PDA

View Full Version : Jared Sullinger was such a steal...

Shade8780
11-17-2013, 01:38 PM
He's averaged 12 and 5 on only 21 MPG this season. That's 21 and 9 per 36 minutes. I think he's got All-Star potential. Maybe the next David West. We got him with the 21st pick, but he could've went top 5 if it weren't for the back problems before the Draft. Very excited to have him for the future.

HomieWeMajor
11-17-2013, 01:44 PM
I see a poor man's Elton Brand

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 01:47 PM
He's averaged 12 and 5 on only 21 MPG this season. That's 21 and 9 per 36 minutes. I think he's got All-Star potential. Maybe the next David West. We got him with the 21st pick, but he could've went top 5 if it weren't for the back problems before the Draft. Very excited to have him for the future.
lol

Shade8780
11-17-2013, 01:50 PM
lol
How many Cs games have you seen this year?

Andrew Wiggins
he has major back problems and may only be able to play for 4-5 more years

but yes, he has game. kevin love is his role model

b1imtf
I see a poor man's Elton Brand
Not bad..

MMM
11-17-2013, 01:52 PM
lol

he is a Pf/C in the east it is not that far of a stretch to say one day he can be an all star big. It could be a Jamal Maglorie ASG or a David West type.

kNIOKAS
11-17-2013, 01:56 PM
He seemed alright in the first years, but sort of limited, too. Kind of Big Baby. I haven't seen him lately, I hope you're right.

IncarceratedBob
11-17-2013, 02:02 PM
His knees won't allow him to play for more than 25 minutes at a high level in the NBA. One reason why he fell in the draft, nice role player for a contender one day.

kurple
11-17-2013, 02:08 PM
was crushed when denver passed on him.

still, fournier looks solid.

cos88
11-17-2013, 02:12 PM

beastley is averaging 31 ppg per 36.

no question the worst stat in basketball

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Every time he gets the minutes/touches he looks very good. He has a pretty solid back to the basket game and is a great finisher & rebounder. I think he needs to stop taking so many threes though, he rarely took any last season.

alenleomessi
11-17-2013, 02:25 PM
why does he play only 21 min on a tanking team?

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-17-2013, 02:26 PM
why does he play only 21 min on a tanking team?
Logjam at the PF position.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Logjam at the PF position.

Is Kris Humphries part of that logjam? :lol

CelticBaller
11-17-2013, 02:31 PM
lol
You're going to regret that

And funny thing is, this was the same guy that was a top 3 pick the draft before :D

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Is Kris Humphries part of that logjam? :lol
Not really, he's only getting 11 minutes. Right now Sully is getting less minutes than Olynyk and Bass at the PF position. He's been more of a back up center for most of the season. I've always thought he should be starting next to Faverani though.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-17-2013, 02:41 PM
there was never a knock on his play...

it was always about his back and his heatlh...hope he stays healthy....

ballup
11-17-2013, 03:20 PM
He may also be getting lower minutes because his conditioning isn't where it should be. He's a very established player with his great position, low post abilities, range through and up to the 3 point line. If he can get some more finesse in his post game like O'Clinik, he can easily go against taller defenders.

gyu
11-17-2013, 03:23 PM
If he could average 21 and 9 given the minutes then no doubt he would be starting and given the minutes. Don't give me a PF log jam excuse, no one wants to play scrubs if they don't have to.

ballup
11-17-2013, 03:25 PM
If he could average 21 and 9 given the minutes then no doubt he would be starting and given the minutes. Don't give me a PF log jam excuse, no one wants to play scrubs if they don't have to.
Humphries and Bass aren't bad players. They'd be great as role players off the bench.

MMM
11-17-2013, 03:27 PM

there is nothing about his game that indicates that he is a scrub. His mins are down because he is coming off surgery and doesn't have the necessary conditioning yet.

ProfessorMurder
11-17-2013, 03:34 PM

Humphries, Bass, Sully, Olynyk, and Green all play minutes at the 4. You're not going to get minutes with Bass and Humphries being more established and making way more money.

CelticBaller
11-17-2013, 05:54 PM
look at our roster, we're stack at the 4

FireDavidKahn
11-17-2013, 06:23 PM
He is just another Dejuan Blair.

CelticBaller
11-17-2013, 06:25 PM
He is just another Dejuan Blair.
what i don't even

chocolatethunder
11-17-2013, 07:04 PM
He's a decent player but his back is a disaster. My friend is a neurosurgeon at OSU. He told me Sullinger will not have a long career. He said that before he was drafted and he's already had a surgery since then. So I think that what you're getting outta him now in limited minutes is what you'll get outta him for several years, or you'll get better numbers at higher minutes for a shorter number of years.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-17-2013, 07:04 PM
How is he on D?

JohnnySic
11-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Good player but all-star is a stretch.

MP.Trey
11-17-2013, 07:20 PM
what i don't even
DeJuan Blair: A solid player off the bench, someone who if you saw him playing you would say "Wow! Why isn't this guy starting!?" but given his injury issues, even at his young age is unable to play starter minutes without breaking down.

Jared Sullinger: A solid player off the bench, someone who if you saw him playing you would say "Wow! Why isn't this guy starting!?" but given his injury issues, even at his young age is unable to play starter minutes without breaking down.

Seems pretty accurate to me, no? Big Ohio State fan always. I love Sully and hopefully he can prove me wrong and his back never turns out to be an issue. I'd love to see this kid succeed in the league and prosper for a long time.

CelticBaller
11-17-2013, 07:33 PM
DeJuan Blair: A solid player off the bench, someone who if you saw him playing you would say "Wow! Why isn't this guy starting!?" but given his injury issues, even at his young age is unable to play starter minutes without breaking down.

Jared Sullinger: A solid player off the bench, someone who if you saw him playing you would say "Wow! Why isn't this guy starting!?" but given his injury issues, even at his young age is unable to play starter minutes without breaking down.

Seems pretty accurate to me, no? Big Ohio State fan always. I love Sully and hopefully he can prove me wrong and his back never turns out to be an issue. I'd love to see this kid succeed in the league and prosper for a long time.
Yet Sullinger is a better player that can contribute without playing big minutes. I see the comparison but no

gyu
11-17-2013, 07:41 PM
there is nothing about his game that indicates that he is a scrub. His mins are down because he is coming off surgery and doesn't have the necessary conditioning yet.
I'm not saying he's a scrub. What I'm saying is if he could average 21 and 9 (in other words, WAY WAY better than Green, Bass, Humphries etc.) then those guys should be the ones playing limited minutes to no minutes at all if you are that 'stacked' at the 4. Who cares if they're getting paid to sit on the bench, you want your best players to be playing the most minutes, not whoever gets paid the most.

ballup
11-17-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm not saying he's a scrub. What I'm saying is if he could average 21 and 9 (in other words, WAY WAY better than Green, Bass, Humphries etc.) then those guys should be the ones playing limited minutes to no minutes at all if you are that 'stacked' at the 4. Who cares if they're getting paid to sit on the bench, you want your best players to be playing the most minutes, not whoever gets paid the most.
Welcome to black holes in chemistry.

HarryCallahan
11-17-2013, 09:19 PM

But he can't. He does not have the conditioning (or enough fouls) to play 36mins. The stat that says he can put up 21/9 is per36, as in if he played 36min, which he can not.

HarryCallahan
11-17-2013, 09:24 PM

Anyone who'd say that about that no defence playing, 6'5, chucker is a moron.

b1imtf
11-21-2013, 01:13 AM
19 & 17 tonight vs Spurs :applause: