOR ASIK.

http://content9.flixster.com/rtactor/42/26/42267_pro.jpg

TIME TO IMPROVE THE TEAM RILEY INSTEAD OF WORRY ABOUT FRIENDSHIPS.

hawkfan
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens forever):

Hawks get

Omer Asik
1st round pick

Rockets get

Al Horford

The Rockets get Horford to play power forward, giving the Rockets a solid 3rd option. Lin becomes the fourth option.

The Hawks get Asik to play center and a first round pick to help the rebuild. The Hawks are revamping the roster and breaking up the core of the last five years with Joe Johnson, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Smith gone.

Human Error
11-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Asik + Lin <-> Bosh + Chalmers

Do it Riles.

shoops
11-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Hmmm. The article said past 48 hours so I guess he might've said it before yesterday's game, hence the 4 minutes he played.

EricGordon23
11-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Grab him Sactown and move cousin to pf! Trade Thompson and fredette

brantonli
11-14-2013, 09:15 PM

Are you serious? Who WOULDN'T sign Dwight, given the chance? You sign him, and then worry about the consequences afterwards, and here is one of them. That Millsap-Asik trade will never work, unless Morey throws in Beverley or somebody fairly valuable in there, Millsap just signed with the Hawks anyway. I'm still rooting for a Ryan Anderson-Asik deal, although something like getting Aldridge would be a dream come true.

DuMa
11-14-2013, 09:15 PM
timing could not be worse with a national televised game featuring the rockets within minutes.

and it gives morey absolutely no leverage in seeking a trade for asik. poor form by Omer. Poor form

ZenMaster
11-14-2013, 09:25 PM
timing could not be worse with a national televised game featuring the rockets within minutes.

and it gives morey absolutely no leverage in seeking a trade for asik. poor form by Omer. Poor form

He's helping whatever future team trading for him, smart play.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Are you serious? Who WOULDN'T sign Dwight, given the chance? You sign him, and then worry about the consequences afterwards, and here is one of them. That Millsap-Asik trade will never work, unless Morey throws in Beverley or somebody fairly valuable in there, Millsap just signed with the Hawks anyway. I'm still rooting for a Ryan Anderson-Asik deal, although something like getting Aldridge would be a dream come true.

Lol NOP is not trading u anderson when they need him next to davis to spread the floor

Aldridge is happy and no u cant have him for asik + trash

Maybe asik +chandler

gts
11-14-2013, 09:30 PM

and it gives morey absolutely no leverage in seeking a trade for asik. poor form by Omer. Poor formI doubt he really cares what the Rockets get in return

guy
11-14-2013, 09:51 PM
:oldlol: dude looks so upset on the bench right now. And Howard looks like he feels awkward sitting next to him.

R.I.P.
11-14-2013, 09:51 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/11/omer-asik-asks-rockets-to-trade-him/

@Jonathan_Feigen: Sources: Omer Asik asks Rockets to trade him: http://bit.ly/1hJS0P3

who wants him...he is owed 15mil next yr but is an expired

He has completely checked out on the bench. He

R.I.P.
11-14-2013, 09:52 PM

Excellent form. Asik for Bernard James. :lol :applause:

SacJB Shady
11-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Warriors should get Asik. Great alongside Bogut.

flipogb
11-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Warriors should get Asik. Great alongside Bogut.
that situation would be exactly the same as the Rockets, hed probably kill Morey if he traded him there.

SacJB Shady
11-14-2013, 10:08 PM
that situation would be exactly the same as the Rockets, hed probably kill Morey if he traded him there.

Remember he backed up Noah?

Meticode
11-14-2013, 10:10 PM
The Thunder need to figure out some way to get Asik. Although I don't see them moving Perkins this year because he still has 14-15 left on his contract with them. If they can't move Perkins I don't think they have a shot at getting him. Theorectically on the NBA Trade Machine Thunder getting Asik, Houston getting Ilyasova, Bucks getting Perkins and Steven Adams was successful, but I don't think the Bucks would take on Perkin's contract for another year. It'd have to be an expirer this year.

