PDA

View Full Version : Hawks - 7-5 with the most number of scrubs in rotation

hawkfan
11-21-2013, 06:29 AM
The Hawks at 7-5, 4th in the East.
The Hawks have the following scrubs in the rotation: Cartier Martin, Pero Antic, Gustavo Ayon, Shelvin Mack. Also we have Elton Brand, who used to be an All-Star but clearly on a decline.

I don't know what it is, but Atlanta always does well with bringing scrubs in and getting the most out of them.

Scrub-mania!!

Haymaker
11-21-2013, 06:44 AM
This makes Brooklyn look way worse. :oldlol:

roffie
11-21-2013, 06:47 AM
jeff teague's the best

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
11-21-2013, 06:48 AM
They play in the Eastern conference, what do you expect :confusedshrug:

Nero Tulip
11-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Hawks and 76ers doing ok with bad rosters... now what's the thing they have in common?

(ok other than playing in the Eastern conference)

hawkfan
11-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Hawks and 76ers doing ok with bad rosters... now what's the thing they have in common?

(ok other than playing in the Eastern conference)

Both teams have point guards that are playing well, and both teams have young players that are playing well, and they also both have new coaches (both from the Pop school of coaching).

But the Hawks are the far better team than the Sixers.

andremiller07
11-21-2013, 08:37 AM
A big three of Teague/Horford/Milsap in the East in particular is outstanding and good in general. When your three best player play the right way and are unselfish anything is possible. Plus I would not call Mike Scott a scrub he's shown to be a solid rotation player and Kyle Korver is a elite shooter. Chemistry/teamwork > selfish/talented.

hawkfan
11-21-2013, 08:40 AM
A big three of Teague/Horford/Milsap in the East in particular is outstanding and good in general. When your three best player play the right way and are unselfish anything is possible. Plus I would not call Mike Scott a scrub he's shown to be a solid rotation player and Kyle Korver is a elite shooter. Chemistry/teamwork > selfish/talented.

Forgot to mention Scott - throw in from the Nets.

Nero Tulip
11-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Both teams have point guards that are playing well, and both teams have young players that are playing well, and they also both have new coaches (both from the Pop school of coaching).

But the Hawks are the far better team than the Sixers.

The coach is where I was getting at, but you make good points. The Popovich influence is helping both those teams achieve better than expected.

Really glad to see new coaches instead of the same overrated old farts failing time after time.

hawkfan
11-21-2013, 08:54 AM
The coach is where I was getting at, but you make good points. The Popovich influence is helping both those teams achieve better than expected.

Really glad to see new coaches instead of the same overrated old farts failing time after time.

We're 7-5, where I expected us to be.
The problem in the East is that there are some teams - Knicks, Nets, Cavs - who should be doing much better.

R.I.P.
11-21-2013, 09:04 AM
The Hawks have the following scrubs in the rotation: Cartier Martin, Pero Antic, Gustavo Ayon, Shelvin Mack. Also we have Elton Brand, who used to be an All-Star but clearly on a decline.

I don't know what it is, but Atlanta always does well with bringing scrubs in and getting the most out of them.

Scrub-mania!!

The obvious answer would be that Martin, Antic, Ayon and Mack are no scrubs. :facepalm

The Hawks are one of the deepest teams in the league and their bench is full of qualiyt role players.

alenleomessi
11-21-2013, 09:31 AM
pero antic is not a scrub, but your mother sure is, OP.

hawkfan
11-21-2013, 09:38 AM
pero antic is not a scrub, but your mother sure is, OP.

If he's no scrub, then why is it in a league that lacks quality bigs, he is only getting 1.5 million?

Try again, fool.

jzek
11-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Whoever is their coach should get COTY. SRS.

Euroleague
11-21-2013, 07:01 PM

Scrub-mania!!

Martin is a very good shooter.

Antic can shoot, play defense, and rebound.

Ayon is a very good player all around.

Mack is a solid guard.

Brand is a scrub. But not the others.

So STFU.

Andrew Wiggins
11-21-2013, 07:05 PM

Mack is a solid guard.

So STFU.

of course they're not scrubs...

....compared to spanoulis :lol

Dresta
11-21-2013, 07:06 PM
I was at the Atlanta/Heat game the other day and Antic looked pretty good tbh.

hawkfan
11-21-2013, 07:06 PM

Mack is a solid guard.

So STFU.

Brand was a great player, but now he is older. Really he should have signed with OKC or the Clippers.

No one went after Mack - why's that?
Ayon was waived by the Bucks. They tried to trade him and no one wanted him? Why's that?
Antic only got 1.5 million when teams lack centers. Why's that?

We lost 4 of our main core players from the last 7 years in Josh, Joe, Marvin, Zaza, yet we are still 7-5. Not bad.

hawkfan
11-21-2013, 07:07 PM
I was at the Atlanta/Heat game the other day and Antic looked pretty good tbh.

The Hawks know how to squeeze the juice out of scrubs.
We are to getting value out of scrubs the same way the Suns are good at getting value out of injured players.

R.I.P.
11-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Brand was a great player, but now he is older. Really he should have signed with OKC or the Clippers.

Ayon was waived by the Bucks. They tried to trade him and no one wanted him? Why's that?

We lost 4 of our main core players from the last 7 years in Josh, Joe, Marvin, Zaza, yet we are still 7-5. Not bad.

Cause the Bucks are stupid. Much like the Hornets who have given away a $6.5 million center rotation of Robin Lopez and Gustavo Ayon, so they can start the walking white basketball clich

hawkfan
11-21-2013, 07:34 PM
The Hawks have always been good at getting value out of scrubs.

In 2010 playoffs, the Hawks got clobbered by the Magic.
So the next year, we signed Jason Collins, who did a great job on Howard in 2011. Howard's confidence has been crushed every since.

Now no teams want Collins (which makes no sense for the Knicks. And the gay issue - who cares in New York?).

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2013, 09:54 PM
They put up nice numbers for scrubs.

fsvr54
11-21-2013, 10:05 PM
None of them are scrubs.

Gustavo Ayon is a FIBA Americas Finals MVP after leading an underdog team to it's first title ever.

Also, Coach Bud is seriously the next great coach in NBA history.

Big Cheese
11-21-2013, 10:12 PM
I wouldnt judge this team until we start consistently playing playoff caliber teams. We have had a pretty weak schedule so far.

These are the teams we have played so far.

Mavs
Raptors
Lakers
Kings
Nuggets
Magic
Bobcats
Knicks
76ers
Knicks again
Miami
Pistons

Dr. Ice
11-21-2013, 10:45 PM
I wouldnt judge this team until we start consistently playing playoff caliber teams. We have had a pretty weak schedule so far.

These are the teams we have played so far.

Mavs
Raptors
Lakers
Kings
Nuggets
Magic
Bobcats
Knicks
76ers
Knicks again
Miami
Pistons

but all of those teams have beat teams that were supposed to be contenders :confusedshrug:

Cant knock the hawks for winning against the teams on their schedule

Euroleague
11-22-2013, 04:30 PM

This guy's IQ is amazingly low.

magnax1
11-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Ayon is alright, Carroll and Korver both do good things, Louis Williams can play (he's injured IIRC though) and then they have their three stars. I wouldn't say most teams have more than six productive players.

SpecialQue
11-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Ayon's great.

hawkfan
11-22-2013, 08:27 PM
I call my guys scrubs as a term of endearment.

Which teams that signed top level free agents or traded for them are the Hawks better than?

Cavs
Raptors
Pistons
Nets
Knicks
Wizards
Bucks

The Hawks are the bad news bears of the league.

:banana: