PDA

View Full Version : Off duty NYPD beaten nearly to death video (NSFW)

Sarcastic
11-18-2013, 01:50 PM
This has been pretty big news in NY the last few days. The video is pretty graphic. The guy is definitely going to jail for a long time for this.

http://gothamist.com/2013/11/18/off-duty_cops_brutal_beating_caught.php

zoom17
11-18-2013, 02:27 PM
That was disgusting hope he gets life in jail.

BrooklynZoo
11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
wish they would arrest the cameraman too

Rake2204
11-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Good lord, that was very difficult for me to watch. I feel this must clearly go above and beyond standard assault, yes? I mean, the manner with which the assailant could see his victim was knocked out, paused, walked around a little, then returned to continue a rapid fire beating on his skull, I'd hope that'd lead to heavy charges.

And for the one millionth incident, the cameraman's comments and mentality makes me want to vomit.

#number6ix#
11-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Damn that dude has some serious anger issues... It takes a lot of rage to just continuously beat on an defensive person like that... Dude deserves a 10-15 year prison sentence

Styles p
11-18-2013, 03:03 PM
they should just shoot that guy in the head instead of wasting tax dollars feeding and housing that piece of shit.

9erempiree
11-18-2013, 03:13 PM
It's tragic what happened but let's not sympathize here because the man is a cop. Cops are the biggest war criminals here and let's not forget the police brutality that is happening all over the world here.

I believe the cop was probably mouthing off. As a cop you should know better to not get into confrontation with people. If it is serious, then show your badge and the suspect will leave you alone.

gts
11-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Looks like attempted murder to me...

Also when will idiots learn to use their phones to call 911 to report a crime and not use the video to record a crime?

tomtucker
11-18-2013, 04:24 PM
they should just shoot that guy in the head instead of wasting tax dollars feeding and housing that piece of shit.
:applause:

-p.tiddy-
11-18-2013, 04:54 PM
don't even want to watch as I know it will just make me sick...:(

hope the guy is alright and doesn't have any serious brain damage or anything

and hope the attacker is raped in jail repeatedly

The Real JW
11-18-2013, 05:01 PM
It's tragic what happened but let's not sympathize here because the man is a cop. Cops are the biggest war criminals here and let's not forget the police brutality that is happening all over the world here.

I believe the cop was probably mouthing off. As a cop you should know better to not get into confrontation with people. If it is serious, then show your badge and the suspect will leave you alone.

Doesn't really have anything to do with him being a cop. I don't care what someone says to you, it doesn't justify you continuing to pound his head after he gets knocked unconscious and putting him in a coma. Cop or no cop.

-p.tiddy-
11-18-2013, 05:05 PM
yeah that guy being a cop means nothing to me...it's disgusting no matter who it was

andremiller07
11-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Pretty much this you have to treat animals like animals

9erempiree
11-18-2013, 05:28 PM
We don't know what happened. So before we judge, we should see what the reason for the beating.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-18-2013, 05:30 PM
laughing witness cheered on the assailant and repeatedly declared, "That ni--a's dead!"

:facepalm

9erempiree
11-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Obviously something serious happened, not talking about the beating, but something had to happen for witnesses not to help.

I'm thinking the cop did something real bad here.

People just don't beat people to a bloody pulp.

-p.tiddy-
11-18-2013, 05:33 PM
We don't know what happened. So before we judge, we should see what the reason for the beating.
no, there is no excuse for that...PERHAPS if the cop killed that man's mother prior to that, then it could be excused...but anything outside of that is inexcusable

it was most likely just beef at a club/alcohol...both probably drunk...camera man was probably drunk too...alcohol fuels a lot of beatings like this

Sarcastic
11-18-2013, 05:35 PM

They apparently had an altercation at a restaurant/club earlier in the night. The fight was supposedly over a bump. Just goes to show you how easy shit can escalate over bullshit.

The Real JW
11-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Obviously something serious happened, not talking about the beating, but something had to happen for witnesses not to help.

Yes, they do. You might've been lucky enough to not encounter any yet, but there are certainly unhinged and violent people who will blow up over basically nothing. Over simple verbal arguments.

CP3MVP
11-18-2013, 05:36 PM
They apparently had an altercation at a restaurant/club earlier in the night. The fight was supposedly over a bumb. Just goes to show you how easy shit can escalate over bullshit.
a bumb?

-p.tiddy-
11-18-2013, 05:37 PM
a bumb?
think he meant "bump"

like they bumped into each other...and there you have the "beef"

really though it's just caused by alcohol and a lack of sex

9erempiree
11-18-2013, 05:38 PM
I know that I am going to get a lot of backlash but let's be real here, cops have been beating up innocent people for no reason and this is pretty much fact.

To say, that the beating was justified, if the suspect's mother was killed by the police, well....a lot of innocent people died because of police brutality. It can be argued that this beating was for all the innocent people that were hurt because of police brutality.

The Real JW
11-18-2013, 05:40 PM
It can be argued that this beating was for all the innocent people that were hurt because of police brutality.

4/10

Okay trolling attempt, but not great.

9erempiree
11-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Also, as a cop, you should practice good judgement. Why the cop even getting in an altercation at a club of all places, is mind boggling.

You are a cop and you have civil duty to uphold the "badge". They feel protected behind the badge and their gun, that they think they are above the law and superior to the general public.

A cop has to be better than this. Oh wait, they are not.

-p.tiddy-
11-18-2013, 05:42 PM
I know that I am going to get a lot of backlash but let's be real here, cops have been beating up innocent people for no reason and this is pretty much fact.

To say, that the beating was justified, if the suspect's mother was killed by the police, well....a lot of innocent people died because of police brutality. It can be argued that this beating was for all the innocent people that were hurt because of police brutality.
can't you just troll another thread with a less serious topic?...fck, we need an even brighter hue of red rep for your shit

9erempiree
11-18-2013, 05:44 PM
can't you just troll another thread with a less serious topic?...fck, we need an even brighter hue of red rep for your shit

I knew this would happen. I get called for a troll because I am reserving judgement on this case till all the facts come out.

Like I mentioned before, we don't know what happened. We know the victim is a police officer. The victim is in a career field that has caused violence over innocent people all over the world.

The Real JW
11-18-2013, 05:47 PM
I knew this would happen. I get called for a troll because I am reserving judgement on this case till all the facts come out.

Like I mentioned before, we don't know what happened. We know the victim is a police officer. The victim is in a career field that has caused violence over innocent people all over the world.

Saying the beating might've been justified because of "police brutality" (when the cop was off-duty, and the attacker wasn't even aware that he was a cop) is hardly reserving judgement.

9erempiree
11-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Saying the beating might've been justified because of "police brutality" (when the cop was off-duty, and the attacker wasn't even aware that he was a cop) is hardly reserving judgement.

Like I said, people trying to get sympathy votes by mentioning he's a cop?

Even the thread title and how this story is being pushed is "Off duty cop gets beat".

If it was sympathy as human beings, there would be no need to mention he's a cop. They are mentioning it to get sympathy votes.

I can play that game too. "Victim was beaten because he exercised police power while off duty" and then he happen to get his butt kicked.

NYC is notorious for corrupted police officers, if these were your traditional street gangster, nobody would care. Even though I do consider police officers as gangsters too.

Not too long ago, an "off duty" police officer caused a riot by bashing the windows of a Range Rover that caused a man to get beat in front of his family.

Patrick Chewing
11-18-2013, 06:13 PM

They should. That's not normal human behavior.

Myth
11-18-2013, 06:20 PM
The punishment for this should be as severe as if the officer died. Death should not be what decides the punishment, but the action itself should.

It's A VC3!!!
11-18-2013, 07:40 PM
That piece of shit deserves to die. There's no place for him on this earth. "I didn't know he was a cop". So what you ****ing idiot, he's still a human being and you don't do that to any person, regardless of a visible badge or not.

kentatm
11-18-2013, 08:37 PM
yeah that guy being a cop means nothing to me...it's disgusting no matter who it was

for real

how anyone could do that shit...

there are some sick people in this world man.

9erempiree
11-18-2013, 08:40 PM
That piece of shit deserves to die. There's no place for him on this earth. "I didn't know he was a cop". So what you ****ing idiot, he's still a human being and you don't do that to any person, regardless of a visible badge or not.

To be fair, what did you expect him to say?

The media is using this "off duty" cop thing to get sympathy points from the general public. Let's be honest, nobody would care if it was some street fight with a regular person.

If the media is pushing this "off duty cop" crap then it's pretty fair for him to say he didn't know it was a cop.

Draz
11-18-2013, 08:54 PM
That's like around where I live. That's sad, really sad.

MadeFromDust
11-18-2013, 09:00 PM

+1

I bet that cop provoked him with his mouth to elicit that kind of rage in reaction.

And they can't escalate the charges to whatever special treatment the cops get because he didn't identify himself as such...the thug didn't know he was a cop at the time of assault.

kNicKz
11-18-2013, 09:08 PM
9er empire failing hard in this thread

this shit is inexcusable :facepalm

The Real JW
11-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Let's be honest, nobody would care if it was some street fight with a regular person.

