PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next superstar FA to sign with LAL?

Nick Young
11-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Who is going to be the next superstar free agent to sign with the Lakers?

Here is my list, in order:
1. Russel Westbrook
2. Kevin Love
3. Kyrie Irving
4. Kevin Durant
5. Paul George
6. Brandon Jennings

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 06:19 PM
no one wants to sign with the lakers.

Mr. Jabbar
11-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Irving, George, one can only wish

b1imtf
11-17-2013, 06:28 PM

1. Russel Westbrook
2. Kevin Love
3. Kyrie Irving
4. Kevin Durant
5. Paul George
6. Brandon Jennings
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Only one on that list I can see is Jennings.

Mr. Jabbar
11-17-2013, 06:30 PM
next superstar

6. Brandon Jennings

:biggums:

iDunk
11-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Jabari Parker

Enjoy the wait Lakers. :D

BallsOut
11-17-2013, 06:35 PM

1. Russel Westbrook
2. Kevin Love
3. Kyrie Irving
4. Kevin Durant
5. Paul George
6. Brandon Jennings

The crazy thing is 4/6 of those guys have roots in LA. Westbrook and Love played for UCLA. George and Jennings are from LA. I wouldn't say its too farfetched to have any of them at some point down the road.

outbreak
11-17-2013, 06:39 PM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

OP thinks Nick Young is a super star.....

anything this tard says is just for the lols, he's been exposed numerous times as only watching ESPN highlight packages and knowing jack shit about real basketball :roll:

In all fairness to the thread, I can see Love or Jennings (not a star) going there. They will sign some one who is reasonably talented, it's the lakers they will bounce back in a couple of years while haters hate on them and some lakers fans over rate them during the bounce back process.

ispin69
11-17-2013, 06:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9718327/paul-george-officially-signs-long-term-extension-indiana-pacers

Paul George already resigned to a 5 year max contract.
Get him out of your head, he's living rent free in yo head.

No superstar is going to sign with the Lakers til Kobe retires. Acting like nobody saw the mess with Dwight this past season? Kobe ain't getting any rings unless he goes to some other team as a role player.

MavsSuperFan
11-17-2013, 06:47 PM
isnt there some talk about how love isnt happy with minny's management?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-17-2013, 06:54 PM
no one wants to sign with the lakers.

k....just because ur b!tch boy ran away from the pressure doesnt mean that all nba players will do the same

LoneyROY7
11-17-2013, 06:56 PM
I believe there's a chance Melo signs in LA this off-season.

Spaulding
11-17-2013, 06:58 PM
I believe there's a chance Melo signs in LA this off-season.

He needs to get out of ny asap. Trash franchise is stuck with a mares contract and can't make any moves besides trading shumpurt or smith who really won't bring in an all star talent player.

MP.Trey
11-17-2013, 07:08 PM
The last time the Lakers signed a superstar in free agency was Shaq 17 years ago (Unless you count 40 year olds Payton & Malone ten years ago). What makes you so sure another one is coming so soon?

El Kabong
11-17-2013, 07:11 PM
It'll be one of LeBron, Melo or Love.

AirTupac
11-17-2013, 07:23 PM
The last time the Lakers signed a superstar in free agency was Shaq 17 years ago (Unless you count 40 year olds Payton & Malone ten years ago). What makes you so sure another one is coming so soon?

What the **** kind of reasoning is this? Do you expect them to sign a superstar every few years? The reason it takes so long is because they usually have a great team that contends with enough quality pieces around them that they don't need another superstar. How about you look at it from a normal perspective (a more logical one). They got Pau Gasol , they pretty much got CP3 for Gasol and Odom and then they got Dwight Howard. These past few years ALONE tells you that Lakers get things done. Clown. :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
11-17-2013, 07:29 PM
http://hatertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/BQbrRPOCcAAc7H-.jpg-large.jpeg

I don't think there's any truer statement (okay, not that true, but you get the jist) than that.

Better yet, how long till they lose their shit over these said stars ?

Zoobieshoes
11-17-2013, 07:41 PM
I could see Westbrook, Love, or Melo in a Lakers uniform in the next few years

zoom17
11-17-2013, 07:43 PM
No one lakers fans need to suffer many years of bad seasons like most teams in the league:D

jzek
11-17-2013, 07:45 PM
LeBron next year.

KOBEtherealKing
11-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Lakers will get a good top 10-15 pick(the next Kobe lol) this year unless they trade it away. Then Nash retires, doesn't resign gasol, resigns kobe and one superstar. Then in 2015 signs 2 superstars. These 3 superstars have already talked about joining together, just watch!

