PDA

View Full Version : Linsanity The Documentary

KungFuJoe
11-18-2013, 05:33 AM
Just saw this today.

Better than expected. I'm not gonna spoil anything but if you're a bball fan and you like stuff like Hoop Dreams, I definitely recommend it. If you're an asian baller like myself, you'll LOVE it.

I didn't know Lin was 5'3" as a freshman in high school. He musta had one crazy ass growth spurt. Both his parents are 5'6". Another crazy thing is his mother was behind him 100% in playing ball. Anyone who is asian and grew up with an asian mother knows that they don't want you to do do ANYTHING but study study study.

What makes it even better is knowing that he's not just some flash in the pan and that he's already proven himself to belong in the league and is having a great season so far.

A definite feel good documentary!

roffie
11-18-2013, 05:40 AM
no link. sick.

KungFuJoe
11-18-2013, 05:41 AM
no link. sick.

Sorry...I had to download it from torrents. I don't even know if I'm allowed to even say that on these forums.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 05:53 AM
Sorry...I had to download it from torrents. I don't even know if I'm allowed to even say that on these forums.
You're allowed to do anything on here.

Dro
11-18-2013, 06:13 AM
no link. sick.
http://www.solarmovie.so/watch-linsanity-2013.html

mr beast
11-18-2013, 03:04 PM
pretty good movie, very inspiring, i think a lot of players actually goes through what he had to go through minus the chance to shine and stress because of his ethnicity

if you can make the nba you are pretty damn good but confidence and mentality plays a major part in how well you will perform in a game. going from #1 option to 3rd string on the bench kills a lot of players confidence and they cant fully adapt to just being a role player

Budadiiii
11-18-2013, 03:07 PM
More inspirational than "More than a game" cause you get the sense that he worked his ass off to get where he is, unlike with LeBron who seemed to have just an average work ethic yet still excelled and reached heights very few ever can.

niko
11-18-2013, 03:11 PM
More inspirational than "More than a game" cause you get the sense that he worked his ass off to get where he is, unlike with LeBron who seemed to have just an average work ethic yet still excelled and reached heights very few ever can.

Absolutely ridiculous statement. Lebron has addressed the deficiencies in his game, Lin has not. Why is that if Lin's work ethic is so much higher?

Budadiiii
11-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Absolutely ridiculous statement. Lebron has addressed the deficiencies in his game, Lin has not. Why is that if Lin's work ethic is so much higher?
Reading comprehension.

I addressed their work ethics in high school and the inspirational nature of their documentaries. Mentioned nothing about their work ethic in the NBA.

niko
11-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Reading comprehension.

I addressed their work ethics in high school and the inspirational nature of their documentaries. Mentioned nothing about their work ethic in the NBA.

It's because Lin is smaller and not a gigantic black kid. I highly doubt Lin had more drive for basketball than Lebron. I don't care if you want to talk about in their womb, i highly doubt it.

HoopDreams247
11-18-2013, 03:38 PM
It's because Lin is smaller and not a gigantic black kid. I highly doubt Lin had more drive for basketball than Lebron. I don't care if you want to talk about in their womb, i highly doubt it.

I wouldn't be surprised if LeBron does have a better work ethic for basketball, but why are you in this thread???? You're compelled to bash Lin any chance you get.

Btw, Lin has addressed deficiencies in his game. He is much better at going to his left, and his 3 pt shooting has obviously improved.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 03:45 PM
From the soundtrack:

It may not mean nothing to y'all
But understand nothing was done for me
So I don't plan on stopping at all
I want this shit forever, man
I'm shutting shit down in the mall
And telling every girl she the one for me
And I ain't even planning to call
I want this shit forever, man

Work ethic confirmed :applause:

FKAri
11-18-2013, 03:49 PM

This guys in every Lin thread. Youve made it when youve got dedicated haters.

tpols
11-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Lin def did more with the tools he was given than Bron did.. 6'2 asian guy not a crazy athlete or spectacular physically in anyways versus basically the bo jackson of the NBA. Wonder who had the hustle harder to make it to the league:rolleyes:

Also how has Lebron addressed deficiencies in his game but Lin hasnt? Bron is still a very streaky shooter/prone to choking/can still go passive... the playoffs the last few years are proof. He was just as good if not better in 09 and 10 just didnt have the team around him to truly contend.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Lin def did more with the tools he was given than Bron did.. 6'2 asian guy not a crazy athlete or spectacular physically in anyways versus basically the bo jackson of the NBA. Wonder who had the hustle harder to make it to the league:rolleyes:

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/lebron-foot-featured.jpg

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Do people seriously think Lin has spent more time on the court playing/practicing/working on his game than LeBron :oldlol:

niko
11-18-2013, 04:08 PM

Also how has Lebron addressed deficiencies in his game but Lin hasnt? Bron is still a very streaky shooter/prone to choking/can still go passive... the playoffs the last few years are proof. He was just as good if not better in 09 and 10 just didnt have the team around him to truly contend.
Lebron is a much better outside shooter than before, and he's also a much better post player, and his defense has gotten much better. Lin's basically the same player he was in NY. What has changed?

Are we comparing Lebron, who has done nothing in his life but play basketball, to Lin in terms of anything related to basketball? Am i being called a hater because i'm rating LEBRON JAMES above Jeremy Lin?

WTF are you people smoking?

FKAri
11-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Lebron is a much better outside shooter than before, and he's also a much better post player, and his defense has gotten much better. Lin's basically the same player he was in NY. What has changed?

Are we comparing Lebron, who has done nothing in his life but play basketball, to Lin in terms of anything? Am i being called a hater because i'm rating LEBRON JAMES above Jeremy Lin?

Lin's da goat doe. Since Lebron's not the goat. Lin > Lebron.

STATUTORY
11-18-2013, 04:11 PM

Are we comparing Lebron, who has done nothing in his life but play basketball, to Lin in terms of anything related to basketball? Am i being called a hater because i'm rating LEBRON JAMES above Jeremy Lin?

Let's see, Lin is shooting 50/40 this season so he's improved his outside shot dramatically since knicks days. His defense is also improved and he's got a left hand now.

conversation was about their work ethic in high school and path to the NBA. Not about rating them. you seem to get offended easily when it comes to lin, lol every lin thread u be chiming in. but not a hater doe :oldlol: :rolleyes:

DuMa
11-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Do people seriously think Lin has spent more time on the court playing/practicing/working on his game than LeBron :oldlol:

do we seriously need to ask this question as if we will really know who works harder, a or b player in the nba?

niko
conversation was about their work ethic in high school and path to the NBA. you seem to get offended easily when it comes to lin, lol every lin thread u be chiming in. but not a hater doe :oldlol: :rolleyes:

It's stupid to say that Lin has a better work ethic in terms of basketball than Lebron James. He'd be better if he did. He's not 5'6' 160 pounds.

So now we have reached the point we are bashing Lebron vs. Lin. :bowdown: Good stuff.

niko
They really do. I'm getting bashed for defending Lebron. :lol Because i'm a huge lebron fan...

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Do people seriously think Lin has spent more time on the court playing/practicing/working on his game than LeBron :oldlol:do we seriously need to ask this question as if we will really know who works harder, a or b player in the nba?

STATUTORY
11-18-2013, 04:18 PM
It's stupid to say that Lin has a better work ethic in terms of basketball than Lebron James. He'd be better if he did. He's not 5'6' 160 pounds.

So now we have reached the point we are bashing Lebron vs. Lin. :bowdown: Good stuff.

where was Lebron bashed? It's bashing to say he's talented to a point where it was basically a foregone conclusion he was gonna make it to the NBA by the time he was 15? :facepalm

People are endowed with different talents and abilities, it's very obvious that if you are not 6ft9+ 240pounds with 40inch verticals you probably have to work harder to get in the NBA.

niko
11-18-2013, 04:18 PM
do we seriously need to ask this question as if we will really know who works harder, a or b player in the nba?

If A is Lebron and B is Lin, then A works harder.

niko
11-18-2013, 04:20 PM
where was Lebron bashed? It's bashing to say he's talented to a point where it was basically a foregone conclusion he was gonna make it to the NBA by the time he was 15? :facepalm

People are endowed with different talents and abilities, it's very obvious that if you are not 6ft9+ 240pounds with 40inch verticals you probably have to work harder to get in the NBA.
Lebron became Lebron though. He didn't become Reggie Evans. his skills are so far beyond Lin it's not funny. He's a better defender, is better going to the basket, and has better court vision (he doesn't turn it over as much). The things Lin should be better at as a small quick guy Lebron is better at. He's also so much better than when he started. Go back to early Lebron, his jumper was eh, and he made terrible decisions at crunch time and his post game did not exist.

