PDA

View Full Version : Who actually watches these bottom feeding NBA teams?

TonyMontana
11-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Was watching my Heat lay a whooping on the Orlando Tragic tonight. And I was getting bored mostly because of how awful Orlando is. Which leads me to my question, who the **** is sitting down 82 times a year and watching a team like this for 3 hours?

RoundMoundOfReb
I watch the Raptors. Did you watch the Heat in 07-08?

Jameerthefear
Mods get rid of this shit. I know you guys are online..

Meticode
11-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Team faithfuls that represent the team locally. Unless you're a bigger market like Chicago, New York, LA, or the now bandwagon Heat you're not going to find a ton of fans outside local areas on other teams other than than them.

MP.Trey
11-20-2013, 10:48 PM
It's called having a loyal fanbase. Something Miami severely, severely lacks.

outbreak
11-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Was watching my Heat lay a whooping on the Orlando Tragic tonight. And I was getting bored mostly because of how awful Orlando is. Which leads me to my question, who the **** is sitting down 82 times a year and watching a team like this for 3 hours?

real fans

plus it's exciting watching a young team develop and watching guys add to their games.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Honestly the Magic are actually an exciting team to watch. They have a lot of young up and coming players.

TonyMontana
11-20-2013, 10:50 PM
I watch the Raptors. Did you watch the Heat in 07-08?

Once Shaq went down I watched like 5 games tops. There are better and more entertaining things to do than watch a shit product night after night. I feel bad for people that actually watch every game of these bottom feeder teams. Waste of time and very low entertainment value.

Eric Cartman
11-20-2013, 10:50 PM
raptors games are the worst

Jameerthefear
11-20-2013, 10:52 PM
any other site this shit thread would be gone in seconds.

#number6ix#
11-20-2013, 10:52 PM
I watch every miami game... I don't care if they play a high school team

Qwyjibo
11-20-2013, 10:53 PM
My interest in the Raptors is probably at an all-time low this year. There's only so much time and interest one can devote to a franchise that has never accomplished anything of note and currently has no direction.

If I was a fan of the Bucks, Cavs and Pistons I'd be frustrated as well.

Fans of teams like Orlando at least can watch players that could have a long-term impact for their team (Vucevic, Oladipo) and a good possibility of adding All-Star level talent in the upcoming draft.

CelticBaller
11-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Once Shaq went down I watched like 5 games tops. There are better and more entertaining things to do than watch a shit product night after night. I feel bad for people that actually watch every game of these bottom feeder teams. Waste of time and very low entertainment value.
Realest fan here

TonyMontana
11-20-2013, 10:54 PM
It's called having a loyal fanbase. Something Miami severely, severely lacks.

Only idiots care about being "loyal" to some billionaire owners franchise that doesn't give two shits about you aside from your wallet.

I watch sports to be entertained, and if the entertainment is not there I will take my time/money elsewhere.

moe94
raptors games are the worst
They have the most athletic rotation of swingmen in the league and their PG is incredibly exciting. Just stop.

robert de niro
:facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
Here we go with the real fan v.s. fake fan bull shit. I actually kind of agree with OP on this though. Why support a product when it really does suck?

No ratings actually let's management know they need to get their shit together to put a product on the field, floor, whatever that the masses can get behind. Instead of just getting your money because you're "loyal" or whatever.

By not watching you could be influencing your favorite franchise to get their shit together and make things competitive.

Because a lot of people are fair weather, casual type fans. It's just the way it is. And if you're living in a city like Miami, I don't blame him. There are better things to do than watch a struggling Miami Heat team. They had no chance of winning in 2009, or 2010 but Wade sure as hell was exciting.

Qwyjibo
11-20-2013, 10:57 PM
They have the most athletic rotation of swingmen in the league and their PG is incredibly exciting. Just stop.
And those swingmen use that athleticism mostly to chuck up long 2pt jumpers. Also, the team plays at one of the slowest paces in the league. The Raptors are a horribly boring team.

HylianNightmare
11-20-2013, 11:00 PM
real fans

ihoopallday
11-20-2013, 11:01 PM

This is actually a good post. Time is valuable.

ZMonkey11
11-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Only idiots care about being "loyal" to some billionaire owners franchise that doesn't give two shits about you aside from your wallet.