I would.

With this incident, him being a cop literally means nothing to me considering its complete irrelevance to the situation that happened. News outlets reporting that he was an off-duty officer is simply them relaying an identifying feature of the victim. It's just info about him. Like reporting that he has brown hair or is 32 years old or whatever. So I say you're either trolling, or you're hung up on the trivial "off-duty cop" detail out of some unrelated hatred of police.

9erempiree
11-18-2013, 09:17 PM
I would.

With this incident, him being a cop literally means nothing to me considering its complete irrelevance to the situation that happened. News outlets reporting that he was an off-duty officer is simply them relaying an identifying feature of the victim. It's just info about him. Like reporting that he has brown hair or is 32 years old or whatever. So I say you're either trolling, or you're hung up on the trivial "off-duty cop" detail out of some unrelated hatred of police.

There are so many crimes committed against doctors, lawyers, accountants and plumbers and the media doesn't describe them as such.

"Heart Surgeon brutally attacked...." these headlines don't exist. Do I condone the beating? I will reserve judgement till the facts come out.

The fact that he's an off duty cop is to garner sympathy from people. It wouldn't be a story if he wasn't a cop.

It's like the media mentioning him as a cop, means he can do no wrong when we don't know what happened.

AngelEyes
11-18-2013, 09:24 PM

Idiotic comment from an awful poster. Not only are you a troll but you're one of the least creative, least interesting trolls. From the looks of it you're probably a douchebag in real life as well.

Draz
11-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Correction *** this happened right down the block from me!!!! Wow are you kidding me! I walk here every day, holy shit. That's insane, I can't believe it, wow. I have to show my family this, this never happens. Holy shit. That area is heavily populated and is monitored by cops too. Wtf? Wow I'm shocked. Literally right down the block of my house.

tpols
11-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Whats up with these ******* w/ cameras laughing and giggling at shit like this? Gdamn thats infuriating..

AngelEyes
11-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Whats up with these ******* w/ cameras laughing and giggling at shit like this? Gdamn thats infuriating..

There always seems to be at least one asshole laughing like this in one of these videos. Revolting behavior.

ace23
11-18-2013, 09:57 PM
So he got into a fight and lost. This would be a non-story if he weren't a cop. People are giving him the benefit of the doubt only because he was an officer.

rezznor
11-18-2013, 10:09 PM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317094

BrooklynZoo
11-18-2013, 11:54 PM
They should. That's not normal human behavior.

actually it is, just check out worldstar

BrooklynZoo
11-18-2013, 11:56 PM
So he got into a fight and lost. This would be a non-story if he weren't a cop. People are giving him the benefit of the doubt only because he was an officer.

what fight did u watch? i just see one guy fighting

ace23
11-19-2013, 12:01 AM
what fight did u watch? i just see one guy fighting
I see two people talking to each other and one promptly getting his ass whooped. They said the dispute had continued from another location, so it's not like the officer was trying to flee the situation.

TheSilentKiller
11-19-2013, 12:03 AM
I never have and never will understand the rationale for hitting a dude when he is unconscious on the ground. It is sickening.

Jameerthefear
11-19-2013, 12:04 AM
I see two people talking to each other and one promptly getting his ass whooped. They said the dispute had continued from another location, so it's not like the officer was trying to flee the situation.
He was unconscious on the ground and dude was still punching. Do you not see a problem with that?

Patrick Chewing
11-19-2013, 12:09 AM

I'd love to beat you mercilessly like this guy did and then tell everyone I know that it's a non-story.

BrooklynZoo
11-19-2013, 12:18 AM

the guy even turns his back to him, doesn't exactly look like hes trying to fight him does it? :facepalm

knickballer
11-19-2013, 12:50 AM

lmao, at the ISH keyboard warriors who think this is part of Darwin's theory.

The cop got beat to a pulp by some crazy looking buffoon..

ace23
11-19-2013, 01:27 AM
I don't know why y'all are giving this dumbass sympathy. Again, the dispute continued from another location and he was running his mouth. If you want to talk, you want to fight. You don't become the victim when you get dropped.

Patrick Chewing
11-19-2013, 01:38 AM
I don't know why y'all are giving this dumbass sympathy. Again, the dispute continued from another location and he was running his mouth. If you want to talk, you want to fight. You don't become the victim when you get dropped.

Who made these rules?? You? LOL. That's a pathetic way to think.

