PDA

View Full Version : All This Wiggins Hype Should Make Us Appreciate Young Kobe

IGOTGAME
11-24-2013, 04:00 PM
I've heard people on this forum say wiggins isn't raw and was as skilled as Kobe was at the same age. Just thought I'd post this in case some of you forgot or never saw 17 year old Kobe.

Here is Kobe's first game in summer lg. He was 17.Wiggins is 18 and will be 19 in February. Skill-wise watch the difference.

http://youtu.be/-0M0Hmy_78E

http://youtu.be/LE7iCJHscu4

midatlantic09
11-24-2013, 04:02 PM
As a guy who saw Kobe play in 4 high school games during his senior year, Wiggins is nowhere near where Kobe was at 17/18. People who think otherwise are crazy and probably never saw Kobe play an entire game as a high school senior.

Wiggins is more athletic than Kobe was at 17/18, but Kobe was better in every other area.

#number6ix#
11-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Damn I swear kobe plays the same way now as he did then... He had that fadeaway from the post since day one... Also he shot 20 freethrows in 27mins them Niqqas was some hacks

Quickening
11-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Kobe must have dominated as soon as he entered the NBA...

G-Funk
11-24-2013, 08:03 PM
he had skills that players at 28 are still trying to develop.

HylianNightmare
11-24-2013, 09:53 PM
that would be a sick jersey to have

Dave3
11-24-2013, 10:21 PM
He's a couple weeks from turning 18 in those videos. He was 18 by the time of his first NBA game. Same age Wiggins is now.

IGOTGAME
11-24-2013, 10:25 PM
He's a couple weeks from turning 18 in those videos. He was 18 by the time of his first NBA game. Same age Wiggins is now.

And wiggins turns 19 in February. Fact is he was younger and there was a world of difference skill wise.

Dave3
11-24-2013, 10:30 PM
And wiggins turns 19 in February. Fact is he was younger and there was a world of difference skill wise.
And Kobe turns in August. They have a 6 month difference between them if you're comparing at the same ages, not a full year like the OP implies. And yeah Kobe is definitely more skilled at that point. Wiggins isn't hyped though based on his skill at a young age, he's hyped on a lot more than that.

outbreak
11-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Wiggins isn't hyped though based on his skill at a young age, he's hyped on a lot more than that.
If you go purely on how they play now Parker and Randle are far more refined than Wiggins

IGOTGAME
11-24-2013, 10:36 PM
And Kobe turns in August. They have a 6 month difference between them if you're comparing at the same ages, not a full year like the OP implies. And yeah Kobe is definitely more skilled at that point. Wiggins isn't hyped though based on his skill at a young age, he's hyped on a lot more than that.

He is a really good prospect. But the Lebron/Kobe comparisons are absurd because at his point they were just easy better than him. I've heard people say he reminds them of Kobe with certain moves and it's a joke and an insult to Kobe.

And he is hyped because of his physical gifts. He should be hyped but the lack of skill is also glaring. Guy has been in the national eye for a while why hasn't he developed it. It's not like his peers didn't do it? He really doesn't excel at anything on the court besides being really athletic. That's great and I might take him #1 but this hype is absurd. This is from someone who has been posting about wiggins for the last 3-4 years.

moe94
11-24-2013, 10:41 PM
On a similar note, Dante Exum has left me absolutely unimpressed. I kept reading Penny 2.0 with even better athleticism and I don't see that whatsoever, like not even remotely.

If you go purely on how they play now Parker and Randle are far more refined than Wiggins

Randle bullies people he has size on and fouls everyone. Watch what happens when he gets into the NBA.

IGOTGAME
11-24-2013, 10:48 PM
On a similar note, Dante Exum has left me absolutely unimpressed. I kept reading Penny 2.0 with even better athleticism and I don't see that whatsoever, like not even remotely.

Randle bullies people he has size on and fouls everyone. Watch what happens when he gets into the NBA.

I didn't get a chance to watch Penny in college but I'm big on Exum. I think he will be an all star and a guy you want on your team because he plays the right way, projects to be a plus defender, and has great ability to break down a defense. Guy is a great combination of size, length, quickness and body control.

outbreak
11-24-2013, 10:58 PM
I didn't get a chance to watch Penny in college but I'm big on Exum. I think he will be an all star and a guy you want on your team because he plays the right way, projects to be a plus defender, and has great ability to break down a defense. Guy is a great combination of size, length, quickness and body control.

and he's a victorian! get him up here, i love him, i want to boof him!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fxR0YCMYyA4/S3QHa3qBzwI/AAAAAAAAAS8/dR0JkYIgMEg/s320/bill-lawry2.jpg

Noone here will have a clue what I'm quoting

Hoopz2332
11-25-2013, 05:57 AM
teenage bron is better than both

IGOTGAME
12-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Kansas isn't even guarding Wiggins lol