PDA

View Full Version : How good can Anthony Davis be at his peak?

Inferno
11-16-2013, 11:28 PM
My god, he's barely 20 :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

juju151111
11-16-2013, 11:30 PM
My god, he's barely 20 :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Great, but he will probably be on a garbage team most of his career. He like a KG copy, but with a better body at 20.

Johnny Jones
11-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Probably average something like 23/13/3 on 51%

LoneyROY7
11-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Probably average something like 23/13/3 on 51%

At his peak? He's practically averaging that now.

He'll probably put up an MVP season of 26/14/4. Prime Timmy Duncan level.

Jacks3
11-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Best player in the league.

FKAri
11-16-2013, 11:47 PM
As good as Steve Nash in Westbrook's body.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Best player in the league.
This. Very possible he'll be the successor to LeBron. KD, as good as he is, may never be the best player in the league.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-16-2013, 11:57 PM
This. Very possible he'll be the successor to LeBron. KD, as good as he is, may never be the best player in the league.

What I've been thinking.

LeBron, to Durant for a year or two, and then it's Unibrow's turn to rule the league for a good while. He's progressing faster than I thought so he might just jump Durant altogether before LeBron hits a wall.

K Xerxes
11-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Although he is a tremendous talent, it's way too early to say. Just because we've seen what a similar player has turned out to be doesn't mean he'll turn out the same way at all. He could turn out to be better than KG if he maxes out, but he might not get near at all.

He has started out this season phenomenally; it'll be interesting to see if he could maintain that production over the course of the season.

gyu
11-17-2013, 12:16 AM
He won't have the all around game that KG has (ie. ball handling, passing) but he will be better than prime KG on both ends.

ukfan22
11-17-2013, 02:24 AM
He won't have the all around game that KG has (ie. ball handling, passing)

Why not?

noob cake
11-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Anthony Davis is a monster.

I'll take him over Wiggins right now, possibly over Parker.

moe94
11-17-2013, 03:19 AM
Anthony Davis is a monster.

I'll take him over Wiggins right now, possibly over Parker.
You actually think Parker is going to project into a better player than Davis or Wiggins?:oldlol:

redboy
11-17-2013, 03:22 AM
I swear I knew that Davis was going to be good but I didn't expect him to be shooting jump shots like a shooting guard out there...

plowking
11-17-2013, 03:25 AM
He won't have the all around game that KG has (ie. ball handling, passing) but he will be better than prime KG on both ends.

Who knows? He was a point guard before his growth spurt after all.

I see a slightly better version of KG at this point. Hes already more athletic, more nimble, and he has great awareness on both ends of the court.

moe94
11-17-2013, 03:27 AM
Hes already more athletic, more nimble.
Except no?

KG was taller and longer and a better leaper. KG was a world class freak type athlete, in his prime. He was considered a new type of PF because other bigs could not handle his combination of size, length and agility.

juju151111
11-17-2013, 03:31 AM

I see a slightly better version of KG at this point. Hes already more athletic, more nimble, and he has great awareness on both ends of the court.
More athletic. Wtf are you talking about. I agree he has the potential to be Bette then KG, but you seem to be thinking of Boston KG. KG use dunk from everywhere and guard SG. Just like how people who think Ray Allen was just a jumpshooter. He was jumping and dunking in traffic. None of the Big 3 was in their athletic prime in Boston. Garnett was quick and had way better dribble and seemed to be the better passer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJiJeOHzLm0

juju151111
11-17-2013, 03:33 AM
Except no?

KG was taller and longer and a better leaper. KG was a world class freak type athlete, in his prime. He was considered a new type of PF because other bigs could not handle his combination of size, length and agility.
Agreed idk Wtf he is talking about. KG was dribbling like a SG and passing like a PG. I see some similarities through, but KG was just more of a athletic freak.

moe94
11-17-2013, 03:35 AM
Agreed idk Wtf he is talking about. KG was dribbling like a SG and passing like a PG. I see some similarities through, but KG was just more of a athletic freak.
I think people are too used to Celtics KG and I fear his legacy will suffer because of that. We already got people thinking he was a worse athlete than Davis.:facepalm

juju151111
11-17-2013, 03:38 AM
I think people are too used to Celtics KG and I fear his legacy will suffer because of that. We're already got people thinking he was a worse athlete than Davis.:facepalm
The samething happened to Ray Allen. They think all he does was shoot. Ray Allen led his team to the ecf and played great. He was dunking in traffic and avgerging 25 ppg. They have lost it.

DFish24
11-17-2013, 04:13 AM
Barkley or KG type level.

plowking
11-17-2013, 04:13 AM
Except no?

Nah, he wasn't a better leaper. Longer? Doubt it. Davis has the tied largest wingspan in the league along with Javale McGee.

Yeah, at the time, KG was a new class type of PF. Anthony Davis is cut from the same cloth. Hes simply, a shorter, but more athletic version of KG. And he probably does have a longer wingspan than KG too.

Nick Young
11-17-2013, 08:18 AM
More athletic. Wtf are you talking about. I agree he has the potential to be Bette then KG, but you seem to be thinking of Boston KG. KG use dunk from everywhere and guard SG. Just like how people who think Ray Allen was just a jumpshooter. He was jumping and dunking in traffic. None of the Big 3 was in their athletic prime in Boston. Garnett was quick and had way better dribble and seemed to be the better passer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJiJeOHzLm0
lawl so many of his best plays are just lucky fluke circus layups in traffic and a few boring regular season buzzer beaters. Definition of overrated=KG. I think Davis is more athletic and is longer. I remember a few years Lakers matched up against Timberwolves in the playoffs, Kevin Garnett didn't do shit. He's like a more aggressive Lamar Odom who plays better D.

HomieWeMajor
11-17-2013, 08:26 AM
24/13/4/2/4 on 54/30/84

moe94
11-17-2013, 08:31 AM
lawl so many of his best plays are just lucky fluke circus layups in traffic and a few boring regular season buzzer beaters. Definition of overrated=KG. I think Davis is more athletic and is longer. I remember a few years Lakers matched up against Timberwolves in the playoffs, Kevin Garnett didn't do shit. He's like a more aggressive Lamar Odom who plays better D.
You are a moron.

Garnett was a tragedy in terms of his career. He was absolutely wasted by being on a pure garbage team throughout his ENTIRE prime. By the time he went to the Celtics, he was already regressed from his MVP form. He was only truly elite that first year in Boston.

He didn't do shit? Is that why he averaged 24/14/4.5 against the Lakers in the playoffs? Is that nothing? Really? :rolleyes:

Kevin Garnett, in 2004, was among, if not, the best PF this league has ever seen.

sundizz
11-17-2013, 09:06 AM

I think people forget how absolutely beastly athletic KG was. In KG's prime he was significantly better at every aspect of basketball than AD is sniffing right now. An absolute knock down shooter, a beast protector as a man and help defender, great court awareness and vision, with ridiculous levels of athleticism. The season he won MVP he led the NBA in efficiency, total points, total rebounds for the season.