PDA

View Full Version : How many All Stars will warriors get?

SacJB Shady
11-15-2013, 09:13 PM
I know it's early but Klay is shooting 50 percent from 3's and 54 overall. 20.4 points per game and he's always guarding Currys man. Often times igg doesn't get proper recognition either but he may deserve it.

It will be unfortunate of kobe makes it over them. Lee has been doing well but with love back strong and his reduction of minutes that might make it harder. But then again, Duncan's numbers are lower.

I'm guessing if curry is heathy hell get in and I think there is a small forward spot Iggy should get. Will be tough for Klay especially with Kobe to take up another spot.

Myth
11-15-2013, 09:14 PM
I think 0-2 is a safe bet.

inclinerator
11-15-2013, 09:18 PM
one

Brujesino
11-15-2013, 09:19 PM

AI Thornton
11-15-2013, 09:20 PM
West:
Lee
Curry
Iggy

East:
Lee

Le Shaqtus
11-15-2013, 09:26 PM
None.

Bobcats2013
11-15-2013, 09:39 PM
I could see Curry and Lee.

sundizz
11-15-2013, 10:31 PM
As of right now (in order)

Chris Paul
Kevin Love
James Harden
Anthony Davis
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard
Stephen Curry
Blake Griffin

are basically the only spots locked up 10 games into the season (if they had to pick today).

Collie
11-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Curry will get in. The NBA still hasn't lived down not including him last year, so it's almost certain he'll get in this year.

alec613
11-15-2013, 10:56 PM

Chris Paul
Kevin Love
James Harden
Anthony Davis
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard
Stephen Curry
Blake Griffin

are basically the only spots locked up 10 games into the season (if they had to pick today).

Kobe's a lock due to popularity alone.

Curry has to be in

FreezingTsmoove
11-15-2013, 11:12 PM

Chris Paul
Kevin Love
James Harden
Anthony Davis
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard
Stephen Curry
Blake Griffin

Westbrook, Kobe

k0kakw0rld
11-15-2013, 11:12 PM
West:
Lee
Curry
Iggy

East:
Lee
:biggums:

Klay Thompson needs to be there too.
Leading the team in scoring :applause:

BarberSchool
11-15-2013, 11:36 PM
West:
Lee
Curry
Iggy

East:
LeeLOL good answer LOL

SacJB Shady
11-16-2013, 12:54 AM
:biggums:

Klay Thompson needs to be there too.
Leading the team in scoring :applause:

and field goal pct. It's what I'm saying. But the league might overlook it.

Gabuyaux
11-16-2013, 03:44 AM
4 All-stars.

bdreason
11-16-2013, 04:42 AM
If we have a competitive record, Curry probably makes it. Depending on how shallow the F position is, and how good our record is, maybe Lee makes it again.

SacJB Shady
11-16-2013, 04:52 AM
If we have a competitive record, Curry probably makes it. Depending on how shallow the F position is, and how good our record is, maybe Lee makes it again.

But I don't see why Iggy can't make it. Without him, we're not anywhere near as dangerous.

bdreason
11-16-2013, 04:56 AM
But I don't see why Iggy can't make it. Without him, we're not anywhere near as dangerous.

And Bogut is probably our most important player... but that's not how All-Star voting works.

SacJB Shady
11-16-2013, 04:59 AM
And Bogut is probably our most important player... but that's not how All-Star voting works.

then it's kinda flawed

bdreason
11-16-2013, 05:03 AM
then it's kinda flawed

Yao Ming would probably be voted a starter if his name was on the ballot.

So yes, the system is kinda flawed.

aj1987
11-16-2013, 05:05 AM
then it's kinda flawed
Just because a guy is important to your team doesn't mean that he has to make the All-Star game. Bogut and Iggy are important pieces for the Warriors, but Bogut is not a top 5 C and Iggy is not a top Guard/Forward.

If the All-Star selection worked according to your logic, there would be over 100 All-Stars every year.

SacJB Shady
11-16-2013, 05:06 AM
Just because a guy is important to your team doesn't mean that he has to make the All-Star game. Bogut and Iggy are important pieces for the Warriors, but Bogut is not a top 5 C and Iggy is not a top Guard/Forward.

If the All-Star selection worked according to your logic, there would be over 100 All-Stars every year.