Fudge
11-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Perry Jones + Thabo + Dallas pick for Asik

DONE!

SacJB Shady
11-14-2013, 10:11 PM
The Thunder need to figure out some way to get Asik. Although I don't see them moving Perkins this year because he still has 14-15 left on his contract with them.

Can he keep up with those athletes though?

andremiller07
11-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Grab him Sactown and move cousin to pf! Trade Thompson and fredette
Would not mind at all plus his deal is 2 years which means he/Thornton/Hayes/Outlaw all come of contract at the same time and allow the Kings to make a decent run at a big name free agent.

Meticode
11-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Can he keep up with those athletes though?
Not any worse than Perkins. It'd still be an upgrade.

R.I.P.
11-14-2013, 10:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZE5m4aCQAA0Fwa.png:large

Nine games and Dwight is working his locker room magic already. :lol

brandonislegend
11-14-2013, 10:16 PM

:lol

MetsPackers
11-14-2013, 10:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lztpltl

Meticode
11-14-2013, 10:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lztpltl
Not sure if it's me, but not working. Just constantly loads.

OldSkoolball#52
11-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Wow. Major bitch move if true.

Ugh. Whatever.

Bitch move??? LOL

You cant get paid on ur next contract when youre sittin on a bench during your current one.

This is a professional career we talkin bout dawg. Aint no company basketball tournament.

AintNoSunshine
11-14-2013, 10:18 PM
DWYANE WADE FOR ASIK.

http://content9.flixster.com/rtactor/42/26/42267_pro.jpg

TIME TO IMPROVE THE TEAM RILEY INSTEAD OF WORRY ABOUT FRIENDSHIPS.
:biggums:

Fudge
11-14-2013, 10:19 PM

:roll:

Leftimage
11-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Heat need this mother****er :mad: :mad:

Make it happen, Don Riley !!

Meticode
11-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Heat need this mother****er :mad: :mad:

Make it happen, Don Riley !!
Gave up on Oden already?

Fudge
11-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Apparently da Heats can afford Asik's phatass contract.

b1imtf
11-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Sad Perk vs Depressed Omer

Draz
11-14-2013, 10:36 PM

:cheers:

CelticBaller
11-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Asik didn't even want to play for the Rockets the moment Dwight joined the Rockets because he didn't want to play behind Dwight. It ain't Dwight's fault the management thought it was a good idea to keep Asik. Get Dwight a PF that could actually spread the floor.

Meticode
11-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Asik didn't even want to play for the rockets the moment Dwight joined the Rockets because he didn't want to play behind Dwight. It ain't Dwight's fault the management thought it was a good idea to keep Asik. Get Dwight a PF that could actually spread the floor.
Houston should talk to Bucks about Ilyasova.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Asik didn't even want to play for the Rockets the moment Dwight joined the Rockets because he didn't want to play behind Dwight. It ain't Dwight's fault the management thought it was a good idea to keep Asik. Get Dwight a PF that could actually spread the floor.

Whats next get Dwight a PG that can drive & kick...

Get dwight a SF who can defend....

Get dwight a bench that can score

Get dwight a coach who can calla plays for him in post

andremiller07
11-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Bucks got Sanders and Zaza on big deals already

CelticBaller
11-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Whats next get Dwight a PG that can drive & kick...

Get dwight a SF who can defend....

Get dwight a bench that can score

Get dwight a coach who can calla plays for him in post
Orlando's Dwight had

Jameer Nelson
Vince Carter/JJ
Hedo
Rashard lewis/Ryan anderson

And an offensive coach in SVG

That team had a threat on the floor at anytime, doubling Dwight was a risk with all the shooters around him, Rockets have a nice idea, but it's not executing so well.
Dwight's always been mediocre on offense, all that he needs is an offensive team that could clear the paint for him.

Meticode
11-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Bucks got Sanders and Zaza on big deals already
I know, I met more of a three team type of deal. Ilyasova's contract this year is $8 million, almost as much as Asik's. They wouldn't be able to trade them straight up, but frankly the Bucks should just blow it up, but they won't.

NumberSix
11-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Bitch move??? LOL

You cant get paid on ur next contract when youre sittin on a bench during your current one.

