PDA

View Full Version : (Official) Kevin Durant FTM record watch

Trollsmasher
11-19-2013, 07:19 AM
After 10 games of the season, Kevin Durant, also known as God of the Line, is on pace to completly obliterate the record in free throws made set by Jerry West in 1964-1965 season. As the sample size grows bigger and bigger, many people are starting to believe that we are witnessing something truly unique.

Jerry West (64-65) - 840 FTM
Kevin Durant (13-14) - current pace - 895 FTM

KD, tired of long years of being 2nd in everything, finally found a segment of the game in which he can become an indisputable GOAT and is currently rip-through-ing his way to the line at an unprecedented rate.

(In fact with his current pace of drawing fouls on any BS contact, he could end up with 4th highest amount of FTA in the history, only behind Wilt Chamberlain, who played in much faster era and had usage twice as large as KD).

This thread will monitor Kevin's exploits and will highlight his best FT games, along with tracking his record breaking pace.

Best games of the season

October 30 @ UTA - 22-24 Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90d3mbOHog)
November 3 vs PHO - 11-13 Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90d3mbOHog)
November 8 @ DET - 17-19 Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90d3mbOHog)
November 13 @ LAC - 15-17 Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90d3mbOHog)
November 18 vs DEN - 13-16 Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90d3mbOHog)
November 25 vs UTA - 12-13 in just 26 minutes Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90d3mbOHog)

(as of November 25, 2013)

Curiosities:
- KD is currently averaging 3 more FTM per game than FGM
- at a rate of 10,9 FTM per game, KD is averaging only 0,6 less FTM per game than Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James combined
- KD is averaging 0,71 FTA per FGA. Michael Jordan, arguably the best slasher in the history, in his best season averaged 0,46 FTA per FGA
- KD is attempting only 3,8 less FTA per game than the entire San Antonio Spurs team

BigTicket
11-19-2013, 07:39 AM
Durant is getting almost as many FTA per game this season as Shaq was in 00-01 when everyone has doing hack-a-shaq. And if you look at FTA/FGA, he is actually getting more than Shaq was in that season.

Still, I doubt he can keep his average this high for the entire season.

pauk
11-19-2013, 07:42 AM
lol @ the highlights, ur funny trollsmasher.

Frozen1
11-19-2013, 07:44 AM
INB4 KG215 comes here and say Durant deserves all FT he gets and that we actually don't watch OKC games.

9erempiree
11-19-2013, 07:52 AM
I approve of this thread.

:applause:

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-19-2013, 07:56 AM
James Harden and Kevin Durant have figured out the NBA scoring wise.
What's the one thing you won't go cold on and can get consistently game to game?
Free throws that is the answer!
If they refs are calling it, than they are going to milk it and shoot 80% - 90% every game and get like 15 points a game from the line alone.
I'd rather have a superstar on my team like that than watch them struggle to make half their jump shots if they can't get to the rim.
Might be shitty to watch, but I'm not complaining if they are on my team the the team is winning.

andremiller07
11-19-2013, 08:08 AM
If the NBA wants to speed up the game how about calling less bs/superstar calls and not worrying about players touching the ball once it goes through the net. That would speed the game up a lot more than worrying about anything else.

sejoon101
11-19-2013, 08:11 AM
subd

coin24
11-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Can't blame people for not watching OKC games, it's fkn torture so boring :lol :facepalm

Hoopz2332
11-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Great thread. I like those highlights:lol

kshutts1
11-19-2013, 09:00 AM
This thread delivers.

Spaulding
11-19-2013, 09:34 AM
This thread should be stickied.

"Tired of being 2nd in everything..." that made me :roll:

Kaspah
11-19-2013, 09:38 AM
This is a good thread.

:applause:

No one wants to watch you shoot 20 free throws a game.