But Iggy is a top guard/forward. Actually literally. A top guard/forward combo. There is a reason why Denver won 57 games last year. Don't compare Iggy to just any 100 players. Come on.

aj1987
11-16-2013, 05:13 AM
But Iggy is a top guard/forward. Actually literally. A top guard/forward combo.
Iggy would be selected as a backcourt player. Players who'll make it over him? CP3, Westbrook, Kobe, Harden, Curry, Klay, Parker, etc. Iggy has literally NO chance of making the All-Star game. Front court? Durant, Howard, Griffin, LMA, Love, DMC, AD, Dirk, etc. Bogut has no chance as well.

Now that I think about it, even Klay might not make the ASG.

SacJB Shady
11-16-2013, 05:19 AM
Iggy would be selected as a backcourt player. Players who'll make it over him? CP3, Westbrook, Kobe, Harden, Curry, Klay, Parker, etc. Iggy has literally NO chance of making the All-Star game. Front court? Durant, Howard, Griffin, LMA, Love, DMC, AD, Dirk, etc. Bogut has no chance as well.

Now that I think about it, even Klay might not make the ASG.

Kobe has not done anything, which is why I'm saying this system is flawed. And Iggy probably deserves it as much as Klay. Griffin might not deserve it either, but he's popular. In terms of impacting a team, any team, Iggy is better than Love, Lamarcus, etc... I don't see why Dirk should get it either. Iggy deserves it over half the guys you mentioned, he can impact any team almost, not just the Warriors.

sundizz
11-16-2013, 06:07 AM
I like that you rep our team Shady but you are an idiot. It is a simple test...is the player one of the 12 best in the conference. Sometimes, players get cut because of the guards vs. forwards vs. centers nonsense, but usually well deserving players make it.

Players that have done more/are better/have a larger impact on wins and losses for their team (in order of their rankings):

1. Chris Paul
2. Kevin Love
3. James Harden
4. Kevin Durant
5. Stephen Curry
6. Anthony Davis
7. Damian Lillard
8. Tony Parker
9. Damian Lillard
10. Dwight Howard
11. Monta Ellis
12. David Lee
13. Blake Griffin
14. Lemarcus Aldridge
15. Eric Bledsoe
16. Ty Lawson

Every single one of those players is more deserving than Iggy. They are all on winning teams except Anthony Davis and Ty Lawson. Of course this was all drastically change in a few months.

Most likely to make it:

Tony Parker, Damian Lillard, Lemarcus Aldridge, Cp3, BGriff, Curry, Lee, Klove, Anthony Davis, Durant, Westbrook, Howard and Harden

SacJB Shady
11-16-2013, 06:30 AM
I like that you rep our team Shady but you are an idiot. It is a simple test...is the player one of the 12 best in the conference. Sometimes, players get cut because of the guards vs. forwards vs. centers nonsense, but usually well deserving players make it.

Players that have done more/are better/have a larger impact on wins and losses for their team (in order of their rankings):

1. Chris Paul
2. Kevin Love
3. James Harden
4. Kevin Durant
5. Stephen Curry
6. Anthony Davis
7. Damian Lillard
8. Tony Parker
9. Damian Lillard
10. Dwight Howard
11. Monta Ellis
12. David Lee
13. Blake Griffin
14. Lemarcus Aldridge
15. Eric Bledsoe
16. Ty Lawson

Every single one of those players is more deserving than Iggy. They are all on winning teams except Anthony Davis and Ty Lawson. Of course this was all drastically change in a few months.

Most likely to make it:

Tony Parker, Damian Lillard, Lemarcus Aldridge, Cp3, BGriff, Curry, Lee, Klove, Anthony Davis, Durant, Westbrook, Howard and Harden

You have no credibility if Monta Ellis is on that list. Not only did you put Damian Lilliard on that list, but you gave him 2 spots. Putting Bledsoe over Iguodala is preposterous.

sundizz
11-16-2013, 08:50 AM
You have no credibility if Monta Ellis is on that list. Not only did you put Damian Lilliard on that list, but you gave him 2 spots. Putting Bledsoe over Iguodala is preposterous.

No need to attack a fellow Dubs fan...just don't be silly. It's what gets us real fans the hate from others.