MP.Trey
11-17-2013, 07:50 PM
What the **** kind of reasoning is this? Do you expect them to sign a superstar every few years? The reason it takes so long is because they usually have a great team that contends with enough quality pieces around them that they don't need another superstar. How about you look at it from a normal perspective (a more logical one). They got Pau Gasol , they pretty much got CP3 for Gasol and Odom and then they got Dwight Howard. These past few years ALONE tells you that Lakers get things done. Clown. :oldlol:
Well, I mean, their FO usually likes to trade for their big talent in history. I never said they won't or can't sign a big free agent. It's just not their usual tactic. As proven by the fact that they haven't signed a big free agent in so long. :confusedshrug:

However they are set up pretty nicely financially, and of course the Laker history/locale, etc. makes for an enticing offer. We'll see how they decide to go about things. It wouldn't surprise me to see K Love or Westbrook maybe sign there.

But the thread was labeled "Who will be the NEXT superstar FA to sign with the Lakers", so I simply pointed out that it's been a while since the LAST superstar FA signed there so don't count your chickens before they hatch. No reason to degrade someones view and call them a clown because they have a different perspective than you. I'm sure you're a better poster than that.

AirTupac
11-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Well, I mean, their FO usually likes to trade for their big talent in history. I never said they won't or can't sign a big free agent. It's just not their usual tactic. As proven by the fact that they haven't signed a big free agent in so long. :confusedshrug:

However they are set up pretty nicely financially, and of course the Laker history/locale, etc. makes for an enticing offer. We'll see how they decide to go about things. It wouldn't surprise me to see K Love or Westbrook maybe sign there.

But the thread was labeled "Who will be the NEXT superstar FA to sign with the Lakers", so I simply pointed out that it's been a while since the LAST superstar FA signed there so don't count your chickens before they hatch. No reason to degrade someones view and call them a clown because they have a different perspective than you. I'm sure you're a better poster than that.

You're absolutely right, my apologies

wakencdukest
11-17-2013, 07:56 PM

Good point. Assholes on ISH have been whining about the Lakers getting all the players and Laker fans acting entitled because of it. Reality is, Lakers have never been a draw for free agent stars, mainly because the Lakers never have the cap space to match the big money offers they all get. And, they all go for the most money, every time, no matter how shitty the team that offers it. Only recently have players gone to teams offering less, to join other stars and win championships.The Lakers are most likely getting a lottery pick this summer and will have massive cap space at the end of the season, so there's a good possibilty that we will draw interest from some big name free agents.

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 08:03 PM
lakers fan are lost from reality. no one wants to sign with them :roll:

CelticBaller
11-17-2013, 08:06 PM
http://hatertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/BQbrRPOCcAAc7H-.jpg-large.jpeg

I don't think there's any truer statement (okay, not that true, but you get the jist) than that.

Better yet, how long till they lose their shit over these said stars ?
:lol

Mr. Jabbar
11-17-2013, 08:07 PM
lakers fan are lost from reality. no one wants to sign with them :roll:

if 16 banners cant convince you, perhaps this will:

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/6233/on5n.jpg

dantoni is a problem tho

AirTupac
11-17-2013, 08:08 PM
if 16 banners cant convince you, perhaps this will:
[/IMG]

dantoni is a problem tho

He's just mad we use his team to provide us with great players. I hope they draft a great center soon.

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 08:12 PM
He's just mad we use his team to provide us with great players. I hope they draft a great center soon.
How'd that out for you this time bud? :roll:

wakencdukest
11-17-2013, 08:14 PM

Vucevic played for USC, maybe he wants to come back to LA.

STATUTORY
11-17-2013, 08:16 PM
lettuce be reality, the rest of the NBA teams are just the development league of the Lakers

LoneyROY7
11-17-2013, 08:23 PM
lettuce be reality, the rest of the NBA teams are just the development league of the Lakers

So what you're saying is that the Lakers are getting their a** kicked by their own D-League?

AirTupac
11-17-2013, 08:31 PM

1st one worked wonders. I love being around so many championships, can't wait till our affiliate comes up with another awesome center. We need more.

PJR
11-17-2013, 08:32 PM
No one of significance. The Lakers are about to feel those Cedric Ceballos years again. :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 08:34 PM
1st one worked wonders. I love being around so many championships, can't wait till our affiliate comes up with another awesome center. We need more.
It must hurt to be so out of touch with reality. Your team is mediocre, and no one wants to play with Kobe. You're not getting shit from us clown :roll:

PJR
11-17-2013, 08:37 PM
It must hurt to be so out of touch with reality. Your team is mediocre, and no one wants to play with Kobe. You're not getting shit from us clown :roll:

It's like these fools forgot that Dwight Howard just left 30 million on the table to go else where.

This isn't 1996. Jerry West isn't in the front office. And Dr. Buss passed away last year. And Phil isn't the coach.

