PDA

View Full Version : CP3 breaks Magic Johnsons record for consecutive double doubles (points and assists)

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-20-2013, 11:53 PM
12 straight games with at least 10pts 10asts. Dominated Rubio and clutch w/16 4th q points :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Best PG in league since 08 every year besides 10 when he was injured

russwest0
11-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Watch the games... They are marking him down for assists that are not assists at all.

CP3 getting overrated as usual

#number6ix#
11-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Niice

Kblaze8855
They do that for everyone. rondo had 6 flat out made up assists one 20 assist night. its on youtube for all to see. But nobody cares/

Young X
Started off with 4 points through 3 quarters then ended up with 20. 14 pts in a 5 minute span.

Point GAWD.

moe94
11-20-2013, 11:57 PM
People, at one point, legitimately thought Derrick Rose was a better player than Chris Paul and some actually argued that 08 Paul wasn't as good as '11 Rose.

russwest0
11-20-2013, 11:58 PM
They do that for everyone. rondo had 6 flat out made up assists one 20 assist night. its on youtube for all to see. But nobody cares/

link pls

RoundMoundOfReb
11-20-2013, 11:59 PM
:applause: Point God

yobore
11-20-2013, 11:59 PM
Watch the games... They are marking him down for assists that are not assists at all.

Even the away scorekeepers oblige.

Regardless, it's another really incredibly arbitrary insignificant stat like those games where they kept saying he had "at least 1 steal" for X games. This will be mentioned every game for a guy who has some much much better ones that never get talked about like having by far the highest career offensive rating in NBA history, 4th in career WS48 in, 6th in PER

Young X
11-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Even the away teams oblige.

Regardless, it's another really incredibly arbitrary insignifcant stat like those games where they kept saying he had "at least 1 steal" for X games. This will be mentioned every game for a guy who has some much much better ones that never get talked about like having by far the highest career offensive rating in NBA history, 4th in career WS48 in, 6th in PERAnd he's 6th all time in playoff PER too as well as the regular season. Yet I have to hear these f*ggots talk about how he doesn't show up in the postseason. :rolleyes:

DuMa
11-21-2013, 12:05 AM
im surprised the record is not more than 11 games. names like steve nash and stockton must have had more than 11 streaking games of pts/asts

TheCalmInsanity
11-21-2013, 12:05 AM

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2012/10/sarah_parenting/baby-crying.jpg

moe94
11-21-2013, 12:06 AM
im surprised the record is not more than 11 games. names like steve nash and stockton must have had more than 11 streaking games of pts/asts
Exactly what I was thinking. Or weird shit like Korver of all people going for that consecutive 3s record.

Kblaze8855
11-21-2013, 12:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GYlDcGweRk

Enjoy.

Pierce at one point literally drives from halfcourt into traffic, goes behind the back, and lays it up and rondo gets an assist.

TheCalmInsanity
11-21-2013, 12:10 AM

Yeah but the stat is the record at the start of the season. Meaning, starting from game 1 and on. I'm sure there are longer streaks mid-season and what not

moe94
11-21-2013, 12:11 AM

Enjoy.

Pierce at one point literally drives from halfcourt into traffic, goes behind the back, and lays it up and rondo gets an assist.

How come that first play where he dropped it to KG, and then KG did his own move got him an assist? It's not like KG did a spot up shot, not he worked for his shot yet Rondo got the credit. Can you explain that to me?

Also, yeah, I peeped that Pierce move. Absolutely ****ing hilarious.

grantz
11-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Don't understand all the cp3 hate. He killed it today in the 4th quarter. It's not like he's an athletic freak like wb. He clearly the best pg right now. Wb is easily in the top 3 but objectivity is a rare thing on these boards.

Kblaze8855
11-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Oh and it isnt a record. Stockton is the first guy I checked and he went 25 in a row in 1991. He put up 18-15 over like a 30 game stretch and went 25 in a row with over 10 and 10. And not barely making it. Im talking 20 points, 28 assists, and 8 steals with 27/19 the next day.

I think ESPN meant to begin a season. And I bet that isnt true either.

russwest0
11-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Yeah but the stat is the record at the start of the season. Meaning, starting from game 1 and on. I'm sure there are longer streaks mid-season and what not

So basically its pointless

Myth
11-21-2013, 12:17 AM

Enjoy.

The one you described is the only 1 in that video that clearly should not be an assist.

