PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Should Ring Chase Next Summer...

G-Funk
11-19-2013, 03:13 PM
If The Lakers Fail To Put A Contender Together Or Will It Tarnish His Legacy Like Lebron? He Can Help A Handful Of Teams Get To That Next Level.

Mr. Jabbar
11-19-2013, 03:16 PM
imo kobe doesnt want/need to ring chase, what else has he got to prove really, 5 rings in all sorts of fashions while being loyal and sticking thru bad times. no need to pull a lebron and tarnish a perfect legacy for the greatest nba franchise

alec613
11-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Dude would rather retire than ring chase

Quickening
11-19-2013, 03:17 PM
He's a team cancer at this point, no ones winning shit with Kobe shot jacking and being a turnstile on defence.

riseagainst
11-19-2013, 03:17 PM
it won't be the same as what Lebron did, if Kobe decides to sign with another team, which he most likely won't. Kobe's going to be 37 next season, way past his supposed prime years. Whereas Lebron was 27 already in his prime, or about to hit his prime and he teams up with 2 other superstars in their primes.

Different situations. But all the lebron fans and kobe haters will always dog Kobe for whatever he does. So shouldn't be a surprise. But logically speaking, why would it tarnish his legacy? He's already done it all.

Fresh Kid
11-19-2013, 03:21 PM
he should either stay with tha lakers, retire, or sign with tha knicks.

G-Funk
11-19-2013, 03:21 PM
it won't be the same as what Lebron did, if Kobe decides to sign with another team, which he most likely won't. Kobe's going to be 37 next season, way past his supposed prime years. Whereas Lebron was 27 already in his prime, or about to hit his prime and he teams up with 2 other superstars in their primes.

Different situations. But all the lebron fans and kobe haters will always dog Kobe for whatever he does. So shouldn't be a surprise. But logically speaking, why would it tarnish his legacy? He's already done it all.

Ur right, HE can actually say he won a championship 4 the team he left.

pegasus
11-19-2013, 03:30 PM
He should come to Chicago. If he helps us win, that would only add to his legacy.

ispin69
11-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Kobetards hate on Lebron for teaming up, now wants Kobe to do the same but with no hate. GTFO with that hypocrisy. Why does he want more sidekick rings? Hasn't his legacy been tarnished by not winning with Gasol AND Howard and Nash?

Bandito
11-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Kobetards hate on Lebron for teaming up, now wants Kobe to do the same but with no hate. GTFO with that hypocrisy. Why does he want more sidekick rings? Hasn't his legacy been tarnished by not winning with Gasol AND Howard and Nash?
If Kobe wasn't injured in the playoffs they would've beat both the Spurs and the Grizzs, FACT!:facepalm

dd24
11-19-2013, 06:46 PM
If Kobe really wanted a chance at another ring he would sign for the vets minimum with the Lakers next season. That would give them the space to go out and sign two max players. It might give them a chance to rebuild fast so in the next couple years they would have a contender and it might give him the chance at one more ring. That would certainly one up the Lebron, Wade, Bosh talk of taking less money. I don't see Kobe leaving the Lakers though.

outbreak
11-19-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't see him leaving at this point of his career, but let's not forget that he has asked to be traded in the past when the team was struggling. If he does leave it's totally different to what Lebron did. Lebron left in his prime, Kobe has already proven himself and would be leaving in his twilight to cap off his career. I'm not a fan of either of them but that's the way I see it.

Lebron23
11-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Shaq carried Kobe to 3 championship rings. Prime Shaq > 12 and 13 Bosh and Wade.

Real Men Wear Green
11-19-2013, 06:52 PM
As funny as it may be to see the Kobe stans react to Bryant backing up Thabo Sefolosha being a career Laker is a major part of Bryant's legacy and so is being "the Man." He's not going to give up both for a ring that people won't view as being on par with his others.

Frozen1
11-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Forget about that, kobe wants to win his sixth ring while still getting paid $30 million.

G-Funk
11-19-2013, 07:24 PM
He should come to Chicago. If he helps us win, that would only add to his legacy.
He did wanna go to the Bulls before and they could use a SG

Rose
Kobe
Deng
Booz
Noah

SamuraiSWISH
11-19-2013, 07:26 PM
He did wanna go to the Bulls before and they could use a SG

Rose
Kobe
Deng
Booz
Noah
No, no ... trade Deng, and keep Jimmy Butler please. Otherwise, I'm totally game for that trade. That lineup is pretty impressive. Especially if D-Rose ever rounds back into form.

Rose
Kobe
Butler
Boozer
Noah

That team can possibly beat Miami if Kobe just provides what he did offensively for LA last season. You've got youth, athleticism, perimeter defense, interior defense, and rebounding which he lacked last season.

NumberSix
11-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Why should he go to Chicago? According to you Bulls fans, outside of Rose, the entire team sucks.

Eric Cartman
11-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Why should he go to Chicago? According to you Bulls fans, outside of Rose, the entire team sucks.

ironic that the opposite is true :lol

SamuraiSWISH
11-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Because there is no play maker besides Rose. That's why we say the roster isn't as good as some make it out to be. And it isn't. If Kobe goes there, Rose becomes the second best player. They have two legit stars. All of Kobe's current faults given his age get patched up via Thibs scheme, and Jimmy Butler's perimeter defense, and you've still got Noah, Gibson snatching up boards.

