PDA

View Full Version : What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

EveryManALion
11-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Lets assume Wade was not a "Heat Lifer" and they were going to trade him. What would be a good package back? Or equal trade? What is his worth.

nathanjizzle
11-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Lets assume Wade was not a "Heat Lifer" and they were going to trade him. What would be a good package back? Or equal trade? What is his worth.

i wouldnt trade jimmy butler for dwyane wade.

EveryManALion
11-21-2013, 01:25 PM

Why? Knees?

coin24
11-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Not a whole lot probably, he can't exactly be a teams main guy anymore playing once every 2 or 3 games..

RRR3
11-21-2013, 01:26 PM
More than Kobe.

Sarcastic
11-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Considering that he is injured, AND 100% does not want to leave Miami and will be a headache to his new team, not that much.

Mass Debator
11-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Kevin Martin + Kevin Love

for

D-Wade + Chris Bosh

gyu
11-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Deron Williams.

coin24
11-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Amare:lol

Dresta
11-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Kevin Martin + Kevin Love

for

D-Wade + Chris Bosh
This would make Minnesota a much better team. Shows the unreliable nature of stats tbh.

r15mohd
11-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Being that most of the South FL fanbase think Wade should remain a Heat his entire career, they're more than likely won't be any trade/package deal for him.

Riley will force him to opt out of that 5th year, restructure a 3-4 year deal worth $20-25 mil (if he's lucky) and then retire at 35 (i think that'll be his age). It will allow the Heat to sign another, quality, SG for some adequate funds to keep them in full title contention while Wade still helps from the bench/sometime starts.

aj1987
11-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Being that most of the South FL fanbase think Wade should remain a Heat his entire career, they're more than likely won't be any trade/package deal for him.

Riley will force him to opt out of that 5th year, restructure a 3-4 year deal worth $20-25 mil (if he's lucky) and then retire at 35 (i think that'll be his age). It will allow the Heat to sign another, quality, SG for some adequate funds to keep them in full title contention while Wade still helps from the bench/sometime starts.
You think Wade's going to sign a 4 year $25M deal? :oldlol:

Mass Debator
11-21-2013, 02:44 PM
This would make Minnesota a much better team. Shows the unreliable nature of stats tbh.
I think it'd make the Heat a bit better, but it'd drastically change the entire T-Wolves franchise.

Not sure how a Wade and Rubio pairing would work out though. They can't shoot threes for sht, but a Rubio and Bosh pairing would be pretty awesome with a cutting Wade. If they can pick up a Danny Granger for 2014, that'll be one hell of a team.

We all know it aint happening though...especially in MN.

iamgine
11-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Wade is old. I'd guess he has about 2-3 years of steady decline before taking a heavy plunge.

I'd say JJ Redick or George Hill is about equal trade considering the tradeoff between longevity and impact.

ispin69
11-21-2013, 03:07 PM
More than you can afford, pal.

If he doesn't contribute as much this year, I could see him opting out and taking less. Closer to 10mil a year like Duncan. The same for Bosh.

DMAVS41
11-21-2013, 03:13 PM
He's a better player than what the Heat could ever trade him for.

InfiniteBaskets
11-21-2013, 03:19 PM
If Wade were to opt out this year and the Heat offered him something like 8-10mil a year until he's 35, would any other team try to give him more money?

Sarcastic
11-21-2013, 03:34 PM
If Wade were to opt out this year and the Heat offered him something like 8-10mil a year until he's 35, would any other team try to give him more money?

Of course.

How often do players opt out in order to take LESS money?

Maybe Amar'e will opt out too, and take less money or retire.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Dresta
11-21-2013, 03:39 PM
I think it'd make the Heat a bit better, but it'd drastically change the entire T-Wolves franchise.

Not sure how a Wade and Rubio pairing would work out though. They can't shoot threes for sht, but a Rubio and Bosh pairing would be pretty awesome with a cutting Wade. If they can pick up a Danny Granger for 2014, that'll be one hell of a team.

We all know it aint happening though...especially in MN.
I don't think it would considering the Heat's offence is already spectacular, and that trade would destroy their defence. K-Love could never do what Bosh does for the Heat defensively, and i'd much rather have Wade than K-Mart in the playoffs, at both ends.

r15mohd
11-21-2013, 03:42 PM
You think Wade's going to sign a 4 year $25M deal? :oldlol:

he has 2 choices come next summer...force his 5th year and hamper the team with the $20mil option for the 2014-2015 season, or restructure his deal to play out the rest of his career in Miami and make about 6-8 mil over the next 3-4 years.

teams are going to basically match that, he's not really worth much more as it stands...is he gonna sacrifice his "Wade County" love for a couple mil over the contract years elsewhere? :confusedshrug:

you're a Wade follower, so of course you'd believe he's worth more...I'm a Miami Heat fan, and reality is he's not! We can do so much better by letting him walk next summer and signing reliable tallent...I'm all for that option because I want titles and don't care about a players loyalty or what have you. But again this "Wade County" love the locals preach with somehow trumps future solid attempts at titles, so I give Wade a benefit and offer him 6-8 mil over the remaining years of his career to stay in Miami. Take it or leave it

Mass Debator
11-21-2013, 03:44 PM
He's 32 in January so you're suggesting around 3 years 24-30 million? He makes like 20 million next year alone...and another 20 million after that. Makes no sense for him to opt out of his player option.

If he plays great in the playoffs while being healthy, I can easily see an "almost-there" team offer him 4 years 55-60 million. Pistons? Cavs? Trailblazers? Spurs? Grizzlies? Pelicans if they can move Gordon or Tyreke?

I believe his priority is to get healthy this year and show he can play at a high level for the next 3 years. It'll be easy for him to average 18/5/5 on 50% for the next 3 years with leadership intangibles.

ispin69
11-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Of course.

:facepalm Amare don't even have a player option. Wade isn't going to take less even though his value will depreciate with age and injuries? I bet you and other nut jobs still think Kobe can get a 30mil contract after this year with his age and injuries.

Their play and contributions make up their value, so no team is going to offer Wade 20m maybe 15m on a bad team. Then there's the choice whether he wants to stay or not and if he's willing to take less than what those bad teams will offer. It's not rocket science. If he doesn't opt out, there will be pressure on him to perform. If he fails like he has been, this team will try to trade him. Does he want that?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Of course.

He could opt out for a longer term smaller annual salary deal.

Dresta
11-21-2013, 04:02 PM
he has 2 choices come next summer...force his 5th year and hamper the team with the $20mil option for the 2014-2015 season, or restructure his deal to play out the rest of his career in Miami and make about 6-8 mil over the next 3-4 years.

teams are going to basically match that, he's not really worth much more as it stands...is he gonna sacrifice his "Wade County" love for a couple mil over the contract years elsewhere? :confusedshrug:

you're a Wade follower, so of course you'd believe he's worth more...I'm a Miami Heat fan, and reality is he's not! We can do so much better by letting him walk next summer and signing reliable tallent...I'm all for that option because I want titles and don't care about a players loyalty or what have you. But again this "Wade County" love the locals preach with somehow trumps future solid attempts at titles, so I give Wade a benefit and offer him 6-8 mil over the remaining years of his career to stay in Miami. Take it or leave it
:facepalm

He is not signing for 6 mil man, not in a million years.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-21-2013, 04:04 PM
More than Kobe.

always bringing kobe in conversation for wade/lebron

so insecure

Mass Debator
11-21-2013, 04:21 PM
:facepalm Amare don't even have a player option. Wade isn't going to take less even though his value will depreciate with age and injuries? I bet you and other nut jobs still think Kobe can get a 30mil contract after this year with his age and injuries.

Their play and contributions make up their value, so no team is going to offer Wade 20m maybe 15m on a bad team. Then there's the choice whether he wants to stay or not and if he's willing to take less than what those bad teams will offer. It's not rocket science. If he doesn't opt out, there will be pressure on him to perform. If he fails like he has been, this team will try to trade him. Does he want that?
If Wade wants to stay, Miami is stuck with D-Wade whether they like it or not. Why would any team trade for a 20 million dollar player whose heart and soul is in Miami? If anything, he'd try to help out the organization by taking $3-5 million less than what he's making now. That's the most anyone could expect him to do. No way is he going to play for $6-8 million when he's owed $20+ million. That's like asking Kobe to take $8 mil when he is owed $30 mil. It's not like Wade and Kobe are out there half-assing out there not caring. They still want to win. They earned the money. Do they deserve it at the very moment? Probably not.

