PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley: This guy (Dwight Howard) has not gotten better at all

STATUTORY
11-14-2013, 10:37 PM
speaking about Dwight's post game :roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :applause:

ripthekik
11-14-2013, 10:38 PM
i remember last year I said dwight was a useless scrub on the offense end, and dmavs got so pissed and wrote essays in reply :roll: :roll: :roll:

now people continue to see the truth, he is a defensive guy like tyson chandler, cant do crap on the offensive end on his own.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Yet when people say that here its "hating". :oldlol:

i remember last year I said dwight was a useless scrub on the offense end, and dmavs got so pissed and wrote essays in reply :roll: :roll: :roll:

now people continue to see the truth, he is a defensive guy like tyson chandler, cant do crap on the offensive end on his own.

Yep lol

Take Your Lumps
11-14-2013, 10:40 PM
I don't understand how people get so defensive about it....he's been in the league for an entire decade. He is what he is.

Jameerthefear
so how many laker fans threads on dwight is this now? granted he has been pretty awful and chuck is spot on. dwight done nothing but regress since his time in orlando.

CelticBaller
It' sad, dude can't even destroy softnani

Micku
11-14-2013, 10:41 PM
He looked good with his post game a game or two, but he's back to looking disappointing. Oh well. He is what he is at this point of his career. He looked a lot better in Orlando. Maybe that was just Stan Van Grundy offense.

Scholar
11-14-2013, 10:42 PM
I don't understand how people get so defensive about it....he's been in the league for an entire decade. He is what he is.

Oh. I see what you did there.

It's funny how people put emphasis on the fact that D12 would have past Rockets' bigs to learn up to for mentoring and helping develop his post game. Turns out a summer of practice ain't did shit for Dwight.

coin24
11-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Charles must be a salty laker fan:oldlol:

andgar923
I got respect for ShaqAttack and all, but he

CelticBaller
He looked good with his post game a game or two, but he's back to looking disappointing. Oh well. He is what he is at this point of his career. He looked a lot better in Orlando. Maybe that was just Stan Van Grundy offense.
He did have a lot shooters that helped him clear the post, and grab their missed shot. I'm hoping he could get back in track as soon as they ship Asik.

Jameerthefear
11-14-2013, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=andgar923]I got respect for ShaqAttack and all, but he

IGOTGAME
11-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Dwight just got hurt

TheMarkMadsen

Well lets be honest.

Nobody was watching his every game as a magic. SVG his his weakness as well.

He's being exposed for what he is now that he has the spotlight. Which is a good to elite help defender who at times is an elite rim protector (past 2 seasons hes dropped off defensively IMO) on any given night but nothing more than a role player on offense who benefits from being an athletic freak which allows him to explode at point blank range.

plowking

Yes... a defensive only center like Chandler, yet he scores double the points.

Great analysis by a dumb ass Laker fan again.

And what do you know, another Howard thread started by a Laker fan.

outbreak
11-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Dwight's never improving his offence, his game is what it is and it always has been. Acting like he is Tyson Chandler is absurd though, how many seasons has Chandler averaged 20 points or anywhere near that? How many teams has chandler led to the play offs as the best player?

Yeah he isn't a top scorer but he's not terrible and everyone has known his whole career he suffers on that end.

Droid101
11-14-2013, 10:47 PM
no shaqattack was 100% right. he never defended lakers dwight, but he was right as always about Dwight in orlando.
System/coach.

Looks like big men can be made/unmade by a certain system, just like every other player.

STATUTORY
11-14-2013, 10:48 PM
He did have a lot shooters that helped him clear the post, and grab their missed shot. I'm hoping he could get back in track as soon as they ship Asik.
all that does is mask the symptoms and doesn't treat the underlying problem which is Dwight's lack of dependable post moves

Orlando Dwight is the same as he is now, it's just his stats were inflated then by the very niche system SVG ran to stroke Dwight's ego

DWIGHT IS GETTING ABUSED BY BARGNAGNI. ENOUGH EXCUSES

passing to dwight is a wasted possession

plowking
11-14-2013, 10:52 PM
all that does is mask the symptoms and doesn't treat the underlying problem which is Dwight's lack of dependable post moves

Orlando Dwight is the same as he is now, it's just his stats were inflated then by the very niche system SVG ran to stroke Dwight's ego

DWIGHT IS GETTING ABUSED BY BARGNAGNI. ENOUGH EXCUSES

passing to dwight is a wasted possession

Why do you care again?

Hes not on your team.

CelticBaller
11-14-2013, 10:55 PM

He's almost 28, instead of hoping for him to get better, you accommodate to his style of play so you can maximize his minutes. With Harden on offense it shouldn't be so difficult.

STATUTORY
11-14-2013, 10:56 PM
He's almost 28, instead of hoping for him to get better, you accommodate to his style of play so you can maximize his playstyle. With Harden on offense it shouldn't be so difficult.
a coach's goal is to maxmize the team's potential and offensive output not to cater the offense to dwight. if dwight can't succeed in a system that's not designed around him then that's tough, he needs to internalize the fact he's nothing but a glorified tyson chandler and deal iwth it

CelticBaller
11-14-2013, 10:58 PM
a coach's goal is to maxmize the team's potential and offensive output not to cater the offense to dwight. if dwight can't succeed in a system that's not designed around him then that's tough, he needs to internalize the fact he's nothing but a glorified tyson chandler and deal iwth it
The Rockets would benefit with having Howard as scoring thread. Harden is expected to do so much is ridiculous.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Why do you care again?

Hes not on your team.

:oldlol:

Why do you care that he cares? You don't like the topic? Scram.

STATUTORY
11-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Why do you care again?

Hes not on your team.

:confusedshrug: don't like his corny ass

don't tread on my freedom bro

plowking
11-14-2013, 11:16 PM
:oldlol:

Why do you care that he cares? You don't like the topic? Scram.

We don't need 15 topics on the same thing. Bump your own thread. Hes made about 5 of them, so it applies.

Scram? Good one dude.

cranincu
11-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Kobe's going to be a great GM. He evaluated Dwight as Tyson Chandler when everyone in the league was riding his nuts as the best center in the league.

LA_Showtime
11-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Dwight had a decent low post game his last couple seasons in Orlando. He looks like a robot these days, though. His inability to do anything in the post is embarrassing to watch, really.

coin24
11-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Why do you care again?

Hes not on your team.

Why do you care if people post about dwight? Don't click on the thread if it's so painful for you genius:facepalm

Dresta
11-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Swear he's getting ripped every week on TNT now. Embarrassing.

guy
11-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Swear he's getting ripped every week on TNT now. Embarrassing.

ESPN the other day had a segment showing that Howard would have to make like his next 10,000 FTAs to get to about 80% for his career :oldlol:

livingby3's
11-15-2013, 02:07 AM
ESPN the other day had a segment showing that Howard would have to make like his next 10,000 FTAs to get to about 80% for his career :oldlol:

just in case anyone miss this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyQ00-1wwRE

Mr. Jabbar
11-15-2013, 02:37 AM
charles seeing w/everyone else sees, nuttin special

Fawker
11-15-2013, 02:37 AM
after the iggy game winner, westbrook went straight to the locker room. durant stayed by the replay monitor. who would you rather be?

Heavincent
11-15-2013, 02:55 AM
Dwight Howard, the so called "superstar" who has to be taken out of late game situations because he's too afraid to shoot FT's :oldlol: