PDA

View Full Version : Why are Celtics fans being so GREEDY with Rondo? Umm hello youre tanking....

unbreakable
11-19-2013, 04:57 PM
You trade away your entire team for peanuts (draft picks that wont amount to jack) and you wanna be like "Na man, we aint giving up Rondo unless we get a superstar back"

:biggums:

You rooks would rather waste Rondo's prime in mediocrity and a lottery team than let the man flourish and win some more chips. Grow up losers and enjoy the next 3-5 years of around 15-20 wins a season. :hammerhead:

niko
11-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Yeah, trade him to the Knicks for nothing or you're just a bunch of selfish jerks. :lol

FKAri
11-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Rondo is not a superstar. Why would they expect a superstar in return?

Real Men Wear Green
11-19-2013, 05:01 PM
"Greedy?" Like we have any control over what Ainge considers to be a good deal? You're upset that we want to see the Celtics make a great trade if Rondo is dealt? Stupid topic.

unbreakable
11-19-2013, 05:02 PM
"Greedy?" Like we have any control over what Ainge considers to be a good deal? You're upset that we want to see the Celtics make a great trade if Rondo is dealt? Stupid topic.

Whats stupid is you holding onto Rondo while shedding no tears over losing Pierce/KG :wtf:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-19-2013, 05:04 PM
How are they being greedy if they don't want to trade him for Amare Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert?

Real Men Wear Green
11-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Whats stupid is you holding onto Rondo while shedding no tears over losing Pierce/KG :wtf:
I will always be a fan of Pierce and Garnett. I confess, I did not cry over the trade, but why should I? They're near the end of their careers, Ainge wants to rebuild, and at the time we all thought they were being sent to a good team. I liked the idea of Pierce being a career Celtic and KG ending his career here but beyond that bit of sentiment trading them made a lot of sense to get some picks for a rebuilding team.

As for Rondo, if Ainge finds a good trade I'll accept that. But why should Ainge settle for a deal that isn't great for the Cs? That doesn't make sense. People were talking like you years ago when Pierce was leading a Celtic team that was one of the worst in the league. Ainge didn't budge on his principles and uin the end built a Champion around Pierce instead of trading Pierce which so many posters thinking like you do about Rondo thought was the right thing to do.

Real Men Wear Green
11-19-2013, 05:10 PM
How are they being greedy if they don't want to trade him for Amare Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert?
I would hope that isn't the deal that inspired this thread but who knows?

kNicKz
11-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Rondo for Chris Smith

who says no?

BlackWhiteGreen
11-19-2013, 05:11 PM
You trade away your entire team for peanuts (draft picks that wont amount to jack) and you wanna be like "Na man, we aint giving up Rondo unless we get a superstar back"

You rooks would rather waste Rondo's prime in mediocrity and a lottery team than let the man flourish and win some more chips. Grow up losers and enjoy the next 3-5 years of around 15-20 wins a season. :hammerhead:

Unprotected pick from the Nets in 5 years time represents a decent chance of a lottery pick imo. Even if not we've picked up Bradley, Sully and Rondo in the late 1st round recently so its not like theres no value there

RoundMoundOfReb
11-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Rondo for Chris Smith

who says no?
JR does

DStebb716
11-19-2013, 05:13 PM
You can still have some good players on a shitty team.

niko
11-19-2013, 05:13 PM
No, you are just greedy. (I don't think so of course but it's more fun to play along.)

I think it's because you are from Boston, all those bank robbers and fbi snitches and such.

bagelred
11-19-2013, 05:32 PM
JR does

Beat me to it.

Knicksfever2010
11-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Yeah, trade him to the Knicks for nothing or you're just a bunch of selfish jerks. :lol

you do realize rondo is coming off an ACL injury and the Celtics have ZERO bargaining power.

Real Men Wear Green
11-19-2013, 05:57 PM
you do realize rondo is coming off an ACL injury and the Celtics have ZERO bargaining power.
Wrong. Players have come back from ACL tears before and the Celtics are under no compulsion to trade him this season or at all. If a team (like, say, the Knicks) calls with an offer the Cs don't like (like, say, Stat and Shump) Ainge can just say no until they come with an offer that he does.

code green
11-19-2013, 06:01 PM

:no:

And this thread is stupid. Not wanting to trade him for the ghost of Amare Stoudemire = being greedy? :facepalm

HurricaneKid
11-19-2013, 06:08 PM
You trade away your entire team for peanuts (draft picks that wont amount to jack)

You don't think the Nets in 3-5 years with ZERO 1st round picks until then aren't going to be terrible? They are ALREADY terrible.

salwan
11-19-2013, 06:15 PM
1. rondo is still relatively young with 27 years of age.
2. if the rebuild goes well and we pick up some star free agents along the way.. who knows, maybe we can be back in contention as early as in 3-4 years.

3. anyway.. don't act like the celtics got any decent offers for rondo. shumpert and stoudemire :roll: :roll: the celtics will trade him only for high-value picks and young studs, not players with shot knees.

Mr. Jabbar
11-19-2013, 06:17 PM
rondo for nash, do it

Knicksfever2010
11-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Wrong. Players have come back from ACL tears before and the Celtics are under no compulsion to trade him this season or at all. If a team (like, say, the Knicks) calls with an offer the Cs don't like (like, say, Stat and Shump) Ainge can just say no until they come with an offer that he does.

right off course, i forgot because the last 2 significant players coming back from ACL (SHUMPER/ROSE) have been rock stars since returning. MY BAD :facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
11-19-2013, 06:40 PM
right off course, i forgot because the last 2 significant players coming back from ACL (SHUMPER/ROSE) have been rock stars since returning. MY BAD :facepalm
Shumpert statistically is playing at the same level now as he did pre-injury. Rose just came back from a year away and has shown the explosiveness he had before, just needs to work the rust off.

b1imtf
11-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Most want expirers or good contracts for him. No one has been asking for superstars

BlackWhiteGreen
11-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Most want expirers or good contracts for him. No one has been asking for superstars

You'd be happy with an expiring contract for Rondo? :eek:

I wouldn't be happy if we didn't get at least two of the following:

A high lotto draft pick
A good young player still on his rookie deal
Rid of Gerald Wallace's contract
Expiring contracts

And even then I still wouldn't be happy. If we traded him to, say, Charlotte for Kemba Walker, their unprotected first this year, and expirers, I'd accept that. Although I'm not sure the Cats have their 1st this year. And I'd still be pretty pissed off.

unbreakable
11-19-2013, 07:05 PM

A high lotto draft pick
Expiring contracts

And even then I still wouldn't be happy. If we traded him to, say, Charlotte for Kemba Walker, their unprotected first this year, and expirers, I'd accept that. Although I'm not sure the Cats have their 1st this year. And I'd still be pretty pissed off.

LOL prime Shaq didn't even get that.. but Rondo will? :coleman:

b1imtf
11-19-2013, 07:14 PM

A high lotto draft pick
Expiring contracts

Expiring and lotto picks I'd be ok with. Expiring, lotto picks and getting rid of Wallace I'd be happy.

BoutPractice
11-19-2013, 07:18 PM
If the Celtics are smart, they will keep him injured and tank as hard as they can. That way they can get a future superstar in the draft and already have them paired up with another star who happens to be a pass first PG...

Knicksfever2010
11-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Shumpert statistically is playing at the same level now as he did pre-injury. Rose just came back from a year away and has shown the explosiveness he had before, just needs to work the rust off.

shumpert has been hot garbage this year. Why do you think the Knicks are looking to trade him??

secund2nun
11-19-2013, 07:55 PM

What's stupid is NY wasting an amnesty on Billups small contract instead of Amare's gigantic contract :roll:

I honestly think NY is trying to lose on purpose. No franchise can be that dumb.

CelticBaller
11-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Because he has value? Why trade Rondo for peanuts when we could get money? Yeah we're tanking but even then look at Minnesota and Seattle, they didn't trade their stars for nothing.

Edit: oh and you don't want to be stuck tanking for years like the bobcats, the more stars the better.

Real Men Wear Green
11-19-2013, 08:00 PM
shumpert has been hot garbage this year. Why do you think the Knicks are looking to trade him??
You say that but between now and his rookie season we see just a 1.2 ppg drop vs. 9% improvement on threes, 2 more rebounds, same assists. So if he's garbage now he was garbage then.

As for asking me to justify the Knicks FO's trade rumors? I don't see what's wrong with trying to trade this dude for Rondo, it would help NY. Celtics are who I would have a problem with if this happened. Plus this is as FO that has apparently used a roster spot on a guy just because he's their sixth man's brother. Don't expect me to say what they're doing makes a lot of sense.

ballup
11-19-2013, 09:14 PM
I never knew that the proper way to tank was to give away you most valuable asset for little to nothing. Teach me more.

CelticBaller
11-19-2013, 09:15 PM
I never knew that the proper way to tank was to give away you most valuable asset for little to nothing. Teach me more.
Just a Knick fan trying to lowball us :lol

Real Men Wear Green
11-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Just a Knick fan trying to lowball us :lol
And even if we could all be moved to this way of thinking, what is accomplished? I don't think any of us is Danny Ainge on the DL.

gts
11-19-2013, 10:22 PM

This is about the most moronic post I've ever read on this board