Fighting, unless provoked and attacked first is gay. Stomping and punching an unconscious man repeatedly is even more gay. If our society and especially our youth think the way you think, then all hope is lost. May fire and brimstone rain down upon us.

Violence only begets more violence.

The Iron Fist
11-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Hes made a great point. Cops do shit like this every day.

ace23
11-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Who made these rules?? You? LOL. That's a pathetic way to think.

Fighting, unless provoked and attacked first is gay. Stomping and punching an unconscious man repeatedly is even more gay. If our society and especially our youth think the way you think, then all hope is lost. May fire and brimstone rain down upon us.

Violence only begets more violence.
You don't know what he said.

Patrick Chewing
11-19-2013, 01:55 AM
You don't know what he said.

Since when do words give credence to this type of beat down?? There are too many weak p*ssies in this country who get butthurt over someone insulting them.

Walk away. Case closed.

Raymone
11-19-2013, 02:00 AM
If you want to talk, you want to fight.

Getting hit repeatedly while you lay unconscious isn't a fight, dipshit. You're the same type of mental midget who felt that Trayvon was in a "fight" with Zimmerman when only one of them had the injuries. As if a one-sided assault is the same as a fist fight between two willing participants where both people are throwing punches. :facepalm

KingBeasley08
11-19-2013, 02:04 AM
Not gonna lie, 49er is a good troll :oldlol:

Don't know why people still respond to him

ace23
11-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Kind of illegal to fight someone because they say mean things to you, guy.
Sure. So is jaywalking.

I'm just saying this shit would be a non-story if it weren't some officer who probably forgot he didn't have his shiny pistol on him. Some dumbass runs his mouth, gets dropped, and gets sympathy? Wtf.

Peace.

BrooklynZoo
11-19-2013, 02:09 AM

huh do you have more on this story than the rest of us?

longhornfan1234
11-19-2013, 02:31 AM
His woman hides in the car. :roll: :roll:

andremiller07
11-19-2013, 02:34 AM
Sure. So is jaywalking.

I'm just saying this shit would be a non-story if it weren't some officer who probably forgot he didn't have his shiny pistol on him. Some dumbass runs his mouth, gets dropped, and gets sympathy? Wtf.

Peace.
It was more about how cowardly the crime was and how he kept hitting him while he was out for no reason like a coward that's why it made the news and it was on tape......

ihoopallday
11-19-2013, 02:59 AM

Fights happen all the time when people drink. But, there's a difference between kicking someone's ass and basically trying to murder them. This guy even went after the cops wife. What's even worse is his idiotic friend watching it all go down. Who the **** would stand there and watch a man get his skull smashed into the pavement? I honestly can't believe you're actually defending this attacker. Most of us dislike cops, but there's no way that should give you the mindset that the cop deserved what he got.

9erempiree
11-19-2013, 03:02 AM
Perhaps Mohammad Deen didn't deserve to get beat down like that. It's karma for all the police brutality that has happened all over the world.

He just happen to be that dude.

Patrick Chewing
11-19-2013, 03:04 AM
Perhaps Mohammad Deen didn't deserve to get beat down like that. It's karma for all the police brutality that has happened all over the world.

Nearest bridge to you. Jump off of it.

kentatm
11-19-2013, 03:07 AM
There are so many crimes committed against doctors, lawyers, accountants and plumbers and the media doesn't describe them as such.

Durant man arrested for assaulting doctor (http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/Durant-man-arrested-after-assaulting-doctor-231905931.html)

Dallas police records detail brutal December attack on Dallas lawyer (http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/01/dallas-police-records-detail-brutal-attack-on-dallas-lawyer.html/)

Surveillance Video Captures Gunplay Attacking Accountant With Gun
(http://www.vibe.com/article/surveillance-video-captures-gunplay-attacking-accountant-gun)
Plumber robbed after walking in on burglary (http://www.kens5.com/news/Plumber-robbed-at-office-early-Sunday-morning-179864671.html)

:yaohappy:

9erempiree
11-19-2013, 03:10 AM
Durant man arrested for assaulting doctor (http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/Durant-man-arrested-after-assaulting-doctor-231905931.html)

Dallas police records detail brutal December attack on Dallas lawyer (http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/01/dallas-police-records-detail-brutal-attack-on-dallas-lawyer.html/)

(http://www.vibe.com/article/surveillance-video-captures-gunplay-attacking-accountant-gun)
Plumber robbed after walking in on burglary (http://www.kens5.com/news/Plumber-robbed-at-office-early-Sunday-morning-179864671.html)

:yaohappy:

and not a damn was given.

ihoopallday
11-19-2013, 03:14 AM

:facepalm I truly wonder if you're just a troll or this is how you are in real life.

BrooklynZoo
11-19-2013, 03:20 AM

you cant be that dumb

kentatm
11-19-2013, 03:22 AM

:biggums: :facepalm :rolleyes:

"Heart Surgeon brutally attacked...." these headlines don't exist. Do I condone the beating? I will reserve judgement till the facts come out.

The fact that he's an off duty cop is to garner sympathy from people. It wouldn't be a story if he wasn't a cop.

It's like the media mentioning him as a cop, means he can do no wrong when we don't know what happened.

these headlines don't exist.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5f5na344C1qh2kwn.gif

9erempiree
11-19-2013, 04:02 AM
:facepalm I truly wonder if you're just a troll or this is how you are in real life.

If you read the thread in it's entirety, you would know what I meant by that.

Anyways, I will explain before more quotes get taken out of context. I mentioned how the media is playing the "off duty cop" headline to garner sympathy and nobody does it for a plumber, accountant or doctor.

Like I said, not a damn was given by the public about those professions but it's big deal because it's a cop.

9erempiree
11-19-2013, 04:04 AM
:biggums: :facepalm :rolleyes:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5f5na344C1qh2kwn.gif

Like I said, not a damn was given and this thread is proof. Look how much attention a cop thread like this is getting on ISH.

There is no plumber, accountant and doctor beating threads on ISH because we, as the public, don't care. "OFF DUTY COP" is the headline to generate sympathy to police officers, who are known to beat up and kill innocent people.

Too easy.

ace23
11-19-2013, 04:19 AM
Fights happen all the time when people drink. But, there's a difference between kicking someone's ass and basically trying to murder them. This guy even went after the cops wife. What's even worse is his idiotic friend watching it all go down. Who the **** would stand there and watch a man get his skull smashed into the pavement? I honestly can't believe you're actually defending this attacker. Most of us dislike cops, but there's no way that should give you the mindset that the cop deserved what he got.
The way I see it, if you pick a random fight with someone, you're risking your life. I don't care what he "deserved". He shouldn't have been in the situation in the first place.

kentatm
11-19-2013, 04:22 AM
Like I said, not a damn was given and this thread is proof. Look how much attention a cop thread like this is getting on ISH.

There is no plumber, accountant and doctor beating threads on ISH because we, as the public, don't care. "OFF DUTY COP" is the headline to generate sympathy to police officers, who are known to beat up and kill innocent people.

Too easy.

:roll:

The reason this thread got going was b/c of the brutality of the beating. It would have been the same had the victim been any of the professions listed.

But hey, keep backing yourself into the worlds smallest corner if you want to keep pretending to be right with your extremely tired contrarian act.

9erempiree
11-19-2013, 04:29 AM
:roll:

The reason this thread got going was b/c of the brutality of the beating. It would have been the same had the victim been any of the professions listed.

But hey, keep backing yourself into the worlds smallest corner if you want to keep pretending to be right with your extremely tired contrarian act.

I am still more right than you. Just google "off duty cop nyc" keywords buddy and you will see what I'm talking about. I believe the NY POST has also mentioned the word cop multiple multiple times. Go read that article.

Like I said, yes, the beating is bad but not a damn is given when it happens to thugs or others but when it happens to a cop, then it's news.

I am reserving judgement till all the facts are out. There were witnesses saying that they were both pissy drunk. Suspect and victim could barely stand.

We know cops do shady things and I'm not condoning the beating of innocent people but the cop was going to commit a crime and get behind a wheel when he's drunk. He could have killed a family commuting to school in those early mornings.

Perhaps the beating was a blessing in disguise for what he was about to do himself.

It's a touchy subject but they were all in the wrong including the cop.

9erempiree
11-19-2013, 04:36 AM
The way I see it, if you pick a random fight with someone, you're risking your life. I don't care what he "deserved". He shouldn't have been in the situation in the first place.

I agree and all this over bumping someone at the club. If you can't be a better man and let a situation like that go, then you are also in the wrong, both attacker and victim.

I like to mention that I am speculating like many on here. If a cop can use proper judgement over a bump then I have really lost my trust in the police force, which I already have.

Lebron23
11-19-2013, 04:44 AM
He really wanted to kill the police officer. I hope he rots in jail.

IamRAMBO24
11-19-2013, 06:22 AM

Keep in mind, I'm one of the few people who defended you for speaking your mind, but now I kind of understand why you are so hated.

You're stupid. Period.

If you are going against the majority of the posters and take on 5 or more, you have to be damn sure you know what the hell you are talking about.

