PDA

View Full Version : ☆Official Kobe Bryant Thread: #Ko8e24

tamaraw08
11-21-2013, 11:04 AM
With Meeks doing pretty well as SG, and assuming Kobe would not be as mobile, would MDA use him as a SF?
I remember when MJ returned from retirement, he played SF at Washington so he also doesn't have to chase quick SGs.
The problem is on the other end, he'll be guarded by taller guys too.

DKLaker
11-21-2013, 12:49 PM
With Meeks doing pretty well as SG, and assuming Kobe would not be as mobile, would MDA use him as a SF?
I remember when MJ returned from retirement, he played SF at Washington so he also doesn't have to chase quick SGs.
The problem is on the other end, he'll be guarded by taller guys too.

Nothing at all against you, and I agree with playing Kobe at SF........BUT
There is something really horribly wrong with moving Kobe's position in favor of Jodie Meeks :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-21-2013, 02:59 PM
There is something really horribly wrong with moving Kobe's position in favor of Jodie Meeks :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

exactly...he is a volume shooter. he is good now and will be miserable in few weeks

Kobe should play 2 and only 2...3 like u say is going to be tough..playing aginst 3

$LakerGold
11-21-2013, 05:43 PM
This is why we need Trevor back. Kobe can play SG in the offensive end, & then play SF at the other end. I like Meeks, but he should just play Vujacic's role.

& this is also why they gotta build their roster around for the top 5 teams this off-season & not just sign Melo (if that ever happens).

Lakers91
11-22-2013, 06:26 AM
I feel Kobe is probably too old to play small forward now permanently anyway, positives and negatives to it, would give up a fair bit on defense if he's up against bigger 3's and isn't as good on defense as he once was to be able to make up for the size disadvantage he will have not that that's a slant on Kobe it happens to everyone with time or maybe he just gambles too much on defense. Ultimately I think it depends on who the opposition 3 is, you could play him on the less physically strong 3's and it could work fine but I don't think you can permanently play him there or for an extended amount of time. I think it's too big of an ask to play someone coming off an achilles tear to play on 3's who can often be bigger and stronger and at 35 years of age, it might save him from being hurt when playing defense against quicker shooting guards but I'd rather him just stay at 2, it might at his age save his legs though not having to go on players who are quicker but they will often be bigger on the flip side of the coin. Pro's and con's to the idea so I suppose given there isn't very high hopes for this year it will probably be trialled.

tamaraw08
11-22-2013, 11:07 AM

I know I started the thread with Meeks doing "pretty well", note that I didn't say he is doing great.:(
But I also included another reason which is not putting pressure on Kobe to chase quick SGs.
Starters usually play more minutes, Meeks has been pretty consistent, (except the Denver game) and has been really working hard both in defense and not just lurking in the perimeter. He actually cuts and finds open spots etc and also he has a develop a rapport and Blake has been finding him. Putting him on the bench might shake his confidence.
Another point is that other guys have been very inconsistent. Johnson, Young etc, why punish Jodie.... Then again, he could be really strengthen the bench...

dd24
11-25-2013, 01:14 PM
So Kobe can't chase around SG's on defense but he's supposed to guard guys like Lebron, Melo, Durant, George, Batum, etc, etc? I can see him playing SF for some short stretches but it makes no sense to keep him there permanently.

tamaraw08
11-25-2013, 08:23 PM
So Kobe can't chase around SG's on defense but he's supposed to guard guys like Lebron, Melo, Durant, George, Batum, etc, etc? I can see him playing SF for some short stretches but it makes no sense to keep him there permanently.

It is my opinion that Kobe (who by the way is 6-6 1/2 and not 6-3 and not 180 lbs)can defend SFs better than Ray Allen who run rings using multiple picks or Wade who is called flash, or George Hill who is very quick or SGs who can really shoot from 26 feet where you have to be on their grill all the time.. Yes, I still remember when he got punished in the post by Steve Smith in 1999 etc but after gtting tutored by Payton etc on how to defend down low I think over the years, Kobe has learned to hold his own against 6-8 forwards. Yes, Durant is the exception but doubting if he can defend Batum? really?

DKLaker
11-30-2013, 01:06 PM
It is my opinion that Kobe (who by the way is 6-6 1/2 and not 6-3 and not 180 lbs)can defend SFs better than Ray Allen who run rings using multiple picks or Wade who is called flash, or George Hill who is very quick or SGs who can really shoot from 26 feet where you have to be on their grill all the time.. Yes, I still remember when he got punished in the post by Steve Smith in 1999 etc but after gtting tutored by Payton etc on how to defend down low I think over the years, Kobe has learned to hold his own against 6-8 forwards. Yes, Durant is the exception but doubting if he can defend Batum? really?

I'm in agreement with you on this, but it has become a choice of getting beat on the perimeter or getting beat in the paint where you can get help from your PF or Center. I choose the latter. All this being said, we don't know how much speed Kobe has lost.....maybe he can still guard SGs?

BallsOut
11-30-2013, 03:30 PM
No, just no. Meeks is slowly coming back down to Earth after that terrific start. Those boneheaded plays are just inexcusable for someone in the starting unit.

When Kobe comes back, start Wesley Johnson at the 3, or make a trade and bring back Ariza at the 3.

dd24
11-30-2013, 04:49 PM
No, just no. Meeks is slowly coming back down to Earth after that terrific start. Those boneheaded plays are just inexcusable for someone in the starting unit.

When Kobe comes back, start Wesley Johnson at the 3, or make a trade and bring back Ariza at the 3.

I don't see the Wizards trading Ariza. Porter is hurt so he's not going to be their starter. Ariza has been good for them this year, and that's a team that wants to finally make a playoff run. I think they would rather just let him walk after the season is done and keep the cap room.

tamaraw08
12-06-2013, 10:56 AM

Huh, Meeks has committed 4 turnvers in the last 5 games, too much for you?
Meeks for the season is averaging 44% from the 3pt line, 49% overall, 13 pts/game.
Danny Green is ave 42 % from 3pt line, 43% overall and 8pts/game.
Reddick is ave 36% from 3pt line,
Yes, he is not a great defender but he is trying. No, he is not a great ball handler/passer etc but I think he is doing what is expected of him.

Da Kobester
12-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Let Kobe roam the wings like a free safety...mamba on the prowl:rockon: .

tamaraw08
12-13-2013, 12:25 AM
Not sure if this is accurate but wikiAnswers says
Answer:

Without Kobe, the Lakers are 43-21 (including 0-1 in playoffs), as of Feb 1, 2012.
That includes a game where he played only 1 minute, as well as a game he played 6 minutes (going 1 for 2, scoring 2 pts total.
Can anybody validate? thanks

L.A. Jazz
12-17-2013, 03:14 AM
I finally get it. Kobe is with me on the "we need to tank this year" bandwagon. So he signs 2 extra years and comes back early to captain the ship to a worse record because otherwise there is no chance to win another title for him. Now i am finally calm and sure the Lakers will not make the playoffs and tank hard.

Da Kobester
12-18-2013, 01:10 AM
The best thing that happened since Kobe's return that I've seen is it keeps Pau mostly in the paint. Notice how Kobe's been looking and dishing off to Pau yes I'm all for that coz it puts Pau back where he belongs Lakers again can work inside out ala championship years.

Furthermore Kobe's like a coach on the floor coz if Pau slacks off Kobe gets in his face:mad: and judging by his play Pau's game has noticeably improved less perimeter attempts and more attempts in the paint. Lakers restoring their 1 2 punch and with swaggy P:pimp: as their 3rd go to guy we have a chance to make some noise!:rockon:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-18-2013, 01:55 AM
Not sure if this is accurate but wikiAnswers says
Answer:

Without Kobe, the Lakers are 43-21 (including 0-1 in playoffs), as of Feb 1, 2012.
That includes a game where he played only 1 minute, as well as a game he played 6 minutes (going 1 for 2, scoring 2 pts total.
Can anybody validate? thanks

This all is BS what counts is the 5 chips with kobe

End of thread... Now everbody go to sleep

DKLaker
12-18-2013, 03:11 AM

LMFAO.....I swear I was just going to post this:

:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

Obviously I agree with you completely :cheers:

I always tell Tam to stop looking at stats :facepalm and watch the actual game!

L.A. Jazz
12-18-2013, 01:51 PM
But then why have a coach? because now they play no where near what MDA wants. the only thing he does is giving stupid interviews.

$LakerGold
12-18-2013, 02:35 PM
@tam, thread merged.

Crown&Coke
12-18-2013, 05:08 PM
But then why have a coach? because now they play no where near what MDA wants. the only thing he does is giving stupid interviews.

"But uuuuhhhmm, (insert bullshit here).... but uuuuhhhmmm"

Thats all I hear.

DKLaker
12-18-2013, 06:31 PM
"But uuuuhhhmm, (insert bullshit here).... but uuuuhhhmmm"

Thats all I hear.

Yeah, that's what guys who know basketball hear when he talks......But when Jimmy Buss listens he is all "Wow, wow, wow.....he's so brilliant and amazing!!!"
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rant

tamaraw08
12-18-2013, 06:40 PM

OMG, sorry for hitting a nerve "Kobe-FAN":rolleyes:
I was just asking to validate the answer.
Chicago won atleast 55 games when MJ left the first time. Does that mean he is not a great player?:confusedshrug:
Well ofcourse Lakers wouldn't have won 5 rings without Kobe. I felt the year 2001, Kobe should have won the MVP esp when he almost single-handedly dominated the Spurs in San Antonio.:bowdown: The problem was when they to the finals, Shaq would dominate the weaker centers of the East, hence, he wins the finals MVPs. :pimp:

Lakers91
12-19-2013, 07:07 AM
Chicago won atleast 55 games when MJ left the first time. Does that mean he is not a great player?:confusedshrug:
Well ofcourse Lakers wouldn't have won 5 rings without Kobe. I felt the year 2001, Kobe should have won the MVP esp when he almost single-handedly dominated the Spurs in San Antonio.:bowdown: The problem was when they to the finals, Shaq would dominate the weaker centers of the East, hence, he wins the finals MVPs. :pimp:

I think it's an interesting thing to ask or discuss, the Bulls that year led by Scottie Pippen (who I believe led them in most major statistical categories that year) just showed that the team was deeper than simply one great player (and that Pippen's importance as part of the team in history has been majorly undervalued to the point it makes me almost sad) and it just shows that not one player wins championships, I consider it to rate a player based on titles, it's the most important thing in sports but you win them as a team in the NBA never as just one player, the most common example I've noticed with no help is my favourite player Akeem/Hakeem but he had for one title Clyde the Glyde. Teams may play better at times without a ball dominant player but it certainly limits how far you go in the end, kind of a bit like how when Kobe was injured this year not playing, players moved the ball more looked good to start, the role players like Meeks stepped up, but then when the role players who stepped up went cold then you kind of want the ball dominant star player back because in the end it limits you for anything more than a short period of time :D

DKLaker
12-19-2013, 01:10 PM
I think it's an interesting thing to ask or discuss, the Bulls that year led by Scottie Pippen (who I believe led them in most major statistical categories that year) just showed that the team was deeper than simply one great player (and that Pippen's importance as part of the team in history has been majorly undervalued to the point it makes me almost sad) and it just shows that not one player wins championships, I consider it to rate a player based on titles, it's the most important thing in sports but you win them as a team in the NBA never as just one player, the most common example I've noticed with no help is my favourite player Akeem/Hakeem but he had for one title Clyde the Glyde. Teams may play better at times without a ball dominant player but it certainly limits how far you go in the end, kind of a bit like how when Kobe was injured this year not playing, players moved the ball more looked good to start, the role players like Meeks stepped up, but then when the role players who stepped up went cold then you kind of want the ball dominant star player back because in the end it limits you for anything more than a short period of time :D

:cheers: ......and Great that you are posting more!!!

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-19-2013, 05:08 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/wp-content/themes/goodnews481/images/ln_logo_center.png

@Lakers: Kobe Bryant has a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee. He is expected to miss 6 weeks

the contract extensions sounds right now :)

Link: http://www.lakersnation.com/breaking-news-kobe-bryant-set-to-miss-six-weeks-with-knee-injury/2013/12/19/

$LakerGold
12-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Yeah, saw him went down last night. Took him about 5 minutes to shake it off. Damn, didn't know it was that bad. Get well soon, Kobe!

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Yeah, saw him went down last night. Took him about 5 minutes to shake it off. Damn, didn't know it was that bad. Get well soon, Kobe!

tank time

$LakerGold
12-19-2013, 06:15 PM
tank time
Around the late 10's? But, I really think that we'll make it to at least 8th or 10th seed.

1st 14 of the 15 draft picks belongs to the East. haha

Da Kobester
12-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Just think Kobe played the last 6 minutes in the 4th with a fracture but the good news is that he won't be needing a surgery. At least Kobe will be back sooner unlike D Rose who'll be out for the season again hurry back Kobe the Lakers need u.

dd24
12-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Hopefully Kobe doesn't catch the injury bug for the end of his career. It's tough seeing him like this. It's better for the Lakers though. They really need a lottery pick this season. Kobe being out more helps that.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-19-2013, 09:08 PM
honestly i would blow up as much as we can

Hill for 1st round pick
Blake for the same
Pau for 1st rounder + rookie contract like Waiters

blow it up...& Rebuild while kobe sells tickets next 2 years

Lakers91
12-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Dammit :( , one of the more annoying and frustrating things with an achilles injury and tear is the effect it can have on other parts of the leg, although this could be totally unrelated from experience I can say when your achilles is torn it certainly makes surrounding parts like the calves and potentially hamstrings weaker, it affects a lot more than just the initial injury itself. I hope this is just an unrelated injury and he comes back with no more injury problems.

Lakers91
12-19-2013, 10:05 PM
:cheers: ......and Great that you are posting more!!!

What can I say first university year is over so filling in time during the holidays haha :oldlol:

gts
12-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Dammit :( , one of the more annoying and frustrating things with an achilles injury and tear is the effect it can have on other parts of the leg, although this could be totally unrelated from experience I can say when your achilles is torn it certainly makes surrounding parts like the calves and potentially hamstrings weaker, it affects a lot more than just the initial injury itself. I hope this is just an unrelated injury and he comes back with no more injury problems.

