PDA

View Full Version : How poor is the easy beyond the big 3?

francesco totti
11-18-2013, 06:29 AM
I mean heat/pacers/bulls are 5 - 0 against the west. rest of teams in east are 11 - 31 ....

And sixers at 4th with record of 5 - 6 ???

RagaZ
11-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Inb4 a Cheat-fan with the "b-b-b-uttt the last 2 Champions have come from East" argument.

Fact is that Heat never faces any opposition until ECF. If they were in West they would have it tough already from the 1st round which could make them tired later in the Playoffs. In East they can basically coast the first 2 rounds.

Chicago Brawls
11-18-2013, 06:40 AM
I think Durant, Griffin and Curry should join forces for parity sake...

LEFT4DEAD
11-18-2013, 06:44 AM
I think this was discussed 100+ times on ISH. In before someone posts W-L stats from last couple of seasons, that shows that Heat have had a better record against teams from the West than vs teams from the East.

TheMilkyBarKid
11-18-2013, 07:09 AM
Inb4 a Cheat-fan with the "b-b-b-uttt the last 2 Champions have come from East" argument.

Fact is that Heat never faces any opposition until ECF. If they were in West they would have it tough already from the 1st round which could make them tired later in the Playoffs. In East they can basically coast the first 2 rounds.
That is true to an extent but last years ECF took a lot more out of the heat than the WCF did to the spurs

leMVP
11-18-2013, 07:14 AM

The Heat got the best record of the league last year, their record against the top 8 western teams last year was 13-3. In general the Heat record against the west last year was better then the against the east.

SAS last year in the playoffs, played less games than the Heat in its route to the finals, In 2012 OKC same story. and The Heat faced them both and beat them.

Lol, You don't won't to admit The Heat is the best team in the nba that's fine, but stop posting this crap.

francesco totti
11-18-2013, 07:41 AM
Miami Heat /= East

there are 14 other teams as well.The heat are best team in the nba, but the east is very poor compared to the west.

cos88
11-18-2013, 08:12 AM
just as good as the west is playing defense.

Eric Cartman
11-18-2013, 08:16 AM
The Knicks were the #2 team in the East last season.

Let that sink in for a moment.

#number6ix#
11-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Its all about match ups at the end of the day... If you don't have a core of big men that can beat the heat up on the boards they'll be able to win a series pretty easily

francesco totti
11-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Its all about match ups at the end of the day... If you don't have a core of big men that can beat the heat up on the boards they'll be able to win a series pretty easily

the closest team that came to beat the heat are from the west also.

Dallas 2011
And last year spurs was the closest team to beat the heat in heat 2 year title run.

#number6ix#
11-18-2013, 09:04 AM
the closest team that came to beat the heat are from the west also.

Dallas 2011
And last year spurs was the closest team to beat the heat in heat 2 year title run.
2011 Heat was pretty much a different team we had a really weak bench... the Mavs just straight up just out played us and out coached us

Oh yeah i forgot to mention if you can bury the 3 ball at a high rate(spurs) and move the ball(spurs) you'll give us hell

Wavves
11-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Stupid argument. The Heat is the best team in the east and west. They are the best team (or were) in the NBA period.

Real Men Wear Green
11-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Fact is that Heat never faces any opposition until ECF. If they were in West they would have it tough already from the 1st round which could make them tired later in the Playoffs. In East they can basically coast the first 2 rounds.A 1 vs. 8 match-up isn't supposed to be hard. Your complaint comes down to them not being severely challenged in the second round. Big deal.

miles berg
11-18-2013, 10:27 AM
The West as a whole is better but the two best teams in the league, Mia/Indy, are in the East.

R.I.P.
11-18-2013, 10:45 AM

Obviously a strong defensive center as the defensive anchor doesn

R.I.P.
11-18-2013, 10:48 AM
And yes the East is still poor. Every year you

Hizack
11-18-2013, 11:20 AM
East VS West, season-by-season records:

Lebron23
11-18-2013, 11:23 AM
heat and pacers are the best teams in the nba.

