PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Brooklyn Nets (3-7) vs. Charlotte Bobcats (5-6), 7:00 PM ET

niko
11-20-2013, 01:41 PM
http://www.nba.com/nets/sites/nets/files/imagecache/slider_image/content/images-topstory/2013/11/2013-14-topstory_wed_20_670x377_date_alt.jpg

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett accepted a trade to Brooklyn in hopes of chasing a title.

They certainly did not expect a disappointing 3-7 start that's led to frustrated players huddling together behind closed doors in the locker room following a 108-98 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday.

"As competitors, we're angry," Pierce said of the team's mood after a lengthy practice that lasted over two hours. "Nobody likes to lose. Everybody in this group that we're here with is very angry. Nobody's happy about losing."

Garnett described the team's frame of mind in the locker room meeting on Monday as "dismal." The Nets have dropped five of their last six games as they open a two-game road trip Wednesday in Charlotte.

"I really believe that when you go through dismal times like this, it builds character," Garnett said of the Nets' players meeting on Monday night. "It shows you who's within and who has the rope and who's going to let go. I think it really separates the ones that are willing to fight and so far everybody's in here. Everybody's in the conversation. We don't have one or two guys floating throughout. We're in here.

"Even the guys that are hurt, we're in here and we're all trying to fix this thing," he continued. "It's not something that none of want to be in. It's not a good feeling. I don't think we're having any fun around here. Nothing's fun about losing and we're trying to fix it."

The Nets will play five of their next seven games on the road and Garnett and Pierce are trying to hold things together for a team that is beginning to feel the pressure of championship expectations.

Rookie coach Jason Kidd took the blame for the Nets' defeat to Portland despite the team scoring 40 points in the first quarter.

"The blame is all of us man," Garnett said. "It's not just on Jason. You can't put the s--- all on him."

The growing pains have taken a lot longer than Garnett or Pierce expected with injuries to several key players like Brook Lopez (ankle) and Deron Williams, who plans to return from an ankle injury against Charlotte.

"I'm not a genie," Garnett said of when the Nets will turn things around. "I'm not a fortune teller. I can't tell (or predict what will happen in) time. The only thing I know is just to work through the process and work through what it is.

"My confidence is that we have a group of guys that are willing to and committed to changing what the current is. It's easy to quit. It's easy to give up and walk up out of here and say, 'You know what, this is too hard,' but we don't have that type of team nor do we have that of character."

But the Nets are still searching for their "true identity," as Garnett said. The Nets have had issues offensively and defensively. They've gotten a lot of the open looks they want but are shooting just 42.9 percent from the field and 32.6 percent from behind the three-point arc. And when their shots aren't falling, the Nets stop defending on the other end and have allowed 102.4 points per game -- a far cry from Garnett's preseason goal of holding teams under 80 points.

The team chemistry is out of sorts with injuries hitting the starting five. Joe Johnson is the only starter to start every game this season so far.

"A combination of things has to happen," Pierce said. "We've got to get healthy. Things aren't going to happen overnight, we understand that, but at the same time, we've had different lineups within the first 10 games, probably more different lineups or unpredictability about who's going to be playing then probably anybody in the league.

"So eventually that's going to come. And with that, it's going to create better chemistry. So by no means is my confidence shaken."

Garnett feels better about the team after Monday's meeting and Tuesday's effort in practice.

"When you see these teams like Indiana, they've had their guys, they've added some pieces but their core has been together," Garnett said. "This is a brand new group and it's not easy to just put these ingredients together and expect it to just work and being a new system on top of that, guys being in and out.

"But we'll get it and we're committed towards making this thing what it's supposed to be and what it's going to be. And if not, we're going to die trying."

Injury Report
Charlotte: Al Jefferson (Game Time Decision)
Brooklyn: Kirilenko, Lopez (Out) Terry (Game Time Decision)

Interesting Thing: D-Will will be starting. Livingston has looked very good, but he gets pushed back to the bench. Does the starting lineup look as good with D-Will and not Livingston, strange as that sounds?

Also the Jason Kidd watch is on. Not that he's going to be fired, but he's being watched - does he look engaged? How much is he doing? Lot of questions, quite a bit of them unfair. But it's not going to stop.

Let's be honest, this is a very winnable game for the Nets even with how well Charlotte has played, just simply because Charlotte's shooting is always an issue. If the Nets don't take advantage, this could get ugly(er).

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/sites/bobcats/files/imagecache/slider_image/content/images-topstory/2013/11/131120-nets-tickets-main.jpg

CanYouDigIt
11-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Bobcats have a better record than the stacked Nets?!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Charlotte about to go .500

niko
11-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Bobcats have a better record than the stacked Nets?!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Charlotte about to go .500
Look at the east standings. It's normal 1 to 3, then Hawks, then shit.

rufuspaul
11-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Going to the game. :rockon:

Big Al definitely will not play tonight. The Cats have hung in games recently despite horrible shooting from the floor and the line. They're about as organized defensively as I've ever seen them. Hopefully the shots will start to fall.

It's A VC3!!!
11-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Going to the game. :rockon:

Big Al definitely will not play tonight. The Cats have hung in games recently despite horrible shooting from the floor and the line. They're about as organized defensively as I've ever seen them. Hopefully the shots will start to fall.
Nice, have fun. Make sure you catch the third quarter. You'll want to see your Bobcats look like the dream team. Yea, the shit Nets make every opponent look like the dream team in the third quarter. Don't get discouraged after the first quarter either. The shit Nets will probably have a 10 point lead in the first quarter, as they always do, then blow it down the sack in the third quarter alone.

hawkfan
11-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Most important game for the Bobcats in like 6 or 7 years. Have a chance to get to .500 against a supposed contender in the East. If they win, they build confidence and get reasonably look at contending for a playoff spot.

The Nets have to stop the bleeding. If they keep losing, Kidd may get fired and we may see some trades. Or start seeing some big names on the Nets roster being taken out of the rotation.

The Nets don't have the big roster problems that the Knicks have, but they need to fix their chemistry issues.

rufuspaul
11-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Nice, have fun. Make sure you catch the third quarter. You'll want to see your Bobcats look like the dream team. Yea, the shit Nets make every opponent look like the dream team in the third quarter. Don't get discouraged after the first quarter either. The shit Nets will probably have a 10 point lead in the first quarter, as they always do, then blow it down the sack in the third quarter alone.

:lol The Cats have traditionally sucked in the 3rd quarter. It could get ugly. Maybe I'll just hang out backcourt and drink beer.

It's A VC3!!!
11-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Deron is getting killed. Just waive that piece of shit. I literally hate everything about his mentality and he's a scrub.

It's A VC3!!!
11-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Waive deron please. I can't stand him. This guy is a scrub. And the nets defense is such shit without brook because andray is 75% retarded.

veilside23
11-20-2013, 08:29 PM
who is out for the nets?

It's A VC3!!!
11-20-2013, 08:36 PM
FFS this defense is atrocious. Every thing is a layup for the bobcats. Can these ****ing idiots play a damn lick of defense!!!

niko
11-20-2013, 08:38 PM
who is out for the nets?
Lopez and AK47. Arguably Deron based on his play.

It's A VC3!!!
11-20-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm about to turn the ****ing game off. Just contract then nets. How do you allow the lowest scoring team in the league to score 30 points in the first quarter. Like where the **** is your urgency you idiots.

It's A VC3!!!
11-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Just ****ing retire terry. So you screw up a fast break then you let sessions beat you off the dribble and get a three point play. Stop playing him you retard coach.

It's A VC3!!!
11-20-2013, 08:52 PM
That's it I'm turning this shit off. How the **** do you allow all of these layups. Not turning it on until the fourth quarter. You suck nets you piece of shit franchise.

CJ Mustard
11-20-2013, 09:05 PM
^ :roll:

SpecialQue
11-20-2013, 09:10 PM
NetsFan86 going HAM in this thread.

veilside23
11-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Lopez and AK47. Arguably Deron based on his play.
thanks

what is happening to deron his best days were left at Utah? can he still claim his lost glory?