Dr. on the radio this afternoon said it's not related.. Common injury that occurs when you hyper extend a knee from contact or when while your foot is planted and doesn't slide.. Not a time thing or out of shape thing or age thing... just one of those thing that happen...

also said it's not a bad injury for a knee most of the time no surgery is needed, there's no ligaments involved, only in extremely aged people is it a problem and usually the problems result because of other health problems... just a few weeks of healing

he said they used to call it "bumper knee" because the most common place you see it happen is when people would bang into something at the right height (like a car bumper) bang into it and hyper extend the knee...

Lakers91
12-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Dr. on the radio this afternoon said it's not related.. Common injury that occurs when you hyper extend a knee from contact or when while your foot is planted and doesn't slide.. Not a time thing or out of shape thing or age thing... just one of those thing that happen...

also said it's not a bad injury for a knee most of the time no surgery is needed, there's no ligaments involved, only in extremely aged people is it a problem and usually the problems result because of other health problems... just a few weeks of healing

he said they used to call it "bumper knee" because the most common place you see it happen is when people would bang into something at the right height (like a car bumper) bang into it and hyper extend the knee...

Thank you for the quick reply, interesting, good news then that it isn't related, was afraid there might be ligaments or something involved, with that information probably no major repercussions once he recovers given he's a professional athlete haha

gts
12-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Thank you for the quick reply, interesting, good news then that it isn't related, was afraid there might be ligaments or something involved, with that information probably no major repercussions once he recovers given he's a professional athlete haha

Np

and yet here was Kobe Bryant on Thursday afternoon making clear his belief on those who'd dare doubt his resolve again. "Only an idiot would," Bryant told Yahoo Sports.

Lakers91
12-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Np

and yet here was Kobe Bryant on Thursday afternoon making clear his belief on those who'd dare doubt his resolve again. "Only an idiot would," Bryant told Yahoo Sports.

I certainly wouldn't doubt his resolve...just maybe the human physical ability to match his mental will/determination haha

tamaraw08
12-20-2013, 01:53 AM
I agree with DK, really good post.
I was impressed with the Pistons who won in 2004(?) The team was so balanced that there was not clear cut main guy....ok Billups..maybe but the defense of Prince and the offense of Wallace was very hard to ignore.
When Dallas won it all, Dirk couldn't have done it by himself without Kidd getting hot too.

Lakers91
12-20-2013, 02:24 AM
I agree with DK, really good post.
I was impressed with the Pistons who won in 2004(?) The team was so balanced that there was not clear cut main guy....ok Billups..maybe but the defense of Prince and the offense of Wallace was very hard to ignore.
When Dallas won it all, Dirk couldn't have done it by himself without Kidd getting hot too.

I still find the Pistons of 04-05 extremely impressive, offensively yeah Billups was the leader but when you look at it over a season Billups averaged 17 or 18, it truly was a combined overall effort, some great defense and they all got hot at the right time I suppose but saying that kind of undervalued how balanced and well put that team was (maybe could have been a dynasty had they had drafted someone instead of Darko haha), Prince's defense in his prime was extremely good last year he was still a decent defender (well with age no one stays a good defender for too long but decent for his age), there was no one who was I suppose terrible on the defensive end for the Pistons (or those that were, were covered quite well by the defensive schemes and rotations). Helped having a great defensive anchor in Ben Wallace haha, was just a very well put together team. I think the Mavericks vs the Heat it was kind of underrated how good their team defense was, I mean when you looked at the team it was kind of similar to the Pistons, those that were average defensively (Dirk) played decent defense and the rotations made up for it, they made LeBron a jump shooter, Marion great defense and spot up shooting, Kidd the older statesman floor general and Chandler the defensive anchor, it was quite similar except Dirk was clearly the best player on the team and offensively was amazing even for Dirk but he couldn't have won without the team having great defense and heating up either. You win as a team although you get a ring each that championship at the end of the day does not say on that banner "NBA Champion 2002: Shaq" or "2009 NBA champion Kobe" it says Champions the Lakers, you may have a star player and that's great but you win as a team and the importance of role players is often underrated. I'm sad the Kings team never won a title (even if the Lakers kind of got one at their expense haha) that team was quite even, Stojakovic, Bibby, Divac, Webber and maybe Turkoglu think he was there at the time as well but wasn't that good just remember him haha, was a well rounded team that could have went close to winning it all.

DKLaker
12-20-2013, 12:18 PM
I certainly wouldn't doubt his resolve...just maybe the human physical ability to match his mental will/determination haha

Ditto

Lakers91
12-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Ditto

I don't want to mean by that, that he's not physically strong just that I can't just say I won't say "nope you can definitely come back you will be fine" based on him being Kobe Bryant he still bleeds, he's still mortal, he's exceptionally more gifted than most and has huge determination but he's still human, humans can only physically push so far for so long no matter who they are whether it's Kobe, or LeBron a physical phenom but he won't be like it forever, Wilt Chamberlain the greatest athlete in NBA history after a knee injury although times change but it's an example none the less, McGrady, Hill etc although they had more injuries it just shows that no matter the determination and talent you are still human and you can break down and not be able to recover I hope Kobe isn't at the point I don't think he is but it's not a foregone conclusion he'll ever be the same in my opinion.

tamaraw08
12-23-2013, 08:04 PM
honestly i would blow up as much as we can

Hill for 1st round pick
Blake for the same
Pau for 1st rounder + rookie contract like Waiters

blow it up...& Rebuild while kobe sells tickets next 2 years

I understand trading Hill since it seems to me that MDA don't want to play him long mins anyway but I just don't understand why they should blow the team up for the sake of doing it.
I like some pieces that can help the team's cause for the next few years.
Yes, Blake is getting old but I think they can develop the other players.
Hire a shooting coach for Wesley Johnson. Meeks is fine as a back up SG IMO, SAME with Farmar and Henry. They are not great players but good enough role players.
Having some fine young athletes are good too, but why let go of guys who can help too. :confusedshrug:

$LakerGold
12-23-2013, 09:49 PM
LINK (http://www.lakersnation.com/video-charles-barkley-thinks-lakers-should-shut-down-kobe-bryant/2013/12/23/)
Full Video: http://youtu.be/2slCpx6u8hw

One of the Lakers biggest critics, Charles Barkley of Inside the NBA on TNT, weighed in on whether or not Bryant should play again this season on the heals of another significant injury. It was Barkley who recently said the Lakers “will stink” with our without the 35-year-old veteran guard and voiced his opinion that he shouldn’t play again this season.

bladefd
12-24-2013, 12:23 AM
Barkley is right. It's over. Shut Kobe down for the year. It is time to rebuild..

1) Lets just build for next season with a mid-range draft pick. 8th seed and first-round exit does not help because you get crap draft pick and still lose. You want to miss playoffs.

2) I would try to trade Gasol before February also. I don't know who I would get for Gasol, but it has to be a potential star in their 20s.

3) We already have some young pieces that will be great off the bench next year (mainly Young, Farmar, Henry, Meeks, Hill - others are expendable). I would re-sign them over the summer.

4) Nash's days are over. Trade him or use the stretch provision

$LakerGold
12-24-2013, 01:17 AM
It feels like 2005 again. We're gonna have to go through some Kwame Brown's & Smushie's. Although, Shaq was my favoritte player back then .. So yall know how it is. lol

#rebuild!!!!!!!!

$LakerGold
12-24-2013, 01:20 AM
I think in about a year or so, they're going to fire MDA. Ideal roster would be something similar to 09 w/ Ariza. We'll be stuck with Beasley if that ever happens. Just saying.

