PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Amar'e Stoudemire for Gerald Wallace/Courtney Lee

bagelred
11-18-2013, 01:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9993989/new-york-knicks-continue-discuss-trade-packages-involving-iman-shumpert

Sources did say the Celtics would be willing to take on Stoudemire's contract if they could unload some of their longer deals, namely those of Wallace and Courtney Lee.

The Knicks may be reluctant to take Wallace back because they're hesitant to take on salary beyond the 2014-15 season.

Knicks can't do this. It would clog up cap space in summer 2015. Unless Knicks got a blue chip piece back....otherwise, Knicks can't do this.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Good for Boston. Clear out cap space and increase the tank.

Darius
11-18-2013, 01:44 PM
A rejuvenated Gerald Wallace @ SF + Anthony @ PF would be an interesting combo.

CanYouDigIt
11-18-2013, 01:46 PM
More egos in New York...

#T4NK4WIGGINS

oh wait..........

rufuspaul
11-18-2013, 01:47 PM
A rejuvenated Gerald Wallace @ SF + Anthony @ PF would be an interesting combo.

The 2 worst frontcourt contracts in the league?

Blue&Orange
11-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Shumpert and Rondo are missing in the title.

bagelred
11-18-2013, 01:57 PM

Celtics aren't doing that. This seems to be a counteroffer by Celtics, meaning those guys are main pieces of trade.

Shade8780
11-18-2013, 02:09 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyway, I would like this trade. Wallace seems to love trash-talking about his teammates and coaches to the media, Lee is a scrub and Amare's contract is shorter than Wallace's is.

iDunk
11-18-2013, 02:13 PM
I'd do it if its this:

Celtics send:
Avery Bradley
Gerald Wallace
Brandon Bass
Courtney Lee

Knicks send:
Amare Stoudemire
JR Smith
Raymond Felton

Knicks then proceed by waiving Chris Smith to make enough space for this trade to work.

Boston saves around 6-7 mil in 2015. Knicks gain 7-8 mil in 2015, but get a more balanced/younger defensive minded roster.

Bradley / Prigioni / Udrih
Shumpert / Lee /
Melo / Artest / Wallace
Bargnani / Bass
Chandler / K-Mart / Aldrich

CanYouDigIt
11-18-2013, 02:14 PM
I'd do it if its this:

Celtics send:
Avery Bradley
Gerald Wallace
Brandon Bass
Courtney Lee

Knicks send:
Amare Stoudemire
JR Smith
Raymond Felton

Knicks then proceed by waiving Chris Smith to make enough space for this trade to work.

Boston saves around 6-7 mil in 2015. Knicks gain 7-8 mil in 2015, but get a more balanced/younger defensive minded roster.

Shumpert / Lee /
Melo / Artest / Wallace
Bargnani / Bass

Boston must want to tank for the next 5 years.

Nastradamus
11-18-2013, 02:25 PM
That'd be awful for NY. It shaves a year off salaries for Boston, so its worth it for them. They don't need Crash or Lee

Shade8780
11-18-2013, 02:31 PM
I'd do it if its this:

Celtics send:
Avery Bradley
Gerald Wallace
Brandon Bass
Courtney Lee

Knicks send:
Amare Stoudemire
JR Smith
Raymond Felton

Shumpert / Lee /
Melo / Artest / Wallace
Bargnani / Bass
JR Smith? Felton? Lol I wouldn't give up Bradley and Bass for them.

PJR
11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Knicks gonna Knick :oldlol:

hawkfan
11-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Maybe the Knicks will ask for a young player or draft pick to take on Wallace's contract.

I've been saying a similar trade like this, except with Bass included instead of Lee.

But if the Knicks are going to move Shumpert for a big, then that would take care of that.

STATUTORY
11-18-2013, 02:41 PM
:roll: back to the salary cap hell with no picks in upcoming draft days of isiah thomas

so much uncertainty in the world, it's good to know we can always count on the ineptitude of the knicks FO

hawkfan
11-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Another deal could be:

Celtics get

Amare Stoudemire

Knicks get

Kris Humphries (expirer)
Gerald Wallace

The Knicks could keep Humphries and let him expire next summer, giving them salary cap and luxury tax relief. Or they could trade out Humphries this year and get another player.

MetsPackers
11-18-2013, 02:47 PM
:facepalm :facepalm

brb burning all knicks merchandise if this happens

they just need to accept that they gave amare such a horrible contract that it's untradable without fvcking future rosters over. these ni66as always find some way to make things worse. give amare an allen houston contract then try to trade him when we're almost out of the woods to add another year of salary cap pain on

Eric Cartman
11-18-2013, 02:49 PM
patience is a virtue and knicks give no ****s about it

Haymaker
11-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Maybe the Knicks will ask for a young player or draft pick to take on Wallace's contract.

I've been saying a similar trade like this, except with Bass included instead of Lee.

But if the Knicks are going to move Shumpert for a big, then that would take care of that. Maybe Knicks could package Wallace/Shumpert for anything. Can they do that?

hawkfan
11-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Another deal:

Knicks get

Courtney Lee
Brandon Bass
Gerald Wallace

Celtics get

Amare Stoudemire

The Knicks get three players to add to the rotation in Lee, Bass and Wallace.

Sarcastic
11-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Classic Isiah move.

hawkfan
11-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Maybe Knicks could package Wallace/Shumpert for anything. Can they do that?

If the Knicks want to take a chance on Eric Gordon and his injuries, that deal might work.

longtime lurker
11-18-2013, 03:00 PM
For the love of God just let Amare's contract die Knicks!

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2013, 03:00 PM
This. They're just prolonging their cap nightmare.

STATUTORY
11-18-2013, 03:04 PM

haven't learned shit from the patrick ewing trade. we are a Isiah thomas MSG reunion away from repeating the last decade of Knicks futility

imdaman99
11-18-2013, 03:05 PM
I would prefer wallace over amare with this team, but not at that contract. DO NOT WANT

el gringos
11-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Amare, Felton, hardaway jr
For
Bradley, bass, Wallace, lee
Or
Wallace, lee, humphries, olynyk

niko
11-18-2013, 03:10 PM
It was a Celtic counteroffer that has no more validity than the Knicks first Rondo reach. But don't let it stop everyone from being all bitchy and making complaints.

Blue&Orange
11-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Knicks have one guaranteed contract for 2015, worth $2 millions.

There's ZERO chance Knicks trade Stat for $15 million in contracts for '15 in two irrelevant role players.

bagelred
11-18-2013, 03:15 PM
I was thinking something like this with Orlando, but Knicks get Afflalo and Big Baby for Amar'e. But I don't think Orlando would do it. Knicks would have to throw in at least one other asset.

bagelred
11-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Knicks have one guaranteed contract for 2015, worth $2 millions.

Although technically true, JR Smith and Felton both have player options....so....too early to tell if they pick them up. And Shumpert would be a RFA with cap hold.

hawkfan
11-18-2013, 04:31 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens forever):

Knicks get

Gerald Wallace
Eric Gordon

Pelicans get

Courtney Lee
Brandon Bass

Celtics get

Amare Stoudemire

The Knicks get Wallace to add depth to the front court, and Gordon in the backcourt. Gordon didn't want to go back to New Orleans, so maybe a change of scenery to New York will wake him up.

The Pelicans get rid of Gordon and his big contract, clearing out minutes for Evans. They get two rotation pieces in Lee and Bass.

The Celtics clear out Wallace's contract for the summer of 2015.

el gringos
11-18-2013, 04:51 PM

Knicks get

Gerald Wallace
Eric Gordon

Pelicans get

Courtney Lee
Brandon Bass

Celtics get

Amare Stoudemire

The Knicks get Wallace to add depth to the front court, and Gordon in the backcourt. Gordon didn't want to go back to New Orleans, so maybe a change of scenery to New York will wake him up.

The Pelicans get rid of Gordon and his big contract, clearing out minutes for Evans. They get two rotation pieces in Lee and Bass.

If Gordon's trade value is that bad they can't trade him

Knicks would want Ryan Anderson over Gordon.

FireDavidKahn
11-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Wallace is terrible now.:oldlol:

STATUTORY
11-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Wallace is terrible now.:oldlol:

so is amare :lol

CelticBaller
11-18-2013, 05:20 PM
I'll do it. Have many years Amaree has left? 2?

outbreak
11-18-2013, 05:32 PM

Knicks get

Gerald Wallace
Eric Gordon

Pelicans get

Courtney Lee
Brandon Bass

Celtics get

Amare Stoudemire

why do you keep trying to make up trade scenarios and label them as if people give a shit about your one sided trades? your trades are always terrible

hawkfan
11-18-2013, 06:50 PM
why do you keep trying to make up trade scenarios and label them as if people give a shit about your one sided trades? your trades are always terrible

The New York Knicks have discussed numerous potential trade scenarios featuring guard Iman Shumpert to bolster their injury-depleted front line, but no deal is imminent, according to sources close to the process.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9973173/new-york-knicks-discussing-iman-shumpert-trade-no-deal-imminent

hawkfan has made trade scenarios part of the NBA lexicon.

