PDA

View Full Version : When is Jason Kidd gonna get his drunk ass Fired?

branslowski
11-24-2013, 10:51 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: Nets 3-10 lookin like the oldest most garbage team in the league. You would swear dey tankin for Wiggins the way they be playin games. Pierce and Garnett out there lookin like a 1950's NBA highlight:roll: , Joe Johnson lookin bipolar as f*ck as usual (had a solid game tonight though), while Kidd sittin on the bench lookin like a big head lost Alien puppy.

Jay Z like "dat shit crazy":oldlol:

moe94
11-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Pierce and Garnett out there lookin like a 1950's NBA highlight:roll:
:oldlol:

Donkey4trading
11-24-2013, 10:54 PM
All I want to know is who owns their pick for this year?

Is it lottery protected? Is it with Boston? Is Boston about to leave the draft with Wiggins & Parker?

hawkfan
11-24-2013, 10:55 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: Nets 3-10 lookin like the oldest most garbage team in the league. You would swear dey tankin for Wiggins the way they be playin games. Pierce and Garnett out there lookin like a 1950's NBA highlight:roll: , Joe Johnson lookin bipolar as f*ck as usual (had a solid game tonight though), while Kidd sittin on the bench lookin like a big head lost Alien puppy.

He's doing what ownership wants.
There's only so much juice you can squeeze out of a lemon. Time for KG and PP to retire.

The JKidd Kid
11-24-2013, 11:00 PM
He's doing what ownership wants.
There's only so much juice you can squeeze out of a lemon. Time for KG and PP to retire.

Not at all, both Pierce and KG have a lot left, that's how I can tell you havnt been watching games. This team has been cursed with injuries and therefore havnt been able to develop any chemistry or cohesiveness. I fully expect them to turn it around.

hawkfan
11-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Not at all, both Pierce and KG have a lot left, that's how I can tell you havnt been watching games. This team has been cursed with injuries and therefore havnt been able to develop any chemistry or cohesiveness. I fully expect them to turn it around.

When will they turn it around? How many games will they lose in the interim?

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-24-2013, 11:07 PM
All I want to know is who owns their pick for this year?

Is it lottery protected? Is it with Boston? Is Boston about to leave the draft with Wiggins & Parker?
http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Years/2014.htm

Hawks or Celts, Hawks get priority if less favorable.

(seriously, wtf is up w/ these weird ass protected picks)

also lol @ Knicks pick going to Nuggets. Imagine Nuggets and Hawks getting Top 3 picks.

oh the horror
11-24-2013, 11:08 PM

When is that going to happen exactly? When they fall into a hole that's nearly impossible to get out of?

This is more than just a chemistry issue.

outbreak
11-24-2013, 11:09 PM
the issue really is the system or lack of system. KG and Pierce still have a lot left their offence just struggles to run anything. Wasn't their some article that claimed to have analysed all their games this year and only seen something like 20 plays run so far? They need a new coach or if they don't want to ruin Kidd they need an assistant coach who pulls the strings.

hawkfan
11-24-2013, 11:22 PM

The Hawks have the Nets pick if it goes no. 1, so no Wiggins for Brooklyn.

hawkfan
11-24-2013, 11:23 PM

also lol @ Knicks pick going to Nuggets. Imagine Nuggets and Hawks getting Top 3 picks.

The Hawks have first choice, so if it goes high, it's ours.

hawkfan
11-24-2013, 11:25 PM

We can get Wiggins, we have enough cap space to get a max level free agent, and all of our core are under contracts (9 of our guys). Plus we get our first round pick from this year who is playing in Europe this year.

And we will hopefully make the playoffs - no. 3 in the East right now.

bagelred
11-24-2013, 11:42 PM
also lol @ Knicks pick going to Nuggets.

So you wouldn't have given up a first rounder for Melo?

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-24-2013, 11:49 PM
So you wouldn't have given up a first rounder for Melo?
nah, I'm not laughing at the deal. I'm laughing at how it could possibly turn out that the one year the Knicks are bad w/ Melo, they don't even reap the "reward" of being bad.

And ppl have said the Nugs need a star since Melo left. Would be funny if they got it in the 2014 Draft while still making the playoffs.

edit:
oh but to answer you question, no I wouldn't trade a 1st-rnder for Melo, no matter what situation my team was in. I know he's got all the offensive ability in the world, but he wouldn't fit in the type of team I'd build.

hawkfan
11-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Worst of all worlds for the Knicks:

1. No playoffs.
2. Carmelo Anthony opts out and leaves for Los Angeles.
3. Denver ends up with Wiggins, Randle or Parker.

and

Jeremy Lin wins Most Improved Player award (and he is playing in the playoffs).

ILLsmak
11-24-2013, 11:57 PM

1. No playoffs.

and

Dunno how you can give Lin MIP unless he plays even better than he played during Linsanity.

-Smak

hawkfan
11-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Well, I want Jeff Teague to win anyway.

But for Lin to be in the conversation, that is a mark of solid play by him.

SpecialQue
11-25-2013, 12:08 AM
I talk a lot of shit, but I want both New York teams to do well this season. Otherwise, there's absolutely NO reason to watch the eastern playoffs (except Pacers/Heat ECF).

GoRapz
11-25-2013, 02:26 AM
I talk a lot of shit, but I want both New York teams to do well this season. Otherwise, there's absolutely NO reason to watch the eastern playoffs (except Pacers/Heat ECF).

Raptors :pimp:

branslowski
11-25-2013, 04:23 AM
When is that going to happen exactly? When they fall into a hole that's nearly impossible to get out of?

This. I mean, yea they've had injuries but the main core has played and They still look rough. They just seem to look lethargic out on the floor, and IMO I think it stims from the lack of Respect they have for Jason Kidd.

Teanett
11-25-2013, 05:29 AM

1. No playoffs.

and

...and keep woodson and jr smith

niko
11-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Lin playing well doesn't affect the Knicks at all. Once you make a trade there is no undo button. You move on.

The JKidd Kid
11-25-2013, 08:21 AM

How about when they're two best players aren't injured.

niko
11-25-2013, 08:27 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10032908/jason-kidd-support-brooklyn-nets-ownership-early-struggles

Among the Nets' initial concerns early in the season, sources confirmed, were some "philosophical differences" between Kidd and lead assistant Lawrence Frank. But sources stressed to ESPN.com that the Nets have been working to smooth out any issues in recent days.

"They're fine," one source said of Kidd and Frank.

Coming into the season, Frank was considered as the ideal complement to Kidd as he learned on the job, similar to the set up in Chicago when first-time head coach Vinny Del Negro was flanked by two veteran head coaches in Del Harris and Bernie Bickerstaff. The New York Daily News, in Friday's editions, first reported an issue between Kidd and Frank; multiple sources with knowledge of the situation have labeled it "friction" to ESPN.com.

I told everyone Frank isn't this fantastic hire. He's looking to get Kidd's job if Kidd is fired. Frank as a head coach didn't have his player's respect and had marginal (if any) success yet he is there to guide someone who is supposed to become a star coach. Why get some middling talent to mentor someone you think it going to be a star? Frank is a good coordinator, he was not a good head coach nor a head coach who got his players to give good effort.

They needed an old ex coach who didn't want back in as Kidd's #1.

fiddy
11-25-2013, 08:29 AM

1. No playoffs.

and

No thanks.

Harison
11-25-2013, 10:08 AM
When will they turn it around? How many games will they lose in the interim?

PP and KG werent suppose to carry the Nets, its Deron, JJ and Lopez job.

PP started great but went downhill, maybe some injury? Or shooting slump, who knows.

KG rebounding is best since his prime days in Minny (12,7 rebounds Per36), defense is good too, but cant get into shooting rhythm with random short playtime minutes.

The biggest issues so far is no coaching to speak off, and two best players injured. If Kidd wont get it together, or wont be fired, then Nets in for a rough ride.

hawkfan
11-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Report: Jason Kidd won't be fired anytime soon:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10032908/jason-kidd-support-brooklyn-nets-ownership-early-struggles

niko
11-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Report: Jason Kidd won't be fired anytime soon:

It's in this thread on the same page.

gigantes
11-25-2013, 10:39 AM
firing kidd is not going to solve anything at this point. the nets have too much talent at all levels to stay horrible. the real question is, once they get it together, how far can they really go? at this point, i guess all us nets fans would be thrilled if they managed to make the 2nd or 3rd round.

niko-- i know you don't respect frank, but bball analysts and coaches and management around the league do. and for some reason you like to forget that pretty much all his teams since around eight years ago have had weak talent or badly mis-matched parts. that stuff matters.

kidd obviously has some work to do, but that part was expected. the biggest reason for the nets performance has pretty much been prokhy... the man with the super-generous wallet but very little patience. as in, we were in absolutely incredible shape just a couple years ago... loads of cap room, flexibility, an army of desirable picks. but prokhy wanted to use it all up quick for the NYC move so that the nets would make a big splash.

this is the sound of that splash.

CelticBaller
11-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Nets fans better hope for a DUI soon :lol

Fresh Kid
11-25-2013, 10:42 AM

1. No playoffs.

and

we are talkin' about tha Brooklyn mess man, not tha knicks:no:

niko
11-25-2013, 10:47 AM
firing kidd is not going to solve anything at this point. the nets have too much talent at all levels to stay horrible. the real question is, once they get it together, how far can they really go? at this point, i guess all us nets fans would be thrilled if they managed to make the 2nd or 3rd round.

niko-- i know you don't respect frank, but bball analysts and coaches and management around the league do. and for some reason you like to forget that pretty much all his teams since around eight years ago have had weak talent or badly mis-matched parts. that stuff matters.

kidd obviously has some work to do, but that part was expected. the biggest reason for the nets performance has pretty much been prokhy... the man with the super-generous wallet but very little patience. as in, we were in absolutely incredible shape just a couple years ago... loads of cap room, flexibility, an army of desirable picks. but prokhy wanted to use it all up quick for the NYC move so that the nets would make a big splash.

this is the sound of that splash.
I respect Frank. I wanted the Knicks to get him as our defensive assistant. The Nets have made him defacto behind the scenes head coach. Do you remember his as Nets coach? Or Pistons coach? Players tune him out effort wise, in Boston with Doc they played hard but was that Doc or Frank? He's a great assistant, a terrible head coach. Unfortunately he's here to teach Kidd to be a head coach.

Frank wants to be head coach. When you need a wingman do you get one who wants the same girl? He also may have more of Garnett and Pierce's respect than Kidd has. That's good how?

gigantes
11-25-2013, 11:11 AM
I respect Frank. I wanted the Knicks to get him as our defensive assistant. The Nets have made him defacto behind the scenes head coach. Do you remember his as Nets coach? Or Pistons coach? Players tune him out effort wise, in Boston with Doc they played hard but was that Doc or Frank? He's a great assistant, a terrible head coach. Unfortunately he's here to teach Kidd to be a head coach.

Frank wants to be head coach. When you need a wingman do you get one who wants the same girl? He also may have more of Garnett and Pierce's respect than Kidd has. That's good how?
you're being unrealistic about frank IMO. we know two things for sure-- with a solid group he can perform well, and teams with personnel issues / weaknesses tend to tune out their coaches anyway over time.

also, he's still pretty young for a lead assistant or HC, so it's reasonable to expect that he would grow. your seeming idea that the frank of today is the same as the younger, more raw frank doesn't make much sense to me.

another thing-- kidd obviously has more than just frank to learn from. they didn't go bargain basement on that coaching staff, so chances are he has people to learn from at every level. it's a stereotype, and a weak one, to think that frank is de facto HC.

carlisle in dallas just came out with the statement that he learned more from kidd with the mavs than from any other... player, i guess it was. or maybe it was just 'person'... which would be an even more amazing statement.

also, frank is not larry brown. i don't think he's remotely that big of a douchebag to be worrying about his next HC gig when he expressly came in (and is being paid gloriously) to help get the new-look nets going.

last, if you think PP and KG don't have a tonne of respect for kidd already, there's probably not much reason to even debate. it's like you're making up issues out of thin air at this point.

someone has been slipping xanax in your coffee, is my guess.

niko
11-25-2013, 01:03 PM
you're being unrealistic about frank IMO. we know two things for sure-- with a solid group he can perform well, and teams with personnel issues / weaknesses tend to tune out their coaches anyway over time.

also, he's still pretty young for a lead assistant or HC, so it's reasonable to expect that he would grow. your seeming idea that the frank of today is the same as the younger, more raw frank doesn't make much sense to me.

another thing-- kidd obviously has more than just frank to learn from. they didn't go bargain basement on that coaching staff, so chances are he has people to learn from at every level. it's a stereotype, and a weak one, to think that frank is de facto HC.

carlisle in dallas just came out with the statement that he learned more from kidd with the mavs than from any other... player, i guess it was. or maybe it was just 'person'... which would be an even more amazing statement.

also, frank is not larry brown. i don't think he's remotely that big of a douchebag to be worrying about his next HC gig when he expressly came in (and is being paid gloriously) to help get the new-look nets going.

last, if you think PP and KG don't have a tonne of respect for kidd already, there's probably not much reason to even debate. it's like you're making up issues out of thin air at this point.

someone has been slipping xanax in your coffee, is my guess.
I said Kidd would have issues with Frank before the season. Kidd has issues with Frank 13 games in. Frank wants a head coaching gig, that's just factual. He's getting money that while good is nowhere near top head coaching money. And i know KG and PP respect Kidd, but whose voice do they look to first?

I don't know what you want - is Stein hating too?

I think you are thinking I'm trying to say Frank is actively sabotaging, I don't think so at all. I just think the dynamic is off. Asking people to behave in ways that go against their personalities is a bad idea.

The nets haven't put Kidd in an ideal situation to suceed. It's just a weird dynamic that's a bit off.

jzek
11-25-2013, 01:05 PM
World will end first before they fire Kidd.

niko
11-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Personally i don't think the Nets should destroy a relationship with one of their all time greats 13 games into a season.

Fresh Kid
11-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Personally i don't think the Nets should destroy a relationship with one of their all time greats 13 games into a season.
what if it gets worse tho?

hawksdogsbraves
11-25-2013, 01:35 PM
what if it gets worse tho?

Well the good news is that's not really possible :cheers:

Fresh Kid
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Well the good news is that's not really possible :cheers:
how are u so sure?:confusedshrug: :lol

gigantes
11-25-2013, 02:12 PM
I said Kidd would have issues with Frank before the season. Kidd has issues with Frank 13 games in. Frank wants a head coaching gig, that's just factual. He's getting money that while good is nowhere near top head coaching money. And i know KG and PP respect Kidd, but whose voice do they look to first?
there's some grains of verity in all of those statements / questions, but you're pretty much pushing them all in to fantasyland. i doubt we're gonna get anywhere on this stuff anytime soon, because we've also kind of been over this stuff before.

is stein hating...? i don't know where hating comes in, and what did stein say that was so terrible?

frank actively sabotaging? that would be a pretty insane thought and you're basically one of the sane people here, so no, i would not hang that on you.

Asking people to behave in ways that go against their personalities is a bad idea.

The nets haven't put Kidd in an ideal situation to suceed. It's just a weird dynamic that's a bit off.
agree with you on those!

however, i think by far the main thing that matters is winning. if that was happening, then we wouldn't be discussing any of this. by contrast, when a team underperforms everything smells shitty / flawed. same old drill.

niko
11-25-2013, 02:34 PM
there's some grains of verity in all of those statements / questions, but you're pretty much pushing them all in to fantasyland. i doubt we're gonna get anywhere on this stuff anytime soon, because we've also kind of been over this stuff before.

is stein hating...? i don't know where hating comes in, and what did stein say that was so terrible?

frank actively sabotaging? that would be a pretty insane thought and you're basically one of the sane people here, so no, i would not hang that on you.

agree with you on those!

however, i think by far the main thing that matters is winning. if that was happening, then we wouldn't be discussing any of this. by contrast, when a team underperforms everything smells shitty / flawed. same old drill.
I mention Stein because he also said the Frank thing isn't working out. Proof is in the pudding, the Frank thing is mentioned because someone is leaking, either Kidd camp, Frank or Nets camp, none of which is good.

mlh1981
11-25-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm still in disbelief that Kidd was able to make the immediate transition from NBA player to head coach, especially being a head coach of a veteran team, many whom are only a few years younger than him. He must have really nailed the job interview.

leMVP
11-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Let's remind the people here, he's playing without his best 2 players in Brook and Deron, and He's trying to put the load offensively on some old knees in Garnett and Pierce.

Give him a slack.

avonbarksdale
11-25-2013, 02:40 PM
he better be fired soon if they want to turn it around

gigantes
11-25-2013, 03:22 PM
I mention Stein because he also said the Frank thing isn't working out. Proof is in the pudding, the Frank thing is mentioned because someone is leaking, either Kidd camp, Frank or Nets camp, none of which is good.
nobody but an extreme insider, moron, or person trying to fulfill media contracts would say that the frank or kidd thing wasn't working out.

it's just ridiculously early to say something like that, and also ignorant of the basic reality that whenever a team is struggling there are SUPPOSED to be notable squabbles.

this is not sesame street, dude. this is a typical indication that they care.

"the proof is in the pudding"... haha, yes... as long as it enables your POV, then the answer is yes.

niko, i see now that i've taught you very little over the years, and that makes me... :(

hawksdogsbraves
11-25-2013, 03:49 PM
how are u so sure?:confusedshrug: :lol

Well they're already 3-10, it doesn't get much worse than that :oldlol:

niko
11-25-2013, 03:54 PM
nobody but an extreme insider, moron, or person trying to fulfill media contracts would say that the frank or kidd thing wasn't working out.

it's just ridiculously early to say something like that, and also ignorant of the basic reality that whenever a team is struggling there are SUPPOSED to be notable squabbles.

this is not sesame street, dude. this is a typical indication that they care.

"the proof is in the pudding"... haha, yes... as long as it enables your POV, then the answer is yes.

niko, i see now that i've taught you very little over the years, and that makes me... :(

I know this is not Sesame Street. I think you think it is. Frank wants to be the head coach, and his main strengths are also not those of a head coach. So essentially Kidd's defacto mentor is not the best choice for that in his skillset nor his agenda. And the main pillars in the locker room all came in with Frank. Do you remember who coached game 1? Look at Garnett's quotes before the game (and Franks') and then looked who actually coached. There's a disconnect.

Basically, it's a terrible leadership setup, you have a bunch of people who would have leadership cache, but everyone looking in different directions. The purpose of having Frank was so this wasn't the case, but Frank is not a hammer for Kidd to use, that's not his personality. The Nets needed an old venerable person, someone who took orders from Kidd and passed them straight through. The Nets flowchart should be a straight line down, and instead it's a whole bunch of dotted lines all over.

Might they still win? Sure, dysfunction is not exactly uncommon. But considering how little the margin of error is if you want to be a title winner (which is the point), why build in dysfunction?