The reason why you are such an idiot in this thread is because:

1. You are using a generalization (cops are all evil) to rationalize your premise.

2. You have no morals or ethics within the argument.

If you are not fighting for righteousness, morality, or justice, then gtfo, YOU CAN NEVER WIN AN ARGUMENT.

Basically you are saying the guy should be killed because he is a cop in and of itself. That is just sickening. You are a poor excuse for a human being, and yes this is coming from a guy who gave you the benefit of the doubt before.

OhNoTimNoSho
11-19-2013, 09:49 AM
That should be attempted murder, smashing a dudes head into concrete while hes unconscious.

Rasheed1
11-19-2013, 12:46 PM
To be honest, I laughed at the video..not because it was funny, but because it was absurd how he was just punching his head while the guy was out cold.. And the guy yelling WORLD STAR!!.. I think the guy who did it deserved to be charged with felony assault (and evaluated for rage issues).. but I also think that this is always a possibility when you get into a fight with someone you don't know..

I understand it started over something that happened in a club. That happens all the time, and if you are sure you wanna fight someone over it?

The other thing that people seem to be freaking out over is the mob mentality of the crowd.. Thats what crowds do :confusedshrug: they yell for blood and they enjoy seeing two people demean themselves in public..

Ive seen crowds provoke girls to jump another girl.. Everyone is cheering and telling them to beat her ass..

To me, its just another sign of how violent this society is.. That looked just like a video game where one player is beating another to a bloody pulp..

FINISH HIM!!! <<<that type of thing

I think it is messed up, but it was one on one and the cop lost, badly..

I think the knockout game is worse because those people are just minding their own business and they get sucker punched.. Punching out women??

anyway, I think the hand writing is on the wall, we are waay too violent in this society and these incidents (not to mention the gun violence and police brutality) give us a glimpse of it daily

BrooklynZoo
11-19-2013, 12:56 PM
To be honest, I laughed at the video..not because it was funny, but because it was absurd how he was just punching his head while the guy was out cold.. And the guy yelling WORLD STAR!!.. I think the guy who did it deserved to be charged with felony assault (and evaluated for rage issues).. but I also think that this is always a possibility when you get into a fight with someone you don't know..

I understand it started over something that happened in a club. That happens all the time, and if you are sure you wanna fight someone over it?

The other thing that people seem to be freaking out over is the mob mentality of the crowd.. Thats what crowds do :confusedshrug: they yell for blood and they enjoy seeing two people demean themselves in public..

Ive seen crowds provoke girls to jump another girl.. Everyone is cheering and telling them to beat her ass..

To me, its just another sign of how violent this society is.. That looked just like a video game where one player is beating another to a bloody pulp..

FINISH HIM!!! <<<that type of thing

I think it is messed up, but it was one on one and the cop lost, badly..

I think the knockout game is worse because those people are just minding their own business and they get sucker punched.. Punching out women??

anyway, I think the hand writing is on the wall, we are waay too violent in this society and these incidents (not to mention the gun violence and police brutality) give us a glimpse of it daily

that argument might make some type of sense if the cop squared up or was trying to get into a physical altercation with him. He clearly (at the point in the video) was not.

and to the argument that its only getting headlines cause hes a cop has no bearing on my take on it. Sure, it gives the story more legs but it doesn't do anything for me as far as who's at fault. If anything, knowing he's a cop hurts his cause since he mighta had a little power trip. But that said, the story here is how the guy practically kills him when it only took one punch

TheSilentKiller
11-19-2013, 01:01 PM
It's mentioned that he is a police officer because these are the exact situations that a police officer (off or on duty) should be able to contain. His occupation is relevant to the story, unlike if he were a plumber or a lawyer. How can you not see that 9er?

ErhnamDjinn
11-19-2013, 01:47 PM

you cant be serious :facepalm

no one deserves to be killed or beaten

-p.tiddy-
11-19-2013, 02:12 PM
The combination of this video, the "knockout" video, and the "Kanye attacks..." video really depressed me last night...:(

I have come to realize that since becoming a father I just view human life in a completely different light now...I grew up in clubs and bars, I've seen and been a part of dozens of drunken fights and jumpings...but that's when I was young, dumb, ignorant human...now as a parent, I understand just how VERY fragile human life is.

the knock out video really made me sad...in this situation you have young black kids running up to strangers, old men and even old women, and knocking them out cold FOR FUN...society has failed these people, their parents if they have any, have FAILED...and it is really fcking upsetting.

anyway...this made me feel a little better last night:

http://www.americanprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/issues/2012/06/img/violentcrime_fig1.jpg

all in all society IS getting better...we have to keep that in mind

violent crime is continuing to decline, thank God...it is just that the fact everyone is packing a camera now that really lets all of us witness it first hand now.

and the fact that we all have cameras is a good thing...in this video, the camera man is a complete jack ass, but I am glad he filmed that, it is indisputable evidence that will lead to prison time for the attacker. I think in the coming years, criminals like this will start to think twice because of all the camera action going on these days...if someone is attacked near a crowd? It will probably end up on tape.

