PDA

View Full Version : November 2013 Derrick Rose knee injury is meniscus tear to right knee, needs surgery

DuMa
11-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Bulls guard Derrick Rose sustained an injury to his right knee against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night.

Subsequent examinations and an MRI confirmed a medial meniscus tear to his right knee, which will require surgery.

Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=14819

According to Yahoo Sports, “It is unclear when – or if – Rose will return this season. If Rose decides to reattach the meniscus – usually the route taken by young players – he’ll be expected to miss the rest of the regular season. To clip off the meniscus is a riskier long-term issue, but could have Rose back in one to two months.”

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-23-2013, 06:29 PM
SMH. We're being robbed as NBA fans, man.

fiddy
:violin:

TheMarkMadsen
Damn.

bagelred
Anywho, I was right in a sense. I knew it wasn't ACL because if it was, he could still walk.

This is definitely better than ACL, no matter how long he's out.

Meticode
11-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Out of everything that is happening with this and the reactions. I wonder what is going through Rose's mind right now?

kurple
11-23-2013, 06:30 PM
:cry:

AirFederer
11-23-2013, 06:31 PM
:(

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4612407/fat-lady-sings-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/4612407/fat-lady-sings.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

moe94
11-23-2013, 06:31 PM
I feel absolutely retarded for talking shit about Rose all these years.

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Better than a ligament.

TheMarkMadsen
Out of everything that is happening with this and the reactions. I wonder what is going through Rose's mind right now?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Meticode
I feel absolutely retarded for talking shit about Rose all these years.
Care to elaborate on this?

Sgt. Brody
How long does that type of injury keep you out for?

Meticode
11-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Well I wonder what his mindset is. Is he thinking, "****, why should I even try? I'm just going to get injured again and I won't be what I was?" or "I'm going to come back from this and be better than ever."

I'm just wondering if he's in a give-up mode or if he feels he can come back from this.

niko
Are to elaborate on this?
what happened to you?

TheMarkMadsen
How does somebody recover confidence wise from all these injuries.

Can he ever play care free worry free basketball again?

Meticode
11-23-2013, 06:34 PM
They said it's possible season-ending. With Derrick rose and the way he rehabbed from the last recovery. I wouldn't doubt this whole season and maybe part of next season.

fiddy
I need to blow some trees and get some hookers/strippers after the surgery.

kurple
Well I wonder what his mindset is. Is he thinking, "****, why should I even try? I'm just going to get injured again and I won't be what I was?" or "I'm going to come back from this and be better than ever."

I'm just wondering if he's in a give-up mode or if he feels he can come back from this.
what else can he do? cant retire, but he'll never be the same

Go Getter
11-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Tough blow for us Bulls fans. Times are gonna be hard with all the trolling and joking and drudging through low scoring games but we will persevere. I have a feeling good things will come out of all this even if we have to wait a couple years.

'Tis hard not to feel for D. Rose.

DuMa
no time table set until after surgery but im guessing 2 months. but in Rose's case he might not want to risk it again and sit out for the entire year again. Westbrook tore his meniscus most recently and didnt play again for 6 months but he also had the offseason to work that in with. He wasnt pressured to come back when he was ready to play.

Torn meniscus you can play on but theres a certain pain tolerance you can live with and how badly it can swell after games. Metta played 2 weeks after having surgery on his torn meniscus. Granted, Metta is dumb

niko
He's going to miss another season. Awful.

Meticode
what happened to you?
Can you be more specific?

brantonli
11-23-2013, 06:36 PM

http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2013/10/2/4794108/sherman-interview-dr-david-geier-russell-westbrook-meniscus-injury

Westbrook tore his meniscus too, but he came back in amazingly quick time (5 months recovery), so basically it looks like Rose will be out until March if he follows the Westbrook schedule. also don't forget, westbrook was supposed to come back in mid-December, not 5 games into the season like what he actually did. So I reckon that Rose may be out of the entire season again.

bagelred
http://adamvonwillis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/f-u-c-k.gif

Jameerthefear
Do the Bulls try to trade D-Rose?

Meticode
11-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Tough blow for us Bulls fans. Times are gonna be hard with all the trolling and joking and drudging through low scoring games but we will persevere. I have a feeling good things will come out of all this even if we have to wait a couple years.

Don't worry, when you play us Cavs you'll still beat us.

Burgz V2
They said it's possible season-ending. With Derrick rose and the way he rehabbed from the last recovery. I wouldn't doubt this whole season and maybe part of next season.

its possible but unlikely

a lot of meniscus injuries actually heal pretty fast after surgery. There won't be any timetable until the day after the surgery. The range varies drastically depending on what the extent of the injury was and where it is, but in any case the usual range is 6-8 weeks. I seriously doubt he stays out until next year.

Anyways get well soon D Rose.

Go Getter

I honestly don't think he was the same after the ACL. He could still bounce but a lot of the layups he had didn't have that spring to them and we didn't get to see him take off with two feet and sky like he did pre-injury.

I don't know what to say...obviously I'm biased and a bit emotional because the Bulls have been my favorite team since I was a youngin' but we need to rebuild and plan for a life without Rose.

:cry:

CelticBaller
Grant Hill 2.0

Leftimage
11-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Are to elaborate on this?

Well, for one I'll say Rose is excused for having waited a long time before returning... I think deep down he, and maybe his personal doctor, knew his body was prone to injury - in which case extra caution would have been warranted. Of course this isn't the type of info a player would want to make public..

I can only imagine what it's like having to ''hold back'' efforts out of fear for re-injury, on a stage as grand as the NBA. Must be quite the mind**** for Rose right now - He'll have to consider foregoing the driving layups altogether in the future... which sucks horribly for such a young talent.

b1imtf
Damn, that's tough...

Meticode
I'm just wondering what he's thinking right now. Not what he can do. There's a ton of things you can do in life when shit happens to you, but what do you feel and think after it initial happens?

Go Getter
Don't worry, when you play us Cavs you'll still beat us.
Yeah because that's what I was worrying about:facepalm

Rik Smits' Hair
:banghead:

DeuceWallaces
11-23-2013, 06:39 PM
That's an outpatient scope procedure. You walk out of the facility when you're done. Should only take a few months for recovery.

The bad news, is that he appears to have unstable knees and will likely never be the same.

Meticode
11-23-2013, 06:40 PM
its possible but unlikely

a lot of meniscus injuries actually heal pretty fast after surgery. There won't be any timetable until the day after the surgery. The range varies drastically depending on what the extent of the injury was and where it is, but in any case the usual range is 6-8 weeks. I seriously doubt he stays out until next year.

Anyways get well soon D Rose.
Well I'm throwing Rose's mental mindset in there too since he took so long for the last recovery because he wanted to be "110%".

GrapeApe
11-23-2013, 06:40 PM
I tore my meniscus and only needed arthroscopic surgery. Hopefully that wil be the case with Rose.

Leftimage
11-23-2013, 06:41 PM
From wiki:

Studies have also shown with increasing time between ACL injury and ACL reconstruction, there is an increasing chance of meniscus tears. This study showed meniscus tears occurring at a rate of 50-70% depending on how long after the ACL injury the surgery occurred.

AirTupac
11-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Imagine if the Suns ever got a hold of Rose.

Meticode
11-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Yeah because that's what I was worrying about:facepalm
When they showed the Bulls winning percentage without Rose playing I laughed thinking, "I wish the Cavs could have that winning percentage period." It was like a 58% winning percentage when he didn't play. And over 70% when he did play.

RoseCity07
That's what I thought it was when I saw it last night. Some people were saying torn ACL but no way. It reminded me of when Roy got hurt. He wasn't on the ground in pain by you could see it was painful to run. The good news is Rose will be back. I hope the repair it rather than remove a part of the cartilage. The repair takes longer to recover from but his knee will keep that cushion.

Haymaker
From wiki:

Studies have also shown with increasing time between ACL injury and ACL reconstruction, there is an increasing chance of meniscus tears. This study showed meniscus tears occurring at a rate of 50-70% depending on how long after the ACL injury the surgery occurred.