I think the Heat trading Wade looks worse for them than it is to him. He's loyal and unselfish. It's not like he's a scrub. He's an 18-20 ppg player for the next 2-3 years. He'd probably be able to put up 15-16 ppg at age 36 if he is out there on the court. He'll probably reach father time before that though.

r15mohd
11-21-2013, 04:22 PM
:facepalm

He is not signing for 6 mil man, not in a million years.

He probably feels he

iDunk
11-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Amare & JR

#number6ix#
11-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Wes Matthews

TheMarkMadsen
11-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Not much only because he could just opt out after this season and then go sign with HEAT

r15mohd
11-21-2013, 04:33 PM
If Wade wants to stay, Miami is stuck with D-Wade whether they like it or not. Why would any team trade for a 20 million dollar player whose heart and soul is in Miami? If anything, he'd try to help out the organization by taking $3-5 million less than what he's making now. That's the most anyone could expect him to do. No way is he going to play for $6-8 million when he's owed $20+ million. That's like asking Kobe to take $8 mil when he is owed $30 mil. It's not like Wade and Kobe are out there half-assing out there not caring. They still want to win. They earned the money. Do they deserve it at the very moment? Probably not.

I think the Heat trading Wade looks worse for them than it is to him. He's loyal and unselfish. It's not like he's a scrub. He's an 18-20 ppg player for the next 2-3 years. He'd probably be able to put up 15-16 ppg at age 36 if he is out there on the court. He'll probably reach father time before that though.

well that's the thing...you have to put Wade in the corner with some threat to continue to make these title runs, he's the weakest link and owed too much money. Make him show his loyalty to the Heat org and Miami now...either restructure and help the team, and be in Miami until his career is over or just let him opt in to his 5th year selfishly for the cash and cut ties thereafter. Simple to me...either way, Miami wins in the long run just one better than the other

Dresta
11-21-2013, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=r15mohd]He probably feels he

r15mohd
11-21-2013, 04:56 PM
You're really thick. First, Kevin Martin doesn't play defence, and is a one-dimensional scorer. Second, the Heat have been saying Wade won't be properly healthy until December, and so they are working him back slowly, and with caution, because you know, they have the big picture in mind (Rashard Lewis had the same knee treatment and said it took 6 months to fully recover - supported by the fact he was shit last season, and has been very good so far this season). The T-Wolves don't have to worry about that because they are first-round fodder. Thirdly, K-Mart has been playing much better than he did the last 2 seasons, and if he'd been playing this well then, he'd be earning more money.

In short: you are full of

LMAO...I’m full of it yet you’re clearly supporting my argument in your response. Kevin Martin didn’t make anything because he didn’t perform prior years before, isn’t this what you’re indicating above?

exactly what is Wade doing now that’s so different than Kevin Martin before :confusedshrug:

you’re basing it off future hope that Wade recovers, right now he’s worth no more than $8mil over 3 years..if he breaks out and has 25ppg season (very unliekly) then he can say he deserves more, but over the past 3 years all he has done is decline. you can attest that by stats, PER, watching every game over n over, and what ever other criteria you would like to measure as well :facepalm

cos88
11-21-2013, 05:02 PM

this is why the bulls will not win a ring in our lifetime. idiotic fans and poor managment

Mass Debator
11-21-2013, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=r15mohd]LMAO...I

Sarcastic
11-21-2013, 05:39 PM
He could opt out for a longer term smaller annual salary deal.

Why would he do that, when he could just get that the following year after collecting his $20+ million next year?

InfiniteBaskets
11-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Why would he do that, when he could just get that the following year after collecting his $20+ million next year?

He could do that, but it's not unprecedented for a player to take less than market value. LeBron, Bosh, and Wade all took less than max money in 2010, with Wade taking the biggest paycut amongst the three. No one knows what may happen after this season, but right now it's looking like Wade will sit out at least 10% of all games. Bosh and LeBron are contributing, but they aren't stupid enough to believe that the supporting cast isn't needed for a ring.

