PDA

View Full Version : For Wiggins haters....

Shade8780
11-22-2013, 06:55 PM
All of you have pretty much popped up after seeing them play in college, but that does not show their true NBA potential. I'm sure that if LeBron went to college, he'd be a worse looking player than Melo and Wade were, but there's no doubt he was the best player looking forward. The college game isn't as suited to Wiggins as it is for Parker and Randle, and I have no doubt that Wiggins will be the best player out of this Draft.

noob cake
11-22-2013, 06:58 PM
All of you have pretty much popped up after seeing them play in college, but that does not show their true NBA potential. I'm sure that if LeBron went to college, he'd be a worse looking player than Melo and Wade were, but there's no doubt he was the best player looking forward. The college game isn't as suited to Wiggins as it is for Parker and Randle, and I have no doubt that Wiggins will be the best player out of this Draft.

College Melo - Shot = LeBron + Atheleticism

College Parker - Shot - Passing - Vision - Handles = Wiggins + Athleticism

Shade8780
11-22-2013, 07:09 PM
College Melo - Shot = LeBron + Atheleticism

College Parker - Shot - Passing - Vision - Handles = Wiggins + Athleticism
I'm not saying Wiggins is the next LeBron. I'm saying just because Parker and Randle look better now, doesn't mean they'll be the best in 5 years time. I used the Melo and LeBron comparison to show how Melo was better in college but isn't the best NBA player out of him and LeBron.

Eric Cartman
11-22-2013, 07:09 PM
how much did michael jordan average as a freshman?

veilside23
11-22-2013, 07:17 PM

hmm 13 pts a game ? :)

scm5
11-22-2013, 07:19 PM

For those who don't know:

MJ did about 14/4/2 on 53%.

MJ did 20/5/2 on 55% his Junior year.

Then he came into the league and put up 28/7/6 with 2 spg on 52% FG.

College is not the best indicator of how well a player will turn out.

Look at Beasley and Morrison who went from studs to duds.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Wiggins will be a better pro player than Parker. Book it.

Shade8780
11-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Wiggins will be a better pro player than Parker. Book it.
yup.

gts
11-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Wiggins has haters? Why?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Derrick Rose:

15/5 47.7%

Beasley:

26/12/1 53%

Yet mystically Derrick Rose became a much better NBA player.

scm5
11-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Derrick Rose:

15/5 47.7%

Beasley:

26/12/1 53%

Yet mystically Derrick Rose became a much better NBA player.

Until this season.

Don't look now but Rose' PER: 9.7 Beasley's PER: 22.0

:roll:

moe94
11-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Parker's ceiling is Paul Pierce. I have no idea why people are acting like he has more potential than Randle or especially Wiggins.

ukfan22
11-22-2013, 07:56 PM
are you high?

lebron would have dominated college

moe94
11-22-2013, 08:01 PM
LeBron was very strong and clearly way too much for any highschool perimeter players to handle on any level, but I must say, Wiggins looks way more explosive at the same age. He legit gets near head level on a lot of his dunks.

DuMa
11-22-2013, 08:04 PM
LeBron would have dominated in college. are you nuts?

Shade8780
11-22-2013, 08:05 PM
are you high?

lebron would have dominated college
The college game is different. If he had went to a blue blood school, I dont see him averaging 20+ PPG, 17-18 PPG would be more realistic.

ukfan22
11-22-2013, 08:23 PM
The college game is different. If he had went to a blue blood school, I dont see him averaging 20+ PPG, 17-18 PPG would be more realistic.

He would have been a complete athletic mismatch at all times, and had the skillset to take advantage of it even at a young age. He would have been better than Durant, Beasley, Rose, Davis, anyone.

BIZARRO
11-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Parker's ceiling is Paul Pierce. I have no idea why people are acting like he has more potential than Randle or especially Wiggins.

So says you. I don't buy it. At all. I've never seen Pierce go coast to to coast after a block, 1 on 5 and throw it down like Parker did in about 2 and 1/2 seconds.

Pierce wasn't the player Parker is in college.

Love PP, but Parker will be bigger, stronger, more athletic, have better vision, better handles, better rebounder, better passer.

Secondly, for all the Wiggins bandwagon riders. If no one had ever told you anything about either Parker or Wiggins, you'd be like MAN who is that guy killing it on Duke. And you wouldn't be saying s*** about the guy who you would be calling the 3rd best player on Kansas.

Stop living through the media's eyes and watch the game. I know the media created Wiggins for you, and got you all jacked up, but get over it. It's not reality.

Watch Parker. Ask Self or Coach K. They'd tell you who they'd rather have. Parker's the guy who making highlights, jaws drop on all levels, who is the best college killer since Durant. Not the 3rd best player on Kansas.

longtime lurker
11-22-2013, 08:38 PM
How does Wiggins have haters already?

inclinerator
11-22-2013, 08:40 PM
LeBron was very strong and clearly way too much for any highschool perimeter players to handle on any level, but I must say, Wiggins looks way more explosive at the same age. He legit gets near head level on a lot of his dunks.
lebron has gottten head level in hs

moe94
11-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Love PP, but Parker will be bigger, stronger, more athletic, have better vision, better handles, better rebounder, better passer.