It's like the Knicks, we have built in dysfunction. The Nets, essentially starting from scratch, are building in dysfunction. It's puzzling to me why this doesn't drive Net fans nuts.

niko
11-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Basically I don't think this is Kidd's fault and while he seems a bit lost at times i don't think he's been put in a position to succeed, so him taking the fall for it seems ridiculous to me, ten times over since it's 13 games in.

gigantes
11-25-2013, 04:11 PM
@niko,
throw out the first 2/3rds of your first paragraph (confirmation bias / brain fart alert), and i suspect you're heading rapidly towards the real fire.

from that point on you have some interesting thoughts that we should all be entertaining IMO. i hadn't considered some of those before... would be cool if you could keep citing specific reference in future, expand a little bit on your theory. make some threads, keep track of that drama...

side note: i know i'm an unusual person, but i have little allegiance towards my own opinion. my opinion can go f--k itself to make way for a more accurate view of reality. just saying. :D

niko
11-25-2013, 04:59 PM
@niko,
throw out the first 2/3rds of your first paragraph (confirmation bias / brain fart alert), and i suspect you're heading rapidly towards the real fire.

from that point on you have some interesting thoughts that we should all be entertaining IMO. i hadn't considered some of those before... would be cool if you could keep citing specific reference in future, expand a little bit on your theory. make some threads, keep track of that drama...

side note: i know i'm an unusual person, but i have little allegiance towards my own opinion. my opinion can go f--k itself to make way for a more accurate view of reality. just saying. :D
Did you see Garnett's Beat Commercial? Totally off topic, but wasn't that revealing? Didn't that seem like how he probably thinks the world perceives him?

gigantes
11-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Did you see Garnett's Beat Commercial? Totally off topic, but wasn't that revealing? Didn't that seem like how he probably thinks the world perceives him?
caught a glimpse on ND. masterful timing, eh? :lol

k0kakw0rld
11-25-2013, 07:04 PM

So if they change coach and it is the same result, you are going to do another thread? :confusedshrug:

Lemme give you an example why New York fans are immature.

They wanted D'antoni fired then Woodson took over brought them to the playoffs with a decent record. Now this year things ain't going as planned and they want to get rid of him :wtf:

Coach Kidd ain't the one playing on the court. If anything, the players need to be blamed. They ain't making their shots, how is that the coach's fault? With a leader like KG in the locker room. People were exciting to watch the Nets play during RG, after watching preseason. People were saying KG changed the team with his leadership. "Another overrated statement from the fans" :facepalm

- KG & Pierce are old
- Joe Johnson is only relevant when the game is close. (clutch wise)
- Brook Lopez is our best player right now
- D-Will is injured and does not look like his usual self.
- J-Kidd lacks experience but...that is not the reason why the team is now 3-10

Lebron23
11-26-2013, 11:07 PM
I think by the end of the year. Nets needs a competent head coach, and some leadership.

The JKidd Kid
11-26-2013, 11:15 PM
I think by the end of the year. Nets needs a competent head coach, and some leadership.

Someones a hater. :rolleyes:

Lebron23
11-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Someones a hater. :rolleyes:

Your team owner is a billionaire. You guys needs to hire Phil Jackson or even Larry Brown.

Kidd is not even a better coach than Vinny Del Negro. Lionel Hollins is also a free agent coach right now.

kamil
11-26-2013, 11:22 PM
Well they're already 3-10, it doesn't get much worse than that :oldlol:

Actually it does get worse than that. I can give you three examples:

1) 2-11
2) 1-12
3) 0-13

The JKidd Kid
11-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Your team owner is a billionaire. You guys needs to hire Phil Jackson or even Larry Brown.

Kidd is not even a better coach than Vinny Del Negro. Lionel Hollins is also a free agent coach right now.

:rolleyes: Not like we havent dealt with people like you before.

Lebron23
11-26-2013, 11:46 PM
:rolleyes: Not like we havent dealt with people like you before.

Stop defending Jason Squid.