Haslem, Beasley, Chalmers, Battier, Ray Allen, James Jones, Rashard Lewis, Birdman, Oden, and Roger Mason Jr are all hitting the market after this year. Wade would have to be out of his mind if he thinks the Heat can afford to lose 50% of those guys and still have a chance at competing for a title. Of course he can just keep opting in and trade cash over rings, but that wouldn't spill over well with LeBron and Bosh. Wade would put himself in a situation where he'd make $20M, but be surrounded by scrubs and retire in a Rashard Lewis / Vince Carter type of way.

What I think will happen is that LeBron, Wade and Bosh (maybe Haslem, Allen, and others as well) will sit down some time after this season's over and talk about how each guy wants to move forward from here. If the Heat win their third title in a row, they'll have a chance to do something that hasn't been done even by Jordan. It will be interesting for sure to see what happens.

Sarcastic
11-21-2013, 06:46 PM
He could do that, but it's not unprecedented for a player to take less than market value. LeBron, Bosh, and Wade all took less than max money in 2010, with Wade taking the biggest paycut amongst the three. No one knows what may happen after this season, but right now it's looking like Wade will sit out at least 10% of all games. Bosh and LeBron are contributing, but they aren't stupid enough to believe that the supporting cast isn't needed for a ring.

Haslem, Beasley, Chalmers, Battier, Ray Allen, James Jones, Rashard Lewis, Birdman, Oden, and Roger Mason Jr are all hitting the market after this year. Wade would have to be out of his mind if he thinks the Heat can afford to lose 50% of those guys and still have a chance at competing for a title. Of course he can just keep opting in and trade cash over rings, but that wouldn't spill over well with LeBron and Bosh. Wade would put himself in a situation where he'd make $20M, but be surrounded by scrubs and retire in a Rashard Lewis / Vince Carter type of way.

What I think will happen is that LeBron, Wade and Bosh (maybe Haslem, Allen, and others as well) will sit down some time after this season's over and talk about how each guy wants to move forward from here. If the Heat win their third title in a row, they'll have a chance to do something that hasn't been done even by Jordan. It will be interesting for sure to see what happens.

Players take less money, but they don't opt out of $20 million dollars for the good of the team.

At the end of the day these guys all play for money. That last year is likely Wade's last big pay check. There is no way he is giving that up. Neither is Bosh for that matter.

ispin69
11-21-2013, 07:28 PM
The fact is the 3 of them have player options. Wade wants to opt in and just take the money while not contributing as much? Lebron walks to Cleveland, Bosh signs with some other team. You think he wants that? Then the team becomes trash and front office entertain the thought trading him anyways.

If Beasley steps up and does play the way they want (6th man of the year type numbers), he should get a decent contract. The suns are still paying him from the buyout 4m this year and 3m next. But Heat still have to give him a decent contract. They can only do that if someone who hasn't been contributing as much takes a cut. Wade and Bosh struggled in the playoffs and certainly in the finals. What they do this season determines who should take the paycut because they have been slacking. Loyalty goes both ways. The player option they wanted was to allow them to re-evaluate the situation and if they still want to be on this team. Wade makes tons of money on his brand deals and commercials (tmobile) anyways.

GrapeApe
11-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Wade's value is obviously greater with the Heat than any other team. It would be impossible for the Heat to get equal value in a trade, but hypothetically he still has great value to any championship contender. He's a proven winner and big game performer who makes impact plays and can take over games.

SamuraiSWISH
11-21-2013, 08:27 PM
this is why the bulls will not win a ring in our lifetime. idiotic fans and poor managment
Our lifetime? I've seen them win 6 in 8 years. Yes, their management sucks, and is cheap. Our fans are extremely loyal, but often are delusional. But so are most fan bases of anything.

atljonesbro
11-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Jesus christ this forum is ****ing retarded. This hipster moron is proof.

KrizMiz
11-21-2013, 08:42 PM
More than Kobe.

this !

r15mohd
11-21-2013, 10:04 PM
If you were an owner and need to hire a worker, do you look at the person's resume for the past 5 years or do you look at what they did last year? What has K-mart done in the last 5 years to deserve to be in a position that Wade is in?

If you hire K-mart, you know he's a role player capable of hitting shots. If you hire D-Wade, you're hiring a proven winner who makes game changing plays. You're kidding yourself if you think the Heat would trade Wade for Martin straight up this year or even for the next 3 years. They would even have second thoughts of trading Ray Allen for him straight up right now. It's not even about stats half the time. 13 games in and Kevin Martin is averaging 23 points. He'll end up averaging 19/2/4 on 43% shooting and no defense. Good player and good fit on the T-Wolves, but he'll never have the same impact that Wade has in the locker room or on the hardwood.

