PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard best Center in the NBA

TheReal Kendall
11-14-2013, 11:02 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So now do people see how overrated this dude is?:facepalm

He hasn't improved at all.

What's the excuse now? He's not hurt anymore and Kobe's not there so what's going on?

Like I said before give me Hibbert, Marc, Davis, and Noah over him.

I'll even take Asik and Gortat over Howard

CelticBaller
11-14-2013, 11:04 PM
I'll take Dwight over any player you named

He may not be playing well, but you gotta be stupid to take those guys over him.

russwest0
11-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Warriors looking smart as hell choosing Iguodala over Howard :rockon:

STATUTORY
11-14-2013, 11:05 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/821823035.gif

:roll:

plowking
11-14-2013, 11:06 PM
I'll take Dwight over any player you named

He may not be playing well, but you gotta be stupid to take those guys over him.

Exactly. None of those players come close.

This has fallen into Lebron James type territory of hate. I really disliked Howard the whole time, just in general, but with all this unwarranted hate, its hard not to root for him to succeed.

SacJB Shady
11-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Warriors looking smart as hell choosing Iguodala over Howard :rockon:

They wanted both

TheReal Kendall
11-14-2013, 11:09 PM

This has fallen into Lebron James type territory of hate. I really disliked Howard the whole time, just in general, but with all this unwarranted hate, its hard not to root for him to succeed.

I don't hate the guy but he's definitely overrated.

Even if dude was playing good I would rather have one the guys I named on my team instead Howard

plowking
11-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I don't hate the guy but he's definitely overrated.

Even if dude was playing good I would rather have one the guys I named on my team instead Howard

Why? None of them are as good as Howard.

CelticBaller
11-14-2013, 11:12 PM

i don't like the guy, but jesus people gotta be idiots to deny the talent he possesses.

christian1923
11-14-2013, 11:13 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause:

Mr. Jabbar
11-14-2013, 11:13 PM
i don't like the guy, but jesus people gotta be idiots to deny the talent he possesses.

dat talent :oldlol:

dgaras
11-14-2013, 11:14 PM
where were you all when i said yao was the best center years ago? oh yea on dwights nuts. please. all of you are just bandwagon idiots.

CelticBaller
11-14-2013, 11:16 PM
dat talent :oldlol:
n!gga you was on his dick when he joined the lakers :oldlol:

outbreak
11-14-2013, 11:23 PM

it's really becoming annoying to look at the front page and see 4 or 5 threads all saying the same things about Dwight while ignoring the good things he brings to a team. Today he has been terrible at everything but in other games where he's been bagged out here he has still put up good numbers.

He's leading the league in rebounds and top 5 in blocks yet people claim he's a scrub?

He's top 5 for biggest douchebags in the league but that doesn't mean he isn't still an elite big man. He's never been known as a great offensive player so you fools need to stop acting like your exposing his poor offence.

LA_Showtime
11-14-2013, 11:25 PM
it's really becoming annoying to look at the front page and see 4 or 5 threads all saying the same things about Dwight while ignoring the good things he brings to a team. Today he has been terrible at everything but in other games where he's been bagged out here he has still put up good numbers.

He's leading the league in rebounds and top 5 in blocks yet people claim he's a scrub?

He's top 5 for biggest douchebags in the league but that doesn't mean he isn't still an elite big man. He's never been known as a great offensive player so you fools need to stop acting like your exposing his poor offence.

He was a lot better in Orlando, especially his last few seasons. I expected him to regain that form this year, but it looks as though his athleticism, specifically his explosiveness, will never be the same.

CavaliersFTW
11-14-2013, 11:26 PM

Wow he telegraphs every move he makes :facepalm

CelticBaller
11-14-2013, 11:27 PM

It was more hilarious to watch a year ago when Laker fans hyped him up like he was the next Shaq/Jabbar. When most of ISH knew what the deal was with this guy :oldlol:

STATUTORY
Wow he telegraphs every move he makes :facepalm

:roll: ni99a's like one of those rooks playing Street fighter with the button combination scribbled on a paper to the side

PJR
This niqqa really got his shit packed by Bargnani doe? :oldlol:

outbreak
11-14-2013, 11:30 PM
It was more hilarious to watch a year ago when Laker fans hyped him up like he was the next Shaq/Jabbar. When most of ISH knew what the deal was with this guy :oldlol:

true, back then everyone else mentioned that he will struggle offensively out of the orlando system yet we got told working with lakers legends would teach him something to which we replied he has worked with hakeem for years and never changed his game. He is what he is on offence but that doesn't mean he isn't a great piece still. People acting like Chandler or Asik are better are just salty trolls.

Scholar
11-14-2013, 11:31 PM

What are you talking about? Dwight brought it upon himself.
He flip flopped between staying and leaving for an entire year in Orlando; he caused a Van Gundy to get fired, as well as the Magic's GM at the time, but then left ORL anyway; he called out his former Magic teammates last season, acting as though it was him alone taking that team to the 2009 Finals, ala Allen Iverson; he acted like he's some God-loving Christian with a good heart when he really is an adulterer falsifying his religious beliefs (trust me, dealt with 1 yr of him discussing "bless this," "God that" bullshit that the LA media loved to put emphasis on); he pretty much gave Lakers an ultimatum: either pick him or Kobe; he left the Lakers in a bs way after being carried to the 8th seed by Kobe; now he's garbage in HOU after acting like it was Kobe holding him back in LA.
Dude deserves all the hate coming his way & then some.

