PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Not Happy w/ Teammate Mins: "Guys need to be humble"

Noah Rose
11-23-2013, 08:56 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/11/dwight-howard-rockets-need-to-know-when-to-take-a-breather/

Rockets center Dwight Howard said teammates might have to play less minutes more often.

James Harden is 4th and Chandler Parsons is 7th in the NBA in minutes played per game.

Howard has only played an average of 35.2 minutes, the 31st most in the NBA.

“We have to play four consistent quarters of basketball,” Howard said. “It can’t be one quarter or two quarters or three. It has to be four. Guys have to know their limits, know when they need a break, be humble enough to raise their hand and get somebody else in to play those minutes. A lot of times, guys cruise. I’ve cruised a couple times, wanted to stay out there longer.

“You can’t do that if you want to be a great team. You have to go out there and go hard and play 48 minutes as hard as you can, whether that’s 20 minutes, five minutes, 30 minutes (each), we have to all give it all and trust that the guy off the bench is going to give us the same effort or more. We all have to get to that level where we trust each other and trust that the guy that is going to come in for us will come in with the same intensity. Once we get there, we’ll be a tough team to beat.”

Meticode
11-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Did Howard really say team-mates need to be humble when he asked the Lakers to amnesty Kobe and fire D'Antoni to keep him? :roll:

Funnyfuka
11-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Lol.

STATUTORY
11-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Dwight howard giving advice about chemistry, modesty and how to be a team player? :roll:

kamil
11-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Dwight's such a drama king.

TheMarkMadsen
11-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Such a passive aggressive oversized female.

hawkfan
11-23-2013, 09:01 PM
The Rockets should sit out Howard in the first ten minutes of the fourth quarter, play Asik, and then put him in during the final 2 minutes of the game.

Other quarters regular minutes for Howard.

Mrofir
11-23-2013, 09:02 PM
This guy is a joke.

I love how Kobe said recently in an interview that this is D12's chance to finally break out and average 25+ppg, knowing full well the guy has no offensive game and no real ability to lead a team -- and that it wouldn't work in Houston with the rest of the roster being so much more offensively capable.

D12 is just a baby, a small child -- doesn't get it. Can't lead, can't function. Won't change. Don't know how SVG got so much out of him in Orlando.

SVG = underrated coach

longtime lurker
11-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Did Howard really say team-mates need to be humble when he asked the Lakers to amnesty Kobe and fire D'Antoni to keep him? :roll:

:roll: :roll: Dwight talking about being humble is like...well it's like Dwight talking about the importance of family planning

Mrofir
11-23-2013, 09:06 PM
:roll: :roll: Dwight talking about being humble is like...well it's like Dwight talking about the importance of family planning

:banana:

fiddy
11-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Dwight's such a drama queen.
fixed

b1imtf
11-23-2013, 09:10 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

coin24
11-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Pretty standard bullshit coming from dwight..:oldlol:

Haymaker
11-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Is it too early for buyer's remorse? :roll:

Mrofir
11-23-2013, 09:20 PM
I'll just throw prediction this out there.

Rockets have fantastic team chemistry. If Dwight can actually manage to be a locker room challenge for this team, his career won't recover.

Haymaker
11-23-2013, 09:23 PM
So he's saying Chandler and Harden are making their team lose? :facepalm What a dumb clown.

TheReal Kendall
11-23-2013, 09:33 PM
He really need to keep his mouth shut and just play ball

Funnyfuka
11-23-2013, 09:38 PM
I swear harden is not happy with howard. Something is going to happen between the two.

Kobe 4 The Win
11-23-2013, 09:42 PM

Bwahahahaha!

Rockets(T-mac)
11-23-2013, 09:50 PM
How can one person constantly say such stupid things? Seriously, why can't he just shut up and play ball....

robert de niro
11-23-2013, 09:55 PM
How can one person constantly say such stupid things? Seriously, why can't he just shut up and play ball....
http://i.imgur.com/AcaJAEz.jpg

moe94
11-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Irony of this magnitude should be grounds for decapitation.

hawkfan
11-24-2013, 01:36 AM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/11/dwight-howard-to-appear-on-sesame-street/

Dwight Howard on Sesame Street.

Xsatyr
11-24-2013, 02:00 AM
He didn't even say anything bad.You girls are sensitive.

andgar923
11-24-2013, 02:01 AM
Queen Dwight gotta Queen Dwight

Phantom_Blue
11-24-2013, 02:25 AM
Despite his past and character, Dwight's voice is needed on a team where the "leader" doesn't play a lick of defense and the coach has his head up the leader's ass.

Something needed to be said, and he is the only one with enough influence to make something happen.

This is one situation where I believe Dwight's behavior will actually help the team.

YouGotServed
11-24-2013, 03:11 AM

This. I read the quote and was disappointed. He didn't say anything even remotely controversial. Dwight haters grasping at straws as usual.

Pretty sad actually.

reppy
11-24-2013, 03:36 AM
This. I read the quote and was disappointed. He didn't say anything even remotely controversial. Dwight haters grasping at straws as usual.

Pretty sad actually.

It's easy to tell who reads the title and who reads the entire post.

TMac&Luther
11-24-2013, 03:37 AM

Yep, I was about to post the same thing.. I actually agreed with much of what he said. We had to sit Harden tonight, because his foot flaired up again.. Brooks came in and played lights out. They need to sit Harden a little and let him get fully healthy. The only thing I disagree with what he said is about the players needing to put their hands up. Managing minutes is not on the players or the players' job, it's on the coaches, so while I agree with Dwight's comments about players getting a breather more often so they'll be stronger in the 4th quarter (and that's been our problem this year) that's on Kevin McHale.. it's his job.

However regarding the moronic responses and overblowing a meaningless statement. That's just what we're going to have to deal with from ISH trolls and butthurt Laker fans all season long. It doesn't even bother me, I just laugh at it. Especially the butthurt laker fans, they act like jilted ex-girlfriends. :lol

Legends66NBA7
11-24-2013, 03:54 AM
What's Howard regarding about "guys cruise" ? So, guys are only giving half of the effort ? If so, he goes on to say "I've done it a couple of times". Great leadership....

Let the play do the talking... your actually a damn good player when you do that, Howard.

Kaspah
11-24-2013, 04:05 AM
I'll just throw prediction this out there.

Rockets have fantastic team chemistry. If Dwight can actually manage to be a locker room challenge for this team, his career won't recover.

+1

TMac&Luther
11-24-2013, 04:08 AM
What's Howard regarding about "guys cruise" ? So, guys are only giving half of the effort ? If so, he goes on to say "I've done it a couple of times". Great leadership....

Let the play do the talking... your actually a damn good player when you do that, Howard.

:facepalm

Every player cruises.. You think starters who play 35 min plus during a 82 game schedule which consists of back 2 backs just run up and down the court going all out the entire game? That's not even realistic. Every player will take a play off here or there to catch their breath. Offensive players who exert so much energy on that side of the court take plays off all the damn time on the defensive end.. especially when they have a big lead.

His point was, due to the lack of rest, they've blown leads and haven't been there in the 4th quarter. Everything he said was true.. the fact that he said it is a sign of leadership.. He's just wrong about the players having to pull themselves out of games. Players don't do that, the coaches do and I'm beginning to think McHale is a incompetent coach. Relegating minutes aside, he's made other decisions that have cost us wins this season.

Legends66NBA7
11-24-2013, 04:13 AM
His point was, due to the lack of rest, they've blown leads and haven't been there in the 4th quarter. Everything he said was true.. the fact that he said it is a sign of leadership.. He's just wrong about the players having to pull themselves out of games. Players don't do that, the coaches do and I'm beginning to think McHale is a incompetent coach. Relegating minutes aside, he's made other decisions that have cost us wins this season.

Yeah, McHale should probably get replaced.

IMO, all this talk should be in the locker room, not to be talked about in the media.