Btw, Wade made like $3 million in his first championship year. He was underpaid then. Now being overpaid based on performance just evens things out. He deserves every penny because the Heat agreed to pay him. The only time I'll knock a player for his money is if he doesn't try anymore and is careless about winning. You can call him overpaid, but he's definitely earned it. If Wade is at the end of his contract and is asking for $20 mil, it'll be a different story.

Never did I say trade for Kevin Martin...I compared them based on salary and production, and please don't use past years resume as credit. This isn't an office position where it's mainly intelligence and calculated/educated risk factors making sound decisions, which only gets increasingly better with experience. This is a sport where the timeline of a players peak is limited, in DWade's case, cut short by injury and his style of play.

Two very, very different, scenarios :no:

As for him earning it, that's exactly what needs to be looked at...what is he doing to earn it? What does paying him more than $8 mil a year do to your franchise, much less the $20mil option? Hamper it as Wade will be underperforming and hurt more than he plays like he's being paid to do.

From Wades view, he surely wants that $20mil...but just as Miami took the chance on him, he has give a little if he stands by his loyalty words. Restructure your 5th yr and ensure your TEAM continues to compete for the Finals over the years. If he's selfish and takes the option next year, I personally don't resign him fir more than the vet minimum bcuz he preferred selfishness over overall greatness.

I'm cut throat on my views...as good as Wade WAS, it doesn't mean shit going forward if he can't contribute to the betterment of the organization, goes for every player too not just DWade.

gts
11-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Big salary, fair amount of miles on him. They won't get back value to the point that there's no reason to trade him because he's still going to be better than anything they get in return

G-train
11-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Wade's value is obviously greater with the Heat than any other team. It would be impossible for the Heat to get equal value in a trade, but hypothetically he still has great value to any championship contender. He's a proven winner and big game performer who makes impact plays and can take over games.

Exactly, depends on the team.

Dresta
11-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Jesus christ this forum is ****ing retarded. This hipster moron is proof.
Sorry, but how would having Wade and Bosh not make Min a better team than having Love and Martin? They are 7-6 for christ's sake.

'hipster'?

What the **** are you babbling about you cretinous piece of shit?

atljonesbro
11-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Sorry, but how would having Wade and Bosh not make Min a better team than having Love and Martin? They are 7-6 for christ's sake.

'hipster'?

What the **** are you babbling about you cretinous piece of shit?
BRB Chris Bosh's 19/5 he'll average>26/14/4 stats are 4 f@gs worse numbers by far>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BRB D-Wade being old and constantly injured averaging 16/5/5 will REALLY help them a lot. Much more than K-Mart's 24/4/3 and 47% from 3.

BRB stats mean nothing K-Love is a 2nd option empty stat monster. No stats matter, only defense has impact. Rebounding, scoring, passing, shooting 3's, NO impact. ONLY DEFENSE.

Dresta
11-22-2013, 12:38 AM
BRB Chris Bosh's 19/5 he'll average>26/14/4 stats are 4 f@gs worse numbers by far>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BRB D-Wade being old and constantly injured averaging 16/5/5 will REALLY help them a lot. Much more than K-Mart's 24/4/3 and 47% from 3.

BRB stats mean nothing K-Love is a 2nd option empty stat monster. No stats matter, only defense has impact. Rebounding, scoring, passing, shooting 3's, NO impact. ONLY DEFENSE.
Different circumstances, different teams. Bosh is playing 28mpg, and shooting 58%, but taking less than 10 shots.

Wade is cruising because health in the playoffs is the obvious priority, and this Heat team is very deep and winning comfortably without him (and without Bosh and Lebron playing in the 4th at all the last 3 games).

What is hard to understand about this? Why do morons like you only see stats and no context?

:hammerhead:

TonyMontana
11-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Wade has no value. He is terrible. He is a non-difference maker. Heat don't miss a beat without him and he isn't going to make any bad teams relevant.

