PDA

View Full Version : Should the Bulls blow the team up?

97 bulls
11-23-2013, 08:18 PM
What do fans want the Front Offfice to do? Is Rose gonna be out for six months? And then you dont know how he's gonna be athleticly? This is a huge gamble. Both ways. With a healthy Rose, the Bulls are contenders. And in my opinion, so close to getting over the hump. It took over a decade for the Bulls to finally become relvant again, and let's face it, we dont have shrewd front office management. And in my opinion, a cheap owner. What if Rose never returns to form and we end up with another Hill or McGrady?

If I were gonna look to blow up the team, I'd trade everyone but Noah and Butler. But that means the Bulls would probably sink back down and be terrible for years to come.
What would you do? What do you do with Rose and his contract? He's young, but seems to going down the path of other great players before him.

Lastly and most importantly is precedent. The front office broke up the 90s dynasty because they saw what happened to other great teams of the past when their core players grew old. And waited too long to make a move. Do they apply the same logic to Rose and cut their losses? Or do what the Magic did Hill, and Portland with Oden.

I just feel we're at a crossroads. What do you think?

Mrofir
11-23-2013, 08:21 PM
whatever the rationale is should be based on specific contracts and scenarios. The idea of "blowing a team up" is too broad of a strategy and isn't appropriate in every scenario. I don't know much about the contract situation in Chicago but personally, from what I know, I don't think this team needs to be blown up.

Keep in mind -- there were people talking nonsense about blowing up the Spurs in the mid 2000s.

DMAVS41
11-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Depends on the goal. They have a playoff team capable of winning a round right now without Rose. If that is what the owners want...then they should keep the team.

If the main goal is to win the title? They should shed everyone they can now for young players and picks and be awful the rest of this year and 1 or 2 more.

inclinerator
11-23-2013, 08:28 PM
no, if they could replace rose with some scorers they can win it all

hawkfan
11-23-2013, 08:31 PM
They won't have any choice but to draft another point guard or possibly even to trade for one (Luol Deng is a free agent next summer).

DMAVS41
11-23-2013, 08:40 PM
They won't have any choice but to draft another point guard or possibly even to trade for one (Luol Deng is a free agent next summer).

They should definitely trade Deng now.

hawkfan
11-23-2013, 08:44 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens forever):

Magic get

Luol Deng (expirer)

Bulls get

Arron Afflalo
Jameer Nelson (expirer)

Magic clear out the shooting guard spot for Oladipo and get Deng for small forward. They also clear out another 7 million in cap space for next summer.

Chicago gets Nelson to run the point guard and Afflalo to start at shooting guard. Also they clear out the small forward position for Jimmy Butler.

DMAVS41
11-23-2013, 08:47 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens forever):

Magic get

Luol Deng (expirer)

Bulls get

Arron Afflalo
Jameer Nelson (expirer)

Magic clear out the shooting guard spot for Oladipo and get Deng for small forward. They also clear out another 7 million in cap space for next summer.

Chicago gets Nelson to run the point guard and Afflalo to start at shooting guard. Also they clear out the small forward position for Jimmy Butler.

Great deal for both teams.

longtime lurker
11-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Bulls fans what do you think about making a run for Melo? We all know that the Bulls are too competitive to tank(and I respect the hell out of the organization for that) so would you want to make a move for Melo? Even with Rose you needed another player that can create his own shot. Deng, Gibson+picks for Melo?

imnew09
11-23-2013, 09:08 PM
They wont. Noah, Thid, Deng wont do it.

Upgrayedd
11-23-2013, 09:09 PM
It's time to move on from the Derrick Rose era. Completely rebuild, bring in a new coach. I don't care about being loyal anymore. I don't care if Rose is a home town guy. Time to trade him. He plays too carelessly. He didn't change one bit from the last time. He's never going to change his style of play and will always be injured. Screw it. He's to blame for these injuries. He won't change his play at all and play smart basketball. He's broken down now.

Funnyfuka
11-23-2013, 09:10 PM
no, if they could replace rose with some scorers they can win it all
nah, only rose and noah were good, now rose is gone it's only noah. Everyone else is garbage in their team. Keep noah and tib and change everything/one else.

I don't care about being loyal anymore

Haha, asshole.

poido123
11-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Bulls fans what do you think about making a run for Melo? We all know that the Bulls are too competitive to tank(and I respect the hell out of the organization for that) so would you want to make a move for Melo? Even with Rose you needed another player that can create his own shot. Deng, Gibson+picks for Melo?

I respect Melo and he's a good player, but I really don't like him much.

I like the Magic trade proposed earlier. Afflalo and Nelson for Deng.

Mrofir
11-23-2013, 09:13 PM
why is this only 1 thread?

We really need 3

TheMarkMadsen
11-23-2013, 09:15 PM
I think planting a bomb in the lockeroom to murder all the Bulls players is a bit of an overreaction to a torn meniscus

Mrofir
11-23-2013, 09:16 PM
I think planting a bomb in the lockeroom to murder all the Bulls players is a bit of an overreaction to a torn meniscus

Good luck with the NSA :cheers:

Haymaker
11-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Just tank the season and play the lottery then clean up the team and get better reserves. Rose should be back by then.

WhySoInsecure?
11-23-2013, 09:17 PM
They should try and go after Rondo. Maybe a package including Butler, Gibson and a pick or two would work.

Another option would be Lowry, who would fit right in and could probably be picked up for their 2 1st round picks and Kirk.

The roster they have is solid, they just need to go out and get a reliable point guard.

Mrofir
11-23-2013, 09:18 PM
They should try and go after Rondo. Maybe a package including Butler, Gibson and a pick or two would work.

Another option would be Lowry, who would fit right in and could probably be picked up for their 2 1st round picks and Kirk.

The roster they have is solid, they just need to go out and get a reliable point guard.

Butler is like a Noah -- I think you gotta keep them type player right der

WhySoInsecure?
11-23-2013, 09:22 PM
He's a nice young wing man but there's plenty of those out there. Right now they need a point guard who can run their offense.

If they get Rondo they can let Rose take his time and if he ever comes back there's no reason why he can't play the 2.

Bigsmoke
11-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Parker would be sweet lol

Mrofir
11-23-2013, 09:27 PM
He's a nice young wing man but there's plenty of those out there. Right now they need a point guard who can run their offense.

If they get Rondo they can let Rose take his time and if he ever comes back there's no reason why he can't play the 2.

fantasy world -- they trade very little for Nash and hope he makes a full recovery in time for March/April/Playoffs and see what happens

*disclaimer, please do not judge this idea by its actual merits

TheMarkMadsen
11-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Bulls should..

Deng + Gibson, Bobcats pick, 1st rounder

For

Melo, Amare, Martin

Bulls get an scorer capable of taking them deep into the playoffs. Amare & Martin make decent back ups at the 4

Knicks start over with cap space for the off season, get some picks and a good PF in Gibson who Woodson would love.

sportsfan76
11-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Depends on the goal. They have a playoff team capable of winning a round right now without Rose. If that is what the owners want...then they should keep the team.

If the main goal is to win the title? They should shed everyone they can now for young players and picks and be awful the rest of this year and 1 or 2 more.

This Bulls team without Rose cannot win a round at all so I have no idea what you are talking about. And I don't even see them making the playoffs without Rose so you basically on here talking crazy lol

Remember, they blew a 21 pt lead WITH ROSE

Upgrayedd
11-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Not only do they need to blow up the team and bring in a new roster. But they need to change their entire mind set. It's time to stop only bringing in players who only know how to play defense. They have nobody who can score on a consistent basis. I'd like a new coaching staff a new GM. Replace everyone.

WhySoInsecure?
11-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Not only do they need to blow up the team and bring in a new roster. But they need to change their entire mind set. It's time to stop only bringing in players who only know how to play defense. They have nobody who can score on a consistent basis. I'd like a new coaching staff a new GM. Replace everyone.
Jeez, why would they want players who play defense...

Upgrayedd
11-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Jeez, why would they want players who play defense...

You missed my point. The ONLY bring in guys who fit their whole "style". Since Paxson became GM back in 2003 and we went through the Skiles era and even now. The Bulls just go after that type of hardworking player who will play defense and grab rebounds. The closest the Bulls have come to having a pure scorer is Ben Gordon. They have no one who can put up 20+ PPG on a regular basis.

WhySoInsecure?
11-23-2013, 10:22 PM
You missed my point. The ONLY bring in guys who fit their whole "style". Since Paxson became GM back in 2003 and we went through the Skiles era and even now. The Bulls just go after that type of hardworking player who will play defense and grab rebounds. The closest the Bulls have come to having a pure scorer is Ben Gordon. They have no one who can put up 20+ PPG on a regular basis.
Want JR Smith?

Upgrayedd
11-23-2013, 10:30 PM

No you don't. Everyone should be available for trades after this. Noah, Taj, Deng, Rose, Butler.

Upgrayedd
11-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Want JR Smith?

If Rose wasn't hurt, JR Smith on this current team would be good. He could come off the bench and really help this team out. Because this team is awful on offense.

I'll say this about this situation now, I'll wait and see how long Rose will be out. If he'll be back by the end of this season then I wouldn't blow up the entire team. I'd keep Noah and Butler. But then this offseason the Bulls top priority should be to go after another star player. Bring in Melo who is a free agent. This team is going nowhere with just Rose as the only star.

DuMa
11-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Thibs needs to change his philosophy. He cant expect his players to keep up with his demanding style and come out of it being healthy. All of his players playing major minutes, Boozer being the only exception i can think of, for the last 3-4 years has had very significant injuries

Upgrayedd
11-23-2013, 10:44 PM
I see why Thibs was only an assistant coach for so long. He's a good assistant but as the head coach he runs the players into the ground. Everyone is injured or worn out by the end of the regular season. He's just a better version of Scott Skiles. It's time for a new coach.

97 bulls
11-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Well, your best player is now going to have had major surgery on both his knees. Mind you a player whose efectiveness is greatly dependent on those knees

The JKidd Kid
11-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Nets get:
Derrick Rose
Carlos Boozer

Bulls get:
Deron Williams
Mason Plumlee

Worth a try right? :confusedshrug:

Upgrayedd
11-23-2013, 10:53 PM
No to Deron Williams. He's just as injured as Rose. The only point guards I'd trade Rose for are CP3, Rondo or Westbrook.

Fresh Kid
11-23-2013, 10:56 PM
bulls need a better bench and nate Robinson back

97 bulls
11-23-2013, 10:57 PM
If Rose wasn't hurt, JR Smith on this current team would be good. He could come off the bench and really help this team out. Because this team is awful on offense.

I'll say this about this situation now, I'll wait and see how long Rose will be out. If he'll be back by the end of this season then I wouldn't blow up the entire team. I'd keep Noah and Butler. But then this offseason the Bulls top priority should be to go after another star player. Bring in Melo who is a free agent. This team is going nowhere with just Rose as the only star.
This should have been their main priority since they saw they had something in Rose. I hold the FO responsible partly for doing such a terrible job getting him the help he needed.