He injured the other knee, not sure if this applies.

PizzamanIRL
11-23-2013, 06:44 PM
He should recover and come back as a spot up shooter. j/k

His confidence will be shattered when he comes back, will probably be afraid to play his old/old style.

Leftimage
11-23-2013, 06:45 PM
He injured the other knee, not sure if this applies.

I didn't know it was the other knee :eek: :eek:

Wonder if that makes it worse or better ? In either case Rose has a tough road ahead.

Budadiiii
11-23-2013, 06:45 PM
The MVP will be out for the season a third straight time. Wow.

alenleomessi
11-23-2013, 06:46 PM
so this is basically better than expected but still bad?

DuMa
11-23-2013, 06:46 PM
well time for the Bulls to blow it up.

Quickening
11-23-2013, 06:48 PM

http://0.tqn.com/d/phoenix/1/0/e/X/2/tumbleweeds01.jpg

ILLsmak
11-23-2013, 06:50 PM
That's an outpatient scope procedure. You walk out of the facility when you're done. Should only take a few months for recovery.

The bad news, is that he appears to have unstable knees and will likely never be the same.

Yeah, I mean, that's still serious in the sense of an injury, but it's not serious like that last one was. I wonder what will happen to him as a player.

I feel it's a failure overall for the training staff. Why did he come in so much heavier? That's stupid.

How could they let him injure the other one? I mean, I know it's not entirely their fault, but it still feels like a failure on the part of the medical staff to put him in this position. It seems pretty obvious that it was due to him (and this is not trolling lol) actually having problems with muscle memory.

That's why I think people are stupid for laughing at him for saying his muscle memory wasn't ready when, really, because of the injury he had to learn how to walk, run, and jump again. Even if it was the same way he did before (which it was likely not), he had to get the confidence. Injuring his other leg on a play like that where it was an awkward step makes it seem like he wasn't ready or was compensating wrong in his movements and putting himself at risk often.

It's been such a short time since he's been back. I don't think even if he recovers physically enough to play well that he'll ever be the same simply because now he will have to learn how to do all of that shit AGAIN and not have a good leg to favor. Or, you know, maybe it'll balance out and he'll get over it.

Who knows.

-Smak

b1imtf
11-23-2013, 06:50 PM
I didn't know it was the other knee :eek: :eek:

Wonder if that makes it worse or better ? In either case Rose has a tough road ahead.
Better and worse I guess? On one side, he didn't do further damage to his "weaker" knee, on the other he has two bum knees

wlee43
11-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I mean, that's still serious in the sense of an injury, but it's not serious like that last one was. I wonder what will happen to him as a player.

I feel it's a failure overall for the training staff. Why did he come in so much heavier? That's stupid.

How could they let him injure the other one? I mean, I know it's not entirely their fault, but it still feels like a failure on the part of the medical staff to put him in this position. It seems pretty obvious that it was due to him (and this is not trolling lol) actually having problems with muscle memory.

That's why I think people are stupid for laughing at him for saying his muscle memory wasn't ready when, really, because of the injury he had to learn how to walk, run, and jump again. Even if it was the same way he did before (which it was likely not), he had to get the confidence. Injuring his other leg on a play like that where it was an awkward step makes it seem like he wasn't ready or was compensating wrong in his movements and putting himself at risk often.

It's been such a short time since he's been back. I don't think even if he recovers physically enough to play well that he'll ever be the same simply because now he will have to learn how to do all of that shit AGAIN and not have a good leg to favor. Or, you know, maybe it'll balance out and he'll get over it.

Who knows.

-Smak

why do u always write ur name after the post. u entitled or something?

Le Shaqtus
11-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Do you think he was overcompensating on his other knee to not put so much pressure on his injured one? Or it could have just been a freak accident...

Can't imagine what he's thinking right now, two busted knees and the season really only just started...

Go Getter
11-23-2013, 06:53 PM
I saw it coming. He was landing on his front [right] foot when coming down from jumpshots and probably favoring that right leg in more ways than meet the eye.

Meticode
why do u always write ur name after the post. u entitled or something?
He's a respected poster and it's always been his style.

NumberSix
This is bad. It's looking like another one of these guys who never really gets back due to injuries piling up.

guy
11-23-2013, 06:55 PM
no time table set until after surgery but im guessing 2 months. but in Rose's case he might not want to risk it again and sit out for the entire year again. Westbrook tore his meniscus most recently and didnt play again for 6 months but he also had the offseason to work that in with. He wasnt pressured to come back when he was ready to play.

Torn meniscus you can play on but theres a certain pain tolerance you can live with and how badly it can swell after games. Metta played 2 weeks after having surgery on his torn meniscus. Granted, Metta is dumb

This might make him want to take the opposite approach. I mean, no one is saying that this would've been more likely to happen had he came back earlier. Unless that's the case, he maybe thinking to himself that he might not want to waste anymore opportunities playing basketball and possibly winning a title, which is kinda what he did last year. Might make him realize that these risks are going to be there regardless.

DeuceWallaces
11-23-2013, 06:57 PM

Who knows.

-Smak

Doesn't have to have anything to do with his long recovery. He could easily have unstable joints and loose connective tissue. A meniscus tear isn't a big deal but I'm sure this isn't the last of his joint injuries.

Diagnosis shouldn't be that surprising. Outside of a separation or dislocation that's about the only thing that would prevent him from being able to walk.

KyleKong
11-23-2013, 06:58 PM
I think Derrick Rose will go down as the biggest "What ifs" in Sports history.

Hope I am wrong though, hope he returns soon and stays healthy.

Meticode
11-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Look at DW the PhD. :sleeping

chips93
11-23-2013, 07:01 PM
http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2013/10/2/4794108/sherman-interview-dr-david-geier-russell-westbrook-meniscus-injury

Westbrook tore his meniscus too, but he came back in amazingly quick time (5 months recovery), so basically it looks like Rose will be out until March if he follows the Westbrook schedule. also don't forget, westbrook was supposed to come back in mid-December, not 5 games into the season like what he actually did. So I reckon that Rose may be out of the entire season again.

i thought this setback was due to an infection, or some complications from the surgery, not the torn meniscus itself

Heavincent
It sucks, but the reality is that Rose has been very injury prone since his MVP season. Even before the ACL tear, he was dealing with nagging injuries for most of that season. Worst part is that he doesn't really have any way to compensate for any explosiveness he loses. He will probably have to completely change the way he plays.

RoundMoundOfReb
This is good news, right? Westbrook and Griffin both came back strong after Meniscus tears. Better than an ACL right?

wlee43
11-23-2013, 07:02 PM
when he comes back wouldnt he now put pressure on his left knee because of this injury? it seems that his knees are imbalanced and hard to fix that now

KyleKong
11-23-2013, 07:02 PM
This is good news, right? Westbrook and Griffin both came back strong after Meniscus tears. Better than an ACL right?

One of the silver linings too is that it was a tear on his other knee rather the both injuries on the same knee.

DeuceWallaces
11-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Look at DW the PhD. :sleeping

ACL reconstruction left knee
ACL reconstruction right knee
MCL slipped and torn left knee
Sublexation of right knee cap
Separated left knee
Torn MCL left knee
Torn PCL right knee

LosBulls
http://www.gifsoup.com/view6/1991689/d-rose-got-moves-lol-oiad-o.gif

http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1991697/d-rose-got-moves-lol-oiad2-o.gif

Real Men Wear Green
well time for the Bulls to blow it up.
The problem with that idea is they will be hampered by Rose's now immovable contract, as no one is trading for him right now. The supporting cast is good enough to make the playoffs, may as well sell tickets as a playoff team for a few years. Trade for a scoring guard to do a poor imitation (welcome back Nate?) and give the fans a team they can support.

I don't think a Thibodeau-led team would tank properly anyhow, the man won't stop coaching defense.

salwan
11-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Damn, he just can't catch a break.
I feel sorry for Drose and bulls fans. Stay strong!

