PDA

View Full Version : White guys make me feel wimpy when....

Go Getter
11-22-2013, 12:02 AM
I'm going to class in a gortex coat, a hoodie, and a t-shirt under that [freezing...thinking of going home and hibernating] and my friend comes to class in shorts, a light jacket, and flip flops [looking forward to hitting the resorts].

White people's tolerance for cold weather>

I'm not going to lie I feel some type of way...like I need to toughen up when it comes to cold :oldlol:

People say, "but you're from Chicago"....man screw that I can't stand the cold.

Heavincent
11-22-2013, 12:03 AM
It's true. Us white folk are extremely well conditioned for the cold.

hateraid
11-22-2013, 12:12 AM
I'm going to class in a gortex coat, a hoodie, and a t-shirt under that [freezing...thinking of going home and hibernating] and my friend comes to class in shorts, a light jacket, and flip flops [looking forward to hitting the resorts].

White people's tolerance for cold weather>

I'm not going to lie I feel some type of way...like I need to toughen up when it comes to cold :oldlol:

People say, "but you're from Chicago"....man screw that I can't stand the cold.

Bro, in my hood the black guys wear that in the summer too! Now that's badass

JEFFERSON MONEY
11-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Add brownies to the mix

My brother and I used to wear shorts and flip flops in twenty degree fahrenheit New England winters while playing ball in the snow

As do many Connecticut young males

Can take 110 degree Dubai heat in jeans and button down too

:pimp:

Budadiiii
11-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Want cold tolerance? Take freezing cold showers. That or shut the **** up.

Want to give your immune system a boost and improve cardiovascular function? Take freezing cold showers. Either that or suck J$'s dick.

Go Getter
11-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Add brownies to the mix

My brother and I used to wear shorts and flip flops in twenty degree fahrenheit New England winters while playing ball in the snow

As do many Connecticut young males

Can take 110 degree Dubai heat in jeans and button down too

The heat tolerance thing idk about. People regularly die in Chicago running along the lake and most times they are Caucasian.

When I went to Saudi the middle easterners would laugh and watch the soldiers as they worked in the 110 degree weather making bets on who would pass out first.

Go Getter
11-22-2013, 12:30 AM
Bro, in my hood the black guys wear that in the summer too! Now that's badass

I never understood videos of LA artists when they have heavy coats on and beanies....where are you from?

hateraid
11-22-2013, 12:31 AM
I never got videos of LA artists and they have heavy coats on and beanies....where are you from?

North Philly

Go Getter
11-22-2013, 12:44 AM
North Philly
Hoodies and stuff in the summer though? And the big beards? Lol I guess it's a regional thing.

Swaggin916
11-22-2013, 04:04 AM
I get cold really easy... and I will peace out of any situation to get warm again. Can't stand the chills.

andgar923
11-22-2013, 04:16 AM
I never understood videos of LA artists when they have heavy coats on and beanies....where are you from?

ALWAYS see black dudes wearing starter jackets and beanies in 90 degree weather here in L.A. shit is very common. Just saw one the other day and it was relatively warm and sunny.

reppy
11-22-2013, 04:51 AM
It's been pretty chilly here, but I'm still doin' my 5PM walks in bball shorts. I wear a hoodie and hat though. As long as my upperbody is warm I'm pretty happy.

Myth
11-22-2013, 05:07 AM
http://deviloftheday.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/6471690389_62d6a2c504_z.jpg

Feel like a man, OP?

flipogb
11-22-2013, 05:11 AM
it can get down to 40 degrees in LA if you factor in a little bit of breeze with it, is that still t-shirt weather to some of you?

serious question, im curious cuz thats a beanie/hoodie + jacket weather to me

Go Getter
11-22-2013, 10:09 AM
http://deviloftheday.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/6471690389_62d6a2c504_z.jpg

Feel like a man, OP?
That mfer cold...look at his feet:roll:

but yeah...it's 23 degrees today and I have on a big coat.....I bet you I see at least 4 white guys in t shirts:roll:

Scholar
11-22-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm in t-shirts in the cold, but CA cold is summer to your North Pole.