-p.tiddy-
11-19-2013, 03:06 PM
http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/cop-beat-brute-held-without-bail-put-on-suicide-watch/

[QUOTE][B]

East_Stone_Ya
11-19-2013, 03:36 PM

agreed

sixerfan82
11-19-2013, 03:37 PM

So what would you feel justifies what's being shown in this video?

STATUTORY
11-19-2013, 03:55 PM
I really think world star site creates moral hazard

iamgine
11-19-2013, 04:05 PM
So what would you feel justifies what's being shown in this video?
Maybe that sick cop kidnapped the dude and his daughter and made him rape his little girl in all her little holes eh?

9erempiree
11-19-2013, 04:20 PM

this.

I think so too. That site promotes sex, drugs and violence. They encourage these kind of videos.

-p.tiddy-
11-19-2013, 04:22 PM
this.

I think so too. That site promotes sex, drugs and violence. They encourage these kind of videos.
you make sense here

you should try to do that with all your posts

btw:

http://www.cnn.com/

main headline: VIRGINIA LAWMAKER ATTACKED AT HOME in huge bold text

sixerfan82
11-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Maybe that sick cop kidnapped the dude and his daughter and made him rape his little girl in all her little holes eh?

Maybe the sky falls at night and all puppies turn into ponies.

Raymone
11-19-2013, 05:02 PM
you make sense here

you should try to do that with all your posts

btw:

http://www.cnn.com/

main headline: VIRGINIA LAWMAKER ATTACKED AT HOME in huge bold text

Clearly a calculated headline meant to garner sympathy for lawmakers. Maybe that lawmaker deserved it? Karma for all the bad laws passed throughout our history.

chosen_one6
11-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Cops get away with this sh*t all the time. Looks like karmic retribution if I ever saw it.

BrooklynZoo
11-20-2013, 12:04 AM
Cops get away with this sh*t all the time. Looks like karmic retribution if I ever saw it.

lol if this ever happens to you the cops will be the first people u call

I<3NBA
11-20-2013, 01:12 AM
the cameraman should be an acessory

Sarcastic
11-20-2013, 01:50 AM
the cameraman should be an acessory

Why? His video provided valuable evidence.

TheSilentKiller
11-20-2013, 01:50 AM
To the people who say cops do this get away with this shit all the time, you are horribly mistaken. 99% of police officers are completely by the book good officers.

Patrick Chewing
11-20-2013, 01:57 AM

One of the worst sites on the internet. There is nothing wholesome or good on that site to promote. It's all smut, smut, violence, smut, and more violence.

It's sad, but this is our future and we've let it happen.

MadeFromDust
11-20-2013, 03:13 AM
To the people who say cops do this get away with this shit all the time, you are horribly mistaken. 99% of police officers are completely by the book good officers.
:wtf: What is your statistical sample?

:no:

oh the horror
11-20-2013, 03:24 AM

So you'd venture to say a mere one percent are bad cops?

Sorry pal but that's amazingly optimistic.

Think about how many people you've ever seen, met and read about with horrible encounters with the law.

Ever heard of Serpico?

Hell, the Rampart division here in Los Angeles is the most corrupt shit in town.

I'm willing to bet the number of bad cops is staggering.

Go Getter
11-20-2013, 03:42 AM
Why? His video provided valuable evidence.
Plus it sounded like he finally wised up at the the end and asked him to leave the guy alone.

eriX
11-20-2013, 11:08 AM

Think about how many people you've ever seen, met and read about with horrible encounters with the law.

Ever heard of Serpico?

Hell, the Rampart division here in Los Angeles is the most corrupt shit in town.

the perception of cops from the younger generation have always been bad due to numerous factors which only further aggregate the hate and aggression towards them and in return the cops also feel like they have a need to re affirm themselves as enforcers when people don't cooperate which none of them ever fking do. Half of the police brutalities starts by the victim not cooperating or tries to be a smartass, seen it with my own eyes. I don't live in the states so maybe it's worse there but here in australia most cops are fine, most of them are chilled and laid back and you could probably even have a chat with them even when your drunk.

