PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook's Value

hitman24
11-18-2013, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMTrX79u_4c

Here Coach Nick describes how Westbrook might have cost the Thunder the game vs. Warriors.

Personally, I don't agree. Westbrook does have questionable plays sometimes but he is more important to the team than many want to believe. They're on another level with him.

What do you guys think? How valuable is Westbrook to the team?

Is there anyway to check the team stats with and without Westbrook?

BlazerRed
11-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Yes there's a way to know Westbrook' value to the team. It's called watching games. The guy is extremely valuable to the Thunder. Without him they're a second round exit at best, and we saw that last year. Sure he'll make some stupid decisions, but his positive impact in creating open shots and easy baskets far outways the negatives. He'll win you far more games than he'll cost you. A top 10 player in the league for sure.

LakersDaBEst
11-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Id trade anyone for him besides kobe

KyrieTheFuture
11-18-2013, 05:34 PM
People still take coach Nick seriously? Well known that he's biased.

LONGTIME
"Coach Nick" Who is this clown?

russwest0
You know Coach Nick is a hater when he's trying to blame Russ for a loss when Russ puts up 30/9/5 on over 60% shooting plus hits what was basically the game winner

BlazerRed
11-18-2013, 05:41 PM
You know Coach Nick is a hater when he's trying to blame Russ for a loss when Russ puts up 30/9/5 on over 60% shooting plus hits what was basically the game winner
He's always hated Westbrook. Dude is an idiot . Yeah it's real hard to sit back in your arm chair and analyse exactly what a player should have done with their split second decisions, from a top camera view without 7ft players in the way.. Dude is a joke.

Element
11-18-2013, 05:56 PM
That fvggot should never be taken seriously

imdaman99
11-18-2013, 06:02 PM
lol he has an account here. has anti-westbrook videos all the time, only when the thunder lose though. durant had a poor game but he will still blame westbrook for the loss. now thats dedication, trollin goatbrook full time :rockon:

russwest0
11-18-2013, 06:23 PM
lol he has an account here. has anti-westbrook videos all the time, only when the thunder lose though. durant had a poor game but he will still blame westbrook for the loss. now thats dedication, trollin goatbrook full time :rockon:

He tried to blame Westbrook when OKC lost in the finals and Westbrook dropped 43 points on over 60%, dude is a clown

salwan
11-18-2013, 07:20 PM
westbrook is not a natural PG, so he can be sometimes guilty of boneheaded plays, but that fatso coach nick is a hater

DMAVS41
11-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Honestly, outside of Durant and Lebron...he's about as valuable as any player in the league.

TheGreatDeraj
11-18-2013, 07:38 PM
The only thing that I got from that video is that I need to watch more Harrison Barnes . That guy has skills.

ralph_i_el
11-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Westbrook is a top 10 player. The number of plays he makes that no one else would have been capable of is ridiculous.

The JKidd Kid
11-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Honestly, outside of Durant and Lebron...he's about as valuable as any player in the league.

I would add Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to that list and Anthony Davis too.

DMAVS41
11-18-2013, 08:00 PM
I would add Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to that list, maybe Kevin Love too if he continues to improve.

Nah, I just don't see the argument for Howard or Love on a different level of value than a healthy Westbrook.

Paul you could probably make the strongest case I guess, but really just don't think he's on a different level.

brwnman
11-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Coach Nick is awful. He has way too much bias in his videos...

red1
11-18-2013, 08:42 PM
He has had an anti-westbrook bias from day one

red1
11-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Seriously, how does he blame westbrook? I didnt watch his video. Did he even watch the game? Makes you question his IQ for real.

okayabc123
11-18-2013, 08:57 PM
I seriously don't think Westbrook is a GREAT pg. He is a very good scorer who can handle the rock, but his game is not about setting up others. His game is about him beating his man off the dribble, and make unbelievable shots.

He has more Wade in him than being a PG. The problem with Westbrook is you can't play him at 2 because he can't defend bigger guards. And Westbrook is not a good off the ball player. He needs to have the ball in his hand to be creative and productive. Add that with Durant also another player who rather create than run plays without the ball, you have a serious dilemma there.

iznogood
11-18-2013, 09:16 PM
IMO it's simply not true Westbrook can not guard bigger guards. He's one of the most physical PGs in the game. Especially with the lack of good SGs who would really use the height advantage. He's also IMHO one of the best guards at guarding low post and battling for the position.

I agree about him not being a good off ball player, except for his ability to make great cuts and finish on oops and such.

I agree with some of the stuff Coach Nick says about Westbrook (they are obvious), but he's obviously biased. I hate some of the shit he says, his analysis are often biased too. I think he gets the basics right and he kind of understands the game, but his general reasoning is often false. I don't think he's a really smart person. Poor man's Sebastian Pruitti...

BlackVVaves
11-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Id trade anyone for him besides kobe

That's convenient, as the entire Laker team outside of Kobe isn't even worth Westbrook.

Johnny Jones
11-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Honestly, after what happened to OKC in the playoffs one would think this dude would quit hating on Russ.

But nope, this clown is still hating on him and pointing out small mistakes..

BlackVVaves
11-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Westbrook is the only reason why the Thunder came back from a double digit deficit, amidst the trash that KD was putting forward throughout the game. And then, on top of that, Westbrook hits the perceived game-winner before Thabo has yet another brain fart defending a last second shot.

Both KD and Ibaka's production have VASTLY improved since Westbrook returned, both this season and even dating back to the playoffs last season. Both were inefficient prior to Westbrook coming back, especially Ibaka.

But yeah. Let's question whether we can gauge Westbrook's value to the Thunder, and ignore both the statistical facts, and the game itself.

WWRWestbrookDo?
11-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Westbrook is a top 5 player and has shown to be quite durable minus that freak injury last year. People like to point to Westbrooks shooting % and his shot selection and how he's not a point guard. His value cannot be seen in the stat sheet. Haters are always going to hate.

WWRWestbrookDo?
11-18-2013, 11:35 PM
if you look at his stats you'll see he shot 25 times today but down the stretch he kept plays alive and made big plays

People that are just stat watchers will never understand his importance.

k0kakw0rld
11-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Westbrook is a top 3 player. The number of plays he makes that no one else would have been capable of is ridiculous.
Correction.

1.Bron
2.GOATbrook
3.Durant