People will still try and hype Wade up, but once you propose a trade to their team you will see that they wouldn't be willing to give up anyone but bad contracts and scrubs. :oldlol:

aj1987
11-22-2013, 01:30 AM

You must not really be a Miami fan, if you think the Heat or Riley are going to offer "6-8 mil" to Wade. When he's playing, he's still a 20/5/5 player. Joel Anthony is making $4M this season. Wade is worth a LOT more than that.

Dresta
11-22-2013, 01:56 AM
You must not really be a Miami fan, if you think the Heat or Riley are going to offer "6-8 mil" to Wade. When he's playing, he's still a 20/5/5 player. Joel Anthony is making $4M this season. Wade is worth a LOT more than that.
He's clearly a Lebron fan.

TheCorporation
11-22-2013, 03:19 AM

:lol

r15mohd
11-22-2013, 09:28 AM

i'm a Miami Heat fan, not a player fan...as you are. again you'll side with him making more because you're a Wade fan, and that's fine. he's declining (rather quickly), whether you accept it or not.

from a business aspect and ongoing title contention point of view, he's not worth it to me (definitely not over $8 mil a season). I'd rather grab some young and healthy mediocre-to-good SG, many are available this upcoming summer, and pay them that $8mil if Wade isn't on board with, and again I say, the TEAM's direction. Goal is to win titles, a hampering/declining Wade isn't reliable as he once was...at least not to where the Heat need that option to continue these runs.

for me, this is his last stint proving himself, he has to show up or it's basically the end of the line for him. These 1 in every 10 games spurts he has isn't cutting it anymore to say he's "worth it".

you don't have to like my view, but business is business...all I care about are parade's on Biscayne, players loyalty and past stints with the team mean very little if it isn't benefiting the organization today.

He's clearly a Lebron fan.

right! so bcuz I lay out some reality, I'm a Lebron stan

very typical responses you both have when someone disagrees with you. :rolleyes:

aj1987
11-22-2013, 09:40 AM
i'm a Miami Heat fan, not a player fan...as you are. again you'll side with him making more because you're a Wade fan, and that's fine. he's declining (rather quickly), whether you accept it or not.

from a business aspect and ongoing title contention point of view, he's not worth it to me (definitely not over $8 mil a season). I'd rather grab some young and healthy mediocre-to-good SG, many are available this upcoming summer, and pay them that $8mil if Wade isn't on board with, and again I say, the TEAM's direction. Goal is to win titles, a hampering/declining Wade isn't reliable as he once was...at least not to where the Heat need that option to continue these runs.

for me, this is his last stint proving himself, he has to show up or it's basically the end of the line for him. These 1 in every 10 games spurts he has isn't cutting it anymore to say he's "worth it".

you don't have to like my view, but business is business...all I care about are parade's on Biscayne, players loyalty and past stints with the team mean very little if it isn't benefiting the organization today.

For being a Miami "fan", you must've missed a good part of the season last year and the 2012 playoffs. Wade sucked during the first three rounds, but he did step up during the Finals. Once again, stop lying to yourself. You're not a Heat fan.
I am a huge Wade fan, but I'm also a fan of the team and I know how each player is performing. Wade is definitely worth more than 6-8. Even if I'm not a Heat fan and just a Wade stan, why would I want him to make more money? I's not like I'm getting a part of it.

FYI, Wade averaged 23/5.7/5.3/2/1 on 53% over a 41 game stretch last season.
He got injured during the end of the streak and hence he was trash during the first three rounds. He's definitely declining, but $6M for a 20/5/5 player? If those are your standards, Lebron should not be making more than $12M-$15M. Joel, Udonis, and Chalmers should be traded away (they're making $4M each).

The reason why he's not playing much this year is because we (Heat fans) need him for the playoffs.

r15mohd
11-22-2013, 10:27 AM
For being a Miami "fan", you must've missed a good part of the season last year and the 2012 playoffs. Wade sucked during the first three rounds, but he did step up during the Finals. Once again, stop lying to yourself. You're not a Heat fan.
I am a huge Wade fan, but I'm also a fan of the team and I know how each player is performing. Wade is definitely worth more than 6-8. Even if I'm not a Heat fan and just a Wade stan, why would I want him to make more money? I's not like I'm getting a part of it.

FYI, Wade averaged 23/5.7/5.3/2/1 on 53% over a 41 game stretch last season.
He got injured during the end of the streak and hence he was trash during the first three rounds. He's definitely declining, but $6M for a 20/5/5 player? If those are your standards, Lebron should not be making more than $12M-$15M. Joel, Udonis, and Chalmers should be traded away (they're making $4M each).

The reason why he's not playing much this year is because we (Heat fans) need him for the playoffs.

I'm not lying to myself...calling it as it is, I'm all about the organization first. Never tie emotion into the decision, that's where it goes wrong...and that's why all you can resort to is rebuttalling with "I'm not a true Heat fan" :facepalm

Wade is not serviceable for a full season, you clearly agree, yet you expect to pay him as he is (even more because he is declining?) You bring up stats over a 41-game stretch, arbitrary because it supports you paying him out his "worth". His agent will probably do the same thing too if the Heat try to restructure. What about the remainder of the season and his declining...it's showing more and more as time goes by...it's unfortunate for him because when he is on, he's great but that's few and far between for the team to rely on.

Don't get me wrong, understand your side completely but it is a business in the end and Wade can provide to the Heat squad when HEALTHY, but that isn't coming at the $20 mil a season he's scheduled to get and playing 40-games for the year, with the rest injured or needing rest. It's too risky and not beneficial for a downward sloping player from the organization's perspective, we can get more for the same figures or even less from another SG available this summer.

In the end, Wade will have no choice but to restructure...as much as he wants that $20 mil, Riley won't give it to him. If the Heat miss opportunities at the title, he'll be blamed for holding the organization at his will with the contract and inability to sign other players to fill his non-existence while he's injured (let's hope it doesn't come to this). Only deserving players of the option is Bosh and Lebron, they're in the grind day in/out for the team and should be rewarded for it...immmensely!

PJR
11-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Lol @ thinking Wade's is going to forego a 20 Million dollar option. Get real.

BoutPractice
11-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Wade has more value to the Heat than he would have for any other team, which is why he should stay there.

r15mohd
11-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Wade has more value to the Heat than he would have for any other team, which is why he should stay there.

he does benefit the Heat to a degree, but the strain is still left on Lebron mostly as Wade is missing majority of the time. Bosh is Bosh, consistent as always...but Lebron has to pick up his slack and hope the fillers Allen/Battier and now Beasley can continue to do this for Wade

as for the Heat's value...this is because he cant handle playing a regular season + playoffs in any given year for another team as the #1 option, his body just won't allow him to anymore.

again it's unfortunate, but that is the reality of DWade

aj1987
11-22-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm not lying to myself...calling it as it is, I'm all about the organization first. Never tie emotion into the decision, that's where it goes wrong...and that's why all you can resort to is rebuttalling with "I'm not a true Heat fan" :facepalm

Wade is not serviceable for a full season, you clearly agree, yet you expect to pay him as he is (even more because he is declining?) You bring up stats over a 41-game stretch, arbitrary because it supports you paying him out his "worth". His agent will probably do the same thing too if the Heat try to restructure. What about the remainder of the season and his declining...it's showing more and more as time goes by...it's unfortunate for him because when he is on, he's great but that's few and far between for the team to rely on.

Don't get me wrong, understand your side completely but it is a business in the end and Wade can provide to the Heat squad when HEALTHY, but that isn't coming at the $20 mil a season he's scheduled to get and playing 40-games for the year, with the rest injured or needing rest. It's too risky and not beneficial for a downward sloping player from the organization's perspective, we can get more for the same figures or even less from another SG available this summer.

In the end, Wade will have no choice but to restructure...as much as he wants that $20 mil, Riley won't give it to him. If the Heat miss opportunities at the title, he'll be blamed for holding the organization at his will with the contract and inability to sign other players to fill his non-existence while he's injured (let's hope it doesn't come to this). Only deserving players of the option is Bosh and Lebron, they're in the grind day in/out for the team and should be rewarded for it...immmensely!
I'm not saying he deserves $20M, but he definitely is worth more than $6M-$8M. I can see him signing a 4 year 45-50 deal.

Andrei89
11-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Wade is still a good player come playoff time.

There is nobody I would rather watch play ball than Dwyane Wade...

Go Heat!

r15mohd
11-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Wade is still a good player come playoff time.

There is nobody I would rather watch play ball than Dwyane Wade...