I came up with the original Stoudemire for Wallace deal originally, although my original other player was Brandon Bass, not Courtney Lee. So clearly, my trade scenario ideas are influencing NBA GMs.

hawkfan trade scenarios = where amazing happens forever.

HylianNightmare
11-18-2013, 07:01 PM
would like to see it happen if it improves the knicks this year

Jameerthefear
11-18-2013, 07:09 PM
I was thinking something like this with Orlando, but Knicks get Afflalo and Big Baby for Amar'e. But I don't think Orlando would do it. Knicks would have to throw in at least one other asset.
HELL no. Don't even suggest that again in my presence. Amare is the worst player with the worst contract in that trade.

hawkfan
11-18-2013, 07:15 PM
It isn't simply the contract with Amare.
If he is healthy, Amare is simply not the player he was at the beginning of his career.
He is best suited for situational play, but mentally he still considers himself a superstar. And he is no longer a superstar.

He hasn't adjusted.
Really, now if he was to be effective, he should just come into games and focus on rebounding and defense.
Also he needs a point guard who can create shots for him, and right now he doesn't have that.

If Boston trades for Amare, they probably would buy him out and then he could sign somewhere else. No point in having a former superstar on the end of the bench complaining about his minutes and shots.

salwan
11-18-2013, 07:16 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat as a celtics fan.

wallace is washed up, lee is nothing more than a rotation player.
we get rid of wallace's ugly contract.
and The Tank gets stronger

hawkfan
11-18-2013, 07:24 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat as a celtics fan.

wallace is washed up, lee is nothing more than a rotation player.
we get rid of wallace's ugly contract.
and The Tank gets stronger

Realistically, if the Celtics and Knicks want this deal done, then Humphries and Wallace for Stoudemire, because Humphries expires after this season.

The Knicks could let Humphries expire after this season and then spend money on other players, or they could try to re-trade him out.

Humphries would actually be a good fit for the Knicks, since his game would fit in with Melo and AB, and then Chandler can come off the bench.

DStebb716
11-18-2013, 07:53 PM
The 2 worst frontcourt contracts in the league?

How the **** is Melo a bad contract? ****ing stupid.

NumberSix
11-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Wow. Boston is SERIOUS about tanking.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Didn't someone suggest this trade on ISH a couple days ago?

NumberSix
11-18-2013, 08:01 PM
How the **** is Melo a bad contract? ****ing stupid.
I would agree. Melo isn't a terrible contract. I don't think he's worth max money, but most big name players get paid a little more than they're worth.

DStebb716
11-18-2013, 08:06 PM
I would agree. Melo isn't a terrible contract. I don't think he's worth max money, but most big name players get paid a little more than they're worth.

Well the max contract is kind of stupid. He's worth the max deal, but only because of the way it's valued.

TheMarkMadsen
11-18-2013, 08:12 PM

I think the only player from the 03 draft to never miss the playoffs and never average less than 20 poits per game deserves amazing deal

Lets not act if Melo was playing with 2 all stars/all NBA players that he wouldn't be in a better position than he currently right now.

Jr Smith is his 2nd option..

MMM
11-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Do the knicks save financially in this deal because they don't pay the luxury tax???

T-Time3
11-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Knicks gonna Knick :oldlol:
i lost it brah :roll:

BlackVVaves
11-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Whoever thinks the Knicks are gonna give up Felton and JR Smith and walk away with Avery Bradley needs to discontinue the use of LSD.

TheMilkyBarKid
11-18-2013, 08:41 PM
I think the only player from the 03 draft to never miss the playoffs and never average less than 20 poits per game deserves amazing deal

Lets not act if Melo was playing with 2 all stars/all NBA players that he wouldn't be in a better position than he currently right now.

Lets not act like he's anywhere near the top player from the 03 draft

ballup
11-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Did Hawksfan actually call something?

bagelred
11-18-2013, 10:36 PM
HELL no. Don't even suggest that again in my presence. Amare is the worst player with the worst contract in that trade.

You realize Orlando is trying to tank right?

Jameerthefear
11-18-2013, 10:47 PM
You realize Orlando is trying to tank right?
We can do that just fine without Amare's bigass contract. He's old and isn't worth shit. Just because we're tanking doesn't mean we want shit. Afflalo is worth good young pieces. Not shit.