Lebron is a freaking machine. Anyone who thinks Lin losing a comparison to Lebron is an insult either has Lin's dick so far up their ass they can't see straight or is just hating on Lebron.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 04:22 PM

Lets ignore athleticism for a minute. LeBron is literally better at EVERY basketball skill than Lin except Lin being a marginally better ft shooter.

Also by your logic Lin worked harder than MJ, Shaq, Kobe, and pretty much every athletic player in history.

Basically you're saying the worse your athleticism the better your work ethic.

STATUTORY
11-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Lebron became Lebron though. He didn't become Reggie Evans. his skills are so far beyond Lin it's not funny. He's a better defender, is better going to the basket, and has better court vision (he doesn't turn it over as much). The things Lin should be better at as a small quick guy Lebron is better at. He's also so much better than when he started. Go back to early Lebron, his jumper was eh, and he made terrible decisions at crunch time and his post game did not exist.

Lebron is a freaking machine. Anyone who thinks Lin losing a comparison to Lebron is an insult either has Lin's dick so far up their ass they can't see straight or is just hating on Lebron.

Lebron is probably the most physically gifted specimen to grace the hardwood floor in the last decade. The comparison isn't about their skills, it's a question of who had to work harder.

Lebron is better at everything than Lin, altho Lebron has a very overrated first step nowdays but that does not at all imply that he worked harder to get where he is.

The dumb dyslexic kid in class might work harder for his C+ than the smart kid who gets an A. Conversation was never about Lebron vs. Lin

Damn u respond to these lin threads faster than Bruce Wayne to da bat signal.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Lebron is probably the most physically gifted specimen to grace the hardwood floor in the last decade. The comparison isn't about their skills, it's a question of who had to work harder.

Lebron is better at everything than Lin, altho Lebron has a very overrated first step nowdays but that does not at all imply that he worked harder to get where he is.

The dumb dyslexic kid in class might work harder for his C+ than the smart kid who gets an A. Conversation was never about Lebron vs. Lin

Damn u respond to these lin threads faster than Bruce Wayne to da bat signal.
So you think Lin worked harder than Kobe? Because Kobe is much more athletic than Lin.

STATUTORY
11-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Basically you're saying the worse your athleticism the better your work ethic.

in order to achieve the same thing yes. I don't really know who has better work ethic between Lin or Lebron, because Lebron is obviously a far better player but he also had better tools so it's an argument about counterfactuals. but I certainly can't dismiss the possibility it's Lin.

Like I said, we are discussing efforts and work ethic which is inherently unobservable variable. To say someone had better work ethic because they were more succesful is retarded.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 04:30 PM
in order to achieve the same thing yes. I don't really know who has better work ethic between Lin or Lebron, because Lebron is obviously a far better player but he also had better tools so it's an argument about counterfactuals. but I certainly can't dismiss the possibility it's Lin.

Like I said, we are discussing efforts and work ethic which is inherently unobservable variable. To say someone had better work ethic because they were more succesful is retarded.
So you won't dismiss the possibility that Lin has a better work ethic than Kobe?

STATUTORY
11-18-2013, 04:31 PM
So you won't dismiss the possibility that Lin has a better work ethic than Kobe?
no, because lin has worse tools than Kobe and has achieved less than Kobe, we can't hold one variables constant and compare the other one.

Lets say TMac vs. Kobe then it's obvious because Tmac and Kobe are more or less equally talented yet Kobe achieved much more.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 04:32 PM
no, because lin has worse tools than Kobe and has achieved less than Kobe, we can't hold one variables constant and compare the other one.

Lets say TMac vs. Kobe then it's obvious because Tmac and Kobe are more or less equally talented yet Kobe achieved much more.
Okay at least you're consistent :cheers:

niko
11-18-2013, 04:33 PM

They have not achieved the same thing. Lebron is one of the best players in the league if not of all time. Lin is a borderline starter on a team that fits his style. Saying they have achieved the same thing is ridiculous.

STATUTORY
11-18-2013, 04:34 PM
They have not achieved the same thing. Lebron is one of the best players in the league if not of all time. Lin is a borderline starter on a team that fits his style. Saying they have achieved the same thing is ridiculous.

:facepalm I specifically said they didnot achieve the samething

KungFuJoe
11-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Damn niko you in EVERY Lin thread!

Why is anyone bothering trying to compare work ethic? No one knows how hard each individual worked to achieve their goal.

Just watch the movie and appreciate one man's ability to silence the haters and make something for himself.

niko
11-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Damn niko you in EVERY Lin thread!

Why is anyone bothering trying to compare work ethic? No one knows how hard each individual worked to achieve their goal.

Just watch the movie and appreciate one man's ability to silence the haters and make something for himself.
I didn't say Lin didn't work hard. Some moron decided to put him above Lebron either to raise him up or bash Lebron. Find me the post i said anything negative about Lin in this thread outside of he's nowhere near Lebron. Stop begin such a stan, it's unbecoming outside of 15 year old girls.

tpols
11-18-2013, 04:50 PM

Lebrons had that stuff since he was 14.. hes got natural feel for the game. Natural coordination.. like hakeem and Duncan didn't start playing ball till they were teenagers.. and look how skilled they turned out in a short time span. Dwight Howard for sure played more basketball as a kid than bynum who never picked up a ball before high school and barely had work ethic after. Whose game is more skilled? Bynum 'gets it' in less time than dwight. Like a kid who gets math problem in 5 minutes vs someone who has to spend an hour to get it.

You attributing lebrons natural talent with work ethic.. bs

niko
11-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Lebrons had that stuff since he was 14.. hes got natural feel for the game. Natural coordination.. like hakeem and Duncan didn't start playing ball till they were teenagers.. and look how skilled they turned out in a short time span. Dwight Howard for sure played more basketball as a kid than bynum who never picked up a ball before high school and barely had work ethic after. Whose game is more skilled? Bynum 'gets it' in less time than dwight. Like a kid who gets math problem in 5 minutes vs someone who has to spend an hour to get it.

You attributing lebrons natural talent with work ethic.. bs
You're making excuses for less skilled people. Lebron has played ball constantly since he came out of the damn womb. This is not working at his game? The thought that if you are less skilled, less talented, therefore equates you worked harder is pretty stupid.

If you told me Lin works harder than Reggie Evans or someone like that (Amare let's say) who hasn't maximized his gifts, yeah i get that. Or Howard whose entire game is predicated on jumping up and down. But Lebron has sick sick basketball skills that are much better than Lin's - that's not an accident. The strength and speed is genetics, the court vision, the shot (his shot is better than Lin's with those huge arms and hands, that's not easy) are things he made of himself.

Essentially because Lin could never be Lebron, he worked harder. That makes very little sense to me.

niko
11-18-2013, 04:57 PM
You people want to have his babies, so you can go back to talking about the things Lin does better than Lebron and I'll stay away. The fact that it doesn't make even a tiny bit of sense doesn't seem to bother you which makes any discussion kind of difficult.

Note that you are arguing Budaddii's point which in general means you are probably wrong.

STATUTORY
11-18-2013, 05:01 PM
You people want to have his babies, so you can go back to talking about the things Lin does better than Lebron and I'll stay away. The fact that it doesn't make even a tiny bit of sense doesn't seem to bother you which makes any discussion kind of difficult.

Note that you are arguing Budaddii's point which in general means you are probably wrong.

strawman and ad hominem attack in the same sentence. well done :roll:

the reality is it's impossible to answer the question of who has better work ethic between Lin and Lebron with any measure of certainty. it's a question about hypotheticals which means people's answers are probably at the mercy of their prejudices.

Athleticism doesn't just entail jumping higher but also ability to learn basketball skills because coordination and body control are part of athleticism. You can have two kids and one will be able to learn sick basketball moves with short tutorial while the other one wouldn't be able to master it after a whole summer of work. Which one of them had the better work ethic?

I dont even really care about this topic, I just find your one track mind rather fascinating.

tpols
11-18-2013, 05:04 PM
You're making excuses for less skilled people. Lebron has played ball constantly since he came out of the damn womb. This is not working at his game? The thought that if you are less skilled, less talented, therefore equates you worked harder is pretty stupid.