As of right now the Mavs are 5-4 (we're 6-3 btw), and Monta is putting up good stats:
22.2 ppg, 4.7 apg, 3.4 rpg with 1.6 spg on 47% and 86%. As of RIGHT NOW, he's the engine/workhorse on a winning Western Conference squad. Give him his credit. He held the Dubs down while he was here...no idea why you hate him so much. He has his flaws no doubt, and it is why a team with him will never be elite. However, when he has it going efficiently like he is now...he is a great offensive weapon.

Bledsoe, it is very likely he'll drop off but he's a stellar defender, and is putting up beastly stats on a surprising 5-4 start Suns. Without him they are nada:
20.4 ppg 6.8 apg, 4.6 rpg, 1.8 spg on 50% and 83%

Lastly, the Blazers are a blazing 7-2 and Lillard is their heart.
19.6 ppg, 5.6 apg, 4.8 rpg, with 3 tres a game. His efficiency is horrible...but he is the reason they win games. Lemarcus is the workhorse, and he is the one that finishes it for them.

In what way is the 14.2 ppg, 6.1 apg, 3.9 rpg, 2.0 spg on 60% fg and 56% ft Andre how you iggy so fly on a 6-3 dubs more deserving off a spot?

All Net
11-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Curry is a lock.

SacJB Shady
11-16-2013, 01:00 PM
No need to attack a fellow Dubs fan...just don't be silly. It's what gets us real fans the hate from others.

As of right now the Mavs are 5-4 (we're 6-3 btw), and Monta is putting up good stats:
22.2 ppg, 4.7 apg, 3.4 rpg with 1.6 spg on 47% and 86%. As of RIGHT NOW, he's the engine/workhorse on a winning Western Conference squad. Give him his credit. He held the Dubs down while he was here...no idea why you hate him so much. He has his flaws no doubt, and it is why a team with him will never be elite. However, when he has it going efficiently like he is now...he is a great offensive weapon.

Bledsoe, it is very likely he'll drop off but he's a stellar defender, and is putting up beastly stats on a surprising 5-4 start Suns. Without him they are nada:
20.4 ppg 6.8 apg, 4.6 rpg, 1.8 spg on 50% and 83%

Lastly, the Blazers are a blazing 7-2 and Lillard is their heart.
19.6 ppg, 5.6 apg, 4.8 rpg, with 3 tres a game. His efficiency is horrible...but he is the reason they win games. Lemarcus is the workhorse, and he is the one that finishes it for them.

In what way is the 14.2 ppg, 6.1 apg, 3.9 rpg, 2.0 spg on 60% fg and 56% ft Andre how you iggy so fly on a 6-3 dubs more deserving off a spot?

Dude. I don't know if you are trolling, but you just answered your own set of questions. I don't think you really watch the game. I used to think like you about Iggy before I really watched, but he does so much more than the stats will tell you.

That's another thing. Monta is putting up the same stats for them that he did with us. And he is still the same player. Did you see the game for them last night, with the bad shot selection and turnover that costs them? You just said it yourself, that he is the reason his team will never be elite.

Well, Iggy is the reason the Warriors are in that elite group. So what if Monta is the workhorse for his team? What does that mean? He's not shooting a higher percentage than Iggy, he's not averaging more assists that Iggy, he's not averaging more steals than Iggy, and lastly Iggy's defense alone makes him a better player than Monta. Have you watch them on the defensive end? You already know that Iggy is hands down better than Monta in all of the above. Okay, So what are you talking about then? Quit.

SacJB Shady
11-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Its a popularity contest. The casual fan does not know who Klay is or Iggy or how good they are doing. Curry is getting his name out there and starting to get recognized. I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe makes it

Yes, that's all true.

sundizz
11-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Dude. I don't know if you are trolling, but you just answered your own set of questions. I don't think you really watch the game. I used to think like you about Iggy before I really watched, but he does so much more than the stats will tell you.

That's another thing. Monta is putting up the same stats for them that he did with us. And he is still the same player. Did you see the game for them last night, with the bad shot selection and turnover that costs them? You just said it yourself, that he is the reason his team will never be elite.

Well, Iggy is the reason the Warriors are in that elite group. So what if Monta is the workhorse for his team? What does that mean? He's not shooting a higher percentage than Iggy, he's not averaging more assists that Iggy, he's not averaging more steals than Iggy, and lastly Iggy's defense alone makes him a better player than Monta. Have you watch them on the defensive end? You already know that Iggy is hands down better than Monta in all of the above. Okay, So what are you talking about then? Quit.

They have completely different roles on a team. Iggy is never going to be a huge game in and game out scoring threat (ala a normal 6th man). For example, if we traded Iggy for Monta the starting lineup would be Curry, Klay, Barnes, Lee and Bogut with Monta as the 6th man. Monta would definitely be the best, or top 3 sixth men in the league. He would feast on backup defenses, and he has shown the ability to score. As a 6th man, that is all he has to do. He has shown he cannot be the main option (and neither can Iggy) for a championship level team.

DuMa
11-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Curry and Lee. no other. if there is an injury, i can see maybe Klay gettin in before Iggy. sad though because i think Iggy is more important than Klay

SacJB Shady
11-17-2013, 02:08 AM
They have completely different roles on a team. Iggy is never going to be a huge game in and game out scoring threat (ala a normal 6th man). For example, if we traded Iggy for Monta the starting lineup would be Curry, Klay, Barnes, Lee and Bogut with Monta as the 6th man. Monta would definitely be the best, or top 3 sixth men in the league. He would feast on backup defenses, and he has shown the ability to score. As a 6th man, that is all he has to do. He has shown he cannot be the main option (and neither can Iggy) for a championship level team.

That's complete nonsense. Thompson wouldn't be having the year he's having if not for Iggy. Iggy is a legit superstar. Warriors would be worse with Monta, why have a frivolous discussion? Btw compare Monta's defense to Iguodala and tell me who the better player is. The answer is obvious and it's not Monta.

BallsOut
Curry is a lock.

That's what people said last year when he had his best year and he still didn't make it. Curry ain't a lock.

SacJB Shady
Curry and Lee. no other. if there is an injury, i can see maybe Klay gettin in before Iggy. sad though because i think Iggy is more important than Klay

yea I know it's sad.

sundizz
11-17-2013, 09:09 AM
That's complete nonsense. Thompson wouldn't be having the year he's having if not for Iggy. Iggy is a legit superstar. Warriors would be worse with Monta, why have a frivolous discussion? Btw compare Monta's defense to Iguodala and tell me who the better player is. The answer is obvious and it's not Monta.

You really fail to understand the term ALL-STAR. It doesn't mean who is a better fit for the Dubs, or who is the better team player. It means who is a star. Iggy is not a star on this dubs team. He is glue, he is heart, he is hustle. He is as every bit as important as anyone not named Steph Curry right now, but you take him off the Dubs and he is not a franchise level player. There are 12 players that any GM would take to start a franchise over Iggy in the West right now. It's as simple as that.

cos88
11-17-2013, 10:31 AM
curry. with some injuries in the west i could see klay as well.

SacJB Shady
11-17-2013, 10:46 AM
You really fail to understand the term ALL-STAR. It doesn't mean who is a better fit for the Dubs, or who is the better team player. It means who is a star. Iggy is not a star on this dubs team. He is glue, he is heart, he is hustle. He is as every bit as important as anyone not named Steph Curry right now, but you take him off the Dubs and he is not a franchise level player. There are 12 players that any GM would take to start a franchise over Iggy in the West right now. It's as simple as that.

Except you're demonstrably wrong. Helping your team win means you're a star. If you score 40 points but can't win, you're not a star. I want a guy that can help me win, not a guy that gets his own. Go watch Moneyball. Different sport, same concept. There are more than one kinds of stars and why don't you take into account defense? Think outside the box. Btw Iggy is shooting over 60 percent. So either way he is a star, a star we need, that anyone would need. And monta Ellis is not one. You need the watch the game. Because right now, you don't sound too NBA bright. Really. I mean it. It's best you look into what u r saying. It's nonsense and you're part of the problem we have when it comes to NBA ignorance.

Btw, how's that 57 wins from Denver last year taste? Half those players you mentioned could never do that.

Spaulding
11-17-2013, 11:40 AM
I'd much rather have Thompson than Griffin.

roffie
11-17-2013, 11:42 AM
zero just because you made this thread