PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are playing "next gen" 2k14?

EveryManALion
11-22-2013, 07:59 PM
So I pre-ordered a PS4 and sold my other console a few weeks ago assuming, like a ****in' idiot that I am, I would have a PS4 on launch to play next gen 2k14. Well I got ****ed over and have to wait for the next shipment of PS4s, so how many of you are playing 2k14 on PS4/Xbox One? Just asking out of curiosity, let me live vicariously through you!:cheers:

Tmuston Beltics
11-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Not me. I've been watching vids of the actual game though and it looks good. Hope you get the ps4 quick!

EveryManALion
11-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Not me. I've been watching vids of the actual game though and it looks good. Hope you get the ps4 quick!

Thank you sir! Are you playing it on last gen?

jstern
11-22-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm looking at the prices and it costs 59.99 for the PS4 and 29.99 for the PC. My computer is more powerful than the PS4, so maybe I should buy it for the PC. I just don't know if it's based on the PS3/360 version or the PS4/XBox One version.

That was something that was really annoying, how computers were so much more powerful than the consoles, yet every year it got the same 360/PS3 graphics.

The same with games for the PS4 that are based on last generation games.

Edit: The system requirements for the PC version is last generations.

EveryManALion
11-22-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm looking at the prices and it costs 59.99 for the PS4 and 29.99 for the PC. My computer is more powerful than the PS4, so maybe I should buy it for the PC. I just don't know if it's based on the PS3/360 version or the PS4/XBox One version.

That was something that was really annoying, how computers were so much more powerful than the consoles, yet every year it got the same 360/PS3 graphics.

If its cheaper id probably say based on the PS3/360 architecture.

diamenz
11-22-2013, 08:39 PM
based on the PS3/360 architecture.

this is true.

Tmuston Beltics
11-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Thank you sir! Are you playing it on last gen?

Na man I'm playing it on pc. It's so hard to perform a spin move with WASD. It sucks on pc. Actually I think the 2k13 on pc is better than 2k14. Funny thing is that the pc version of 2k14 didn't get the graph updates. So basically I'm playing the ps3 version of 2k14.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Na man I'm playing it on pc. It's so hard to perform a spin move with WASD. It sucks on pc. Actually I think the 2k13 on pc is better than 2k14. Funny thing is that the pc version of 2k14 didn't get the graph updates. So basically I'm playing the ps3 version of 2k14.

Buy a controller?

I can't imagine playing a sports title with the keyboard. :wtf:

Tmuston Beltics
11-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Buy a controller?

Great idea, repped

DaSeba5
11-23-2013, 02:19 PM
I got it on the PS4. Add me when you get your PS4, MrSebas561.

ralph_i_el
11-23-2013, 02:22 PM

I play on the PC with a wired xbox controller. It's much better than using a keyboard.

fpliii
11-23-2013, 02:26 PM
PS4 here. Graphics and gameplay are incredible. The new points of emphasis during timeouts have a tremendous effect on how your team will change up play (it's pretty deep, it's easier for you to look into this yourself). Wxonot ion or whatever and the new ball physics are very legit. You can actually play good defense now, and there are fewer canned animations (I haven't seen any yet, really). One issue is, players whose faces weren't scanned don't look great, and some are a bit off.

I haven't tried MyGM yet, but I've always been an association guy and love the Football Manager (one of my favorite series) direction they supposedly went in for this from the previews.

I've been playing MyCareer so far (revamped MyPlayer). Everything on the court is great, but a few things are weird:

1) Players have their voices recorded for halftime interviews, chatter on the court, etc. but when they interact with you in This mode, they're completely mute (text boxes instead) with your player speaking. It's understandable why this is the case, but it's still awkward as hell. Your agent, coaches, GM are voiced though.

2) They have this online mode called "The Park" in which you can bring your player to a virtual park with seven pickup courts (ranging from 2 on 2 to 5 on 5 games). Great in theory, but the execution isn't flawless. At any given time, one or more of the courts will be broken (it seems players leaving the server while they're playing causes this problem). Also, after games, it sometimes becomes impossible to quit (won't let you pause to go to the menu). It's also not very organized at the moment (no leaderboards, etc) but it does track your stats and w/l. If your friends are online you can join the same park server together. It would be nice if they added a practice court or one on one as well, but it's nice as it is (and there hasn't been any lag yet, in the 5-6 hours I've logged). Really fun when you have your team on mica to strategize/trash talk.

3) The rival in the mode was huge during the beginning of the story (showcase game, draft night, etc) but haven't heard from him again. He's on the Pistons, I'm on the Sixers, so maybe when we play it'll heat up. The interactions with teammates are fun. Thad Young and I didn't see eye to eye at first but we're boys now, and JRich is mentoring my guy.

Playing on simulation, standard sliders, 12 minute quarters, all-star difficulty in case you're interested. My guy is a center and it's been pretty fun so far. Playing on my 47" Sony LED.

Haven't played much of my other launch games yet. Have Killzone and Assassin's Creed...played KZ briefly, haven't opened AC yet. Probably gonna pick up Ghosts next week.

More regarding the graphics...they're not on the level of the top PC games if your rig is high end and you're running at max specs (which I do, but I'm not a huge PC gamer), but they're not much worse. Great eye candy (be sure to pick up native 1080p and 60fps titles though or else you likely won't be impressed) though for a console.

GOBB
11-23-2013, 02:28 PM
No crew mode?

With the park is it 5 randoms vs 5 randoms or can u take a party of 4 to play 5 vs 5 (the other spot filled by a random or CPU)

fpliii
11-23-2013, 02:31 PM
No crew mode?

With the park is it 5 randoms vs 5 randoms or can u take a party of 4 to play 5 vs 5 (the other spot filled by a random or CPU)

Yeah, just have to coordinate (it gives you the option to join alone, or join with friends). Basically there will be games in progress, and on each court there's a section that says "got next" with between 2-5 green circles (depending in the court). Go to one, and take your spot, and you'll play the winner. I played with a party of 2 other guys and we played 3 on 3 fine, and 5 on 5 with two randoms (both just chucked 30 foot jumpers the entire game). No CPUs.

dunksby
11-23-2013, 02:33 PM

Publishers haven't been puttin much effort into making PC performance games mostly because of piracy. PC will always be the more powerful unit but what's the point when it's not high on publishers' priorities. Unless you are an RTS fan PC gaming is gonna take a backseat to consoles.

fpliii
11-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Publishers haven't been puttin much effort into making PC performance games mostly because of piracy. PC will always be the more powerful unit but what's the point when it's not high on publishers' priorities. Unless you are an RTS fan PC gaming is gonna take a backseat to consoles.

Skyrim is legit too, especially if you add a ton of mods.

GOBB
11-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah, just have to coordinate (it gives you the option to join alone, or join with friends). Basically there will be games in progress, and on each court there's a section that says "got next" with between 2-5 green circles (depending in the court). Go to one, and take your spot, and you'll play the winner. I played with a party of 2 other guys and we played 3 on 3 fine, and 5 on 5 with two randoms (both just chucked 30 foot jumpers the entire game). No CPUs.

Ok that's cool. Cuz crew mode on 360 u could only do 3 vs 3 half court or 5 vs 5 full court. U needed 5. Couldn't have 2, or 4. So the park sounds like my player blacktop basically. Just more options to join friends and what not.

No crew sucks

Also how is gameplay? Still make dumb shots fadeaway 3 etc

JimmyMcAdocious
11-23-2013, 02:39 PM
@fpliii

Have you played the 360 or PS3 version for comparison? Curious.

Rake2204
11-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Sorry, this is a cut & paste from the video game forum topic, but I thought it might be worth knowing for prospective buyers:

I've heard it looks great and it plays a very solid game of basketball. I did not acquire it but I did here a few tidbits that troubled me. Among them:

1) Create-a-Player has been removed: The ability to create someone is still there to create your MyPlayer (and possibly to edit draft classes on the go) but otherwise, create-a-player is wholly absent. This means no filling in the rest of classic rosters, no filling out current rosters with players not included, and no creating of any sort, really.

2) Create-a-Team has been removed.