Hoopz2332
11-19-2013, 09:50 AM
KD, tired of long years of being 2nd in everything, finally found a segment of the game in which he can become an indisputable GOAT and is currently rip-through-ing his way to the line at an unprecedented rate.

http://i.imgur.com/5lBTW7Q.png

imdaman99
11-19-2013, 10:31 AM
I couldn't watch OKC games if it wasn't for the Goatbrook :rockon:

BigTicket
11-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Current top 10 in scoring (excluding FT's):

1. Lebron James - 21.9ppg
2. Kevin Love - 20.1ppg
3. Carmelo Anthony - 20.1ppg
4. Lamarcus Aldridge - 19.6ppg
5. Blake Griffin - 18.9ppg
5. Klay Thompson - 18.9ppg
7. Kevin Martin - 18.3ppg
7. Paul George - 18.3ppg
7. Kevin Durant - 18.3ppg
10. Bradley Beal - 18.1ppg

VIntageNOvel
11-19-2013, 11:47 AM
where is KG215 when we need him? :confusedshrug:

JerryWest
11-19-2013, 11:51 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/best-unscripted-movie-lines-moments-28.jpg
KG215 come out and play-ay-yaaa

RoundMoundOfReb
11-19-2013, 12:05 PM
This is actually quality trolling. The tired of being 2nd at everything line and the highlights were hilarious. Repped.

edrick
11-19-2013, 12:15 PM
If KD wasn't such a skinny dude, he wouldn't be receiving Shaq like FTAs.

Element
11-19-2013, 12:23 PM
:roll: :roll:

this is the GOAT KD thread lol

rustycage
11-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Best games of the season

October 30 @ UTA - 22-24 Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90d3mbOHog)
November 3 vs PHO - 11-13 Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90d3mbOHog)
November 8 @ DET - 17-19 Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90d3mbOHog)
November 13 @ LAC - 15-17 Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90d3mbOHog)
November 18 vs DEN - 13-16 Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90d3mbOHog)

(as of November 19, 2013)

That's his signature move, "act n' shake"

Mr Exlax
11-19-2013, 12:42 PM
The troll bar has been set!

:bowdown:

HoopsFanNumero1
11-19-2013, 12:42 PM
at a rate of 11,3 FTM per game, KD is averaging 0,2 more FTM per game than Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James combined

This just blows my mind. It's obvious that Lebron is better than Durant but so is Melo. At least he's not far behind as people like to think he is. If Melo got the kind of calls Durant gets, he could easily replicate Durant's offensive statline.

VIntageNOvel
11-19-2013, 12:49 PM
This just blows my mind. It's obvious that Lebron is better than Durant but so is Melo. At least he's not far behind as people like to think he is. If Melo got the kind of calls Durant gets, he could easily replicate Duran't offensive statline.

looking at how bad the refs treat melo, im sure they must be ISHer

Pointguard
11-19-2013, 12:53 PM
OP... Good One.

Has Durant been going hard to the hoop?

Pointguard
11-19-2013, 12:56 PM
looking at how bad the refs treat melo, im sure they must be ISHer
Somebody with skills needs to make a Melo contrast Durant foul calls - it would definitely go viral. Its like two whole different leagues, no two whole different sports! That discrepancy is the wildest in sports.

tpols
11-19-2013, 12:56 PM
This just blows my mind. It's obvious that Lebron is better than Durant but so is Melo. At least he's not far behind as people like to think he is. If Melo got the kind of calls Durant gets, he could easily replicate Duran't offensive statline.
Melo gets the iverson blackball treatment.. no point in him flopping and flailing refs just look the other way. Durant cannot be breathed on.. if you play tight defense, and so much as touch him he will flail sideways and demand calls. Hes the heir to bron's throne and the league has to protect him.

chazzy
11-19-2013, 01:40 PM
He's a deadly scorer who can shoot from anywhere while being able to attack the rim with his insane wingspan. His weak base causes him to fall easily with slight contact so officials are forced to call fouls. He's savvy and hunts extended arms to get tangled up in.. lol. It's not always about who attacks the rim more. Reggie Miller had a higher FT rate than Jordan.

scm5
11-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Curry needs to learn from Durant/Harden.

tpols
11-19-2013, 01:47 PM
He's a deadly scorer who can shoot from anywhere while being able to attack the rim with his insane wingspan. His weak base causes him to fall easily with slight contact so officials are forced to call fouls. He's savvy and hunts extended arms to get tangled up in.. lol. It's not always about who attacks the rim more. Reggie Miller had a higher FT rate than Jordan.
Wasnt reggie miller a known flopper/baiter?

At least reggie was a little real with it though.. he talk shit right to your face no matter what right after tricking you and getting the refs to see his side. This whole class of ref baiters nowadays harden/durant/wade just act entitled.. and arent even sneaky with it. Just spoiled brats like the refs are their rich parents.. while melo is like an orphan.

