PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins getting shit on

moe94
11-22-2013, 01:08 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1860639-debate-will-wiggins-parker-or-randle-be-the-best-nba-player

It's almost like no one thinks Wiggins is good or will project into a good player. How did this happen? :confusedshrug:

People are likening him to Gerald Green...

christian1923
11-22-2013, 01:14 AM
People are also idiots.

fpliii
11-22-2013, 01:14 AM
It's Bleacher Report, lol.

People are trying too hard to go against the grain. I was skeptical myself, but I've wised up. He's unquestionably going to be the #1 pick this year and the best player in the draft when all is said and done.

STATUTORY
11-22-2013, 01:17 AM
the guy looks so stiff when he handles the ball

Budadiiii
11-22-2013, 01:17 AM
I'm a Wiggins stan.

I'll bloody the living **** out of any idiot that doubts this kid.

fpliii
11-22-2013, 01:19 AM
I'm a Wiggins stan.

I'll bloody the living **** out of any idiot that doubts this kid.

:applause:

Eric Cartman
11-22-2013, 01:25 AM
best prospect since lebron

russwest0
11-22-2013, 01:28 AM
It's close, but I prefer Parker.

Parkers already got a solid all around game. Ball handling, passing, shooting, rebounding, defense, he does it all well. He'd be the best starter for his team for all positions, 1-5.

Parkers ceiling is like Melo except for a better distributor.

Fudge
11-22-2013, 01:30 AM
Wiggins - LeBron
Parker - Melo
Randle - Bosh I guess
Smart - Wade

It's the '03 draft all over again. In other words, Wiggins will be the best player in this draft.

Twiens
11-22-2013, 01:34 AM

People are trying too hard to go against the grain. I was skeptical myself, but I've wised up. He's unquestionably going to be the #1 pick this year and the best player in the draft when all is said and done.

THIS

kurple
11-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Wiggins - LeBron
Parker - Melo
Randle - Bosh I guess
Smart - Wade

It's the '03 draft all over again. In other words, Wiggins will be the best player in this draft.
too bad this isnt how real life works

i agree on melo and wade

kurple
11-22-2013, 01:38 AM
and posting a bleacherreport link should be ban worthy

fpliii
11-22-2013, 01:38 AM
and posting a bleacherreport link should be ban worthy

That other site (SB Nation) is pretty bad too.

miggyme1
11-22-2013, 01:41 AM
Wiggins - LeBron
Parker - Melo
Randle - Bosh I guess
Smart - Wade

Bruh u wrong as hell

Wiggins- darius miles
Parker- lebron
Randle- kevin garnett
Smart- smart

Idk y people comparing smart to wade...ive never seen anybody quite like him...wade wasnt that good in college, dont get me wrong wade was good but the way this kid plays on both ends as a pg/sg its ridiculous. I mean smart is just a beast....he will transcend both guard spots in the nba. He will be a "power guard". A new term will be born because of him.

Fudge
11-22-2013, 01:42 AM
too bad this isnt how real life works

i agree on melo and wade
It's gonna pan out exactly the way it did in 03. Melo, or in this case, Parker will arguably have the better rookie year, but LeBron (Wiggins), will individually be much more successful later on. Follow my lead.

Fudge
11-22-2013, 01:44 AM
Bruh u wrong as hell

Wiggins- darius miles
Parker- lebron
Randle- kevin garnett
Smart- smart

Idk y people comparing smart to wade...ive never seen anybody quite like him...wade wasnt that good in college, dont get me wrong wade was good but the way this kid plays on both ends as a pg/sg its ridiculous. I mean smart is just a beast....he will transcend both guard spots in the nba. He will be a "power guard". A new term will be born because of him.
Miles lol.

Dawg, then you obviously haven't seen Russell Westbrook. Dude's every bit of a power guard.