Kblaze8855
11-14-2013, 11:31 PM
What's the excuse now?

For putting up 18/15 and being likely all D first team if not DPOY?

Im not thinking he needs one.

Hating like this only shows the high standards hes held to.

In what people consider a poor start....he would retire a 15 time all star if he played like it his entire career.

Really...his last 5 games:

23/15/6/6
18/24/5
21/8/2
15/14
29/13

Oh how embarrassed he must be....hes having an off night in a game his team is winning at the moment. How will he ever show his face in public...

TheReal Kendall
11-14-2013, 11:32 PM

All I'm saying is the guy is mad overrated and he's not he best Center in the league.

I said this months ago and people bashed me but now everyone is seeing the light.

I don't think he's a scrub but there's other centers I would take over him cause dude is a liability on the court.

CelticBaller

In what people consider a poor start....he would retire a 15 time all star if he played like it his entire career.

23/15/6/6
18/24/5
21/8/2
15/14
29/13

Oh how embarrassed he must be....hes having an off night in a game his team is winning at the moment. How will he ever show his face in public...
go easy on them...

gts
Wow he telegraphs every move he makes :facepalmHe had that exact same shot blocked in the exact same way against Philly

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2013, 11:33 PM
I hope most of you realize he's gonna walk into the Hall Of Fame...

23/15/6/6
18/24/5
21/8/2
15/14
29/13

/thread

Kblaze8855
11-14-2013, 11:37 PM
A 6'10'' center caught on an island 20 feet from the basket man to man on a 30ppg scoring swingman....keeps up with him on the drive and blocks it. Team goes down and gets a dunk.

But that doesnt count.

TheReal Kendall
11-14-2013, 11:39 PM
go easy on them...

Huh?

I didn't say he wasn't a good defender or rebounder.

He's posting stats but that don't tell the whole story.

I go by the eye test and my eyes have been telling me that Howard isn't that great.

outbreak
11-14-2013, 11:40 PM
All I'm saying is the guy is mad overrated and he's not he best Center in the league.

I said this months ago and people bashed me but now everyone is seeing the light.

I don't think he's a scrub but there's other centers I would take over him cause dude is a liability on the court.

Yeah sorry dude, I'm more talking about others like nickyoung and pleeze who are making threads over and over. Before his last season in Orlando though I'd have to say he was pretty clearly the best in the league. Product of the system possibly but at the time he was the most effective and had the most impact. Now I still think he will come good and still be the best but you can make an argument for someone like Hibbert or Gasol being above him depending on what you value but Dwight's still a top 5 guy no matter how you look at it for the impact he's having.

I feel dirty defending him though because he's a sack of shit off the court but he's still making a legit impact on most of the games he plays

CelticBaller
Huh?

I go by the eye test and my eyes have been telling me that Howard isn't that great.
Then you must be blind if you think Hibbert or even Gortat ffs is better than Dwight :roll:

TheReal Kendall
A 6'10'' center caught on an island 20 feet from the basket man to man on a 30ppg scoring swingman....keeps up with him on the drive and blocks it. Team goes down and gets a dunk.

But that doesnt count.

Are you drunk bro? :facepalm

Never said he couldn't play D

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Huh?

Your eyes told you Carmelo was a better scorer than Durant and LeBron. you're clearly blind.

Kblaze8855
11-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Huh?

Your eyes see something other than literally every qualified person on the planet. Every GM who is, was or ever will be would take Dwight over Asik and Gortat. Which is why Asik backed up Noah while people beg Dwight to take their 100 million dollars.

Dont like him dont like him. I dont care. You start bringing up guys nobody will remember in 6 years claiming they are better than first ballot hall of famers I probably should have deleted your topic on sight.

You want to hate hate like a reasonable person.

TheReal Kendall
11-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Your eyes told you Carmelo was a better scorer than Durant and LeBron. you're clearly blind.

:lol

He is the better scorer.

Just imagine if Melo got the calls those 2 got

TheReal Kendall
11-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Your eyes see something other than literally every qualified person on the planet. Every GM who is, was or ever will be would take Dwight over Asik and Gortat. Which is why Asik backed up Noah while people beg Dwight to take their 100 million dollars.

Dont like him dont like him. I dont care. You start bringing up guys nobody will remember in 6 years claiming they are better than first ballot hall of famers I probably should have deleted your topic on sight.

You want to hate hate like a reasonable person.

:lol I don't hate dude. Hate is a strong word and I don't know him personally.

If you want to delete the thread then be my guest but does that mean you're gonna delete every opinion based thread that someone post?

Why wouldn't Asik backup Noah he was basically a rookie :facepalm

Dwight hasn't improved any at all.

It's all opinion though. I don't want him on my team

jzek
11-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Future Hall of Famer and it's not even debatable.

Kblaze8855
11-15-2013, 12:04 AM
There are opinions...and guys saying Kemba Walker is better than Chris Paul. Some things are so idiotic they are either "trolling" or someone so blinded by hate they dont need to be heard from.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1917323/gortatdreamshake.gif

Dwight does that people like you would be on here posting it saying "Lol...id take Gortat".

And a lot of you would be serious.

b1imtf
11-15-2013, 12:06 AM

What's the excuse now? He's not hurt anymore and Kobe's not there so what's going on?

Holy shit..

Mr. Jabbar
11-15-2013, 12:07 AM
1-5, 7pts, 5 t/o most overrated player of his era bar none.

TheReal Kendall
11-15-2013, 12:09 AM
There are opinions...and guys saying Kemba Walker is better than Chris Paul. Some things are so idiotic they are either "trolling" or someone so blinded by hate they dont need to be heard from.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1917323/gortatdreamshake.gif

Dwight does that people like you would be on here posting it saying "Lol...id take Gortat".

And a lot of you would be serious.

Yea the Kemba thing is crazy but I didn't say Gortat was better than Howard.

I just said I would take him over Howard which is what I prefer. Nothing crazy about that statement.

Thing is people jump down others throat over an opinion or preference and so quick to say something is idiotic because it's not the norm or it doesn't agree with the masses

outbreak
11-15-2013, 12:10 AM
1-5, 7pts, 5 t/o most overrated player of his era bar none.

leading the league in rebounds and top 5 in blocks. Forgot to mention that part.....

CelticBaller
11-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Thing is people jump down others throat over an opinion or preference and so quick to say something is idiotic because it's not the norm or it doesn't agree with the masses
Having an opinion does not excuse you from being ridiculed, especially when it's idiotic.

Kblaze8855
11-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Believe it or not....when 98% of people think one thing...the guys saying "Naaaaaah" are usually wrong.

Not always. But usually.

And the ones who turn out to be right are usually science types. And you dont strike me as that.

Im sure someone said something like

"Thing is people jump down others throat over an opinion or preference and so quick to say something is idiotic because it's not the norm or it doesn't agree with the masses"

When all those guys fell for that preacher saying the world would end last fall. Jackasses sold their homes and sat waiting for the end.

Sure...they had a right to believe it. Doesnt mean it was intelligent.

outbreak
11-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Believe it or not....when 98% of people think one thing...the guys saying "Naaaaaah" are usually wrong.

Not always. But usually.

And the ones who turn out to be right are usually science types. And you dont strike me as that.

especially so when the ones saying naaaaah ignore the stats and focus only on the things they see and want to focus on.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2013, 12:17 AM

Yea the Kemba thing is crazy but I didn't say Gortat was better than Howard.

I just said I would take him over Howard which is what I prefer. Nothing crazy about that statement.

Yes there is. It's like saying you would take Parsons over Durant. It's ****ing insane.

Mr. Jabbar
11-15-2013, 12:17 AM
when you excel at certain area and utterly suck at another, you are an average player in terms of impact, its simple math. dwight is an average/above average player, not a star. he should be in the hall of fame as well as the hall of shame, stats aside he plays with no heart, acts like a child and is a locker room problem. some ppl are just counter-reacting to the waves of dwight hate lately, but ultimately they need to realize he is just being exposed after his "lets all play for dwight" orlando tenure..

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2013, 12:20 AM
when you excel at certain area and utterly suck at another, you are an average player in terms of impact, its simple math. dwight is an average/above average player, not a star. he should be in the hall of fame as well as the hall of shame, stats aside he plays with no heart, acts like a child and is a locker room problem. some ppl are just counter-reacting to the waves of dwight hate lately, but ultimately they need to realize he is just being exposed after his "lets all play for dwight" orlando tenure..
So you think Harden, Melo, Irving and Kobe (last year) are all average in terms of impact cause they suck on defense? And dwight doesn't even suck on offense. He's not great but he's good.

Kblaze8855
11-15-2013, 12:21 AM
when you excel at certain area and utterly suck at another one, you are an average player in terms of impact, its simple math.

Even if he did suck on offense yet someone put up 18 a game for 10 years(a ****ing absurd notion)....

That being average or poor on one end means you cant be above average in overall impact is idiocy made obvious by probably 50 all time greats who didnt play defense and I dont think you are dumb enough not to know it. But I do believe almost everything you say is a joke so I tend to ignore you. And will continue for a while longer.

outbreak
11-15-2013, 12:22 AM
So you think Harden, Melo, Irving and Kobe (last year) are all average in terms of impact cause they suck on defense?

:applause: :applause: :applause:
shaq sucked a free throws and passing - he's average too
wallace and mutumbo were average
jordan was a poor three point shooter he was so average too
yeah I'm trolling now, sick of these threads popping up every day

b1imtf
11-15-2013, 12:23 AM

He is the better scorer.