TheSilentKiller
11-20-2013, 11:25 AM

Ever heard of Serpico?

Think about the hundreds of thousands of police officers you don't here about in the news each day who merely do their job. I guess the headline "police make routine traffic stop" isn't too exciting. 99% may have been too high but it definitely isn't far off. I've had this exact discussion with an uncle of mine who works as a police officer in Detroit. Out of the ~200 different people he worked with, he estimated only 5 were bad cops. And this is in one of the highest crime rate and most poverty stricken cities in America.

Bandito
11-20-2013, 01:04 PM
don't even want to watch as I know it will just make me sick...:(

hope the guy is alright and doesn't have any serious brain damage or anything

and hope the attacker is raped in jail repeatedly
Hes not going to get raped, hes going to be treated as a hero in jail because the guy was a cop.

-p.tiddy-
11-20-2013, 01:28 PM
there is tons of "grey area" in this "good-cop bad-cop ratio" debate

I am sure there are plenty of cops that are "good" overall but have taken advantage of being a cop in a bad way a few times during their career...

highwhey
11-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Think about the hundreds of thousands of police officers you don't here about in the news each day who merely do their job. I guess the headline "police make routine traffic stop" isn't too exciting. 99% may have been too high but it definitely isn't far off. I've had this exact discussion with an uncle of mine who works as a police officer in Detroit. Out of the ~200 different people he worked with, he estimated only 5 were bad cops. And this is in one of the highest crime rate and most poverty stricken cities in America.
c'mon dude, you're being unrealistic. My local police department has been investigated following corruption rumors. Not too long ago a local blogger exposed the Phoenix police chief and the following investigation resulted in the chief being replaced. Before that, a couple cops were caught using steroids. Not to mention the mfing racial profiling they do, I've been pulled over for some bs reasons..."we're doing a check on expired tags" I wanted to fight that fggt, my tags weren't expired and there's no way he read my plates before pulling me over.

-p.tiddy-
11-20-2013, 01:36 PM
c'mon dude, you're being unrealistic. My local police department has been investigated following corruption rumors. Not too long ago a local blogger exposed the Phoenix police chief and the following investigation resulted in the chief being replaced. Before that, a couple cops were caught using steroids. Not to mention the mfing racial profiling they do, I've been pulled over for some bs reasons..."we're doing a check on expired tags" I wanted to fight that fggt, my tags weren't expired and there's no way he read my plates before pulling me over.
you're using very simple things to label someone a "bad cop" imo

steroid use?

okay if smoking a little pot once a year gets you the "bad cop" label then sure there are tons of bad cops...

IMO a "bad cop" would be a cop that beats someone to near death like this man did...that's why this topic came up in the first place, as though it is just pay back for what cops do on a regular

Raymone
11-20-2013, 01:58 PM
So you just got pulled over? you didn't get a ticket or anything? Maybe your car just met a description?

Mexicans and blacks take offense to ever being pulled over or even questioned by police. They always think it must be a racially-motivated move to target them. Always.

highwhey
11-20-2013, 02:05 PM
So you just got pulled over? you didn't get a ticket or anything? Maybe your car just met a description? I just received a no proof of insurance ticket, which I took care of by going down to the court house and submitting my insurance documents.

Most people know that if you appear to be hispanic/mexican in phoenix, you're likely to be pulled over. The sheriff department sets up weekly traffic stops in order to detain illegal immigrants.

Raymone
11-20-2013, 02:06 PM
I can't say I blame you guys for doing it though. If my skin tone were of the darker variety, I'd probably pull that card too.

"You dare pull me over, officer? You racist pig, I know it's because of my skin color. You better let me out of this ticket or I'm going straight to the chief!"

highwhey
11-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Mexicans and blacks take offense to ever being pulled over or even questioned by police. They always think it must be a racially-motivated move to target them. Always.
Yes, because being pulled over without breaking any law is normal. Not to mention that he couldn't have read my plates.

TheSilentKiller
11-20-2013, 02:28 PM

steroid use?

okay if smoking a little pot once a year gets you the "bad cop" label then sure there are tons of bad cops...

IMO a "bad cop" would be a cop that beats someone to near death like this man did...that's why this topic came up in the first place, as though it is just pay back for what cops do on a regular
This. A bad cop is someone who abuses their power in a severe way like this.

highwhey
11-20-2013, 02:34 PM

steroid use?

people beat cops bc they can be real assholes, especially the ones that believe their authority is supreme. When you hear on the news that the same assholes who pulled you over are they themselves breaking the law, its pretty infuriating.