Smart = Wade. Not a bad thing, but he won't be any better, or any worse.

moe94
11-22-2013, 01:45 AM
What is the issue with bleacherreport? Their articles are decent, at worst.

miggyme1
11-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Miles lol.

Dawg, then you obviously haven't seen Russell Westbrook. Dude's every bit of a power guard.

Smart = Wade. Not a bad thing, but he won't be any better, or any worse.

Smart is gonna be better than wade homie. Are u serious? Trust me. Just wait till u see smart go up against kansas. Comparin smart to wade is pretty much saying he gonba be good but not good for long. Im sorry but wade aint been WADE since the 10-11 season. So wade had a good wat......8 years in the league??? Or great 8 years??? I dont see that for smart.

I see smart dominating guard for a loooooong time unless he got a drug problem we dont know about or of course he is injure severely.

And yes wiggins has no offensive skillset. Dude is a playground baller at best. Please stop hyping him up. Parker would dismantle him one on one in any setting.

Fudge
11-22-2013, 01:58 AM
Smart is gonna be better than wade homie. Are u serious? Trust me. Just wait till u see smart go up against kansas. Comparin smart to wade is pretty much saying he gonba be good but not good for long. Im sorry but wade aint been WADE since the 10-11 season. So wade had a good wat......8 years in the league??? Or great 8 years??? I dont see that for smart.

I see smart dominating guard for a loooooong time unless he got a drug problem we dont know about or of course he is injure severely.

And yes wiggins has no offensive skillset. Dude is a playground baller at best. Please stop hyping him up. Parker would dismantle him one on one in any setting.
No. Just no.

moe94
11-22-2013, 02:02 AM
No. Just no.
The entire post was delusion city. :oldlol:

GrapeApe
11-22-2013, 02:06 AM

Wade is a future HOFer, a top 20-25 player all time, 3X champion, and has 10 year career averages of 25/6/5/2/1 49%. I'm not saying Smart won't be a great player but you make it sound as if comparing him to Wade is an insult.

russwest0
11-22-2013, 02:06 AM
What does Wiggins do better than Parker besides run and jump

moe94
11-22-2013, 02:09 AM
What does Wiggins do better than Parker besides run and jump
Apply your retard logic to your love interest in Westbrook and proceed to end your own existence.

Andrew Wiggins
11-22-2013, 02:19 AM

unquestionably? lol, based on what? i'm obviously a big fan of the guy but it's silly and preemptive to make declarations like this. if you'd never heard the hype before watching his games, would you still be making this statement?

russwest0
11-22-2013, 02:22 AM
Apply your retard logic to your love interest in Westbrook and proceed to end your own existence.

43 points in the finals with just 3 free throw attempts....

One of the GOAT finals performances.

Bobcats2013
11-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Parker reminds me of Paul Pierce.

miggyme1
11-22-2013, 02:27 AM
Did i say it was an insult?????????

I just think smart has a way higher ceiling than wade. I see him becomin a better mid range and three point shooter than wade ever dreamed of. I dont like the wade comparisons. I think smart is gonna be smart. Really no comparisons that i can think of.

The wiggins love is just absurd to me. Ive seen nothin yet to warrant him being the number 1 pick. Jabari is the total package hands down

fpliii
11-22-2013, 02:33 AM
unquestionably? lol, based on what? i'm obviously a big fan of the guy but it's silly and preemptive to make declarations like this. if you'd never heard the hype before watching his games, would you still be making this statement?

idk man, just feeling it

aj1987
11-22-2013, 02:41 AM
43 points in the finals with just 3 free throw attempts....

Great performance, but not even close to being "one of the GOAT performances".

BTW, the next game he scored 19 on 20 shots with 13 FTA's.

WhySoInsecure?
11-22-2013, 02:43 AM
Parker
Embiid
Wiggins
Randle
Exum
Smart

Gordon
Harrison 1&2
Young

Damn, this is the year to suck.

russwest0
11-22-2013, 03:04 AM
Great performance, but not even close to being "one of the GOAT performances".

