PDA

View Full Version : Right now, who are the top 5 players in the league?

hawkfan
11-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Right now, who are the top 5 players in the league?

Fudge
11-21-2013, 05:27 PM
LeBran
Durant
CP3
Love
George
--
Westbrook
Dwight
Davis

Budadiiii
11-21-2013, 05:27 PM
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Anthony Davis

HM: Derrick Rose

scm5
11-21-2013, 05:29 PM
LeBran
Durant
CP3
Love
George
--
Westbrook
Dwight
Davis

I got Davis ahead of George.

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Love
Davis

RoundMoundOfReb
11-21-2013, 05:29 PM
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Anthony Davis

I thought you hated Rose?

kamil
11-21-2013, 05:31 PM
LeBran
Durant
CP3
Love
George
--
Westbrook
Dwight
Davis

Dwight? Seriously?

scm5
11-21-2013, 05:32 PM
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Anthony Davis

I don't understand why Westbrook is on the list and why Rose is an HM.

Fudge
11-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Dwight? Seriously?
He's not in my Top 5. Certainly outside of it though. And the 3 I left out can be interchangeable.

livinglegend
11-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Seriously, some people have Kevin ''no defense'' Love in top 5. To be in top 5, you need to atleast have an average defense.

Anyway, my top 5
Lebron

Paul
George
Westbrook
Durant (Manufactured, but still very skilled)

Inferno
11-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Lebron, Durant, CP3, George, Davis

HM to Love.

pauk
11-21-2013, 05:40 PM
1. Dwight Howard
2. DeAndre Jordan
3. Kevin Love
4. Andre Drummond
5. Nikola Vucevic

scm5
11-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Seriously, some people have Kevin ''no defense'' Love in top 5. To be in top 5, you need to atleast have an average defense.

Anyway, my top 5
Lebron

Paul
George
Westbrook

Have you even watched Kevin Love this season or are you going by his reputation?

Don't take my word for it:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24181577/wolves-kevin-love-is-focused-like-weve-never-seen-him-before

RoundMoundOfReb
11-21-2013, 05:42 PM
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Anthony Davis/Paul George/Kevin Love/Westbrook/Curry

Al Thornton
11-21-2013, 05:44 PM
anthony davis? what the fck?

cos88
11-21-2013, 05:45 PM
lebron
durant
paul
george
love

moe94
11-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Tier 1

Lebron

Tier 2

Durant, Paul, Davis, Love

Fudge

Anyway, my top 5
Lebron

Paul
George
Westbrook
:roll:

Dro
Lebron
Chris Paul
Kevin Love
Kevin Durant
Paul George

in that order...

Mr. Jabbar
11-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Judging from what I've seen in lakers practices:

1- kirby
2 -durant
3- cp3
4- love
5- davis

livinglegend
11-21-2013, 05:48 PM
:roll:
:biggums:

moe94
11-21-2013, 05:53 PM
:biggums:
Are you serious, though? You really think Westbrook is better than Durant? You really think Durant is a product of refs?:rolleyes:

livinglegend
11-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Are you serious, though? You really think Westbrook is better than Durant? You really think Durant is a product of refs?:rolleyes:

Durant without all the bs calls is not better than Westbrook

Fiasco
11-21-2013, 05:59 PM
holy **** davis is getting incredibly overrated

branslowski
11-21-2013, 06:07 PM
1. LeBron
2. Paul George
3. Durant
4. Westbrook
5. CP3

If PG gets more consistently dominant, then he has a chance to pass LeBron. He's already a greater defender than LeBron ever was honestly.

Dro
11-21-2013, 06:09 PM
holy **** davis is getting incredibly overrated
Thats why I said he'll be the next one to get hated on on these forums. And I like him a ton as a player but there are still so many PF/C's who are also playing at a high level and have been for years like Horford, David Lee, Kevin Love, etc..

Leftimage
11-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Thats why I said he'll be the next one to get hated on on these forums. And I like him a ton as a player but there are still so many PF/C's who are also playing at a high level and have been for years like Horford, David Lee, Kevin Love, etc..

Tbh he's better than all of them. He'll only get hate when his team starts winning though.

Miles and Miles
11-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Based on what? Stats or who people are in love with? Check the stats and people in this thread are way off base.

moe94
11-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Durant without all the bs calls is not better than Westbrook
:oldlol:

Leftimage
11-21-2013, 06:15 PM
If PG gets more consistently dominant, then he has a chance to pass LeBron. He's already a greater defender than LeBron ever was honestly.

Yes there is a chance of that happening in the next few years. No he is not a greater defender than Lebron IS or was.

Fudge
11-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Based on what? Stats or who people are in love with? Check the stats and people in this thread are way off base.
Stats wise? It'd be the same players being posted in this thread.

A combination of 5 of either LeBron, Durant, George, Love, CP3, or Davis.

moe94
11-21-2013, 06:18 PM
In what capacity?

Everyone seems to be putting the usual suspects. Exactly what is the issue? Davis? Because, statistically, he's as good as anyone in the league right now.

scm5
11-21-2013, 06:27 PM
In what capacity?

Everyone seems to be putting the usual suspects. Exactly what is the issue? Davis? Because, statistically, he's as good as anyone in the league right now.

And in a good way. His steals and blocks aren't empty stats. He is one of the best defensive players I've ever seen and he's only 20.

Dro
11-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Tbh he's better than all of them. He'll only get hate when his team starts winning though.
I don't see how he's better than Love or Horford. These guys have been the focal point of the opponents defense for years. Davis is just now showing what he can do. How good will be if he's the 1st option and the defense is completely focused on him. Thats why you can't always just look at stats. They have to be taken in context.

moe94
11-21-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't see how he's better than Love or Horford. These guys have been the focal point of the opponents defense for years. Davis is just now showing what he can do. How good will be if he's the 1st option and the defense is completely focused on him. Thats why you can't always just look at stats. They have to be taken in context.
Yeah, I'm sure he's racking up all those steals and blocks because defenses aren't adjusting to him.:rolleyes:

Dro
11-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I'm sure he's racking up all those steals and blocks because defenses aren't adjusting to him.:rolleyes:
No need to roll your eyes and cop a hissy fit bro...I'm just debating. I'm not in here trolling...I never said he has empty stats anywhere.

Leftimage
11-21-2013, 06:34 PM

It's when I contextualize Love's stats that I come to the conclusion Davis is better. Also, it's difficult to ignore the fact Davis is still so young - perhaps that influences my decision to put him ahead of Love, albeit not by much.

moe94
11-21-2013, 06:34 PM
No need to roll your eyes and cop a hissy fit bro...I'm just debating. I'm not in here trolling...I never said he has empty stats anywhere.
Your argument is weak. In your logic, rookie seasons are entirely pointless as are breakout seasons.

Dro
11-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Your argument is weak. In your logic, rookie seasons are entirely pointless as are breakout seasons.
So you gained all that from my post. Ok.:confusedshrug: Sometimes they are pointless and sometimes they're not..Everything is not black and white. Just because Davis is having a great season through 11 games does not mean he will go on to be a top 5 player in the league. There's also a chance that he will. Thats the point of discussing it on a forum.

moe94
11-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Just because Davis is having a great season through 11 games does not mean he will go on to be a top 5 player in the league. There's also a chance that he will. Thats the point of discussing it on a forum.

So the amount of games is what's not impressive. That's fine. Say he does keep his production for the year, would you still have problems with people saying he's a top 5 player and, at worst, the second best big in the league?

Dro
11-21-2013, 07:03 PM
So the amount of games is what's not impressive. That's fine. Say he does keep his production for the year, would you still have problems with people saying he's a top 5 player and, at worst, the second best big in the league?
Honestly? No, I would not. Thats why I said I'm trying to prevent him from becoming a hated guy on ish because people usually turn on a player when he starts to get a lot of hype. I've noticed him getting a lot of hype for good reason so I'm just asking the question before everyone gets carried away. If he keeps up his production, I've got no problem saying he's one of the best bigmen in the league. Not sure about top 5 because I would have to see how the usual suspects are peforming by the end of the season, Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, Rose, Love, etc, etc.

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-21-2013, 07:21 PM
seriously, a talk about stats again? Eye test > stats.

moe94
11-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Subjectivity > objectivity? :oldlol:

"eye test"

top lel

PickernRoller
11-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Kobe
Duncan
Dirk
CP3
Parker
Frauds...

livinglegend
11-21-2013, 07:39 PM

WTF? Why is Horford being compared to Love and Davis? :lol

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Subjectivity > objectivity? :oldlol:

"eye test"

top lel
:facepalm Stats are only objective in regards to what they are - statistics. Sure they can be a reflection of performance, but they have no true reflection on one's skills and abilities. Shit, look at Jack Taylor averaging like 60ppg. He must be godly, right? Wasn't KMart a top 5~7 scorer for a couple seasons? does that mean he was a top 5 player at any point ever? Wasn't Chris Mihm like top 5 in PER once? Does that mean he was ever a top 5 player? Tyreke averaged 20/5/5 his rookie year. How's he doing in regards to how great ppl think he is?