I watch sports to be entertained, and if the entertainment is not there I will take my time/money elsewhere.

It's not being loyal to a billionaire. It's being loyal to an entity that is symbolic of your city and where you are from.

I see where your loyalties are, on the bandwagon.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-20-2013, 11:05 PM
And those swingmen use that athleticism mostly to chuck up long 2pt jumpers. Also, the team plays at one of the slowest paces in the league. The Raptors are a horribly boring team.
This. Raptors are not entertaining from an objective POV.

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2013, 11:58 PM
This. Raptors are not entertaining from an objective POV.
Sports fans generally aren't objective, though. Why would they be? Part of the fun of sports -- and I'm speaking generally -- is becoming a fan of a franchise either through proximity or some other connection and then following them through thick and thin.

And, these things aren't mutually exclusive. I can still be a fan of great basketball and watching the best teams on off nights, while still loving and supporting the franchise I grew up watching with my dad when they play.

This really isn't a complicated discussion. If you really don't understand why anyone would watch any team that doesn't meet a certain criteria of high quality, you don't understand some of the very basics of sports fandom. The confusion is understandable considering the OP of the thread.

LeGOAT
11-21-2013, 12:06 AM
I've been a Heat fan since moving to Miami. Enduring bad times makes success feel much sweeter. I feel bad for clowns like you who can't appreciate that.

coin24
11-21-2013, 12:15 AM
I've been a Heat fan since moving to Miami. Enduring bad times makes success feel much sweeter. I feel bad for clowns like you who can't appreciate that.

Did you move from Cleveland? True stan:applause:

Kblaze8855
11-21-2013, 12:17 AM

Fans.

Loyal basketball fans.

I watched the Bulls win 15 games and would do it again.

TheMarkMadsen
11-21-2013, 12:18 AM
You have over 1,000 post since April and you want to try and tell us about time management

Myth
11-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Bandwagon fans :facepalm

Levity
11-21-2013, 12:35 AM
i enjoy watching orlando, and im a die hard lakers fan. whats not to like? theyre a YOUNG team with so much potential. they have two players on the wing that can be defensive monsters someday in their career (harkless and oladipo) they have a young center who could potentially be a top 5 c by season end. and to save the best for last, they have tobias harris who hasnt played a game yet this season. but when hes back, theyll be even more fun to watch

but im weird in the sense that i enjoy watching basketball. and not only the popular teams espn tells me to watch.

Mr. Jabbar
11-21-2013, 12:36 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img809/9899/z4p.png

Leftimage
11-21-2013, 12:41 AM

Others can laugh all they want, but this is how I feel about being a HUGE Lebron fan since he was a HS senior. Year after year of crushing playoff defeats and dissapointments, then the ultimate low (media circus surrounding ''the decision''), then the disgust (2011 finals)...

All those occurences made the past two seasons that much sweeter. (and now I get called a bandwagoner lol)

Besides, if two bottom-feeding teams play one another and produce a triple-overtime, down to the wire, high-scoring game, it'll be far more exciting (to me) than watching a defensive stalwart elite team dismantle a bottom-feeding team.

I wonder how many Spurs games Tony Montana watches... Their ''product'' is very high quality, and boring as fvck most of the time imo. And he tells us watching bad NBA teams is beneath him... dude is on a basketball forum every damn day and is talking about the preciousness of time in his life.

lol good one Tony.

TonyMontana
11-21-2013, 02:17 AM
Others can laugh all they want, but this is how I feel about being a HUGE Lebron fan since he was a HS senior. Year after year of crushing playoff defeats and dissapointments, then the ultimate low (media circus surrounding ''the decision''), then the disgust (2011 finals)...

All those occurences made the past two seasons that much sweeter. (and now I get called a bandwagoner lol)

Besides, if two bottom-feeding teams play one another and produce a triple-overtime, down to the wire, high-scoring game, it'll be far more exciting (to me) than watching a defensive stalwart elite team dismantle a bottom-feeding team.

I wonder how many Spurs games Tony Montana watches... Their ''product'' is very high quality, and boring as fvck most of the time imo. And he tells us watching bad NBA teams is beneath him... dude is on a basketball forum every damn day and is talking about the preciousness of time in his life.

lol good one Tony.

As a LeBron playeronly fan you have NEVER experienced a boring season so get off your high horse kid.

Acting like losing to the Mavs in the 2011 Finals was unwatchable. :oldlol: That season was great. First year of the Big Three, all of the jealous f@gs hating on the Heat, making it to the Finals after not winning a series for 5 years, most talented team in the league. Shut the **** up.

Try watching a team with no expectations like the 2013 Charlotte Bobcats for 3 hours 82 times a year and then get back to me. Sounds like a fun 246 hours. :oldlol:

If the Heat put a product on the court that does not entertain me I am not going to feel obligated to watch/go to the games just so I can call myself a "true fan" :oldlol: I will find my entertainment elsewhere. You can have fun watching every game of a 20 win season team. :oldlol:

Unless your getting paid for it, sports is all about entertainment.

j3lademaster
11-21-2013, 02:41 AM

I watch sports to be entertained, and if the entertainment is not there I will take my time/money elsewhere.This kind of fandom is fine (it's the bandwagon fans who pretend to be loyal fans who are disgusting imo), but you at least have to acknowledge some people have different tastes in entertainment than you do. Maybe some people like watching young players develop. I know I always have season long rookie/ sophomore watch bets with my friends. Or maybe I've been taking overlooked Ty Lawson late-ish in the draft every season in fantasy and I've grown attached and enjoy watching some Nuggets. Of course the traditional clash of the titans always has high entertainment value, but saying that's the ONLY kind of entertainment is just ignorant.

j3lademaster
11-21-2013, 02:45 AM

lol good one Tony.Oh no, poor you! A player projected to be the next big superstar since literally his freshman year of high school, averaged 27/7/7 in his 2nd year as a 19/20 year old, who also has been a frontrunner MVP candidate pretty much every season since then. You poor guy how did you stick it through those tough times as a Lebron fan! Man, early-mid 2000's loyal Knicks fans have it so easy!

Stuckey
11-21-2013, 02:51 AM
My interest in the Raptors is probably at an all-time low this year. There's only so much time and interest one can devote to a franchise that has never accomplished anything of note and currently has no direction.

If I was a fan of the Bucks, Cavs and Pistons I'd be frustrated as well.

Fans of teams like Orlando at least can watch players that could have a long-term impact for their team (Vucevic, Oladipo) and a good possibility of adding All-Star level talent in the upcoming draft.

I hear ya

it's been pretty hard the past few years

as a Canadian, I fell in love with the NBA through watching the Raps overachieve in 2006-2007. The Raps will always be an interesting team to watch win or lose because I like to root against Canadian teams in general including my hometown's hockey team. I am happy to see 30k fans go home sad live.

I almost always tune into Raptors vs Pistons games though

I somewhat agree with the OP. Unless you have nothing productive to do and your love for the team is that great, there is little reason to consistently devote time to watch inferior players. It's more worthwhile, imo, to watch the contenders vs contenders a few times a week rather than watching your team get gangbanged creampied for a season

RagaZ
11-21-2013, 03:31 AM
Do you watch all Dolphins games?

Btw You will never see this kind of fandom in Europe :lol

Scholar
11-21-2013, 03:41 AM
You have over 1,000 post since April and you want to try and tell us about time management

:eek:

FKAri
11-21-2013, 03:45 AM

I actually agree with this statement. Basketball is entertainment. I have no emotions and dont give a flying *** about any of the teams. I just want to watch the highest level of basketball between the best teams.

I know someones gonna say "its cuz youve never played sports at a high level", I have and am a very competitive person if I'm actually playing but since high school I've trained myself not to get too attached to teams. Basically it's analogous to a guy who got his heartbroken and just wants to *** bitches not love em.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-21-2013, 03:50 AM
I will say this though even though I'm a die hard Raps fan, If the Raptors are playing the Celtics (or any other crap team) at the same time the a permutation of the Bulls, Thunder, Heat, Pacers, Spurs, Clippers, Pacers, and the Warriors are playing - I'm probably going to watch the non-raptors game.

But the Raptors are the most un-watchable team in the league by FAR. We don't even have much young talent. If our team was like Orlando/Cleveland/Washington/New Orleans I would definitely be more excited to watch them.

Le Shaqtus
11-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Stupidest thread on ISH to date.

If you love your team, you watch their games, no matter how shit they are. Not everyone has the luxury of bandwagoning LeBron's teams because they're not an attention starved b*itch :confusedshrug:

atljonesbro
11-21-2013, 11:04 AM
I just don't enjoy watching teams other than my home team near as much. The Heat are the most utterly boring team to watch in the league to me.

Mr. Jabbar
11-21-2013, 11:13 AM
I just don't enjoy watching teams other than my home team near as much. The Heat are the most utterly boring team to watch in the league to me.

same, i watch houston cause i hate dwight/harden and wanna see them fail, but as much as i hate bron i dont even watch heat games

tmacattack33
11-21-2013, 11:34 AM
It's not just entertaining when your team wins.

It's also entertaining watching player progression and team chemistry progression.

And if you're team sucks, the hope is that one day soon they'll get some good draft picks and be great. And at that point it'll be great to be able to know everyone else on the team and to have seen them grow.

Bigsmoke
11-21-2013, 11:59 AM

Its better feeling to follow a team from the beginning from the good and bad times and to see them finally capture the championship from all of that than it is to just like one once they started winning.

Kinda like watching your son graduate. I'm sure u would get more out of see your son graduate from high school and knowing the fact that you were there since his birth more so than you just being his step dad and seeing your step son graduate even though you only know him for like 3 months.

Talent
11-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Post's like these are why people think most Heat fan's are trash. (I don't) I am a fan of my bottom feeder team because I care about the city I grew up in it is as simple as that. I don't need some ego driven player to make myself feel better. I enjoy basketball and all of the NBA teams put out a watchable product. If winning is your thing cool, but don't act like following a winning team somehow makes you better.

imdaman99
11-21-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm gonna watch the Jazz now that Burke is playing. Love me some Michigan :pimp:

Jailblazers7
11-21-2013, 12:20 PM
I usually catch a couple games per week on league pass for teams like the Celtics, Wizards, Pistons, etc. I like to check in on their games to see how guys I like are playing, how young guys develop, etc.

rufuspaul
11-21-2013, 12:29 PM
It's called having civic pride and supporting your local team and not being a ***** bandwagon ****** like the OP.

Bandito
11-21-2013, 12:34 PM
:lol At least you're honest about being a bandwagoner.

nashwade
11-21-2013, 12:36 PM
guys are forming super friends teams these days, I don't even watch most of the games anymore

DaSeba5
11-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Why are you always trying to make people hate Heat fans more?

Thorpesaurous
11-21-2013, 12:43 PM
I love watching how young players transition into pros, so I find that I often enjoy the off-brand NBA teams more than the more notable ones, at least early in the season.

alenleomessi
11-21-2013, 12:53 PM
I usually catch a couple games per week on league pass for teams like the Celtics, Wizards, Pistons, etc. I like to check in on their games to see how guys I like are playing, how young guys develop, etc.
this
bottom feeders can be fun

Genaro
11-21-2013, 01:14 PM
When you're a bandwagoner and just cheer for the best team/player you have no appreciation for team loyalty and thinks just like OP.
Watching sports and enjoy it it's not always about winning but I don't expect certain people to understand that concept.

Bigsmoke
11-21-2013, 02:23 PM
It's called having civic pride and supporting your local team and not being a ***** bandwagon ****** like the OP.

This too.

Players don't magically don't become MVPs their rookie seasons.

Its fun to acknowledge players before actually getting fame down the line

Le Shaqtus
11-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Why are you always trying to make people hate Heat fans more?

No one actually hates Heat fans, just people like OP who pretend they've been a fan all along and rag on other teams because they're the best. It's easy to brag when LeBron is on your team.

Mr. Jabbar
11-21-2013, 03:08 PM
montana is the ultimate bandwagoner, we could even see him trashing lebron in a near future when the next "big thing" hits the nba :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

TheTruth#34
11-21-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm a Celtics fan and Paul Pierce is my favourite player. I wouldn't dream of jumping ship to support the nets though. Your team is your team, anyone who changes teams is a bandwagoner.

I watch all the Celtics games on league pass and although we are no longer contenders I enjoy watching the development of ours new guys. I'm more than happy to sit through the rebuilding years, we'll be a force again soon enough.

CavaliersFTW
11-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Those who've never experienced great loss will never appreciate great victory.