BallsOut
12-24-2013, 02:16 AM
Barkley is right. It's over. Shut Kobe down for the year. It is time to rebuild..

1) Lets just build for next season with a mid-range draft pick. 8th seed and first-round exit does not help because you get crap draft pick and still lose. You want to miss playoffs.

2) I would try to trade Gasol before February also. I don't know who I would get for Gasol, but it has to be a potential star in their 20s.

3) We already have some young pieces that will be great off the bench next year (mainly Young, Farmar, Henry, Meeks, Hill - others are expendable). I would re-sign them over the summer.

Fk Meeks. Dude is just in a contract year. He still reverts to making those bone headed plays he's been doing all of last year. Can't run a 3 on 2 fast break properly, gets stuffed a lot when he drives and just gives you the :wtf: look after every foul he commits. I can't stand this guy. He's just thriving now as a volume shooter. He's not getting his shots when Kobe comes back so I think he's definitely expendable.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-24-2013, 02:43 AM

Nobody is touching Steve Nash... He is just stealing money from lakers... Retire already.. I know i know...nash is hardworking good guy...blah blah blah but he has to go....

Trade gasol & his lazy no defense/no rebounding ass to somebody...i am ready to take Larry Sanders from the bucks & hid 11mil contract...

Kobe did what he had to....got fat contract.... Let him sell tickets while we rebuild the right way....

Trade everybody on this roster to get a pick in next yrs draft...Jhill....wes Johnson..X henry...blake

Only keep farmar & Nick young... Have a fire sell otherwise

$LakerGold
12-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Thread merged.

Lakers91
12-24-2013, 08:30 AM
I think in about a year or so, they're going to fire MDA. Ideal roster would be something similar to 09 w/ Ariza. We'll be stuck with Beasley if that ever happens. Just saying.

I'm worried if they do at the trajectory of the coaching decisions, Mike Brown I was skeptical of and still am, think his offense for drawing up plays for bigmen can be okay but it's basically on Irving pretty much like a wave haha give to Irving and everyone else spread like the plague and let him do what he wants, D'Antoni's I'm hyper critical of and not to mention as Ive posted otherwise I can't stand him :oldlol: despite not having met him, I'm worried with the past skipping of Adelman, Shaw, Jackson potentially again who will be the next coach, I've said before I'd like Hollins, would that be a good move I think it would, he likes using the big men maybe it wouldn't work only having Gasol as a consistent big man threat it wouldn't be ideal but I think he could work well with the current roster but that's just me. I think if they are going to get rid of D'Antoni it will be at the end of this season bring in a new coach so he can have a full preseason otherwise will be for the 3 years, if they want to get Melo they must get rid of him, Melo will not sign with D'Antoni at the helm and with the way the Knicks are playing and reading between the lines he's a possibility/could be tempted. I don't think you could shut down Kobe he would almost refuse to stay down in my opinion, he would miss the game too much I reckon being out for so many months even no training would have had him so angry and frustrated let alone him being able to play and being told he can't, I think he should for awhile only play 20 minutes maximum, 15-20 I think for a fair few games back anything more is going to be overloading with the current injury and the achilles from last year and it's flowing effects on the rest of the lower leg.

DKLaker
12-24-2013, 03:12 PM
I understand trading Hill since it seems to me that MDA don't want to play him long mins anyway but I just don't understand why they should blow the team up for the sake of doing it.
I like some pieces that can help the team's cause for the next few years.
Yes, Blake is getting old but I think they can develop the other players.
Hire a shooting coach for Wesley Johnson. Meeks is fine as a back up SG IMO, SAME with Farmar and Henry. They are not great players but good enough role players.
Having some fine young athletes are good too, but why let go of guys who can help too. :confusedshrug:

Again.....to trade Hill would mean you are committing to 'Antoni beyond this season. It would be idiotic to trade him and then hire a coach who would love to have him/ know how to use him. What a failure that would be...right?
(BTW idiotic meaning management, not in any way referring to any of us) :cheers:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-25-2013, 02:04 AM

U forgot the mosg important part their tam: lakers 1st then Kobe fan..

Stats r ok for the geeks @ESPN.. Henry abbortion, the grizz vp.. & all of the stat junkies... But if u have watched basketball long enough u can tell bb stats carry wieght but not to chips...
I guess a coach like dklaker would agree with me on this 1

Fedor - Laker
12-25-2013, 02:52 AM
When will you idiots realize that Kobe was extended so he can put asses on the seats.

You think people will pay to see Gasol play merry go round and Meeks as a starter :lol

longtime lurker
12-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Lakers don't need to sit Kobe for the season if he can play he should be on the court. What they need to do is let him take 8 weeks off to get into playing shape then cap his minutes at 25 and give him games off. No reason Kobe should be playing over 35 minutes when the Lakers are ridiculously deep on the wings.

Lakers91
12-27-2013, 06:15 AM
Although this could and I suspect will be merged with the Kobe return thread I kind of just wanted to create a thread :lol (sorry if this isn't worth it's own thread, so mods will probably merge it lol) , after reading a number of sports articles I thought I would create a thread to get the opinion from supporters/fans of the Lakers and Kobe fans irrelevant of the contract status whether you agree disagree or whatever, this is more so do people believe Kobe Bryant will ever be the dominant superstar on court player again?

There is obviously a case that he will, that he the year before doing his achilles he was in great form with some of his best stats FG % wise, scoring wise and assists wise (career high in assists average at 6 I believe), that his mindset mentality and sheer desire of will is superior to most in sports with his sheer will and determination and self belief. Bryant also seemed very confident although as he always is on his return he said he felt like he could still do everything he once could before his injury, he's probably one of the most endured players in sports in terms of both avoiding injuries in the past prior to his achilles and also the amount of minutes without missing that much time and also having the ability to play through a number of injuries he could have easily have taken time off for. Kobe's game though has not always relied on explosiveness his first step has always been deadly but he does have a great mid range jumper and can be a good 3 point shooter and as a guard has a solid post game against other guards and he has shown he can adapt, so maybe it will not effect him as much as others who rely on explosiveness/athleticism more. His superstardom if you asked him didn't end with his achilles injury and I'm sure he'd tell you he will be back stronger than ever if someone asked because of the mindset he has.

