PDA

View Full Version : CP3 is averaging 19/12/5/2/ 58 TS% this season.

longhornfan1234
11-24-2013, 08:12 PM
How great is our Point God? :bowdown: :bowdown:

Young X
11-24-2013, 08:26 PM
16 pts/17 asts, only 1 turnover (:eek:) today too.

Bigsmoke
11-24-2013, 08:38 PM
He is a great player:confusedshrug:

outbreak
11-24-2013, 08:39 PM
and yet he still is the most embarrassing player in the league. Seriously flop gifs of him make the rounds and ruin the NBA's image to casual fans and potential new fans.

longhornfan1234
11-24-2013, 08:40 PM
16 pts/17 asts, only 1 turnover (:eek:) today too.

He's clearly the best PG in the game.

Ai2death
11-24-2013, 08:43 PM
and yet he still is the most embarrassing player in the league. Seriously flop gifs of him make the rounds and ruin the NBA's image to casual fans and potential new fans.

Not just him, any big star how flops. Really got to crack down on it. That's my only complaint against CP3

Donkey4trading
11-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Magic averaged 20/11/7/2 on 61% TS.. For his career

Bigsmoke
11-24-2013, 08:47 PM

That's the best PG ever.

Your point that you are trying to make is stupid.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Obvs Magic was better but Paul is great in his own right.

outbreak
11-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Not just him, any big star how flops. Really got to crack down on it. That's my only complaint against CP3
he's a great player and I like him a lot as a person but I can't respect him. Other stars flop and exaggerate contact but CP3 is on another level when it comes to his flops. He doesn't just flop when there is weak contact he flops when he runs himself into people

moe94
11-24-2013, 08:54 PM

Adjusted for pace (80s was terrible and high pace) Magic was closer to 15/7/5/1 on 45% TS (TS somehow lowers too, trust me)

He'd be a decent back up point forward today.

relax

outbreak
11-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Adjusted for pace (80s was terrible and high pace) Magic was closer to 15/7/5/1 on 45% TS (TS somehow lowers too, trust me)

relax

yulp let's just go adjusting player's stats based on their era while ignoring the different defences and rules their era played under...

TheMilkyBarKid
11-24-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm glad he came out and proved he was the best pg, I'm getting sick of people rating parker and Westbrook above him

longhornfan1234
11-24-2013, 09:26 PM
That's the best PG ever.

Your point that you are trying to make is stupid.

Is Magic playing right now?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-24-2013, 09:30 PM

relax

Your adjusted numbers are off, or was that intentional?

moe94
11-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Your adjusted numbers are off, or was that intentional?
It was a joke.

Donkey4trading
11-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Chris Paul is a great example of a great player who is overrated, especially now with the hype he's been getting this year and talks of "best of PG of all time"

Sure Paul is in the discussion of best PGs of all time, Kobes in the discussion for best SG Of all time too..but that doesn't mean the gap between him and #1 isn't significant. Chris Paul is a player who's been good-great his whole career yet the goal post are always moved when we talk about the expectation for him and his team..

Nobody hesitates to call him a top 3 player in the league yet he's not held to the same standards as his peers. There are elite players, and there are truly elite players who's impact on the court is expected to take their team to an elite level.
For those confused on how I'm defining this my example is current day Kobe, and elite player today, but not the truly elite player of his prime where he was expected to turn good teams into title contenders.

Cp3 is not in the same tier of Lebron,prime Duncan, a prime Kobe or a prime Wade. All of these guys were truly elite players, who when surrounded by even mediocre pieces are still held to championship standards.

You put an all star next to prime Kobe and that team is considered championship or bust. You put a collection of role players that are suited towards Lebrons strengths around Lebron and its championship or bust. Same for a prime Duncan, prime Wade and many others.

Chris Paul is never held to that standard. You take Cp3 off the Clippers last year and replace him with Lebron that team is automatically expected to win a title and if they didnt Lebron would be laughed off ISH for failing with a deep & talented team. Nobody batted an eye when this team didnt make the 2nd round last year even after that record win streak and while having the best record in the western conference..

If we are going to talk about Cp3 being one of the best in the league, MVP candidate then he needs to be held to the same standards for team success as a Lebron or other truly elite players constantly are..

imnew09
11-24-2013, 10:26 PM
He was a Laker for some time... hours. FK YOU STERN

moe94
11-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Nobody hesitates to call him a top 3 player in the league yet he's not held to the same standards as his peers. There are elite players, and there are truly elite players who's impact on the court is expected to take their team to an elite level.

Paul led a team with Chandler/West as his best players and they were respectable...in the west. Both those two were considered products of him. West owed his allstar to him and Chandler was at his absolute best with Paul.

Wade, in his best and peak season, led a team of scrubs to one of the worst records in the league and a joke in the joke East. By your logic, peak Wade had no real effect on a team.

Paul, statistically, is as good as any PG has ever been since Magic. He's hardly overrated. If anything, he's underrated considering people think there is an actual argument for best PG since the 08 season.

outbreak
11-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Chris Paul is a great example of a great player who is overrated, especially now with the hype he's been getting this year and talks of "best of PG of all time"

Sure Paul is in the discussion of best PGs of all time, Kobes in the discussion for best SG Of all time too..but that doesn't mean the gap between him and #1 isn't significant. Chris Paul is a player who's been good-great his whole career yet the goal post are always moved when we talk about the expectation for him and his team..

For those confused on how I'm defining this my example is current day Kobe, and elite player today, but not the truly elite player of his prime where he was expected to turn good teams into title contenders.

Cp3 is not in the same tier of Lebron,prime Duncan, a prime Kobe or a prime Wade. All of these guys were truly elite players, who when surrounded by even mediocre pieces are still held to championship standards.

You put an all star next to prime Kobe and that team is considered championship or bust. You put a collection of role players that are suited towards Lebrons strengths around Lebron and its championship or bust. Same for a prime Duncan, prime Wade and many others.

Chris Paul is never held to that standard. You take Cp3 off the Clippers last year and replace him with Lebron that team is automatically expected to win a title and if they didnt Lebron would be laughed off ISH for failing with a deep & talented team. Nobody batted an eye when this team didnt make the 2nd round last year even after that record win streak and while having the best record in the western conference..

If we are going to talk about Cp3 being one of the best in the league, MVP candidate then he needs to be held to the same standards for team success as a Lebron or other truly elite players constantly are..

That's a good point actually I'd rep you if it would let me.

outbreak
11-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Paul led a team with Chandler/West as his best players and they were respectable...in the west. Both those two were considered products of him. West owed his allstar to him and Chandler was at his absolute best with Paul.

Wade, in his best and peak season, led a team of scrubs to one of the worst records in the league and a joke in the joke East. By your logic, peak Wade had no real effect on a team.

Paul, statistically, is as good as any PG has ever been since Magic. He's hardly overrated. If anything, he's underrated considering people think there is an actual argument for best PG since the 08 season.

the logic isn't that paul has no effect it's that you can't call him the best point guard of all time when his standards aren't finals or bust. Wade isn't an all time great either. Don't get me wrong Wade is a very elite player but to be a legit all time great any team you join should be expected to be competing for a ring.

Donkey4trading
11-24-2013, 10:35 PM

Tyson Chandler is a DPOY & NBA champion without Paul..

David West is/was an all star who is currently starting on the "best" team in the league who are considered the biggest threat to the HEAT.

And we are not talking about when truly elite players are surrounded by scrubs we are talking about when they have another all star next to them or a well built team those players are held to a "championship or bust" standard. See Kobe 08-10, Lebron 08-present

Chris Paul not only plays on a well built team, but also plays with an allstar/all nba player in Blake Griffin. Yet Cp3s season isn't looked at as championship or bust..

moe94
11-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Wade isn't an all time great either.

ZERO CREDIBILITY

longhornfan1234
11-24-2013, 10:44 PM

That came from one journalist:lol .

Stop acting like a lot people are saying CP3> Magic.

moe94
11-24-2013, 10:54 PM
I don't even know why this place had a meltdown over that comment when there were actual threads discussing Paul George as being better than Pippen on this very site.

Istealfrombums
11-24-2013, 11:03 PM

:wtf:
Chandler was a key factor in the Mavericks championship against the Heat.
West has been beasting without CP3 fine.