Just imagine if Melo got the calls those 2 got
Their FTA's aren't that different.. Especially since LeBron went to Miami

Mr. Jabbar
11-15-2013, 12:23 AM
So you think Harden, Melo, Irving and Kobe (last year) are all average in terms of impact cause they suck on defense?

howard doesnt produce def. what kobe harden, melo, irving produce on O. dont get carried away by some fancy blocks that end of rivals anyway, or uncontested rebounds, I had 1 year of howard and still ask myself what was that dewfensive juggernaut shiet all about

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2013, 12:24 AM
howard doesnt produce def. what kobe harden, melo, irving produce on O. dont get carried away by some fancy blocks that end of rivals anyway, or uncontested rebounds, I had 1 year of howard and still ask myself what was that dewfensive juggernaut shiet all about
Yes he does. You can check any advanced stat or stat. Even from last year. Plus you're not even including rebounding (which he is the best in the league at).

fpliii
11-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Defense and rebounding are not a ****ing footnote, jesus christ people. Any offense from your center is a bonus.

I hope all of you who are holding his offense against him do the same for players who don't play defense (or are limited in terms of their impact on that end).

I don't like the guy at all, but this shit is so foolish it's not even funny.

outbreak
11-15-2013, 12:26 AM

thats the root of your problems, your basing your opinion on Dwight when he was injured and playing in a system that didn't use him correctly. You need to learn to get over last season

outbreak
11-15-2013, 12:27 AM
Defense and rebounding are not a ****ing footnote, jesus christ people. Any offense from your center is a bonus.

I hope all of you who are holding his offense against him do the same for players who don't play defense (or are limited in terms of their impact on that end).

I don't like the guy at all, but this shit is so foolish it's not even funny.

we need a mod with the balls to just lock/delete/merge all these threads, let the haters have one thread where they can all have a circle jerk about how bad he looks and how great their team is for letting him go.

fpliii
11-15-2013, 12:27 AM

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Dwight also doesn't block a TON of shots, most of it is intimidating, putting a body in the paint, contesting shots, and helping on D.

We did not have a full year of Dwight, he was hurt and shouldn't have been playing. We got a teaser of him post-ASB, during which he was the same player he always was offensively (on limited touches), and the best in the league defensively/rebounding. He now has his athleticism back since injuries aren't an issue.

This obsession with PPG is ridiculous, god dammit. Dwight's bitch made, but this mentality is so foolish. Not singling out you, it's literally 95% of the fanbase spewing this shit.

outbreak
11-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Are you ****ing kidding me?

Dwight also doesn't block a TON of shots, most of it is intimidating, putting a body in the paint, contesting shots, and helping on D.

We did not have a full year of Dwight, he was hurt and shouldn't have been playing. We got a teaser of him post-ASB, during which he was the same player he always was offensively (on limited touches), and the best in the league defensively/rebounding. He now has his athleticism back since injuries aren't an issue.

This obsession with PPG is ridiculous, god dammit. Dwight's bitch made, but this mentality is so foolish. Not singling out you, it's literally 95% of the fanbase spewing this shit.

Mr. Jabbar
11-15-2013, 12:29 AM
Even if he did suck on offense yet someone put up 18 a game for 10 years(a ****ing absurd notion)....

That being average or poor on one end means you cant be above average in overall impact is idiocy made obvious by probably 50 all time greats who didnt play defense and I dont think you are dumb enough not to know it. But I do believe almost everything you say is a joke so I tend to ignore you. And will continue for a while longer.

i really think you are overrating dwights D and underrating his poor O, theres a lot to dwight asides from the obvious that hurts teams too, i rlly had hopes when he came to LA only to face reality. ignore me anyway, ignorance is bliss

AussieG
11-15-2013, 12:30 AM
People seem to confuse athleticism with being good. The way Dwight gets talked about you'd think he is a superstar.. and he probably used to be back in his Orlando days but not lately. He's a solid C, but also brings a lot of problems and baggage with him.

Athleticism isn't everything.

You need to have skill too. And basketball IQ.. and good hands.. and a good touch. Not just hops.

He can block shots, and rebound. He can defend. But offensively, he's not even a star player. He's average. People act like he's Shaq but he's not even close. He had the POTENTIAL to be like Shaq.. but it's not even close. Nowhere near it.

Some of those players mentioned, have less ability in terms of the strongest part of their game but they are well rounded, they don't have weaknesses. Dwight is full of weaknesses.

Marc Gasol for example.. has a wide range of post moves, range to 20 feet, good FT, can rebound, can defend, high basketball IQ and maybe the best bigman passer in the league. A leader and a good teammate. His biggest weakness is his athleticism but it's pretty much his only weakness.

Dwight is very one dimensional as a player, if you take out blocks and rebounds.

And the number one thing.. that makes Dwight a liability is his team chemistry and attitude stuff. His ego. He has serious attitude problems, which means that even if he did have a well rounded game and could hit his FT's, he'd still be causing his team problems.

KingBeasley08
11-15-2013, 12:30 AM
I won't lie. Watching Dwight these past two years has been funny as shit. Someday hopefully there will be another legendary center. Hasn't been one since Shaq. Dead position in today's game

STATUTORY
11-15-2013, 12:34 AM
leading the league in rebounds and top 5 in blocks. Forgot to mention that part.....
blocking shots into the stands that weren't gonna go in and getting goaltends creditted as blocks aren't skills worth talking about

outbreak
11-15-2013, 12:34 AM
People seem to confuse athleticism with being good. The way Dwight gets talked about you'd think he is a superstar.. and he probably used to be back in his Orlando days but not lately. He's a solid C, but also brings a lot of problems and baggage with him.