You're a Wade fan, you must think GOAT finals performances require 17 free throws a game or more

alenleomessi
11-22-2013, 10:07 AM
i guess people wanna take that chance and be like oh i knew it all along if something bad happens and he doesnt live up to the hype...

look at all the previous big prospects, davis, irving, griffin, irving, rose, durant... well i dont remember for james but there were surely some that thought all he can do is dunk and run ( same for wiggins now )

from what i remember, literally everyone was sold on oden, and how did that turn out... you can never know

2LeTTeRS
11-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Bruh u wrong as hell

Wiggins- darius miles
Parker- lebron
Randle- kevin garnett
Smart- smart

Wait doesn't the term "power guard" basically describe Wade? He started his career as a PG in Miami, and led them to the playoffs for the first time post-Zo. After that the next year he showed that he had the ability to dominate with his scoring and the rest (3 titles, a MVP, and a scoring title) is history.

When all is said and done I doubt Smart will have a resume 1/2 as good as Wade's. And not just what I already said; you realize that D-Wade has been a top 5 player over the entirety of the last decade right?

And this is not to shit on Smart; he's a great talent but he's shown me nothing that suggests he'll be that good.

CJ Mustard
11-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Bruh u wrong as hell

Wiggins- darius miles
Parker- lebron
Randle- kevin garnett
Smart- smart

:oldlol: @ Randle and his 6'11 wingspan being anything close to Garnett.

Tking714
11-22-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm sorry but I cannot watch Jabari Parker just absolutely wreck all of college basketball and say seriously that Wiggins is better.

Dave3
11-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Wiggins - LeBron
Parker - Melo
Randle - Bosh I guess
Smart - Wade

Wiggins doesn't look as good as rookie LeBron right now at all. He's not maturing as quickly as LeBron.

Parker does have an offensive game like Melo in terms of skills, but he doesn't play the game the same way. He puts in more effort into other parts of the game

Comparing Randle to Bosh is like comparing Barkley to Nowitzki. The players are so different everywhere from playstyle to size, it's not worth the explanation.

And I haven't seen Marcus Smart outside of just youtube highlights so I can't comment there.

scm5
11-22-2013, 12:24 PM
I've mentioned this before, but watching the games Jabari Parker looks like Tmac minus the passing abilities and Wiggins looks like young Lebron minus the passing abilities.

Lebron was way more talented than Wiggins at the same age.

WhySoInsecure?
11-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Where would you like to see all of these guys end up?

Parker - Kings
Wiggins - Suns
Exum - Jazz
Randle - Magic
Embiid - 76ers/Celtics
Smart - Bucks

Jailblazers7
11-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Where would you like to see all of these guys end up?

Parker - Kings
Wiggins - Suns
Exum - Jazz
Randle - Magic
Embiid - 76ers/Celtics
Smart - Bucks

Those would all be nice fits. If the Exum comparisons to Penny pan out then he would be exactly what Utah needs.

I would personally love to see Embiid in Philly but I'm not sure he would be the best fit considering we just took Noel. The talent is so appealing tho because he is super raw and still has a great feel for the game. He is a really nice passer for his size and he has massive potential. It would be very cool to see a twin tower scenario with him and Noel. I think the ideal for me would either be Exum or Embiid if we don't get a top 2 pick (which I would use on Wiggins or Parker). I'm starting to back off Randle a bit until I see more of him.

SamuraiSWISH
11-22-2013, 03:28 PM
All I know is Jabari Parker got the better of him.

And then lost the game due to his own extremely low intelligence.

ThickassGlasses
11-22-2013, 05:57 PM
All I know is Jabari Parker got the better of him.

How in the world do you figure?

When the game got close in the second half Parker disappeared and watched Wiggins and Kansas pull away again.