Kobe is going go play like two more years tops. And how much does he really have left?

This Jim Buss era Lakers ain't doin shit anytime soon. :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 08:43 PM
It's like these fools forgot that Dwight Howard just left 30 million on the table to go else where.

This isn't 1996. Jerry West isn't in the front office. And Dr. Buss passed away last year. And Phil isn't the coach.

Kobe is going go play like two more years tops. And how much does he really have left?

They're so pampered they just can't believe it :lol Straight up in denial.

oh the horror
11-17-2013, 08:51 PM

What gets me is every few years there are people like this.

Then the Lakers pull a rabbit out of their hat an throw out a contender.

BallsOut
11-17-2013, 08:53 PM

1996 - Shaquille O'Neal leaves Orlando for the LA Lakers
2012 - Dwight Howard leaves Orlando for the LA Lakers
2016 - Nikola Vucevic leaves Orlando for the LA Lakers

See a trend? History ain't in your favor. I can see why you'd be mad tho

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 08:55 PM
What gets me is every few years there are people like this.

Then the Lakers pull a rabbit out of their hat an throw out a contender.
keep whispering that to yourself. "its okay jerry will save us. oh wait i mean dr. buss. oh wait..."

longtime lurker
11-17-2013, 08:55 PM

The Jim Buss era managed to land Chris Paul and Dwight Howard within the last 3 years. When was the last time the Lakers actually had capspace? SMH at this guy saying they won't do anything. I wouldn't bet against the Lakers.

KingBeasley08
11-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Are you seriously gloating about this :biggums: :lol

AirTupac
11-17-2013, 08:58 PM
The Jim Buss era managed to land Chris Paul and Dwight Howard within the last 3 years. When was the last time the Lakers actually had capspace? SMH at this guy saying they won't do anything. I wouldn't bet against the Lakers.

Some dimwits just go along with what the majority are saying. They managed to get CP3 out of Gasol and Odom. They got Dwight Howard for Bynum (who has been a broken man since). They got Steve Nash out of where. In hindsight, it didn't work out but that was almost impossible to pull off in everyones eyes and it was a risk worth taking. Its the Lakers, I'm confident we'll be back as contenders really soon, can't say the same for some of these other scrub teams. But hey, at least they're scrubness will help us out in the end, we could always use teams to develop stars for us :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 08:59 PM
1996 - Shaquille O'Neal leaves Orlando for the LA Lakers
2016 - Nikola Vucevic leaves Orlando for the LA Lakers

See a trend? History ain't in your favor. I can see why you'd be mad tho
http://i.imgur.com/WwpRUTj.gif

The Magic have a very bright future. Much better than LA. You guys aren't even the 2nd best in your state :roll:

BallsOut
11-17-2013, 09:03 PM

The Magic have a very bright future. Much better than LA. You guys aren't even the 2nd best in your state :roll:

I'll take the franchise with 16 NBA championships over the one with 0.

You know the saying, history tends to repeat itself?

It's ironic actually, the one calling Lakers fans denial is actually in denial himself.

:yaohappy:

PJR
11-17-2013, 09:03 PM

:oldlol: I don't see a 'Chris Paul' or 'Dwight Howard' on the Lakers current roster.

longtime lurker
11-17-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't see a 'Chris Paul' or 'Dwight Howard' on the Lakers roster.

Great retort. :lol

PJR
11-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Great retort. :lol

Thanks.

#factsonly

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 09:06 PM
I'll take the franchise with 16 NBA championships over the one with 0.

You know the saying, history tends to repeat itself?

It's ironic actually, the one calling Lakers fans denial is actually in denial himself.

:yaohappy:
Keep living in the past :lol
I guess if I were I would too since the future looks so bleak :roll:

AirTupac
11-17-2013, 09:07 PM

Now youre just lying to youself. The roster is set up so we can make major moves in the up coming years :oldlol:

AirTupac
11-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Thanks.

#factsonly

You diminish the "Jim Buss era" and yet when he DOES make a great move, you choose to ignore it and say that it never happened when the only reason you don't see CP3 on a Laker roster is because of David Stern. Great logic.

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Now youre just lying to youself. The roster is set up so we can make major moves in the up coming years :oldlol:
Yeah! Hopefully you guys can pick up Carmelo!

longtime lurker
11-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks.

#factsonly

So I guess those trades never happened.

BallsOut

You sure laugh a lot buddy. Underneath the fake smiles and giggles, I see bitterness and resentment, most likely due to the stomping endured by the Magic at the hands of Kobe Bryant and the Lakers in the 2009 NBA Finals.

There, there now, it'll all be fine one day. Just have to remember, its not your fault. :lol

AirTupac
Yeah! Hopefully you guys can pick up Carmelo!

Room for 2 big name stars. So either way we'll be better than Orlando.

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 09:13 PM
You sure laugh a lot buddy. Underneath the fake smiles and giggles, I see bitterness and resentment, most likely due to the stomping endured by the Magic at the hands of Kobe Bryant and the Lakers in the 2009 NBA Finals.

There, there now, it'll all be fine one day. Just have to remember, its not your fault. :lol
Still living in the past I see. Guess it's tough to face reality. Sorry! Lakers suck.

O-Town has two 1st rounders this year in the strongest draft since, what? 2003?
One of those will be a lottery pick btw. LA on the other hand will be stuck in that stage of bad but not bad enough once Kobe comes back. Like I said, maybe you guys can pick up Carmelo and... who else is really available? Jennings? :roll: :roll: :roll:

longtime lurker
11-17-2013, 09:13 PM

The Lakers could literally sign nobody and they'd still be better than Orlando.

MMM
11-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Lakers will get a good top 10-15 pick(the next Kobe lol) this year unless they trade it away. Then Nash retires, doesn't resign gasol, resigns kobe and one superstar. Then in 2015 signs 2 superstars. These 3 superstars have already talked about joining together, just watch!

Hmm didn't know the Lakers own their pick this season. As for FA I'm not sure the Lakers will sign superstars but having cap room will allow them to absorb large salaries. I think it is more likely that LA gets their next stars via the trade route.

Jameerthefear
The Lakers could literally sign nobody and they'd still be better than Orlando.
Hell no. Current LA when we have no idea how Kobe comes back <<<<< Orlando

PJR
So I guess those trades never happened.

I do not recall. :lol

http://la.guestofaguest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/66808472.jpg

http://boldventuremedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/howardrockets.jpg

AirTupac
11-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Still living in the past I see. Guess it's tough to face reality. Sorry! Lakers suck.

O-Town has two 1st rounders this year in the strongest draft since, what? 2003?
One of those will be a lottery pick btw. LA on the other hand will be stuck in that stage of bad but not bad enough once Kobe comes back. Like I said, maybe you guys can pick up Carmelo and... who else is really available? Jennings? :roll: :roll: :roll:

There exists free agency after 2014. We don't have to go all out this summer. Orlando has been an after thought and always will be. You sure are cocky for someone who cheers for a team that does nothing and has done nothing and won't do anything. History tends to repeat itself.

KingBeasley08
11-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Brandon Jennings carries the torch of the Lakers franchise

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 09:18 PM
:roll: :roll: will rep.

longtime lurker
11-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Hell no. Current LA when we have no idea how Kobe comes back <<<<< Orlando

Sorry buddy I like the Magic's youth but let's be real the team is TRYING to be horrible. Orlando will forever be a team rebuilding.

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Sorry buddy I like the Magic's youth but let's be real the team is TRYING to be horrible. Orlando will forever be a team rebuilding.
Nope, you're 100% wrong and you will see.

AirTupac
11-17-2013, 09:22 PM

And that's the cold hard truth :roll:

BallsOut
11-17-2013, 09:23 PM

I'll pass. Much rather have Aaron Affalo when he leaves the Magic in 2015 to the Lakers. Did yall know dude is from LA?

longtime lurker
11-17-2013, 09:23 PM
I do not recall. :lol

http://la.guestofaguest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/66808472.jpg

http://boldventuremedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/howardrockets.jpg

http://www.pba-online.net/uploads/photo/dwight-howard-081112.jpg

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33760007

Step yah troll game up homie

wakencdukest
11-17-2013, 09:25 PM
:roll: :roll: will rep.

Damn dude, you really hate the Lakers with a passion don't you? How did this come about? I still don't understand how people can put so much effort into hating someone or something they have no association with. What did the Lakers do to you that you hate them so badly?

longtime lurker
11-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Nope, you're 100% wrong and you will see.

So how long before Orlando's back in the playoffs?

Jameerthefear
11-17-2013, 09:28 PM
I'll pass. Much rather have Aaron Affalo when he leaves the Magic in 2015 to the Lakers. Did yall know dude is from LA?
Aaron Afflalo will be long gone from ORL before 2015. We've been trying to trade him for awhile. Shows you know jack shit about this team and the NBA in general.

So how long before Orlando's back in the playoffs?
Next year. Can't say LA will be so lucky though.

ballup
11-17-2013, 09:33 PM
It's a trick question. The answer is Kobe as he resigns with the Lakers.

longtime lurker
11-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Next year. Can't say LA will be so lucky though.

And there lies the difference between organizations. Orlando's thinking about playoffs while the Lakers are all about championships. Players know this and their agents know this.