3) All rosters must be saved on the server: There is no longer an ability to save rosters locally. Gamers must save them to 2K's servers then re-search and find them (and re-download them) every time they start their game up.

4) All modes aside from Quick Game are now online-dependent. This means if internet is down (or 2K servers, more likely), gamers will not be able to player their MyCareers, MyGM's, etc.

5) 30 team control has been removed from Association: For those looking to control and fix terrible trades and adjustments made by the computer in Association, that is now no longer possible. Only one team can be controlled at a time.

6) MyCareer now features over-the-top, corny, cinematic scenes. Instead of choosing a path, it plays out like a movie, with a pre-determined rival and everything (named Jackson Ellis).

7) Virtual Currency is now present in nearly every mode: Gamers even have to buy the ability to adjust their rotation in Association (or MyGM as it's now referred).

dunksby
Skyrim is legit too, especially if you add a ton of mods.
Yep, I played the modded version on my friend's PC after finishing it on my PS3 and was blown away same with Darksouls.

fpliii
@fpliii

Have you played the 360 or PS3 version for comparison? Curious.

Not this year, sorry. I've bought the PS3 version annually since the year KG was on the cover (2k9 I think) but sat out this year since I figured it would be pointless to buy it for a month's use (since I already had the console preordered).

fpliii
11-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Ok that's cool. Cuz crew mode on 360 u could only do 3 vs 3 half court or 5 vs 5 full court. U needed 5. Couldn't have 2, or 4. So the park sounds like my player blacktop basically. Just more options to join friends and what not.

No crew sucks

Also how is gameplay? Still make dumb shots fadeaway 3 etc

No dumb shots as far as I can tell, a lot of turnovers and blocks though. I get called for five moving screens a game, but it might just be me.

dunksby
11-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Sorry, this is a cut & paste from the video game forum topic, but I thought it might be worth knowing for prospective buyers:

I've heard it looks great and it plays a very solid game of basketball. I did not acquire it but I did here a few tidbits that troubled me. Among them:

1) Create-a-Player has been removed: The ability to create someone is still there to create your MyPlayer (and possibly to edit draft classes on the go) but otherwise, create-a-player is wholly absent. This means no filling in the rest of classic rosters, no filling out current rosters with players not included, and no creating of any sort, really.

3) All rosters must be saved on the server: There is no longer an ability to save rosters locally. Gamers must save them to 2K's servers then re-search and find them (and re-download them) every time they start their game up.

4) All modes aside from Quick Game are now online-dependent. This means if internet is down (or 2K servers, more likely), gamers will not be able to player their MyCareers, MyGM's, etc.

5) 30 team control has been removed from Association: For those looking to control and fix terrible trades and adjustments made by the computer in Association, that is now no longer possible. Only one team can be controlled at a time.

6) MyCareer now features over-the-top, corny, cinematic scenes. Instead of choosing a path, it plays out like a movie, with a pre-determined rival and everything (named Jackson Ellis).

7) Virtual Currency is now present in nearly every mode: Gamers even have to buy the ability to adjust their rotation in Association (or MyGM as it's now referred).
:biggums: :biggums:

tomtucker
11-23-2013, 02:53 PM
"3) All rosters must be saved on the server: There is no longer an ability to save rosters locally. Gamers must save them to 2K's servers then re-search and find them (and re-download them) every time they start their game up.

4) All modes aside from Quick Game are now online-dependent. This means if internet is down (or 2K servers, more likely), gamers will not be able to player their MyCareers, MyGM's, etc."

really ? :eek:

Nero Tulip
11-23-2013, 02:58 PM

Are you from the past? Because what actually happened was the opposite.

Piracy is only a fraction of what it used to be, every game is ported on the PC, and publishers are making a ton of money on that platform.

And with the new streaming technologies, and the steambox coming in a bit, it's the consoles that will take a backseat really soon.

Rake2204
11-23-2013, 03:03 PM
"3) All rosters must be saved on the server: There is no longer an ability to save rosters locally. Gamers must save them to 2K's servers then re-search and find them (and re-download them) every time they start their game up.