You need to have skill too. And basketball IQ.. and good hands.. and a good touch. Not just hops.

He can block shots, and rebound. He can defend. But offensively, he's not even a star player. He's average. People act like he's Shaq but he's not even close. He had the POTENTIAL to be like Shaq.. but it's not even close. Nowhere near it.

Some of those players mentioned, have less ability in terms of the strongest part of their game but they are well rounded, they don't have weaknesses. Dwight is full of weaknesses.

Marc Gasol for example.. has a wide range of post moves, range to 20 feet, good FT, can rebound, can defend, high basketball IQ and maybe the best bigman passer in the league. A leader and a good teammate. His biggest weakness is his athleticism but it's pretty much his only weakness.

Dwight is very one dimensional as a player, if you take out blocks and rebounds.

And the number one thing.. that makes Dwight a liability is his team chemistry and attitude stuff. His ego. He has serious attitude problems, which means that even if he did have a well rounded game and could hit his FT's, he'd still be causing his team problems.

NOONE acts like he is shaq, NOONE says he is elite on offence. This is a myth everybody has always talked about how he should be good on offence but isn't. He still manages to consistently put up close to or over 20ppg a season though so let's not act like he is terrible on the offensive end either though.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2013, 12:37 AM

"If you take out 2/3s of the game Dwight is a one dimensional player" :facepalm

RoundMoundOfReb
NOONE acts like he is shaq, NOONE says he is elite on offence. This is a myth everybody has always talked about how he should be good on offence but isn't. He still manages to consistently put up close to or over 20ppg a season though so let's not act like he is terrible on the offensive end either though.
this.

TheReal Kendall
Yes there is. It's like saying you would take Parsons over Durant. It's ****ing insane.

Naw bro its a preference.

To the other guy about stats, stats don't tell the whole story.

You guys put too much stock in stats

Mr. Jabbar
11-15-2013, 12:38 AM
best thing dwight has done the past 2 years is elevate stan van gundy to godlike status

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2013, 12:39 AM

I literally have not posted 1 stat in this thread.

Also you can have crazy preferences. For instance Spanoulis > LeBron is euroleagues. Doesn't mean he isn't a moron just because it's a "preference".

outbreak

that's pretty hilarious, you do realise one of Dwights biggest assets is also his ability to alter shots which isn't recorded on stat sheets?

fpliii
that's pretty hilarious, you do realise one of Dwights biggest assets is also his ability to alter shots which isn't recorded on stat sheets?

Shhhh, the only stat that matters is PPG.

Mr. Jabbar
11-15-2013, 12:41 AM

agreed, goaltends should be recorded too

TheReal Kendall
11-15-2013, 12:43 AM

Great post

outbreak
11-15-2013, 12:44 AM
agreed, goaltends should be recorded too

you mean the exact same "goal tends" every other player in this league get's away with? That would be like if you start focusing on how he spends too long in the paint and doesn't get called for it enough.

fpliii
11-15-2013, 12:44 AM
"If you take out 2/3s of the game Dwight is a one dimensional player" :facepalm

Some of these kids just don't get it. :facepalm

TheReal Kendall
11-15-2013, 12:46 AM
I literally have not posted 1 stat in this thread.

Also you can have crazy preferences. For instance Spanoulis > LeBron is euroleagues. Doesn't mean he isn't a moron just because it's a "preference".

Seriously? Everybody know that guy just trolling.

I wasn't talking about you with the stats. I was talking bout the other dude but I couldn't think of his name and was too lazy to go back and look

outbreak
11-15-2013, 12:47 AM

Some of these kids just don't get it. :facepalm

if you take away Kobe's ppg he really is a one dimensional player

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Seriously? Everybody know that guy just trolling.

I wasn't talking about you with the stats. I was talking bout the other dude but I couldn't think of his name and was too lazy to go back and look
He actually isn't.

TheReal Kendall
11-15-2013, 12:48 AM

Jesus Christ! I know the dude can play D.

There's a lot of things that doesn't show up in the stat sheet.

What's your point?

b1imtf
If you take away Bargnani's shooting he really is a no dimension player

outbreak
:bowdown:

outbreak
11-15-2013, 12:49 AM
if you take away chris smith's wait that's not gonna work is it?

ClutchOver9000
11-15-2013, 12:51 AM

:oldlol:

b1imtf
11-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Who dafuq :lol

Mr. Jabbar
11-15-2013, 12:52 AM

rebounds are so overrated, in howards case at least, you put a scrub center and he'll grab half or maybe more than dwight just by position, try replacing a 27ppg dude with high iq, floor general and clutch genes. rebounds like the ones rondo gets are worth mentioning

TheReal Kendall
11-15-2013, 12:53 AM

fpliii
11-15-2013, 12:56 AM

lol I understand you're trying to make a point, but I have to call you out on this my good man.

rebounds are so overrated, in howards case at least, you put a scrub center and he'll grab half or maybe more than dwight just by position, try replacing a 27ppg dude with high iq, floor general and clutch genes. rebounds like the ones rondo gets are worth mentioning

This here is the root of the problem. SMH at the bolded.