This is a professional career we talkin bout dawg. Aint no company basketball tournament.
You want playing time, earn it.

Levity
11-14-2013, 11:08 PM

thats a pretty ignorant statement.
he earned it last season. hes proved he can be a legit starting center, and a force on defense.

the reason hes not playing as much this year is because the rockets went out a signed a bigger name player to play the same position as him. the two of them wont work on offense, since neither of them can shoot a damn jumper. and theyre both too slow footed on defense to stay in front of current PF's in the league. soo many times ive seen back cuts go right past them for easy lay ups

its obviously the best move for houston to trade asik. mcchale is already over the idea of starting them side by side. so why waste anyones time by keeping asik on the team.

CelticBaller
11-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Ilyasova is a beast, he will benefit so much from dwight, posing as another offensive and rebounding threat :bowdown:

Meticode
11-14-2013, 11:21 PM
You can't earn it when the team signs a long-term contract with a star player basically taking your position.

Geriatric
11-14-2013, 11:22 PM
What about Thaddeus Young straight up for Omer?

Philly gets rid of Young's 3 year contract and replaces it with Omer's 2 year deal (he would be easy to move on in the future if Noel progresses like Philly hopes). Plus Philly is soft in the middle with Spencer Hawes starting at C. Hawes could play some minutes at PF while Omer is on the floor since he is a solid perimeter threat and completely different type of player.

Thaddeus could take over the 4 position in Houston and has shown an improved outside shot which could help space the floor on the offensive end.

KingLeBronJames
11-15-2013, 12:27 AM
Asik doesn't like Dwight.

outbreak
11-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Ilyasova is a beast, he will benefit so much from dwight, posing as another offensive and rebounding threat :bowdown:

Ily is the guy I first thought of when I saw this. He would fit in pretty nicely next to Dwight.

TheMan
11-15-2013, 12:37 AM
:facepalm

hawkfan
11-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Horford for Asik and a Houston first.
Good trade for both teams - Houston gets an All-Star at power forward, the Hawks get a future All-Star at center in Asik.

andremiller07
11-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Horford for Asik and a Houston first.
Good trade for both teams - Houston gets an All-Star at power forward, the Hawks get a future All-Star at center in Asik.
Horford is a top 5 centre no way you trade him for Asik

qrich
11-15-2013, 01:18 AM
Asik + whatever fillers to Dallas for Shawn Marion, Ricky Ledo, Shane Larkin, 2014 Pick Swap Option, 2016 Pick Swap Option, 2014 and 2015 2nds.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-15-2013, 01:26 AM
What about Thaddeus Young straight up for Omer?

Philly gets rid of Young's 3 year contract and replaces it with Omer's 2 year deal (he would be easy to move on in the future if Noel progresses like Philly hopes). Plus Philly is soft in the middle with Spencer Hawes starting at C. Hawes could play some minutes at PF while Omer is on the floor since he is a solid perimeter threat and completely different type of player.

Thaddeus could take over the 4 position in Houston and has shown an improved outside shot which could help space the floor on the offensive end.

they have Noels....better tank and get high pick with

Noels, MWC & Higgins/parker as their core

hawkfan
11-15-2013, 01:39 AM
The Celtics can offer:

1. A package including Kris Humphries (expirer) and another player or pick.
2. A package including Brandon Bass and another player or pick.

ILLsmak
11-15-2013, 03:44 AM
Houston is pretty wack. They are wack for denying his request early (because they probably told him he would still start), they are wack for making him start with intent to relegate him to the bench eventually, and they are wack for denying his trade request again.

How can you deny a trade request? Sometimes if it's just a player being unhappy because of losing, ok, but if you took a starter player and put him on the bench, how can you say... nah you're gonna be on the bench and like it.

I mean you can. It's not breaking any laws, but it's pretty insensitive. Has to reflect poorly on the organization.

-Smak

coin24
11-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Houston is pretty wack. They are wack for denying his request early (because they probably told him he would still start), they are wack for making him start with intent to relegate him to the bench eventually, and they are wack for denying his trade request again.