NumberSix
11-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Because there is no play maker besides Rose. That's why we say the roster isn't as good as some make it out to be. And it isn't. If Kobe goes there, Rose becomes the second best player. They have two legit stars. All of Kobe's current faults given his age get patched up via Thibs scheme, and Jimmy Butler's perimeter defense, and you've still got Noah, Gibson snatching up boards.
Hasn't Chicago consistory been one of the leaders in assisted field goals the last few seasons?

Look, you can't have absolutely everything. Miami is one of the worst rebounding teams. They make up for it in other ways. Chicago has great defense and rebounding. They aren't the only team with a weak area. They seem to play make just fine to me. The only problem is that playmaking doesn't matter if you miss the shot.

SamuraiSWISH
11-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Hasn't Chicago consistory been one of the leaders in assisted field goals the last few seasons?
That's called great ball movement. When that gets stifled in the post season, you need at least one star player who can create offense for themselves. Using your asinine logic, why would LeBron have needed to leave to join forces with not just Wade, but 20/10 Chris Bosh as well? I rather have multiple superstars then a bunch of role playing niche guys who play hard, but don't have an extra gear come playoff time when easy opportunities dry up on offense. Hell, at least Bron had Mo Williams in Cleveland. Rose doesn't even have a type of guy like that on the Bulls. Nate Robinson was the best shot creator on the team since he's been here, and Rose didn't play the season he was on our roster.

Meticode
11-19-2013, 08:22 PM
I feel he should retire a Laker ant not ring-chase. Just my personal opinion, but I feel that would do more for his legacy, than taking the easier route of going to a better competing team just to ring-hop.

G-Funk
11-19-2013, 08:49 PM
No, no ... trade Deng, and keep Jimmy Butler please. Otherwise, I'm totally game for that trade. That lineup is pretty impressive. Especially if D-Rose ever rounds back into form.

Rose
Kobe
Butler
Boozer
Noah

That team can possibly beat Miami if Kobe just provides what he did offensively for LA last season. You've got youth, athleticism, perimeter defense, interior defense, and rebounding which he lacked last season.

No need to trade Deng, he's a free agent next yr, no need to sign him.

avonbarksdale
11-19-2013, 08:51 PM
he already has 5 rings he has nothing more to prove

Fudge
11-19-2013, 08:52 PM
imo kobe doesnt want/need to ring chase, what else has he got to prove really, 5 rings in all sorts of fashions while being loyal and sticking thru bad times. no need to pull a lebron and tarnish a perfect legacy for the greatest nba franchise
Tell em. :bowdown: :bowdown:

G-Funk
11-19-2013, 08:56 PM
he already has 5 rings he has nothing more to prove

He can possibly win 2 more rings with a contender team. 7 rings 4 Finals MVP's will not hurt his legacy, not too many players win Finals MVP for two different teams.

SamuraiSWISH
11-19-2013, 08:58 PM
No need to trade Deng, he's a free agent next yr, no need to sign him.
That's the point, shouldn't we get something for him now?

G-Funk
11-19-2013, 09:05 PM
That's the point, shouldn't we get something for him now?
Either way there is a handful of good sf free agents next yr as well. Bulls will need a team that's trying to shed some salary to take on Dengs contract. Kobe and Ariza would be a nice addition.

G-Funk
11-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Forget about that, kobe wants to win his sixth ring while still getting paid $30 million.
R u his agent???

Magic 32
11-20-2013, 03:02 AM
Shaq carried Kobe to 3 championship rings. Prime Shaq > 12 and 13 Bosh and Wade.

http://www.lolception.com/lollibs/memeimgs/312056873.jpg

And for fans of the supposedly "team first" Lebron James, you guys sure enjoy it when his teammates struggle.

Hmm....

Quizno
11-20-2013, 05:03 AM
i'm a lakers fan but i would love to see kobe go to the bulls. he makes so much sense in that lineup it's scary

TheMarkMadsen
11-20-2013, 05:12 AM
As funny as it may be to see the Kobe stans react to Bryant backing up Thabo Sefolosha being a career Laker is a major part of Bryant's legacy and so is being "the Man." He's not going to give up both for a ring that people won't view as being on par with his others.

What in the world makes you think Kobe would be backing up Thabo if he played for OKC? :rolleyes:

G-Funk
11-20-2013, 05:43 AM
i'm a lakers fan but i would love to see kobe go to the bulls. he makes so much sense in that lineup it's scary
Bulls would be stupid not to contact Kobe this summer.

G-Funk
11-20-2013, 05:45 AM
What in the world makes you think Kobe would be backing up Thabo if he played for OKC? :rolleyes:
He's been a stupid troll and u took the bait

poido123
11-20-2013, 05:48 AM
Bulls would be stupid not to contact Kobe this summer.

I agree.

Bulls fans would welcome him with open arms. He most certainly could put us over the top.

kurple
11-20-2013, 07:27 AM
wasnt loyal to the hornets, shaq, lakers (had they not traded for Pau) or even vanessa

I<3NBA
11-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Kobe doesn't have the mentality of a ring chaser. he doesn't chase rings, he waits for it to be gifted to him. all he has to do is cry and somebody will gift him a ring.

Real Men Wear Green
11-20-2013, 07:57 AM
I can't make jokes any more on the forum. :cry:

LA_Showtime
11-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Kobe called Buss an idiot and demanded a trade. He is anything but loyal. Still, I don't see him leaving the Lakers next season, unless we refuse to pay him what he wants. I doubt that happens, since Buss probably thinks he deserves $50 million per year.

Mr. Incredible
11-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Kobe isn't leaving the Lakers.