On the flip side of the coin (yes this will be a long thread or post:D ) the argument he will return to form seems more so based on Kobe Bryants will and determination not on factual evidence, Kobe saying that only an idiot would bet against him that is not factual evidence, it is not logic it is sheer will and strength of mind that most say he will be back to his dominant best. The only player to have successfully came back in the NBA (I can think of other sport examples non NBA but will stick to the NBA for now) that have came back successfully would be the main example of Nique Wilkins he still wasn't quite the same either, Kobe had already logged 17 years of mileage or so before the injury, he is not only in age at 35 but also in the amount of years played straight out of high school quite old. In his return it showed that he was very rusty which is clearly to be expected but he certainly did not look as quick and his first step was not nearly as effective, was this just rust or is that first quick step and ability to go past defenders gone? Is the fact that Kobe is special, Kobe is Kobe just more blind loyalty from us Laker fans and Kobe fans also that he will return to being dominant rather than if it had been anyone but Kobe?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3178860/

Apologies for the long post but I thought if I was going to post something like this I might as well go the whole way, I think I've posted both sides of the argument and would like to ask what others think? I'm generally a more logical and analytical person and I think Kobe could come good but I don't think he will ever be as good as he once was and I don't think he will be a superstar again, logic>faith and although Kobe has stronger faith than anyone I can't just ignore the logic of the situation and write off an achilles injury and now a leg injury just on him being Kobe I'm sorry. What does everyone else think both after his return and now a new injury? Feel free to refute or however you like or will this is of course just my personal opinion and wanting to get other peoples views.

tamaraw08
12-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Again.....to trade Hill would mean you are committing to 'Antoni beyond this season. It would be idiotic to trade him and then hire a coach who would love to have him/ know how to use him. What a failure that would be...right?
(BTW idiotic meaning management, not in any way referring to any of us) :cheers:
But you, DD24 and other posters here are so loud and adamant that this season is meaningless etc and the coming draft is LOADED with talent.
I like to keep Hill, I actually would love for him to play about 30 mins or more, but if DD24 and you are right about the incoming rookies..these guys will have rookie contracts, you also can use that 3.5 mil Hill is getting to sign cheap FAs.

DKLaker
12-27-2013, 12:18 PM
But you, DD24 and other posters here are so loud and adamant that this season is meaningless etc and the coming draft is LOADED with talent.
I like to keep Hill, I actually would love for him to play about 30 mins or more, but if DD24 and you are right about the incoming rookies..these guys will have rookie contracts, you also can use that 3.5 mil Hill is getting to sign cheap FAs.

Hill's value goes well beyond his $$$, he hustles, and with the right coach who believes in hustle and defense, he could be a positive influence on young players.....and old players. (Hell, if any of you follow baseball, look at how the all-out hustle every play of Yasiel Puig sparked the Dodgers.) You seriously need that on any team....are your Cheap Free Agents going to provide that???

$LakerGold
12-27-2013, 12:54 PM
It's great to have young promising prospects from the draft, but Jordan Hill has already proven his capability. If someone was to get traded, I think it shouldn't be Jordan Hill. If he is just coached the right way & play big minutes, I think he can be a 10/10 type of player.

http://i.imgur.com/eGfKuXl.png
^We will see a lot of this (red boxed), if played more than 30 minutes.

Take the gamble by trading/signing someone else, but don't include him in it. Pringles is just really stubborn. I'm really starting to hate him as a coach. I will be really baffled if Jim Buss gives in to making this team around Pringles's system.

gts
12-27-2013, 01:40 PM
You can't play Hill tons of minutes he wears down and gets injured. Look at games played. he has one season you could say was a full season at 72 games and that season he averaged 15 mpg.

His games played in a season are 47, 72, 39, and 29 this season... His injury report is a mile long for a guy whose never logged major minutes. and very rarely as a starter.

Hip surgery last year, ankle issues sore knees early on... get the minutes you can get out of him by using him when you need him and not playing him when he doesn't match up well.

He's a hustle player which is great but broken down hustle players are no good to anybody, they just take up space

tamaraw08
12-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Hill's value goes well beyond his $$$, he hustles, and with the right coach who believes in hustle and defense, he could be a positive influence on young players.....and old players. (Hell, if any of you follow baseball, look at how the all-out hustle every play of Yasiel Puig sparked the Dodgers.) You seriously need that on any team....are your Cheap Free Agents going to provide that???

If you look at my other points from other threads,I said I wanted Hill to play longer minutes but yes, I did say I "understand" if they trade him cuz he's not getting used properly anyway, I didn't say I obsessed in getting rid of him, but I was actually replying to Lakerskobefan's postion to BLOW UP THE TEAM, which you btw, you chose to ignore. :rant
What, you're tired arguing with him:confusedshrug: you just point to one little nugget of what I said?:rolleyes:
Going back to your question about cheap hustlers.
I like Farried, Pyscho T. Again, DD24 and some other posters here are so convinced there's great talent in the coming draft.
Like you and I, Im sure they notice Hill's value too, and for sure they can use him better...

Lakers91
12-28-2013, 03:49 AM
You can't play Hill tons of minutes he wears down and gets injured. Look at games played. he has one season you could say was a full season at 72 games and that season he averaged 15 mpg.

His games played in a season are 47, 72, 39, and 29 this season... His injury report is a mile long for a guy whose never logged major minutes. and very rarely as a starter.

Hip surgery last year, ankle issues sore knees early on... get the minutes you can get out of him by using him when you need him and not playing him when he doesn't match up well.

He's a hustle player which is great but broken down hustle players are no good to anybody, they just take up space

Good point, he doesn't have a great injury history/record given he hasn't really played that many minutes for a high first round draft pick or at all, bounced around from team to team a bit and has never had major minutes that I can recall. If he is injured or has injury niggles there goes his physicality which is his main benefit or the reason you have him on the team for his physical nature, bruising style and hustle if his injury problems continue it's a problem and I hope they don't, it's dangerous to play him 30+ minutes but I'd like to see him play around 20 which I think he might be about averaging this season 20-25 is decent but anymore on a consistent basis and your overloading for someone that seems to have continuous but unrelated injury problems. If he didn't have injury problems he'd certainly deserve more minutes possibly but overload him for too much then he will eventually break down in all likelihood.

mr sax
12-28-2013, 04:23 AM
Hopefully Kobe doesn't catch the injury bug for the end of his career. It's tough seeing him like this. It's better for the Lakers though. They really need a lottery pick this season. Kobe being out more helps that.

Lakers were 6 and 2 and were really jelling in the 8 games before Kobe showed up. They're 2 and 8 since. They did not call him "Chemistry Killer" his entire career for nothing.

Expect more of the same for the next 2 and a half seasons as Kobe goes in and out of the lineup with various injuries. Unless he has the decency to retire earlier, which he does not.

dd24
12-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Lakers were 6 and 2 and were really jelling in the 8 games before Kobe showed up. They're 2 and 8 since. They did not call him "Chemistry Killer" his entire career for nothing.

Expect more of the same for the next 2 and a half seasons as Kobe goes in and out of the lineup with various injuries. Unless he has the decency to retire earlier, which he does not.

Kobe wasn't quite himself yet either though. There's more to do with it than just chemistry in that situation. Anyway around it, whatever the Lakers can do to get a higher lottery pick is the only thing that has a chance of turning things around in a hurry.

DKLaker
12-28-2013, 04:00 PM
If you look at my other points from other threads,I said I wanted Hill to play longer minutes but yes, I did say I "understand" if they trade him cuz he's not getting used properly anyway, I didn't say I obsessed in getting rid of him, but I was actually replying to Lakerskobefan's postion to BLOW UP THE TEAM, which you btw, you chose to ignore. :rant
What, you're tired arguing with him:confusedshrug: you just point to one little nugget of what I said?:rolleyes:
Going back to your question about cheap hustlers.
I like Farried, Pyscho T. Again, DD24 and some other posters here are so convinced there's great talent in the coming draft.
Like you and I, Im sure they notice Hill's value too, and for sure they can use him better...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Please tell me that you're not serious :oldlol:
My opinions are most certainly not the word of God, and I do not read every post nor do I reply to every post. I don't get why you are upset that I didn't reply to another person? Is that my JOB? I'm quite positive that Lakerskobefan doesn't care if I reply or not :roll: My reply wouldn't make nor ruin his day.