How can you deny a trade request? Sometimes if it's just a player being unhappy because of losing, ok, but if you took a starter player and put him on the bench, how can you say... nah you're gonna be on the bench and like it.

I mean you can. It's not breaking any laws, but it's pretty insensitive. Has to reflect poorly on the organization.

-Smak

Not only that, they're paying him a ton of money to sit on the bench:oldlol:

miggyme1
11-15-2013, 03:54 AM
Asik for faried would be good. Not great but i think it could be a formidable tandem with faried and dwight.

But then again im not a nba gm either

KungFuJoe
11-15-2013, 03:56 AM
He ain't getting traded because he's a very expensive playing piece on the board game that these NBA team owners play. It's fantasy basketball at the highest level and you're not going to trade or sell off your piece unless you know you are going to get something in return.

They don't give two shits if their player doesn't like their situation. They're getting paid millions to shut the **** up and play. Or in Asik's case...sit on the bench until they figure out what they want to do with him.

Bosnian Sajo
11-15-2013, 04:18 AM
Asik + Lin <-> Bosh + Chalmers

Do it Riles.

Why would Miami ever trade Bosh? He has been playing so damn good for a 3rd option, very good forward. 50% from the 3 so far this season, he's taken 16, which is about 2 a game. Impressive considering he has never been a 3pt shooter.

Micku
11-15-2013, 04:23 AM
Mchale sucks at rotation. He could've played Asik today against the Knicks when Howard was out and he could've played him yesterday against the 76ers.

Anyway, I wonder where Asik is going to go to?

Lebron23
11-15-2013, 04:44 AM

http://mediaoutrage.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Rashard-Lewis.jpg

Do it Riley.

Nick Young
11-15-2013, 04:48 AM
The Dwightmare continues:bowdown:

11-15-2013, 04:51 AM
I feel bad for Asik. He was the consolation prize for the rockets not getting Dwight last year.

It's like the guy (rockets) who liked a hot girl (dwight) and she didn't like him so the guy goes out with a lesser hot girl (asik) but the hotter girl is available so lesser hot girl becomes expendable. Hope that made sense lol

Nick Young
11-15-2013, 04:55 AM
People still act like its 2009. Dwight has proven to be a locker room cancer with a loser attitude. He peaked early. His game has only gotten worse since 2009. He is not a max contract player. He has a huge inflated reputation that his play doesnt deserve. He is like 28-29, his skills are not suddenly going to improve.

Nick Young
11-15-2013, 04:56 AM

dat leadership:bowdown:

East_Stone_Ya
11-15-2013, 05:30 AM
why can't they start together? Howard at PF?

ILLsmak
11-15-2013, 06:00 AM
Not only that, they're paying him a ton of money to sit on the bench:oldlol:

Not THAT much, but I imagine dude wants to not only be a good player, but he wants to get a good last contract... maybe a Max or close to Max. If he plays on the bench he not only won't get resigned by Houston, but will lose value in the open market.

-Smak

Rolando
11-15-2013, 06:18 AM
The Celtics can offer:

1. A package including Kris Humphries (expirer) and another player or pick.
2. A package including Brandon Bass and another player or pick.

That would be great. We got way too many power forwards at the moment.

Another factor to consider is that McHale and Ainge are part of the Celtics brotherhood. This deal could get done.

kNIOKAS
11-15-2013, 06:28 AM
Breaking:

Omer Asik actually asked Rockets to trade Dwight Howard

:biggums:

All Net
11-15-2013, 06:37 AM
Predictable

CelticBaller
11-15-2013, 07:40 AM
why can't they start together? Howard at PF?
because that creates a huge hole on the offense. the paint will be clogged up also

To4
11-15-2013, 08:30 AM
hell... id rather keep asik and trade Howard... trade howard to get some all star players, boom. contender

Haymaker
11-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Asik for Splitter, get it done Morey/Buford :applause:

Random_Guy
11-15-2013, 08:41 AM
management actually does care about the player's feeling, especially a valuable piece like Asik. The rockets put themself in this shithole, but has the potential do really build a good contender with the right moves. If Asik is saying he wants to be traded and refuse to play for the rockets, his value will plummet, and they will just lose him at free agency. Not keeping him happy is just a vicious cycle for the Rockets.