Sumter15
11-21-2013, 12:19 AM

Pretty sure someone on here said that the record for the start of a season was Magic's 11.

moe94
11-21-2013, 12:21 AM
They're all pointless.

What about those random arbitrary stats they use to hype up LeBron?

LeBron is only the second player in league history to average 30/7/6 in the first 10 games after the allstar break while telling his coach to "sit down" before every play and calling Paris Hilton during halftime in order to see what's up with their stake in Arsenal.

pauk
11-21-2013, 12:22 AM

Enjoy.

Didnt see 6, but i saw 7 questionable assists, the most blatant one is indeed the Pierce "assist".

NBA assist rules elaborate by saying you are allowed to dribble once, however the player receiving the pass must move immediately toward the basket in a scoring motion.

LAZERUSS
11-21-2013, 01:05 AM
Didnt see 6, but i saw 7 questionable assists, the most blatant one is indeed the Pierce "assist".

NBA assist rules elaborate by saying you are allowed to dribble once, however the player receiving the pass must move immediately toward the basket in a scoring motion.

Assist scoring has always been suspect, but even moreso in the last 30 years. Assists climbed dramatically in the 80's.

DStebb716
11-21-2013, 01:16 AM

Enjoy.

You're joking, right? That Pierce play is the ONLY one that shouldn't have been an assist. Not "six made up assists."

CavaliersFTW
11-21-2013, 01:17 AM

Your probably trolling based on your rep... but your actually right, this is true, CP3 is nowhere near the double-double machine Magic was if they'd count his damn assists correctly. They give assists out like candy in this era. But it isn't just for CP3, it's for a lot of players. Perhaps a product of the slower pace, marketers told statisticians to be (ridiculously) generous with assist statistics.

TheCalmInsanity
11-21-2013, 02:14 AM

Yeah dude, 12 back to back double doubles for Chris Paul is pointless, they should just revoke all the Clippers wins.

Stop trying to take credit away. Chris Paul being amazing won't make Russell Westbrook's schlong any less juicy for you.

qrich
11-21-2013, 03:39 AM

So has OKC lost a game with no asterisk yet?

TheCalmInsanity
11-21-2013, 04:05 AM
So has OKC lost a game with no asterisk yet?

:roll: :roll: :roll: Nope, they're still asterisk undefeated

Kblaze8855
11-21-2013, 08:39 AM
You're joking, right? That Pierce play is the ONLY one that shouldn't have been an assist. Not "six made up assists."

When you give the ball to someone to create a shot themselves it isnt an assist. IF Terry needs to dribble twice and shoot a contested fadeaway you didnt make the play. If KG needs to pump fake, spin, and gather...same. If Jeff Green has to pump fake and dribble then pull up....if Pierce drives from 40 feet out into traffic....

They are just giving him assists for giving a guy the ball to make his own shot. And I bet the stats keeper would admit it. I suspect we have all read the confessions of an NBA stat keeper thing from a while back. People actually come instruct them to boost peoples numbers....

There is no way in hell Bob Cousy or Oscar robertson were getting 9-10 assists in a league with teams scoring 124 a game and guys like Rondo, Paul, and so on are getting the same with way less possessions. We just choose to call a lot more plays an assist than they would have before manipulating the numbers.

Psileas
11-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Even the away scorekeepers oblige.

Regardless, it's another really incredibly arbitrary insignificant stat like those games where they kept saying he had "at least 1 steal" for X games. This will be mentioned every game for a guy who has some much much better ones that never get talked about like having by far the highest career offensive rating in NBA history, 4th in career WS48 in, 6th in PER

And also when someone mentions "...but older eras had a much faster pace!".

Darius
11-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Love CP3 but this is a relatively pointless stat.

On another point: it's surprising CP3 has so many haters. You'd think fans would root for someone of relatively normal size and athleticism who is a top 5 player in the league.

grantz
11-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Love CP3 but this is a relatively pointless stat.

On another point: it's surprising CP3 has so many haters. You'd think fans would root for someone of relatively normal size and athleticism who is a top 5 player in the league.

Exactly. He goes by pure IQ and skill. For someone that lost his explosiveness after an injury and still top 5 in the league, people still hates this guy and I don't get it. That's why I will put Curry above WB and Rose right now. Coming back from an injury and killing it -- WB and Rose still have to prove they can do that (WB is almost there though).

WB/Rose -- these guys may or may not be as good as they used to be before their injuries. CP has proven to be relevant year after year because of his high basketball IQ and just a cold blooded killer in the 4th quarter.