Element
11-19-2013, 02:47 PM
This whole class of ref baiters nowadays harden/durant/wade just act entitled.. and arent even sneaky with it. Just spoiled brats like the refs are their rich parents.. while melo is like an orphan.

:lol :lol

It's funny cause it's true lol

Flash31
11-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Wasnt reggie miller a known flopper/baiter?

At least reggie was a little real with it though.. he talk shit right to your face no matter what right after tricking you and getting the refs to see his side. This whole class of ref baiters nowadays harden/durant/wade just act entitled.. and arent even sneaky with it. Just spoiled brats like the refs are their rich parents.. while melo is like an orphan.

Reggie Miller was the KING,EMPEROR of Flop

He patented the shooting leg kick for fta,he did the rip through,he extended his arms whenever he shot to get touched and get fta,he exaggerated contact all the time.

And even then comparing Jordan and Reggie is like today comparing
Durant and Harden.
Jordan was the NBA's golden boy,you couldn't breath on Jordan and he got special ref treatment like Durant does.Harden is like Reggie only Harden can not shoot or do anything.

Durant is the NBA's golden boy,you can't breath on him.
LeBron has been getting the Shaq treatment since he came to Miami,once he started winning and dominating and also maybe due to the excessive hate he got the Shaq treatment.

Durant is untouchable,it's like he took George Gervin and Reggie Miller's tactics and bc he's NBA's golden boy,he's UNTOUCHABLE.

14 FTA PER GAME,WTF?

The only person even close to that amount is Harden and the only person in the past 20 years to even get close to that is Shaq.

Wade barely gets any calls and is basically completely disregarded as a star by the refs,Melo gets no calls(maybe NY hate bias),LeBron got the Shaq treatment,
Kobe gets calls like he's in his prime and a star,Harden is Free Throw King and the league is trying to make him a star,Durant is MR UNTOUCHABLE,Free Throw God and is getting FTA as much as Wilt only You cant touch Him.

Kblaze8855
11-19-2013, 03:26 PM
This is actually quality trolling.

I was thinking something similar. Its at least reasonably new information and its amusing.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/NWYZ/i-ll-allow-it/image.png

Trollsmasher
11-19-2013, 03:53 PM
This is actually quality trolling. The tired of being 2nd at everything line and the highlights were hilarious. Repped.
Not a trolling. An official record tracking thread with a hint of sarcasm the situation warrants:cheers:

SCdac
11-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Current top 10 in scoring (excluding FT's):

1. Lebron James - 21.9ppg
2. Kevin Love - 20.1ppg
3. Carmelo Anthony - 20.1ppg
4. Lamarcus Aldridge - 19.6ppg
5. Blake Griffin - 18.9ppg
5. Klay Thompson - 18.9ppg
7. Kevin Martin - 18.3ppg
7. Paul George - 18.3ppg
7. Kevin Durant - 18.3ppg
10. Bradley Beal - 18.1ppg

lol....

big up LMA

TheMarkMadsen
11-19-2013, 04:13 PM
I was thinking something similar. Its at least reasonably new information and its amusing.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/NWYZ/i-ll-allow-it/image.png

Yeah no we've never heard about Durant & his free throws.

I mean as long as it isn't negatively directed towards Rose..who cares?

Leftimage
11-19-2013, 04:46 PM
And to think we're only one Lebron James away from ''God of the Line'' being considered the NBA's best basketball player. What has this league come to, REFS?

In all honesty, Durant is a god-level talent and a pleasure to watch, except when he is at the line shooting FTs... which is virtually all the time these days.

Kblaze8855
11-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Yeah no we've never heard about Durant & his free throws.

I mean as long as it isn't negatively directed towards Rose..who cares?

I knew none of the information in the first post. It being a Durant Ft topic doesnt make it exactly a rehash. And even if it were...if I deleted every topic id seen before we wouldnt have any. Ive been here 12 damn years. Nothing is original anymore.

But some hater topics manage to be amusing if well put together. The 1 word topics, hating just to get a reaction and argue all day, and acting like HOF players are worse than role players are not needed.

Not like rose topics are all deleted. There have been more than one today I disregarded.

Trollsmasher
11-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Bump, updated OP. KD slips a little of his pace (still comfortably on a track to make it though). Great game today:applause:

inclinerator
11-24-2013, 09:57 PM
3 fg made 19 points :lol

Crafty
11-25-2013, 02:52 AM
3-9 FG.
12-13 FT.

19 points.

Graviton
11-25-2013, 03:03 AM
Now imagine if Westbrook didn't ball hog his potential FT attempts. Imagine if he had extra 10 shots, he could use his flailing arms and off balance falls to get another 8-10 easy free throws a game. :bowdown:

TonyMontana
11-25-2013, 03:12 AM
Very interesting thread.

Durant is a benefit of the "little man" phenomenon that has changed how officials officiate the game.

More contact is needed to move a big and strong guy such as LeBron James so he doesn't get all of the calls he should get when driving to the hoop. A twig like Durant can get slightly tapped on his drive and he will fall down either because he is frail as **** or because he flops. Thats the way officials call the game now. It's not whether the defender commits an illegal movement, but by how far the offensive player gets knocked off course.

If Shaq played in this league you'd see guys full out tackling him with no whistles being blown just because he wouldn't budge. It doesn't make the acts any less of a foul though.. Officials need to get their shit together.

Fudge
11-25-2013, 03:14 AM
Durant is something special. Setting records left and right. Also making OP catch feelings so easily. :oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-25-2013, 03:17 AM
Am I the only one who views this as a positive? Getting to the line like that is unreal. He should keep it up.

BigTicket
11-25-2013, 05:28 AM
Am I the only one who views this as a positive? Getting to the line like that is unreal. He should keep it up.

I view it as exploiting a flaw in the rules.

The same thing happens all the time in video games, someone finds a bug and then exploits it to get an advantage. Usually the end result is a rule change (or patch in the video game example).

Right now Durant has found a way to get a huge advantage over other players, but it will inevitable lead to a change in the way officials call the game.

Nero Tulip
11-25-2013, 05:51 AM
This is why they won't do shit in the playoffs this year. Same goes for Houston. They don't call it the same in the postseason.

Nero Tulip
11-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Right now Durant has found a way to get a huge advantage over other players, but it will inevitable lead to a change in the way officials call the game.

One can only hope. But it's not like he's the first (or the only) one to do this. And it seems we're still a minority to complain about it. Meanwhile the NBA is happy because a bunch of manufactured stars are getting incredible stats.

The most frustrating thing about it is that Durant really is an amazing talent and I would love to watch him actually try to put the ball in the basket sometimes.

russwest0
11-25-2013, 09:18 AM
This is why they won't do shit in the playoffs this year. Same goes for Houston. They don't call it the same in the postseason.

Did you watch what Durant did in the playoffs in 2011?

kshutts1
11-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Very interesting thread.

Durant is a benefit of the "little man" phenomenon that has changed how officials officiate the game.

More contact is needed to move a big and strong guy such as LeBron James so he doesn't get all of the calls he should get when driving to the hoop. A twig like Durant can get slightly tapped on his drive and he will fall down either because he is frail as **** or because he flops. Thats the way officials call the game now. It's not whether the defender commits an illegal movement, but by how far the offensive player gets knocked off course.

If Shaq played in this league you'd see guys full out tackling him with no whistles being blown just because he wouldn't budge. It doesn't make the acts any less of a foul though.. Officials need to get their shit together.
If Shaq is being "tackled", then that implies that he more than "budged".

Hoopz2332
11-26-2013, 04:43 PM

I have no problem with getting to the line..I just have a problem with the way Durant gets there. It's of the same type as Harden and Kevin Martin.:coleman:

Fudge
11-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Lol

Thunder_Up
11-26-2013, 04:52 PM
I have no problem with getting to the line..I just have a problem with the way Durant gets there. It's of the same type as Harden and Kevin Martin.:coleman:

If this is going to change it's going to have to come from the NBA much like the no flop penalty did. Right now the refs will call a foul even if the ball carrier is blatantly trying to draw a foul instead of making an actual play. There would need to be some clause specifying that the contact can only cause a foul if it happens in the flow of normal play (or something like that).

imdaman99
11-26-2013, 05:15 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that the NBA will allow Lebron to hack Durant in the finals when they meet up again.

But then they will call fouls on Durant covering Chalmers.