Quizno
11-20-2013, 09:13 PM
the bobcats could be a .500 team if they just made their free throws. 70% from the line as a team.... :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Quizno
11-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Most important game for the Bobcats in like 6 or 7 years. Have a chance to get to .500 against a supposed contender in the East. If they win, they build confidence and get reasonably look at contending for a playoff spot.

the **** kind of post is this :roll: :roll: :roll:

niko
11-20-2013, 09:18 PM
thanks

what is happening to deron his best days were left at Utah? can he still claim his lost glory?
He just doesn't have the cajones to lead a team like this.

bagelred
11-20-2013, 09:25 PM
:roll:

b1imtf
11-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Nets pls

bagelred
11-20-2013, 09:52 PM
:roll: :roll:

Johnny Jones
11-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Nets might not even make the playoffs this year :roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
11-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Damn nets...

coin24
11-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Nets:roll:

Wonder if Kidd is regretting taking the HC job now. Could have taken a year or two off, then come in and cruise as an assistant..

bagelred
11-20-2013, 10:09 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

R.I.P.
11-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Spends 300 million dollars, 2nd and 3rd best player: Andray Blatche and Alan Anderson.

http://static.freepik.com/fotos-kostenlos/trollface_17-403125921.jpg

b1imtf
11-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Do it Charlotte.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-20-2013, 10:29 PM
I think I just saw RufusPaul.

Jameerthefear
11-20-2013, 10:29 PM
It's alright to eat out your little sister VC3 as long as she's hot.

Quizno
11-20-2013, 10:30 PM
god damn...i've watched basically every bobcats game and i have no idea how the hell they're 6-6 right now lol

Jameerthefear
11-20-2013, 10:31 PM
You saw a rich, white, and sexy dentist? :eek:

SpecialQue
11-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Wow.

b1imtf
3-8 :lol gold

DaSeba5
This team might not make the playoffs, but fortunately for them the East really sucks.

PJR
80 million in luxury tax for 3-8. :roll:

JimmyMcAdocious
11-20-2013, 10:33 PM
You saw a rich, white, and sexy dentist? :eek:

Rich and white. Sexy? I don't know. He looked like a feminine Hilary Swank.

coin24
11-20-2013, 10:34 PM
god damn...i've watched basically every bobcats game and i have no idea how the hell they're 6-6 right now lol

They're actually not too bad at times.. Might sneak into 7-8 seed. Maybe 6 of they stay at .500 the east is that pathetic:lol

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-20-2013, 10:35 PM
http://celticshub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ainge.jpg

It's A VC3!!!
11-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Told you the nets are shit in the third. Another game lost in the third. Same old shit. Not watching anymore games this season. I'm done with this shit team.

SpecialQue
11-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Told you the nets are shit in the third. Another game lost in the third. Same old shit. Not watching anymore games this season. I'm done with this shit team.

inb4 Nets winning streak

Jameerthefear
11-20-2013, 10:44 PM

It's alright to eat out your little sister VC3 as long as she's hot.
:D

Draz
11-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Brooklyn fans shouldn't be that upset as Knicks fans. You guys are suffering from injuries and a rookie coach. It's understandable. We lost to the Bobcats too sadly.

Quizno
11-20-2013, 11:32 PM
They're actually not too bad at times.. Might sneak into 7-8 seed. Maybe 6 of they stay at .500 the east is that pathetic:lol
they're always bad...but they're also really good on defense

rufuspaul
11-21-2013, 09:46 AM

:oldlol: MJ was in the house. I sit 15 rows behind his floor seats which he hardly ever uses, preferring to hang in one of the suites. But he was on the floor last night.

How in the hell do we score 12 points in the 4th quarter and still win the game? We tried every which way to give this game away but the Nets just wouldn't bite.