Individual scoring is the most overrated ability. It's obviously very important, but you guys take it to the next level.

BTW what are you smoking with the bolded? :biggums:

I<3NBA
11-15-2013, 12:59 AM
last year Marc Gasol was already the best center. this year tho, it has to be given to Hibbert.

fpliii
11-15-2013, 01:01 AM
last year Marc Gasol was already the best center. this year tho, it has to be given to Hibbert.

So far I'd have to say so. Guy's incredible.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2013, 01:09 AM
If you take away Chris Smith's brother, he's flipping burgers.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Yeah and if we take a "scrub" sg let him shoot 20 times he'll score half of what Kobe scores (15 points).

Kblaze8855
11-15-2013, 07:04 AM
The idiocy of some people hating on Dwight is really like few situations ive ever seen in sports. Its just flat out lying, knowing nothing about basketball, or being childish.

Guy says people act like hes Shaq....

Really...who the **** acts like Dwight Howard is what Shaq was? Someone who was born in 1997?

Someone saying if you removed elements of a players game...hes one dimensional? What kind of braindead bullshit is that? If you...remove a few of something...there are less of them? Who would have guessed?

I saw a topic on how Dwight isn't an elite rebounder because he leads the league in uncontested rebounds. As if...there aren't only 2 reasons a falling basketball up for grabs wouldn't be contested. Its either:

1. You judged the shot well and beat everyone to the spot it was bouncing to so quickly nobody else could fight you for it without going over your back.

2. Someone potentially could have fought you for it....but your reputation/intimidation factor was such that they merely concede the ball to your team by not even trying to get it.

And these things are painted...as a BAD thing.

And Asik over Dwight is just a "preference". Its not like Asik has literally every weakness Dwight does while playing the same basic game minus 25 inches of vertical, half Dwights foot speed, and scoring a hell of a lot less. You know Asik scored under 10 points 43 times last season? You know how many times Dwight has scored under 10 points in the last 8 years combined?

And if that were not bad enough....

Since the guy who is gonna end up scoring 20 something thousand points in the NBA "sucks" at scoring he cant have better than average impact no matter how great he is at other aspects of the game. "Its simple math". Meanwhile ive seen the same guy downplay Lebron beating the 07 Pistons one reason being...they no longer had Ben Wallace and his 7ppg and 41% ft shooting!

Its like some of you are sitting on your computer typing with your heads literally stuffed up your own asses. Which would be impressive if you managed to overcome that handicap by enough to at least sound like you have watched a game of basketball.

Merely having your head up your ass doesnt mean anything you say gets the "Well...he managed to type it" bump.

A bad argument typed with your elbows is still a bad argument.

And most of you need to be fitted for a pair of clownshoes.

Wait....are clownshoes even fitted? Or is it a one size fits all thing?

Tell me...guys who think jumping high makes it easy to be top 2 in rebounds 7 years in a row, win 3 DPOYs, take an average team to the finals, and still find time to score 18-23 a game as a career 20/14/3 player in the playoffs....

Your clown shoes need to be custom fitted?

Im betting they are like sweat pants. Just...child and adult sizes. Im sure that saves time. Which is important when you must find a way to get your head inside your ass and back out before bed every time Dwight has an off scoring night. It sounds terribly time consuming.

Mr Exlax
11-15-2013, 12:33 PM
The idiocy of some people hating on Dwight is really like few situations ive ever seen in sports. Its just flat out lying, knowing nothing about basketball, or being childish.

Guy says people act like hes Shaq....

Really...who the **** acts like Dwight Howard is what Shaq was? Someone who was born in 1997?

Someone saying if you removed elements of a players game...hes one dimensional? What kind of braindead bullshit is that? If you...remove a few of something...there are less of them? Who would have guessed?

I saw a topic on how Dwight isn't an elite rebounder because he leads the league in uncontested rebounds. As if...there aren't only 2 reasons a falling basketball up for grabs wouldn't be contested. Its either:

1. You judged the shot well and beat everyone to the spot it was bouncing to so quickly nobody else could fight you for it without going over your back.

2. Someone potentially could have fought you for it....but your reputation/intimidation factor was such that they merely concede the ball to your team by not even trying to get it.

And these things are painted...as a BAD thing.

And Asik over Dwight is just a "preference". Its not like Asik has literally every weakness Dwight does while playing the same basic game minus 25 inches of vertical, half Dwights foot speed, and scoring a hell of a lot less. You know Asik scored under 10 points 43 times last season? You know how many times Dwight has scored under 10 points in the last 8 years combined?

And if that were not bad enough....

Since the guy who is gonna end up scoring 20 something thousand points in the NBA "sucks" at scoring he cant have better than average impact no matter how great he is at other aspects of the game. "Its simple math". Meanwhile ive seen the same guy downplay Lebron beating the 07 Pistons one reason being...they no longer had Ben Wallace and his 7ppg and 41% ft shooting!

Its like some of you are sitting on your computer typing with your heads literally stuffed up your own asses. Which would be impressive if you managed to overcome that handicap by enough to at least sound like you have watched a game of basketball.