With regards to westbrook.. did he not have a second surgery, because the doctors fcked up his initial procedure ? I remember Stephen a smith talking about it.

So if it were his first injury, maybe he could come back earlier that Russel. But after two major injuries like that in a short time span I can see Drose taking longer than russ.

LosBulls
11-23-2013, 07:09 PM
The problem with that idea is they will be hampered by Rose's now immovable contract, as no one is trading for him right now. The supporting cast is good enough to make the playoffs, may as well sell tickets as a playoff team for a few years. Trade for a scoring guard to do a poor imitation (welcome back Nate?) and give the fans a team they can support.

I don't think a Thibodeau-led team would tank properly anyhow, the man won't stop coaching defense.
We still got an amnesty clause.

Meticode
11-23-2013, 07:12 PM
ACL reconstruction left knee
ACL reconstruction right knee
MCL slipped and torn left knee
Sublexation of right knee cap
Separated left knee
Torn MCL left knee
Torn PCL right knee
It was a joke. It didn't warrant a defensive reply. :applause:

SamuraiSWISH
11-23-2013, 07:14 PM
I honestly don't think he was the same after the ACL. He could still bounce but a lot of the layups he had didn't have that spring to them and we didn't get to see him take off with two feet and sky like he did pre-
He really wasn't the same physically. He tried convincing us and probably himself he could actually jump higher but that clearly wasn't the case. No two footed explosions at the rim for dunks, or acrobatic layups. He made for his previous athletic standards very pedestrian plays.

Even his quickness wasn't totally where it used to be. He used to blow by any and everyone in a blink of an eye. He struggled many times to blow by people in the dramatic fashion he used to ... I saw the need for a lot of pick and rolls that he used to not need.

Oh well, blow the roster up. Rebuild, ship Deng, Boozer out. Hell get rid of Thibs. He doesn't understand player management on their bodies, and slowly building up a team with different gears by playoff time. The guy is sometimes too determined to win meaningless building block games in pointless months of the season. He can't see the forest beyond the trees. He's a defensive coach that's it.

Noob Saibot
11-23-2013, 07:17 PM
From wiki:

wow. that's f*cked up.

chazzy
11-23-2013, 07:19 PM
He better get it repaired and not removed. Snipping the meniscus is a shorter recovery which is what CP3 and Artest did, but losing your cartilage is bad long term. Stitching it together is a much longer recovery process but you're better off long term.

Shade8780
11-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Damn, do I feel sorry for DRose right now. One of the most down to earth guys in the NBA so it's terrible to see him becoming injured non-stop these past couple years. He won't ever be the same after this surgery along with the ACL on the other. And strangely enough, Brandon Roy is trending on Twitter since the news of Rose's injury came out. All this for nothing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G8yTscgOnw

che guevara
11-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Hard to believe he'll ever be the same after this, I can't think of any player in history who basically missed two full seasons (and three playoffs) and came back even remotely the same.

As others have said, he's this generation's Penny Hardaway.

Frozen1
Rose should seek the brazilian soccer player Ronaldo for confidence.

Ronaldo ruptured a tendon in his knee and was out for 5 months. Then in his comeback game he played 7 minutes and tore his ACL. He was 15 months out and came back to win the 2002 world cup, including scoring 2 goals against Germany in the finals.

Human Error
I feel bad for Rose and hope for a speedy recovery. I have torn both my ACL and meniscus in 2011 and one bright side is though a torn meniscus sucks, it is not as bad as a torn ACL and he will have a better chance of coming back close to 100%. And I did not believe when Rose was saying how he got better after the surgery and how he got to have a 44 inch vertical leap because I knew that is not how it works after an ACL reconstruction.

Vancouver-Grizz
11-23-2013, 07:32 PM
This will shorten his career for sure. Meniscus tear for a PG is deadly considering he just had a ACL tear on his other knee. This will take alot out of his knees comfort as it is basically padding between his bones. Hopefully he take the careful approach and operate to reattach it then removing it. Look what is happening to Dwade's knee!

k0kakw0rld
11-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Rose should seek the brazilian soccer player Ronaldo for confidence.