For the record, I understand his angle of blowing it up, multiple 1st round picks, better than I do yours of just trading Hill. Not that his is the route I want to go, I just understand that it is something reasonable.

At the time I was thinking about all the opinions months ago that we should Amnesty Kobe and how that is not looking so dumb now. He could've sat out the year and re-signed with us after the season I believe.
I always consider other viewpoints and even reflect on them after history reveals other possibilities......so yeah, Amnesty doesn't look so bad at the moment. Would've saved the team major $$$$$.

This is just basketball talk bro, don't take it so seriously :cheers:

$LakerGold
12-29-2013, 05:30 AM
Thread Merged. :D

Lakers91
12-29-2013, 06:52 AM
Thread Merged. :D

I knew it I have psychic powers afterall :biggums:

tamaraw08
12-30-2013, 06:32 PM
It feels like 2005 again. We're gonna have to go through some Kwame Brown's & Smushie's. Although, Shaq was my favoritte player back then .. So yall know how it is. lol

#rebuild!!!!!!!!
It's actually more like 2004-05.
2005 with Phil, even with Smush and Kwame, Lakers went to the playoffs.
2004-05, Under Rudy T (won 2 rings with the great Hakeem), almost the same as MDA, who did pretty well with ONE superstar Nash, as in both coaches NEVER PROVED that they can do well with other great players.
both years Kobe got hurt.
Various injuries to other key players.
will most likely miss the playoffs.

$LakerGold
05-28-2014, 06:55 AM
Kobe Bryant Praises Steve Nash On How He Plays The Game

Link: HERE (http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-bryant-praises-steve-nash-on-how-he-plays-the-game/2014/05/25/)

“He brought back basketball the way it’s supposed to be played, like when Bird was a player and when Magic was a player.”

lakerfreak
05-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Kobe Bryant Praises Steve Nash On How He Plays The Game

Link: HERE (http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-bryant-praises-steve-nash-on-how-he-plays-the-game/2014/05/25/)

And this is why Kobe won't ever be a good GM.

D-Rose
05-28-2014, 04:19 PM
What do you mean exactly? Nash is one of the best PG of all time...all the praise is legitimate and deserved.

DKLaker
05-29-2014, 12:57 AM

??????????????????????????????????????????

lakerfreak
05-29-2014, 03:33 PM
What do you mean exactly? Nash is one of the best PG of all time...all the praise is legitimate and deserved.

Yes, his past is undeniably great, legendary, nothing short of success, whatever.

But I am looking at Kobe's comments from a different angle. Is this his way of rebelling against the front office again? Is this his way of wanting to win, ON HIS TERMS again?

He keeps backing the ineffective by bringing up past contributions. I don't like it one bit. For those of you who remember, I called it that one season when he said he was "closer to being a bull than most people think". I talked about the inappropriateness of those comments and how he would demand a trade later, and nobody believed me, but then he did, every single day for a month.

When he starts speaking like this, I get extremely uncomfortable.

D-Rose
05-29-2014, 03:37 PM
Yes, his past is undeniably great, legendary, nothing short of success, whatever.

But I am looking at Kobe's comments from a different angle. Is this his way of rebelling against the front office again? Is this his way of wanting to win, ON HIS TERMS again?

He keeps backing the ineffective by bringing up past contributions. I don't like it one bit. For those of you who remember, I called it that one season when he said he was "closer to being a bull than most people think". I talked about the inappropriateness of those comments and how he would demand a trade later, and nobody believed me, but then he did, every single day for a month.

I didn't take it as having ANYTHING to do with that...I took it as him paying homage to his teammate who is clearly an all time great. It was for a documentary on Nash, so of course it will deal with his entire career.

D-Rose
05-29-2014, 03:39 PM
On a side note...we haven't seen Kobe in the playoffs since the 2012 series against OKC...over TWO YEARS ago...that's crazy and so bizarre. I really miss the 08-10 run.

dd24
05-29-2014, 04:34 PM

The thing is, he was actually going to be a Piston, not a Bull.

GimmeThat
05-29-2014, 04:37 PM

Wait, we traded Nash away? When did that happen?

lakerfreak
05-29-2014, 05:15 PM
I didn't take it as having ANYTHING to do with that...I took it as him paying homage to his teammate who is clearly an all time great. It was for a documentary on Nash, so of course it will deal with his entire career.

So what benefit was it to Kobe to say that? With Kobe, who learned from Phil and the mind games, What was Kobe really trying to say?

DKLaker
05-30-2014, 02:56 PM
So what benefit was it to Kobe to say that? With Kobe, who learned from Phil and the mind games, What was Kobe really trying to say?

What do you think he should say on a Nash documentary?
Do you actually think he should say a single negative thing.....and can you imagine the public backlash if he did say something bad?
Lighten up bro, you are way too serious about this......much ado about nothing.

dd24
05-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Do you actually think he should say a single negative thing.....and can you imagine the public backlash if he did say something bad?
I was thinking the same thing. There's no way he could get away with saying something negative. It's not like we're talking about Smush Parker here. Kobe doesn't even talk bad about Shaq anymore, lol. He wouldn't say anything bad about Pau. I don't think he'd even say anything bad about Artest. There's no mind games here. I would bet if he was asked who deserved the MVP's more him or Nash he would answer himself, but I don't even find that controversial.

D-Rose
05-30-2014, 03:37 PM
Steve is probably a friend, and is a teammate/draft class mate. They have been colleague for 19 years. There' lots of respect and of course tremendous competitiveness from those 06/07 series. There is NOTHING negative to say about Steve Nash, who is a consummate professional and all around classy man.

lakerfreak
05-30-2014, 07:26 PM

Thats exactly what was said the last time. I don't mind. Im wrong and right 50% of the time each.

I just don't like it. I never get a good feeling on these.

$LakerGold
05-31-2014, 03:13 AM
Link: Here (http://www.lakersnation.com/kobe-bryant-jealous-of-tim-duncan-for-playing-with-same-great-coach/2014/05/30/)

“I’m jealous of Tim, playing for the same historically great coach for his entire career.”

Muh-ged.

$LakerGold
07-11-2014, 09:24 PM
I wanna hear Kobe's opinion about this..... this is the real waiting game. Lol

Speak up, Kobe.

crisoner
10-30-2014, 03:24 AM
Nash out for year....was looking forward to see him trying to come back

Randle out for year....was looking forward to see him develop

B Scott finally our coach....but he really doesn't have a team to coach

Linsanity........so far nothing to be Linsane about

Kobe.....will pass MJ this season. Good to see him playing again. Clearly not the same player of course.....just chucked his way to 30 pts tonight on a horrible FG%

Man times sure have changed...gunna be a long season

Lakers91
10-30-2014, 05:13 AM

Kobe.....will pass MJ this season. Good to see him playing again. Clearly not the same player of course.....just chucked his way to 30 pts tonight on a horrible FG%

Annoyingly probably won't be bad enough to get the pick back from Phoenix either, although could be that bad at this rate who knows. With the team compiled wasn't expecting that much else...Kobe's got free reign you can look at the team and think who's the second option...probably the best you've got is either Jeremy Lin or a washed up Boozer, most annoying thing is Randle getting injured to be honest :mad: ...it's pretty much last year except just not spending a portion of the year hoping the coach will be fired :oldlol:

dd24
10-30-2014, 05:07 PM
This team has less scoring options than the team did back with Smush at PG. Let Kobe chuck shots all he wants. This team wasn't even a playoff contender anyhow. I say just enjoy watching Kobe tear it up.

tamaraw08
10-30-2014, 07:31 PM
This team has less scoring options than the team did back with Smush at PG. Let Kobe chuck shots all he wants. This team wasn't even a playoff contender anyhow. I say just enjoy watching Kobe tear it up.