If you told me Lin works harder than Reggie Evans or someone like that (Amare let's say) who hasn't maximized his gifts, yeah i get that. Or Howard whose entire game is predicated on jumping up and down. But Lebron has sick sick basketball skills that are much better than Lin's - that's not an accident. The strength and speed is genetics, the court vision, the shot (his shot is better than Lin's with those huge arms and hands, that's not easy) are things he made of himself.

Essentially because Lin could never be Lebron, he worked harder. That makes very little sense to me.
Dude there are TONS of players who balled all day and were super athletic that never made it... TALENT is a natural affinity for something that allows a quicker learning curve.Lebron has sick natural coordination. It cannot be taught to anyone.. hes on a different plane.

Some of the GOAT ballers played little ball growing up... and gained tremendous skill in a short period of time. Everyone has a different learning curve. Brons had PG skills since Jew was a little kid. It came very quick to him

KungFuJoe
11-18-2013, 05:15 PM
I didn't say Lin didn't work hard. Some moron decided to put him above Lebron either to raise him up or bash Lebron. Find me the post i said anything negative about Lin in this thread outside of he's nowhere near Lebron. Stop begin such a stan, it's unbecoming outside of 15 year old girls.

Let it go Niko. He's never coming back. The Knicks and him had something once...and it was special. But that was then and this is now.

Let it go. The healing won't start until you do.

pnyozzzoo
11-18-2013, 05:30 PM
come in to see niko's haterade spewage, did not disappointed. Dude literally go at Lin like a Nazi hunt a jew. I think he cares more about putting Lin down than discussing NBA or his Knicks.

Mr. NBA
11-18-2013, 05:31 PM
The notion that every Asian is bred to study is false. It also depends on what country your parents are from. Mine are from South East Asia. Trying to survive was more important than education. When there is genocide in your country, who cares about studying.

Lin has been very fortunate. He should embrace his role as the only Asian star in America. He worries about his perception a little too much. It's annoying because he has made it and earned a big contact. Nobody is doubting him anymore. Now he has a movie to showcase that. Why not make a movie about Robert Swift and his road to recovery than? Why not? Cause nobody gives a crap about what you did when you were younger or how you did it. I am freaking going to college and got out of my situation. Not going around telling people how hard my come up was.

Lin may work hard, but let's not act like he hasn't got some good given ability. His mastery of his craft may be due to hard work, but I could put 10 hours into working out and never be an NBA player.

inclinerator
11-18-2013, 06:22 PM
who knows who works harder, but it's probably alot closer than ppl think

TheReal Kendall
11-18-2013, 08:08 PM
Jesus Christ! People can't make a thread without others bringing up Lebron:facepalm

Might has well change the title to Lin vs Lebron.

Who cares who has the greater work ethic? Thread is about Lin and documentary not Lebron James.

Both have great work ethics. They made it to the NBA and both are starters and contribute for their teams

DuMa
11-27-2013, 04:26 AM
Finally obtained a copy to watch this on my 60" Kuro.

it was orgasmic :bowdown: re-living linsanity in new york was epic. one of the best times ever as a basketball fan. such good times we will remember forever. at least i know i will.

FKAri
11-27-2013, 04:59 AM
Finally obtained a copy to watch this on my 60" Kuro.

it was orgasmic :bowdown: re-living linsanity in new york was epic. one of the best times ever as a basketball fan. such good times we will remember forever. at least i know i will.

Ya it was honestly the most excited I remember being in the regular season.

disel
11-27-2013, 05:26 AM

You are making a complete fool out of yourself.

disel
11-27-2013, 05:28 AM
Jesus Christ! People can't make a thread without others bringing up Lebron:facepalm

Might has well change the title to Lin vs Lebron.

Who cares who has the greater work ethic? Thread is about Lin and documentary not Lebron James.

Both have great work ethics. They made it to the NBA and both are starters and contribute for their teams
Rockets are starting Patrick Beverley right?

KungFuJoe
11-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Rockets are starting Patrick Beverley right?

Only because McFail has no clue on how to best leverage his players. Look at his failed TT experiment and how he turns a blind eye to Harden's iso hero ball.

Lin pretty much outperforms Beverley in every statistical category while playing less minutes (I believe).

Even defense is tangible as Bevs defensive rating has gone down with the more minutes he's playing.

GOBB
11-27-2013, 12:58 PM
The comparison isn't about their skills, it's a question of who had to work harder.

Lin work ethic is better than Kobe Bryants then.