Merely having your head up your ass doesnt mean anything you say gets the "Well...he managed to type it" bump.

A bad argument typed with your elbows is still a bad argument.

And most of you need to be fitted for a pair of clownshoes.

Wait....are clownshoes even fitted? Or is it a one size fits all thing?

Tell me...guys who think jumping high makes it easy to be top 2 in rebounds 7 years in a row, win 3 DPOYs, take an average team to the finals, and still find time to score 18-23 a game as a career 20/14/3 player in the playoffs....

Your clown shoes need to be custom fitted?

Im betting they are like sweat pants. Just...child and adult sizes. Im sure that saves time. Which is important when you must find a way to get your head inside your ass and back out before bed every time Dwight has an off scoring night. It sounds terribly time consuming.

:bowdown:

FireDavidKahn
11-15-2013, 01:50 PM

This is a .gif that will live in infamy throughout the annals of NBA history.

hawkfan
11-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Defense and rebounding, he's an excellent center, probably the best in the league.

Offensively, he's not even in the top 10.

Gasol, Lopez, Horford, Bogut, Cousins, Drummond, Bargnani, Bynum, Pekovic, Davis, Noah are better than him (that's 11 better than him).

MP.Trey
11-15-2013, 02:03 PM

:roll: Kblaze roasting. :applause:

PickernRoller
11-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Kblaze writing a wall of text on what he thinks your expections of Dwight should be....umm...:oldlol: :oldlol: :facepalm

Legends66NBA7
11-15-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm no fan of Howard, but when healthy he is the best center in the game. He didn't have a good game last night, but that doesn't mean he didn't improve. I mean, how many centers have even averaged close to the scoring numbers Dwight has over the last few years ?

Gortat and Asik are worse than Howard in almost every stat and ability. They backed up Howard for a reason. The rest, only Davis and maybe Gasol have potential to be better than Howard, but as of now they are not.

Most of you just wouldn't take any of these guys over Howard as a center. Even if it's about preference, just build around Howard's strengths. It's a lot easier than building around the other center's strengths.

davehos
11-16-2013, 07:32 AM
Oh, how soon they forget.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18m1ew27uc0qcgif/ku-medium.gif

Nick Young
11-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Defense and rebounding, he's an excellent center, probably the best in the league.

Offensively, he's not even in the top 10.

Gasol, Lopez, Horford, Bogut, Cousins, Drummond, Bargnani, Bynum, Pekovic, Davis, Noah are better than him (that's 11 better than him).
He is not the best defensive center in the NBA.

Bogut, Hibbert, Mark Gasol, Anthony Davis and for me even his own teammate Omer Asik are better defenders.

Horde of Temujin
11-16-2013, 10:32 AM

No its not. Especially consider the offensive production you get and he comes at a fraction of the price.

Take Your Lumps
11-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Is there a way to find out what percentage of Dwight's post touches happen with his feet actually touching the paint?

You can't be the best center in the game when you're constantly posting up from 15+ feet out. And if you are going to do that, you're gonna need more initial moves other than a pivot and reverse pivot.

SCdac
11-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Dwight making Bargs look like DPOY :roll:

In less than a month, Dwight will be 28.... what will his game be like at 30+ I wonder

He should be in the middle or back end of his prime. Yet it feels like he still has so much to learn... and it feels like his ego is the size of a stadium.

He may be the "best big man in the league", for whatever that's worth nowadays, but if I'm building a team now, give me Anthony Davis in a heartbeat.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1852495-anthony-davis-already-an-elite-nba-defender-at-age-20

Nick Young
11-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Opponents field goal percentage at the rim 2013/2014:
Roy Hibbert: 33.8%
Andrea Bargnani: 43.5%
Dwight Howard: 47.4%

Dwight Howard's very presence changes the way the opposing teams play:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LAZERUSS
11-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Opponents field goal percentage at the rim 2013/2014:
Roy Hibbert: 33.8%
Andrea Bargnani: 43.5%
Dwight Howard: 47.4%

Dwight Howard's very presence changes the way the opposing teams play:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

So in a sample-size of 8-10 games, you have come to the conclusion that Bargnani is a better defensive force than Dwight?

Maybe Bargnani will go on to win multiple DPOY's then.

It amazes me. How did Dwight ever make it to the NBA? He has no skills whatsoever. I can see why he didn't play college ball. He wasn't good enough.

Nick Young
11-16-2013, 12:42 PM
So in a sample-size of 8-10 games, you have come to the conclusion that Bargnani is a better defensive force than Dwight?

Maybe Bargnani will go on to win multiple DPOY's then.

It amazes me. How did Dwight ever make it to the NBA? He has no skills whatsoever. I can see why he didn't play college ball. He wasn't good enough.
I have come to no conclusions, I am only posting what the statistics currently say.

crisoner
11-16-2013, 12:42 PM
I'd take Hibbert over Dwight right now. And not just because Dwight is annoying.
But think about this....when you think about spending your money to see certain NBA players live is Dwight on that list???