Parker can be the greatest player of all time and have more escapades than Magic, Kemp and Wilt combined and he will never be blown the way you just blew him. It's quite remarkable really.:applause:

citations

veilside23
11-22-2013, 08:46 PM

http://blip.tv/ballislife/andrew-wiggins-has-4-sick-dunks-at-the-2012-charlotte-hoops-challenge-eye-level-with-rim-6453126

BIZARRO
11-22-2013, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=moe94]Parker can be the greatest player of all time and have more escapades than Magic, Kemp and Wilt combined and he will never be blown the way you just blew him. It's quite remarkable really.:applause:

Here was my assessment:

So what do you disagree with?

moe94
11-22-2013, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=moe94]Parker can be the greatest player of all time and have more escapades than Magic, Kemp and Wilt combined and he will never be blown the way you just blew him. It's quite remarkable really.:applause:

Here was my assessment:

So what do you disagree with?

I think you're in for a rude awakening if you think he's going to be substantially better than peak Pierce, who was a great player in his own right.

http://blip.tv/ballislife/andrew-wiggins-has-4-sick-dunks-at-the-2012-charlotte-hoops-challenge-eye-level-with-rim-6453126

Those are not even impressive. The shit he does on his mixtape is just insane.

Replay32
11-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Compared to Parker, Wiggins is more of a finisher. ie dunks, put backs, leak outs, slashing to the rim. His quickness and leaping ablility is very impressive. However, he looks raw and really doesn't overly impress me as a player.

The comparisons to Lebron are nuts. Lebron was a great all around player and his impact was always felt. Even in HS. Lebron just had a broken jumper. Wiggins just kind of coast. He's not really a go to player for Kansas. Perry Ellis has more impact IMO. At least from what I've seen so far. He's not the all around player that Parker is. Parker plays defense, has a handle, can pass, can shoot, has post game, and can finish. Wiggins isn't on that level yet. He's athletic a solid defender and more of finisher than anything else.

I really don't see how he was projected as #1. It will be interesting to see how his coach develops him and where he's at "skill wise" at the end of the year.

Thunderstruck
11-22-2013, 09:06 PM

Lebron would have dominated college ball. He would have performed at least as good as Durant did his freshman year in college if not better.

veilside23
11-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Compared to Parker, Wiggins is more of a finisher. ie dunks, put backs, leak outs, slashing to the rim. His quickness and leaping ablility is very impressive. However, he looks raw and really doesn't overly impress me as a player.

The comparisons to Lebron are nuts. Lebron was a great all around player and his impact was always felt. Even in HS. Lebron just had a broken jumper. Wiggins just kind of coast. He's not really a go to player for Kansas. Perry Ellis has more impact IMO. At least from what I've seen so far. He's not the all around player that Parker is. Parker plays defense, has a handle, can pass, can shoot, has post game, and can finish. Wiggins isn't on that level yet. He's athletic a solid defender and more of finisher than anything else.

I really don't see how he was projected as #1. It will be interesting to see how his coach develops him and where he's at "skill wise" at the end of the year.

this stuff is funny really... parker is just a better shooter at this point ... handles maybe abit better .. but defense yes he is good defensively but he is not on the level of wiggins... and wiggins second jump is just too good not to be mentioned parker doesnt have that kind of a 2nd jump .

i think people need to be remember this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYpwWYw7lvc

check the 1:40 mark there .. sure randle had his way against the lanky wiggins at some point but once they get to the nba wiggins doesnt have to guard randle who i think will still be good but wont do it against bigger PF's and C's.

veilside23
11-24-2013, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=BIZARRO]

I think you're in for a rude awakening if you think he's going to be substantially better than peak Pierce, who was a great player in his own right.

Those are not even impressive. The shit he does on his mixtape is just insane.
talking about this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsK-ZoL9sY

insane right..

and this one too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYESAzucqR0

russwest0
11-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Lebron would have dominated college ball. He would have performed at least as good as Durant did his freshman year in college if not better.

I don't know, getting 26/11 in the college game is nuts

noob cake
11-24-2013, 01:12 AM
I don't know, getting 26/11 in the college game is nuts

LeBron averaged 21/6/6 in his rookie year directly out of high school AGAINST NBA players. He would easily get 26/11 in college.

russwest0
11-24-2013, 01:14 AM
LeBron averaged 21/6/6 in his rookie year directly out of high school AGAINST NBA players. He would easily get 26/11 in college.

There is much less scoring in College because they allowed handchecks plus the 35 second shotclock. He averaged 21/6 in the pros, doesn't mean he'd easily average 26/11 in college. Durant just had an unreal season.

Andrew Wiggins
11-24-2013, 01:22 AM
op is 13 years old and lives in ireland, he doesn't understand ncaa ball or has ever seen wiggins' game at kansas, so discredit anything he says