PDA

View Full Version : Are the Blazers Legit?

KG215
11-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Off to a 12-2 start and winners of 9 in a row. They have a home win over the Spurs, but other than that their schedule (going by what some of the "name" teams are doing, i.e. Nets, Bulls, Nuggets) hasn't been that tough so far. After the Spurs win, their best win is probably their win in Denver or tonight's comeback win against the Bulls. Impressive come from behind win, no doubt, but the Bulls were on the second night of a back-to-back. They're also shooting 42% from 3 for the season on 24 attempts per game....something I highly doubt they'll sustain.

I can't say I'm sold or not sold on them simply because tonight was only the second time I've seen them play this year. I'm just curious what Blazer fans and others who have seen them quite a bit think. Are they this year's Warriors? A young, exciting team that gets off to a hot start before eventually coming back down to earth a little bit and eventually settling into the 6-8 spot in the West by season's end?

Inferno
11-23-2013, 01:40 AM
Yeah, I'd put them around the 6-8 seed, maybe 5th if they can keep up the level of defense they played in crunch time today. 3P% will probably go down, but they'll always be getting good looks with Aldridge getting doubled up down low.

And Lillard has been in a slight shooting slump right now, so he has time to improve, along with McCollum possibly making an impact when he returns.

andremiller07
11-23-2013, 01:42 AM
I been saying in every Blazers thread they are legit they got size, low post scoring, shooting and two go to players they are legit. Add in two do it all wing players there starting 5 can **** up anyone. 6th man of the year candidate Mo Will as well yes they are.

JordanL
11-23-2013, 01:46 AM
I keep telling myself they're not legit... I think to keep myself from being disappointed.

Every time I do, Matthews, Aldridge, Batum and Lillard smack me in the face and go, "wrong, try again".

I'm just not sure any more.

If they win a 10th straight, in Oakland tomorrow... then I don't think there's any doubt. If they do that, they are certainly legit, and they are pushing themselves for a top seed.

andremiller07
11-23-2013, 01:48 AM
The Blazers team is legit built for the playoffs as well which makes them super scary I would not be surprised barring injury if they go deep into the post season.

moe94
11-23-2013, 01:48 AM
I find this franchise to be the most tragic in all of sports history.

RoseCity07
11-23-2013, 02:19 AM
I find this franchise to be the most tragic in all of sports history.

How is that? We won a championship. Went to the playoffs 20 straight seasons. Sold out our arena for 25 straight years. Made it to the Finals and lost to some legendary teams. We've had amazing talent (Brandon Roy/Rasheed Wallace/Scottie Pippen) and always paid to have great teams.

How is that tragic? I think there are a franchises that have yet to win a title.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-23-2013, 02:25 AM
Off to a 12-2 start and winners of 9 in a row. They have a home win over the Spurs, but other than that their schedule (going by what some of the "name" teams are doing, i.e. Nets, Bulls, Nuggets) hasn't been that tough so far. After the Spurs win, their best win is probably their win in Denver or tonight's comeback win against the Bulls. Impressive come from behind win, no doubt, but the Bulls were on the second night of a back-to-back. They're also shooting 42% from 3 for the season on 24 attempts per game....something I highly doubt they'll sustain.

I can't say I'm sold or not sold on them simply because tonight was only the second time I've seen them play this year. I'm just curious what Blazer fans and others who have seen them quite a bit think. Are they this year's Warriors? A young, exciting team that gets off to a hot start before eventually coming back down to earth a little bit and eventually settling into the 6-8 spot in the West by season's end?

NO

Wavves
11-23-2013, 02:49 AM
We're definitely overachieving right now, but we have been playing great for the most part. We're not legit in the sense that we're not a championship contender, bit I think we are legit in the sense of being a good team that will make the playoffs.

KNOW1EDGE
11-23-2013, 02:50 AM
I think Neil Olshey has put together a great roster out of thin air.

In the off-season Blazers added Dorell Wright, Robin Lopez, Mo Williams, Thomas Robinson and the injured CJ McCollum.

Lopez has played great this year, he had 13 points and 16 rebounds tonight in the comeback win over Chicago. He is the defensive big man the Blazers have desperately needed.

Wes Matthews has been huge, hitting the 3 ball like crazy.

Aldridge and Lillard are both all-stars.

Blazers will prob finish anywhere from 5-7 in the West.

qrich
11-23-2013, 03:20 AM
I've only seen a quarter here, and a quarter there, so going based solely off that, it seems like they are greatly overacheiving, but will end up in the playoffs unless they just nosedive. Mo Williams was such a good add and RoLo works well with Aldridge.

The Blazers doing so well should also cement Neil Olshey as one of the league's premier general manager, not sure what would.

francesco totti
11-23-2013, 03:21 AM
6 of their wins comes vs east. i want to wait on them playing more vs golden state, clippers, spurs, t-wolves, memphis etc etc

Brokenbeat
11-23-2013, 03:35 AM
I think Neil Olshey has put together a great roster out of thin air.

In the off-season Blazers added Dorell Wright, Robin Lopez, Mo Williams, Thomas Robinson and the injured CJ McCollum.

Lopez has played great this year, he had 13 points and 16 rebounds tonight in the comeback win over Chicago. He is the defensive big man the Blazers have desperately needed.

Wes Matthews has been huge, hitting the 3 ball like crazy.

Aldridge and Lillard are both all-stars.

Blazers will prob finish anywhere from 5-7 in the West.

He's been rebounding really well lately, lol. :bowdown:

All Net
11-23-2013, 03:55 AM
Looking like last years Warriors..

AI Thornton
11-23-2013, 03:58 AM
How is that? We won a championship. Went to the playoffs 20 straight seasons. Sold out our arena for 25 straight years. Made it to the Finals and lost to some legendary teams. We've had amazing talent (Brandon Roy/Rasheed Wallace/Scottie Pippen) and always paid to have great teams.

How is that tragic? I think there are a franchises that have yet to win a title.

I'm thinking he means tragic because you could have had so much more, but luck has really screwed them over and over (mostly due to injuries). Your argument is something that is more fitting if he referred to your team as one of the worst franchises ever.

moe94
11-23-2013, 04:01 AM

Bill Walton
Brandon Roy
Bowie over Jordan
Oden over Durant

Are you serious right now?

KG215
11-23-2013, 04:09 AM
Looking like last years Warriors..
See, that's the connection I want to make but I was able to watch a lot of Warrior games early in the season. This year, due to a much busier schedule, I've only been able to watch two Blazer games. But, for whatever reason, they seem to have that same feel. They're a young, talented team, who's scorching hot from 3, are probably playing a little bit over their heads right now, but will still probably eventually make the playoffs as the 6 or 7 seed in the West. Maybe even finish as high as 5th because right now I'm not as sold on the Clippers and Rockets as I was before the season started. I think the Clippers have some serious defensive issues that can't be fixed unless they make a trade (not very athletic at all on the wings with Redick and Dudley); and the Rockets don't have a bench, have a flawed OKC-like iso offense except they don't have two wing players as good as Durant and Westbrook to make it consistently work, and they're terrible defensively.

This is going to sound silly, but the Blazers were my favorite team to play with on 2K13 last year. I actually got through an entire franchise season with them. But the reason being is because I really liked their starting 5 and thought it had the potential to be one of the best, deepest, and most balanced starting units in the entire league. Just needed to add a few bench pieces and a decent center and they were good to go. They've got a very good frontcourt scorer in Aldridge, very good 3P shooters on the perimeter, and two solid wing defenders in Batum and Matthews.

I'm still not sure they're on the same level as the Spurs, OKC, Warriors, and maybe the Clippers and Grizzlies (I think the Grizzlies are close to turning the corner and getting back on track), but I do think they're a legit playoff team.

andremiller07
11-23-2013, 04:37 AM
I'm still not sure they're on the same level as the Spurs, OKC, Warriors, and maybe the Clippers and Grizzlies (I think the Grizzlies are close to turning the corner and getting back on track), but I do think they're a legit playoff team.
While the Blazers don't have a out and out top 5 player like the Clippers imo they are a better built team for the playoffs than the Clippers are, Spurs are better and the Warriors right now are on the same level as Portland. Grizzlies imo have regressed they are all a year older and still the same.

In a playoff series I could see the Blazers giving the Thunder all sorts of issues tbh.

BlazerRed
11-23-2013, 04:37 AM
We're a good team, but not a contender. 5th is the ceiling, but it's more likely we'll finish 6-8. We just don't have the star power. We have a solid group of players, but our biggest "star" is LMA. A great player, but even the Mavs who no one expected to win the finals had Dirk, who was far better than any player on this current Portland roster.

KG215
11-23-2013, 04:47 AM
While the Blazers don't have a out and out top 5 player like the Clippers imo they are a better built team for the playoffs than the Clippers are, Spurs are better and the Warriors right now are on the same level as Portland. Grizzlies imo have regressed they are all a year older and still the same.

In a playoff series I could see the Blazers giving the Thunder all sorts of issues tbh.
Eh...I think you're selling a little too high on the Blazers right now. I'm still in "wait and see" mode. If they maintain this until about the All-Star break, then I'll start to buy in a little more in terms of their chances in a playoff series against teams like the Thunder and Warriors. The Clippers, for now, I can sort of get on board with, though.

But in a series against OKC, the Thunder would still have the two best players in the series, and the best by a considerable margin. That goes a long way in the playoffs in my opinion. Now, if Westbrook for whatever reason doesn't get back to form, then you could make a case that the Blazers would have he second best player in Aldridge. And while OKC is young in some spots, they still have 7 or 8 players who have been through the playoff wringer while the Blazers core just doesn't have the same playoff chops, and I think that can be big in determining a playoff series. Not saying the Blazers wouldn't give OKC trouble (maybe make it a 6 game or very hard fought 5 game series), but I can't see them actually beating the Thunder.

andremiller07
11-23-2013, 04:51 AM
Eh...I think you're selling a little too high on the Blazers right now. I'm still in "wait and see" mode. If they maintain this until about the All-Star break, then I'll start to buy in a little more in terms of their chances in a playoff series against teams like the Thunder and Warriors. The Clippers, for now, I can sort of get on board with, though.

But in a series against OKC, the Thunder would still have the two best players in the series, and the best by a considerable margin. That goes a long way in the playoffs in my opinion. Now, if Westbrook for whatever reason doesn't get back to form, then you could make a case that the Blazers would have he second best player in Aldridge. And while OKC is young in some spots, they still have 7 or 8 players who have been through the playoff wringer while the Blazers core just doesn't have the same playoff chops, and I think that can be big in determining a playoff series. Not saying the Blazers wouldn't give OKC trouble (maybe make it a 6 game or very hard fought 5 game series), but I can't see them actually beating the Thunder.
Yeah I agree with that, I guess I'm overrating them more on the build or the team rather than performance so far, they are unselfish tough, can D and other than Lopez literally every single starter can step up and get there own which imo teams like Memphis, Clippers and even OKC don't have (but make up for in star power). They still got the rookie to come back to add more scoring punch.

To me as long as they stay injury free and make the playoffs they can easily hang with anyone in a 7 game series.

Myth
11-23-2013, 04:58 AM
Still have not played a tough team on the road.

Blazers have only beaten 2 team with winning records (Spurs & Bulls). Both were home games. The Spurs game was the home opener, which home teams generally come prepared for those. Rose left the game with an injury, which has to be pretty deflating for the rest of the team.

Blazers are beating teams that they are supposed to beat, which is important for making the playoffs, but to be an upper seed, you have to beat the other teams that having winning records too.

iamgine
11-23-2013, 05:20 AM
Blazers core team - Lillard, Wes, Batum, Aldridge - are very very solid.

They needed a legit center and a good bench, and they got it this season. Reminds me of mid 2000s Detroit Pistons. There's no reason they can't beat anyone. Maybe the only thing left is a great coach, I don't know how good Terry Stotts is.

Myth
11-23-2013, 06:01 AM
They needed a legit center

Just to go off on a little side note, I am so pleased with Robin Lopez. NBA fans have shitted on him for years, and when the Blazers got him and fans showed a little excitement about him replacing Hickson, people kept telling us that we will be disappointed. But he has been great IMO. He does exactly what we need him to do. He's got a little Joel Przybilla in him, who was a fan favorite.

BlazerRed
11-23-2013, 06:03 AM
Just to go off on a little side note, I am so pleased with Robin Lopez. NBA fans have shitted on him for years, and when the Blazers got him and fans showed a little excitement about him replacing Hickson, people kept telling us that we will be disappointed. But he has been great IMO. He does exactly what we need him to do. He's got a little Joel Przybilla in him, who was a fan favorite.
The dude gives it his all. Very good to see, and he's been very solid. A huge step up from Hickon in terms of what this team needed.

Myth
11-23-2013, 06:07 AM
Since I'm here, might as well leave my 20,000th post in a thread about how legit the Blazers are. :rockon:

BlazerRed
11-23-2013, 06:09 AM
Since I'm here, might as well leave my 20,000th post in a thread about how legit the Blazers are. :rockon:
:cheers: :rockon:

iamgine
11-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Robin's pretty replaceable by many other centers even in other team's benches IMO. Nothing special. But he's much better than Hickson in this team because...well Hickson's not a center.

I hope Portland get to keep this core together.

All Net
11-23-2013, 06:30 AM
At Warriors tonight will be interesting

Myth
11-23-2013, 06:36 AM
I think a thread was deleted that I had posted in, so I get to have a 20,000th post for the 2nd time! :banana:

Myth
11-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Robin's pretty replaceable by many other centers even in other team's benches IMO. Nothing special. But he's much better than Hickson in this team because...well Hickson's not a center.

I hope Portland get to keep this core together.

He is replaceable, but at the same time we were having a hard time finding somebody with his fit in the first place, so I'll take it for now. As I'd stated before, I think the goal for this season is make some noise in the playoffs and gain the attention of vets. After that, then maybe we can lure in a better C and more depth.

All Net
11-23-2013, 06:43 AM
What's the ceiling for Lillard? He's what 22? How good can he be? Top 5? Derrick Rose level of 2011?

Artillery
11-23-2013, 07:26 AM
What's the ceiling for Lillard? He's what 22? How good can he be? Top 5? Derrick Rose level of 2011?

Top 5? No.

2011 Derrick Rose? Sure, but only because '11 Rose isn't that amazing. Didn't deserve MVP that year...especially over Lebron. Hell, Tony Parker last year was just as good as '11 Rose which says a lot about how overrated Rose was back then.

iamgine
11-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Reasonably I'd guess he will be at Tony Parker level.

All Net
11-23-2013, 08:15 AM
In terms of are blazers legit

Outside of spurs and Thunder I think they deserve right now to be talked about with the likes of Clippers, Warriors, Rockets.. Guess will see after this stretch.

Home wins over Pacers and Thunder would make people take notice.

JordanL
11-23-2013, 03:11 PM
In terms of are blazers legit

Outside of spurs and Thunder I think they deserve right now to be talked about with the likes of Clippers, Warriors, Rockets.. Guess will see after this stretch.

Home wins over Pacers and Thunder would make people take notice.

I wish Iggy was playing tonight, because if healthy I think a win in Oakland over Golden State would really end this line of questioning. Everyone would have to accept the Blazers are legit.

As it stands, the next real test of a game comes at home against Indiana then OKC.

They might also drop one of the games on the road against Phoenix and the Lakers.

Clifton
11-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Absolutely not. Is this really a question?

Well it depends what you mean by "legit." Last year they were a playoff darkhorse. This year they'll probably make the playoffs, but there's no way they're making the conference finals. They're not as good as their record, they're just hot.

Love Lillard and Aldridge tho. And this team will continue to improve. They could be a contender in a few years if things go right. I hope they do.

Clifton
11-23-2013, 03:32 PM
All-star level point guard for at least the next decade. Guy whose impact and intangibles say more than his numbers.

If he's a top 5 player, that will mean the league is really short on stars, like it is now. With this upcoming draft coming in I don't think he'll ever be top 5. He could be top ten though.

Fresh Kid
11-23-2013, 03:57 PM
tha failblazerz are not legit, number 6 seed at best:coleman:

Mr. Jabbar
11-23-2013, 04:12 PM
we will know they are legit when lebron performs black magic on their best player

fiddy
11-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Gawdbe already prophesied it.
https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/322224974997889024

BlazerRed
11-23-2013, 04:19 PM
tha failblazerz are not legit, number 6 seed at best:coleman:
Naww poor Knicks :(

JordanL
11-24-2013, 02:25 AM
Whelp. I think it's pretty safe to say the Blazers are in fact legit. Quite possibly second round team, WCF if they play over their heads.

BlazerRed
11-24-2013, 02:28 AM
I LOVED LMA's game tonight, especially the second half. He didn't shoot well, but when he kept backing down Bogut and Lee and drawing fouls, that was the LMA we want to see. He was also super aggressive on the boards. 20+ for LMA, I can hardly believe it. Lopez was unreal protecting around the rim with 4 blocks. No Mo Williams for half the third and the last quarter.

LOVE this season. Wow :applause: :rockon:

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-24-2013, 02:34 AM
Blazers core team - Lillard, Wes, Batum, Aldridge - are very very solid.

They needed a legit center and a good bench, and they got it this season. Reminds me of mid 2000s Detroit Pistons. There's no reason they can't beat anyone. Maybe the only thing left is a great coach, I don't know how good Terry Stotts is.
qft.

I asked some Blazer fans in the summer how good Stotts was (his win% before this season was fairly bad), but they seemed to like him.

But yeah, I had Blazers as an 8 seed before season started. Now I think they can survive and make top 4. Lillard and LMA are just awesome and the couple games I've seen, Matthews has been a shooting monster. Their bench can keep up w/ any other bench in the league. I think Lillard has the potential to be like a less athletic DRose but w/ a higher bball IQ and slightly better shot.

Anyway, are Blazers "legit"? Guess it depends on how you define "legit". I don't think they're title contenders, just b/c of their youth/inexperience. But I think they can compete w/ any team in the league for 7 games. I'd say they're legit.

edit:

Reasonably I'd guess he will be at Tony Parker level.
just saw this. Guess that fits my description above lol.

Phantom_Blue
11-24-2013, 02:43 AM
I wonder what the health situation is going to be for the front-court, later in the season, it seems Stotts is riding the starters through this winning streak, which I don't blame him I guess.

T-Rob has shown flashes, but his minutes have been really inconsistent, wonder if Stotts doesn't trust him. Also what happened to Meyers Leonard, guy got meaningful rotation minutes last year, no longer in the rotation.

SacJB Shady
11-24-2013, 02:44 AM
blazers won 10 in a row and just won in Oakland with Mathews out.

BlazerRed
11-24-2013, 02:51 AM
I wonder what the health situation is going to be for the front-court, later in the season, it seems Stotts is riding the starters through this winning streak, which I don't blame him I guess.

T-Rob has shown flashes, but his minutes have been really inconsistent, wonder if Stotts doesn't trust him. Also what happened to Meyers Leonard, guy got meaningful rotation minutes last year, no longer in the rotation.

No one trusts T-Rob. Dude is super inconsistent and does a lot of dumb shit. He's good for a couple highlight players, maybe a solid game every now and then, but I certainly don't think anyone has much hope for him. That's coming from the people I've spoken to anyway.

Meyers Leonard I'm not too sure about. Obviously getting Lopez reduced his opportunities a lot, but he's not even getting backup minutes.

andremiller07
11-24-2013, 02:54 AM
Size + Shooting + Two go to players + Two do it all wings = success in playoffs

Myth
12-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Legit.

kurple
12-05-2013, 07:50 AM
too early to tell IMO. wont know for sure until we see how they do in the playoffs

it's easy to be a good regular season team. nuggets fans knows this

but i really like the way this roster is built. and hats of to the blazers for building the right way (not tanking)

Myth
12-05-2013, 08:01 AM
too early to tell IMO. wont know for sure until we see how they do in the playoffs

but i really like the way this roster is built. and hats of to the blazers for building the right way (not tanking)

Yeah, playoffs have been rough on the Nuggets. Still important to establish confidence in an inexperienced team like the Blazers in the regular season before getting to the playoffs. Also, not being a lower seed helps them get teams easier to beat in the playoffs to build that experience. You only learn so much squeaking into the playoffs as an 8th seed and getting swept.

Trentknicks
12-05-2013, 08:05 AM

To be totally honest they got a pretty damn sweet deal out of the Wallace to the Nets trade. Kudos to them because trades like that can't happen very often.

andremiller07
12-05-2013, 08:08 AM
What ever happened to Meyers Leonard? He is just really that bad he can't sneak into the rotation ahead of Freeland (who has been solid). If they can get him up and going his size/athletic ability is a nice weapon to have off the bench.

Myth
12-05-2013, 08:15 AM
What ever happened to Meyers Leonard? He is just really that bad he can't sneak into the rotation ahead of Freeland (who has been solid). If they can get him up and going his size/athletic ability is a nice weapon to have off the bench.

He has a long way to go. He looks completely lost when he is out there, particularly on defense. He needs to take a lesson from Freeland and work his ass off if he ever wants to see the court outside of injury subs and garbage time.

andremiller07
12-05-2013, 08:20 AM
He has a long way to go. He looks completely lost when he is out there, particularly on defense. He needs to take a lesson from Freeland and work his ass off if he ever wants to see the court outside of injury subs and garbage time.
True, I just wish Thomas Robinson as well was not so god damn stupid out there and just played the right way he would be much a better asset as well, some of his shot selection is just terrible and he takes em for no reason. He just needs to go out there play hard no worry about scoring unless it's a putback and he will help the team way more.

But yeah I love the way this team plays been saying since the start of the season they legit the toughness/team chemistry and go to players means it's such a well built team.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Yes.

TheReturn
12-05-2013, 09:08 AM
They're good, but not top 4 western conference good. I think they end up being 5 or 6 seed.

All Net
12-05-2013, 09:41 AM
They're good, but not top 4 western conference good. I think they end up being 5 or 6 seed.

I think after Spurs and OKC I don't think there are other teams who you could say are better. guess will see.

alenleomessi
12-05-2013, 09:42 AM
still not good enough for a 2nd round imo

TheReturn
12-05-2013, 10:34 AM
I think after Spurs and OKC I don't think there are other teams who you could say are better. guess will see.
Alright maybe I put it too strong. If you ask me, the two best teams at the end of the regular season will be the Spurs and Thunder. Then the Rockets, Warriors, Blazers and Clippers will be fighting over 3/4/5/6, followed by Dallas, Denver and Minny fighting over the last playoff spots. Maybe the Lakers will be in that last category as well, depending on how Kobe looks.

I feel like the Warriors and Rockets should be better teams than the Blazers, based on the talent they have. Clippers are tricky..

All Net
12-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Alright maybe I put it too strong. If you ask me, the two best teams at the end of the regular season will be the Spurs and Thunder. Then the Rockets, Warriors, Blazers and Clippers will be fighting over 3/4/5/6, followed by Dallas, Denver and Minny fighting over the last playoff spots. Maybe the Lakers will be in that last category as well, depending on how Kobe looks.

I feel like the Warriors and Rockets should be better teams than the Blazers, based on the talent they have. Clippers are tricky..

As I said the top two likely will end up as we know but Portland are just as good as the others IMO..will see if they keep it up but I don't see why they won't. It's why the west is so wide open..Rockets have the star power but the quailty after that? not sure to be honest.

TheReturn
12-05-2013, 11:14 AM
As I said the top two likely will end up as we know but Portland are just as good as the others IMO..will see if they keep it up but I don't see why they won't. It's why the west is so wide open..Rockets have the star power but the quailty after that? not sure to be honest.
First of all I just think the Blazers have been making a whole lot of jumpers up to this point in the season, once Matthews, Lillard and Batum cool off, guarding LMA will be easier for opponents too. Secondly, their defense in not very impressive. Thirdly, I don't like their bigs apart from LMA at all. I will say I like their offensive system a lot though.

I really do like the team, I just think they've been overachieving and won't be able to keep it up.

All Net
12-05-2013, 11:16 AM
First of all I just think the Blazers have been making a whole lot of jumpers up to this point in the season, once Matthews, Lillard and Batum cool off, guarding LMA will be easier for opponents too. Secondly, their defense in not very impressive. Thirdly, I don't like their bigs apart from LMA at all. I will say I like their offensive system a lot though.

I really do like the team, I just think they've been overachieving and won't be able to keep it up.
Maybe we will see but even when their jumper is off they have been winning games like vs the Pacers. If Aldridge keeps up this form he can be that post option. What makes him so hard to guard is he can play in and out. They are fun to watch though. One team who I love to watch. Very excited team to watch even against bad teams.

UtahJazzFan88
12-05-2013, 11:27 AM
They are a good solid top 4-5 team in the West, but I see them like last years Denver team, I don't really trust them in a 7 game playoff series with their personnel. I feel like Aldridge is going to come back to earth a bit more as the season goes on.

DMAVS41
12-05-2013, 12:01 PM
They are a good solid top 4-5 team in the West, but I see them like last years Denver team, I don't really trust them in a 7 game playoff series with their personnel. I feel like Aldridge is going to come back to earth a bit more as the season goes on.

You say this as if LA is playing way over his normal level.

He really isn't.

He's at 24/10/3 on 52% TS for the seasosn.

In 2011 he averaged 22/9/2 on 55% TS

In 2012 he averaged 22/8/3 on 56% TS

In 2013 he averaged 21/9/3 on 53% TS

Now that he can pretty much just play his natural position. I see no reason why his production will come down. In fact, I'd bet his efficiency goes up from here.

I bet he finishes the season at 23/10/3 54% TS

andremiller07
12-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Last year's Denver team didn't have a single big who could do anything when they were boxed-out and none of the big's could play defence nor did they have the 3 point shooting Portland has. Two completely different teams and two completely different styles.

Clifton
12-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Remember the Knicks the first quarter of last season?

They weren't just hitting jumpers, they were playing beautiful basketball. I dont' care if the Blazers keep hitting their shots... I just want to see if they can keep up playing their system all year. Rather than get impatient when the shots stop falling, playing selfishly, and throwing the whole thing in the toilet like the Knicks did.

I<3NBA
12-05-2013, 07:26 PM
what's their defensive ranking? if it isn't top 5, they aren't legit. their offense will come crashing down in the playoffs.

look at NY last playoffs.

leMVP
12-05-2013, 07:29 PM
The contenders are:

Tier 1: Miami, Spurs, OKC, Pacers

Tier 2: Clippers, Blazers, Houston, GSW

Tier 3: Denver, Dallas, Memphis (with Gasol).