In the past I paid top dollar for prime Shaq, Prime Hakeem, Prime Robinson, (yes I'm that old) and even got taken by my pops to see Moses Malone and Kareem as a kid. All worth the price of admission to see play.
But Dwight?????? I don't think so.

Nick Young
11-16-2013, 01:03 PM
I'd take Hibbert over Dwight right now. And not just because Dwight is annoying.
But think about this....when you think about spending your money to see certain NBA players live is Dwight on that list???

In the past I paid top dollar for prime Shaq, Prime Hakeem, Prime Robinson, (yes I'm that old) and even got taken by my pops to see Moses Malone and Kareem as a kid. All worth the price of admission to see play.
But Dwight?????? I don't think so.
Dwight at his peak (3-4 years ago) was nothing but a shit version of Alonzo Mourning.

Purch
11-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Its funny how much time I've spent defending Dwight as the best center right now.....However, during that game when Dwight got blocked by Bargs, I instantly flashed back to when T-mac tried to dunk the ball, and it hit front rim... and you just knew he would never be the same. Getting dominated by Bargs made me feel like the player Dwight was in Orlando might be dead and gone

ChuckOakley
11-16-2013, 01:34 PM
How many posters bashing Dwight are Laker fans who were calling him the best center in the league last season?

The guy is in another brand new situation and just warming up. He'll be fine. The only center I can see with an argument over him is Hibbert right now who hasn't exactly been the model of consistency his career.

RRR3
11-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Dwight at his peak (3-4 years ago) was nothing but a shit version of Alonzo Mourning.

Peak Dwight Howard 22.9/14.1/1.4/1.4/2.4 on .593/.000/.596, DPOY,2nd in MVP voting. 27/16 on 63% in playoffs.

Peak Alonzo Mourning 20.1/11.0/1.6/0.7/3.9 on .511/.000/.652, DPOY, 2nd in MVP voting. 22/8 on 52% in playoffs.

:confusedshrug:

STATUTORY
11-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Peak Dwight Howard 22.9/14.1/1.4/1.4/2.4 on .593/.000/.596, DPOY,2nd in MVP voting. 27/16 on 63% in playoffs.

Peak Alonzo Mourning 20.1/11.0/1.6/0.7/3.9 on .511/.000/.652, DPOY, 2nd in MVP voting. 22/8 on 52% in playoffs.

:confusedshrug:

need to adjust for era and competition

SacJB Shady
11-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Dwight is averaging as many rebounds as ever. What's the big deal here? How is he not having a good year? I'm lost

ChuckOakley
11-16-2013, 01:49 PM
need to adjust for era and competition
You mean in Dwight's favor considering players are bigger, stronger and more athletic as a whole? Mourning wasn't facing Hakeem and D.Rob every night you know.

SacJB Shady
11-16-2013, 01:53 PM
I think dwIght is still himself, I just think that people got used to him and raised their expectations. When he first came into the league people were shocked.

Nick Young
11-16-2013, 02:28 PM
You mean in Dwight's favor considering players are bigger, stronger and more athletic as a whole? Mourning wasn't facing Hakeem and D.Rob every night you know.
Even when he wasn't matched against the greats he had to go against guys like Rik Smits, Charles Oakley and Greg Ostertag.

ChuckOakley
11-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Even when he wasn't matched against the greats he had to go against guys like Rik Smits, Charles Oakley and Greg Ostertag.

Howard would have shat on all them except Oak was a PF BTW.

Nick Young
11-16-2013, 02:58 PM

Howard would have got shut down by Ostertag who was 7'2 280 pounds and wouldn't have been able to do anything against 7'4 Smits on either side of the court.

Howard can't do shit against legit size, remember how Ming used to school him every game they played?

inclinerator
11-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Howard would have got shut down by Ostertag who was 7'2 280 pounds and wouldn't have been able to do anything against 7'4 Smits on either side of the court.

Howard can't do shit against legit size, remember how Ming used to school him every game they played?
to be fair yao was heading down to be one of the best centers of all time

secund2nun
11-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Dwight is the best center in the NBA.

STATUTORY
11-16-2013, 03:53 PM

:roll: :roll:

just like he shat on Bargnagni?

Horde of Temujin
11-16-2013, 04:23 PM

That is foolish.

MavsSuperFan
11-16-2013, 06:00 PM

Are we talking about the same Howard that got shit on by andrea bargnani

Nick Young
11-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Are we talking about the same Howard that got shit on by andrea bargnani
:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :hammertime: :hammertime: :djparty

RoundMoundOfReb
06-04-2014, 03:40 AM

Bump. I still can't believe how absolutely idiotic some of the stuff said in this thread was :roll:

#TheNorthRemembers

JohnFreeman
06-04-2014, 03:52 AM
BOOGIE

http://cjzero.com/gifs/DeMarcusCousinsDribbleBlowByGorguiDeng.gif

GimmeThat
06-04-2014, 03:57 AM
Dwight probably just needs to work on his conditioning and his social skills over the offseason

And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I don't think it's skill set he needs to work on right now
but just him being a better leader.

And that probably just involves meeting and dealing with people he may like or dislike.

Maybe strangers, get out of the small town.
I'd suggest somewhere where people don't care about basketball players as much.