Stop discrediting players that earned it through hard work. That's like calling Pippen the greatest role player ever for playing with Jordan. :banghead:

notatop29pg
11-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Tyson Chandler is a DPOY & NBA champion without Paul..

David West is/was an all star who is currently starting on the "best" team in the league who are considered the biggest threat to the HEAT.

And we are not talking about when truly elite players are surrounded by scrubs we are talking about when they have another all star next to them or a well built team those players are held to a "championship or bust" standard. See Kobe 08-10, Lebron 08-present

Chris Paul not only plays on a well built team, but also plays with an allstar/all nba player in Blake Griffin. Yet Cp3s season isn't looked at as championship or bust..

David West was a 20ppg PF thanks to Chris Paul. Funny how back then he was a little known jump shooting PF that was useless outside the pick n roll/pop. Now he's a well known "elite" big on a contender. I also recall Tyson being considered no better than current DJ while he was a hornet, ie nothing without they Alley-oops.

Just because they have ended up becoming very valuable players, doesn't mean they have always been that way.

moe94
11-24-2013, 11:11 PM
:wtf:
Chandler was a key factor in the Mavericks championship against the Heat.
West has been beasting without CP3 fine.

Stop discrediting players that earned it through hard work. That's like calling Pippen the greatest role player ever for playing with Jordan. :banghead:

Look at Chandler pre Paul and post Paul and see what happened.

David West was made into a near 20/10 all star PF by Paul and hasn't reached those heights since then.

Darius
11-25-2013, 12:21 AM
:oldlol: @ ISH

ESPN releases one sh:tty clickbait article comparing Magic and CP3 and all of a sudden he is "overrated".

joeyjoejoe
11-25-2013, 12:31 AM
IM a huge Paul fan but no ones saying he is or ever will be on magics level just one idiot, anyway he's played well so far came out on fire then was in a real shooting slump but last four games been back on track

Donkey4trading
11-25-2013, 12:43 AM
:oldlol: @ ISH

ESPN releases one sh:tty clickbait article comparing Magic and CP3 and all of a sudden he is "overrated".

This isn't about Magic comparisons.

It's about people putting him on Lebrons level & the not holding him to the same standards.

Yall wanna put him on that level then he should be expected to lead his first place team to the finals.

Like I said, you put Lebron on this Clips team & remove Paul, it would be a major disappointment if Lebron failed to lead this Clips to a finals. If Cp3 is on that level then it is championship or bust with this team. Just like it should have been last year when he had the best team in the western conference.

With the talent Cp3 has around him he should be expected to make the finals at the very least.. If he truly is a top 3 player in the league.

longhornfan1234
11-25-2013, 12:51 AM

It's about people putting him on Lebrons level & the not holding him to the same standards.

Yall wanna put him on that level then he should be expected to lead his first place team to the finals.

Like I said, you put Lebron on this Clips team & remove Paul, it would be a major disappointment if Lebron failed to lead this Clips to a finals. If Cp3 is on that level then it is championship or bust with this team. Just like it should have been last year when he had the best team in the western conference.

With the talent Cp3 has around him he should be expected to make the finals at the very least.. If he truly is a top 3 player in the league.

Do you make things up in your head? No one compares CP3 to LeBron.

joeyjoejoe
11-25-2013, 12:53 AM
Who said cp is on lebrons level I mean really no one says that and honestly no one is on lebrons level but Lebron not Durant, Paul or healthy Kobe

Darius
11-25-2013, 02:03 AM
Lmao who ever said CP3 is on lebrons level?

That will never happen.

Just sit back and appreciate that a dude who is barely 6ft and - since his knee surgery - an average NBA athlete has a legit claim to bring the 3rd best player in the NBA

Pacquiao
11-25-2013, 03:26 AM
All hype in the regular season and getting Knock the F U C K out of this overrated player in the first round again

LONGTIME
11-25-2013, 03:35 AM

The Clippers weren't the best team in the west last year.

roffie
11-25-2013, 04:01 AM
i don't watch many of the clipps game but.. is this partly cause of doc rivers system?? i'm not saying cp3 is the product of a system but his assist has drastically increased since vinny left

andremiller07
11-25-2013, 04:17 AM
While I don't really like him I got to admit dude is a superstar without question and what he's done to start this season has been unreal. His ability in particular early this year to take over in the 4th has been just unreal he's literally won the Clippers 4-5 games just by doing that and he makes everyone play better.

As far as his game there is no way you can hate on it, the other stuff it is what at is but it in no way takes away from the fact he's a brilliant player.

i don't watch many of the clipps game but.. is this partly cause of doc rivers system?? i'm not saying cp3 is the product of a system but his assist has drastically increased since vinny left
Dudley/Redick are gun shooters, Blakes improved his mid range jumper and DJ is playing harder and moving off the ball more allowing for more easy dunks for CP3 to feed him. He's got more options now than he did last season.

Greg Oden 50
11-25-2013, 09:10 AM

he is as overrated as Lebron James

russwest0
11-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Watch the games, the stat takers are very generous with giving him assists.

I don't understand where all of this love for efficiency comes when guys are protecting it even in losses.

Look at the OKC loss, he shot just 11 times while Griffin shot 23 times.

BoutPractice
11-25-2013, 11:48 AM
You can't hold a 6-0 PG to the same standard as a LeBron. PGs should never be expected to lead their teams to the title, because historically they almost never have. Magic is the exception since he's 6-9 and brings rebounding and mismatches to the table.

grantz
11-25-2013, 11:59 AM

Chris paul will not or will ever be a top 5 all-time NBA player. That was never his expectation unlike lebron. Putting a projected great, once in a generation athletc/skilled player on any team will demand championship expectations.

Your argument is faulty.

What were talking about in Paul is someone who is basically a normal guys stature, average nba athleticism, who is clearly the best point guard in the league. No one sane is comparing him to magic. There's a chance lebron might overtake magic in the all time list. Of course lebron makes a bigger difference.

ninephive
11-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Gearing up for another great playoff run. I wish the Spurs had a good point guard that could get us past the second round of the playoffs.

ninephive
11-25-2013, 01:59 PM

Great post. The guy has great stats because of his style of play, which doesn't lend itself to winning. Give Parker free reign on a team who's offense is more stagnant and doesn't spread around the assists and he could average the dimes that CP3 does...he's already as good of a scorer. Or give Parker the minutes that CP3 gets and see what happens. How many games do the Spurs get a 30-40 point lead in the 2nd and 3rd quarter and Parker sits out the last half of the game? And those are his best minutes (check his ridiculous 4th-quarter stats this year). All that to say that this is the reason why rings, FMVPs, head-to-head, and overall winning matters. Because there are dozens and dozens of NBA players that could go to a team and score 20+ and get 10+ assists a game...the reason most coaches don't let it happen is because they care about winning and a CP3-led team is not a championship contender. It's never even been close and won't until the Clippers start playing a different style of basketball that leads to winning and thus subsequently lowers CP3 "amazing" stats.

leMVP
11-25-2013, 02:34 PM
At his size, he's putting extraordinary numbers and contributing to wins.

He's already surpassing Nash's level at 2005-2006.

Fiasco
11-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Great post. The guy has great stats because of his style of play, which doesn't lend itself to winning. Give Parker free reign on a team who's offense is more stagnant and doesn't spread around the assists and he could average the dimes that CP3 does...he's already as good of a scorer. Or give Parker the minutes that CP3 gets and see what happens. How many games do the Spurs get a 30-40 point lead in the 2nd and 3rd quarter and Parker sits out the last half of the game? And those are his best minutes (check his ridiculous 4th-quarter stats this year). All that to say that this is the reason why rings, FMVPs, head-to-head, and overall winning matters. Because there are dozens and dozens of NBA players that could go to a team and score 20+ and get 10+ assists a game...the reason most coaches don't let it happen is because they care about winning and a CP3-led team is not a championship contender. It's never even been close and won't until the Clippers start playing a different style of basketball that leads to winning and thus subsequently lowers CP3 "amazing" stats.

:hammerhead:

moe94
11-25-2013, 05:07 PM
At his size, he's putting extraordinary numbers and contributing to wins.

He's already surpassing Nash's level at 2005-2006.

He surpassed it in 08.