Stats are stats, but I think those 4 minutes of basketball tell you everything you need to know. Especially considering Wiggins was the one stopping Parker.

Bcogswell
11-22-2013, 06:03 PM
It's close, but I prefer Parker.

Parkers already got a solid all around game. Ball handling, passing, shooting, rebounding, defense, he does it all well. He'd be the best starter for his team for all positions, 1-5.

Parkers ceiling is like Melo except for a better distributor.

Parker is definitely the better all around player at this point, but thats not saying much considering Wiggins is playing on par with him while having much more potential. :confusedshrug:

Clifton
11-22-2013, 06:14 PM
I've mentioned this before, but watching the games Jabari Parker looks like Tmac minus the passing abilities and Wiggins looks like young Lebron minus the passing abilities.
Interesting comment, because without the passing ability, neither of these players is that impressive to me.

Lebron without the passing ability is probably not as good as Durant. Lebron's defense wouldn't trump Durant's range IMO. And Tmac without passing is <<< Durant. Tmac's shot wasn't good enough to pull off being one-dimensional.

moe94
11-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Lebron without the passing ability is probably not as good as Durant. Lebron's defense wouldn't trump Durant's range IMO.
:oldlol:

I was at awe over this statement.

30/8/3 on 50% shooting with great defense > Durant and it's not even close

Shade8780
11-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Smart's the next Deron Williams, not Wade :oldlol:

veilside23
11-22-2013, 07:13 PM
When it comes to Jumper parker mayhave some pierce in him.. but you must be forgetting that pierce is actually a superior athlete than parker.
parker reminds me of a brandon roy kinda guy.. its not a knock on parker at all... without parker on this duke team i dont know if they would even reach sweet 16

wiggins just happen to play for a system.. not his fault in my eyes this is like a kyrie williams situation

parker being the williams who blossomed because of the way he was used
and kyrie didnt have stats that would amaze you average just merely 15 pts per game ...remind you its situation am not saying they are the same players..

but there is really no way to find that out ...

but without parker this duke team would be a joke

without wiggins they would still be sweet 16 hopeful.

so parker matters to his team that much as oppose to wiggins on his team...

WhySoInsecure?
11-22-2013, 07:41 PM
When it comes to Jumper parker mayhave some pierce in him.. but you must be forgetting that pierce is actually a superior athlete than parker.
parker reminds me of a brandon roy kinda guy.. its not a knock on parker at all... without parker on this duke team i dont know if they would even reach sweet 16

wiggins just happen to play for a system.. not his fault in my eyes this is like a kyrie williams situation

parker being the williams who blossomed because of the way he was used
and kyrie didnt have stats that would amaze you average just merely 15 pts per game ...remind you its situation am not saying they are the same players..

but there is really no way to find that out ...

but without parker this duke team would be a joke

without wiggins they would still be sweet 16 hopeful.

so parker matters to his team that much as oppose to wiggins on his team...
If you had them swap teams Kansas would be a lock to win the championship and Duke would have a hard time getting past the sweet 16.

This isn't a knock on Wiggins, Parker has just exceeded expectations and looks like the best freshman since Carmelo. He is clearly the leader on that team and has made everyone around him better. He handles the ball extremely well for a guy his size, has a great release on his jumpshot and is pulling fadeways like only a few pros can right now.

Parker is looking like a smarter Carmelo Anthony, which means that he could easily end up being a top 3 player in the league.

Wiggins clearly has potential to be great but he's way too passive and will get away with letting the game come to him at Kansas, since they have plenty of other options.

moe94
11-22-2013, 07:48 PM
This isn't a knock on Wiggins, Parker has just exceeded expectations and looks like the best freshman since Carmelo. .

Durant
Beasley

Just stop. He's really not even remotely close to them.

ThickassGlasses
11-22-2013, 08:24 PM
If you had them swap teams Kansas would be a lock to win the championship and Duke would have a hard time getting past the sweet 16.