2012/2013 Finals, where *'s happen :rockon:

Psileas
11-26-2013, 06:03 PM
I guess Durant did the right thing by not following the flow and putting on too much weight. Apart from getting superstar calls that others did/do as well, his relative lack of weight and muscles make it more apparent when he's fouled, especially when driving. It's the exact opposite of a beast like Shaq, in other words, who had to be fouled somewhat hard in order to draw the whistle.

LONGTIME
11-26-2013, 08:13 PM

:oldlol: Game 6. Still bitter. :oldlol:

bballbball
11-27-2013, 05:27 AM
Jeff Teague averages 1 less trip to the FT line (2 FTs) than Harden.

andremiller07
11-27-2013, 05:43 AM
Jeff Teague averages 1 less trip to the FT line (2 FTs) than Harden.
Teague does not flop around, he goes hard to the rim and actually looks to score rather than just throwing his head back.

aj1987
11-27-2013, 06:37 AM
2012/2013 Finals, where *'s happen :rockon:
Knicks, where Finals happen twice every two decades.

rock la familia
11-27-2013, 06:41 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

inclinerator
12-22-2013, 09:48 PM
12 fts with 15 mins left to play

Fudge
12-22-2013, 09:54 PM
inclinerator stays looking at box scores and doesn't watch da games doe.

LONGTIME
12-22-2013, 09:55 PM
:durantunimpressed:

HoopsFanNumero1
12-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Free throw machine :applause:

TheMarkMadsen
12-22-2013, 09:58 PM
9 FTA per game for a superstar isn't out of the ordinary.

Can't believe the amount of haters.

In a year where Durants FTA is at an all time high for exaggeration.. Hes only averaging 9 per game..

For instance, Lebron has averaged more than this 4 times in his career.

Fudge
12-22-2013, 10:01 PM
9 FTA per game for a superstar isn't out of the ordinary.

Can't believe the amount of haters.

In a year where Durants FTA is at an all time high for exaggeration.. Hes only averaging 9 per game..

For instance, Lebron has averaged more than this 4 times in his career.
Inb4 "Durant's more of a shooter doe"

TheMarkMadsen
12-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Durants on pace to ATTEMPT around 750-770 Free throws.

Which is around 100 less than the free throws MADE record.

OP..

branslowski
12-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Markmadsen ethering LeBron stans in this thread.:applause:

Also Durant>>>>LeBron

inclinerator
01-05-2014, 09:14 PM
10 fts in the half

HoopsFanNumero1
01-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Dat domination through free throws :applause:

Illuminati
01-05-2014, 09:36 PM
10 fts in the half

:facepalm

Jakeh008
01-05-2014, 11:42 PM
FTs help him lead the league with consecutive 10+ pts games!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pstreak.cgi?request=1&player_id=&year_min=2009&year_max=2014&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&game_location=&is_starter=&c1stat=pts&c1comp=ge&c1val=10&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=ge&c4val=

KG215
01-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Since December 1st (not counting tonight), Durant is averaging 7.5 FTA/game which is nowhere close to being bad enough to constantly bitch and complain about how many FTs he shoots. It's the 11.8 FTA/game he averaged in November that's inflating his FT numbers right now, but for the last 1+ months he's been averaging a pretty normal (for a superstar) 7.5 per game while still averaging while still averaging 30.1 PPG on 54/47/89 shooting in those 19 games....so much for the dumbasses who say he wouldn't score so much and score so efficiently if he didn't get gifted so many FTs.

russwest0
01-06-2014, 01:32 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: Fudge was right. OKC fans on this forum own and shit all over LeBron/Heat stans. Anytime Durant has even a decent game they make threads about it and try to discredit it... :oldlol: Don't see OKC fans doing that about LeFlop because we don't care. We know Durant is the best player on the planet and aren't insecure little b*tches about it

KG215
01-06-2014, 01:58 AM
All things considered, when a player has played the last 20 games or so averaging a very acceptable 7-8 FTA/game, and still manages to average 30 PPG on 54/47/89 shooting, you might want to find a different way to bitch about and discredit him.

Illuminati
01-08-2014, 12:23 AM
15-17 freethrows with 2 minutes left.

Illuminati
01-10-2014, 12:13 AM
6-6 end of 1st, on pace for another 20 plus game.