Go Heat!

yes, that 2-3 games during the playoffs are very exciting! :D

El Kabong
11-22-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm not saying he deserves $20M, but he definitely is worth more than $6M-$8M. I can see him signing a 4 year 45-50 deal.
Wade has 2 more years after this year on his current deal. He'll be 34 when he hits FA in 2016. It'd be crazy to give him a 4 year deal at that age. Give him a Manu Ginobilli or Boston Celtics offer to Ray Allen like deal at best, 2 years, $15-$16 million.

It's no real gain for him to opt out of the remaining 2 years, he's due another $40 million on his current deal, don't think he'd be happy making that same amount in 4 years instead of 2.

S13M
11-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Kendrick Perkins

VIntageNOvel
11-22-2013, 12:35 PM
he would be a great addition to contender team, maybe some 1st round pick + filler

but if this team: thunder, clippers, pacers, bulls get him, it would over for the heat

Dresta
11-22-2013, 04:07 PM
right! so bcuz I lay out some reality, I'm a Lebron stan

very typical responses you both have when someone disagrees with you. :rolleyes:
Just the rubbish you are coming out with is the sort of thing i would expect from someone who only started watching the Heat during the big-3 era.

r15mohd
11-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Just the rubbish you are coming out with is the sort of thing i would expect from someone who only started watching the Heat during the big-3 era.

I've been in south FL a lot longer than most people's age on here, can def tell you that much :D but really I've only been a Heat fan since the Mourning/Hardaway days, and surely solidified with the year Wade was drafted as I followed him in college somewhat.

ironic that I hate on Wade and his lack of play today, though I was a big supporter of his in the past but never the less, he's gonna have to show me something to change my mind in gifting him money he doesn't deserve :rant

r15mohd
11-22-2013, 04:27 PM
he would be a great addition to contender team, maybe some 1st round pick + filler

but if this team: thunder, clippers, pacers, bulls get him, it would over for the heat

would gladly work out a deal with some contending teams on this...

clippers-riddick and 1st rounder
pacers-stephenson and 1st rounder
bulls-butler and 1st rounder
thunder-thabo and 1st rounder

we come out just as good, if not better every time

RoTM
11-22-2013, 04:52 PM
10+ teams would happily throw 4/80 or more at Wade next year. JJ got it at 30 coming off 18/3/3. Also Bosh opts out and looks for a 5/100 extension easy. Anyone thinking those two take 10 so Bron can extend for the full max is delusional.

Lord Leoshes
11-22-2013, 05:33 PM
43 years old, & a heat fan since 1988.

The hate on wade couse of last years playoffs is absurd. Especially when he was tearing it up during that record breaking stretch. Obviously if someone is injured with knee problems they won't play up 2 expectations. anyone who thinks different is hating, or has a mental disorder.

+ the only thing that counts to these guys is winning another ring, not who has the best stats in the regular season. or who does anything in the regular season. all that is just icing on the cake. The only thing that is important to is winning championship, after championship, after championship.

& at this point Wades offense is not even needed with the Heat as a team shooting .522, while the next team HOU is at .483.
We all know that the coaching staff said he wouldn't be ready till late DEC, so to expect anything else would be silly.
The Heats offense is so good that Bosh, & Bron don't even need to play as many min cause of players like Ray, Lewis, Beasley, Bird, Chalmers, & Cole have been scoring at an extraordinary efficiency.

Then think that Oden has not even stepped on the floor yet.

Its all about being healthy for the playoffs, & the rest is only a really, really long preseason for them.

GrapeApe
11-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Wade has looked very good this year, particularly his midrange jumper and activity level. Take away the Charlotte game in which he barely played he's putting up around 18/6/5/3/1 on 50%. Everyone knew he'd be on a maintenence program for much of the season. Again, his value to the Heat is extremely high due to the strength of their roster. Most teams wouldn't have the luxury of resting him like the Heat can.

And1AllDay
12-09-2013, 03:15 AM
I believe his priority is to get healthy this year and show he can play at a high level for the next 3 years. It'll be easy for him to average 18/5/5 on 50% for the next 3 years with leadership intangibles.

I know that it's been said, but Wade is greatly benefiting by playing with LeBron James. I don't think it would be very easy for Wade to average 18/5/5 on 50% if he was on another team. Or are you saying if he stays in Miami he would average that?

If that is the case, never mind :rockon: