PDA

View Full Version : Thabo Sefolosha free agent. What will happen?

BlazerRed
11-22-2013, 07:43 AM
This is the last year of Sefolosha's contract, he'll be a free agent at season's end. He's only paid 3.5 mil a year ATM. I feel like he's worth more than that, and I'm not quite sure if the Thunder can offer him much more. Will he be in a Thunder jersey next year? What's going to happen here Thunder fans and how important do you think he is to the team? Obviously they've got Lamb who could fill the spot, but he's a completely different player and it hurts the team defensively a LOT.. as well as weakening the bench. I think a sixth man role is perfect for Lamb.

Haymaker
11-22-2013, 08:14 AM
He's Battier light but he doesn't steps up his game in the playoffs like Shane does. I think OKC don't need him.

BlazerRed
11-22-2013, 08:45 AM
He's Battier light but he doesn't steps up his game in the playoffs like Shane does. I think OKC don't need him.
I think they need him to shut down players like TP. Remember the 2012 WCF? He could be the difference in a series.

r15mohd
11-22-2013, 09:31 AM
unless they can assure themselves a defensive wingman as Thabo is to them, OKC better find a way to keep him

Durant and Westbrook have it made with Thabo doing the bulk of the dirty work on D

BlazerRed
11-22-2013, 09:40 AM
unless they can assure themselves a defensive wingman as Thabo is to them, OKC better find a way to keep him

Durant and Westbrook have it made with Thabo doing the bulk of the dirty work on D
Exactly, Durant and Westbrook save themselves energy by not having to guard usually the toughest guy on the opposition, allowing them to be more effective. Thabo does the dirty work that isn't shown on a stat sheet that I think is incredibly important to the team.

HomieWeMajor
11-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Average 3&D guy. Thunder probably trade away Ibaka to keep him.

uber
11-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Average 3&D guy. Thunder probably trade away Ibaka to keep him.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s320/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

TheReturn
11-22-2013, 10:40 AM
I think OKC lets him walk, and I can't blame them. I like his defense and sometimes he's got a nice move on offense, but he's not a consistent shooter.

hawkfan
11-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Knicks.

uber
11-22-2013, 10:44 AM
I think OKC lets him walk, and I can't blame them. I like his defense and sometimes he's got a nice move on offense, but he's not a consistent shooter.

He doesn't needs to be. He's obviously much more important on defense to OKC than on offense.

TheReturn
11-22-2013, 10:51 AM
He doesn't needs to be. He's obviously much more important on defense to OKC than on offense.
The need someone other than Westbrook and Durant to make shots, so yes, that is what he needs to be.

imdaman99
11-22-2013, 11:32 AM
for how much he makes, he is perfect for the thunder. unfortunately you can't depend on him in big games. and it's not because he doesn't get the ball. he gets it enough, he just doesn't know what to do when he has the ball in his hands. thank scott brooks for not running any semblance of a system.

El Kabong
11-22-2013, 11:59 AM
He'll probably sign with a contender for the minimum.

wally_world
12-22-2013, 01:27 PM
It's ok we have Afflalo :cheers:

Thabo can come back for the same salary in a bench role

Angel Face
01-17-2014, 07:01 AM
Thunder would probably not re-sign him, he's becoming useless and useless every game.

Al Thorton
01-30-2014, 02:16 AM
kind of like to see him go to Chicago. Seems like a good fit, they need some offense at the 2 so he'd have to back up whoever that is, but his defensive mindset matches their identity