4) All modes aside from Quick Game are now online-dependent. This means if internet is down (or 2K servers, more likely), gamers will not be able to player their MyCareers, MyGM's, etc."

really ? :eek:Local roster saves are definitely out. I'm not sure how complicated it is to find the rosters you're forced to save online, but I haven't heard great things from those who like to edit and tinker their own files instead of using the official 2K rosters (which are often lacking in many areas).

And to clarify, it sounds like MyCareer and MyGM may still be playable if you lose an internet connection, but you'd have to begin new files. I could be wrong on that one, but I think it'd make sense. MyCareer and MyGM are saved online by default so if there's no online, it'd make sense there'd be no access to your progress. I've been hearing there's been 2K network issues resulting in some gamers only being able to play Quick Games (or begin offline MyGM or MyCareers from scratch).

dunksby
11-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Are you from the past? Because what actually happened was the opposite.

Piracy is only a fraction of what it used to be, every game is ported on the PC, and publishers are making a ton of money on that platform.

And with the new streaming technologies, and the steambox coming in a bit, it's the consoles that will take a backseat really soon.
:hammerhead:

HoopsFanNumero1
11-23-2013, 03:42 PM
:hammerhead:

Well of course not every game will be ported because Microsoft and Sony have made deals with publishers to only release the games on their consoles, but many games are.

Also, piracy on PC has gone down as Steam has become more popular, and that's a big deal seeing as they actually have a larger active user base than Xbox Live. Not to mention that the PC games are actually cheaper than their counterpart console games.

Heavincent
11-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Gameplay wise, this might be the best sports game ever. 2K12 and 13 were a bit underwhelming for me and a step back from 2K11, so I'm glad they've gotten back on track.

Theoo
11-23-2013, 04:04 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

2k fk** suck a dickes . not gone buy these game . fk** VC fk** piece shit

El Kabong
11-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Buy a controller?

I bought 2K12 on PC and they barely supported it. Released maybe 1 patch and never bothered fixing most of the issues with MyCareer mode.

LosBulls
11-23-2013, 04:27 PM

PC version is current gen.

PS4/Xbox is Next gen.

bdreason
11-23-2013, 04:33 PM
The gameplay is awesome but everything else is borderline annoying. The blacktop mode is kind of cool and should be fun when they iron out the bugs.

Rake2204
11-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Totally not an indication of product quality but still, happy nightmares...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/5u7usepu.jpg

Wavves
11-23-2013, 08:17 PM
I bought 2K12 on PC and they barely supported it. Released maybe 1 patch and never bothered fixing most of the issues with MyCareer mode.

Yep, I played 2k13 on PC and not 1 patch was ever made for it. 2k treat PC gamers like a piece of shit.

LosBulls
11-23-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm streaming Next Gen 2K14 right now on http://www.twitch.tv/s7fowl

If anyone is interested.

Mrofir
11-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Im playing smb 3d world and it's friggin awesome.

fpliii
11-24-2013, 02:51 PM
For those interested, OS just released its review (and they're usually top notch, and relatively unbiased):

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/728/nba-2k14/

B-Low
11-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Totally not an indication of product quality but still, happy nightmares...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/5u7usepu.jpg

You must be like 12 years old. Anyone that watched the NBA in the 90s remembers that Toni Kukoc's head was on backwards.

tomtucker
11-24-2013, 07:10 PM
the backwards man

Noof
11-24-2013, 07:28 PM

All this stuff annoys me so much. The actual gameplay is great but they stripped down everything else. They even removed some features that were in the game at launch. You could edit the torso and leg length of your My Player and apparently other players too, but they removed it. They also removed the in-game defensive settings (double team setting, pick and roll hedging/going under or over the screen, sagging off or playing tight on a shooter, denying someone the ball).

jstern
11-24-2013, 07:50 PM
PC version is current gen.

PS4/Xbox is Next gen.
Actually, PC version is last gen now. PS4/XBox One is current version. Times flying by fast.

LosBulls
11-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Actually, PC version is last gen now. PS4/XBox One is current version. Times flying by fast.
I don't know, I like to consider the "current gen" the system that has the most people on it.

I'd like to give it at least 6 months before calling PS4 and Xbox One the "Current Gen" because most people are still on 360s/PS3s/PCs.