CelticBaller
11-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Wow. Boston is SERIOUS about tanking.
Irrelevancy and mediocrity sucks bro

NumberSix
11-19-2013, 12:04 AM

LeBron: Rings
Darko: Ring
Melo: Cheerios
Bosh: Rings
Wade: Rings

DStebb716
11-19-2013, 12:04 AM
The Knicks still want Rondo. The ONLY way I see them make that happen is if they do something like:

Amare, Shumpert, Felton and two firsts (have to come from like 2079)
for
Rondo, Wallace, Lee

That would take some mega convincing on NYs part, but it would help the Celtics clear the cap space they want to, and support the tank.

Knicks become (when rarely healthy):
Rondo/Prigi/Udrih
Smith/Hardaway JR
Melo/MWP
Bargnani/Martin
Chandler/Aldrich

el gringos
11-19-2013, 05:04 AM
The Knicks still want Rondo. The ONLY way I see them make that happen is if they do something like:

for
Rondo, Wallace, Lee

That would take some mega convincing on NYs part, but it would help the Celtics clear the cap space they want to, and support the tank.

Rondo/Prigi/Udrih
Smith/Hardaway JR
Melo/MWP
Bargnani/Martin
Chandler/Aldrich
Can the Knicks even trade future 1sts? I thought there was some type of rule on amount of future picks that can be traded

ballup
11-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Actually I was mistaken, it was wallace and bass not lee. If the trade doesn't relieve the logjam at the 4, then I wouldn't do it for the Celtics.

BlackWhiteGreen
11-19-2013, 12:46 PM

for
Rondo, Wallace, Lee

Rondo/Prigi/Udrih
Smith/Hardaway JR
Melo/MWP
Bargnani/Martin
Chandler/Aldrich

The picks would have to be 2020 and 2022. It's just not happening, there's almost no value to that deal for the Celtics. It supports "the tank" but why throw away an all star in Rondo when we can just pair him with the young guys we have already?

I think if the Celts do any major move it'll be getting rid of Green.

el gringos
11-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Celtics get amare, okafor

Nugs get Tyson chandler and shumpert

Suns get j McGee, Wilson chandler, faried, hardaway jr, Felton

Knicks get dragic, frye, green, humphries, Wallace, bass, lee

longtime lurker
11-19-2013, 01:25 PM

:roll: :roll: and Knicks get away with absolute murder

el gringos
11-19-2013, 01:27 PM
I thought lee, Wallace, humphries, green and frye were all considered bad contracts?

longtime lurker
11-19-2013, 01:33 PM
I thought lee, Wallace, humphries, green and frye were all considered bad contracts?

The only bad contracts are Wallace and Lee. Green, Bass and Frye aren't bad contracts. And then you throw Dragic in there for kicks :oldlol: A trade that would make sense for both teams is Wallace and Humprhies for Amare, but Wallace's contract is just :(

el gringos
11-19-2013, 01:40 PM
The only bad contracts are Wallace and Lee. Green, Bass and Frye aren't bad contracts. And then you throw Dragic in there for kicks :oldlol: A trade that would make sense for both teams is Wallace and Humprhies for Amare, but Wallace's contract is just :(
Throw in dragic? The whole trade for ny is for him. Is he really worth more than chandler, shumpert, hardaway jr, and Felton?

ballup
11-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Do people think cap space is some kind of magical franchise changer? Throw away an all star and assets, don't fret, we got cap space in return.:rolleyes:

BlackWhiteGreen
11-19-2013, 02:31 PM

I know Okafor and Amare earn a lot but the Celtics are sending out ridiculous levels of salary there. $42m going out...

el gringos
11-19-2013, 04:05 PM
I know Okafor and Amare earn a lot but the Celtics are sending out ridiculous levels of salary there. $42m going out...
No that's not jeff green, it's Gerald green from the suns. Money incoming is within 2 mill of outgoing salary.

DStebb716
11-19-2013, 04:16 PM

How? That trade is absolutely TERRIBLE for the Knicks. Just atrocious. Tyson Chandler alone is worth more than what they're getting.

DStebb716
11-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Can the Knicks even trade future 1sts? I thought there was some type of rule on amount of future picks that can be traded

Every other year.

DMAVS41
11-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Do people think cap space is some kind of magical franchise changer? Throw away an all star and assets, don't fret, we got cap space in return.:rolleyes:

It is if you want to be bad and can get picks in return as well.

Think about it this way. If the Celtics trade Rondo for a few future first rounder and cap relief...or something like that.

They are going to be worse in the short term...which improves their chances of getting better picks on their own. They will get more picks because of the trade...and they have cap flexibility for the future to do as they please.

It makes a lot of sense and is hugely valuable.

It just depends on what the goal of a franchise is. Take the Pelicans for example. They could have played for the future and tried to set the team up to win titles in 3 years. Instead, they opted to be a fringe playoff team over the next 3 years and then will look drastically different. All about goals.