This isn't a knock on Wiggins, Parker has just exceeded expectations and looks like the best freshman since Carmelo. He is clearly the leader on that team and has made everyone around him better. He handles the ball extremely well for a guy his size, has a great release on his jumpshot and is pulling fadeways like only a few pros can right now.

Parker is looking like a smarter Carmelo Anthony, which means that he could easily end up being a top 3 player in the league.

Wiggins clearly has potential to be great but he's way too passive and will get away with letting the game come to him at Kansas, since they have plenty of other options.

Did you miss Kansas beat Duke because Wiggins outplayed Parker when it mattered? If teams traded the two, Duke would have won the game because of the same reason.

veilside23
11-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Did you miss Kansas beat Duke because Wiggins outplayed Parker when it mattered? If teams traded the two, Duke would have won the game because of the same reason.

i think some folks are waiting for wiggins to score 30 on college game :) before they believe :D

and they also set aside the most important aspect of basketball to win a ring.. DEFENSE! ... defensively wiggins is way ahead of parker and randle

BIZARRO
11-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Durant
Beasley

Just stop. He's really not even remotely close to them.

Parker s***s on Beasley. :facepalm

moe94
11-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Parker s***s on Beasley. :facepalm

College Beasley? Are you insane?

BIZARRO
11-22-2013, 08:38 PM

Everybody who's anybody walked away from that game calling Parker the truth, and Wiggins raw as hell. Just stop.

WhySoInsecure?
11-22-2013, 08:39 PM
I saw Perry Ellis dominate, and Hood struggle. Wiggins didn't really do much other than get a few easy dunks.

BIZARRO
11-22-2013, 08:42 PM
College Beasley? Are you insane?

Don't care about the stats. Not that Beasley's were that much better. Some kid scored 138 points in a game recently.

I repeat, as a skilled, total floor game, winning player, Parker s****s on Beasley.

As has been proven by Beasley being pretty much a flop in the pros.

BIZARRO
11-22-2013, 08:43 PM
I saw Perry Ellis dominate, and Hood struggle. Wiggins didn't really do much other than get a few easy dunks.

Exactly. He hit the one nice jumper, but anyone who was watching could see he was raw as hell.

And that Parker was the truth.

BIZARRO
11-22-2013, 08:44 PM

Great post.

ThickassGlasses
11-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Everybody who's anybody walked away from that game calling Parker the truth, and Wiggins raw as hell. Just stop.

I watched Parker do nothing, literally nothing, but foul Wiggins twice in the final 5 minutes of a close game...

What did you watch??

Wiggins also scored at least 6 points if I recall correctly during that span, including a sick step back J and a dunk over Parker (who fouled him as well).

So tell me again, who is the "truth"?

ThickassGlasses
11-23-2013, 12:05 AM

Defense, have you heard of it?

He also scored, quite a bit more than Parker did down the stretch.

Dizzle-2k7
11-23-2013, 12:35 AM
and a dunk over Parker (who fouled him as well).

LMAO parker was behind wiggins and barely tapped him.. nobody dunked "OVER" anybody.

wiggins handles the rock like GEORGE HILL. dude reminds me of desmond mason.. all hops no game. :confusedshrug:

TheReal Kendall
11-23-2013, 12:54 AM

Thank you!

I swear people was watching a different game.

Damn near all of Wiggins points were easy buckets.

Like I said before college even started dude can just run and jump and has a nice spin move that he use a lot. Nothing special to his game.

Lebron was miles ahead of this dude at that age also people need to stop comparing them

noob cake
11-23-2013, 01:13 AM

This, even scrubs in the NBA can cherry pick buckets like Wiggins. Why draft him with #1 pick when I can get Corey Brewer to do the same thing for $2m/year.

Patrick Chewing
11-23-2013, 02:29 AM

You are a ****ing idiot who probably didn't watch the game and doesn't know a thing about basketball.