The Nets are perplexing. Sure they have injuries but so does every other team. On paper they're the second most talented team in the East. I guess it shows that you can't buy team chemistry. Also, why spend all that money to assemble a veteran team and then hire a rookie coach? I think they just need some time to find their direction and learn how to play together.

rodman91
11-21-2013, 02:44 PM
:oldlol: MJ was in the house. I sit 15 rows behind his floor seats which he hardly ever uses, preferring to hang in one of the suites. But he was on the floor last night.

How in the hell do we score 12 points in the 4th quarter and still win the game? We tried every which way to give this game away but the Nets just wouldn't bite.

The Nets are perplexing. Sure they have injuries but so does every other team. On paper they're the second most talented team in the East. I guess it shows that you can't buy team chemistry. Also, why spend all that money to assemble a veteran team and then hire a rookie coach? I think they just need some time to find their direction and learn how to play together.

Clifford made rotation mistakes at the end. They started good at 4 quarter but last 4-5 minutes their offense collapsed and there wasn't enough defense effort especially on rebounds. Adrien was good entire game but he was dead tired at the end and Blatche got all offensive rebounds.

MKG wasn't on floor so that didn't help defense and offense it was all Sessions iso.

It suppose to be +10 game for Bobcats. They always test their fans heart with such games. Nothing is safe with Bobcats.

niko
11-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Nets know they are in trouble but are still not putting in any intensity on defense. Exactly when do they start trying?

It's A VC3!!!
11-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Nets know they are in trouble but are still not putting in any intensity on defense. Exactly when do they start trying?

I forget the exact number but we allowed 40+ points in the paint. That's due to Brook not playing but the guards need to do a better job of not letting players beat them anyways. Brook is truly a great interior defender but what I saw last night prompted me to watch the Knicks game after the second quarter. The Nets suck, plain and simple. Under no damn circumstances should they be 3-8 and constantly getting manhandled in the third quarter of every basketball game, dating back to last year as well. I am just so damn confused on how last seasons team was much better than this mess? You know why, because last season everyone knew what they had to do. This season, nobody has a clue what their role is and is creates putrid offense. Still, no excuse why they are 3-8.

niko
11-21-2013, 03:57 PM
The Nets will clearly improve. It's really the same situation as the Knicks as much as people deny it. Will the Nets improve? Yes. Are they are contender? No.

And the Nets have something that smells internally, whether it's some people trying to get Kidd moved aside, or something else because the stuff leaking to Stephen A and others that they are trying to get out (KG wanted to retire but came here anyway and the other Nets aren't doing their part, etc.) smells.

rufuspaul
11-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Clifford made rotation mistakes at the end. They started good at 4 quarter but last 4-5 minutes their offense collapsed and there wasn't enough defense effort especially on rebounds. Adrien was good entire game but he was dead tired at the end and Blatche got all offensive rebounds.

MKG wasn't on floor so that didn't help defense and offense it was all Sessions iso.

It suppose to be +10 game for Bobcats. They always test their fans heart with such games. Nothing is safe with Bobcats.

I agree 100%. Hopefully the offensive woes will be lessened once Big Al starts playing regularly. Sessions played horribly in the 4th and the trap defense forced him into some ugly turnovers. Thank God we put Kemba in at the end or we might have only scored 6 points in the quarter.

Our defensive strategy of keeping Pierce out of the lane paid off just enough.

The JKidd Kid
11-21-2013, 05:03 PM
The Nets will clearly improve. It's really the same situation as the Knicks as much as people deny it. Will the Nets improve? Yes. Are they are contender? No.

And the Nets have something that smells internally, whether it's some people trying to get Kidd moved aside, or something else because the stuff leaking to Stephen A and others that they are trying to get out (KG wanted to retire but came here anyway and the other Nets aren't doing their part, etc.) smells.

I still think that if this team figures it out and clicks at the right time then they can compete for the title. They definitely have the talent and experience to do so.

Also, you absolutely connot believe a word Smith says. Remember this is they guy that said Rudy and Dwight planned to move to Brooklyn at a Lakers Raptors game even though the two teams hadn't played each other yet. I don't think it's a locker room thing, there's nothing at all that points to that. Honestly I have no idea what the problem is.