And we all know the Celtics are about titles. So I think it's definitely smart to trade Rondo for picks and cap space.

hawkfan
11-19-2013, 04:45 PM
If the Knicks do a Humphries (expirer) and Wallace deal, then:

1. Anthony will opt out next summer in 2014 and may leave;
2. Bargnani may opt out next summer in 2014 and may leave (he has a player option and he could get an Al Jefferson-style contract);
3. Humphries expires.

So that would give the Knicks a lot of cap space, and then they could trade out Tyson Chandler (as he would be entering the last year in 2015 of his contract), and then go into full rebuild mode starting in the 2014-2015.

This is all of bunch of big ifs, but this something the Knicks have to consider.

niko
11-19-2013, 04:53 PM

2. Bargnani may opt out next summer in 2014 and may leave (he has a player option and he could get an Al Jefferson-style contract);
3. Humphries expires.

So that would give the Knicks a lot of cap space, and then they could trade out Tyson Chandler (as he would be entering the last year in 2015 of his contract), and then go into full rebuild mode starting in the 2014-2015.

This is all of bunch of big ifs, but this something the Knicks have to consider.
We could have exactly the same situation without brining in Wallace's contract and having more cap room.

hawkfan
11-19-2013, 04:56 PM
We could have exactly the same situation without brining in Wallace's contract and having more cap room.

In summer 2015, the Knicks could pretty much clear out the deck. So yes, you're right.

But next summer 2014, AB and Melo can opt out, but Stoudemire's contract would still be on the books. Humphries expirer would give the Knicks 12 million more in cap space in the summer of 2014.

It depends what the Knicks want to do.

Of course, once Wallace gets into the last year of his deal, his contract becomes easier to trade out.

BlackWhiteGreen
11-19-2013, 05:09 PM

3. Humphries expires.

I don't know if the Celts would do a Humphries - Wallace for Stoudamire deal because Humphries is a good piece in a deal this year. At the deadline maybe, but NY will do a deal before then.

hawkfan
11-19-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't know if the Celts would do a Humphries - Wallace for Stoudamire deal because Humphries is a good piece in a deal this year. At the deadline maybe, but NY will do a deal before then.

Yea, it also depends on what the Celtics want to do.
If they do a Humphries/Wallace-Stoudemire deal, they are focused on summer of 2015.

If they wanted to be players in the summer of 2014, the Celtics could move out Lee and Bass, who have reasonable contracts for money and length.

niko
11-19-2013, 05:22 PM
In summer 2015, the Knicks could pretty much clear out the deck. So yes, you're right.

But next summer 2014, AB and Melo can opt out, but Stoudemire's contract would still be on the books. Humphries expirer would give the Knicks 12 million more in cap space in the summer of 2014.

It depends what the Knicks want to do.

Of course, once Wallace gets into the last year of his deal, his contract becomes easier to trade out.
If we did your deal AND Melo doesn't resign how much (if any) cap space do we have?

ballup
11-19-2013, 05:32 PM
It is if you want to be bad and can get picks in return as well.

Think about it this way. If the Celtics trade Rondo for a few future first rounder and cap relief...or something like that.

They are going to be worse in the short term...which improves their chances of getting better picks on their own. They will get more picks because of the trade...and they have cap flexibility for the future to do as they please.

It makes a lot of sense and is hugely valuable.

It just depends on what the goal of a franchise is. Take the Pelicans for example. They could have played for the future and tried to set the team up to win titles in 3 years. Instead, they opted to be a fringe playoff team over the next 3 years and then will look drastically different. All about goals.

And we all know the Celtics are about titles. So I think it's definitely smart to trade Rondo for picks and cap space.
That trade mentioned earlier did not include any draft picks or any sort of assets. It was straight up dumping bad contracts to the Celtics.

Cap space is fine to trade for, but you need a reasonable goal for that cap space like a certain player entering free agency. Having cap space isn't always a good thing. You may end being forced to overpay a player because of it.

hawkfan
11-19-2013, 05:33 PM
If we did your deal AND Melo doesn't resign how much (if any) cap space do we have?

About 44 million with Chandler; with Chandler moved out, about 30 million.

Enough to put some young players, tank and get the first round overall pick in summer 2015, and then have a bunch of cap space to sign young players.

DStebb716
11-19-2013, 05:37 PM
The Knicks might be better off if Melo leaves. Melo is a legitimate franchise player, but the way they built around him and the bad contracts they have have failed him. Might as well tank, land Okafor in 2015 and hope for the best.