It's A VC3!!!
11-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Nets games are the worst. For the longest time I've watched a shit franchise not make the playoffs then make the playoffs, but to only lose in the first or second round. Then get a super-rich billionaire owner and spend $200 million in one year for a team that's 3-8. Those 200 M's would be better served in my bank account.

Miles and Miles
11-21-2013, 04:36 PM
I watch every Kings game like a nut case. Either in person or on TV. It's called being a fan even if the team stinks.

So only the good teams should have any fans?

Bigsmoke
11-21-2013, 04:38 PM
montana is the ultimate bandwagoner, we could even see him trashing lebron in a near future when the next "big thing" hits the nba :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The OP was a Rockets fan... Then Celtics fan... Then Wade fan that hates LeBron to a LeBron hater that hates Wade.

I can see him cheering for Sightings once he starts killing

Mr. Jabbar
11-21-2013, 04:42 PM
The OP was a Rockets fan... Then Celtics fan... Then Wade fan that hates LeBron to a LeBron hater that hates Wade.

I can see him cheering for Sightings once he starts killing

absolutely, montana could sell his mother for the right price

Rondo
11-21-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm a Celtics fan and Paul Pierce is my favourite player. I wouldn't dream of jumping ship to support the nets though. Your team is your team, anyone who changes teams is a bandwagoner.

I watch all the Celtics games on league pass and although we are no longer contenders I enjoy watching the development of ours new guys. I'm more than happy to sit through the rebuilding years, we'll be a force again soon enough.

:bowdown:

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-21-2013, 04:56 PM
This. I'm rarely into watching games when I don't have a dog in the fight, the only exception being during the Playoffs when the games really mean something. Over the past few seasons 90% of the games I've watched during the regular season have been Celtic games and I doubt that'll change regardless of how good they are.

unbreakable
11-21-2013, 05:45 PM
LMAO @ "loyalty to a city"

these ni66as aint even from ur city.. maybe if youre talking about college where atleast theyre from the same state.. but fukk garbage teams

only people with no lives, job, women (or all 3) would watch 82 games of the magic, raps, cavs, sixers, etc.

TonyMontana
11-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Do you watch all Dolphins games?

Btw You will never see this kind of fandom in Europe :lol

Yeah I watch all the Dolphin games no matter how bad they are.(except for preseason, I don't watch that shit for any sport). With the way the NFL is set up, the games are fun to watch no matter what(only once a week, 16 total games). If they had 82 games like the NBA does I wouldn't watch the majority of games either.

soccer is set up similar to the NFL in that the teams play around once per week. Thats why these sports are truly popular. no matter how good your team is, there is still strong entertainment value.

this guy sums it up well

LMAO @ "loyalty to a city"

these ni66as aint even from ur city.. maybe if youre talking about college where atleast theyre from the same state.. but fukk garbage teams

only people with no lives, job, women (or all 3) would watch 82 games of the magic, raps, cavs, sixers, etc.

good post, I don't see why anyone is going to utilize their time spent watching a bottom feeding NBA team 82 times a year unless they fit those 3 criteria like you said.(lol) The games are boring as hell, and the only thing that they have to play for is where they're picking in the draft. If someone could actually enjoy spending 3 hours every other day watching the Bobcats that'd be a redflag that something is wrong with that ****er.

Jameerthefear
11-21-2013, 11:05 PM
i seriously think some people in this thread might be retarded. most people literally enjoy watching their team play. regardless of the outcome. it's no different than any other type of media (anime, movies, tv shows)

TonyMontana
11-21-2013, 11:10 PM
i seriously think some people in this thread might be retarded. most people literally enjoy watching their team play. regardless of the outcome. it's no different than any other type of media (anime, movies, tv shows)

Anime? Watches every Orlando Magic game?

http://gifs.gifbin.com/092009/1253885876_suicide.gif

Jameerthefear
11-21-2013, 11:14 PM

I want to say so many mean things to you but I know that means you win and Jeff will just ban me so I'm out.

christian1923
11-21-2013, 11:26 PM
I watch the Knicks all year because i secretly love the pain...:banghead:

livinglegend
11-22-2013, 12:01 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

dr.hee
11-22-2013, 08:32 AM
I watch the Knicks all year because i secretly love the pain...:banghead:

This. It's frustrating to be a fan of bottom feeders, but players like Melo and D-Will are still entertaining to watch.