I was hoping they could emulate the Sixers back in 2000-03 Iverson took the most shots and averaged around 39-41% and yet that team played great defense even winning the ECF in 01.:(
The major difference was Iverson would attack, get to the line or his frontcourt teammates would collect his missed FGs for easy put backs.
I think of the Bulls the past 2 year without Rose how they were bad offensively but scrapped their way to very respectable record.
Byron Scott spoke about the importance of playing defense and yet I don't see it. :facepalm
It is the players? Did Mitch consulted him? How on earth did they sign a player like Xavier Henry who turned out to have nagging injuries?:rant Can't they find guys like Bruce Bowen who journeyed his way from Cal State Fullerton? a Bo Outlaw or someone like Udonis Haslem?
Heck draft a guy like Patrick Beverly... oh wait they did that :facepalm
:confusedshrug:
btw welcome back guys.
Crisoner, DD, etc, Bladfd, Freak etc where are you guys?

Mgamer20o0
10-30-2014, 08:12 PM

i guess kobe getting 20-30 a night and we end up with a lower enough record to get the 1-4 pick is about it. i was looking forward to randle as well.

TryToBeUnbias
10-30-2014, 11:59 PM
Hell of a hand to be dealt.

dd24
10-31-2014, 01:16 AM
I was hoping they could emulate the Sixers back in 2000-03 Iverson took the most shots and averaged around 39-41% and yet that team played great defense even winning the ECF in 01.:(
The major difference was Iverson would attack, get to the line or his frontcourt teammates would collect his missed FGs for easy put backs.
I think of the Bulls the past 2 year without Rose how they were bad offensively but scrapped their way to very respectable record.
Byron Scott spoke about the importance of playing defense and yet I don't see it. :facepalm
It is the players? Did Mitch consulted him? How on earth did they sign a player like Xavier Henry who turned out to have nagging injuries?:rant Can't they find guys like Bruce Bowen who journeyed his way from Cal State Fullerton? a Bo Outlaw or someone like Udonis Haslem?
Heck draft a guy like Patrick Beverly... oh wait they did that :facepalm
:confusedshrug:
btw welcome back guys.
Crisoner, DD, etc, Bladfd, Freak etc where are you guys?

Welcome back to you too. I checked the forums sometimes but there just wasn't anything to talk about for a while there. I'm glad the season has started back up. I don't see this team being like that Sixers team because like you said they were a very good defensive team. This Lakers team won't be good defensively. I think it's going to be a rough season for the Lakers. This is probably the worst roster Kobe has ever been on and now he's at the end of his career. It will be a struggle to get to 30 wins. That's why I think just developing some of the younger guys and trying to see if there's a diamond in the rough would be good for this season. Maybe there's one of them the Lakers will want to keep long term.

tamaraw08
10-31-2014, 09:59 AM
Welcome back to you too. I checked the forums sometimes but there just wasn't anything to talk about for a while there. I'm glad the season has started back up. I don't see this team being like that Sixers team because like you said they were a very good defensive team. This Lakers team won't be good defensively. I think it's going to be a rough season for the Lakers. This is probably the worst roster Kobe has ever been on and now he's at the end of his career. It will be a struggle to get to 30 wins. That's why I think just developing some of the younger guys and trying to see if there's a diamond in the rough would be good for this season. Maybe there's one of them the Lakers will want to keep long term.
But coaches find ways to motivate, dissect each players abilities. I think of Thibs coaching Korver, Snell and Bellinelli etc, these guys were not great defenders and yet improved under him. The problem is guys like KObe thinks playing better defense is about reaching in and trying to steal the ball but more often than not, he gets called for a foul. Many times he tries to intercept a pass but fails, so his man gets a free lane to attack....
I wish they can hire Cooper to tutor these guys now to stay infront of thier man.
About the current guys, I like Ed Davis, Hill and Price.

dd24
10-31-2014, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see those 3 get some minutes to see what they can do. Davis could be someone who develops into a solid role player.

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 10:39 PM
the team execs question

the players prayer

the fans ticket

I'm dubiased

crisoner
11-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Still around!!! Just read more then post now.

Glad to see all you guys on here still. We had a great decade....

I'm looking forward to next year already. Hope we can grab Rondo and LA!!!

LA in LA next year!!!

Da Kobester
11-10-2014, 10:16 PM
....of course we will why wouldn't he not? Kobe's the only hot ticket drama selling item this side of Hollywood, the team's roster was purposely designed this way with scrubs:eek: just so Kobe can surpass MJ's scoring record with ease and wouldn't be surprised if he make a run at Karl Malone's 2nd overall scoring record next year at this rate. We can all thank the FO for over paying 48 mil (2 years) to keep Kobe's mouth in check for lack of wins it's gonna be a insane drama repeat.:rolleyes:

DixieNourmous
11-17-2014, 02:27 AM
Raiders / Lakers fan :(

More problems than a blind man in a mine field.

Raider007
11-17-2014, 02:29 AM
Raiders / Lakers fan :(

More problems than a blind man in a mine field.

:facepalm

magic chiongson
11-17-2014, 03:35 PM
this season yes, but jahlil okafor and 2 max free agents by 2016 :rockon:

dd24
11-17-2014, 05:10 PM
this season yes, but jahlil okafor and 2 max free agents by 2016 :rockon:
Or Emmanual Mudiay or Karl-Anthony Towns.

magic chiongson
11-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Or Emmanual Mudiay or Karl-Anthony Towns.

works for me!

bladefd
11-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Chuckee Bryant a.k.a The Pale-faced Mamba doin' work trying to chuck the Lakers to a playoff-berth :lol :lol

dd24
01-16-2015, 07:10 PM
What's the point of sitting Kobe so much? It really makes this team unwatchable. The only reason I can see for it is the Lakers are truly trying to tank. I don't believe that Kobe is too sore to play. It wasn't that long ago he had fingers taped together so he could make it through a season lol. Kobe is taking it well. I think even if he is in the game they aren't going to win too many more. This roster is horrible.... one of the worst in the NBA.

tamaraw08
01-16-2015, 08:20 PM
What's the point of sitting Kobe so much? It really makes this team unwatchable. The only reason I can see for it is the Lakers are truly trying to tank. I don't believe that Kobe is too sore to play. It wasn't that long ago he had fingers taped together so he could make it through a season lol. Kobe is taking it well. I think even if he is in the game they aren't going to win too many more. This roster is horrible.... one of the worst in the NBA.