Go Getter
11-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Your not a wimp your friend just seems dumb for wearing that in the cold. Shorts and flip flops to class is a pretty bad look regardless of weather actually.
Not even for UCLA and Florida students?

Not my style but I can see it being cool for beach-type habitats.

cuad
11-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Plz, there ain't no beach in Los Angeles, just cold ass water next to some sand.

Tarik One
11-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Watch a Cubs game in April. You'll see rows of shirtless white boys in the bleachers in 45 degree weather. Crazy.

Myth
11-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Plz, there ain't no beach in Los Angeles, just cold ass water next to some sand.

That water is nice if you are used to the Oregon coast.

Dresta
11-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Stop stereotyping white people.

Go Getter
11-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Stop stereotyping white people.
I'm generalizing not stereotyping of course there are some white people out here that are just as cold as me. However, coming from a predominantly black neighborhood, it is a culture shock to see people out in t-shirts and sandals in 20-30 degree weather. The sentiment is not meant to be condescending at all.

m1sterb
11-22-2013, 06:31 PM
I work in Southern California and during the summers a black guy here wears a black jacket just soaking up the heat.

He'll be completely sweating and if you ask him why he's wearing a jacket, he'll say he's hot on the outside but cooold on the inside, lol.

Go Getter
11-22-2013, 06:34 PM
I work in Southern California and during the summers a black guy here wears a black jacket just soaking up the heat.

He'll be completely sweating and if you ask him why he's wearing a jacket, he'll say he's hot on the outside but cooold on the inside, lol.

nathanjizzle
11-22-2013, 06:50 PM
its because they are from utah and you are from chicago

CakeorDeath
11-23-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm from Southern California but I've lived in SLC for over 20 years, and I just don't find it to be very cold here on account of how dry it is. Very very low humidity means 20 degrees doesn't feel all that bad, especially if you are exerting yourself. Rarely need a coat when skiing or running (if it's a sunny day); hoodie or even a light long-sleeved shirt is just fine.

On the flip side, I went to Houston/Galveston in February a few years back and froze my nut sack off. Humidity = wet and wet makes both hot and cold weather completely miserable. I'll take 20 degrees in Salt Lake over 50 degrees in Houston 10 times out of 10.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-23-2013, 12:54 AM
its cuz white people are cold hearted. ask rick james and paula abdul

Le Shaqtus
11-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Not even for UCLA and Florida students?

Not my style but I can see it being cool for beach-type habitats.

All you want to wear in Florida summers is shorts and flip flops. Not a bad look it just depends on the shorts and what you wear with it.

RedBlackAttack
11-23-2013, 03:19 AM
That mfer cold...look at his feet:roll:
This post is accurate. :oldlol:

Guy trying to look calm and collective, but his feet tell the story. He's about to trample the guy taking the picture to get back inside in 3.... 2....

InspiredLebowski
11-23-2013, 03:22 AM
I was wearing shorts in 26 degrees today.that's because you're dumb though

Draz
11-23-2013, 10:40 AM
The other day I got out of the train station and right outside of the train station there's the bus stop. This guy in front of me was wearing shorts a sweater and jordans of course. White male. Everyone else is bundled up with heavy jackets, sweaters under, thermals, etc. I don't know, is it just for show or what? Is it worth getting sick of perhaps worst.

PHX_Phan
11-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Felt like this when I saw an Eagles game last year and I was freezing my ass off underneath 20lb's of warm clothes. Two seat downs was some tiny little white girl who couldn't have weighed more than a buck ten and she was just wearing a thin t shirt, throwback jersey and holding onto a frosty beer. :wtf:

Lakers Legend#32
11-24-2013, 02:54 PM
It's true. White people are so lame.

Le Shaqtus
11-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Sometimes I wake up and I know I can take a cold day and walk out in shorts and a T shirt, and on the same day I could wake up and feel like a p*ssy and wear jeans and a jacket. Just depends how you feel on the day.

Go Getter
11-24-2013, 05:19 PM
The better question is, how can you have lived in Chicago and Utah and not be used to the cold?

I was wearing shorts in 26 degrees today.

I have no clue...

Today my son and I have on coats and people are walking around in shorts and t-shirts again.....not ALL people but a good amount.