PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade your team's best player for the top pick in 2014?

moe94
11-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Why or why not.

Jameerthefear
11-19-2013, 11:39 PM
yes

RedBlackAttack
11-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Damn... that's a good question. At the end of the day, I'll always go with the proven over the unproven unless we're dealing with a LeBron James caliber prospect. Despite this being a great class, I'm not seeing a LeBron James.

So, no... I'll stay with Kyrie for the time being.

VIntageNOvel
11-19-2013, 11:44 PM
kinda similar with mine
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317165

RoundMoundOfReb
11-19-2013, 11:45 PM
:lol yes

DaSeba5
11-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Unless that guy was going to be better than LeBron, no. I wouldn't take the risk either.

VIntageNOvel
11-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Unless that guy was going to be better than LeBron, no. I wouldn't take the risk either.

would you trade lebron for #1 + #2 + #3 pick?
thats wiggin/parker/randle at 2-3-4
and possibility of dinasty

plowking
11-19-2013, 11:47 PM
As a Heat fan, the answer is an easy no. A lot of teams would say yes to this though with the insane amount of talent in this upcoming draft.

DaSeba5
11-19-2013, 11:49 PM
would you trade lebron for #1 + #2 + #3 pick?
thats wiggin/parker/randle at 2-3-4
and possibility of dinasty

I can't say I would. There's no guarantee guys pan out. I already root for the best team in the league. There's no reason to change things.

wally_world
Basically Dragic/Bledsoe for Wiggins/Parker/Randle

Yes.

But we don't need to, we'll be getting one of the 3 anyway :)

moe94
Damn... that's a good question. At the end of the day, I'll always go with the proven over the unproven unless we're dealing with a LeBron James caliber prospect. Despite this being a great class, I'm not seeing a LeBron James.

So, no... I'll stay with Kyrie for the time being.
Kyrie has injury issues and has only one transcendent ability and that is scoring. I'd even take the third pick over him.

kurt_rambis
11-19-2013, 11:52 PM
i really have no clue who the lakers' best player is right now, but dear god yes

brandonislegend
11-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Yes I would trade Steve Blake or Jordan Hill for top pick in 2014

KG215
11-19-2013, 11:59 PM
After the Heat and Thunder, who are the other definite "nos" in the league? I can think of a few that would probably say no, or at least think about it long and hard before coming to a decision. On the other hand, I'm guessing more than half the league would trade their best player for not only the #1 pick in the league, but a top 3 pick. Right now I'm not sure who's going to be the best between Parker, Wiggins, and Randle, but all three at least seem to have the potential to be studs.

TheReal Kendall
11-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Basically Dragic/Bledsoe for Wiggins/Parker/Randle

Yes.

But we don't need to, we'll be getting one of the 3 anyway :)

:applause: :bowdown:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-20-2013, 12:02 AM
Yes I would trade Steve Blake or Jordan Hill for top pick in 2014
Would you trade Kobe?

brandonislegend
11-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Would you trade Kobe?

At this point of his career, yes but I know I am minority on that. I am a Laker fan that just want the Lakers to be relevant I can careless if its with Kobe or whoever.

moe94
11-20-2013, 12:06 AM
At this point of his career, yes but I know I am minority on that. I am ready for a new face.
Any Laker fan that says no to it isn't really a Laker fan but a Kobe fan. It's as simple as that.

kurt_rambis
11-20-2013, 12:07 AM
At this point of his career, yes but I know I am minority on that. I am a Laker fan that just want the Lakers to be relevant I can careless if its with Kobe or whoever.
you're not alone, trust me. even the kobe loyalists would give him up for a top 3 pick this year

KOBE WOULD UNDERSTAND

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Kyrie has injury issues and has only one transcendent ability and that is scoring. I'd even take the third pick over him.
He's 21 years old and you've already put a cap on his current and potential abilities? That's odd, because I've seen every Cavs game while he's been a member of the team and I still don't really have any clue how he'll end up when he's in his prime. I know this... his playmaking has improved quite a bit this season. Assists are way up... turnovers were down (prior to Saturday).

And, rebounds were way up too.

Believe it or not, guys 21-year-old guys who average 21+ points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds, and who are amongst the league leaders in crunch time scoring their rookie and sophomore years are not all that common in this league.

Pretty damn rare, actually.

He does have an injury history, but nothing recurring and no knee/leg problems at all.

moe94
11-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Believe it or not, guys 21-year-old guys who average 21+ points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds, and who are amongst the league leaders in crunch time scoring their rookie and sophomore years are not all that common in this league.

Pretty damn rare, actually.

Kyrie is my favorite PG in the league. I wouldn't even hesitate in trading him. For all you know, he's the next Tyreke Evans and peaked already and is already in his decline. God knows his season, thus far, hasn't been great.

His draw was his efficiency for his age and position that was unheard of. He no longer even has that.

I hope I'm wrong, but considering he's, at best, a scoring PG, his worth is nowhere near what Wiggins/Randle/Parker might become.

brandonislegend
11-20-2013, 12:22 AM
Kyrie is my favorite PG in the league. I wouldn't even hesitate in trading him. For all you know, he's the next Tyreke Evans and peaked already and is already in his decline. God knows his season, thus far, hasn't been great.

His draw was his efficiency for his age and position that was unheard of. He no longer even has that.

I hope I'm wrong, but considering he's, at best, a scoring PG, his worth is nowhere near what Wiggins/Randle/Parker might become.

He won the 3 point contest is a deadly shooter, one on one unguardable and has the best handles in the league, is clutch (most game winners out of anyone the last 2 years) and most clutch points, and can get to the basket whenever he wants. The only problem with him so far is injuries we will see if he can stay healthy. He is young no GM in the league would trade him for a top 3 pick in this draft unless they wanted to get fired. Him and Anthony Davis are future superstars of this league.

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2013, 01:12 AM

So, you're buying into the "Kyrie isn't efficient" nonsense after 10 games under a new system with a whole new staff and new roster around him. Don't you think that's a bit reactionary?

He's been tested over much larger sample periods and proved to be very efficient for a guard in both years. He just scored 41 points on 14-28 FG, 4-7 3PT and 9-9 FTs. Something tells me he'll be fine. This isn't the first rough shooting patch he has had. It's just the first time it ever happened at the beginning of the season. That's the only reason everyone is freaking out.

You're also underestimating his overall skillset. Over his first 2 years in the NBA, he's shown great versatility in how he scores. Obviously he's a great shooter, but from both long and midrange. He's also shown an ability to finish among the trees at a very high rate for a PG.

Then you have his handle, ability to get anywhere on the floor and change of direction. He's been elite in all these categories. Toss in his production going up at the end of games (a trend that has continued this year) and you have arguably the most intriguing young player in the league. It's amazing how 2 weeks can change perspective that much.

The crazy thing is, the two areas he's been criticized for in the past (rightly so) -- playmaking and defense -- have been the two areas he's focused on the most this season (and it has shown). But, now, everyone is killing him for starting slowly in the areas he's already proven to be deadly in.

He's trying to expand his all-around game and it has led to a slow shooting start. It happens. I don't remember the last guy who was a complete player at 21 (he's 4 years younger than Steph Curry, for some perspective).

Oh, and he was better than any version of Tyreke Evans ever was the moment he stepped on the floor his rookie season.

Droid101
11-20-2013, 01:15 AM
So, you're buying into the "Kyrie isn't efficient" nonsense after 10 games under a new system with a whole new staff and new roster around him. Don't you think that's a bit reactionary?

He's been tested over much larger sample periods and proved to be very efficient for a guard in both years. He just scored 41 points on 14-28 FG, 4-7 3PT and 9-9 FTs. Something tells me he'll be fine. This isn't the first rough shooting patch he has had. It's just the first time it ever happened at the beginning of the season. That's the only reason everyone is freaking out.

You're also underestimating his overall skillset. Over his first 2 years in the NBA, he's shown great versatility in how he scores. Obviously he's a great shooter, but from both long and midrange. He's also shown an ability to finish among the trees at a very high rate for a PG.

Then you have his handle, ability to get anywhere on the floor and change of direction. He's been elite in all these categories. Toss in his production going up at the end of games (a trend that has continued this year) and you have arguably the most intriguing young player in the league. It's amazing how 2 weeks can change perspective that much.

The crazy thing is, the two areas he's been criticized for in the past (rightly so) -- playmaking and defense -- have been the two areas he's focused on the most this season (and it has shown). But, now, everyone is killing him for starting slowly in the areas he's already proven to be deadly in.

He's trying to expand his all-around game and it has led to a slow shooting start. It happens a d I don't remember the last guy who was a complete player at 21 (he's 4 years younger than Steph Curry, for some perspective).
http://i.imgur.com/NjrwffZ.jpg

But seriously, you need to calm the **** down.

Patrick Chewing
11-20-2013, 01:23 AM
Hell yes. Will send Carmelo packing with no hesitation.

noob cake
11-20-2013, 01:27 AM
I wouldn't trade the following

LeBron (Chance of Parker/Wiggins becoming as good as LeBron is about 0, already top 10 all time)
Durant (Contender, Parker/Wiggins best case scenario is Durant level player)
Davis (As elite an prospect as either)
Irving (As elite an prospect as either, literally the PG version of Jabari Parker)
Paul (28 year old, team is strong contender)
George (Assuming he cools down just slightly, might be the 2nd best two way player in the NBA)
Harden(24 year old superstar on contender)
Dwight (27 year old, best player at position on tender)

Yes, but gonna be questionable
Curry (Legendary shooter already, but has history of injury, not quite a two way player)
Melo (Had not had success in career, picking Parker is like restarting your franchise with higher basketball IQ Melo)
Griffin (Monkey ball is not winning basketball)
Boogie (Not quite sure if he can sustain production)

Inferno
11-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Tough. Curry is a great player.

noob cake
11-20-2013, 01:29 AM

Tyreke was never efficient. Tyreke never displayed offensive skills that Kyrie has demonstrated. Irving is the most talented offensive guard in the league right now (Kobe is injured/gonna retire).

RRR3
11-20-2013, 01:33 AM
I wouldn't trade the following

LeBron (Chance of Parker/Wiggins becoming as good as LeBron is about 0, already top 10 all time)
Durant (Contender, Parker/Wiggins best case scenario is Durant level player)
Davis (As elite an prospect as either)
Irving (As elite an prospect as either, literally the PG version of Jabari Parker)
Paul (28 year old, team is strong contender)
George (Assuming he cools down just slightly, might be the 2nd best two way player in the NBA)
Harden(24 year old superstar on contender)
Dwight (27 year old, best player at position on tender)

Yes, but gonna be questionable
Curry (Legendary shooter already, but has history of injury, not quite a two way player)
Melo (Had not had success in career, picking Parker is like restarting your franchise with higher basketball IQ Melo)
Griffin (Monkey ball is not winning basketball)
Boogie (Not quite sure if he can sustain production)
:wtf: :wtf:

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2013, 01:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NjrwffZ.jpg

But seriously, you need to calm the **** down.
I couldn't be any less calm. Do you see me comparing Irving to lions or some other whacky analogy that doesn't make any sense? I thought we were having a civilized conversation. No anger involved.

I do tend to be long-winded, but as far as I know, long-winded =/= being mad.

Hotlantadude81
11-20-2013, 01:35 AM
No question.

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2013, 01:36 AM
:wtf: :wtf:
What's the confusion? Irving is 21. Curry is 25.

Project018
11-20-2013, 01:48 AM
Yes. Sorry Kemba (Al hasn't been playing like normal) but you have to go

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2013, 02:02 AM
Yes. Sorry Kemba (Al hasn't been playing like normal) but you have to go
Hmm.

I assumed MKG was the best talent on that team? I still like him a lot as an all-around player. I don't watch a ton of Bobcats games though.

Project018
11-20-2013, 02:38 AM
Hmm.

I assumed MKG was the best talent on that team? I still like him a lot as an all-around player. I don't watch a ton of Bobcats games though.

He's getting better and he's still very young but if I had a chance to get Wiggins or Parker I wouldn't mind giving up anybody on our current roster honestly.

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-20-2013, 02:49 AM
I'll be a Kings fan for this one.

It's a toughy. Cousins - a legit 21/9 big who can pad some defensive stats and take some charges and has improved his attitude - for Wiggins/Jabari/Randle - potentially godly SF/PF players.

Call me old-fashioned, but I'll have to stick w/ a proven big over potential at any other position. I love potential, don't get me wrong. I like and support the young NBA teams w/ future stars. But Cousins himself is young. Down the road, he could be a 25/12 type big w/ range. He himself hasn't even reached his full potential.

His improved attitude is what really seals the deal for me. If he was still a whiny bitch, then I'd no doubt trade him for a Top 3 2014 NBA Draft pick.

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2013, 02:56 AM
He's getting better and he's still very young but if I had a chance to get Wiggins or Parker I wouldn't mind giving up anybody on our current roster honestly.
Oh yeah... no doubt.

I was just surprised to see Kemba and Al Jefferson listed as the best two players on the team.

VIntageNOvel
11-20-2013, 03:04 AM
What's the confusion? Irving is 21. Curry is 25.

this is like sayin: p.george value is higher than bron because he's younger.
dont get me wrong, i love kyrie, and i hope he will come to lakers in the future,
but right now curry > kyrie, and yes kyrie might turn out to be better than curry ever be, just like how p.george may surpass lebron someday, but right now it is what it is

DStebb716
11-20-2013, 03:04 AM
Yes. Melo is very good, a franchise player, but Wiggins will be more for longer.

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 03:23 AM
probably but it looks like they will have a top 4 pick anyway

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2013, 03:26 AM
this is like sayin: p.george value is higher than bron because he's younger.
dont get me wrong, i love kyrie, and i hope he will come to lakers in the future,
but right now curry > kyrie, and yes kyrie might turn out to be better than curry ever be, just like how p.george may surpass lebron someday, but right now it is what it is
It's not the same thing at all. If there is a gap between Kyrie and Curry, it is relatively small. The gulf between Paul George and LeBron James is huge. LeBron was also a far better player than Paul George when they were the same age and at the same point in their respective careers.

Kyrie @ 20 y/o = 23 points (45+% FG, 86% FT, 39% 3PT), 6 assists, 4 rebounds

Steph @ 20 y/o = Still in college.

There's a huge difference between 25 and 21 when it comes to basketball players. Guys normally hit their athletic prime around 26-27 or so. They're usually still finding their way in the league in the 20-23 range. There are exceptions and Kyrie has been one of those exceptions... which is why he is so highly thought of.

All Net
11-20-2013, 03:27 AM
yes...got to think of the future.

I<3NBA
11-20-2013, 03:30 AM
i wouldn't trade

Lebron
Durant
P. George
Anthony Davis

that's it.

VIntageNOvel
11-20-2013, 03:45 AM
It's not the same thing at all. If there is a gap between Kyrie and Curry, it is relatively small. The gulf between Paul George and LeBron James is huge. LeBron was also a far better player than Paul George when they were the same age and at the same point in their respective careers.

Kyrie @ 20 y/o = 23 points (45+% FG, 86% FT, 39% 3PT), 6 assists, 4 rebounds

Steph @ 20 y/o = Still in college.

There's a huge difference between 25 and 21 when it comes to basketball players. Guys normally hit their athletic prime around 26-27 or so. They're usually still finding their way in the league in the 20-23 range. There are exceptions and Kyrie has been one of those exceptions... which is why he is so highly thought of.

this is what we need, a real basketball discussion

agree to disagree, curry is arguably the GOAT shooter (along with bird, miller, nash etc), only injury held him back, and sadly kyrie isnt the healthiest crayon either.

george already a better defender than lebron, of course offensively he still got long way to go, but the talent is there, and of course he wouldnt get bron cavs number on the stacked pacers team

andremiller07
11-20-2013, 03:48 AM
I'll be a Kings fan for this one.

It's a toughy. Cousins - a legit 21/9 big who can pad some defensive stats and take some charges and has improved his attitude - for Wiggins/Jabari/Randle - potentially godly SF/PF players.

Call me old-fashioned, but I'll have to stick w/ a proven big over potential at any other position. I love potential, don't get me wrong. I like and support the young NBA teams w/ future stars. But Cousins himself is young. Down the road, he could be a 25/12 type big w/ range. He himself hasn't even reached his full potential.

His improved attitude is what really seals the deal for me. If he was still a whiny bitch, then I'd no doubt trade him for a Top 3 2014 NBA Draft pick.
Played through a dislocated shoulder today as well which I thought was impressive but yeah it's hard to say I would not trade him for Randle right now and I have not seen enough of Wiggins or Parker tbh. Ideally we could pair one of those with him.....

moe94
11-20-2013, 03:49 AM
george already a better defender than lebron, of course offensively he still got long way to go, but the talent is there, and of course he wouldnt get bron cavs number on the stacked pacers team
Do you seriously believe he is ever going to be better than LeBron or that he's capable of putting up LeBron stats on a bad team?

k0kakw0rld
11-20-2013, 04:09 AM
I will never trade D-Will for the world (love affair) :D

I will trade Gay for Jabari Parker, yes :rockon: in Masai Ujiri we trust :bowdown:

noob cake
11-20-2013, 04:13 AM

:biggums:

mugiwara
11-20-2013, 04:20 AM
No mention of D rose by anyone. No way the bulls trade Rose, ever.

Myth
11-20-2013, 04:22 AM
Yes, I would trade Aldridge for Wiggins.

KOBE143
11-20-2013, 10:42 AM
I would not trade Kobe to any of those top pick.. There's actually no good looking guy out there that can replace my Kobe.. That upcoming class is actually weak if you compare them to Kobe by looks.. Kobe is still miles better and will always be number 1 in my heart forever, till death do us part..

CelticBaller
11-20-2013, 10:46 AM
No, we are already on track for a top pick and I rather have proven players so the rookies come in on an established cultured.

GOBB
11-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Evan Turner for a top pick? Sign me up. :bowdown:

imdaman99
11-20-2013, 11:46 AM
I would trade the entire Knicks team. You don't even need to give us a draft pick. Just get these fools off the team. You can leave Priggy, Shump, Hardaway Jr. Knicks will play 3 on 12 every game and Knicks go 3-79. No draft pick, but that's ok they can tank next year.

Chandler could help the hell out of any team. I approve of him going to any team to take down Miami :rockon:

CanYouDigIt
11-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Lin for WIggins

alenleomessi
11-20-2013, 12:00 PM
if the clips dont do anything in the playoffs again i would give up cp3 for wiggins

Bcogswell
11-20-2013, 12:08 PM
I don't know who you would say the Raptors best player is but I'd trade DeMar, Gay, Lowry or whoever in a heartbeat for Wiggins.

Genaro
11-20-2013, 12:26 PM
I love Jordan Hill but he will be FA then yes, I would.