I understand your point esp if it's not back to back but I am more confused on why Byron is not using Clarkson at all. This guy is very athletic and playing him atleast 20 mins/game would help a ton esp for next year. Let him make the mistakes now and learn from it. Im not sure if this is roster is that horrible tho. Black, Davis, Hill, these guys are decent IMO.

ihatetimthomas
01-17-2015, 06:45 PM

Broken fingers don't compare to the injuries he had. A torn Achilles is among the worst injuries to have as a NBA player. Add to the mix a 36 year old who has broken leg and a substantial amount of time off and you get a broken down player. Personally, I think the rigors of the NBA has caught up to him. When you recover from injuries you compensate on the rest of the body so that causes problems. I don't think he can handle a full NBA season anymore

If he could go, I really don't think he would be sitting. Nothing he has done in the past tells me he would sit if he could go.

dd24
01-18-2015, 06:17 PM
That's why I'm confused. I feel like he could play but he's just being benched. I get that he's older now and there are other players who take of some games (like Duncan for example) but it just seems to me that they're sitting Kobe too much. I feel like they're really trying to tank this season. Which I don't have a problem with. The Lakers really really really need that top 5 pick. I just wish they would go about things differently.

ihatetimthomas
01-20-2015, 03:04 AM
We saw him when he was playing every game this year and it wasnt pretty. At times he was hurting the team. After that 8-30 game where he lost the game in Sac town, I think he realized he just simply cannot go like he used to. It was tough to watch, probably pretty embarrassing for him.

I really think they are preserving him for his final year, but I am sure they dont mind if that turns into a top 5 pick. So perhaps they are indirectly tanking. I personally am not a fan of tanking at all, but I understand this happens to be a unique situation as they only get their pick at top 5.

ihatetimthomas
01-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Torn rotator cuff for Bean. Man, his body really cant take the beating. I guess this makes the tank that much easier. I am not clear on recovery for this type of injury. I am guessing it will require surgery and extensive rehab. I however do not believe he will retire because of this. He has too much pride, I think he wants to end on the court, not in the operating room.

Now, I know I have said I dont like tanking, but now its time to move pieces who can get us picks in return. Im looking at guys like Jordan Hill, Ed Davis, Wes Johnson, etc. Guys who have shown they can play but may not be part of the future.

dd24
01-22-2015, 08:52 PM
I just heard that news too. I believe if you have a torn rotator cuff it requires surgery. I had a basketball injury last summer to my shoulder and the first thing I though was that's what it was. I went to the doctor and it wasn't that luckily. There were some other things that were partially torn and the doctor said it would heal on it's own. Now 6 months later I can still feel it but I'm able to use it again. The thing is it didn't really affect my jump shot. I was able to play quickly. I couldn't throw a football at all though. So I would think he could probably play basketball fairly soon but he'll be feeling it for a while. With the Lakers tanking I think if we see Kobe again it will be at the end of the season and it won't be very much.

gts
01-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Listening today on the radio sounds like it depends on the degree of the tear

slight tear he can start rehabbing once the pain is gone 3 to 8 weeks. surgery long down time but could be back at the end of the season

could be a blessing in disguise, his legs were dead and his stamina was crappy from missing so much time but it's hard to build the strength up trying to play an NBA schedule.. he can still work on his stamina and leg strength while he's recovering from the shoulder

He's had this injury before and came back fine as far as his shoulder was concerned... it's not a horrible injury just takes time if he wants to give it a go again

He could also say efff it, i'm done

ihatetimthomas
01-22-2015, 10:42 PM
I heard that too gts. Could be a relatively short time off if only partial tear. If it's full tear could be much longer. I think it's 6-8 weeks no movement followed by 4-6 months of rehab.

But has he had a torn rotator cuff? I am hearing a lot about a torn labrum but not the cuff. And I hear it's completely diff, you can't really play through a torn cuff like you can with a labrum.

I think at this point, it makes sense to shut it down for him. I do think he will return for his final season. But at least a plan for his minutes can be made. He got killed with the big minutes earlier in the season but I think he was really just gunning for MJ.

I just wonder with him about not playing for long periods of time. He was pretty rusty coming into the season and never really found consistency. Might be just age and injuries that will prevent him from ever being consistent again.

dd24
01-22-2015, 11:28 PM
I was getting labrum confused with rotator cuff..... two different thing for sure.

$LakerGold
01-22-2015, 11:55 PM
Get well soon, Bean.

magic chiongson
01-23-2015, 11:36 AM
all aboard!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m14/hootiehoo888/tank_zps4171be94.jpg

dd24
01-23-2015, 02:02 PM
Haha, the Lakers can't let the Knicks get Okafur that easily!!!:lol :oldlol:

ihatetimthomas
01-26-2015, 09:20 PM
can the lakers be anymore obvious in the absolute tanking? Clarkson, Ellington, kelly, hill and sacre?? I know I know the lakers have no one but jeez sacre starting 2 consecutive games is pretty comical lol. Lakers have a good chance at getting into bottom 3, which would guarantee a pick

$LakerGold
01-26-2015, 09:46 PM
It's Phil's great mind against the Lakers. This is really starting to get hilarious.

ihatetimthomas
01-28-2015, 07:35 PM
9 month recovery timetable. Longer than I thought but around the range for a full tear. This is going to be a tough one to come back from. No telling if or when he gets that full strength and range of motion on that shoulder.

Badazzwriter
02-04-2015, 07:08 PM
seems like its over for kobe, too many injuries took over him his career and it ultimately ended his career

$LakerGold
02-04-2015, 10:39 PM
Kobe, remember when you asked David Beckham about knowing when to end your career & he said "You'll know"?

Remember that:))

dd24
02-05-2015, 12:20 AM
I don't think he's done. He'll definitely play that contract out. What he may do is finally cut back on his minutes. I think he would probably like to have a scorer to defer to at this point in his career too. I really don't think he'll go out on an injury like this though.

$LakerGold
02-21-2015, 03:54 AM
I'm really bummed out right now. So, I read that Kobe's retiring next year?

.........I don't believe it, I don't wanna believe it, but, knowing Kobe, I truly believe that next season won't be his last. I mean, that's Kobe, the one who'd never give up. I don't believe that he'll retire, but, him talking about retiring is stuck in my head as a possibility.

dd24
02-21-2015, 03:58 AM
The last I read he was motivated to come back next season. He said something about the San Antonio Spurs being old and still getting it done so he can too. I can't remember where I saw that at though. I can't imagine he retires if his body can still do it next season.

$LakerGold
02-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Grantland Basketball Hour w/ guest host Kobe Bryant

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hvbio_2662hd

@dd24, the rumors aren't true. He isn't retiring next season which he stated in the show.

$LakerGold
05-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Mitch playing with my emotions. As soon as I read the article -- instant flashbacks. omfg

$LakerGold
06-28-2015, 02:09 AM
Bryant also said he once made a teammate cry.

"He was really, really bad," Bryant said. "I said, 'Dude, you might want to reconsider what your life purpose is. Maybe it's not this.' It came out that way. I was like, maybe 20 something years old. I don't know, really young."

Could he be talking about this player? Link (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/celesjo01.html)

dd24
06-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Could he be talking about this player? Link (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/celesjo01.html)
I don't know who it is, but I wish it was Smush lol.

$LakerGold
06-29-2015, 04:01 AM
I don't know who it is, but I wish it was Smush lol.
Lol me too.

crisoner
09-20-2016, 12:44 AM
Man...

I miss Kobe already. Bball will never be the same.

$LakerGold
12-19-2017, 03:16 AM
Fun game. Crushed to see Kobe leaving the game early. Left before OT.

#Ko8e24 Thank you!