R.I.P.
11-18-2013, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Hizack]East VS West, season-by-season records:

Lebron23
11-18-2013, 12:08 PM
What happened in 2008-2009? Lot of injuries in the West. :wtf:

How can the East be consistently be so poor? Just overpay some GMs from the West to fix your sh*t.

The West has been historically being better than the east, but who cares we only have 4 legit contenders in the nba.

ZMonkey11
11-18-2013, 12:32 PM
So we're going to pretend the Heat don't get beat up when they played the Chicago Bulls. That series was PHYSICAL.

They might get a flier passed the first round, but from second round on, the Heat get beat up. When everyone in the league hates your team, records don't show how much effort and grit is being played.

Another star fan, great.

leMVP
11-18-2013, 12:44 PM
The West has been historically being better than the east, but who cares we only have 4 legit contenders in the nba.

The East was stronger than the West in 80s & 90s.

imdaman99
11-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Heat do well against the West, but that's because the East does not wear them down. If they had to play the West 55 times a year, they wouldn't go 45-10 :facepalm

It's easier to dominate a smaller sample size, for goodness sakes the Cowboys were 3-0 in their division.

That being said, the better defense as a whole is probably played in the East.

francesco totti
11-18-2013, 02:41 PM
first of all, the pacers arent 2nd best team in the league IMO. What have the pacers done to be put ahead of the spurs.I reckon spurs would beat pacers in playoff series. So would OKC ( though indiana would giver tougher matchup to the heat then okc ).

Put aside the heat.. take away top 3 in east..and any 3 in west. there is huge difference after 4th position in favor of the west.

Hoopz2332
11-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Eastern Conf trash give the heat more problems than anything for the most pat from the West because Eastern teams play a gritty style that takes advantage of Miami weaknesses while the Western teams play a free flowing nondefensive style that play right into Miamis small ball concept/style. West in the home home of inflated stats. The most dangerous team to take MImai out is the Pacers, an Eastern team, hands down.

Dresta
11-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Heat do well against the West, but that's because the East does not wear them down. If they had to play the West 55 times a year, they wouldn't go 45-10 :facepalm

It's easier to dominate a smaller sample size, for goodness sakes the Cowboys were 3-0 in their division.

That being said, the better defense as a whole is probably played in the East.
Props for going with one of the most idiotic arguments i have ever heard. Your assertion would only make sense if Heat players tried harder against the West than the East, which is again idiotic.

The reason the Heat does better against the West is that they flourish more playing Western Conference basketball. The sluggish and grinding basketball of the East suits them less well.

Hoopz2332
11-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Props for going with one of the most idiotic arguments i have ever heard. Your assertion would only make sense if Heat players tried harder against the West than the East, which is again idiotic.

The reason the Heat does better against the West is that they flourish more playing Western Conference basketball. The sluggish and grinding basketball of the East suits them less well.

:applause:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 04:24 PM
I give Indianna and Chicago a better chance of beating Miami than any west team this year.

DuMa
11-18-2013, 04:41 PM
East has always managed to win more titles than the West. the typical East champion is always defensively orientated than a West champion.

Hoopz2332
11-18-2013, 04:44 PM
I give Indianna and Chicago a better chance of beating Miami than any west team this year.

this

1. Pacers

2. Bulls
3. Spurs

4. Thunder

DaSeba5
11-18-2013, 04:50 PM

This. Repped.

Dro
11-18-2013, 05:33 PM

:applause:

HurricaneKid
11-18-2013, 06:47 PM
And sixers at 4th with record of 5 - 6 ???

The Sixers lead the pathetic Atlantic so they get a top 4 seed. Atlanta is the 5 seed with a 6-4 record. In the West the 4 seed is OKC who is 1/2 game ahead of ATL.

Whoever finishes #2 in the East is going to have to go through two of Ind/Chi/Mia to get to the Finals. Thats far worse than anything anyone from the west has been through in ages.