But whatever kid, keep believing what you believe! :banana: :hammerhead:

Jasi
11-21-2013, 07:46 PM
durant
lebron
cp3
parker
george

hm: curry

Chuckbrook
11-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Dirk
Ellis
Carter
Marion
Westbrook

-Brook

moe94
11-21-2013, 07:50 PM
But whatever kid, keep believing what you believe! :banana: :hammerhead:
Your argument against stats is some dude on a div 3 school, a guy who deserved his RotY, high PER on very low minutes and legit Allstar scorer?

And you thought you made a point?

hahahhahahah

You are actually more retarded than I thought you previously were. Congratulations.

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Your argument against stats is some dude on a div 3 school, a guy who deserved his RotY, high PER on very low minutes and legit Allstar scorer?

And you thought you made a point?

hahahhahahah

You are actually more retarded than I thought you previously were. Congratulations.
when was KMart an All-Star, besides never? And what does an award have to do w/ anything? Or the level of competition? You're actually making my point for me... :oldlol: thanks, dude! :cheers:

moe94
11-21-2013, 08:47 PM
when was KMart an All-Star, besides never? And what does an award have to do w/ anything? Or the level of competition? You're actually making my point for me... :oldlol: thanks, dude! :cheers:
No argument whatsoever. Go cry about me in another thread when you get run out of this one. Go judge players "intangibles" and "killer instinct".:rolleyes:

atljonesbro
11-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Eye test, the ultimate cop outs for morons who don't wanna provide facts. HEY GUYS I USE THE EYE TEST LOOK AT ME I WANT TO PRETEND LIKE IM A BASKETBALL INTELLECTUAL WHILE PROVIDING NO FACTS

TheReal Kendall
11-21-2013, 08:53 PM
LBJ
PG
Durant
CP3
Love/Davis

HM: Melo

moe94
11-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Eye test, the ultimate cop outs for morons who don't wanna provide facts. HEY GUYS I USE THE EYE TEST LOOK AT ME I WANT TO PRETEND LIKE IM A BASKETBALL INTELLECTUAL WHILE PROVIDING NO FACTS
It's a retard's way out of an actual argument because you cannot argue against something as hilariously subjectively as "eye test".

veilside23
11-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Durant - LBJ
George
Love
CP3

am thinking is anthony davis better than roy hibbert? hmmm ...

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-21-2013, 09:29 PM
No argument whatsoever. Go cry about me in another thread when you get run out of this one. Go judge players "intangibles" and "killer instinct".:rolleyes:
lol, I never said anything about intangibles and killer instinct. Reading comprehension, please look into it.

But, do you know what the eye test even is? It means you don't just look at the stat of 8/14 shooting. You actually look at the shots, the shot selection, the shot situations, etc. You don't just look at 9APG. You look at the team, the players receiving those assists, how'd the assists happen, the other passes made that aren't assists, etc.

Seriously, can you understand that? I mean, do you understand a scout's, even a coach's, job? Why they actually go and watch film and players play in person? I hope you can.

and referring to just stats is "intellectual"? Isn't referring just to stats for the kids who don't actually watch games? :oldlol:

Anyway, I won't change your guys' mind. So I won't say anything else. It's a futile effort. If you seriously can't understand the importance of actually watching a player play, rather than just look at his stats, then... :facepalm

atljonesbro
11-21-2013, 09:35 PM
lol, I never said anything about intangibles and killer instinct. Reading comprehension, please look into it.

But, do you know what the eye test even is? It means you don't just look at the stat of 8/14 shooting. You actually look at the shots, the shot selection, the shot situations, etc. You don't just look at 9APG. You look at the team, the players receiving those assists, how'd the assists happen, the other passes made that aren't assists, etc.

Seriously, can you understand that? I mean, do you understand a scout's, even a coach's, job? Why they actually go and watch film and players play in person? I hope you can.

and referring to just stats is "intellectual"? Isn't referring just to stats for the kids who don't actually watch games? :oldlol:

Anyway, I won't change your guys' mind. So I won't say anything else. It's a futile effort. If you seriously can't understand the importance of actually watching a player play, rather than just look at his stats, then... :facepalm
Jeff Teague>Chris Paul I used the eye test don't question me.

moe94
11-21-2013, 09:41 PM

Most people who use the "eye test" BS are usually talking about the aesthetics of a player's game, regardless of what everything else is pointing towards. For instance, Kobe has a more aesthetically pleasing game and is therefore a better player than LeBron.