Ronaldo ruptured a tendon in his knee and was out for 5 months. Then in his comeback game he played 7 minutes and tore his ACL. He was 15 months out and came back to win the 2002 world cup, including scoring 2 goals against Germany in the finals.
You gotta be strong mentally for that. Derrick Rose style of play needs to change dramatically. I can imagine what he is going through. It really sucks to see an athlete down especially someone like D Rose.

hawkfan
11-23-2013, 07:34 PM
He should go ahead and sit out the rest of this season, get healthy and then see if he can come back next season.

Meticode
11-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Apparently on Twitter there's a lot of speculation on what road Rose will take for the MLC. Some people are saying he could have it removed which will make him faster than re-attaching it, but he'll have a shortened career.

Other's are saying mend it, trim it, etc.

Frozen1
11-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Apparently on Twitter there's a lot of speculation on what road Rose will take for the MLC. Some people are saying he could have it removed which will make him faster than re-attaching it, but he'll have a shortened career.

Other's are saying mend it, trim it, etc.

I think Wade took out the meniscus when he was younger. Look what

tomtucker
11-23-2013, 07:46 PM
if he really had weak joints, would they not have ruptured allready in college ?
i bet it

Meticode
11-23-2013, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=Frozen1]I think Wade took out the meniscus when he was younger. Look what

sportsfan76
11-23-2013, 07:49 PM
A point guard with 2 surgically repaired knees:facepalm

KG215
11-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Anywho, I was right in a sense. I knew it wasn't ACL because if it was, he could still walk.

People can still walk off the field/court after tearing an ACL. In some instances people have actually played parts of or the remained of games on an ACL tear, granted the only instances I've heard of are NFL linemen who don't do nearly as much lateral moving/cutting as an NBA player.

I played high school ball with a guy who practiced (sort of) for a couple of days on a torn ACL.

boozehound
11-23-2013, 07:54 PM
People can still walk off the field/court after tearing an ACL. In some instances people have actually played parts of or the remained of games on an ACL tear, granted the only instances I've heard of are NFL linemen who don't do nearly as much lateral moving/cutting as an NBA player.

I played high school ball with a guy who practiced (sort of) for a couple of days on a torn ACL.
that is what he is saying. You can still walk after an ACL tear. Because he couldnt walk, he knew it wasnt an acl

KG215
11-23-2013, 08:01 PM
that is what he is saying. You can still walk after an ACL tear. Because he couldnt walk, he knew it wasnt an acl
Yeah...I was unclear because of the way he worded it.

Mrofir
11-23-2013, 08:03 PM
for the sake of devil's advocate -- I've torn my meniscus (+PCL) and jogged easily off the court, hoping I could walk/jog it off, and knowing inside that something was wrong. Nobody could believe I was taking myself out of the game, they thought I was fine. It took about 3 days to finish swelling and lose mobility, and I didn't feel 100% again for about 18 months (elected to not have surgery).

Everyone's different and it's impossible to tell what these injuries are until you scan it. That's why ESPN doesn't have an expert who can predict injuries based on the way the replay looks. If it was possible, someone would be doing it.

gts
11-23-2013, 08:04 PM
From wiki:

Studies have also shown with increasing time between ACL injury and ACL reconstruction, there is an increasing chance of meniscus tears. This study showed meniscus tears occurring at a rate of 50-70% depending on how long after the ACL injury the surgery occurred.I believe it's the other knee

TheMarkMadsen
11-23-2013, 08:09 PM
He looked explosive against Denver

Go Getter
11-23-2013, 08:12 PM
He really wasn't the same physically. He tried convincing us and probably himself he could actually jump higher but that clearly wasn't the case. No two footed explosions at the rim for dunks, or acrobatic layups. He made for his previous athletic standards very pedestrian plays.

Even his quickness wasn't totally where it used to be. He used to blow by any and everyone in a blink of an eye. He struggled many times to blow by people in the dramatic fashion he used to ... I saw the need for a lot of pick and rolls that he used to not need.

Oh well, blow the roster up. Rebuild, ship Deng, Boozer out. Hell get rid of Thibs. He doesn't understand player management on their bodies, and slowly building up a team with different gears by playoff time. The guy is sometimes too determined to win meaningless building block games in pointless months of the season. He can't see the forest beyond the trees. He's a defensive coach that's it.

I still saw the same type quickness although I think he was really trying to take it easy and not get hurt.

What I didn't see was that explosion to the rim vertically. He was staying in front of his man quite well and still had the jets when he wanted to I thought he legs were just getting fatigued a bit in the second half.

This is the pits for Bull's fans...I guess we will have to look forward to the draft and hope we can get some more young talent in.

Calabis
11-23-2013, 08:15 PM

I tore my left ACL, I continued to play after I did it. I did more damage,(bone bruise) but I could walk. I paid later for it though

Human Error
11-23-2013, 08:21 PM

Dejuan Blair has been playing with ACL's on both knees removed from his college days. Maybe he's built strong muscle around his knee areas but that's not normal.

code green
11-23-2013, 08:42 PM
So, it's not an ACL? Good news.

poido123
11-23-2013, 08:46 PM

We go on supporting the team, that's what good fans do.

Rose is a determined character, he will come back from this.

LA_Showtime
11-23-2013, 08:48 PM
I just don't see him coming back from this injury and being the same player. Wouldn't be surprised to see his career go in the trajectory as Arenas.

robert de niro
11-23-2013, 09:15 PM
meniscus injuries are usually messy, hope he gets through all of this

DeuceWallaces
11-24-2013, 04:09 PM
meniscus injuries are usually messy, hope he gets through all of this

Actually, they're not. It's one of the simplest; they just snip out the torn portion and slip it back in place if it moved. It doesn't require any grafting or hardware.

fos
11-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Damn the Bulls are going to miss his 16 ppg on 35% shooting and 4.3 to 3.4 assist to turnover ratio. I for one am glad I won't have to hear about him or (hopefully) see his stupid adidas commercials for the remainder of this season.

L.Kizzle
11-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Actually, they're not. It's one of the simplest; they just snip out the torn portion and slip it back in place if it moved. It doesn't require any grafting or hardware.
Gilbert Arenas tore his and was never the same again (pre gun-totting Arenas might I add.)

diamenz
11-24-2013, 08:57 PM
man, rose is prob thinking 'wat am i doing wrong - why god, why?' i'd be ready to side with the devil at this point lol... poor guy.

Haymaker
11-24-2013, 08:59 PM
I just don't see him coming back from this injury and being the same player. Wouldn't be surprised to see his career go in the trajectory as Arenas.

I see Michael Redd 2.0

Funnyfuka
11-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Damn the Bulls are going to miss his 16 ppg on 35% shooting and 4.3 to 3.4 assist to turnover ratio. I for one am glad I won't have to hear about him or (hopefully) see his stupid adidas commercials for the remainder of this season.
lol.

iTare
11-25-2013, 12:22 PM
He's out for the remainder of the season :(

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/405005703959441408

SilkkTheShocker
11-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Oh well, that sucks. At least Chicago fans can look forward to the warm weather and their safe neighborhoods.

iTare
11-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Oh well, that sucks. At least Chicago fans can look forward to the warm weather and their safe neighborhoods.
Thats coldblooded, Silkk.

Nuff Said
11-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Buurnn!:lol

HoopsFanNumero1
11-25-2013, 12:35 PM

Daaaamn :lol

bigkingsfan
11-25-2013, 12:41 PM
All in for D-Rose, quick Adidas needs a new commercial.

CeltsGarlic
11-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Maaan adidas will lose money because of this.

edrick
11-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Adidas wearers are cursed.

Unstoppabull
11-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Damn! :lol

Unstoppabull
11-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Ridiculous. So Rose torn his ACL last year, and despite being cleared for months, still sits out for the remainder of the season, saying that he wants to come back in top form. And he's said he's going to be better than ever, yet he comes back still being nowhere near the Rose of the past for 10 something games. And knocks himself out again with a torned meniscus.:facepalm

Look at Westbrook right now. And I bet Kobe is going to look way better than Rose after injury as well.

Doranku
11-25-2013, 01:43 PM

Holy shit. :oldlol:

nathanjizzle
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM

like how safe and good the weather is in the Philippines?

stay mad living in irrelevancy
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/the-10-most-youthful-cities-in-the-world-8962432.html?action=gallery&ino=6

SilkkTheShocker
11-25-2013, 03:27 PM
like how safe and good the weather is in the Philippines?

stay mad living in irrelevancy
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/the-10-most-youthful-cities-in-the-world-8962432.html?action=gallery&ino=6

Chicago is a gigantic shit hole, son. As for the Philippines, I've never been there. But im sure there is less risk getting shot in the face walking down the street there, than in shitty Chicago

Go Getter
11-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Chicago is a gigantic shit hole, son. As for the Philippines, I've never been there. But im sure there is less risk getting shot in the face walking down the street there, than in shitty Chicago
:facepalm

You just don't get tired of being a little classless POS do you?

nathanjizzle
11-25-2013, 03:39 PM

is that your biggest concern in life is getting shot in the face? it shouldnt be a concern at all since it would end your pathetic garbage life.

DuMa
11-25-2013, 03:44 PM
first pic post-op

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZ7qqY2CAAAUVVJ.jpg

SilkkTheShocker
11-25-2013, 03:44 PM
:facepalm

You just don't get tired of being a little classless POS do you?

LOL at this lowlife Chicago thug calling anyone a POS. I bet you're posting from a stolen computer.

TylerOO
11-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Why is he gonna be out for the season? Aren't these injuries a couple months at most usually?

SilkkTheShocker
11-25-2013, 03:46 PM
is that your biggest concern in life is getting shot in the face? it shouldnt be a concern at all since it would end your pathetic garbage life.

Attacking me won't bring Rose back. Nor will it get you out of your garbage ass city.

Jameerthefear
11-25-2013, 03:46 PM
silkk still a clown as usual..

HoopsFanNumero1
11-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Why is he gonna be out for the season? Aren't these injuries a couple months at most usually?

We're talking about D-Rose here.

SilkkTheShocker

I would assume it would have something to do with Rose being one of the most mentally soft players in NBA history. Even when it heals, he will be too scared to finish off the rest of the season. You know, like last year when he was the healthiest player on his team. But decided to sit out and eat candy the bench like a little bitch.

Go Getter
LOL at this lowlife Chicago thug calling anyone a POS. I bet you're posting from a stolen computer.

Haha:rolleyes:

The hate in your words says a lot about you man...it's sad that everyone but you can see it. I hope you get help for your mental afflictions and attain healthier outlets for your [misplaced] anger.

Hotep

SilkkTheShocker
11-25-2013, 03:49 PM
silkk still a clown as usual..

And you're still an anime watching, closet case. Life isn't fair, I guess.:oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
11-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Haha:rolleyes:

The hate in your words says a lot about you man...it's sad that everyone but you can see it. I hope you get help for your mental afflictions and attain healthier outlets for your [misplaced] anger.

Hotep

Kick rocks, thug. Save those words of wisdom at the homeless shelter you will be eating your Thanksgiving turkey from.

bagelred
11-25-2013, 03:54 PM
first pic post-op

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZ7qqY2CAAAUVVJ.jpg

Would she stop taking pictures and give the man a sponge bath already? It's the least she could do.

Jameerthefear
11-25-2013, 03:55 PM
don't let em get under your skin gogetter. he's just a loser :cheers: he can make fun of me all he wants but it doesn't get to me.

Junker
11-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Damn it's really sad when something like this happens. I wish DR a thorough and successful recovery so we can watch him play again.

BlazerRed
11-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Kick rocks, thug. Save those words of wisdom at the homeless shelter you will be eating your Thanksgiving turkey from.
Whoa whoa whoa you're saying my taxes are going to buying bums turkey?!