R.I.P.
11-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Asik + whatever fillers to Dallas for Shawn Marion, Ricky Ledo, Shane Larkin, 2014 Pick Swap Option, 2016 Pick Swap Option, 2014 and 2015 2nds.

No no please take Dirk, Ellis, Calderon and Wright, too. :lol

dunksby
11-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Although it was not D12's fault the Rockets kept Asik, I don't think D12 has tried to establish a friendly relationship with Asik either.

andremiller07
11-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Although it was not D12's fault the Rockets kept Asik, I don't think D12 has tried to establish a friendly relationship with Asik either.
I don't think Asik would want his friendship in the first place tbh

dunksby
11-15-2013, 09:24 AM
I don't think Asik would want his friendship in the first place tbh
I guess what I'm sayin is that there are more sides to Asik flippin out.

wally_world
11-15-2013, 09:33 AM

Asik's ears make Dwight look like a midget

Fresh Kid
11-15-2013, 09:39 AM
i don't blame him look at his damn teammates:facepalm you have Dwight coward who supposed to be tha best center but don't have a post game to save his life, lamez retarden who flops and lives at tha free throw line for no apparent reason, lin who iz a trader and sleeps with gay ass Parsons, and Beverly who iz a dirty player both ways. you damn right i don't blame him:no:

nightprowler10
11-15-2013, 11:18 AM
I hope Rockets trade him ASAP. I hate seeing him rotting on the bench. The guy plays great D, is an excellent rebounder, and sets the best legit screens.

Human Error
11-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Why would Miami ever trade Bosh? He has been playing so damn good for a 3rd option, very good forward. 50% from the 3 so far this season, he's taken 16, which is about 2 a game. Impressive considering he has never been a 3pt shooter.
Why? Miami is dead last in rebounding and Bosh is only grabbing 6 per game. Miami has several other guys who can spread the floor and while Bosh is a skilled big man, the team would be better off having more of a banger type center rather than being outrebounded every night. Maybe the Heat could ask for more since the idea of playing Bosh and Howard would be too tantalizing.

jzek
11-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Put him in a Heat uniform and MIA wins every year for the next 8 years.

buddha
11-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Omer Asik for Ryan Anderson seems like a pretty good trade for both teams.

ihatetimthomas
11-15-2013, 07:04 PM

-Smak

How can they deny a trade request? Because they are freaken under contract. They employ them. They pay their salary. You know whats pretty insensitive? Asik being a baby and crying for a trade ever since Dwight came. Talk about disrespect to the org that gave you your contract.

They have not dealt him because he is a good player and likely have not gotten offers that make them better. Why do you make it seem like they owe it to him to trade him? All they owe to them is the money they are guaranteed. He needs to just man up and play hard for whoever pays him. Plain and simple.

All he has done now is put Houston in a terrible spot bc teams know they must deal the disgruntled player so they are going to offer low. So this will drag out longer than it should have. I understand he wants to start and play but do this behind closed doors.

TonyMontana
11-15-2013, 07:04 PM
ASIK TO MIAMI!

anyone except for LeBron, take your pick Houston. I'm sure you'll have interest in one of our other "franchise players".

gts
11-15-2013, 08:04 PM
So looks like Rockets have been trying to move him since this summer but are asking too much

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rockets-have-talked-to-multiple-teams-about-trading-disgruntled-center-omer-asik-230322619.html

bdreason
11-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Good. Him asking for a trade lowers his value. Who really wants to pay Asik 15m next year (expirer or not). The value in his contract came from the first two seasons.

KobesFinger
11-15-2013, 09:56 PM
ASIK TO MIAMI!

anyone except for LeBron, take your pick Houston. I'm sure you'll have interest in one of our other "franchise players".

Our? You're a LeBron stan, not a Heat fan

BallsOut
11-19-2013, 02:06 AM

Not even 10 games into the season and the Rockets chemistry is already affected by Dwightmare :biggums: